- Delhi: Sense it!Wow what a first day in India!
In the morning I visited the old Mughal sites Qutib Minar & Jama Mosjid mosque, both resplendent in their red sandstone & white marble architecture.
After a butter chicken lunch I spent the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 22, 2014
- Agra in 3 Days: "it is not allowed to paint the Taj Mahal"Finally, Agra - a place where we'd been told to 'be careful' as people would rob us in the street, a setting that I feared would be tourist-crazy, an ugly picture frame for spectators. We stayed in a hostel near Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 16, 2013
- Kovalam[See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Kovalam%20and%20Alleppey|here]]. Password same as for the blog]
The name Kerala means land of the coconut and you can tell why; bountiful palm trees fan out as far as the eye Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 21, 2014
- Indien, der Süden Teil 2
Auf unserer Weiterfahrt nach Mysore kamen wir an einem Kuhmarkt vorbei. Dieses Spektakel konnten wir uns natürlich nicht entgehen lassen! Es herrschte emsiger Betrieb....
[img=http://pho Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 18, 2014
- A Day in the Life of an American Volunteer School Teacher[center]A Day in the Life of an American Volunteer School Teacher[/center]
5:30am- I am awaken by pigeons on the roof rehearsing their tap routine. I roll my eyes and go back to sleep
6am - Grandma goes downstairs and rings the Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Apr 19, 2014
- Periyar[You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Periyar?sort=2&page=1|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog.]
It was nearly a three hour drive from the stunning scenery of Munnar to the forests, Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- Cochin & Munnar[You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Munnar?sort=2&page=1|here]]. Password is the same as the blog]
We arrived in Cochin in the middle of a tropical rain storm. Heavy, warm rain lashed down Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- JaipurRajasthan - Jaipur. April 6th.
[To see all the photos click [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Jaipur|here]]. Password is the same as the one for the blog.]
Initial impressions of Jaipur weren't great - dirty, sme Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- SOUL TRAVEL Part IIIAfter leaving Varanasi, I travelled 17 hours on yet another train to West Bengal to begin Part 3 of my Indian Soul Travel. India and I were back together and stronger than ever after a beautiful visit in Varanasi. Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Apr 19, 2014
- Indien, der Süden Teil 1
Indien hat sich zu meiner eigenen Überraschung ganz schön in mein Herz geschlichen und da ich seit dem letzten Besuch wirklich jeden Menschen indischer Herkunft sowie jeden hinduistischen Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 15, 2014
- Don't Lucknow... A man in an internet cafe claimed "there are so many things in Lucknow"; less encouragingly our Varanasi lodge owner told us “there is nothing in Lucknow”.
My answer is, "there is nothing in Lucknow, but you'll have an adventure getting Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 13, 2013
- Vaishnodevi - A unique spiritual experienceI had begun to delve into Spirituality in the year 2012 and I had received some confirmations about a possible trip to Vaishnodevi like all the others who receive their "calling" to visit the shrine, making it spiritually special. I Posted by sharmilamumbai9 in Sharmila's Travels | Apr 15, 2014
- A lifechanging experience on my birthday at PehelgamIt was my birthday and I woke up early at our hotel and got ready for the next day's trip. Our sub-group never thought it would be this lucky. We were to go up to the Lidder Valley at Pehelgam, Posted by sharmilamumbai9 in Sharmila's Travels | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 24 - Heading away from MumbaiChristine not feeling great, there is a bug flying around the ship and she has it. Sore throat and a cough, great! She also has a bit of a temperature which explains the hot flushes through the night. Oh well Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- Day 23 - MumbaiStay in bed as long as possible but be in the Palladium Theatre before 9.45 am that's the plan! We got on the Mumbai Sights & Shopping - yeah that will keep us out of trouble won't it?
Announcements this morning Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- What do you mean it's OVER!?!?What do you mean it's over!?
Guys... Today, April the ... Oh *gasp* I have to admit it -14th!! Why how when what does one mean by this date's manifestation on our itinerary, my iPad calendar, on our final. Exam. Schedule... Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Apr 14, 2014
- Agra & The Taj Mahal[You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Agra%20and%20the%20Taj%20Mahal?sort=2&page=1|here]]. Password is the same as the one for the blog.]
We woke before the dawn, eager to watch the sunrise Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 12, 2014
- Pushkar[right][/right]We had heard great things about Pushkar before arriving, so we were excited to see what all of the fuss was about. It wasn't initally on our list of places to go, but after so many recommendations again we decided Posted by TashAdams89 in Part 1 - Asia | Apr 9, 2014
- I am still trying to get the colour out of my hair!All I can say is AMAZING!!!! Holi could very well be my new favourite festival of all time! Those Indians really know how to party. It is completely insane! As a white single girl, I certainly wouldn't recommend going to Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Apr 8, 2014
- FINALLY it happened!! It was time to leave Jodhpur and head south...
I thought it would be the perfect start of my travels, to visit "Om Banna", a motorcycle temple, and pray for a save journey... And boy did I need Posted by MightyDuckling in The Mighty Duckling | Apr 8, 2014
- Glamping and the Golden CityI will preface this post by firstly explaining what glamping is as I am sure not all of you are as well versed in the lingo of the young folk these days (shamefully, I know more than I should!). Glamping Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Apr 7, 2014
- India - Delhi[To see all the photos click [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Delhi|here]]. Password is the same as the one for the blog.]
A pleasant surprise, is probably the best way to describe our first experience of India. Al Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 6, 2014
- INDIA and IVORIE: REUNITEDI fell in love in Varansai.
Fell in love with a Gypsy Soul.
A sweet soul but a hard soul and with a guard up so strong even the sharpest knife breaks upon puncture. I know this soul well so Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Apr 6, 2014
- Fort CochinMr Abu, the owner of the Honolulu Homestay had said he could arrange tours of Fort Cochin and boat trips or whatever we wanted during our stay in Cochin. Fearing a hefty commission we opted to venture out on our Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Apr 3, 2014
- AlleppyConsidering all the other trains we had caught were delayed, I was very disappointed when the train to Alleppy pulled in perfectly on time... 05:30! We headed off in the dark with our tuk tuk driver assuring us he knew Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Apr 3, 2014