- JaipurAs we approached Jaipur on the 4-hour drive from Ranthambore a few more mountains started to penetrate the dead flat landscape we had seen so far. Manjeet, our driver asked if we wanted to see a monkey temple and Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Feb 14, 2014
- Kerala Backwaters to Kochi - Tuesday, 11 February 2014Woke up just before sunrise and went for a walk onshore to take some photos. It was cool and peaceful though the air air was heavy with humidity. Sunrise isn't until about 7am because we are in Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 12, 2014
- Traveller normsWe've been thinking this afternoon about this little things which we've noticed since entering India with our backpacks. The things we don't go into detail about in our other blog posts because they could go on forever.
Here is our Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 12, 2014
- Periyar Tiger Reserve to Kerala Backwaters - Mon 10 Feb 2014Left Thekedy for a two and a half hour drive down the mountain to join our houseboat for a night on the Kerala Backwaters. It was very windy and the driver was screeching around the corners and not long Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 11, 2014
- Periyar Tiger Reserve - Sunday, 9 February 2014Set the alarm for 6am and we all met in the restaurant for coffee and croissants prior to leaving at 7ish for a walk in the Periyar Tiger Reserve.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 11, 2014
- The backwatersAlleppey - the heart of Kerala's backwaters where we arrived via our first train journey. The train wasn't too bad, albeit the station was a little congusing. It was lovely to watch the sun come up over the breath taking Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 11, 2014
- Lessons learnt
Our time in Varkala is up and has taught us the basics of Indian culture. We are lucky to have met some lovely people who taught us some valuable lessons in avoiding being ripped off in India Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 11, 2014
- Out and about in MumbaiOur room was described as an "ocean view" room. Yes, you can just see the ocean in the distance, but the name may have been slightly misleading. Perhaps algae infested swamp view may have been slightly more representative. Nevertheless, despite Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 10, 2014
- What do you mean there are no elephants on Elephanta Island?Well folks, we find ourselves back in Mumbai again...take two! Time for us to redeem ourselves a bit (or at least try to) in getting our Mumbai bucket list addressed.
We will be in Mumbai for a total of three Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 9, 2014
- Discovering CamelsDo you know anything about camels? Uh, I knew like, um nothing. We took a risk and spent 3 days on a camel safari, meaning we relied on camels, our guide and the stars (under which we slept on the Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 9, 2014
- Madurai to Periyar Tiger Reserve - Saturday, 8 February 2014A little story from last night's dinner. The red onion salad consisted of red onion and mayonnaise and something else that I couldn't recognize. I asked Paula the tour guide and she didn't know. She asked Eugine and he Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 9, 2014
- WildIndiaOn a black and red rickety bus with the whole gang heading to Mysore's Bird sanctuary . Gard says it's the best he's seen in his fifty or so years of watching my least favourite animals :)...
My favourite parts of Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 8, 2014
- Adzin 09: Koud, Kaste, Kameel / New Delhi, Rajasthan, Agra
Vanaf de eerste dag in noord-India hebben we het vaak koud gehad. We landden in (New) Delhi en de zon scheen niet echt, het was zelfs een beetje nevelig. Het is er nu winte Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Feb 8, 2014
- Varanasi31/01 a 05/02
Une grande différence entre Delhi et Varanasi sont les sons. La où à Delhi on entendait les scooters, les klaxons, les pétards ou le bruit des gens dans la rue, à Varanasi, je ne sais pas si c'est Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 3, 2014
- 4 chicks from Radelaide and 800 of our closest Indian matesThe city of Agra may be a hole, but the people are some of the most generous, warm and welcoming people that I have ever met.
Attending an Indian wedding has been on my bucket list for a number of Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 7, 2014
- Chettinad to Madurai - Friday, 7 February 2014Left the hotel at 9am for the two hour trip to Madurai. As we were leaving, the staff presented us all with a small basket of flowers. Lovely gesture.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/20140207_141253.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 7, 2014
- Wildlife in Southern India! Tomorrow we're going to a bird sanctuary just outside of Mysore for the morning, and to Bandipur National Park in Karnataka, two hours away from ODP. I cannot wait to see all the animooooooes!!!!!
That's all, just wanted to share Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 7, 2014
- Puducherry to Chettinad - Wednesday, 5 February 2014Very early start today. Up at 5am, bags out and breakfast at 6am and on the bus for the long drive to Chettinad. We drove for four hours through the very fertile region known as the rice bowl of Tamil Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 6, 2014
- Letter From Poona===From a letter home dated 11-9-1966
[b]Poona, Maharashtra, India
We arrived in Poona 2 days ago and it was wonderful to read the great pile of letters that were waiting for me here. It is exactly 2 years today since we last Posted by Ozac in Back Down Shoestring Road | Feb 6, 2014
- Une petite carte de notre voyage en Inde Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Mar 25, 2014
- Chettinad - Thursday, 6 February 2014We both had a good night's sleep and went down for breakfast under the bougainvillea.
[center][img=http://photos. Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 6, 2014
- Indian RagasThe more I'm exposed to new sounds, instruments and people the greater my ambition becomes to take up all of them !! So far my exposure to Indian music has been utterly minimal ! I was over the moon Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 6, 2014
- The ultimate symbol of loveThis entry is going to be relatively short and sweet. Most of what I will be "saying" will be in the form of pictures; my favourite type of "reading"!
There isn't too much to say about Agra (to be Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 6, 2014
- Puducherry - Tuesday, 4 February 2014[center][/center]
Sunrise at Pondicherry / Puducherry.
We both had a good night's sleep and joined our group for breakfast. I have the same breakfast at every hotel and am findin Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 6, 2014
- Mamallapuram to Puducherry - Monday, 3 February 2014Left at 9am and visited a world Heritage site built in the 7th century by the Pallava kings. Rock caves, monolithic shrines and temples which are considered the finest example of Pallava art. It really was a fabulous site and Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 6, 2014