- March 19 (Thurs)During the night a few people who were looking for places to sleep wandered into our carriage but I noticed that the students would confront them and none of these folks stopped in our carriage for long. Around midnight Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 19, 2015
- March 18 (Wed)
Today is a travel day; I plan to take the 5:45pm train from Varanasi to Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 19, 2015
- March 17 (Tues)This morning I got up when the noise outside prevented me from sleeping any more. I discovered that the power was out again when I tried switching on a light.
The highlight of Varanasi is supposed to be walking along Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 19, 2015
- GoaGoa is actually a state within India and not a specific city, like I thought it was. We have spent four nights in Goa, two in the town of Panaji and two at Palolem Beach. Neither one of these two Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 19, 2015
- Reaching Rishikesh
Have just completed my main ‘epic journey’ (physical not spiritual) for this trip to India. I chose to take trains instead of flying because it really is the most enjoyable way to trave Posted by Amyexploring in Return to Adventures... 2015 | Mar 16, 2015
- MumbaiWe have made it to Mumbai and it is a huge city. A person would need several days, if not a week or so to see most of the sites. Fran and I were saying in the Fort district and Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 17, 2015
- March 16 (Mon)When I woke this morning the rain had stopped; the sky was partly cloudy and occasionally the sun would pop out. I wanted to check the weather for the day but when I tried to use my netbook I Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 17, 2015
- Incredibly, more India
Yes, yes, still in India, and it's not the last post on this vast country. We are nearing the end of a year here, yet there is still so much to see.
Dhrangadhra's got the feel of Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Mar 16, 2015
- Hampi, Holi & Hollie's Bday
[img=http://ph Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 15, 2015
- March 15 (Sun)It was noisy in the morning so I got up shortly after awaking. I was hungry and consulted my guidebook to see if there were any good restaurants in the area. It recommended a place called the Brown Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- March 14 (Sat)
All train schedules are online and there were a couple of stops of significance that my train made on its way to Varanasi. I jotted down the departure times for them Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- March 13 (Fri)It was raining when I woke this morning. This was a bit of a surprise because I’ve been keeping tabs on the weather and rain wasn’t forecast to start until late in the afternoon. But the rain didn’t Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- BadamiHow the sculptors could manage these always remains a mystery? The level of detailing in each of the sculpture is too good. Jain temple along with the Hindu temples is an example of religious tolerance of that period.
Badami cave consists Posted by computingsachin in Rameshavaram | Mar 14, 2015
- March 12 (Thurs)Today I decided to get up early and go to the Taj Mahal. To be honest I had been dreading doing this. As India’s most popular tourist destination (attracting roughly 3 million people annually) I knew it would Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 14, 2015
- IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG MAN
After making love very overpoweringly, we were both gasping for a breather.
I lit a cigarette and kept the ashtray on my belly balancing it in such a way that it did not trip over and spoil the crisp cotton Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Mar 13, 2015
- IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG MANAfter making love very overpoweringly, we were both gasping for a breather.
I lit a cigarette and kept the ashtray on my belly balancing it in such a way that it did not trip over and spoil the crisp cotton Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 13, 2015
- UdaipurFran and i have just spent four and a half great days in Udaipur. It was warm, not too crowded and all of the locals were very friendly and helpful. Even the store owners were not overly pushy, they would Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 13, 2015
- March 11 (Wed)After a decent night’s sleep I was feeling a bit better today.
I was craving a cup of good coffee -- something I haven’t had for a few days. My guidebook said that there was a Cafe Coffee Day Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 12, 2015
- March 10 (Tues)Last night I slept reasonably well. I was hungry when I woke up so I quickly got dressed and had breakfast where I’m staying. The restaurant here consists of about a dozen tables in the courtyard of the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 12, 2015
- March 9 (Mon)
In the morning I felt better in spite of not sleeping very well. I quickly washed up and packed up and was out the door by a little after 5am. Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 8 (Sun)
It was noisy in the morning as usual which got me up. The day was overcast and with rain in the forecast I put a trash bag liner inside the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 7 (Sat)The noise in the morning again woke me earlier than I liked and prevented me from going back to sleep.
I had a few chores to do so I decided to get started on them right away. At the top Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 6 (Fri)In the morning there was a lot of noise beginning at about 7am. I wanted to get some more sleep but it was too noisy so I finally gave up and got out of bed.
My first task was to Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 5 (Thurs)
When I purchased the bus ticket I had been told that it would take 10 hours to get to Dehra Dun; this was a very optimistic estimate because it ended up Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- March 4 (Wed)This morning I woke up to clear skies and sunshine. This was a very nice change after a few days of gloomy, wet weather.
My main task today for the day was to catch the 9pm bus for Dehra Dun Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015