- Re-discovering Goa: Beyond the Usual Booze & Babes... Platform no 5 of the station was fully crowded as we slowly elbowed our way forward pulling along our suitcase. The time was 8.30 pm. It was humid and hoards of people were scampering across the platform, anxiously waiting for Posted by sabyasachi in Exploring India - Travels & Tales | Dec 5, 2013
- The Mortal CoilUnlike many young visitors to India, I never had any intention to ‘find myself’ here or to waft about in a kaftan smoking dubious organic material. You are highly unlikely to find me cleansing my chakras or whatever in an Posted by PhilippaW in Cultural Exchange Programme, India | Nov 28, 2013
- Unexpected farewells Everyone reacts differently: the same moment may be experienced on a completely different way by two people standing side by side. And while I thrive in chaos, some don't... Ali and Majed are gone now, gone their own way. Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 5, 2013
- Liberty's looking east.For some days here, morale wasn't too high. Motivation was difficult to find, and the heat didn't help. We started to slack, but then, the engine started. With it's deep roar it gave us a much needed energy boost. Then Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Nov 30, 2013
- And we've come to the end of the road......So here we are back in Delhi which almost feels familiar now. There have been highs and lows on our journey, but an adventure it most certainly has been. Many laughs and the odd tear, and many intakes of breath Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 30, 2013
- Rishikesh chaper 2....So we took the long and winding road up to the top of a rather large hill nearby and went Himalaya spotting. No they aren't clouds people...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/617856/IMG_36 Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 30, 2013
I will be travelling to bangkok single,i am from bangalore,since i hv been las time i hv seen ocean of thing for enjoying last time i went for 2 days , now i hv booked for 5 days,looking Posted by dev bangalore in bangkok | Nov 29, 2013
- RishikeshGreetings. We arrived in the holy northern land of Rishikesh on Saturday. It's quite beautiful countryside, very close to the Himalayas and stuck on the side of the hills with the river Ganga running through it. Those of you young Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 25, 2013
- Jaipur and the Taj Mahal
Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 25, 2013
- Jaisalmer and JodhpurWe were, in some ways, quite pleased to leave Mumbai: it's not a pretty city and, apart from the oases provided by hotels and expensive restaurants, one is surrounded by noise, people and, to put it bluntly, filth! After Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 25, 2013
- My Indian takeaway Since the last time I wrote we have wrapped up our tour through India. I’ve had word from my editor (Brayden), that my last few posts haven’t included enough of the ‘grit’ India is so infamous for. So this time Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 24, 2013
- Changing winds, changing plansThe lines we drew on the map were based on the October and November winds. But those are almost gone now, and we are still in harbor. From the first day we got here, we had to think of an Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Nov 24, 2013
- Magical Kumaon: Serene Ranikhet & Scenic MukteshwarSimilar to our travel plans as always, destined to happen at the very last moment, this time too was no exception to this golden unwritten rule. Winter was gradually setting in. However, Mumbai and Winters are perhaps not synonymous.
The Posted by sabyasachi in A Walk in the High Himalayas | Nov 23, 2013
- Agra and the Taj MahalWe arrived in Agra at just a little after 8am local time and we were very swiftly met by Aslam in a motorised rickshaw. In a scene reminiscent from Australia in 1987 when my Grandad was asked to sit at Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 22, 2013
- Dehli (again)...Sorry for the lack of comms there folks, had a wee blip around Jaipur where mum picked up a bug too. All sorter now but we think we've travelled ourselves out over the last 3 weeks and are ready for Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 21, 2013
- From South Africa - New DelhiWe have arrived in Delhi!
After a leaving breakfast with Claire, Richard, Rosemary and Chris at Kirstenbosch we were at Cape Town International Airport exactly 7 days after we arrived!
All checked in and luggage on its journey to Delhi Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 21, 2013
- Nov 20th and 21st; last day in MumbaiDaddy was collected in the morning for a half-day meeting with another supplier, about 1 hour\s drive from the city. I dealt with some emails,read the Bombay press (I am now more familiarised with Indian politics and Bollywood gossip), Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 20, 2013
- November 17th - November 20th: IndiaWe had a good flight from HCM to Bangkok, just over an hour; although we had to spend about 3-4 hours in Bangkok airport we were quite happy as it has a huge number of shops, cafes etc to while Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 19, 2013
- RanthamboreRather chilly forests at that!
We arrived a little later than planned on Friday due to a 24hr bug I managed to pick up the day before. Spent the late afternoon on sleeping and avoiding crocodiles which attempted to sneak Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 17, 2013
- UdaipurSooo lovely. City of twinkly lights at night and big white palaces overlooking lake Pichola. It's calmer here and there seem to be less cows (I am developing a cow obsession). We had a little boat ride and I managed Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 13, 2013
- JojawarJojawar is the stop along the way between Jodhpur and Udaipur for us. We got a bit lost trying to find this place. The dirt road didn't look too sensible and there were lots of rasied eyebrows. However, we hit Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 13, 2013
- Work, play & sailThere is a general idea that yachts and sailing are a life of luxury and spending, a world reserved for the rich and/or retired. The thing is, the sea is big. Bigger than any human is, and it cares not Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Nov 13, 2013
- Taj Mahal – A love story It’s funny visiting a place you have seen so many times in pictures. On my first glimpse of the Taj Mahal I had to keep reminding myself I wasn’t looking at a giant painted backdrop. It truly is one of Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 13, 2013
- Coca Cola CampaignI don’t like Coke. First of all, it doesn’t actually taste like anything else on this planet, which makes me just a little suspicious. Plus it makes your more thirsty than you were before, which to me is exactly the Posted by PhilippaW in Cultural Exchange Programme, India | Nov 12, 2013
- Feeeeeeeeed me!You might be wondering why I, amateur gourmande that I am, haven’t said anything yet about food. Well believe you me, it’s not for lack of trying, but every time I attempt to, words literally fail me. How can you, Posted by PhilippaW in Cultural Exchange Programme, India | Nov 6, 2013