- March 10 (Tues)Last night I slept reasonably well. I was hungry when I woke up so I quickly got dressed and had breakfast where I’m staying. The restaurant here consists of about a dozen tables in the courtyard of the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 12, 2015
- March 9 (Mon)
In the morning I felt better in spite of not sleeping very well. I quickly washed up and packed up and was out the door by a little after 5am. Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 8 (Sun)
It was noisy in the morning as usual which got me up. The day was overcast and with rain in the forecast I put a trash bag liner inside the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 7 (Sat)The noise in the morning again woke me earlier than I liked and prevented me from going back to sleep.
I had a few chores to do so I decided to get started on them right away. At the top Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 6 (Fri)In the morning there was a lot of noise beginning at about 7am. I wanted to get some more sleep but it was too noisy so I finally gave up and got out of bed.
My first task was to Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 5 (Thurs)
When I purchased the bus ticket I had been told that it would take 10 hours to get to Dehra Dun; this was a very optimistic estimate because it ended up Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- March 4 (Wed)This morning I woke up to clear skies and sunshine. This was a very nice change after a few days of gloomy, wet weather.
My main task today for the day was to catch the 9pm bus for Dehra Dun Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- Varanasi and the HoliBeing prepared for probably THE most important Hindi town we arrived in Varanasi about 4 hours late but after a funny afternoon with an Indian family with a happy little 3 year old in our cabin. Expected by the Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- the deserts, fancy castles and bright colours of RhajasthanSo after the first few days in India we slightly got used to the constant input, staring, intermediate grabbings and screaming kids and we …especially I started to like it. It has some good and some bad sites and if Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- Pushkar...the holy townAfter the longest wait for breakfast (the typically Indian 5 minutes that are even double of the south American 5 minutes) took about an hour to get poached eggs on toast served…but at least the taste was worth the wait. Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- Salvation in the South - GoaSouth Goa
One of the universal truths in life is to be confident in knowing what you like, what you don’t like and acting immediately to alleviate whatever it is that is beyond irritating. Initially, we were as keen as mustard Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Mar 9, 2015
- Rules and GuidlinesIn Canada, rules are pretty clear; either something is a rule that most people follow or it isn't and you are fine. We all break rules now and then (unless you're my aunt Donna) but we know we are stepping Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 9, 2015
At first site it’s a pretty hectic and claustrophonic place. Away from the bus station Mysore reveals its charms and as the home of Ashatanga Yoga, it is a relaxed place to spend a few days Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- Jaipur and PushkarWe have traveled on from Agra into Rajasthan state, home to our next three stops; Jaipur, Pushkar and Udaipur. Rajasthan is said to be the richest state for magnificent palaces, forts, bazaars and colourful festivals. We arrived in Jaipur on Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- Soochippara Waterfall
Wayanad yielded a trip to the beautiful Soochippara Waterfall on a school bus where the rambunctious gaggle of urchins we shared the journey with couldn’t believe their luck. We were travellin Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- India take 2Its day 2. I’ve adjusted already to the sights, sounds (noise. Vehicle horns and men spitting in the steet) and smells (UN mentionable !). Being a big city, it doesn’t really get more extreme than this. In the mornings my Posted by Amyexploring in Return to Adventures... 2015 | Mar 8, 2015
- Abandoned in Kerala so we just arrived in Kerala (Cochin)...Yvette got out at her hotel, and not knowing where the hell I was going to stay, I jumped out too and said goodbye for 4 Posted by Lady-K in Incredulous Tales from a Naïve Traveller | Mar 7, 2015
- Wonderla- An Indian Water ParkWhat do you get when you cross a water park with India? I have to say, it is an interesting combination.
There are all the first world things you would expect from a well advertised attraction in a big city: water Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 6, 2015
- Agra and the Heart of the Mughal DynastyAgra and the surrounding area was the heart of the Mughal Dynasty between the early to mid 1500s and ended in the late 1600s, early 1700s. The architecture for a majority of the buldings built during the Mughal reign is Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 6, 2015
- The Kerala BackwatersThe southern Indian state of Kerala is well known for its maze of canals through rice fields along the coast. The waterways are hundreds of kilometers long through the fertile soil and make a scenic backdrop for tourists to Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 5, 2015
- Perfect Weekend destinationPondicherry a perfect destination for weekend holiday. An old, calm and charming little town which is located down south of Chennai.
This town is 293 sq.km which is filled with history, spirituality, french heritage, beautiful beaches, calm & well Posted by travelmateindia in My travel | Mar 5, 2015
- March 3 (Tues)When I awoke this morning I realized that the rain had stopped. It was overcast and cool but the lack of rain made me feel better.
I went through my usual morning routine of picking up the newspaper from the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 3, 2015
- March 2 (Mon)When I awoke in the morning I could hear the rain coming down outside my window. It was nice and warm under the covers and I really didn’t need to go anywhere today so I dozed in bed for Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 3, 2015
- March 1 (Sun)Last night I again got a good night’s sleep.
The Hotel Tibet subscribes to 3 English-language newspapers; these are in the lobby and this morning I borrowed the India Times to read while I had my morning coffee in the Cafe Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 2, 2015
- February 28 (Sat)I slept well; this was probably because I was very tired when I went to bed plus the room was cool. There were a bunch of blankets in one of the room’s closets; adding one to the bed got Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 2, 2015