- Cochin, IndiaWe arrived in Cochin (Kochi) on Saturday. Cochin is described as "India Lite" as it is not as crowded, chaotic, or poor as the rest of India. Even so, it was crowded, chaotic, and poor with children Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Dagri - the Wedding ReceptionI slept last night, although I would not describe it as a good sleep. I thought I'd try out the new shower this morning and although there was no hot water, the cold liquid was very refreshing and it felt Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 30, 2014
- Morning RagasOur plans after leaving Kerala, were to catch an over night train to Mumbai. When the ticket was originally booked we were on stand by and yesterday lunch time only one of us had a seat (for the train the Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 8, 2014
- Jaipur - DagriSo, I wake up this morning to find my cold sore has really taken hold – David did ask if it had declared independence yet! Just what I want for a wedding! Not.
Breakfast at the hote Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 29, 2014
- Walking the Streets of India
In India the word “bad” doesn’t hold much meaning. For a country of 1.2 billion there’s not much room to move, which means a lot of traffic and a lot of faith. A spec Posted by bigvibes in Aimless Adventures | Jul 7, 2014
- Red Tape? Red Mist!On Friday we had arranged with a tuktuk driver to pick us up in the morning, to take us out and about, and as we left the hotel he was outside waving at us. He first took us to a Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 6, 2014
- Cochi, Cochin, Kochi or Kochin Kochi (and it's many different spellings) is in Kerala, in the south of India. It was an important shipping and spice trade centre for centuries, and as a result it has been ruled by different countries over the last few Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 3, 2014
- Planes, trains and automobilesYesterday we left for the airport at four thirty am; the hotel driver took my "please drive slowly" so seriously, that I felt I had to ask him to drive a bit faster, but as Bill said, it just isn't Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 1, 2014
- Bristol - London - Delhi - JaipurAfter a pretty good Italian meal at Heathrow, we were ready to settle down to sleep our way through the eight hour flight to Delhi, which we did, We then had another eight hour wait in Delhi airport – thank Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 27, 2014
- Delhi, Leh, Srinagar and Manali, IndiaThe train ride from Agra to Delhi is an easy 3 hours but finding a seat proved to be more difficult than expected. We had unreserved tickets again and walked through 8-10 train cars to finally find a spot on Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jun 26, 2014
- DharamsalaDharamshala or more accurately Mcleod Gang settlement is a small hill station at the Himalayas. Although the main reason that people go there is because it is Dhalai Lama's residence in exile. Our reason to go there was to escape Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jun 25, 2014
- RishikeshRishikesh is the place which we keep returning to. First we went there to organize ourself before going to Himalaya. We also booked a place in one of the hindu ashrams with the hope to do the 2 week spiritual Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jun 24, 2014
¿A dónde viaja el mundo entero?
¿En dónde se cumplen los sueños?
Algunos sueños surgen y desaparecen, otros surgen y se desplazan en el tiempo, otros surgen hasta que logran manifestarse en esta vida.
Mi sueño desde hace 10 años era Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 12, 2014
- Rajasthan and Agra, IndiaBefore we left Cayman, we sat down with our friend Angel, who had been to India many times for extended periods, to piece together a possible itinerary for the 3 weeks we planned to spend in India. We established that Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jun 20, 2014
- Making it to the Incredible HimalayaHere I am sitting so comfortably at home in Waterloo, ON finally bringing myself to articulate in text the experience I gained from April 15 - May 5, 2013. Suiting after I've return from an impeccable evening in Guelph at Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Jun 19, 2014
¿cuánto dura el viaje?
- toda la noche
Mejor cierra los ojos,
es mejor no ver cómo maneja el conductor.
Llegamos porque amaneció,
la luz azul entró por las ventanas del autobus.
Eran montañas, casitas humildes, pueblitos humildes, Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 19, 2014
- New Tibetan Colony
Llegamos en taxi a Majnu Ka-Tilla alrededor de las 8am.
Un puente peatonal tejido con banderitas tibetanas nos avisó que habíamos llegado.
Un arco en la entrada, " The New Tibetan Colony" nos dio la bienvenida.
Se sentía ya la pres Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 19, 2014
- El calor de Delhi
Salir a Delhi en Junio, es algo que hay que considerar dos veces.
El calor es exhaustivo, nosotros los extranjeros sudamos, chorreamos, y la brisa de un repentino aire nos cura del fuego.
Los rickshwas son el transporte que llenan los es Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 14, 2014
- Mumbai, IndiaMumbai (also known as Bombay) is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra and it is the financial, commercial and entertainment capital of India. It is also the most populous city in India with just over 20 million Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jun 13, 2014
- Himalaya!!!!Our trekking expedition to Himalayas was truly amazing and fulfilling. It took us a few days to plan and prepare it, we spent a few days in Rishikesh and additional time in Dehradun where we made some necessary shopping. We Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jun 11, 2014
- Sikkim MMXIII, IndiaWe started our journey from New Delhi Railway Station on 10th May, 2013. All bagged and set up to travel Sikkim, a north eastern state of India nestling in the eastern Himalayas. We boarded North East Express (0650 hrs) and Posted by Anirban in Sikkim Traveled | Jun 10, 2014
- Shhhhhhhh! I'M TRYING TO MEDITATE![center]Apologies for the delay and apologies for the extreme length...10 days no talking so now I have a lot to say![/center]
Well folks, I did it and it is done! And with full ego I am patting myself on the Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jun 2, 2014
- I was the Walrus but now I am JohnThe Magical Mystery Tour is complete after 15 weeks (105 days) of traveling. I trekked through Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Nepal, India, and then some decompression time in Texas with friends and family. I’ve just arrived in California Posted by TonyCalifornia in Tony Travels | Jun 1, 2014
- safely to Bombay...Pretty shattered, but so far so good. Sophie assures me the food was good, even finished with a choc ice. Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 29, 2014
- Little Acts of Love - An Ode to my Friends and Other Devils!A stay-at-homebody that I am now, all my days are same. Be it a Monday or a Saturday or a Thursday. It however does not mean that I have stopped looking forward to the weekends. My weekends are also are Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | May 25, 2014