- The Pink City and a road trip Next stop Jaipur, home of textiles...a shoppers delight!
We woke up early Monday morning in order to catch our Indian Air flight nonstop to Jaipur. Now being immersed in Indian culture for a few days (Sagey obviously much longer), we Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 5, 2014
- Chennai to Mamallapuram - Sunday, 2 February 2014Late start today, 9.30 am on the bus. First we visited the Fort St George. No cameras allowed inside. We saw a statue of some British person, and wandered around the museum, looking at paintings, coins and medals and uniforms. Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 5, 2014
- Chennai - Saturday, 1 February 2014Had a great sleep and leisurely made our way down to breakfast.
Had fruit and an omelette and a drink of lassi and some Marsala tea. Chatted to a couple of guys at b Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 5, 2014
- Rajasthan #2Rajasthan 2
I'm just going to continue on where I left off with the last post on Rajasthan... From Udaipur we continued on to Jodhpur which is know as the blue city as many of the buildings especially in the Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Feb 5, 2014
- Indian time So today was the much anticipated day of once again being reunited with my very good friend Sagey. For those of you who don't know Sagey, we are longtime mates from swimming days and have spent countless hours together slogging Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 5, 2014
- Greetings from IndiaWell.. We are not quite sure just how to describe the journey and our arrival into India. It's as if we fell into a deep deep sleep on the plane (which I can assure you we did NOT) and are Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 5, 2014
- VaranasiThe Air India flight from Delhi was quick and painless and meant that we arrived in Varanasi feeling like we wanted to explore! The hotel was located beside Assi Ghat one of the most recently built. We had 45 minutes Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Feb 4, 2014
- Yogi - central Mysore, KarnatakaBy the time we arrived in Mysore I worried I'd been pressured by my peers to crave pizza, McDonald's and peppercorn bacon - N. American life, oh no! On top of some added anxiety about beginning school the next day, Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 3, 2014
- Rainforest RetreatSix hour bus from the west coast (our last time near the oceans!) inland towards mountainous Madikeri, Karnataka. I can't describe the scenery well enough on here ! Climbed 1100m in a rickety bus - I'll never forget the view Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 3, 2014
- Catching up - Turtle Bay ResortAh ! I'm back in touch. Took over two weeks to get the web going again, but I'll happily report back here on the crazy misadventures of me abroad.
From Fort Cochin we boarded a bus to the west coast of Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 3, 2014
- Delhi (jour 2) et arrivee a Varanasi29/01
La nuit dernière, je ne sais pas si ça vient des odeurs ou des gens, mais j'ai eu un rêve vraiment étrange mais en même temps, fantastique. Je volais au dessus de l'Inde, découvrant de nouveaux paysages, observant des gens Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 2, 2014
- Palatial living I'd like to preface this posting by mentioning that the the standard of living that I am currently ahereing to has a very certain expiration date (around two weeks - when my friends leave me!!!). As much as I would Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 1, 2014
- Mumabi (Bombay)We arrived in Mumbai at 10. I felt quite refreshed after getting about 8 hours broken sleep, the girls however have silk sleeping bag liners so found themselves rolling all over the place. We were dropped off about 40 minutes Posted by TashAdams89 in Part 1 - Asia | Feb 1, 2014
- All aboard the Curry Muncher ExpressAbout a year ago, if anyone was to ever ask me the likelihood of me ever writing a blog, I probably would have laughed in your face. I certainly do not consider myself to be much of a writer but Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 1, 2014
- Singapore to Chennai - Friday, 31 January 2014[center]Kun Xi Fat Choi - Happy New Year!![/center]
We were woken at midnight last night with loud banging - duh! Fireworks to welcome the New Year. They were rigbt in front of our window so we had a spectacular view. Of Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Jan 31, 2014
- 2011 B8 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XVII - KOCHISingapore is a great place to visit but it is not all that exotic.
I hope Kochi will be.
The ship’s staff do a good job of changing the indoor appearance & here’s a look at some of their bits on board.
I Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- DelhiSo far so good! On our connecting flight to India we were offered an upgrade to business class seats and I don't think we stopped smiling the entire flight! Champagne, a 3-course meal, leg room and unlimited gadgets (I lost Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Jan 30, 2014
- Varanasi: City of FilthSo... India. And Varanasi, of all places. How do I capture a week there? I intended to call this entry 'City of Filth, City of Light', before realising that there's too much for one post. I'm therefore attempting a two-part Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 12, 2013
- Premiers jours en Inde27/01
Et voilà, le grand jour est arrivé, nous prenons l'avion pour New Delhi aujourd'hui :) Apres quelques frayeurs, nous avions cru avoir perdu le lecteur MP3, nous avons pu souffler une fois installés dans nos sièges et l'avion dans les Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 29, 2014
- Rajasthan #1
Hello from Rajasthan!
So to continue where we left off with our blog ... We left our tour group in New Delhi with our sights on touring the state of Rajasthan. We ended up hiring a car & driver to Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jan 28, 2014
- Indien, weiter Richtung Nepal
Nach einer erstaunlich komfortablen Fahrt mit dem Nachtzug erreichten wir Varanasi, die heilige Stadt am Ganges, die eigentlich den Hauptgrund für meine Indienreise darstellte. Mark Twai Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Jan 27, 2014
- Indien, Delhi bis Orchha
Nach einem langen Zwischenstopp in Dubai bin ich gut in die Delhi angekommen! Eine dicke, fette Smogdecke lag über der Stadt und die Luft schmeckte im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes verbrannt. Im Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Jan 27, 2014
- The end of India - Hampi to Tamil NaduWe were sad to leave Goa, even though it’s not like we’re going home and back to work or anything, but onwards to more adventures, yet sad we were, we *really* like Agonda and had had such a lovely relaxing, Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Jan 25, 2014
- www .... when world wide web becomes what went wrong!The internet is like a pandora's box.... I have been hooked to the www for such a long time now. I think it was during my Post Graduation days about fifteen years ago when I stumbled upon this amazing medium. Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Jan 21, 2014
- www .... when world wide web becomes what went wrong!The internet is like a pandora's box.... I have been hooked to the www for such a long time now. I think it was during my Post Graduation days about fifteen years ago when I stumbled upon this amazing medium. Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Jan 21, 2014