- Hampi, Holi & Hollie's Bday
[img=http://ph Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 15, 2015
- March 15 (Sun)It was noisy in the morning so I got up shortly after awaking. I was hungry and consulted my guidebook to see if there were any good restaurants in the area. It recommended a place called the Brown Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- March 14 (Sat)
All train schedules are online and there were a couple of stops of significance that my train made on its way to Varanasi. I jotted down the departure times for them Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- March 13 (Fri)It was raining when I woke this morning. This was a bit of a surprise because I’ve been keeping tabs on the weather and rain wasn’t forecast to start until late in the afternoon. But the rain didn’t Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- BadamiHow the sculptors could manage these always remains a mystery? The level of detailing in each of the sculpture is too good. Jain temple along with the Hindu temples is an example of religious tolerance of that period.
Badami cave consists Posted by computingsachin in Rameshavaram | Mar 14, 2015
- March 12 (Thurs)Today I decided to get up early and go to the Taj Mahal. To be honest I had been dreading doing this. As India’s most popular tourist destination (attracting roughly 3 million people annually) I knew it would Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 14, 2015
- IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG MAN
After making love very overpoweringly, we were both gasping for a breather.
I lit a cigarette and kept the ashtray on my belly balancing it in such a way that it did not trip over and spoil the crisp cotton Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Mar 13, 2015
- IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG MANAfter making love very overpoweringly, we were both gasping for a breather.
I lit a cigarette and kept the ashtray on my belly balancing it in such a way that it did not trip over and spoil the crisp cotton Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 13, 2015
- UdaipurFran and i have just spent four and a half great days in Udaipur. It was warm, not too crowded and all of the locals were very friendly and helpful. Even the store owners were not overly pushy, they would Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 13, 2015
- March 11 (Wed)After a decent night’s sleep I was feeling a bit better today.
I was craving a cup of good coffee -- something I haven’t had for a few days. My guidebook said that there was a Cafe Coffee Day Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 12, 2015
- March 10 (Tues)Last night I slept reasonably well. I was hungry when I woke up so I quickly got dressed and had breakfast where I’m staying. The restaurant here consists of about a dozen tables in the courtyard of the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 12, 2015
- March 9 (Mon)
In the morning I felt better in spite of not sleeping very well. I quickly washed up and packed up and was out the door by a little after 5am. Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 8 (Sun)
It was noisy in the morning as usual which got me up. The day was overcast and with rain in the forecast I put a trash bag liner inside the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 7 (Sat)The noise in the morning again woke me earlier than I liked and prevented me from going back to sleep.
I had a few chores to do so I decided to get started on them right away. At the top Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 6 (Fri)In the morning there was a lot of noise beginning at about 7am. I wanted to get some more sleep but it was too noisy so I finally gave up and got out of bed.
My first task was to Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 11, 2015
- March 5 (Thurs)
When I purchased the bus ticket I had been told that it would take 10 hours to get to Dehra Dun; this was a very optimistic estimate because it ended up Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- March 4 (Wed)This morning I woke up to clear skies and sunshine. This was a very nice change after a few days of gloomy, wet weather.
My main task today for the day was to catch the 9pm bus for Dehra Dun Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- Varanasi and the HoliBeing prepared for probably THE most important Hindi town we arrived in Varanasi about 4 hours late but after a funny afternoon with an Indian family with a happy little 3 year old in our cabin. Expected by the Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- the deserts, fancy castles and bright colours of RhajasthanSo after the first few days in India we slightly got used to the constant input, staring, intermediate grabbings and screaming kids and we …especially I started to like it. It has some good and some bad sites and if Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- Pushkar...the holy townAfter the longest wait for breakfast (the typically Indian 5 minutes that are even double of the south American 5 minutes) took about an hour to get poached eggs on toast served…but at least the taste was worth the wait. Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Mar 10, 2015
- Salvation in the South - GoaSouth Goa
One of the universal truths in life is to be confident in knowing what you like, what you don’t like and acting immediately to alleviate whatever it is that is beyond irritating. Initially, we were as keen as mustard Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Mar 9, 2015
- Rules and GuidlinesIn Canada, rules are pretty clear; either something is a rule that most people follow or it isn't and you are fine. We all break rules now and then (unless you're my aunt Donna) but we know we are stepping Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 9, 2015
At first site it’s a pretty hectic and claustrophonic place. Away from the bus station Mysore reveals its charms and as the home of Ashatanga Yoga, it is a relaxed place to spend a few days Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- Jaipur and PushkarWe have traveled on from Agra into Rajasthan state, home to our next three stops; Jaipur, Pushkar and Udaipur. Rajasthan is said to be the richest state for magnificent palaces, forts, bazaars and colourful festivals. We arrived in Jaipur on Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- Soochippara Waterfall
Wayanad yielded a trip to the beautiful Soochippara Waterfall on a school bus where the rambunctious gaggle of urchins we shared the journey with couldn’t believe their luck. We were travellin Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 8, 2015