- January 19 (Mon)I woke up a little earlier than I would have liked because of the loud street noise. Diu actually has significantly less traffic than most of the places I’ve been but the hotel I’m staying at is right next Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- January 18 (Sun)
In the morning my watch alarm got me out of bed and shortly afterwards I got my wake-up call from the Hotel. It didn’t take long to wash Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- January 17 (Sat)I’m planning to take it easy again today. I am seeing significant improvement in getting over my cold and am hopeful that I can be back to normal very soon.
In mid-morning I called room service to order my complimentary Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- Day NineDay 2 in Jaipur.
The day started with a cooking lesion on how to make Aloo Paratha. It's so simple. chapati dough rolled into a flat - Then add the Aloo mix (potatoes and secret recipe - cant Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 20, 2015
- Day Eight An early start for our long drive from Udaipur to Jaipur. I looked out of the window to this view:
They say "red sky in the morning shepherds warning." That because his house is on fire!! If th Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 19, 2015
- New Deli transit nonsenseBefore we start talking about Rome, it seems fair to ruminate on the issues created by transit stops, only as the New Deli one yesterday brought it home that they are hopelessly inefficient.
We have so far in our travels stopped Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Jan 19, 2015
- Day SevenSecond day in Udaipur -
The day started with a visit to the fort, the architecture was stunning:
There were many tribes in the area each with their own crest. Bottom row, 2nd from the right Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 18, 2015
- Day Six An early start for our trip through the mountains to Udaipur.
I got back to my hotel late last night so did not see how lovely it was. On my way to breakfast this morning I walked through the Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 17, 2015
- January 16 (Fri)I’ve been slowly feeling better each day. I’m still coughing and blowing my nose but not nearly as often as I was just a couple of days ago. With some luck I hope to be over this cold Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 17, 2015
- Un voyage dans le temps ===Entre la fin de mes cours et un dernier séminaire en passant, me voilà partie une semaine au Rajhastan avec Pam - ma coloque de Nouvelle Zeelande - et sa soeur Jeannine.===
===Le Rajhastan est une région désertique dans le Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Jan 16, 2015
- Day Five10:00 departure this morning - A very gentlemanly start.
Unfortunately, with all the bread, rice, potatoes and beer my weight is piling on. This is everything I gave up to lose weight in the first place.
I am not going to Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 16, 2015
- January 15 (Thurs)After a good night’s sleep I got up at 7am. I ordered the complimentary breakfast from room service first thing. They didn’t seem to have the items that I wanted so I asked them what was available; they Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 16, 2015
- January 14 (Wed)I got a pretty good night’s sleep and woke up slightly less congested than I’ve been for the last couple of weeks. Although I am doing better I still am coughing and blowing my nose frequently. I’m going Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 16, 2015
- Day 1Getting the plane to New Delhi
Going to La Lit Posted by Mcleish in Honeymoon | Jan 16, 2015
- Day Four A gentle start with an Indian breakfast - Not private dining this morning.
On the way to the Golden palace we stopped for Indian some sweets - I had to get the guy to show me how they were Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 15, 2015
- Delhi & JaipurAnd so our travels begin. To get to India our route would take us from Dublin to London, after a short stopover we would then continue on to Delhi. Unfortunately things didn't work out as smoothly as planned, from the Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in India & Nepal | Jan 15, 2015
- Day ThreeA lovely Indian breakfast in the private dining room, which was just off the sitting room, this was like stepping back to the days of the Raj.
The mornings tour was the Red Palace it was very Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 14, 2015
- January 13 (Tues)
Early in the morning we stopped briefly which woke me up. I half-dozed after we got going again. Then suddenly I realized that we had been involved in an Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 13, 2015
- Day Two60% of the town are Hindu and 40% Muslim so there is a number of Mosques. Which have a call to prayer 5 times a day.
6:06 this morning I was awaken with the call Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 13, 2015
- January 12 (Mon)Last night I slept well. I did some work on my computer and then ordered breakfast from room service. I ordered the same thing that I’ve had the previous two mornings: alu paratha with a big cup Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 13, 2015
- January 11 (Sun)Today was another day that I took it easy, hoping to get over my cold. I don’t seem to be making any progress, which baffles me. I don’t really feel bad but I have a hacking cough and Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 12, 2015
- January 10 (Sat)I decided to take it easy today. I am still congested and coughing a lot and it seems as though I have been this way for the last two weeks. So I plan to not do much the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 12, 2015
- Day One Early start 08:00 L -
For those of you who know me know that good food, and especially curry, forms a very big part of my day. The plan is to eat curry for breakfast, lunch and supper.
It started Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 11, 2015
- January 9 (Fri)I woke up at 7am after getting a good night’s sleep. I ordered alu paratha (thin triangular-shaped pancakes stuffed with potatoes and diced vegetables) and a big cup of black coffee. It was a good way to start Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 11, 2015
- The flight and arrival If you leave plenty of time the roads are always clear and there are never any queues at security.
Security was as smooth - Although I had to remove the content of my bag, laptop and ipad, (yes I am taking Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 11, 2015