- Varanassi Day 4Wore my new local punjabi suit today, I quite like it and it feel quite comfortable. I feel very colourful.
I checked out and left my bag in the lobby and headed to the main i Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 31, 2013
- Varanassi Day 2My alarm went off at 4:20 as I was going to have a shower... Couldn't do it and so went back to sleep for 20mins. Got up, brushed my teeth and got dressed and went to leave but the front Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 31, 2013
- Agra to VaranasiSlept okay on the train but not fantastic. The Armanian ladies who joined my cabin late last night were being really loud. When they arrived they were complaining about the condition of the train and that it was unacceptable... Have Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- AgraSlept badly, kept waking up. Had a cold shower... But at least it had water pressure, packed my bag and headed down stairs to check out and meet my driver. Her was really nice and so we set off for Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- DehliGot up and had an included breaky, just a simple omelette and toast but better then nothing. Used the net and tried to organise Agra. As I was worried because it was festival I wouldn't be able to get a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Kathmandu to DehliI must have eaten something that didn't agree with me cause I kept waking up I the night and didn't feel great I got up thinking I just needed the toilet and thought I'd be ok. About 20mins later at Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Snapshot of the Week: The Taj Mahal===It was such a memorable experience for seeing one of the world's ancient wonders. This 'monument of love' is the most amazing structure I have ever seen than any tallest building in the world. Taj Mahal, meaning 'Crown Palace' Posted by worldmeetsearl in WORLD MEETS EARL | Dec 27, 2013
- The Taj> If you ever get the chance, see the Taj Mahal. If you've already been lucky enough to see it, I bet that you understand that I already (!) want to see it again. So far this has been the Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Dec 23, 2013
- Sailin' fine!Sailing is like a game of cards, or a tabletop game. They explain it to you in great detail, you think you understand, and then on the first round you realize you have no idea what you’re doing. By the Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 21, 2013
- Octopussy and Pussy PooWe were planning to write up Rajasthan in a single blog entry but, now it comes to it there is quite a lot to say, so we will make it a Christmas Special two part-er! So, first impressions of Rajasthan Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Dec 20, 2013
- Slowly but surelyIt seemed like it would never happen, yet now we are gone. The pier was clutter-free, things got stowed. Tanks are full of water, engine running smoothly. We just need to get our papers back, adjust this and that, clear Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 15, 2013
- Arabian NightsSo I'm sitting here in this little city made of sandstone referred to as Jaisalmer in the beautiful country of India.
What a surreal place this is... I mean you can't quite figure out where you are. It's so close Posted by Jonny Jenkins in Step Up... Dive In | Dec 11, 2013
- Some thoughts from the pierThe world of sailing is one of wind and water, wood and metal. The forces of movement and stillness are ever present. It is a world of danger and adventure. Above all, it is real, and it is human.
Sailboats are Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 9, 2013
- A note from the present: I'm doing WHAT in India?Of course, most people who know me are aware that I'm not currently slogging up mountains in Nepal. They may or may not know that I'm actually on an organic farm near Jaipur in Rajasthan, India, doing something very similar Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Dec 9, 2013
- Back to India - touts, tuk-tuks and the TajOur return to India began with yet another marathon journey, beginning with a night bus from Pokhara to the Nepal/India border at Sunauli. There are no plush tourist buses as an option on this route so local bus it was; Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Dec 7, 2013
- 26th November to 6th December: Narlai to New DelhiWe were sad to leave Jodhpur which is a great 'blue' city which, despite the usual filth on the streets, has several relatively well-kept oases of charm and interest: the Royal Crematorium, the Royal Fort and Palace to name two. Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Dec 5, 2013
- Re-discovering Goa: Beyond the Usual Booze & Babes... Platform no 5 of the station was fully crowded as we slowly elbowed our way forward pulling along our suitcase. The time was 8.30 pm. It was humid and hoards of people were scampering across the platform, anxiously waiting for Posted by sabyasachi in Exploring India - Travels & Tales | Dec 5, 2013
- The Mortal CoilUnlike many young visitors to India, I never had any intention to ‘find myself’ here or to waft about in a kaftan smoking dubious organic material. You are highly unlikely to find me cleansing my chakras or whatever in an Posted by PhilippaW in Cultural Exchange Programme, India | Nov 28, 2013
- Unexpected farewells Everyone reacts differently: the same moment may be experienced on a completely different way by two people standing side by side. And while I thrive in chaos, some don't... Ali and Majed are gone now, gone their own way. Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 5, 2013
- Liberty's looking east.For some days here, morale wasn't too high. Motivation was difficult to find, and the heat didn't help. We started to slack, but then, the engine started. With it's deep roar it gave us a much needed energy boost. Then Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Nov 30, 2013
- And we've come to the end of the road......So here we are back in Delhi which almost feels familiar now. There have been highs and lows on our journey, but an adventure it most certainly has been. Many laughs and the odd tear, and many intakes of breath Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 30, 2013
- Rishikesh chaper 2....So we took the long and winding road up to the top of a rather large hill nearby and went Himalaya spotting. No they aren't clouds people...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/617856/IMG_36 Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 30, 2013
I will be travelling to bangkok single,i am from bangalore,since i hv been las time i hv seen ocean of thing for enjoying last time i went for 2 days , now i hv booked for 5 days,looking Posted by dev bangalore in bangkok | Nov 29, 2013
- RishikeshGreetings. We arrived in the holy northern land of Rishikesh on Saturday. It's quite beautiful countryside, very close to the Himalayas and stuck on the side of the hills with the river Ganga running through it. Those of you young Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 25, 2013
- Jaipur and the Taj Mahal
Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Nov 25, 2013