- WHY THE HELL IS SHE GOING TO INDIA???If you have not already heard I am going to India! I departed from LAX on Sunday February 23rd (with a backpack and a dream! Ha! couldn't help that one) on the biggest plane I have ever flown or Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Feb 26, 2014
- Day in the life of a devoteeSurprisingly, the days absolutely fly by here in Magod. I thought I would have a great deal of time to sit and contemplate life, but no such luck! Oh well, I'm not sure I would have gotten very far anyway. Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 26, 2014
- Adzin 10: Religie en filmsterren / Kerala und Tamil Nadu
Aangekomen in Kochi in Kerala, in het zuiden van India, zagen we meteen het verschil met Rajasthan in het noorden. Hier was het tropisch warm en zonnig, en waren de winkels w Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Feb 26, 2014
- HiNDiSTAN HiNDiSTAN
Şükür allahıma! Bir rüyam daha gerçekleşti. Müziklerine, kliplerine hayran olduğum, bollywood’un, mistizmin, hinduizm’in anavatanı Hindistan’ı gördüm.
“Altın Üçgen” dedikleri Delhi, Jaipur, Agra ve Kamasutra diyarı Khajuraho ve kutsal Gan Posted by salihzeki12000 in Gezdiğimiz ve Gördüğümüz Yerler | Feb 26, 2014
- PushkarThis was suggested as a stop by the agency and felt the most touristy of the places we had seen so far. Manjeet suggested a camel ride and we signed up for 3-hours to head into the desert and watch Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Feb 25, 2014
- Rohet GarhThis entry is from Darren as Fiona has a heavy cold and really doesn’t feel like doing it.
We left Jodhpur this morning after I had a go at the zipline course which is right alongside Mehrangarh Fort. It would Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 25, 2014
- JodhpurYesterday we had a slower start setting out for Jodhpur from Khimsar Fort with our trusty driver Sandeep at 11am. The later start was as much for his benefit as for ours. It did give us some extra Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 23, 2014
- Miles of boulderous Hampi; Tourist havenNamaste !
Leaving Mysore was bittersweet as the gang all knew we'd miss our professors, our puppies, and the calmness of getting to know a city for more than a few days. A four hour bus to Bangalore train station Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 23, 2014
- KhimsarYesterday we set out from Jaisalmer at about 9.30am for our trip to Khimsar Fort Hotel. We did cover a lot of road covered when we drove from Bikaner to Jaisalmer as we had to double back. The Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 22, 2014
- JaisalmerWell this is the second time I am typing this entry on this blog. Very annoyingly I spent a half hour typing something up this morning before leaving Jaisalmer only to have loose it as I posted it this Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 22, 2014
- GokarnaFirst things first. We have to talk about our sleeper train to Gorkana.
We arrived at Ernakulam junction station after our 1 hour long crazy taxi drive at around 10pm. As you can imagine it was dark, hot with on Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 22, 2014
- Colours of South India - EpilogueI am sure I will add more to this as the days go by and I sit and day dream about our trip to southern India, but here are some thoughts so far.
South India is totally different from the north.
Not Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 21, 2014
- Bikaner - JaisalmerYesterday was another big day. 330km ride along the main highway from Bikaneer to Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer is somewhere Darren has always wanted to visit but it was just such a long way to go. We even debated Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 20, 2014
- Coorg visitHi,
This is a test blog Posted by tamalhunk in Coorg visit | Feb 20, 2014
- A couple of extra notes along the way (Darrens comments)While shopping (Fiona was) for some pashminas for the girls, the shop owner (as is usual) tends to throw loads of items down for you to consider, hoping something will catch your eye. With so many items flying around Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 19, 2014
- Mandawa - BikanerI am tired (big day) but feel we have to make use of this wifi. I am not so sure it is available at our next stop in Jaisalmer. We are having a wonderful time but I have Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 19, 2014
- Mumbai to Singapore - Wednesday, 19 February 2014Up VERY early this morning - 4.45 am, quick shower, cup of tea and breakfast box in our room, checked out and in the taxi on our way to the airport by 6.00 am.
Our taxi driver thought he was Jack Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 19, 2014
- School's out for the SouthMonday-Wednesday this week were exam time for us Guelphites in South Innnnndia. Late-night Olympic catch-up, story telling and web surfing (... or 'study sessions') kept us together, semi-focused and definitely proud of the athletes up there in Russia !!! Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 19, 2014
- Neemrana to MandawaNeemrana to Mandawa
After our fabulous night at Neemrana we both retired to bed exhausted and slept extremely well in our four poster bed. After having an attempt at showering in the bathroom at Neemrana with water going in fifty Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 19, 2014
- First impressions of an ashramWhile I feel there is still so much about myself that I am yet to learn, there is one thing I do know with certainty in my almost thirty years of existence, I jump before I think (a typical Aries Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 18, 2014
- Mumbai - Tuesday,18 February 2014Had a lovely sleep last night on our pre ordered goose down pillows! Phil snored all night as he has a bit of a cold. This place is even lovelier in the day light. Oh, the towels Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 18, 2014
- HaemochromacrisisI imagine you're wondering what the title means? Well let me explain. Two days before setting off on my 3rd trip to India, having left my job and wonderful community home in North London, I discovered that I almost certainly Posted by tcbcrews in Another Indian Adventure.... | Feb 18, 2014
- Goa to Mumbai - Monday, 17 February 2014Today we are travelling from Goa to Mumbai on the 4.35 pm flight. Had a late breakfast and then came back to the room to pack. We have been given a late checkout at 1.30pm and are being Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 17, 2014
- Goa - Sunday, 16 February 2014Slept in and woke up to the sound of whistles blowing and people yelling and clapping. There is a triathlon being conducted on the beach in front of us so the hotel had warned us yesterday that there might Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 17, 2014
- Tholpetty11/02 à 14/02
Nous avons commencé notre route avec Camilla et Marvin de Bylakuppe, qui se rendent à Kannur. A Kushalnagar, nous demandons notre route à un contrôleur qui nous dit que nous devons d'abord nous rendre à Ravijpet, où nous Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 15, 2014