- Praying your way through the StreetsI've noticed that all the drivers from the (taxi-driver to the auto-rickshaw wrangler) here have some religious trinket or other to protect them from harm.
If you're a muslim, you have green or black religious text in arabic scrawled on your Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Feb 12, 2013
- Our Host Father: Anandaram OgotiHe is know on the streets as Ananadram Ogoti, former general for the Revenue Tax Services (RTS) in Calcutta. To some he is the distinguished Rotary Int. Chair for Chennai. To others he is the old chatty neighbor who invites Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Feb 12, 2013
- Blog Posts On Their Way..."When it Rains it Pours" - I know I haven't been the best at keeping a travellersblog. Internet is pretty spotty and therefore my blog posts often come in spurts - days without any news and then a sudden onslaught Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Feb 12, 2013
- NamasteAfter 29 hours of travel, we arrived safely in Ahmedabad, India.
Our flights were very comfortable, and we were able to break up work with great reads such as US weekly, Mart Posted by respitia_wsm in WhaleSharks in India | Feb 11, 2013
- Delhi to AgraSpent last night in the Taj Mahal Hotel in Delhi watching the Delhi Glitterati gathering in the coffee shop. Young girls dressed in gorgeous silks and young men preening like peacocks. The girls teetered on stiletto heels and did Bollywood Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 11, 2013
- Panchakarma day#6i took a sivananda yoga class this morning. it was nice and relaxing, behind a maze of guesthouses and rice paddies, coconut trees, breezes, and the sea in the distance. he put us into plough pose early on and I Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 11, 2013
- Film and FaithPeople have bladders, some more slack than others. UK cinema owners simply do not recognise this. 30 + years ago you were awarded a piss break half way through the move, although not the case now, even though they Posted by gavinbose in All YOU CAN SEE ASIAN BUFFET | Feb 11, 2013
- Delhi - Old and NewNamaste,
Sightseeing in Old and New Delhi today and oh so much to see. Oh wait we are stuck in traffic and I find the best thing to do to make the traffic go quicker is honk the horn, lots.
There Posted by StaceyandKeith in The Adventures of Stacey and Keith | Feb 10, 2013
- Team Varkala and 50 Shades of Green"we pretend like we don't know each other, but the truth is that we all know each other in some way, shape or form ... because everything is a reflection of the infinite self." Sacred Geometry and Posted by kristinandcolin in The Journey | Feb 10, 2013
- Panchakarma day#4whoops forgot to post yesterday. nothing different in terms of the treatment, though I forgot to mention that they eye drops everyday now that feel like poison fir a few minutes, so painful it makes me nauseous. but after that Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 10, 2013
- Khajaraho to DelhiWe arrived in Khajaraho yesterday afternoon, had lunch at the superb LaliT Hotel, where stayed for 1 night, then left for the brief trip to the famous 900 year old Temple Complex dating back to the Chandela Dynasty of Central Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 9, 2013
- Touchdown DelhiNamaste,
Arrived in Delhi 0300 via British Airways only two hours late due to engineering issues, the wings did not fall off after all. Club class was great, the seat does fold flat (Keith took great delight in moving my chair Posted by StaceyandKeith in The Adventures of Stacey and Keith | Feb 9, 2013
Libreville is one of the good city in Africa. situated at the mid-west coast of Atlantic Ocean.
People are peaceful country is good. Libreville is a capital citi so off course its a well build & well developed city.
There is no Posted by Hakumatkumar in Libreville,Gabon | Feb 8, 2013
- Delhi to VaranasiWell first things first. We are continuing on our journey with a few modifications. We are currently in Varanasi and last night ventured through the wonderful astonishing assault on all senses that is this city of Hindu Gods, pilgrims, pyres Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 7, 2013
- Day 2 of PanchakarmaThis morning i woke up and did an hour of yoga by myself on the rooftop of the clinic. sooo great. i had three miniature bananas and some tea then started my treatment at 9am.
today involved the same Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 7, 2013
- Pachakarma Day 1i arrived around 4pm and at 5 or so had my first treatment.
completely stripped down, a female practitioner massaged my head, neck, and scalp with heated oil while i sat on a little stool. next, i lay Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 7, 2013
- Panchakarma- an Ayurvedic cleanseokay, so at the request of my friend at Yogaview, I hunted down Dr. Sambhu, an ayurvedic doctor. what is ayurvedic medicine, you say? hm. well, translated directly, it means 'the science of life'. it looks at Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 7, 2013
- First full week in India...as it goes, the only thing to write about chennai is that there's nothing write about it.
madurai was the temple.
so, the train. i took a night train from madurai to kanyakumari, the southern most tip of india, Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Feb 7, 2013
- ChennaiI left Pondicherry the morning by bus, heading toward the big Chennai. I had my last Indian adventures with local buses and the challenge of finding a cloak room. A big walk in the city and an hour of train Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Feb 6, 2013
- PondicherryWell 'Pondy' is much more Indian than French lol. But there is something different with its large straight streets. The trees everywhere. The yellow houses. The colorful cathedrals. A romantic place indeed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508629 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Feb 6, 2013
- New Delhi Day 2Met the other members of our group along with our Tour Director Claire last night. After a full briefing we enjoyed a western style meal in the 1911 Bar at our hotel - The Imperial - along with 4 others Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 5, 2013
- New DelhiOften we would be referred to as either A..J and Uni (Ooni) or just Doctor or Madam/Sir during our time at the Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre (SGACC) in New Delhi, our first and certainly an eye-opening stop on our Posted by anjela in Anjela & Euan's Odyssey | Feb 5, 2013
- New Delhi Day 1After a refreshing sleep we had breakfast in the famous 1911 Bar. We then decided to walk in the rain to Connaught Place to have an adventure. Forget the maps as they have no idea of scale. We walked in Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 4, 2013
- Good Bye To IndiaWe left India wishing we could have stayed for a few more days on the beach in Goa. We all are feeling better and we were fortunate to be under the weather on the beach rather than when travelling Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 3, 2013
- Singapore to DelhiAfter a 12 hour sleep at the Swissotel The Stamford hotel we were up and about despite the grey skies and heavy rain. We found the Funan Mall which is jam-packed with Camera and Electronic gadget stores and purchased a Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 3, 2013