- January 8 (Thurs)
I slept poorly because I was exposed to the noise of vehicle traffic in my room. This was because the room was right on a busy street and had Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 9, 2015
- January 7 (Wed)
I got up early and headed to the Udupai restaurant for one final meal. This time I ordered the coconut uttapam and coffee. The coconut made it slightly sweet Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 8, 2015
- January 6 (Tues)[center][/center]
I got up a little earlier than normal in the morning and went to the Udupai restaurant -- which is Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 8, 2015
- HIMACHAL PRADESH Himachal Pradesh is a state in Northern India. Himachal Pradesh is famous for its abundant natural beauty. Its a home to several beautiful hill stations. Manali is one of the most visited hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. Shimla in Himachal Posted by Shweta Isaac in HIMACHAL PRADESH | Jan 8, 2015
- Farewell PicnicThe school wide picnic in my honor took place as scheduled. We walked a mile or two up the road and then climbed up a bit to an open pine forest.
Groups o Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 7, 2015
- January 5 (Mon)Last night I slept pretty good. I’m still congested and constantly blowing my nose and coughing, so I thought that I would take it easy today.
I decided to go out for breakfast shortly after getting up. When I Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 6, 2015
- January 4 (Sun)
I set my watch alarm for 6am but I was awake long before that due to the noise around me. There were some French-speaking women at Vicky’s who Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 5, 2015
- January 3 (Sat)I got up earlier than normal today, probably because it is Saturday and the businesses around me also woke up early -- in anticipation of a good day of business. By a few minutes after 7am I was on Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 5, 2015
- Time to move on...It's been amazing 3 weeks in Hampi! Thanks for the relaxing vibe, beautiful nature around, great fun we had and wonderful people we met. We are ready to move on... It's time for a new adventure!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727129/large_P110 Posted by ZuzArbooza in SunLovers | Jan 4, 2015
- January 2 (Fri)I was up at 7am this morning after a good night’s rest and by 7:30am was on the road. My plan today is to head south of Hampi where there is a number of ruins in a place called Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 3, 2015
- Mumbai, Goa, Hampi... Posted by ZuzArbooza in SunLovers | Jan 2, 2015
- Shanthi ShanthiBeautiful Hampi
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by ZuzArbooza in SunLovers | Jan 2, 2015
- DecemberDreamsA long awaited and planned trip. Thanks to Madhu & Murali to help make it happen. No doubts thanks to Tejesh and Shreyas for giving full enthu during the stay and travel.
And the journey begins....[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727352/IMG_0900.jp Posted by priyatrips in TripsTogether | Jan 2, 2015
- January 1 (Thurs)Being New Year’s Eve people were up late partying in Hampi last night. The loud fireworks are the most annoying thing to me about these holidays. A few times I had almost fallen asleep but the explosion from Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 2, 2015
- December 31 (Wed) I got up somewhat early and prepared for a long morning walk; this meant bringing a bunch of stuff like a camera, my guidebook (which had the map I would use), sunglasses, a water bottle, and sunscreen. By 7:30am Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 1, 2015
- December 30 (Tues)
My hopes for a long, quiet bus ride where I could sleep did not materialize. The online list of planned stops forgot to include breaks for the driver and attendant. The bus did travel a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 31, 2014
- December 29 (Mon)I was pretty comfortable at the Akasa Manasa guest house but my room was not as quiet as I would have liked. Previously I wrote about having a bathroom window that I couldn’t close which brought in noise from Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 30, 2014
- December 28 (Sun)This morning I had an unanticipated huge breakfast. It consisted of an omelet, a large bowl of mixed fruit (banana, papaya, and apple), a bowl of seasoned rice, and yet another bowl of cous-cous (with nuts and seasoning) & Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 28, 2014
- TrekkingAs the days went on, it became obvious that we would not be able to proceed with our original trekking plans. Tashi had prepared a somewhat ambitious journey of 12 days in which we would first go to his Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2014
- varkala isn't valhallai know we said we'd write a blog.
i said it to several people. they seemed mildly interested. i said it to some more people. they nodded and smiled. i decided to do it.
it was going to be an enjoyable read. Posted by gracedarbs in The Captain Oates Adventures | Dec 28, 2014
- December 27 (Sat)[center][/center]
I woke up this morning a little earlier than I wanted to. My room has an open window in the bathroom which cannot be shut Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 27, 2014
- Mes impressions après 6 mois à bombay===On m'avait prévenu avant que j'arrive que j'allais être confrontée à la pauvreté. En vérité, ce qui m'a le plus frappé ce n'est pas la pauvreté mais plutôt la façon dont elle côtoie la richesse... Il y a quelques mois, Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Dec 27, 2014
- Le temps qui passe===d'où que souffle le vent,
identiques sont les effets du temps===
===le temps qui ride les jeunes filles
les transforment en (m)amies===
===des mamies aux cheveux d'argent
et aux yeux intelligents===
===des yeux qui scintillent de sages Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Dec 27, 2014
- December 26 (Fri)
Even though I went to bed at a reasonable time last night I was unable to sleep -- probably because I’ve slept a lot the past day and a half. When my Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 26, 2014
- December 25 (Thurs)The diarrhea continued through the night and into the morning. I eventually got out of bed at 10:30am and went to the YWCA’s restaurant, had some coffee but nothing to eat, and read the paper.
My stomach wasn’t feeling good Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Dec 26, 2014