- Persephone in Calcutta -- Episode Three
Standing on the veranda outside the dining room inspecting the mission’s daily menu plan, a gentleman in a baseball cap strode over to me and made inquiries about my origins. A former Indian resident now residing in the states, he Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | May 6, 2013
- KochiWe flew from Kolkata to Kochi via Chennai. Thankfully, a problem with our flights south was detected before our arrival in Kolkata by our hosts and the situation addressed – elsewise, we could have been stranded in Chennai.
We Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 6, 2013
- Persephone in Calcutta -- Episode Two“I used to go swimming there every day as a child. My father’s house was nearby.” Mr. C was referring to the extensive public park behind the Ramakrishna Mission.
“Is the water good?” My colleague asked enthusiastically. Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | May 5, 2013
- KolkataWe flew to Kolkata from Varanasi, one of the long overland trips avoided during the tour. On arrival we were greeted by members of the 41 Clubs of Kolkata and home hosted for the three nights were were Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 5, 2013
- Persephone in Calcutta -- Episode OneAs we walk across the well planted garden courtyard of the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture towards breakfast, I hear my colleague speak. “It’s already hot,” she remarks in the hazy morning, nearly every hazy morning is aptly named Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | May 4, 2013
- FinallyFirst blog post. Three different voices outside my head that I can't even listen to the one inside. Mumbai, finally. Internet, finally.
Be back soon with silence around and a v Posted by GargiS in Field Notes | May 4, 2013
- Agra, The Red Fort & The Taj MahalSo off we headed on the bus to Agra the next morning. We made good time on the newly repaired bus so we went to see the Red Fort on the way to our hotel. We had another Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 3, 2013
- Enter The City of Cities - Day 3It is now my last day in Delhi so I wanted it to be special. I went to Delhi's most greatest treasures.
First I will go to [[http://www.delhitourism.gov.in/delhitourism/tourist_place/purana_quila.jsp|Purana Quila]] also known as the Old Fort. It the o Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | May 2, 2013
- Enter The City of Cities - Day 1 & 2After my visit to Bangkok, I am now travelling to Delhi, India. It is the India's second-most-populous city after Mumbai, and the fourth-largest city in the world. Later, I called for a taxi so I can go to my hotel Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | May 2, 2013
- JaipurSo our trip didn't really include much of Delhi and we left first thing the next morning. I actually thought Delhi was a grand place. Very modern, big streets with actual pavements and traffic lights, and a good Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 2, 2013
- End of the roadSo to leap into the present day, here we are in our final week, washed up quite literally on a beach on the rough east coast of South India. I do not say this to elicit envy, given that said Posted by caro7 in Caroline and Lesley's big Asia trip | May 1, 2013
- Delhi part 2 Our next tour group was led by a Dushyant, a very handsome, tall young Indian male model wearing Jodhpurs!
Also on the trip were Jennifer and Steve - recently married.
Hannah Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 1, 2013
- India 3 / the endFights, bruises, being shouted at by old ladies - another bus journey across India, as we head up to the mountains of Tamil Nadu, taking hairpin bends at top speed, overtaking on blind corners and the usual array of life-threateningly Posted by mountaingoats in Caroline and Lesley's big Asia trip | Apr 30, 2013
- A Chinese girl in DelhiAfter several days on a beach in Goa with the fabulous Yann, whom I'd met in Ooty, I was ready for the final leg of my trip in India: Delhi. Given all of the media frenzy surrounding the recent Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Apr 30, 2013
- VaranasiOn arrival in Varanasi, we checked into our hotel and had a quiet afternoon before leaving for our first visit to the ghats along the Ganges River.
We travelled through Varanasi by tuk tuk for about four kilometers before walking the Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 30, 2013
- Orchha and KhujarahoAfter our train journey from Agra, we drove to Orchha for lunch and a look at the mausoleums there.
Orchha was founded in the 15th century and was the seat of power for the local king. The town also Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 29, 2013
- India 2We stay in an Indian Fawlty Towers in Thrissur, the hotel manager gangly, manic and omnipresent, hectoring the small mournful brylcreemed cook/waiter/cleaner/night watchman. Our room was about the size of a football pitch, and completely empty apart from Posted by mountaingoats in Caroline and Lesley's big Asia trip | Apr 29, 2013
- India 1India is the only country on this trip that we have been to before. We like it so much that we are back here a third visit, for six weeks this time, travelling round the south. As our final destination, Posted by mountaingoats in Caroline and Lesley's big Asia trip | Apr 28, 2013
- DelhiPushkar was another place I was sad to say goodbye to. It was cool and I really had a great time just hanging around, but twas time to buckle up and get my ass to Delhi! I had Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Apr 28, 2013
- Pushkar - part 2I had booked myself in to make some silver jewellery with a nice silversmith chap called Guru, so Joe came along to watch and maybe make something himself. Guru was a sound fellow and showed us plenty of Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Apr 28, 2013
- Agra - Home to the Taj MahalAfter a five hour drive, we stopped briefly at Fatehpur Sikri, the capital city built by Emperor Akbar which served for 12-15 years before it was deserted. This was quite a wonderful palace and unfolded a little like Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 28, 2013
- Udaipur back to New Delhi then to Chicago!Today we flew from Udaipur back to Delhi. We then checked into our day room at a hotel by the airport. At 10:30 p.m. we headed to the airport where we waited for our 2:00 a.m. flight back Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Apr 26, 2013
- UdaipurIn my opinion, Udaipur was uninteresting. It had many of the same things as Jaipur. Palaces, palaces and......PALACES! Our hotel was not my favorite either.
Moving on... Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Apr 26, 2013
- Kufri: Beautiful Summer Places In Himachal Pradesh IndiaKufri is a beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh, India.
Posted by Holidayideas in Holiday Ideas In India | Apr 26, 2013
- On Safari - Ranthambore National ParkWe departed Delhi on an early morning train to Sawai Madaphur - close to Ranthambore. It was an interesting trip as it gave us an idea of what was ahead of us when we have our two overnight train Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 25, 2013