- KeralaAfter an uneventful flight we arrived in Kochi airport and were picked up as arranged by our guesthouse. We spent the next day exploring Fort Cochi and for once our timing was perfect as there was a general strike on Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in India & Nepal | Feb 7, 2015
- awesome asiahi all Posted by rahulsharmaddun in awesome asia | Feb 6, 2015
- February 5 (Thurs)
Even though I plan to take the bus to Pushkar first thing this morning I did not set my watch alarm. The journey should be about 5 hours long and Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 5, 2015
- February 4 (Wed)After a good night’s rest I walked to the Out of the Blue café for breakfast. The coffee here keeps me coming back. Instead of the porridge I opted for aloo paratha; this is like having a thin Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 5, 2015
- Day 11 - Alleppey to KochiToday we are on the move from Alleppey to Kochi and after a final walk around the canals, backwater and town we are off on the short drive to Kochi our last stop in Kerala.
The drive is fast and frantic Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 4, 2015
- Day 10 - AllepeyThe last of our relaxation days today before some full on touring of the Kochi and the North coming up. A sleep in is much needed and an intended celebration with some cold beer is on the agenda tonight at Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 4, 2015
- Day 9 - AlleppeyOur first day in Alleppy and the weather is nice and warm. On 'room-gate' still cannot find what the source of the smell is but the first suspect is the dripping tap in the bathroom. Dads room however does not Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 4, 2015
- Jaisalmer After a jumpy train ride from Jodohur with mice running over the seats and in between our feet we arrived in Jaisalmer. We had booked to stay in a hotel inside the fortress that was inside a genuine "haveli" or Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in India & Nepal | Feb 3, 2015
- February 3 (Tues)[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723209/acommodations.jpg caption=The entrance to the guest house where I was staying in Bundi, the Haveli Uma Megh. Inside the doorway you can see the bottom half of the owner, who is standing on a plastic c Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 3, 2015
- February 2 (Mon)I got a good night’s sleep last night. In my guidebook I read that there were a couple of places in Bundi to get a real cup of coffee so I headed to one that was close to my Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 3, 2015
- Cooking up a storm in Udaipur, RajasthanSince we are huge fans of the James Bond films, we were very much looking forward to visiting Udaipur. Although you can visit the Monsoon Palace, the real attraction is the Floating Palace. Built entirely of marble as a Summer Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Feb 2, 2015
- February 1 (Sun)
My alarm got me up shortly before 5:30am; this gave me plenty of time to get cleaned up, pack up my gear, and be out the door of my hotel by 5:45. Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 1, 2015
- January 31 (Sat)The Hotel Kumbha Palace has at least one dog on the grounds. So far we have got along fine. But this morning it started barking for an unknown reason and this got me out of bed earlier than Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 1, 2015
- January 30 (Fri)This morning I got up relatively early to go to one of Udaipur’s main attractions, the City Palace. The Palace is on the top of a hill in the middle of the city and is lit up at night Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 1, 2015
- Day 8 - Kodaikanal to AlleppeyToday is an early start and the last of our long travel days (whoo hoo) with the 7 hour drive to Alleppey in Kerala.
Our driver, following pick up, takes us to the Kodaikanal Natural History Museum which is so Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 7 - KodaikanalA reasonable start time today at 9.00 and our driver has offered to drive us to a few of the more distant sites around Kodaikanal which is nice because the walk would have had some treacherous roads and hills with Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 6 - Madurai to KodaikanalAfter having a last look around Madurai early this morning we are going to make our accent of Kodaikanal which as around 4 hours away. Luckily we were able to get a drive through our hotel and he is probably Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 5 - MaduraiOut at first light this morning as there is a full day of sights to see. Just coffee for breakfast and we are out the door.
First walk through the streets on the way to the Meenashki Temple and the Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 4 - Chennai to MaduraiSo leaving Chennai for Madurai today and it hasn't been an easy task to say the least. First, NO TRAINS. I know who would have thought but there are no seats going to Madurai. Second, the hotel manager tells us Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- January 29 (Thurs)Today was mostly a day of rest (my feet are still bothering me) and checking out the town of Udaipur.
For breakfast I ate at the rooftop restaurant of my hotel. I ordered coffee and apple pancakes and was disappointed Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 31, 2015
- Life of TinaThis is my friend Tina and her husband.
OK, so she's not really my friend, she is a shopkeeper with a shop between our hotel and the beach. We walk past her about a dozen times a da Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- Bikaner, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur - RajasthanBikaner
I believe I ended my last post stating that we had an eight hour journey from Amritsar to Bikaner. Once again, we were wrong. Thirteen hours and about 650 km later on a pot-holed ridden road trying to avoid, camels, Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 30, 2015
- A Gentle Intro to IndiaHere we are buying our first of many fruit salads on the beach in Kovalam, India.
Kovalam is a touristy coastal town with a maze of small narrow alleyways typical of India. Th Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- January 28 (Wed)
At about 4am we drove into Udaipur, my destination. I had been told that it would be 5am at the earliest so we arrived quite early. I had a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 28, 2015
- January 27 (Tues)For some reason the bugs were out in force in the Relief Hotel. During the night I kept getting bothered by the noise of mosquitoes buzzing around my ears. Then in the morning the table where I have Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 28, 2015