- Day Five10:00 departure this morning - A very gentlemanly start.
Unfortunately, with all the bread, rice, potatoes and beer my weight is piling on. This is everything I gave up to lose weight in the first place.
I am not going to Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 16, 2015
- January 15 (Thurs)After a good night’s sleep I got up at 7am. I ordered the complimentary breakfast from room service first thing. They didn’t seem to have the items that I wanted so I asked them what was available; they Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 16, 2015
- January 14 (Wed)I got a pretty good night’s sleep and woke up slightly less congested than I’ve been for the last couple of weeks. Although I am doing better I still am coughing and blowing my nose frequently. I’m going Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 16, 2015
- Day 1Getting the plane to New Delhi
Going to La Lit Posted by Mcleish in Honeymoon | Jan 16, 2015
- Day Four A gentle start with an Indian breakfast - Not private dining this morning.
On the way to the Golden palace we stopped for Indian some sweets - I had to get the guy to show me how they were Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 15, 2015
- Delhi & JaipurAnd so our travels begin. To get to India our route would take us from Dublin to London, after a short stopover we would then continue on to Delhi. Unfortunately things didn't work out as smoothly as planned, from the Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in India & Nepal | Jan 15, 2015
- Day ThreeA lovely Indian breakfast in the private dining room, which was just off the sitting room, this was like stepping back to the days of the Raj.
The mornings tour was the Red Palace it was very Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 14, 2015
- January 13 (Tues)
Early in the morning we stopped briefly which woke me up. I half-dozed after we got going again. Then suddenly I realized that we had been involved in an Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 13, 2015
- Day Two60% of the town are Hindu and 40% Muslim so there is a number of Mosques. Which have a call to prayer 5 times a day.
6:06 this morning I was awaken with the call Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 13, 2015
- January 12 (Mon)Last night I slept well. I did some work on my computer and then ordered breakfast from room service. I ordered the same thing that I’ve had the previous two mornings: alu paratha with a big cup Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 13, 2015
- January 11 (Sun)Today was another day that I took it easy, hoping to get over my cold. I don’t seem to be making any progress, which baffles me. I don’t really feel bad but I have a hacking cough and Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 12, 2015
- January 10 (Sat)I decided to take it easy today. I am still congested and coughing a lot and it seems as though I have been this way for the last two weeks. So I plan to not do much the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 12, 2015
- Day One Early start 08:00 L -
For those of you who know me know that good food, and especially curry, forms a very big part of my day. The plan is to eat curry for breakfast, lunch and supper.
It started Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 11, 2015
- January 9 (Fri)I woke up at 7am after getting a good night’s sleep. I ordered alu paratha (thin triangular-shaped pancakes stuffed with potatoes and diced vegetables) and a big cup of black coffee. It was a good way to start Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 11, 2015
- The flight and arrival If you leave plenty of time the roads are always clear and there are never any queues at security.
Security was as smooth - Although I had to remove the content of my bag, laptop and ipad, (yes I am taking Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 11, 2015
- January 8 (Thurs)
I slept poorly because I was exposed to the noise of vehicle traffic in my room. This was because the room was right on a busy street and had Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 9, 2015
- January 7 (Wed)
I got up early and headed to the Udupai restaurant for one final meal. This time I ordered the coconut uttapam and coffee. The coconut made it slightly sweet Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 8, 2015
- January 6 (Tues)[center][/center]
I got up a little earlier than normal in the morning and went to the Udupai restaurant -- which is Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 8, 2015
- HIMACHAL PRADESH Himachal Pradesh is a state in Northern India. Himachal Pradesh is famous for its abundant natural beauty. Its a home to several beautiful hill stations. Manali is one of the most visited hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. Shimla in Himachal Posted by Shweta Isaac in HIMACHAL PRADESH | Jan 8, 2015
- Farewell PicnicThe school wide picnic in my honor took place as scheduled. We walked a mile or two up the road and then climbed up a bit to an open pine forest.
Groups o Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 7, 2015
- January 5 (Mon)Last night I slept pretty good. I’m still congested and constantly blowing my nose and coughing, so I thought that I would take it easy today.
I decided to go out for breakfast shortly after getting up. When I Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 6, 2015
- January 4 (Sun)
I set my watch alarm for 6am but I was awake long before that due to the noise around me. There were some French-speaking women at Vicky’s who Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 5, 2015
- January 3 (Sat)I got up earlier than normal today, probably because it is Saturday and the businesses around me also woke up early -- in anticipation of a good day of business. By a few minutes after 7am I was on Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 5, 2015
- Time to move on...It's been amazing 3 weeks in Hampi! Thanks for the relaxing vibe, beautiful nature around, great fun we had and wonderful people we met. We are ready to move on... It's time for a new adventure!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727129/large_P110 Posted by ZuzArbooza in SunLovers | Jan 4, 2015
- January 2 (Fri)I was up at 7am this morning after a good night’s rest and by 7:30am was on the road. My plan today is to head south of Hampi where there is a number of ruins in a place called Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 3, 2015