- February 21 (Sat)I slept well and went downstairs to the dining room of the guest house for breakfast at the appointed time (8:30am). This morning all of the staff was up and busily working. A place was set for me Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 22, 2015
- February 20 (Fri)I had a good night’s sleep and got up about 8am feeling refreshed. When I was at dinner last night I asked if I could have breakfast at 8:30am; they wanted me to eat earlier but I got them Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 22, 2015
- Group Think, Itineraries, Compromise and Waiting ListsEight days left in Guelph's Semester Abroad in India W14! No one wants to face it and none wish to bare those words aloud. It's been a trip of a lifetime. Just yesterday we left Agra after an estranged two Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 21, 2015
- February 19 (Thurs)My room at the Hotel Tokyo Palace in Jaisalmer spoiled me as there was almost no traffic noise there. In contrast my room here in Bikaner has a fair amount of traffic because it is on the road to Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 20, 2015
- So, when are you travelling next!Sitting on my 6x3 desk, reading the newspaper with the morning tea, I came across this inspiring story of Vijayan, a 65 years old man along with his wife exploring the beautiful world by only selling the ‘Tea’. It looked Posted by rohan_explorer in So, when are you travelling next! | Feb 20, 2015
- Day 25 - Agra to DelhiSo up early this morning for breakfast and checkout at 9:00 we store our luggage at the hotel and head out for the 4km walk to the red fort.
I must give commendations to Agra for their preservation of national monuments Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 24 - Jaipur to AgraSo we have organised a driver to take us to Agra as the train and bus leave at inconvenient times for our less than 24 hour stay in Agra.
Our driver arrives and he had the nicest car in India haha Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 23 - JaipurToday we are being taken to the three forts in Jaipur, Nahargarh fort, Jaigarh Fort and Amer Fort as well as viewing the Jal Mahal or lake palace.
Not feeling so good today and thinking it might have been a lack Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 22 - JaipurSo this morning we are ready to get some decent food into our systems so the plan is to walk over to the Pink City and City Palace which is about a 6km walk and we are bound to run Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 21 - Jodhpur to JaipurUp bright and early for the drive to Jaipur as we drive out through the market place we have walked through every day there is a beautifully decorated elephant just wandering down the street like no bodies business. It's amazing Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 20 - JodhpurToday after getting most of the sightseeing done on yesterday's walk around town. We are having a nice long breakfast come lunch on the rooftop looking at the Mehrangarh fort. The view gets more and more impressive each day.
After midday Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- Day 19 - JodhpurToday after a relatively good rest yesterday our plan it to tackle the Mehrangarh Fort. The fort is built on and within a rock face with seamless integration and we are able to see where we are heading as our Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 19, 2015
- February 18 (Wed)
When there is no loud music being played or a celebration of some sort my room at the Tokyo Palace is actually pretty quiet. Last night must have been a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 19, 2015
- February 17 (Tues)When I woke this morning my stomach was upset and by the afternoon I was dealing with a mild case of food poisoning. I was not feeling real bad but I decided to take it easy in the hope Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 19, 2015
- Hampi Toilets, Adoptions, Elephants & Asylums
Well the trip to Hampi was somewhat hampered by a rather horrifying bout of delhi belly on the overnight bus. This was further accentuated by the lack of suspension during the journey whic Posted by Lady-K in Incredulous Tales from a Naïve Traveller | Feb 17, 2015
- February 16 (Mon)It was a pretty quiet day. I had problems accessing the Internet yesterday afternoon but the wifi is working better today so I took advantage of this to work on my itinerary. I am planning on using the Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 16, 2015
- February 15 (Sun)I didn’t sleep well last night. I should have because it was relatively quiet and the bed I have is very comfortable.
Shortly after getting up I went to the rooftop restaurant of the Tokyo Palace and had a small Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 16, 2015
- February 14 (Sat)
I was up at 7am and left the Pushp about 20 minutes after this. The streets were very quiet at this hour. I passed a rickshaw driver who offered Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 15, 2015
- February 13 (Fri)The omelet shops by the clock tower have spoiled me; when I look at the breakfast menu at the Pushp’s rooftop restaurant everything looks so expensive! I ended up ordering a pot of coffee with the intention of going Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 15, 2015
- Day 18 - Udaipur to JodhpurOh TIRED! Up so early this morning and now have to sit on a bus for 6 hours to Jodhpur! I am sleeping as soon as I get to the hotel!
The bus trip is on what must be the worst Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 17 - UdaipurUp so early today as Meenu's cooking class starts at 7:30 and my first thought is I want more sleep.
Drag myself out of bed and head down to Meenu's shop and her husband answers the door and let's us up Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 16 - UdaipurThe next morning we have had a little bit of a late start (which I will call relaxing) after another coffee breakfast - we one again head down to the lake for a mid morning walk around. From here we Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 15 - UdaipurHeading up to the rooftop restaurant in Udaipur we get the days breathtaking view of the lake and lake palace hotel.
After a coffee filled breakfast, we go to take a closer look at the lake. The lake terrace we hit Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- February 12 (Thurs)My plan for today is to go to Jodhpur’s primary tourist attraction, a red sandstone Fort called the Mehrangarh. It sits on top of a hill overlooking the Old City area, which is where most of the tourists are Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 12, 2015
- February 11 (Wed)When I got up in the morning I discovered that there was (again) no water in the bathroom. I couldn’t find any of the staff so I went to the rooftop restaurant and told the cook. He took Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Feb 12, 2015