- Scams Delhi - Scott's Entry
One of the great things about being an independent traveller as opposed to group tours is that you get to experience the very best and the very worst of what a country has to offer. There is Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 27, 2015
- Day 3 - Chennai (side trip to Mammallapuram and Pondicherry)Happy Australia Day and Happy Independance Day India!
Out the door at 7:00 today to leave for our day trip to Mammallapuram and Pondicherry.
The drive to Mammallapuram is quite scenic along the coast and about an hour south of Chennai. We Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 2 - ChennaiUp early at 6:30 today, even before the hotel staff, we set out prior to breakfast to explore the neighbourhood. The Royapettah region of Chennai is a little away from he main drag and about 2km from Marina Beach. This Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 1 - Perth to Chennai (via Kuala Lumpur)Departing Perth Early today arrive at the airport for our flight to India via Kuala Lumpur. Anticipation of an amazing Indian adventure awaits. This is the least prepared for a trip I have ever been but that will leave a Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- January 25 (Sun)I’m slowly getting over the cold that plagued me for weeks. This is good news because I can't recall ever having a cold that persisted the way this one did. Getting over that cold may be one of Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 26, 2015
- January 24 (Sat)This morning I got up a little earlier than normal because I wanted to walk to Junagadh’s Old Fort. Faiz said that it was about a 20 minute walk uphill from the Relief Hotel. My guidebook said that Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 25, 2015
- January 23 (Fri)Junagadh is a very noisy city. Even though I paid extra for a room that faced away from the street the noise from city traffic was still loud until late at night -- and then it started up again Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 25, 2015
- Day Thirteen Varanasi, based on the banks of the Ganga, is the spiritual capital of India. It is often referred to as "the holy city of India". -
Woke to ding dong, woof woof, cough, bark, ding, Aliewinkeankbum - Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 25, 2015
- Day Twelve Khajuraho temple.
If you believe that everything happens for a reason then yesterdays delays were so that I could visit these temples on my own, in peace without anyone else, no hawkers , no holly men no one trying to sell Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 23, 2015
- January 22 (Thurs)
I had no problem getting up when the alarm on my watch went off. In less than a half hour I finished packing, cleaned up and was heading out Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 22, 2015
- January 21 (Wed)When I woke up in the morning there was no power. This hotel has lost power -- and water -- a few times since my arrival. But I’ve discovered that if you are patient and wait for a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 22, 2015
- Day Eleven Day 12 - Agra to Jhansi via train.
I woke early to the sound of water - I was lying in bed thinking that shower sounds just like rain. That's because it was rain. Not heavy but rain all the Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 22, 2015
- Amritsar's Golden TempleIt took a bit of effort to reach Amritsar but it has been well worth it. We navigated our way through the frenetic streets for thirty minutes before we walked up to the shoe depository then we went over to Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 22, 2015
- Day TenEarly start for the drive from Jaipur to Agra
I said good bye to the family this morning. The hospitality was fantastic, I was looked after so well.
On our journey to Agra we stopped on the Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 21, 2015
- Back to India
Returning to Mumbai, feels like coming home. People recognize us on the street, in our favorite restaurants, and the owner of our hotel reprimands us for not giving him notice of our arrival. Wh Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Jan 21, 2015
- Udaipur & Jodhpur After a pleasant stay in Jaipur it was time to continue west, our next stop - Udaipur. We would be taking our first overnight train, leaving Jaipur at 11pm and arriving in Udaipur just after 7 the next morning. Unfortunately Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in India & Nepal | Jan 21, 2015
- January 20 (Tues)I got up again today when the noise was too loud to sleep anymore. Since I had such a lazy day yesterday I decided to go for a walk first thing today. My destination was the town’s main Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- January 19 (Mon)I woke up a little earlier than I would have liked because of the loud street noise. Diu actually has significantly less traffic than most of the places I’ve been but the hotel I’m staying at is right next Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- January 18 (Sun)
In the morning my watch alarm got me out of bed and shortly afterwards I got my wake-up call from the Hotel. It didn’t take long to wash Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- January 17 (Sat)I’m planning to take it easy again today. I am seeing significant improvement in getting over my cold and am hopeful that I can be back to normal very soon.
In mid-morning I called room service to order my complimentary Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 21, 2015
- Day NineDay 2 in Jaipur.
The day started with a cooking lesion on how to make Aloo Paratha. It's so simple. chapati dough rolled into a flat - Then add the Aloo mix (potatoes and secret recipe - cant Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 20, 2015
- Day Eight An early start for our long drive from Udaipur to Jaipur. I looked out of the window to this view:
They say "red sky in the morning shepherds warning." That because his house is on fire!! If th Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 19, 2015
- New Deli transit nonsenseBefore we start talking about Rome, it seems fair to ruminate on the issues created by transit stops, only as the New Deli one yesterday brought it home that they are hopelessly inefficient.
We have so far in our travels stopped Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Jan 19, 2015
- Day SevenSecond day in Udaipur -
The day started with a visit to the fort, the architecture was stunning:
There were many tribes in the area each with their own crest. Bottom row, 2nd from the right Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 18, 2015
- Day Six An early start for our trip through the mountains to Udaipur.
I got back to my hotel late last night so did not see how lovely it was. On my way to breakfast this morning I walked through the Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 17, 2015