- GondalGondal was originally a hundred square mile state, comprising of four towns and more than 175 villages, Gondal today is just a small town and all it has to show for it's stately history is a nineteenth century Riverside Palace, Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 31, 2014
- KochiWe arrived here after departing Payyanur in the morning for the seven hour train ride. Our Indian friends left later the same morning, and so we are truly on our own for the first time. Kochi is the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 30, 2014
- Climb every mountain Yesterday, we left Bhavnagar at the crack of dawn, so we could get to Palitana nice and early so Bill and Natalie could climb up to one of Jainisms's holiest pilgrim sites, which is called Shatrunjaya. It is a hilltop Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 30, 2014
- Road TripWe changed our original plans yesterday, and instead of traveling north to Anand, and then the following day, traveling west to Bhavnagar, we decided to do it in one fell swoop and travel to Bhavnagar in one day. The Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 28, 2014
- ValiyaparambaWe are here with Hitesh and Ruchi, on a tiny spit of a an island, with a wild, totally undeveloped beach on one side, and a wide, series of backwaters on the other. This place is really off the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 25, 2014
- SuratWe decided to go to see a bazaars on Wednesday night in Baroda and then find somewhere to eat. We asked the hotel to get us a tuk tuk and the doorman went out onto the street and called a Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 25, 2014
- Police, sweets and alcoholYesterday morning, we set off for the first time without our guide. The atmosphere in the car was so much better, we were able to have little chats without been interrupted and we commented on the energy in the group Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 22, 2014
- Kalpetta, IndiaWe are now in the hill town of Kalpetta, near Wayanad National Park. Hitesh and Ruchi, who we also met in Ladakh and last saw in Delhi six years ago, met us here. When they arrived, it felt as though Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 22, 2014
- Kaziranga Days...
Seems like I’m constantly playing catch up these days! Since my second visit to Kaz Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Continuing Love Affair with India! | Jul 22, 2014
- Terracotta HorsesOn Saturday morning we set off for Poshina. Poshina is in the north of Gujarat and is very near to the border with Rajasthan and was about a four hour drive. As we made our way down the roads we Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 21, 2014
- Theyyam in Northern KeralaLast night we awoke at 3 AM to attend a Theyyam, a local religious ceremony, native to this area of northern Kerala. There are many different kinds of Theyyam's, and each one held in a different community is somewhat unique. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 19, 2014
- Wild Asses The wifi is only available outside the office here and is very sporadic, so I thought I would do a quick blog whilst I had the opportunity.
Bill and Natalie are still in their rooms and will be over soon to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 18, 2014
- Bikaner - JaipurAs I wandered around the hotel grounds this morning taking photos, I was approached by one of the workers who offered to show me the “Tiger Room” (for some baksheesh of course). The Laxmi Niwas Palace is a quirky, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- Pols and wellsWe have done such a lot of things the last few days and we have limited wifi here, so I shall try and get it all down quickly, before I head for breakfast.
On Wednesday Bill and Natalie went on Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 17, 2014
The plan - Ride from Manali to Leh in one piece
The crew- Myself, Mukund and Nakul
Reached Manali around 11 am.
Got our cycle assembled & left towards Manali-Leh h Posted by svkashi in Rummages | Jul 17, 2014
- No - we're not crazy!Well, the news of our trip has led to mixed reactions from our friends. Some think it is a great opportunity and a chance to stretch our comfort zone a little farther. On the other hand, as you Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 16, 2014
- A day in BikanerI slept really well last night, it was rather nice to have a proper bed, in a cool room, with no sand-blasting and a private toilet nearby. Luxury! I have to say I pined for the cold shower of Dagri Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 4, 2014
- Thottada Beach, Kannur (Kerala, India)We have now been at this lovely beach resort for six days. Pramila, our friend and caretaker extraordinaire, left yesterday to return to Mumbai. The beach itself is completely undeveloped, although there are several guest houses that line Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 16, 2014
- The arrival of NatalieNatalie arrived In Mumbai about one o'clock in the morning and headed to a hotel near the airport. The next morning we had arranged to meet at India Gate at eleven o'clock. Our hotel was not too far away Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 15, 2014
- Dagri - Nagaur - Deshnok - BikanerI woke up with the rising sun and spotted a small herd of goats eyeing the sleeping westerners curiously. I thought it would make a very humorous photo with the caption: “The kids are watching us again”, so I very Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 3, 2014
- Goa, IndiaOur third day in India and we're getting a bit weary of the long days rushing from site to site. Our impulse was to stay on the ship, but who knows when we'll return to india, so we soldier Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 21, 2014
- Southern India & Teaching in the Himalayan Cultural SchoolArrived in Mumbai after an uneventful flight from Newark. This followed an aborted attempt to get to California for a wedding, when our flight was cancelled and others totally booked. Our friend Pramila, who has been so Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 14, 2014
- Pre-planning for IndiaSaturday, July 5, 2014
We get a call from a friend of my wife. She remembers my wife saying "if you ever go back to India, we'd love to go with you". So roll the clock forward eight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 13, 2014
- Mumbai, IndiaI was enchanted by Mumbai (re-named Bombay by the Portuguese and reverted to the original name when India gained independence from the British). It is like a combination of Paris and San Francisco in an alternate universe - familiar, Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 23, 2014
- Sikar - Dagri. The bride and groom come homeI slept all the way back from Sikar this morning, and apparently we narrowly missed a very nasty accident. Naryan's son, who was in one of the later cars, was telling us that a truck had hit a motorcycle and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 2, 2014