- Last Stop -MumbaiOur last destination - Mumbai, greeted us with the proper monsoon rains. Despite long train journey from Delhi (17 hours) we were feeling pretty energetic so on the first day we had a long walk around the area. Central Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- Stop over in DelhiWe went to Delhi because our train to Mumbai was departing from there. We didn't have much time to stay in Delhi so it was a quick a visit, we only stay for couple of days. At the beginning we Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- Ashram time
Our time in an ashram was really good and we were happy that despite the initial apprehension we decided to go back to Rishikesh for the third time and give it a go. Yoga Niketan Ashram is a place with Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- MumbaikarsThis hotel is lovely; unfortunately it is too lovely and we are struggling not to spend too much money here and failing, especially as the food is so good. Here. On Thursday when Bill went to the gym, I Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 12, 2014
- Dagri - the wedding ceremony in SikarI slept much better last night, probably as a result of sheer exhaustion. Looking around this morning, there seems to be people everywhere. It was estimated that around 1000 people attended yesterday's celebrations at some stage during the day, and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- MumbaiYesterday morning we were picked up from our hotel by a taxi to take us to the airport. The taxi driver had some real body odour issues and Bill tried to hold his breathe for most of the ninety minute Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 10, 2014
- New Mangalore, IndiaMangalore is the principal port in the state of Karnataka with the Arabian Sea to the west and the Western Ghats to the east. We had a fairly intense day as we immersed ourselves in Jainism, an ancient Indian Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- Cochin, IndiaWe arrived in Cochin (Kochi) on Saturday. Cochin is described as "India Lite" as it is not as crowded, chaotic, or poor as the rest of India. Even so, it was crowded, chaotic, and poor with children Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Dagri - the Wedding ReceptionI slept last night, although I would not describe it as a good sleep. I thought I'd try out the new shower this morning and although there was no hot water, the cold liquid was very refreshing and it felt Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 30, 2014
- Morning RagasOur plans after leaving Kerala, were to catch an over night train to Mumbai. When the ticket was originally booked we were on stand by and yesterday lunch time only one of us had a seat (for the train the Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 8, 2014
- Jaipur - DagriSo, I wake up this morning to find my cold sore has really taken hold – David did ask if it had declared independence yet! Just what I want for a wedding! Not.
Breakfast at the hote Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 29, 2014
- Walking the Streets of India
In India the word “bad” doesn’t hold much meaning. For a country of 1.2 billion there’s not much room to move, which means a lot of traffic and a lot of faith. A spec Posted by bigvibes in Aimless Adventures | Jul 7, 2014
- Red Tape? Red Mist!On Friday we had arranged with a tuktuk driver to pick us up in the morning, to take us out and about, and as we left the hotel he was outside waving at us. He first took us to a Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 6, 2014
- Cochi, Cochin, Kochi or Kochin Kochi (and it's many different spellings) is in Kerala, in the south of India. It was an important shipping and spice trade centre for centuries, and as a result it has been ruled by different countries over the last few Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 3, 2014
- Planes, trains and automobilesYesterday we left for the airport at four thirty am; the hotel driver took my "please drive slowly" so seriously, that I felt I had to ask him to drive a bit faster, but as Bill said, it just isn't Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 1, 2014
- Bristol - London - Delhi - JaipurAfter a pretty good Italian meal at Heathrow, we were ready to settle down to sleep our way through the eight hour flight to Delhi, which we did, We then had another eight hour wait in Delhi airport – thank Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 27, 2014
- Delhi, Leh, Srinagar and Manali, IndiaThe train ride from Agra to Delhi is an easy 3 hours but finding a seat proved to be more difficult than expected. We had unreserved tickets again and walked through 8-10 train cars to finally find a spot on Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jun 26, 2014
- DharamsalaDharamshala or more accurately Mcleod Gang settlement is a small hill station at the Himalayas. Although the main reason that people go there is because it is Dhalai Lama's residence in exile. Our reason to go there was to escape Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jun 25, 2014
- RishikeshRishikesh is the place which we keep returning to. First we went there to organize ourself before going to Himalaya. We also booked a place in one of the hindu ashrams with the hope to do the 2 week spiritual Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jun 24, 2014
¿A dónde viaja el mundo entero?
¿En dónde se cumplen los sueños?
Algunos sueños surgen y desaparecen, otros surgen y se desplazan en el tiempo, otros surgen hasta que logran manifestarse en esta vida.
Mi sueño desde hace 10 años era Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 12, 2014
- Rajasthan and Agra, IndiaBefore we left Cayman, we sat down with our friend Angel, who had been to India many times for extended periods, to piece together a possible itinerary for the 3 weeks we planned to spend in India. We established that Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jun 20, 2014
- Making it to the Incredible HimalayaHere I am sitting so comfortably at home in Waterloo, ON finally bringing myself to articulate in text the experience I gained from April 15 - May 5, 2013. Suiting after I've return from an impeccable evening in Guelph at Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Jun 19, 2014
¿cuánto dura el viaje?
- toda la noche
Mejor cierra los ojos,
es mejor no ver cómo maneja el conductor.
Llegamos porque amaneció,
la luz azul entró por las ventanas del autobus.
Eran montañas, casitas humildes, pueblitos humildes, Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 19, 2014
- New Tibetan Colony
Llegamos en taxi a Majnu Ka-Tilla alrededor de las 8am.
Un puente peatonal tejido con banderitas tibetanas nos avisó que habíamos llegado.
Un arco en la entrada, " The New Tibetan Colony" nos dio la bienvenida.
Se sentía ya la pres Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 19, 2014
- El calor de Delhi
Salir a Delhi en Junio, es algo que hay que considerar dos veces.
El calor es exhaustivo, nosotros los extranjeros sudamos, chorreamos, y la brisa de un repentino aire nos cura del fuego.
Los rickshwas son el transporte que llenan los es Posted by sandychai in Bitácora de Viento | Jun 14, 2014