- Day 7 - VaranasiToday we will be visiting Varanasi, the oldest living city in India, if not the world, and the holiest city for the Hindu religion. Located on the Ganges River, it is a pilgrimage site for the Hindu faithful. Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 22, 2014
- PETULA AND TARQUIN PREPARE TO TREKGo Airways did as it said on the label. Fortunately there are no Indian airlines called "Breakdown", "Engine failure" or "crash".
GO took us to the romantic sounding Bagdogra, the main airport serving the West Bengal Hills. Politics cannot Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Oct 21, 2014
- KOLKATA: DIRT AND DURGADubai certainly seemed a long 5 1/2 hours away after the aircraft touched down at Subhash Chandra Bose Airport, Kolkata, a full 67 years and and 45 days since Indian Independence. The airport had certainly been radically modernised recently and Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Oct 21, 2014
- HampiLots of temples Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Oct 20, 2014
- Day 6 - KhajurahoAfter yesterday's busy schedule, we were able to sleep in this morning. The journey from Jaipur to Khajuraho is a long one, so we had some time to just relax this morning en route.
The town of Khajuraho is a Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 20, 2014
- Day 5 - Second Half - Jaipur - Elephant RideAfter a quick train ride, we departed for our afternoon and evening in Jaipur. We will be starting out at the Amber Fort and will be arriving at the fort on Elephant back. As our bus arrives, Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 19, 2014
- CAMEL SAFARI
Camel Safari is a big tourist thing here, in Rajasthan.
The overnight option i Posted by OwenY in Owen & Lily back in INDIA | Oct 19, 2014
- 18 HOURS ON THE RANIKHET EXPRESS
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/152071/9CE4B644031564BFFD6F2B5DA651E41A.jp Posted by OwenY in Owen & Lily back in INDIA | Oct 19, 2014
- Day 5 - First Half - Sawai Madhopur - SafariToday is one of the days I've been waiting for - Safari Day. Crossing our fingers that we see more than just birds and squirrels.
So we get up at 5:00 am to leave at 6:00 am for our visit Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 19, 2014
- Day 4 - Second Half - ChittorgarhThe second half of our day would be spent in the town of Chittorgarh. Chittorgarh basically means the fort in Chittor. It's a fortified town that resides high in the hills. It has been invaded and conquered Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 19, 2014
- Day 4 - First Half - UdaipurToday would be a split day with a visit to the White City of Udaipur in the morning and then the Chittorgarh Fort in the afternoon and early evening. We are having a great time with our friends and Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 19, 2014
- Day 3 - JodhpurOur first day in Rajasthan will include some sightseeing, lunch and a little shopping before returning to the train for dinner.
The trip from Delhi to Jodhpur is about 625 Km in length with most of the travel in the overnight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 19, 2014
- Southern IndiaEverything in southern India has a different flavor. From the language, primarily Tamil to the vegetarian cuisine - thalis and dosas, to the terrain. Days are spent coming from or going to visit temples of which there are literally thousands, Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Oct 19, 2014
- India : Take 3 : Scene 1Well here I am back in India for the third time, still trying to work out what it is that continues to drive me back here. I have to say though, it seems to get better every time...
So travelling wise, Posted by Lady-K in Incredulous Tales from a Naïve Traveller | Oct 18, 2014
- Goabeaches Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Oct 17, 2014
- MumbaiBeen here before in 1980
Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Oct 17, 2014
- Radio silenceHello All!
No, I have not been trampled by an elephant-but it sure felt like it when I went shopping at peak hours during Diwali!
And I have not been bitten by a cobra-although one was found and killedin out backyard! Posted by Lorraine'sblog in Tamil Nadu | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 2 - New DelhiSome sightseeing in Delhi then the start of our train journey.
Started off with breakfast before checking out of the hotel. We had a driver to take us around before we head to the train station.
Our first stops of the Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 14, 2014
- My Reason for Being in India Starts in 8 Days!This past week I received my initial Volunteer Placement information of where I will be putting my loving skills to best use.
I will be doing my humanitarian duties at the Arya Kanya Orphanage located north of Delhi which houses 84 Posted by bodyhealer21 in Transforming Lives Globally | Oct 12, 2014
- Day 1 - New DelhiToday would be our first full day in India. After a good night's rest, we had breakfast and met up with our friends. We then went for a little shopping and a little sight-seeing before returning to the Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 11, 2014
- IndiaDay 1 16.09.14
Heading to the airport was a nightmare how do I say good bye to mum? I could hardly speak, but the worst was to come the airport wait I thought Aberdeen was bad but Heathrow was even worse...Thank Posted by skelman22 in my adventure | Oct 11, 2014
- And so it begins...So we're sitting here enjoying a glass of Indian wine in a beautiful hotel in New Delhi. Needless to say, we've made it here safe and sound. It was a long day of travel, but we'll get a Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 10, 2014
- The magic of KabiniIt had been more than 6 months that we (my wife and I) had not been to a national park. Our last visit to Kaziranga National Park was seeming quite in the past now, and my hands were itching to Posted by amitstambe in Wildlife Travels | Oct 4, 2014
- Free Ebooks Download Edhole.ebooks.com
There are many website of ebooks in all of world. But in website named ebooks. edhole.com. we provide such of type ebooks that any website cannot com pane of our website to, ebooks.edhole.com. These ebooks are so much useful that Posted by css founder in Free Ebooks Download | Sep 30, 2014
- The Andamans !Andaman trip was my first trip on an Island. The trip was already amazing before even landing as we witnessed the island from the above while landing Port Blair. I was never a beach person, but the beaches I have Posted by AkshayBhagat in Travel Diaries | Sep 29, 2014