- Mini update.....So...it's been a while since we last blogged....this is for a number of reasons mainly very unreliable wifi, wifi only available in mosquito ridden areas and being so busy trying to fit too much in!
So, although the last post Posted by LesLegumes in Indian travels and a Sri Lankan sojourn | Jun 13, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- Love Love Love Pushkar - RajasthanIf I'd been writing this yesterday you would be reading a very different story.
We arrived in Rajasthan after a long and tiring journey - two planes and two taxis. Checked in and went to bed. Yesterday morning, on Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 10, 2015
- WHY LIVE IN INDIA?WHY LIVE IN INDIA?
This is now my fourth visit to India! I’ve wanted to record my experiences, consistently, in some form – but have been too lazy to do so! That’s a shame really, as some of my experiences have Posted by PeterBoasman in South Goan Adventure | Jun 10, 2015
Today I didn't set my alarm for meditation or yoga and woke up naturally at 6.00 a.m. Typical! Anyway turned out to be such a good day.
We left the Ashram around mid-day (I know mad dogs and Englishman Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 8, 2015
- New DelhiDay One
I arrive in New Delhi and am about to start the Asian half of my dream trip around the world. I took an Air India flight from Leonardo da Vinci International Airport in Rome, to Indira Gandhi International Airport. Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- Kolkata- A tale of Two Bridges….Howrah Bridge is a cantilever bridge with a suspended span over the Hooghly River in West Bengal, India. Commissioned in 1943, the bridge was originally named the New Howrah Bridge, because it replaced a pontoon bridge at the same location Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 7, 2015
- NamasteApologies for the late blog but we've been pretty busy since we arrived! So.... what are we doing? Where are we going? How did we get here?
Well, let us tell you... Posted by Team India 2015 in The Blog with No Name……. Yet! | Jun 7, 2015
- The Meditation CaveOur lovely host offered us an opportunity for some sightseeing today which we readily jumped at. We still did our morning classes and therapy and were ready at 2.30 as requested. A car had been organised and the Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 6, 2015
- Rishikesh - IndiaWe made it!! which isn't as easy as it sounds. I won't bore you with all the details surrounding catching and travelling by bus, suffice to say we won't be rushing to do it again. Trains and Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 5, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- A royal Rajasthani weddingAlthough we meet genuinely kind and helpful people on the road, we don't really expect to keep in touch with most. So when Veerbhadra "Veebu" Singh, patriarch of the Deogarh (Rajasthan) royal Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Jun 3, 2015
- KULDHARA: AN ABANDONED AND CURSED VILLAGE NEAR JAISALMER
All of us have had an encounter with a ghost or heard an eerie ghost story. The village of Kuldhara is a ghost village that has been abandoned since 1800s. It is said to carry a curse of the villagers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 2, 2015
- TANOT MATA TEMPLE NEAR JAISALMER RAJASTHAN…..Tanot is a place located at a distance of 120 Km from Jaisalmer and name Tanot is named on goddess Tanot. One major town Ramgarh falling in between. After Ramgarh, are miles and miles of nothingness and empty sand dunes. Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 2, 2015
- BADA BAGH CENOTAPHS :IN OUTSKIRTS OF JAISALMER....Bada Bagh, also called Barabagh (literally Big Garden) is a garden complex about 6 km north of Jaisalmer. It contains a set of royal cenotaphs, or chhatris of Maharajas of Jaisalmer state.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_5821. Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 2, 2015
- Dubai - IndiaDelhi - where to start?
Flew through the airport and into a taxi feeling pretty confident. Then we hit the traffic. Chaos like you've never seen, cars, buses, bikes, tut tuts, rickshaws and people walking along the equivalent to Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 2, 2015
- Chicken Tikka McSalaIt's here in India...Chicken Tikka Masala, and all those years I thought it was an invention by the McIndia restaurants elsewhere in the world. I didn't try it though for two reasons. Firstly, the waiter at the restaurant I saw Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jun 2, 2015
- All we need... is love. Romantic pigeons of Jaipur <3
Not sure how people in this area clean windows.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by kattysie in o_O | May 30, 2015
- Galta (Monkey temple)One of the few places in India where there are no crowds, so you can just relax and watch lazy monkeys riding pigs :)
And it's absolutely free!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/742659/ Posted by kattysie in o_O | May 30, 2015
- SAM SAND DUNESLocation: In the outskirts of Jaisalmer, 42 Km from the main city.
Sam sand dunes are becoming the major attraction in Jaisalmer. This is the closest place from where you can loose yo Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | May 27, 2015
- JAISALMER FORT-SONAR QUILAThe Jaisalmer Fort is one of the largest fortifications in the world in the state of Rajasthan. It is a World Heritage Site. It was built in 1156 AD by the Rajput ruler Rawal Jaisal, from whom it derives its Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | May 26, 2015
- Chandipur, Odisha: Where the sea disappears suddenly !!Chandipur, also known as Chandipur-on-sea, is a small sea resort in Baleswar District, Odisha, India. The resort is on the Bay of Bengal and is approximately 16 kilometers from the Baleswar Railway Station.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/74740 Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | May 26, 2015
- Farewell India
Our final slice of Indian sun...
India is a land of contrast, the disparity between the rich and the extremely poor really p Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | May 26, 2015
- Into the heart and soul of Tamil Nadu....MaduraiDay 10: Travelled overnight by non A/C sleeper bus to Madurai with the appropriately named service 'Lucky Travels'. We shared a lower bunk and despite the open windows cooling the air we had little sleep due to the noise of Posted by LesLegumes in Indian travels and a Sri Lankan sojourn | May 25, 2015
Srinagar is just over the border from both Pakistan and Afghanista Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | May 20, 2015