- HampiThe advantage of not carrying a guide book is that everything is a surprise, and Hampi was wonderfully different from our imaginings. It felt like we were stepping into a film set, the landscape seemed straight out of Planet of Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Apr 2, 2014
- The Blue City Aside from the Fort, the city market and the beautiful blue buildings, there isn't too much else to Jodhpur. The city was hectic, horns were constantly blaring and I felt my stress levels rising; take me back to tranquil Udaipur! Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Apr 2, 2014
- Recap the final group excursion April 1, 2014 7:24 p.m. Dining table turned homework station
Finally there's a manageable level of "happenings" I have to happily share with you :)! As of this moment, Maeyken and I have had our ritualistic evening 'welcome Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Apr 1, 2014
- A spot of tea with a difference! I think the thing that I love most about travelling is the people that you meet along the way and the unexpected twists and turns that your journey can take as a result of meeting them. My chance encounter with Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Mar 31, 2014
- Reflecting..We can't believe two whole months have almost passed since we packed up our flat, dumped our things at Dan's Mum's, said our emotional farewells and jumped on a plane to India! It often feels like only yesterday, and sometimes Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Mar 30, 2014
- India's response to VeniceFirst off, I would like to apologise for my tardiness in getting the blog entries out. I have become very slack indeed! I am now sitting here in the English country side at my friend Liz's house with a cup Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Mar 30, 2014
- ELEPHANTASTICSomeone, who shall NOT remain nameless - The Michael David - said I need less writing and more pictures in order for him to read my Blog.
So here you go TMD! The photos say more than I Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Mar 29, 2014
- Delhi18/03 a 24/03
Et nous revoilà à notre point de départ. Apparemment l’Inde ne veut pas nous voir partir :). Notre locomotive est d’abord tombée en panne et nous avons dû attendre une heure pour un changement, puis à deux stations Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Mar 24, 2014
- kashmir. beauty at its finest.this was a meaningful trip for me - not only did it fulfill my curious mind of travelling to a "less popular" place, it did however enrich me as a person who had been taking the conveniences of life for Posted by mISO sOUP in lov(e)world | Mar 26, 2014
- The irony of the 'City of Life'
This is the place Dan was most dreading in India. We've heard many stories from travellers we've met along the way of the dirtiness and the depressing sight of death everywhere here. Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Mar 26, 2014
- Pushkar28/02 à 17/03
Pour venir de Bundi, nous avons fait le voyage avec Max, un photographe Hollandais, voyageant en Inde pour faire des photos... Parfait partenaire de voyage pour nous ;) en plus, il connait vraiment bien Pushkar pour y être Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Mar 18, 2014
- The Taj Mahal - The perfect setting..We arrived in Agra via a comfy 4 hour AC train Journey, which gave me a long time to mentally prepare for when we got there.
Most of the people we have spoken to about north India have struggled in Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Mar 25, 2014
- Elephants, Camels and Colour!We have been really lazy with the blogging lately, and so much has happened recently what with Amiee's birthday and OUR ENGAGEMENT!!..First comes first. We've recently visited 5 cities in the state of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is famous for is colourful Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Mar 25, 2014
- BENIHANA's?If there was a perfect candidate for the inevitable evolution of the cell phone to become some sort of chip installed in your wrist where phone calls are made with a swipe on your forearm, I would be the one Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Mar 24, 2014
- Bharatpur - Delhi - Zurich - London - BristolTrying not to sleep on the journey from Bharatpur to Delhi proved impossible. I wanted to be as tired as I could be for our overnight flight home, so tried my best to stay awake on the road, but wasn't Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 23, 2014
- Wow! IndiaI was given the change to travel to our Hyderabad office and took this change to visit some local attractions, These are the few places where I have been to. Although this is not the magical Taj Mahal that i Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Mar 23, 2014
- Keoladeo Ghana National ParkKeoladeo Ghana National Park
On our first trip to India, back in 1988, we visited this area, and passed quite close by this park on a group tour. We were offered the opportunity to travel through the reserve in a rickshaw, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 22, 2014
- Happy Holi !!This year, Holi and St. Patrick's day fell on the same date, so our half-Irish group of Canadians were twice as glad to have the school day off to drink, be merry, and celebrate an Indian holiday all on the Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Mar 21, 2014
- A Bid Farewell A 32 year-old, unmarried woman (Indians are so worried when they find out I'm not married) takes her first trip on the infamous Indian Railway. Not to be worried; she was sensible enough to Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Mar 20, 2014
- Sariska - BharatpurAnother safari this morning at 6.30. Inspired by yesterday’s generous tip for finding the tiger, the guide and driver were keen to find another for us today. We set off in search of the mother and cub, who had been Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 19, 2014
- Rajasthan's CapitalIt's taken all this time to write, and I'll be sure to tell you why !!
I miss you back home more and more as days go by with little contact, so I'll try to do some justice here (though, if Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Mar 18, 2014
- A hippies paradiseThe great thing about travelling by car through India is that there is so much freedom to your schedule. You can make pitstops as you like and if an impromptu recommendation passes your way, you can do it with no Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Mar 18, 2014
- Jaipur - SariskaIt was hard to say goodbye to Sabu and his family this morning, but hopefully we will see them all again soon.
This morning we were heading for Sariska Tiger Reserve which is located half way back to Delhi then Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 18, 2014
For many years I have wanted to be in India during the Holi Festival so I was pretty excited about that dream coming true this year. The Hindu festival is celebrated every year at the approach of the Vernal Equinox Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 18, 2014
- INDIA'S HOLI FESTIVAL OF COLORS[center][/center]
Today was Holi in India. A festival to celebrate the Harvest and the arrival of Spring and it's colors . Also an excuse for local Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Mar 17, 2014