- Hunt for a suitable place to lay our head!
First job on arriving in this little village was finding somewhere to stay. Our guide took us to the Homestay that had been recommended by our last Homestay which was quite expensive for a basic room. It had Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 23, 2015
- Blog Week 2We ended last weekend with a delightful excursion to the cinema & dinner courtesy of Arundhati’s lovely family, who have become our surrogate Indian family.
After a weekend of fun we were refreshed and ready to take on week two. We Posted by Team India 2015 in The Blog with No Name……. Yet! | Jun 20, 2015
- It's not grim up northWhat a difference a few days make. In Rajasthan and Punjab you could have fried an egg on a street cows back (maybe slightly religiously offensive), whereas in Kashmir I was surrounded by snow capped mountains with the temperature at Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jun 20, 2015
- From Bombay into the north western state of RajasthanWe arrived in Bombay after having been stopped by police overnight to search our bus. It was hot, we had no hotel reservation however after walking 2km with our backpacks (as the tuktuk drivers didn't seem to understand us) we Posted by LesLegumes in Indian travels and a Sri Lankan sojourn | Jun 19, 2015
- Awadhi Cuisine with the Maharajas' exp
If you are craving for a royal gourmet in India, then there is no place better than the city of Nawabs that could satiate your palate. Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh (UP), was traditionally the capital of a Posted by maharajasexp in Awadhi Cuisine with the Maharajas' exp | Jun 18, 2015
- Munnar - INDIA - Tea PlantationLeft Cochin for Munnar with our driver/tour guide Alex. Not sure we are doing this backpacking business quite right!
Had a lovely trip to a Tea Museum on the way which sounds really dull but was very informative. I Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- Cochin - Synagogue and shopping!Chinese Fishing Nets and Jewish Quarter
Woken up at daybreak by the loudest frogs ever, birds and cock-a-doodle-do. Definitely in the countryside and for the first time since I've been here, I can't even hear a horn, but the wildlife certainly Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...Part - VI...On way to Pangong Tso lakeThe Chang La (el. 5,360 m or 17,590 ft) is a high mountain pass in Ladakh, India. It is the second highest motorable road in the world. Chang La is approached from Leh via kharu and sekti village by a Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 17, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part - V...winters with fresh snowfall!Leh has a cold desert climate with long, harsh winters from October to early March, with minimum temperatures well below freezing for most of the winter. The city gets occasional snowfall during winter. The weather in the remaining months is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 16, 2015
- Cochin/Kochi - IndiaArrived ok having caught the plane by the skin of our teeth; literally minutes until they shut the desk. If that wasn't enough everybody in the whole of India pushed in front of me as I was trying to Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 15, 2015
- Agra - IndiaI'm not sure there is much more to say about Agra other than the Taj Mahal lived up to all expectations!
We had been told the city was extremely hot at this time of year and so booked into a hotel, Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 15, 2015
- Tikku's Travelthon- It's PhilosophyTikku’s Travelthon and it’s Philosophy
Through my travelthon i wish to explore the world with my unique perspective . I want to taste , feel , love and explore things that captivate me and engage me . I want to explore Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 15, 2015
- Kashmir Where Jesus came to dieKashmir - Where Jesus Came To Die
It’s called the crown of India . A valley so beautiful and so abundant with the gifts of nature that it is compared to heaven’s . Mughals made it their summer capital and so Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 15, 2015
- The Saint's Of The EastThe Holy Men of Asia
India being such an ancient and wondurus civilisation is the land of holy men , aesthetic , Sadu’s and Saints. My travels took me to far away places which are the gem’s of indian spirituality Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - II...Alchi and around...
Alchi is a village and monastery in the Leh district of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, situated on the bank of Indus River 70 km downstream from the capital in Leh. Unlike the other gompas in Ladakh, Alchi is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 14, 2015
- Ashrams of IndiaThe Ashram’s Of The East
India is the land of sages , philosophers , saints and spiritual healers . It is thus but natural that it is a land over flowing with Ashrams . These are centres of religious ,theological and Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 13, 2015
- In Search Of With InThe Search of With In
My meandering ways and my travels through india took me to a most fascinating place . Situated in the bustling town of Pune to a mystical ashram called the OSHO international Centre . The Ashram was Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 13, 2015
- Sin Free HaridwarReligious hubs such as Hardwar should be on the must-see list of foreign tourists who want to experience the “real” India. Crowds of devotees streaming to the ghats are hypnotic. The single-minded quest to wash away one’s sins by taking Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 13, 2015
- Mini update.....So...it's been a while since we last blogged....this is for a number of reasons mainly very unreliable wifi, wifi only available in mosquito ridden areas and being so busy trying to fit too much in!
So, although the last post Posted by LesLegumes in Indian travels and a Sri Lankan sojourn | Jun 13, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- Love Love Love Pushkar - RajasthanIf I'd been writing this yesterday you would be reading a very different story.
We arrived in Rajasthan after a long and tiring journey - two planes and two taxis. Checked in and went to bed. Yesterday morning, on Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 10, 2015
- WHY LIVE IN INDIA?WHY LIVE IN INDIA?
This is now my fourth visit to India! I’ve wanted to record my experiences, consistently, in some form – but have been too lazy to do so! That’s a shame really, as some of my experiences have Posted by PeterBoasman in South Goan Adventure | Jun 10, 2015
Today I didn't set my alarm for meditation or yoga and woke up naturally at 6.00 a.m. Typical! Anyway turned out to be such a good day.
We left the Ashram around mid-day (I know mad dogs and Englishman Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 8, 2015