- Day 8 - Kodaikanal to AlleppeyToday is an early start and the last of our long travel days (whoo hoo) with the 7 hour drive to Alleppey in Kerala.
Our driver, following pick up, takes us to the Kodaikanal Natural History Museum which is so Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 7 - KodaikanalA reasonable start time today at 9.00 and our driver has offered to drive us to a few of the more distant sites around Kodaikanal which is nice because the walk would have had some treacherous roads and hills with Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 6 - Madurai to KodaikanalAfter having a last look around Madurai early this morning we are going to make our accent of Kodaikanal which as around 4 hours away. Luckily we were able to get a drive through our hotel and he is probably Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 5 - MaduraiOut at first light this morning as there is a full day of sights to see. Just coffee for breakfast and we are out the door.
First walk through the streets on the way to the Meenashki Temple and the Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 4 - Chennai to MaduraiSo leaving Chennai for Madurai today and it hasn't been an easy task to say the least. First, NO TRAINS. I know who would have thought but there are no seats going to Madurai. Second, the hotel manager tells us Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- January 29 (Thurs)Today was mostly a day of rest (my feet are still bothering me) and checking out the town of Udaipur.
For breakfast I ate at the rooftop restaurant of my hotel. I ordered coffee and apple pancakes and was disappointed Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 31, 2015
- Life of TinaThis is my friend Tina and her husband.
OK, so she's not really my friend, she is a shopkeeper with a shop between our hotel and the beach. We walk past her about a dozen times a da Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- Bikaner, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur - RajasthanBikaner
I believe I ended my last post stating that we had an eight hour journey from Amritsar to Bikaner. Once again, we were wrong. Thirteen hours and about 650 km later on a pot-holed ridden road trying to avoid, camels, Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 30, 2015
- A Gentle Intro to IndiaHere we are buying our first of many fruit salads on the beach in Kovalam, India.
Kovalam is a touristy coastal town with a maze of small narrow alleyways typical of India. Th Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- January 28 (Wed)
At about 4am we drove into Udaipur, my destination. I had been told that it would be 5am at the earliest so we arrived quite early. I had a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 28, 2015
- January 27 (Tues)For some reason the bugs were out in force in the Relief Hotel. During the night I kept getting bothered by the noise of mosquitoes buzzing around my ears. Then in the morning the table where I have Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 28, 2015
Outside Heathrow Terminal 4 - Tuesday 20 January
The Gateway to India, Mumbai - Wednesday 21 January
So here Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jan 28, 2015
- January 26 (Mon)
There was one more site that I wanted to visit while I was in Junagadh so I got up Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 28, 2015
- Now At Nandi HillsThat's how you would term it - Right now at home and then right now at the Nandi hills.
Sudden transformation of the thoughts in the mind to the trip on road...
The Republic Day, 2015 long w Posted by priyatrips in TripsTogether | Jan 27, 2015
- Scams Delhi - Scott's Entry
One of the great things about being an independent traveller as opposed to group tours is that you get to experience the very best and the very worst of what a country has to offer. There is Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 27, 2015
- Day 3 - Chennai (side trip to Mammallapuram and Pondicherry)Happy Australia Day and Happy Independance Day India!
Out the door at 7:00 today to leave for our day trip to Mammallapuram and Pondicherry.
The drive to Mammallapuram is quite scenic along the coast and about an hour south of Chennai. We Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 2 - ChennaiUp early at 6:30 today, even before the hotel staff, we set out prior to breakfast to explore the neighbourhood. The Royapettah region of Chennai is a little away from he main drag and about 2km from Marina Beach. This Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 1 - Perth to Chennai (via Kuala Lumpur)Departing Perth Early today arrive at the airport for our flight to India via Kuala Lumpur. Anticipation of an amazing Indian adventure awaits. This is the least prepared for a trip I have ever been but that will leave a Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Jan 26, 2015
- January 25 (Sun)I’m slowly getting over the cold that plagued me for weeks. This is good news because I can't recall ever having a cold that persisted the way this one did. Getting over that cold may be one of Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 26, 2015
- January 24 (Sat)This morning I got up a little earlier than normal because I wanted to walk to Junagadh’s Old Fort. Faiz said that it was about a 20 minute walk uphill from the Relief Hotel. My guidebook said that Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 25, 2015
- January 23 (Fri)Junagadh is a very noisy city. Even though I paid extra for a room that faced away from the street the noise from city traffic was still loud until late at night -- and then it started up again Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 25, 2015
- Day Thirteen Varanasi, based on the banks of the Ganga, is the spiritual capital of India. It is often referred to as "the holy city of India". -
Woke to ding dong, woof woof, cough, bark, ding, Aliewinkeankbum - Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 25, 2015
- Day Twelve Khajuraho temple.
If you believe that everything happens for a reason then yesterdays delays were so that I could visit these temples on my own, in peace without anyone else, no hawkers , no holly men no one trying to sell Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 23, 2015
- January 22 (Thurs)
I had no problem getting up when the alarm on my watch went off. In less than a half hour I finished packing, cleaned up and was heading out Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 22, 2015
- January 21 (Wed)When I woke up in the morning there was no power. This hotel has lost power -- and water -- a few times since my arrival. But I’ve discovered that if you are patient and wait for a Posted by kpoleary in India Trip | Jan 22, 2015