We flew from Delhi to Jodhpur on 9 April (flight of an hour and a half). We were met on arrival in Jodhpur by Joshi our haveli (hotel) owner and a fleet of nine tuk tuks. Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 13, 2013
- Northern LivingI want to move here. Or at least stay here for an extended period of time.
This part of India is just spectacular. I don't know how else to describe it but besides my favorite Canadian cities/towns, this part of Posted by lcmichael in The Edge. | Apr 12, 2013
- On the road to JodhpurSo as the two NZ ladies were ill, I headed off to Jodhpur bus station on my todd. At the bus station I met a fantastic girl called Ice Smith from the Phillipines! (She had a son called Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Apr 1, 2013
- Udaipur - part 4So yesterday I went up to see the city in a cable car and got a henna tattoo, then met the NZ ladies later that night to watch Octopussy (my third attempt). However the restaurant was showing Marigold hotel Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 31, 2013
- Udaipur - part 3So Jeff and Maree were sick, I'd cancelled my cookery class to hang with them so had no big plans for the day. So I rambled around what seemed like the whole of Udaipur for an hour and a Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 31, 2013
- Udaipur - part 2So the next day I decided to do another boat ride - one that stopped at the fancy island! Plus I love boat rides! This one was much better and stopped at Jagmandir hotel, which was very impressive and Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 29, 2013
- Udaipur part 1So on the plane I was sat next to this French girl and we yapped away.
She had a great life story and spent years living in Ghana, Eygpt, Dubai, GALWAY and somewhere else. She had Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 28, 2013
- New DelhiThese three days we mainly spent exploring Hindu temples and walking around the city. We also took a rickshaw ride through the old part of Delhi which was very interesting.........very crowded! The people in india are very pretty Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Apr 10, 2013
- Siem Reap to New Delhi, IndiaToday we flew from Siem Reap to New Delhi, India. We drove around New Delhi a little bit, and we were so surprised because everything looked so modern! The city has lots of parks and is very pretty! Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Apr 10, 2013
- Devi Garh to Goa wake up callAfter leaving the 5 star opulence of Udaipur's Devi Garh Palace Fort hotel, we took a car ride back to reality. Beeping horns, driving on the wrong side of the road around blind hair pin corners, cows eating garbage literally Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Apr 10, 2013
- In Transit and Arrival DelhiAll went really well with the gathering of the Saris and Safaris group from New Zealand.
As can be expected, there was a slight distraction where two duty free stores were Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | Apr 8, 2013
- A Taste of Tibet. NOW we are in a heavenly place. McLeod Ganj has possibly topped Shimla although they are quite different places. Maybe it's because this is exactly what we're looking for at the end of these 2 months... cafes, (consistently) amazing food, Posted by lcmichael in The Edge. | Apr 7, 2013
- ManaliSlow ride, take it easy!
On Wednesday, two days after the seder, and one day after after Holi, Shmulik and I left Kasol. We each woke up at our own pace, checked out of the guest house, and started our Posted by Son_of_Axe in India | Apr 6, 2013
- Holy Cow! We're in IndiaFor some reason, I have decided to start at the very beginning. Just some really plane writing appears below.
The plane trip was a regular flight. After clearing customs and going to the TRS office to receive the GST back Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Apr 4, 2013
- A Return to IndiaThe skies were bright, there was a smell of seawater and fish in the air, and familiar buildings were in the distance. We were finally in India. The MV Explorer docked in Cochin, the same port from my voyage last Posted by MVVincent in Semester at Sea | Apr 3, 2013
- Holy Holi! Here we go. This will catch me up!
The morning we left Jodhpur, we were up around 5:30am to get a tuk tuk to the train station. Little did we know when we arrived, we were at the wrong train Posted by lcmichael in The Edge. | Apr 3, 2013
- Elephant Jam. It is much more difficult to find a good internet cafe here than in SE Asia! But here I am. Need to catch up so I don't forget everything we've done!
After our interesting beach experience in Varkala, we grabbed Posted by lcmichael in The Edge. | Apr 2, 2013
- In the slummer time, when the weather is hot..So I was wondering if a trip to the slums was a bit invasive and if it would feel a bit weird peeping in at those who live in Dharevi, but the tour we decided on is led by guides Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 25, 2013
- Tour of Kerala (22 Feb 2013 - 27 Feb 2013)22 Feb - Cochin to Munnar was a Hillyroad.
4-4.5 hrs journey. Good to watch spice gardens and tea plantations on the way.
Posted by sdg2001in in Tour of Kerala | Mar 31, 2013
- Kerala – God’s Own CountryOne of the nice things about India is the relatively bargain priced flights you can book between cities. Although we'd pretty much waited until the last minute, we were still able to find a reasonably priced flight from Kolkata to Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 29, 2013
- Aurang(utan)abadThere's some Russian dude yapping on Skype beside me, while two UK birds agree on taxi details to the side of me, so I can't really concentrate! The Indian dude who owns the joint has given me a free chai Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 26, 2013
- Elephanta Island - MumbaiThis morning, despite my dicky tummy, we went on the ferry to Elephanta Island. We saw some good caves there with fancy carvings. Th e3 headed Shiva was ace. The girls were reading me the stoires from Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 26, 2013
- MumbaiThe train station in Mumbai was intense! Flies, wee, tons and tons of people saying 'taxi madam?'. I'd agreed to meet the two UK ladies at the station - Abbey & Tara, and this other guy Tim was there Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 23, 2013
- Goa part 3Had a bit of a headache the next day so found John and went to Cuba for a curer and some more chilling.
Later, myself and Corey decided to go see sunset on Monkey BEach, which was right at the Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 21, 2013
- The riches of Rajasthan and the world's largest camel fair In my usual deep sleep it was only when fellow passengers in the berth moved about at 6.30am that I got into an alive state of mind and watched the sun come up. In Udaipur station the drivers appeared to Posted by antony25 in Escaping the Rock | Mar 28, 2013