We woke up real early to catch a 5 -6 hour train towards Pushkar.
The train seats were really uncomfortable but the scenery was great.
Peter, Damion and Monica w Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 1, 2013
Our first morning in Udiapur we went to tour the City Palace.
The Palace is half open to the public as a museum and half private for the king of Udiapur n Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 30, 2013
- Terrorised by monkeys and touched by lady boysThe lady-boy culture of India
Indian railway is an experience in itself, but a rather strange culture of what I can best call 'alternative beggars' has developed. One evening whilst lying on my bed in the sleeper class train (the Posted by Venturediaries in Ashram's, Tigers and Curries | Jul 29, 2013
- Travel DayThe next day was originally planned to be mostly a travel day on a bus. Instead Monty arranged two cars to drive us so that we could enjoy the country side and make a few stops.
So of course just Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 28, 2013
- Jive TalkingWell What a week it's been so far started off with making our way up to Canberra and all I can say about Canberra is that it's extremely Ccccollllddddd! The war memorial was really interesting it showed all the Victoria Posted by JacquesFamily in Our Big Adventure | Jul 24, 2013
- Day two in JaisalmerWe woke up a little later then I wanted but it was fine since we didn't go to bed until really late. Thom and I had breakfast with Monty and the two girls from Switzerland and we decided to walk Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 23, 2013
- And away we go!It is only the beginning of our fourth day in India and so much has already happened. Before I left the states to come here Thom and I would tell people that we were planning a trip to India. We Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 23, 2013
Jaisalmer at sunset
My first day here was a case of the very best and very worst. It started with the bad, ended with the good and had a splash of the ugly in th Posted by t galtress in Wanderlust; it's a big old world | Jul 21, 2013
- Eating in Silence and praying to vishnu!Headbobbing:
So Indians do this head bob thing where they bob their head from side to side, keeping the neck still. It looks bizzarre, and as there is no definable meaning for what this head bob means it gets pretty Posted by Venturediaries in Ashram's, Tigers and Curries | Jul 21, 2013
- In the beginning... [center]It is 10:18 p.m. On Saturday July 20. I need to state that as we awoke at 3:30 a.m. on Friday July 19th to drive to Newark airport and time has two different meanings. The one the clock and calendar Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 20, 2013
Streets of Jodhpur
I woke up and decided to spend the morning catching up on my diary and my blog. Its nice keeping an account this detailed and provides a good way to clear the Posted by t galtress in Wanderlust; it's a big old world | Jul 19, 2013
- Kashmir!!!Colin's 2nd blog...
Just like you've read about or seen on TV and movies...
KASHMIR--one of the most beautiful places on earth.
And such nice people.
Okay, as westerners, we've all heard about the dangers and conflict over Kashmir. So, we Posted by kristinandcolin in The Journey | Jul 18, 2013
- Srinagar - Mughal Gardens and Dal LakeAfter a lazy late start (the only lie-in we've had so far on this trip – we didn't actaully leave the boat until 09:50) and a very nice breakfast of masala omelette and birthday cake – with David being very Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 13, 2013
- Leh - Jammu - SrinagarNot a very good photos to writing ratio in today's blog I'm afraid, as most of the day was spent travelling.
Another early start this morning, leaving the hotel at 06:00 for the five minute drive to the airport. Really today Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 12, 2013
- Random stops in MumbaiAfter a very quick argument with my husband yesterday afternoon, not to mention a very hectic and tiring week before that, I decided to run away for a few hours from everything. "Tantrum" as he called it later. I called Posted by nabamita in Where Next? | Jul 15, 2013
- Crossing the Taj Mahal Off My Bucket ListWell folks, after 26 hours of the past 34 hours spent on a train fraught with rats in the car, cuddling with my backpack to prevent theft, and a couple of extremely rude individuals who between the two of them Posted by cmitt88 in Three Months in India | Jul 14, 2013
- Bollywood filming and lots and lots of rainChinese fishing nets
Chinese fishing nets (as shown in the picture) line the coast of fort Kochi where I was staying. There are massive, cleverly engineered, hand built structures made from wood (a good challenge for the scouts to build Posted by Venturediaries in Ashram's, Tigers and Curries | Jul 12, 2013
- Leh - Khardung La - LehAfter the problems I encountered at Chang La Pass, I was advised not to undertake today's journey to Khardung La Pass. But being defiant, I drank lots of water with electrolytes overnight and took some Diamox and set off with Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 11, 2013
- Pangong Lake - Changla Pass - LehI had been rather worried about sleeping at this altitude (4,350m / 14,270ft) as this is another first, but I needn’t have worried – I had the best sleep I've had since we arrived in Ladakh! David, on the other Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 10, 2013
- Leh - Spituk - Alchi - Likir - UleytokpoSoon after we went to bed last night the power went out, and didn't come back until 04:35 this morning. I know the exact time as I was awake most of the night, between the barking dogs, the temperature being Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 7, 2013
- Leh - Changla Pass - Pangong LakeI was awake from 03:00 this morning with congestion and generally feeling unwell. We scored a first at breakfast (in a day of firsts) – getting cold (rather than hot) milk for cornflakes! As we were waiting for the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 9, 2013
View over the lake
I arrived in Udaipur about 8 o'clock in the morning and decided to try and book my next onward train. It turns out that the rail connections to Udaipur are pretty Posted by t galtress in Wanderlust; it's a big old world | Jul 10, 2013
- Uleytokpo - Lamayuru – Leh (eventually)Initially this morning the road was nice and smooth and new, then turned into a rough dirt track. After a bad dream last night, in which I was pushed off a steep cliff, I felt uncomfortable on the steep sided Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 8, 2013
- HEC !!Adventure Tourism is the newest form of tourism where every traveler gets an opportunity to explore oneself and the possibilities of adventure activities. Manali has a lot of scope for hard core adventure, from rock climbing to canyoning, from ski Posted by Zenab Sandhu in Beyond Boundaries !! | Jul 10, 2013
- BombayI'll tell you what; I wouldn't want to be a girl travelling alone in India. I've never come across such widespread harassment and sexism before. I'm sure that Terrance was one of the more extreme examples of an Indian guy Posted by t galtress in Wanderlust; it's a big old world | Jul 9, 2013