- Goa - Sunday, 16 February 2014Slept in and woke up to the sound of whistles blowing and people yelling and clapping. There is a triathlon being conducted on the beach in front of us so the hotel had warned us yesterday that there might Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 17, 2014
- Tholpetty11/02 à 14/02
Nous avons commencé notre route avec Camilla et Marvin de Bylakuppe, qui se rendent à Kannur. A Kushalnagar, nous demandons notre route à un contrôleur qui nous dit que nous devons d'abord nous rendre à Ravijpet, où nous Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 15, 2014
- Bylakuppe09/02 à 10/02
Bylakuppe a été une pause dans la frénésie et l'activité des villes indiennes. Ce "petit" village de réfugiés tibétains, qui comprend 4000 personnes, est un havre de paix et nous fait sentir au Tibet plus qu'en Inde.
Les Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 10, 2014
- Mysore07/02 a 09/02
Aujourd'hui, nous sommes arrivés à l'auberge de jeunesse de Mysore. Elle est située un peu en dehors de la ville dans un quartier tranquille. La cuisine n'est pas accessible, mais nous trouvons un petit restaurant sympathique Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 10, 2014
- Bangalore05/02 a 06/02
Nous avons pris l'avion depuis Varanasi pour venir à Bangalore, l'Inde étant l'Inde, nos deux avions étaient en retard... ;P
Lorsque nous sommes arrivés à l'aéroport, nous avons tout de suite sentit une différence avec le Nor Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Feb 8, 2014
- India, Day OneHello All,
Well it must be about 40 hours with very little sleep but I am feeling wonderful. I have just been and had a facial, because nothing relaxes the soul like a bit of pampering (& at Indian prices). Posted by thorogoodsindia in 2014 trip to North India | Feb 16, 2014
- Gotta go to GoaA few posts ago, I made a statement declaring that I have found the chaos in India to be quite relaxing. Well, if that is the case, then I have entered into a comatose state! Immediately as we were leaving Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 16, 2014
- Goa - Saturday, 15 February 2014We had a good night's sleep and wandered down for a leisurely breakfast and sat outside near a pool. It was lovely.
Came back to our room and spent a bit of time on the loo (!) so decided to take Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 15, 2014
- Goa - Friday, 14 February 2014Happy Valentine's Day. Had a beautiful sleep in a fabulous bed with fabulous pillows. The temperature was perfect; in fact everything about this hotel is perfect. It is just lovely.
10.30 am start this morning for our guided tour of Goa Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 15, 2014
- Rid of rigid plans; run by unexpected ventureNamasteee erreone!
Continue to have great updates on this trip. Such a happening and lively place to be - Haven't a clue where I should start, nor if I'll remember all of the moments I've had worth sharing !
Classes (finally) Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 15, 2014
- Kochi to Goa - Thursday,13 February 2014Alarm went off at 5.00am, continental breakfast arrived at 5.15am and we were in the foyer at 5.55am for our transfer to the airport.
Diane and Lorraine are travelling to Goa with us and Fiona and Malcolm are staying in Mumbai Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 15, 2014
- Kochi - Wednesday, 12 February 2014Today we have two Scenic Free Choices to choose from. The first is shopping at the markets with Eugine's sisters for spices, vegetables, meat and fish and then going back to their home and watching them prepare the meal and Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 15, 2014
- History, Seafood and DramaWe are now at the end of our third destination. Fort Kochi, a fishing town popular with western tourists due to its interesting history, plays an important role in the layers of human culture in India.
The architecture is so Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 15, 2014
- JaipurAs we approached Jaipur on the 4-hour drive from Ranthambore a few more mountains started to penetrate the dead flat landscape we had seen so far. Manjeet, our driver asked if we wanted to see a monkey temple and Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Feb 14, 2014
- Kerala Backwaters to Kochi - Tuesday, 11 February 2014Woke up just before sunrise and went for a walk onshore to take some photos. It was cool and peaceful though the air air was heavy with humidity. Sunrise isn't until about 7am because we are in Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 12, 2014
- Traveller normsWe've been thinking this afternoon about this little things which we've noticed since entering India with our backpacks. The things we don't go into detail about in our other blog posts because they could go on forever.
Here is our Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 12, 2014
- Periyar Tiger Reserve to Kerala Backwaters - Mon 10 Feb 2014Left Thekedy for a two and a half hour drive down the mountain to join our houseboat for a night on the Kerala Backwaters. It was very windy and the driver was screeching around the corners and not long Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 11, 2014
- Periyar Tiger Reserve - Sunday, 9 February 2014Set the alarm for 6am and we all met in the restaurant for coffee and croissants prior to leaving at 7ish for a walk in the Periyar Tiger Reserve.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 11, 2014
- The backwatersAlleppey - the heart of Kerala's backwaters where we arrived via our first train journey. The train wasn't too bad, albeit the station was a little congusing. It was lovely to watch the sun come up over the breath taking Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 11, 2014
- Lessons learnt
Our time in Varkala is up and has taught us the basics of Indian culture. We are lucky to have met some lovely people who taught us some valuable lessons in avoiding being ripped off in India Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Feb 11, 2014
- Out and about in MumbaiOur room was described as an "ocean view" room. Yes, you can just see the ocean in the distance, but the name may have been slightly misleading. Perhaps algae infested swamp view may have been slightly more representative. Nevertheless, despite Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 10, 2014
- What do you mean there are no elephants on Elephanta Island?Well folks, we find ourselves back in Mumbai again...take two! Time for us to redeem ourselves a bit (or at least try to) in getting our Mumbai bucket list addressed.
We will be in Mumbai for a total of three Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Feb 9, 2014
- Discovering CamelsDo you know anything about camels? Uh, I knew like, um nothing. We took a risk and spent 3 days on a camel safari, meaning we relied on camels, our guide and the stars (under which we slept on the Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 9, 2014
- Madurai to Periyar Tiger Reserve - Saturday, 8 February 2014A little story from last night's dinner. The red onion salad consisted of red onion and mayonnaise and something else that I couldn't recognize. I asked Paula the tour guide and she didn't know. She asked Eugine and he Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 9, 2014
- WildIndiaOn a black and red rickety bus with the whole gang heading to Mysore's Bird sanctuary . Gard says it's the best he's seen in his fifty or so years of watching my least favourite animals :)...
My favourite parts of Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Feb 8, 2014