- Kaziranga Days...
Seems like I’m constantly playing catch up these days! Since my second visit to Kaz Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Continuing Love Affair with India! | Jul 22, 2014
- Terracotta HorsesOn Saturday morning we set off for Poshina. Poshina is in the north of Gujarat and is very near to the border with Rajasthan and was about a four hour drive. As we made our way down the roads we Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 21, 2014
- Theyyam in Northern KeralaLast night we awoke at 3 AM to attend a Theyyam, a local religious ceremony, native to this area of northern Kerala. There are many different kinds of Theyyam's, and each one held in a different community is somewhat unique. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 19, 2014
- Wild Asses The wifi is only available outside the office here and is very sporadic, so I thought I would do a quick blog whilst I had the opportunity.
Bill and Natalie are still in their rooms and will be over soon to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 18, 2014
- Bikaner - JaipurAs I wandered around the hotel grounds this morning taking photos, I was approached by one of the workers who offered to show me the “Tiger Room” (for some baksheesh of course). The Laxmi Niwas Palace is a quirky, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- Pols and wellsWe have done such a lot of things the last few days and we have limited wifi here, so I shall try and get it all down quickly, before I head for breakfast.
On Wednesday Bill and Natalie went on Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 17, 2014
The plan - Ride from Manali to Leh in one piece
The crew- Myself, Mukund and Nakul
Reached Manali around 11 am.
Got our cycle assembled & left towards Manali-Leh h Posted by svkashi in Rummages | Jul 17, 2014
- No - we're not crazy!Well, the news of our trip has led to mixed reactions from our friends. Some think it is a great opportunity and a chance to stretch our comfort zone a little farther. On the other hand, as you Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 16, 2014
- A day in BikanerI slept really well last night, it was rather nice to have a proper bed, in a cool room, with no sand-blasting and a private toilet nearby. Luxury! I have to say I pined for the cold shower of Dagri Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 4, 2014
- Thottada Beach, Kannur (Kerala, India)We have now been at this lovely beach resort for six days. Pramila, our friend and caretaker extraordinaire, left yesterday to return to Mumbai. The beach itself is completely undeveloped, although there are several guest houses that line Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 16, 2014
- The arrival of NatalieNatalie arrived In Mumbai about one o'clock in the morning and headed to a hotel near the airport. The next morning we had arranged to meet at India Gate at eleven o'clock. Our hotel was not too far away Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 15, 2014
- Dagri - Nagaur - Deshnok - BikanerI woke up with the rising sun and spotted a small herd of goats eyeing the sleeping westerners curiously. I thought it would make a very humorous photo with the caption: “The kids are watching us again”, so I very Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 3, 2014
- Goa, IndiaOur third day in India and we're getting a bit weary of the long days rushing from site to site. Our impulse was to stay on the ship, but who knows when we'll return to india, so we soldier Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 21, 2014
- Southern India & Teaching in the Himalayan Cultural SchoolArrived in Mumbai after an uneventful flight from Newark. This followed an aborted attempt to get to California for a wedding, when our flight was cancelled and others totally booked. Our friend Pramila, who has been so Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 14, 2014
- Pre-planning for IndiaSaturday, July 5, 2014
We get a call from a friend of my wife. She remembers my wife saying "if you ever go back to India, we'd love to go with you". So roll the clock forward eight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 13, 2014
- Mumbai, IndiaI was enchanted by Mumbai (re-named Bombay by the Portuguese and reverted to the original name when India gained independence from the British). It is like a combination of Paris and San Francisco in an alternate universe - familiar, Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 23, 2014
- Sikar - Dagri. The bride and groom come homeI slept all the way back from Sikar this morning, and apparently we narrowly missed a very nasty accident. Naryan's son, who was in one of the later cars, was telling us that a truck had hit a motorcycle and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- Good Bye!!!Our trip came to an end. We would like to thank you all for reading and supporting us throughout our journey! Now a new life chapter is awaiting us.. See you very soon!!!
Nasza podroz dobiegla konca. Chcielibysmy podziekowac wszystkim, ktorzy Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- Last Stop -MumbaiOur last destination - Mumbai, greeted us with the proper monsoon rains. Despite long train journey from Delhi (17 hours) we were feeling pretty energetic so on the first day we had a long walk around the area. Central Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- Stop over in DelhiWe went to Delhi because our train to Mumbai was departing from there. We didn't have much time to stay in Delhi so it was a quick a visit, we only stay for couple of days. At the beginning we Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- Ashram time
Our time in an ashram was really good and we were happy that despite the initial apprehension we decided to go back to Rishikesh for the third time and give it a go. Yoga Niketan Ashram is a place with Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Jul 12, 2014
- MumbaikarsThis hotel is lovely; unfortunately it is too lovely and we are struggling not to spend too much money here and failing, especially as the food is so good. Here. On Thursday when Bill went to the gym, I Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 12, 2014
- Dagri - the wedding ceremony in SikarI slept much better last night, probably as a result of sheer exhaustion. Looking around this morning, there seems to be people everywhere. It was estimated that around 1000 people attended yesterday's celebrations at some stage during the day, and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- MumbaiYesterday morning we were picked up from our hotel by a taxi to take us to the airport. The taxi driver had some real body odour issues and Bill tried to hold his breathe for most of the ninety minute Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jul 10, 2014
- New Mangalore, IndiaMangalore is the principal port in the state of Karnataka with the Arabian Sea to the west and the Western Ghats to the east. We had a fairly intense day as we immersed ourselves in Jainism, an ancient Indian Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 20, 2014