- Incredible IndiaThe well-chosen slogan from India's tourism authority sums it up in two words: Incredible India!
Delhi: A total assault of the senses from the minute you step out of the airport terminal even at 4AM. If there's one piece of Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | May 1, 2014
- Slumming itFor my last day in India I decided to join a PETE (providing education to everyone) guided walk in a Dehli slum. The living conditions are abhorrent but the people are amazing. Weaving through open sewer drains, foot wide alleys, Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 28, 2014
- Varanasi, Holy Cow!Early morning flight to Varanasi, the spiritual home of Hinduism. Situated on the sacred Ganges river, the holy city of Varanasi has a 4,500 year history it is said to be one of the oldest continually occupied cities in the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 26, 2014
- Disco palaces and a labyrinth of stares: women + IndiaAt last, Rajasthan! The land of elephants and camels, forts and palaces. As soon as we stored at our hotel I felt we were in a different world. We wandered into a reception that resembled the living room of a Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 18, 2013
- The Pink CityToday I explored the Rajasthan city of Jaipur, the 'Pink City'. When the Royal family visited Jaipur in the early 20th century a lot of the buildings within the old city walls were painted pink as a mark of welcome Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 25, 2014
- They don't like cricket.....................Oh no, they love it! More on that later.
Early start again this morning for sunrise at the Taj Mahal. I'm sure this is meant to be a time for peaceful reflection but not with this crowd. Pushing & shoving Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 24, 2014
- Indien, der Süden Teil 3
Unser nächstes Ziel war Pondicherry. Unterwegs kamen wir nicht nur an diesem schwerbepackten Wagen vorbei....
...sondern Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 22, 2014
- Life & DeathUp early this morning to attend the morning Aarti at the Hare Krishna IKSCON temple. Footwear needed to be removed and for the small fee of 20 INR you could guarantee my sandals would be there on my return and Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 23, 2014
- Alleppey & Cochin[See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Kovalam%20and%20Alleppey|here.]] . Password same as for the blog]
Alleppey is the home of the famous Keralan backwaters, a tropical Amsterdam or Venice, just wit Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 23, 2014
- Delhi: Sense it!Wow what a first day in India!
In the morning I visited the old Mughal sites Qutib Minar & Jama Mosjid mosque, both resplendent in their red sandstone & white marble architecture.
After a butter chicken lunch I spent the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 22, 2014
- Agra in 3 Days: "it is not allowed to paint the Taj Mahal"Finally, Agra - a place where we'd been told to 'be careful' as people would rob us in the street, a setting that I feared would be tourist-crazy, an ugly picture frame for spectators. We stayed in a hostel near Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 16, 2013
- Kovalam[See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Kovalam%20and%20Alleppey|here]]. Password same as for the blog]
The name Kerala means land of the coconut and you can tell why; bountiful palm trees fan out as far as the eye Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 21, 2014
- Indien, der Süden Teil 2
Auf unserer Weiterfahrt nach Mysore kamen wir an einem Kuhmarkt vorbei. Dieses Spektakel konnten wir uns natürlich nicht entgehen lassen! Es herrschte emsiger Betrieb....
[img=http://pho Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 18, 2014
- A Day in the Life of an American Volunteer School Teacher[center]A Day in the Life of an American Volunteer School Teacher[/center]
5:30am- I am awaken by pigeons on the roof rehearsing their tap routine. I roll my eyes and go back to sleep
6am - Grandma goes downstairs and rings the Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Apr 19, 2014
- Periyar[You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Periyar?sort=2&page=1|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog.]
It was nearly a three hour drive from the stunning scenery of Munnar to the forests, Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- Cochin & Munnar[You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Munnar?sort=2&page=1|here]]. Password is the same as the blog]
We arrived in Cochin in the middle of a tropical rain storm. Heavy, warm rain lashed down Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- JaipurRajasthan - Jaipur. April 6th.
[To see all the photos click [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/India/Jaipur|here]]. Password is the same as the one for the blog.]
Initial impressions of Jaipur weren't great - dirty, sme Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 19, 2014
- SOUL TRAVEL Part IIIAfter leaving Varanasi, I travelled 17 hours on yet another train to West Bengal to begin Part 3 of my Indian Soul Travel. India and I were back together and stronger than ever after a beautiful visit in Varanasi. Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Apr 19, 2014
- Indien, der Süden Teil 1
Indien hat sich zu meiner eigenen Überraschung ganz schön in mein Herz geschlichen und da ich seit dem letzten Besuch wirklich jeden Menschen indischer Herkunft sowie jeden hinduistischen Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 15, 2014
- Don't Lucknow... A man in an internet cafe claimed "there are so many things in Lucknow"; less encouragingly our Varanasi lodge owner told us “there is nothing in Lucknow”.
My answer is, "there is nothing in Lucknow, but you'll have an adventure getting Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 13, 2013
- Vaishnodevi - A unique spiritual experienceI had begun to delve into Spirituality in the year 2012 and I had received some confirmations about a possible trip to Vaishnodevi like all the others who receive their "calling" to visit the shrine, making it spiritually special. I Posted by sharmilamumbai9 in Sharmila's Travels | Apr 15, 2014
- A lifechanging experience on my birthday at PehelgamIt was my birthday and I woke up early at our hotel and got ready for the next day's trip. Our sub-group never thought it would be this lucky. We were to go up to the Lidder Valley at Pehelgam, Posted by sharmilamumbai9 in Sharmila's Travels | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 24 - Heading away from MumbaiChristine not feeling great, there is a bug flying around the ship and she has it. Sore throat and a cough, great! She also has a bit of a temperature which explains the hot flushes through the night. Oh well Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- Day 23 - MumbaiStay in bed as long as possible but be in the Palladium Theatre before 9.45 am that's the plan! We got on the Mumbai Sights & Shopping - yeah that will keep us out of trouble won't it?
Announcements this morning Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- What do you mean it's OVER!?!?What do you mean it's over!?
Guys... Today, April the ... Oh *gasp* I have to admit it -14th!! Why how when what does one mean by this date's manifestation on our itinerary, my iPad calendar, on our final. Exam. Schedule... Posted by Kenzinator in Planes trains rickshaws and camels:INDIA | Apr 14, 2014