- Day 6Bank card update; so my card is currently in Hong Kong. By the time I receive it, it’ll have more stamps on its passport than I do.
My forehead is the colour of a fres Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 56 on the RoadToday was my 56th day away from home. My family and I had another lovely day in Bali, Indonesia.
Sadly, no interesting birds were seen today except for a few JAVAN KINGFISHERS which flew over the villa in which I'm staying.
The Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 10, 2014
- Playing dress-up in BaliToday we explored the religious side to Bali. Bali is the only island in Indonesia in which its people practice Hinduism, not Islam. Everywhere you look there are temples, several per small village, some are privately located within Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 10, 2014
- Photo Update!The Elephant Park
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 5Things I’ve eaten/done that could possibly lead to diarrhea;
*brushed my teeth using tap water
*tasted every fruit I’ve walked by from food stalls on the side of the road
*eaten in small restaurants where the food/table was covered in ants
*played Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 6: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe checked out some Pura in Bedulu and Pejeng like Penataran Sasih, Pusering Jagat, Kebo Edan, and Samuan Tiga. There were some yoni/lingam and a cock fighting plaza. Samuan Tiga had huge trees and a river and no Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 5: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe went to the Elephant Safari Park in Taro. There're 21 elephants there which used to be working elephants in Sumatra, and four of them are babies. They had a lot of open space and jungle area to Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 4: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaI accidentally deleted what I typed, so this'll be short. Using an iPad as a computer has its pitfalls. Like using websites totally sucks. Anyway...
We hired a driver for a few days. A few bucks a Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 55: 3rd Full Day in BaliToday was my third full day on the paradise island of Bali, Indonesia.
We woke up bright and early for a personal, guided walking tour of the area near the villa in which we're staying. Our driver Marday led the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 9, 2014
- Taste of BaliThis morning we took a walk through the countryside with our trusty driver and tourguide Maday. We bushwacked our way through the fields and dense jungles, and forded a questionably clean stream. Our hike took us past pristine Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 54: Bali Birding Tour!Today my dad and I took a fantastic guided bird walk in the rice patty area near Ubud, the closest town to the villa in which we're staying.
We were dropped off by our driver shortly before nine o'clock in the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 8, 2014
- The Real BaliThis morning we split forces once again. Dave and Henry headed out on the Bali Bird Walk where they were guided around the rice paddies just outside of Ubud by Su, a friendly and knowledgeable local birding expert. Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 8, 2014
- Day 4I called my bank again. There’s no tracking number for my bankcard. They said there might be one produced after it’s already arrived. What is the use of a postal tracking code that isn’t issued when the package is sent? Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 7, 2014
- Relaxing in BaliThis villa that Sue found on homeaway.com has exceeded our wildest expectations. It is huge, authentically Balinese, in a fantastic location, and comes with staff: housekeeper/cook, driver, manager/tour planner. We didn't rent a house--we bought a vaca Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 6, 2014
- Java part III - Jakarta and a sorrowful Parting of the WaysOur onward destination from the temples was the metropolis that is Jakarta which would mark the parting of ways for our triumverate as Sarka and Jana had to return to Czechland whilst I would then head off into mainland SE Posted by RoystonBoyston in A Fool Overseas - Part II | Mar 7, 2014
- Day 53: First Full Day in Bali, IndonesiaToday my family and I spent the majority of our lazy day around the villa, swimming, resting, playing games, etc. It was an extremely relaxing and reviving day after an intense travel day yesterday. The weather was pleasant, also, with Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 7, 2014
- Day 52: The Definition of PerfectHello, this is the post for yesterday since my iPad ran out of power when I was trying to post.
Yesterday my family and I flew from Sydney, Australia to Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. It was a heck of a day, as Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 3: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaLet's see... Today we biked like 240398 miles. On bicycles. My butt area is not good now. But we went to the Antonio Blanco Museum which had a lot of naked Balinese girl paintings. We Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 3Bankcard update: talked to someone on the phone today who was much nicer and assured me they wouldn't have sent the card unless they were 100% sure it was going to reach me. Looking around... there is no way that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 1: Incheon, Korea -> Denpasar, Bali, IndonesiaWe sold or abandoned our last belongings. Great! Sending dozens of boxes across the Pacific sucks, and costs hundreds of dollars, so let's try to avoid as much of that as possible. We got to the bus Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 4, 2014
- Hi BaliOn our final ferry ride from Manly Beach to Sydney downtown. Did we ever claim to travel lightly?
Dave and Pearl have a favorite travel pastime: iPhone scrabble.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 2All my friends here have diarrhea. I’m worried it’s only a matter of time before I do too. After eating a delicious breakfast that was served in a leaf we traveled an hour to our next destination - Ubud. Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 5, 2014
- Bali in two townsSo on we headed to Bali - legendary paradise of Indonesia. It is the only Hindu part of the country, and it is strikingly obvious. In Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, we stayed in a homestay guesthouse - like Lombok, this Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Jah on HolidayOur stay in Lombok was really just a stop off on the way to the Gili's - three small beautiful islands set just off the north-west coast of Lombok, We were staying on Gili Trawangan (Gili T) - the supposed Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- The other KutaAfter the fun of Yogya, we headed on to Lombok - the first island of Nusa Tenggara. Lombok is easily accessible from Bali, but is really quite different in character - it is much much less developed, more villages and Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014