- Day 21This morning it was up bright and early at 4:30am (what is with this vacation and getting up early?!) to watch the sun rise over Kelimutu, an inactive volcano with three lakes sitting atop. The lakes are all strange colours Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 25, 2014
- Days 22-23: Palangkaraya, Kalimantan, IndonesiaJust took three flights to get to this next spot. Which took literally all day. And the first four hotels we tried all had no vacancy. And no one speaks any English. Uh oh.
And we Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 25, 2014
- Days 20-21: Mino, Flores, Indonesia We saw some big old stone structures where people would sacrifice animals in old ruins.
Wogo Lama Village Ruins Megaliths: 8
We were passing through Ende and saw all of our driver' Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 24, 2014
- Day 20Has it really been twenty days travel blog? … I smell like it’s been twenty days, but it doesn’t feel like it.
The drive this morning from Bajawa to Maumare was long, but there were plenty of stops to see Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 24, 2014
- I dragoni di KomodoRitornati a Yogyakarta abbiamo preso un aeroplanino tipo quelli che fanno Ginevra-Agno per volare sull'isola di Flores, e più esattamente a Labuan Bajo, piccola cittadina (in 10-15 minuti a piedi la si attraversa tutta) da cui partono molte delle gite Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 23, 2014
- Day 19Have you ever driven through the tropical mountains of Flores? Let me tell you all about it. Huge patches of unpaved, bumpy roads that twist and turn on a dime.Cliff edges that drop as far as the eye can Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 23, 2014
- FYIThat map at the top of the page shows where I am now, where I've been, and where I'm going next. You can zoom and stuff. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 18I’m in the town of Ruteng. It took 5 hours of driving along roads winding up and down mountains. Surprisingly I didn’t have to use any of the motion sickness medication I brought (and still yet to use any of Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 19: Bajawa, Flores, Indonesia We hired a driver/guide for the next three days. 'Bout 60 bucks/day. Not bad really, since going rate's about 90.
We went to a hill on the edge of town where we could see all of the Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 18: Ruteng, Flores, Indonesia So we (Paige, Mai, and Mike) hired a driver to show us around the next town. But first to get a bottle of arak. (Palm/rice wine made in a toilet or something. Fucking strong. And Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 13 - 17I had one rest day before I went on a 4 day/4 night cruise to Flores. I briefly stopped in a small museum which talked about the history and culture of Indonesia. The next morning it was up bright and Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 20, 2014
- Days 14-17: Flores Sea, IndonesiaWe're on a little boat with about 15 other kids. Most of them are French or French Canadian, but there're a couple Americans, too. Fun! We saw some dolphins. Good sign.
Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 20, 2014
- JAKARTA, INDONESIA
Greater Jakarta is among the world’s largest cities, with an estimated 28 million people. The area in and around Jakarta was part of a 4th century Sudanese kingdom, Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 19, 2014
- Day 13 - At sea moving away from Bali!Today there was a crossing the line ceremony around the Aquarius pool at the rear of
the ship and Christine was front and centre, well at the side but in the front row
close to the action. She considered moving Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 12 - BaliOh my goodness! Nothing could have truly prepared us for today. Firstly, trying to get off the ship by tender. We were told that there could be as much as a 2 and a half hour delay going ashore but Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 11 - At sea heading towards BaliAnother sea day and we are doing our usual routine, nothing exciting to report. For every day we are on board we pay £3.50 (approx AU$7) each for gratuities. Last night were advised that we could reduce the amount of Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 12A short boat ride in the sun (which felt like eternity with this sunburn) and non-air-conditioned bus ride (I thought for sure my back was going to stick to the leather seats and peel off when I sat up) and Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 16, 2014
- Day 11Today was the perfect day to go snorkelling. It was raining in the morning, but had totally cleared up by the time I’d made my way to the boat. The boat had glass bottom panels, which was neat. We spent Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 16, 2014
- Random notes on Bali-There are natural springs everywhere, so people just bathe in them. We drank some of the water, but how clean is it? It tasted fine. Everyone says to not drink it, but we'll be here a month, Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 12, 2014
- Days 12-13: Mataram, Lombok, IndonesiaWe woke up at 7:30AM to run to an arbitrary section of beach to wait for some dilapidated over-crowded longboat to take us back to the mainland of Lombok, the port at Bangsal. We rode a pony carriage to Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Days 10-11: Gili Trawangan, IndonesiaWe took a bus to Padangbai, then a boat to Lombok, then to Gili Trawangan (a little party island off of Lombok). We found our hotel without much trouble. It's nice. We took a little walk around Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Yogyakarta, Borobudur e PrambananCominciamo da Yogyakarta, che è stata la prima tappa sull'isola di Java e anche la meno entusiasmante. Dal minuscolo e decadente aeroporto – tanto per darvi un'idea, invece del classico tapis-roulant che distribuisce i bagagli c'erano alcune persone dedit Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 10After several calls to UPS (who told me I had to call my bank), my bank (who told me I had to call UPS, who then told me to call UPS Indonesia) and UPS Indonesia (I’m not sure what they Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 14, 2014
- Day 9With an hour of sleep I was up bright and early at 2am this morning to climb Mt Ganung Batur. We were dropped off at the base of the mountain at a coffee plantation. It’s one of those places that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 58: Last Full Day in Bali, Indonesia 😥Today was, as you can see, my last full day in the absolutely perfect island of Bali.
Before I expound on the day's events, I would just like to give a shout out to our fabulous staff at the villa Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 12, 2014