- The Homestay We left the Eco Travel cottages at 9 in the morning for our 2 hour hike to the homestay. On our way there we held a cameleon that we found drowing in the gutter we also saw a pig Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 9, 2015
- Loosing track of time..Well they took my yoga Matt off my backpack when I checked it and asked me to carry it on. So yoga sessions had to be held at all airports.
The flight from Newark to Tokyo was long but I Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 7, 2015
- Jungle trek Jungle trek in Bukit Lawang We have been doing lots of fun things in the jungle in Sumatra
1. The elephants.
It was 8 in the morning we were rushing about because we had to leave at 9 but we made it on time and we were Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 2, 2015
- What is that orange fuzzy creature oh its an Orangutan!We are now in Indonesia. When we first arived in Medan I though Medan was the crazyest city i have ever saw it had 5 million peple and the traffic was crazy it took us 3 hours to get across Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 27, 2015
- In search of the Great Apes-Gorilla, Chimpanzee & OrangutanIn the next few weeks I will be on a journey to Galapagos where Charles Darwin laid rest to his Theory of Evolution. As a son of a Zoologist, evolution was a much discussed subject around me. Before discussing my Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Jan 25, 2015
- Oli and Liza's Honeymoon in Bali!We really can’t wait to see you at our wedding and that really is the best gift you could give us. However we know many people like to offer a gift or donation to wish us well for married life Posted by LizaBrooks in Liza's Missions around the world | Jan 21, 2015
- Leaving BaliWell, we were due to fly from Bali to Lombok tomorrow. After a brief period we were then to fly on to Sumbawa besar but the 2nd leg of the journey has been cancelled by Wings Air. Perhaps it is Posted by alkiwi2015 in Travel 2014/15 | Jan 14, 2015
- Bali MarketsThe old markets in the main street in Ubud have recently been given a facelift , a refurbishment, but they still hold the biggest space and biggest cross section of produce and trinkets in Ubud . Its worth getting Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 27, 2014
- TEMPLES OF BALI - INDONESIA
On my last day in Indonesia I visited 2 temples. One very touristy, and the other unknown (my taxi driver didnt even know how to get to it). First, I hit up Tanah Lot Temple. This is p Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 23, 2014
- BaliI know I haven't even finished my SEP blogs... err coming up soon?
- Arrive evening
- have dinner
- Early rafting on Ayung r Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Dec 21, 2014
- Siedme zastavenie Matej sa stretáva s Blankou
Blanka je super. Okrem toho, že je modelka, je veľmi milá a rozumná. Pomohla mi nájsť lacné bývanie a spoznal som jej kamarátov. Blanka žije v Surabayi a študuje na darmasiswe. V Surabayi majú ponorku Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 19, 2014
- LOMBOK, INDONESIA
I am about to tell you about the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Ironically I can't remember the name of it, nor did I write it down in my journal, lol! Its located in the little vi Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 18, 2014
- Šieste zastavenie Matej spoznáva krásy Indonézie
Najprv Prambanan a potom Borobudur. Prambanan je veľký ale väčšina malých chrámov sa zrútila pri zemetrasení. Je to hindu chrám. Borobudur je budhistický a plný turistov. Trochu blbé je, že pre turistov majú špeciálne ce Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- Bali - A Few Days In...Gunung Merta Bungalows where we are staying is simply divine as you can see from the photos. It is a small family run guesthouse organised around a compound overflowing with fruit trees and tropical flowers. The breakfasts are fabulous but Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Dec 15, 2014
- Piate zastavenie Tak predsa to prišlo. Na každého to príde. Neviem čo som zjedol ale podozrievam smažený banán. Mám pocit že na ňom bol syr. Neviem ale čo presne to bolo. Večer v bare na couchsurfing meetingu to na mňa prišlo. Dvakrát. Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- Štvrté zastavenieVlado je super. Je zo Slovenska. Už 3 mesiace žije v Bandar Lampung. Vyzná sa v cenách a vie ako to tu funguje. Bez neho by ma ošklbali o peniaze. Chodí tu do školy. Študuje Indonézsky jazyk. Vie sa dohovoriť Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- UbudFor our last three days in Asia we left the coast behind and headed to Ubud, a lively little town inland on Bali. It's a really arty place, with loads of galleries and cafés and temples. Surrounded by mountains, farmland Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Dec 6, 2014
- The Future's Bright, The Future's........Alrrright Butts, its Jason it is! Only seems right to start with a Welsh-ism after all the perfect English grammar you poor folks have been subjected to.
We left Thailand to start the Sumatran leg of the tour after we Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Dec 6, 2014
- Goodbye to Gili TGoodbye to Gili T
I'm back at Scallywags on Gili Trewagan for a fifth and final night. The day has been clear, but as I sip my fresh coconut, a full moon illuminates the sky, though a white most rises over Posted by UnderOrangeSky in Around the World in Sustainable Ways | Dec 4, 2014
- Darčeky Pár ľudí som sa už pýtal ale možno na to zabudnem. Tak ak by ste niečo chceli, napíšte komentár. Všetko je tu mega lacné Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 2, 2014
- Tretie zastavenie Je tu free wifi ale skoro všetky sú pomalé ako cigán v robote.
Jedna sa dá používať. Nie je to nič moc ale lepšie než s drôtom do oka.
Chcel som si kúpiť sim kartu len sa mi nechce za Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 2, 2014
- Bali BluesArriving in Sanur on the southeast coast feels like most resorts in Florida. Traffic jam on the main street crammed with shops and restaurants and a beachfront with a path for cyclists and pedestrians in front of hotels lined up Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Nov 29, 2014
- Nusa LembonganOur journey from the Gilis to Nusa Lembongan, an island just off Bali, meant another potentially terrifying speedboat ride. We took the public boat from Gili Meno to Gili Air, had a nice swim there, and a small speed boat Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 27, 2014
- GilisMy brother Ben loves to tell the story of when we went diving in Mozambique. The instructor asked us to form a circle and to each give a diving signal. People gave the usual useful signs: 'ok', 'out of air', Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 24, 2014
- RinjaniThe walk up Gunung Rinjani, Indonesia's second tallest volcano, was like no other walk we had ever experienced. We were only a few hours in when I announced this was my favourite trip so far. Sarah said, "what better than Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 24, 2014