- Day 10: Gili Trawangan, IndonesiaWe took a bus to Padangbai, then a boat to Lombok then to Gili Trawangan (a little party island off of Lombok). We found our hotel without much trouble. It's nice. We took a little walk around Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Yogyakarta, Borobudur e PrambananCominciamo da Yogyakarta, che è stata la prima tappa sull'isola di Java e anche la meno entusiasmante. Dal minuscolo e decadente aeroporto – tanto per darvi un'idea, invece del classico tapis-roulant che distribuisce i bagagli c'erano alcune persone dedit Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 10After several calls to UPS (who told me I had to call my bank), my bank (who told me I had to call UPS, who then told me to call UPS Indonesia) and UPS Indonesia (I’m not sure what they Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 14, 2014
- Day 9With an hour of sleep I was up bright and early at 2am this morning to climb Mt Ganung Batur. We were dropped off at the base of the mountain at a coffee plantation. It’s one of those places that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 58: Last Full Day in Bali, Indonesia 😥Today was, as you can see, my last full day in the absolutely perfect island of Bali.
Before I expound on the day's events, I would just like to give a shout out to our fabulous staff at the villa Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 12, 2014
- Bali-ByeThis morning Dave and Henry took a rafting trip down the Telaga Waga River.
From the first moment in the raft on the class IV river, the float proved to be truly exh Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 9: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe woke up at 2AM to hike up Ganung Batur, one of the highest peaks in Bali. It's about 1.7km. It was a nice climb, and we kinda saw the sunrise. Kinda. There were some low-hanging Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 8: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaToday we took a silver class. The teacher gave us no instructions. Here's some silver, here's some tools, go. The entire class took a few hours. I wish the teacher told me to try something a bit easier for a Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 11, 2014
- Day 8Well I’m still not sick, which is sweet because I never bought travel insurance. I don’t know how long it takes to get sick in a country though. Should I still be careful? *Drinking a pint of tap water*
Today I Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 11, 2014
- Day 57: Crazy BirderToday was my penultimate full day in Bali, Indonesia. The morning and early afternoon was spent mainly relaxing and swimming at our villa, and then at 3 in the afternoon, our driver Made (pronounced Mardey) picked us up and my Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 11, 2014
- Indonesian name gameYou know that you've had plenty of family pool time when your 6-year-old starts playing make-believe "swim-up bar." We've had lots of pool time in Bali. Our villa and pool are just so fantastic that it's difficult to Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 11, 2014
- Day 7Today I didn’t want to wake up. Opening my eyes was painful. I’m sunburnt, my butt still hurts from biking and I'm covered in bug bites. I went to some galleries and temples in the morning, but the entire time Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 10, 2014
- Day 6Bank card update; so my card is currently in Hong Kong. By the time I receive it, it’ll have more stamps on its passport than I do.
My forehead is the colour of a fres Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 56 on the RoadToday was my 56th day away from home. My family and I had another lovely day in Bali, Indonesia.
Sadly, no interesting birds were seen today except for a few JAVAN KINGFISHERS which flew over the villa in which I'm staying.
The Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 10, 2014
- Playing dress-up in BaliToday we explored the religious side to Bali. Bali is the only island in Indonesia in which its people practice Hinduism, not Islam. Everywhere you look there are temples, several per small village, some are privately located within Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 10, 2014
- Day 7: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe went to some more temples. First, Pura Saraswati. Saraswati is the "patron saint" of Ubud since she's the goddess of learning and culture, and Ubud is the city of art. It was her holiday on Saturday, so Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 5Things I’ve eaten/done that could possibly lead to diarrhea;
*brushed my teeth using tap water
*tasted every fruit I’ve walked by from food stalls on the side of the road
*eaten in small restaurants where the food/table was covered in ants
*played Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 6: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe checked out some Pura in Bedulu and Pejeng like Penataran Sasih, Pusering Jagat, Kebo Edan, and Samuan Tiga. There were some yoni/lingam and a cock fighting plaza. Samuan Tiga had huge trees and a river and no Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 5: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe went to the Elephant Safari Park in Taro. There're 21 elephants there which used to be working elephants in Sumatra, and four of them are babies. They had a lot of open space and jungle area to Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 4: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaI accidentally deleted what I typed, so this'll be short. Using an iPad as a computer has its pitfalls. Like using websites totally sucks. Anyway...
We hired a driver for a few days. A few bucks a Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 55: 3rd Full Day in BaliToday was my third full day on the paradise island of Bali, Indonesia.
We woke up bright and early for a personal, guided walking tour of the area near the villa in which we're staying. Our driver Marday led the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 9, 2014
- Taste of BaliThis morning we took a walk through the countryside with our trusty driver and tourguide Maday. We bushwacked our way through the fields and dense jungles, and forded a questionably clean stream. Our hike took us past pristine Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 54: Bali Birding Tour!Today my dad and I took a fantastic guided bird walk in the rice patty area near Ubud, the closest town to the villa in which we're staying.
We were dropped off by our driver shortly before nine o'clock in the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 8, 2014
- The Real BaliThis morning we split forces once again. Dave and Henry headed out on the Bali Bird Walk where they were guided around the rice paddies just outside of Ubud by Su, a friendly and knowledgeable local birding expert. Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 8, 2014
- Day 4I called my bank again. There’s no tracking number for my bankcard. They said there might be one produced after it’s already arrived. What is the use of a postal tracking code that isn’t issued when the package is sent? Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 7, 2014