- Guest House Guest House
This human being is a guest house
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violent Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 3, 2015
- 24 hours, 1 layover, 2 planes, and a taxi drive. I made it. Hello loves! Update from abroad:
I left last night to begins my journey to Bali. My two amazing parents drove me to Newark airport IN THE SNOW! ( thank you so much!). I got there and found out my flight Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 3, 2015
- THE ISLANDS Throughout my week on the islands life was very different from what I am used too wether it be trees growing in water, hospitality service, types of transport, or a little wind gust putting the power out. I had to Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 1, 2015
- BUKIT PENNINSULAMy friend Trey and I journeyed down to the Bukit Penninsula in search of some surf.
The ride down was a bit tough with my stomach still aching from the day before but later in the afternoon is settled down. Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 26, 2015
- Bali Kite Festival soars to great heights
I timed my last visit to Bali specifically for this event. But, just like kites and wind, everything is unpredictable in this island paradise.
My research showed the Kite Festival is Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Feb 25, 2015
- Bali Background So I've realized after my visa nightmare post I've probably made bali sound so horrible. So here is just some background and history on the beautiful island that it is.
Bali is a tiny Hindu island, only about the Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 25, 2015
My time spent in Sanur became a bit less lonesome and disciplined and a bit more social. But It was all worth it. Big Pinapple backpackers was a great place to stay and make connections with friends from all over Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- VISA NIGHTMARE If you don't want to read all of this, basically;
If anyone is visiting Bali for over a month ever, make sure to plan a quick round trip ticket in the middle to a close destination of your choice or figure Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- So Many Spices Little did we know what we were getting ourselves into when we chose chicken over fish for the meal we were preparing as part of our culinary tour of Samosir Island. Our trip to the market ended up with Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 12, 2015
The first few days in BalinI have been staying in an area called Seminyak. Although very close to the ever forbidden Kuta that everyone tells me to stay away from, Seminyak has been just touristy enough that it's good Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 9, 2015
- Patience I arrived 6 am feb 7th. Shared a cab with a new friend after bartering with the taxi drivers at the airport and got dropped off at my place. I had forever been thinking I arrive February 8th and Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 8, 2015
- The Homestay We left the Eco Travel cottages at 9 in the morning for our 2 hour hike to the homestay. On our way there we held a cameleon that we found drowing in the gutter we also saw a pig Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 9, 2015
- Loosing track of time..Well they took my yoga Matt off my backpack when I checked it and asked me to carry it on. So yoga sessions had to be held at all airports.
The flight from Newark to Tokyo was long but I Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 7, 2015
- Jungle trek Jungle trek in Bukit Lawang We have been doing lots of fun things in the jungle in Sumatra
1. The elephants.
It was 8 in the morning we were rushing about because we had to leave at 9 but we made it on time and we were Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 2, 2015
- What is that orange fuzzy creature oh its an Orangutan!We are now in Indonesia. When we first arived in Medan I though Medan was the crazyest city i have ever saw it had 5 million peple and the traffic was crazy it took us 3 hours to get across Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 27, 2015
- In search of the Great Apes-Gorilla, Chimpanzee & OrangutanIn the next few weeks I will be on a journey to Galapagos where Charles Darwin laid rest to his Theory of Evolution. As a son of a Zoologist, evolution was a much discussed subject around me. Before discussing my Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Jan 25, 2015
- Oli and Liza's Honeymoon in Bali!We really can’t wait to see you at our wedding and that really is the best gift you could give us. However we know many people like to offer a gift or donation to wish us well for married life Posted by LizaBrooks in Liza's Missions around the world | Jan 21, 2015
- Leaving BaliWell, we were due to fly from Bali to Lombok tomorrow. After a brief period we were then to fly on to Sumbawa besar but the 2nd leg of the journey has been cancelled by Wings Air. Perhaps it is Posted by alkiwi2015 in Travel 2014/15 | Jan 14, 2015
- Bali MarketsThe old markets in the main street in Ubud have recently been given a facelift , a refurbishment, but they still hold the biggest space and biggest cross section of produce and trinkets in Ubud . Its worth getting Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 27, 2014
- TEMPLES OF BALI - INDONESIA
On my last day in Indonesia I visited 2 temples. One very touristy, and the other unknown (my taxi driver didnt even know how to get to it). First, I hit up Tanah Lot Temple. This is p Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 23, 2014
- BaliI know I haven't even finished my SEP blogs... err coming up soon?
- Arrive evening
- have dinner
- Early rafting on Ayung r Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Dec 21, 2014
- Siedme zastavenie Matej sa stretáva s Blankou
Blanka je super. Okrem toho, že je modelka, je veľmi milá a rozumná. Pomohla mi nájsť lacné bývanie a spoznal som jej kamarátov. Blanka žije v Surabayi a študuje na darmasiswe. V Surabayi majú ponorku Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 19, 2014
- LOMBOK, INDONESIA
I am about to tell you about the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Ironically I can't remember the name of it, nor did I write it down in my journal, lol! Its located in the little vi Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 18, 2014
- Šieste zastavenie Matej spoznáva krásy Indonézie
Najprv Prambanan a potom Borobudur. Prambanan je veľký ale väčšina malých chrámov sa zrútila pri zemetrasení. Je to hindu chrám. Borobudur je budhistický a plný turistov. Trochu blbé je, že pre turistov majú špeciálne ce Posted by matejferenc in Indo 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- Bali - A Few Days In...Gunung Merta Bungalows where we are staying is simply divine as you can see from the photos. It is a small family run guesthouse organised around a compound overflowing with fruit trees and tropical flowers. The breakfasts are fabulous but Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Dec 15, 2014