- Awesome AirI think the title says it all but we had a great time on Gili Air so much so that we ended up extending our stay TWICE...and here's why...
Packed again we trundled down the road to the harbour to Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 10, 2013
- PARQUE NACIONAL TANJUNG PUTING===Indonesia es un país tan grande y con tanta naturaleza que explorar, que nos harían falta muchos meses más para poder ver todo. Nos pusimos a investigar un poquito y leimos que existe un parque nacional en medio de la Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | May 9, 2013
- Bye Bali, Hello Gilli T!We woke up to a gorgeous morning, and popped down to the beach to wave goodbye to Mount Agung before heading to catch the morning boat to Gili Trewangan.
We'd Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 7, 2013
- Liberty WreckThe next day after Uluwatu we left Jimbaran to make our way to Amed on the East of Bali so we could try out the wreck dive which we heard about during our stay on Mabul island. USAT Liberty was Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 7, 2013
- Fire dancing at UlawatuSomehow we had managed not to see any of the traditional dances whilst in Ubud, despite several shows being on throughout the week! So when we heard that it was possible to see Kecak fire dancing at Uluwatu temple, located Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 4, 2013
- A jaunt to JimbaranEager to escape Kuta we managed to dodge the 'taxi touts' outside our hotel that would clearly rip us off and much to their annoyance we flagged down a bluebird taxi to take us south to Jimbaran. By going with Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 3, 2013
- What a load of Kuta! With a fondness for Ubud we knew it would be tricky to top but going to Kuta really was not the best place for our next destination.
Imagine every place you have been too off Spain that caters for the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 3, 2013
- Bali, the Gilis and UbudAt Padang Bai we are collected at 8:30am and walk to collect our ticket and are again pushed to buy a return ticket. The jetty is busy with passengers taking one of the 5 different fast boats to the islands, Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Apr 29, 2013
- Java to BaliOn to Bromo
We have booked transport to Bali via the mighty volcano of Bromo. 2 days of travel on the congested roads, but while the bus journeys are fairly ghastly, the nature is overwhelming. The first day sees us leaving Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Apr 29, 2013
- Pretty Meets Trashy===I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts.=== It’s based on a book about a woman trying to find herself traveling to three different countries, and Bali is one of them. I only saw Posted by smweaver24 in Wooden Nickels | Apr 29, 2013
- Indonesia: Java - Jakarta to YogyaAt KL we have a 3 hour wait, which expands to 5 hours. The plane though is rather superior and soon we are happily watching movies and tucking into a very delicious meal and a glass of wine! We land Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Apr 28, 2013
- Time to move on...Ubud had really become our home from home. After 2 weeks of being here and emersing ourselves in the area and making friends it would be really hard for us to leave but there was a niggling feeling that we Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 28, 2013
- Bali Eco Cycling tour During our BAWA volunteering we had the weekend free which worked out well. Having a break from the sights, smells and sounds of the clinic was appreciated as it is a lot to take in for two days on the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 28, 2013
- Volunteering at BAWAOur week volunteering at BAWA was a whirlwind that we got completely swept up in. It is definitely up there with some most challenging and rewarding weeks of our travels so far and had a big effect on us. It Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 26, 2013
- Mischievous MacaquesOur week of Yoga had been pretty regimented in terms of schedule as we wanted to immerse ourselves in it as well as slow down a bit during our downtime. It wasn't till the last few days that we ventured Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 24, 2013
- Discovering BAWAAs mentioned previously we were keen to do some volunteering in this last leg of our travels. I think that after travelling for so long both of us were missing that sense of being part of something, rather than move Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 23, 2013
- I ve got no idea what's going on...have you?Since we began planning our trip (which seems such a long time ago now) I was keen to see a shadow puppet show. As well as being genuinely intrigued by this form of art & culture I think this was Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 20, 2013
- NamasteLearning yoga was something we had toyed with when thinking about things we could do when we were away and having met Ines on the Kinabatangen river trip and getting a recommendation from her it definitely inspired us to head Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 19, 2013
- IndonesiaI began my journey east on a thirty hour public ferry from Lombok to Flores. The boat was dirty but better than expected. Either that or I was becoming more accustomed to the punishing travel in Indonesia. Ekonomi class decks Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Apr 17, 2013
- Bali My initial decision to leave Koh Tao was greatly influenced by my inability to continue diving. After falling in love with the sport – enough to become an instructor – I found an old injury putting a dent in my Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Apr 12, 2013
- Beautiful BaliWhat a great first impression! Within minutes of landing at the airport we were fascinated by this new place which felt so different but was so welcoming it was like visiting a long lost friend.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508470/90_E3770CD0 Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 12, 2013
- Laidback Friends in Volatile LandscapesAs my plane took off from Pontianak airport in Borneo enroute to Jakarta I was a little sad be leaving the big island but content with the experience. After three weeks in Borneo, my taste for remote adventure and raw Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Apr 8, 2013
- Pop Push-bike in PangandaranStrangely I didn't feel too scared when the hissing, pissed off cobra swayed in my direction. That was of course until the handler turned his back....................
Reluctantly we left Sumatra, equal parts welcoming, exhilarating and stunning. The Posted by gavinbose in All YOU CAN SEE ASIAN BUFFET | Apr 8, 2013
- Sulawesi - IndonesiaWARNING: SOME PICTURES SHOWN BELOW MAY BE CONSIDERED TO BE OF A VIOLENT OR GRUESOME NATURE
Growing up in England, we've become particularly accustomed to banal small talk with strangers - it did not take us long to realize that the Posted by ShaunYardley in Planes, trains & the occasional tuk-tuk | Apr 1, 2013
- Escape to BaliTraveling with your family teaches you a lot. Spending 24x7 with your spouse and kids, sharing a single bedroom at times, dealing with the stress of getting to the airport or catching that bus, trying to come to a Posted by noahv in The Journey is the Reward | Mar 27, 2013