- It’s not always paradise …Yes, we are in Indonesia, and yes, that must be amazing, but there are times (especially in Indonesia) when we wouldn’t mind having a job and a life with some structure. Travelling is hard work. It’s very rewarding but it’s Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 20, 2016
- Bali the second time
After seeing Indonesia a bit more, we decided to give Bali a second chance. Maybe it’s not so bad after all. We stayed at the very touristy area at Jimbara, very close to the airport. It was a good hotel Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 18, 2016
- From Ende to Labuanbajo
In Ende we didn’t do much. Tried to plan a bit ahead, had a wild chase to find bananas (nobody was selling them …) and ate at a very nice dinner place (they had home-made noodels and took pride of Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 15, 2016
- Flores (around Maumere)
The trip didn’t start off that good. The flight was ok (almost on time, with just one unnoticed gate change). We managed to get to our accommodation at the bungalows 30km out of Maumere with a super loud bemu, which Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 8, 2016
- 2014 - 15th JUNE – 25th JUNE ~ BANDA ACEH ~ PULAU WEH ~KL
==BANDA ACEH - TSUNAMI AND SHARIA LAW==
Banda Aceh is a province on the far north western tip of Sumatra. It became known worldwide when the area was totally devastated by the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami. Over one hundred thousa Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- Indonesia - First stop: Bali
First thoughts: Get me out of here! In other words, not very impressed. Why not? Well:
* The tap water is not even good enough to brush your teeth with.
* The streets are so busy with cars and especially Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 5, 2016
- 2014 - 3rd MAY - 17th MAY ~ INDONESIA ~ WEST PAPUA
Hi everyone. We eventually made it to Kuala Lumpur.
[b][float=left][img=http://photos.travellers Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- March 3 - SEMARANG, INDONESIA
Early this morning we arrived on the north coast of Java (we are still in Indonesia) and made our way through the city Semarang and low land rice paddies and villages. Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 4, 2016
- 2014 -18th - 25th MAY ~ INDONESIA ~ BALI
==SUNDAY, MAY 18, 2014==
[float=right][/float]The following day we were still in Sorong and went upstairs for breakfast. Toas Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- March 1 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 2
Leaving the royal temple, we walked back to our bus to continue our tour, surrounded by interesting photo ops.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/863CAB Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 3, 2016
- March 1 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 1
Ed and I escorted two very different-all day tours today - Ed got the one with the scary dancers!
It Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 3, 2016
- 2014 - 10th JUNE –15th JUNE~ LAKE TOBA
==OUR DAY OF REST – BUT NOT IN THE EVENING==
[float=right][/float]Lake Toba is 100 km long and 30 km wide and 505 meters deep Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- 2014 - 2nd JUNE - 1Oth JUNE ~ KETAMBE ~ BERASTAGI
==TUESDAY, JUNE 3, 2014==
==10 HOURS IN A TAXI==
For some unknown reason our sleep was disturbed a few times with calls from the hotel reception on the telephone (see sometimes we stay in a posher room). We Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- 2014 - 26th MAY - 1st JUNE ~ WEST SUMATRA
==MONDAY, MAY 26, 2014==
We left behind the tourist hotspot of Bali in search of the real Indonesia of West Sumatra. We said farewell to Kadek and took the taxi he arranged for us, to the airport. The driver seemed only Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- Ubud - BaliDisembarked the ship at 9am and got a taxi with Deb, Chris and Carol to Ubud. Staying at the Amoya Inn which seemed to be part of a temple, very cute, great room at a reasonable price. We went to Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 28 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 2
Bali's allure brings many international visitors; yet simple country life continues outside of the cities and resorts.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/9226 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 28 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 1
We are in mythical, mystic Bali for 3 days. One of Indonesia's smallest islands, Bali is home to 3 million Balinese, more than 90% of whom are Hindu. Temples ar Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 27 - KOMODO ISLAND, INDONESIA
We are anchored far from shore near Komodo Island, but these boys are strong paddlers.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/B397F9A3C03D945A1BB5DB4057FA4C Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Feb 28, 2016
- Indonesia 2The capital of Sulawesi is Makassar in which I arrived in the evening after a flight from Labuan Bajo and a three hour stop-over in Denpassar, Bali. To put it politely, Makassar, which is huge with a population of 1.5 Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Feb 23, 2016
- They called her Angel....Bali part 2[center][/center]
The final day of our mini trip to Bali was upon us. We only had 3 full days and part of Sunday, bu Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 19, 2016
- Les poissons et coraux à BaliCela fait déjà 1 mois que nous ne sommes plus en Indonésie, le temps passe vite mais voici des photos en vrac pour vous donner envie d'y aller et faire du snorkeling ou de la plongée.
Aux mois de Décembre et Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 18, 2016
- Days 85 to 89 - AmedPetite ville côtière, pleine de Français en saison haute (mais ça, on ne le savait pas avant de venir). Heureusement pour nous c’est très calme, les Australiens sont rentrés de vacances et il n’y a pas grand monde.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- Days 82 to 84 - UbudNous arrivons à Ubud vers 16h. Il y a des embouteillages partout : les rues sont perpendiculaires à la rue principale et chacune d’elle va dans une vallée sans donner l’accès ou presque aux autres.
Le chauffeur du mini-bus nous Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- The hike that nearly made headlines...[center][/center]
The plan was a quick getaway weekend to an island 'resort'. ( it was really just a simple little place on a middle of nowhere patch of sand, quite reasonably priced) J Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 16, 2016
- The Campuhan Ridge Walk.After a prompt start to the morning we decided to walk the Campuhan Ridge Walk so got a lift down the hill to the old bridge where the walk began just as it started to rain. It didn't last long Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016