- Indonesia - Part 1 of 4: Island of Java
==Indonesia & The Island of Java==
The Republic of Indonesia is an archipelago comprising 13,466 islands with about 900 or so of them inhabited. We visited only four!!!... a very sma Posted by janejoe in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei & Indonesia | Apr 10, 2014
- Nightmare to SengigiThis trip was a nightmare and took far too long. It started easily enough, we got a public bus from Kuta to Batubulan bus terminal, but after that, that's where the nightmare begins....
As soon as we stepped off the bus Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Apr 9, 2014
- Intro to Indonesia
Rice paddies, volcanoes, white sand beaches, exotic animals, smiling faces and laughing children are part of every day life here. Welcome to Indonesia, the massive archipelago of around 17,000 i Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Mar 26, 2014
- IndonesiaMe reiste fra australia med litt blanda følelsa, men det gjekk fort over når me kom fram til hotellet vårt.. Det låg langt utafor byen me hadde tenkt, men det var utruleg fint! Veldig kontrass mellom 8 mannsrom og 5stjerners Posted by Hilkris in Australia/Asia 2014 | Apr 7, 2014
- Day 28 & 29It's been raining on and off pretty hard for the last few days. torrential downpour one moment, and full sun the next. When it's pouring rain in a thunderstorm you look across the street and it's blue skye. Strange. Climbed Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 3, 2014
- BaliBali. Come descrivere Bali e più in generale le impressioni e le riflessioni che l'Indonesia suscita in un turista europeo? La difficoltà sta soprattutto nei nostri sentimenti contrastanti nei confronti di questo paese. Un paese in cui abbiamo visto Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Apr 1, 2014
- Days 27-28: Pontianak, Kalimantan, IndonesiaWe hired a tiny wooden Batman boat to take us around the river. There were all kinds of huge tankers and liners. We went through tiny canals where people built streets on the water. The people in Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 1, 2014
- Days 24-26: Tanjung Puting National Park, Kalimantan, Indon.We hired a boat with crew, guide, and cook for a few days to take us down the Sungai Sekonyer River and into the park. We were walking around, and we found four orang-utans. A big male was Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 1, 2014
- Day 26 & 27Here are the bird-eating spider and glow-in-the-dark mushrooms we found on our night trek;
Our last day was spent floa Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 1, 2014
- Passing to the West of BorneoAnother day at sea, another beautiful sunrise as we sailed West-NorthWest with Borneo to our starboard. At the behest of one of the head-waiters we decided to try the dinning room for breakfast. Times are 07:00 to 08:30 Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Mar 31, 2014
- Day 22 - 25I'm so afraid of flying. The thought of falling from the sky in a tin can, my last minute of life spent screaming and most likely on fire, terrifies me. I'm pretty sure every hour spent on a plane takes Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 31, 2014
- Sailing NorthWestward Between Bali and LambokDawn broke as we sailed between islands in the Indonesian Archipelago, the humidity was high and haze covered the horizon. The sunrise painted layers along the horizon. Enjoyed our breakfast on Deck 9 and snapped some images of Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Mar 29, 2014
- Komodo Island, IndonesiaAn early breakfast after a delightful sunrise as we approached the island of Komodo in Indonesia. The tenders were launched on a flat calm sea and we assembled in the Cabaret Lounge for our shore excursion. Only individuals Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Mar 29, 2014
- Northwest Across the Indian OceanAnother perfect morning with a spectacular sunrise to awaken the senses. Enjoyed breakfast on the open deck again until forced inside by a blindingly brilliant sun. Filled in some time on the port side of Deck 5 and Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Mar 27, 2014
- Westward Across the Timor SeaSince we left Darwin the sea has been mirror-smooth with barely a ripple to disturb the surface. There were enough clouds to the East to provide for a spectacular sunrise. After a show like that it is difficult Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Mar 27, 2014
- Day 21This morning it was up bright and early at 4:30am (what is with this vacation and getting up early?!) to watch the sun rise over Kelimutu, an inactive volcano with three lakes sitting atop. The lakes are all strange colours Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 25, 2014
- Days 22-23: Palangkaraya, Kalimantan, IndonesiaJust took three flights to get to this next spot. Which took literally all day. And the first four hotels we tried all had no vacancy. And no one speaks any English. Uh oh.
And we Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 25, 2014
- Days 20-21: Mino, Flores, Indonesia We saw some big old stone structures where people would sacrifice animals in old ruins.
Wogo Lama Village Ruins Megaliths: 8
We were passing through Ende and saw all of our driver' Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 24, 2014
- Day 20Has it really been twenty days travel blog? … I smell like it’s been twenty days, but it doesn’t feel like it.
The drive this morning from Bajawa to Maumare was long, but there were plenty of stops to see Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 24, 2014
- I dragoni di KomodoRitornati a Yogyakarta abbiamo preso un aeroplanino tipo quelli che fanno Ginevra-Agno per volare sull'isola di Flores, e più esattamente a Labuan Bajo, piccola cittadina (in 10-15 minuti a piedi la si attraversa tutta) da cui partono molte delle gite Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 23, 2014
- Day 19Have you ever driven through the tropical mountains of Flores? Let me tell you all about it. Huge patches of unpaved, bumpy roads that twist and turn on a dime.Cliff edges that drop as far as the eye can Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 23, 2014
- FYIThat map at the top of the page shows where I am now, where I've been, and where I'm going next. You can zoom and stuff. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 18I’m in the town of Ruteng. It took 5 hours of driving along roads winding up and down mountains. Surprisingly I didn’t have to use any of the motion sickness medication I brought (and still yet to use any of Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 19: Bajawa, Flores, Indonesia We hired a driver/guide for the next three days. 'Bout 60 bucks/day. Not bad really, since going rate's about 90.
We went to a hill on the edge of town where we could see all of the Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014
- Day 18: Ruteng, Flores, Indonesia So we (Paige, Mai, and Mike) hired a driver to show us around the next town. But first to get a bottle of arak. (Palm/rice wine made in a toilet or something. Fucking strong. And Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 22, 2014