- Day 55: 3rd Full Day in BaliToday was my third full day on the paradise island of Bali, Indonesia.
We woke up bright and early for a personal, guided walking tour of the area near the villa in which we're staying. Our driver Marday led the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 9, 2014
- Taste of BaliThis morning we took a walk through the countryside with our trusty driver and tourguide Maday. We bushwacked our way through the fields and dense jungles, and forded a questionably clean stream. Our hike took us past pristine Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 54: Bali Birding Tour!Today my dad and I took a fantastic guided bird walk in the rice patty area near Ubud, the closest town to the villa in which we're staying.
We were dropped off by our driver shortly before nine o'clock in the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 8, 2014
- The Real BaliThis morning we split forces once again. Dave and Henry headed out on the Bali Bird Walk where they were guided around the rice paddies just outside of Ubud by Su, a friendly and knowledgeable local birding expert. Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 8, 2014
- Day 4I called my bank again. There’s no tracking number for my bankcard. They said there might be one produced after it’s already arrived. What is the use of a postal tracking code that isn’t issued when the package is sent? Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 7, 2014
- Relaxing in BaliThis villa that Sue found on homeaway.com has exceeded our wildest expectations. It is huge, authentically Balinese, in a fantastic location, and comes with staff: housekeeper/cook, driver, manager/tour planner. We didn't rent a house--we bought a vaca Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 6, 2014
- Java part III - Jakarta and a sorrowful Parting of the WaysOur onward destination from the temples was the metropolis that is Jakarta which would mark the parting of ways for our triumverate as Sarka and Jana had to return to Czechland whilst I would then head off into mainland SE Posted by RoystonBoyston in A Fool Overseas - Part II | Mar 7, 2014
- Day 53: First Full Day in Bali, IndonesiaToday my family and I spent the majority of our lazy day around the villa, swimming, resting, playing games, etc. It was an extremely relaxing and reviving day after an intense travel day yesterday. The weather was pleasant, also, with Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 7, 2014
- Day 52: The Definition of PerfectHello, this is the post for yesterday since my iPad ran out of power when I was trying to post.
Yesterday my family and I flew from Sydney, Australia to Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. It was a heck of a day, as Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 3Bankcard update: talked to someone on the phone today who was much nicer and assured me they wouldn't have sent the card unless they were 100% sure it was going to reach me. Looking around... there is no way that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 1: Denpasar, Bali, IndonesiaWe sold or abandoned our last belongings. Great! Sending dozens of boxes across the Pacific sucks, and costs hundreds of dollars, so let's try to avoid as much of that as possible. We got to the bus Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 4, 2014
- Hi BaliOn our final ferry ride from Manly Beach to Sydney downtown. Did we ever claim to travel lightly?
Dave and Pearl have a favorite travel pastime: iPhone scrabble.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 2All my friends here have diarrhea. I’m worried it’s only a matter of time before I do too. After eating a delicious breakfast that was served in a leaf we traveled an hour to our next destination - Ubud. Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 5, 2014
- Bali in two townsSo on we headed to Bali - legendary paradise of Indonesia. It is the only Hindu part of the country, and it is strikingly obvious. In Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, we stayed in a homestay guesthouse - like Lombok, this Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Jah on HolidayOur stay in Lombok was really just a stop off on the way to the Gili's - three small beautiful islands set just off the north-west coast of Lombok, We were staying on Gili Trawangan (Gili T) - the supposed Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- The other KutaAfter the fun of Yogya, we headed on to Lombok - the first island of Nusa Tenggara. Lombok is easily accessible from Bali, but is really quite different in character - it is much much less developed, more villages and Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Day 1Up at 5:30am to get ready for 15 hours of traveling with one five hour stop over. The travel to Incheon airport was fine. That airport is one of the best I’ve ever been to, comfy with lots of Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 4, 2014
- Welcome to the Jungle - Borneo, IndonesiaFor October break, I travled to Indonesia with Darby, Maggie and Dani.
- fly to Jakarta thru Hong Kong (Cathay pacific)
- stay close to hotel at FM7 resort hotel
- dinner at hotel (delicious Avacodo smoothie and Nasigoreng - classic Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Oct 27, 2013
- Benoa, Bali, IndonesiaAs we awoke this morning the ship had already entered Indonesian waters and was slowly approaching the coast of the popular island of Bali which is one of 1700 islands making up the country of Indonesia. By 7:00 am we Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 28, 2014
- Skanking, stupas and the Indonesian paparazziAfter the peace, quiet and excitement of Bukit Lawang, our next stop was the cultural centre of Yogyakarta (pronounced sort of like Djogdjakarta), or Yogya for short. Situated in central Java, Yogya is not a huge city, but can claim Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Feb 16, 2014
- Singapore and Bali fantastic experienceThank you to every one who has posted comments we hope you are still enjoying the reading and sorry this is so long.
Well we landed in Singapore after a 10 plus hour flight from johanasburg at about 0600 am, managed Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Feb 14, 2014
- Destination: volcano
We hired a driver for the day........He told us his name was Gusti, and he was coordinated by the Conrad Hilton in Nusa Dua where we stayed. He was excellent and instantly got a feel f Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 11, 2014
- The day "cruise"
===We definitely should have paid attention to the fact that the description on the brochures used the word 'adventure' twice, and referenced safety.===
For our Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 11, 2014
- Into the jungleNext stop from Singapore was a worlf away, we were heading to Sumatra - the northern-most main island in Indonesia, and specifically to Bukit Lawang, a little town by the Taman Nasional Gunung Leuser, famous for one very special thing: Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Feb 7, 2014
- Bali.....Day 1...At the Beach
We step off the plane in Bali, after 10:00PM at night, and it is still sticky, humid, quite tropical. Much more so than Singapore, and the first time I stepped off the plane there I thou Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 5, 2014