- Day 3: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaLet's see... Today we biked like 240398 miles. On bicycles. My butt area is not good now. But we went to the Antonio Blanco Museum which had a lot of naked Balinese girl paintings. We Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 3Bankcard update: talked to someone on the phone today who was much nicer and assured me they wouldn't have sent the card unless they were 100% sure it was going to reach me. Looking around... there is no way that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 1: Incheon, Korea -> Denpasar, Bali, IndonesiaWe sold or abandoned our last belongings. Great! Sending dozens of boxes across the Pacific sucks, and costs hundreds of dollars, so let's try to avoid as much of that as possible. We got to the bus Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 4, 2014
- Hi BaliOn our final ferry ride from Manly Beach to Sydney downtown. Did we ever claim to travel lightly?
Dave and Pearl have a favorite travel pastime: iPhone scrabble.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 6, 2014
- Day 2All my friends here have diarrhea. I’m worried it’s only a matter of time before I do too. After eating a delicious breakfast that was served in a leaf we traveled an hour to our next destination - Ubud. Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 5, 2014
- Bali in two townsSo on we headed to Bali - legendary paradise of Indonesia. It is the only Hindu part of the country, and it is strikingly obvious. In Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, we stayed in a homestay guesthouse - like Lombok, this Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Jah on HolidayOur stay in Lombok was really just a stop off on the way to the Gili's - three small beautiful islands set just off the north-west coast of Lombok, We were staying on Gili Trawangan (Gili T) - the supposed Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- The other KutaAfter the fun of Yogya, we headed on to Lombok - the first island of Nusa Tenggara. Lombok is easily accessible from Bali, but is really quite different in character - it is much much less developed, more villages and Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Day 2: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe slept, woke up, we ate breakfast. It came in a leaf. We were picked up and driven an hour away to our next hostel. Our room overlooks beautiful rice paddies. Our first mission was for Paige to pull out Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 5, 2014
- Day 1Up at 5:30am to get ready for 15 hours of traveling with one five hour stop over. The travel to Incheon airport was fine. That airport is one of the best I’ve ever been to, comfy with lots of Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 4, 2014
- Welcome to the Jungle - Borneo, IndonesiaFor October break, I travled to Indonesia with Darby, Maggie and Dani.
- fly to Jakarta thru Hong Kong (Cathay pacific)
- stay close to hotel at FM7 resort hotel
- dinner at hotel (delicious Avacodo smoothie and Nasigoreng - classic Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Oct 27, 2013
- Benoa, Bali, IndonesiaAs we awoke this morning the ship had already entered Indonesian waters and was slowly approaching the coast of the popular island of Bali which is one of 1700 islands making up the country of Indonesia. By 7:00 am we Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 28, 2014
- Skanking, stupas and the Indonesian paparazziAfter the peace, quiet and excitement of Bukit Lawang, our next stop was the cultural centre of Yogyakarta (pronounced sort of like Djogdjakarta), or Yogya for short. Situated in central Java, Yogya is not a huge city, but can claim Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Feb 16, 2014
- Singapore and Bali fantastic experienceThank you to every one who has posted comments we hope you are still enjoying the reading and sorry this is so long.
Well we landed in Singapore after a 10 plus hour flight from johanasburg at about 0600 am, managed Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Feb 14, 2014
- Destination: volcano
We hired a driver for the day........He told us his name was Gusti, and he was coordinated by the Conrad Hilton in Nusa Dua where we stayed. He was excellent and instantly got a feel f Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 11, 2014
- The day "cruise"
===We definitely should have paid attention to the fact that the description on the brochures used the word 'adventure' twice, and referenced safety.===
For our Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 11, 2014
- Into the jungleNext stop from Singapore was a worlf away, we were heading to Sumatra - the northern-most main island in Indonesia, and specifically to Bukit Lawang, a little town by the Taman Nasional Gunung Leuser, famous for one very special thing: Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Feb 7, 2014
- Bali.....Day 1...At the Beach
We step off the plane in Bali, after 10:00PM at night, and it is still sticky, humid, quite tropical. Much more so than Singapore, and the first time I stepped off the plane there I thou Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 5, 2014
- Day 112 - 115 Yogyakarta
At 3am on Sunday morning we headed to Denpasar airport to get a flight to Yogyakarta. I think, like mos Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 4, 2014
- Day 110 - 112 Ubud
Puri Lukisan Museum Garden
We got a taxi Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 1, 2014
- Day 105 - 109 Bali Workaway Continued
Professional stencil work
The rest of our time at Mandala Bali bungalows continued with painting and ste Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 29, 2014
- Day 99-104 Bali
On Tuesday we got up early for our last minute flight and exchanged our remaining ringgit for Indonesian rupiah at Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 25, 2014
- Homey EmbassySome of you might have the impression that I travel a lot. However, if it's to number visited countries, I don't consider myself highly experienced. Hence, I came to the Embassy of Russia in Jakarta, and got a story to Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jan 24, 2014
- The turnaround“No more coffee??” You could almost see the blood leaving Gerd’s face. We were fifty miles north of the equator, yet still far from the coast of Sumatra. It was a fine day, gentle wind blue sky. The date, January Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Jan 21, 2014
- Gili TrawanganUnfortunately, none of the places I seem to visit are easily accessible, and Gili Trawangan was no different. After a bus to Padang Bai and an unstable boat ride, I stepped onto the soft sandy beaches of Gili T for Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Jan 18, 2014