- BerastagiWe left our village experience with excitement of our next destination - Berastagi, where we had a plan to trek up our first volcanoes. Soon after leaving lake Toba we learnt that one of the two volcanoes, Gunung Sinabung had Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Oct 4, 2013
- Brother and Sister Reunited! (2)As you may have read in our previous post, we had the privilege to have my lovely brother Yani come and visit us in Darwin. His time was limited to only two and a half weeks and we were adamant Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie in Darwin | Oct 3, 2013
- photo time[b]I (Heidi) am off to Papua tomorrow night. I'll be gone for a week, and will be sure to post lots of photos when I get back. Poor Frank has to miss the flight, the heat and the possible malaria. Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Oct 1, 2013
- Bali Oh Bali
Bali is truly a great place to rest and relax, at least for 6 of us girls, we had a great time doing a full day tour and then checked into a two bedroom villa with private Posted by jokermiss in A Beacon Somewhere Around The World | Sep 27, 2013
- LembonganOur target destination for Christmas was Lembongan, a small island with 7000 people east of Bali. We had chosen this destination, to have something more quiet and peaceful than Bali (already traffic jam on the way from the airport) for Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 26, 2013
- Tana TorajaFrom Makassar we were heading to the heart of Sulawesi, to Tana Toraja. This region lies a good 300 km north of Makassar, which meant a 9 hour bus trip for us. This long time is necesary, because traffic jam, Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 25, 2013
- Lake TobaFinally we arrived to the little village that consisted of 5 houses called Sillimalombu, on the Southern side of the island Samosir. Our rural volunteering adventure was interesting on many levels. We led an even simpler than usually lifestyle and Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Sep 23, 2013
- welcome to Indonesia!After some change of plans we took a plane from Kuala Lumpur to Medan. We arrived late at night and were greeted in Indonesia by a bunch of dodgy taxi drivers offering us a lift. Determined to find a bus Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Sep 23, 2013
- Die Another Day I felt I would title my blog post with a James Bond movie as I felt like Pierce Brosnan on his motor bike (ok it is a scooter) racing up and down narrow alleys and paths on the way to Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 22, 2013
- Ini Pengalaman Saya (this is my experience)Today is my birthday. It sure doesn’t feel like it though. My birthday is usually the autumn equinox; the first day of fall. Usually, the weather at home is still beautiful and warm, but there is a creeping chill in Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 21, 2013
- Adzin04: Stil / Sulawesi
Terwijl jullie vakantietijd stilletjes aan voorbij is hebben wij niet stil gezeten. Met het nieuwe visum voor Indonesië op zak zijn wij naar Sulawesi gereisd. In het begin was het w Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Sep 20, 2013
- MakassarSix weeks after the start of our world tour, we headed towards the first country none of us had visited before, Indonesia. It seemed the logical choice for us because of its location between Malaysia and our target for NYE, Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 16, 2013
- Match Day in Malang [b]I had the opportunity of coaching my first league game in Indonesia..it was a u21, Division 1 game....I got picked up on a scooter at 1:30...the "field" was supposed to be about a 15 minute drive...with magnetic board in one Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 15, 2013
- Quick stopover in Bali===9 September 2013===
My goal for our last day in Jogya was to get totally up to date on the website and I succeeded!!!! Yeah!!!.
Our last dinner was at Bladok – a nice way to spend our last Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 10, 2013
- Kawah Ijen and Baluran National ParkFrom Bondowoso we booked ourselves a trip to Kawah Ijen, another volcano. We booked said trip through an agency where the guy spoke approx 2 words of English - we were quite proud of ourselves for managing to organise Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Sep 9, 2013
- Sunrise at Mount Bromo volcanoWe braved a VERY early start from Malang to visit famous Mount Bromo volcano for sunrise. This was without doubt one of my highlights of the entire trip. 100% worth getting up at 1am! We booked this trip Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Sep 9, 2013
- Cooking and Dancing - two of my favorite things!!Note: if you get a chance, please take a look at the photo gallery. There are additional photos in the gallery that are not on the web pages. Enjoy!!
===7 September 2013===
Cooking class today!! We made Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 9, 2013
- More adventures in Jogja===5 September 2013===
Pretty quiet day. The Bird Market is on the tourist route so we thought we’d go see what it was all about. Well….glad we went so we don’t have to go again. There are tons of Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 9, 2013
- Dieng Plateau===4 September 2013===
Another early day but not as early as Borobudur, but it was to be a much longer day.
0700 and the driver picks us up to start our day tour of the Dieng Plateau area. Winnie (woman Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 8, 2013
- "interesting" things in Indonesia~Weddings that go on for three days...blaring 80's power ballads...24/7!
~4-D cinemas in the middle of nowhere
~The obsession with previously-mentioned 80's power ballads. We've become intimately reacquainted with Richard Marx, Michael Bolton and K Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 8, 2013
- Beautiful Bali :)We arrived in Bali from Gili Meno at a town called Amed on the east coast of the island. Our destination was Tulamben, the next town up the coast, for some diving on the famous wreck of the U.S.S. Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 8, 2013
- The Volcano and the Island..A title like that is a little ambiguous in a country that's full of islands and volcanoes, but after Flores we spent a fabulous three days on one volcano, followed by a much needed four days chilling out on a Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 8, 2013
- Borobudur and Prambanan===2 September 2013===
One of the reasons we ended up in Yogya is because of Borobudur. If you ever happen to wonder how we decide where we visit, well, Jim happened to find an article indicating that this was one Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 7, 2013
- Fabulous FloresSo, where did I leave ye...? At the end of my stint on Hoga I believe.. I left Hoga at the crack of dawn on a fine Wednesday morning, having had barely 3 hours sleep, and joined between Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 7, 2013
- Gang life – Indonesian StyleGang in Indonesian is the word for alley, definitely not what Americans think when they hear "gang".
Even when I think of an alley, I think of a dark, deserted, scary place. “Our” gang couldn’t be farther from that description. Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 7, 2013