- March 1 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 2
Leaving the royal temple, we walked back to our bus to continue our tour, surrounded by interesting photo ops.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/863CAB Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 3, 2016
- March 1 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 1
Ed and I escorted two very different-all day tours today - Ed got the one with the scary dancers!
It Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 3, 2016
- 2014 - 10th JUNE –15th JUNE~ LAKE TOBA
==OUR DAY OF REST – BUT NOT IN THE EVENING==
[float=right][/float]Lake Toba is 100 km long and 30 km wide and 505 meters deep Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- 2014 - 2nd JUNE - 1Oth JUNE ~ KETAMBE ~ BERASTAGI
==TUESDAY, JUNE 3, 2014==
==10 HOURS IN A TAXI==
For some unknown reason our sleep was disturbed a few times with calls from the hotel reception on the telephone (see sometimes we stay in a posher room). We Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- 2014 - 26th MAY - 1st JUNE ~ WEST SUMATRA
==MONDAY, MAY 26, 2014==
We left behind the tourist hotspot of Bali in search of the real Indonesia of West Sumatra. We said farewell to Kadek and took the taxi he arranged for us, to the airport. The driver seemed only Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Mar 5, 2016
- Ubud - BaliDisembarked the ship at 9am and got a taxi with Deb, Chris and Carol to Ubud. Staying at the Amoya Inn which seemed to be part of a temple, very cute, great room at a reasonable price. We went to Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 28 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 2
Bali's allure brings many international visitors; yet simple country life continues outside of the cities and resorts.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/9226 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 28 - BALI, INDONESIA - part 1
We are in mythical, mystic Bali for 3 days. One of Indonesia's smallest islands, Bali is home to 3 million Balinese, more than 90% of whom are Hindu. Temples ar Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 2, 2016
- Feb. 27 - KOMODO ISLAND, INDONESIA
We are anchored far from shore near Komodo Island, but these boys are strong paddlers.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/B397F9A3C03D945A1BB5DB4057FA4C Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Feb 28, 2016
- Indonesia 2The capital of Sulawesi is Makassar in which I arrived in the evening after a flight from Labuan Bajo and a three hour stop-over in Denpassar, Bali. To put it politely, Makassar, which is huge with a population of 1.5 Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Feb 23, 2016
- They called her Angel....Bali part 2[center][/center]
The final day of our mini trip to Bali was upon us. We only had 3 full days and part of Sunday, bu Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 19, 2016
- Les poissons et coraux à BaliCela fait déjà 1 mois que nous ne sommes plus en Indonésie, le temps passe vite mais voici des photos en vrac pour vous donner envie d'y aller et faire du snorkeling ou de la plongée.
Aux mois de Décembre et Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 18, 2016
- Days 85 to 89 - AmedPetite ville côtière, pleine de Français en saison haute (mais ça, on ne le savait pas avant de venir). Heureusement pour nous c’est très calme, les Australiens sont rentrés de vacances et il n’y a pas grand monde.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- Days 82 to 84 - UbudNous arrivons à Ubud vers 16h. Il y a des embouteillages partout : les rues sont perpendiculaires à la rue principale et chacune d’elle va dans une vallée sans donner l’accès ou presque aux autres.
Le chauffeur du mini-bus nous Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- The hike that nearly made headlines...[center][/center]
The plan was a quick getaway weekend to an island 'resort'. ( it was really just a simple little place on a middle of nowhere patch of sand, quite reasonably priced) J Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 16, 2016
- The Campuhan Ridge Walk.After a prompt start to the morning we decided to walk the Campuhan Ridge Walk so got a lift down the hill to the old bridge where the walk began just as it started to rain. It didn't last long Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- BesakihOur driver for the day was waiting for us at 9 for the trip we had booked to Penglipuran, Pura Kehan and Besakih the largest temple in Bali. It took about an hour to get to Penglipuran, a preserved working Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Ubud Monkey ForestWe had to make a return visit to the Monkey Forest on revisiting Ubud - even though I'm not that keen on the monkeys! The monkeys still seem quite aggressive and I was definitely targeted by one particularly vicious one Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Pura Goa LawahWe had arranged for the same driver to pick us up at 12 before driving back inland to Ubud, so managed to have a swim before we left. En route we stopped at Pura Goa Lawah or Bat Cave Temple. Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Tirta GanggaOur driver arrived promptly at 9.00 and we made our first stop at Tenganan the Aga village of the original Bali people. They live and marry within their own closed community. They also follow a different branch of Hinduism and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Exploring CandidassaWe were woken early by the sound of all the local roosters - at least we didn't hear the pigs from next door as well though. The breakfast was really nice, very filling and the eggs freshly made. We moved Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Moving on to CandidassaAlthough Candidassa was not too far as the crow flies by road it took about an hour and a half. We decided to have a last swim and a sun bathe before leaving Amed at around 11.30. We had arranged Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Indonesia 1Flying out of Singapore's Changi Airport and into Jakarta is quite a culture shock. Looking up at skyline pierced with dozens of new high rise buildings one could be forgiven for thinking that this is a modern city, and it's Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jan 31, 2016
- Days 72 to 81 - Gili AirNous quittons Legian pour une petite île qui est techniquement rattachée à Lombok : Gili Air. Il y a 3 petites îles au nord-ouest de Lombok, les îles Gili :
- Gili Trawagan,
- Gili Meno,
- Gili Air.
Chacune a Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 29, 2016
- Days 69 to 71 - Legian (Bali)Nous arrivons à Bali pour les fêtes de fin d’année. « Des vacances dans les vacances » en gros. Pas de réveil qui sonne, pas de recherches sur internet pendant quelques jours.
Nous avons réservé 4 nuits dans un hôtel Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 29, 2016