- Match Day in Malang [b]I had the opportunity of coaching my first league game in Indonesia..it was a u21, Division 1 game....I got picked up on a scooter at 1:30...the "field" was supposed to be about a 15 minute drive...with magnetic board in one Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 15, 2013
- Quick stopover in Bali===9 September 2013===
My goal for our last day in Jogya was to get totally up to date on the website and I succeeded!!!! Yeah!!!.
Our last dinner was at Bladok – a nice way to spend our last Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 10, 2013
- Kawah Ijen and Baluran National ParkFrom Bondowoso we booked ourselves a trip to Kawah Ijen, another volcano. We booked said trip through an agency where the guy spoke approx 2 words of English - we were quite proud of ourselves for managing to organise Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Sep 9, 2013
- Sunrise at Mount Bromo volcanoWe braved a VERY early start from Malang to visit famous Mount Bromo volcano for sunrise. This was without doubt one of my highlights of the entire trip. 100% worth getting up at 1am! We booked this trip Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Sep 9, 2013
- Cooking and Dancing - two of my favorite things!!Note: if you get a chance, please take a look at the photo gallery. There are additional photos in the gallery that are not on the web pages. Enjoy!!
===7 September 2013===
Cooking class today!! We made Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 9, 2013
- More adventures in Jogja===5 September 2013===
Pretty quiet day. The Bird Market is on the tourist route so we thought we’d go see what it was all about. Well….glad we went so we don’t have to go again. There are tons of Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 9, 2013
- Dieng Plateau===4 September 2013===
Another early day but not as early as Borobudur, but it was to be a much longer day.
0700 and the driver picks us up to start our day tour of the Dieng Plateau area. Winnie (woman Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 8, 2013
- "interesting" things in Indonesia~Weddings that go on for three days...blaring 80's power ballads...24/7!
~4-D cinemas in the middle of nowhere
~The obsession with previously-mentioned 80's power ballads. We've become intimately reacquainted with Richard Marx, Michael Bolton and K Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 8, 2013
- Beautiful Bali :)We arrived in Bali from Gili Meno at a town called Amed on the east coast of the island. Our destination was Tulamben, the next town up the coast, for some diving on the famous wreck of the U.S.S. Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 8, 2013
- The Volcano and the Island..A title like that is a little ambiguous in a country that's full of islands and volcanoes, but after Flores we spent a fabulous three days on one volcano, followed by a much needed four days chilling out on a Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 8, 2013
- Borobudur and Prambanan===2 September 2013===
One of the reasons we ended up in Yogya is because of Borobudur. If you ever happen to wonder how we decide where we visit, well, Jim happened to find an article indicating that this was one Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 7, 2013
- Fabulous FloresSo, where did I leave ye...? At the end of my stint on Hoga I believe.. I left Hoga at the crack of dawn on a fine Wednesday morning, having had barely 3 hours sleep, and joined between Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Sep 7, 2013
- Gang life – Indonesian StyleGang in Indonesian is the word for alley, definitely not what Americans think when they hear "gang".
Even when I think of an alley, I think of a dark, deserted, scary place. “Our” gang couldn’t be farther from that description. Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 7, 2013
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia
===31 August 2013===
Yogyakarta (aka Yogka or as the locals call it Jogya –pronounced Jog ja)
Our flight from KL is off on time for the two and a half hour flight to Indonesia. We got our Visas at Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 7, 2013
- Day 15 - Sanur & beyondWe have had a long day today. Jo has been wanting to see Kuta Beach ever since she arrived in Bali, and I wanted to go to the temple at Ulu Watu to see the sunset, so we decided Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Sep 5, 2013
- Days 13-14 -Sanur Beach & Lembongan IslandIt’s funny how, when you aren’t doing much, that the days just blend together. Sorry I’ve been lax with the blog, but honestly there hasn’t been much to tell until today. After I had breakfast with Laureen & Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Sep 4, 2013
- Day 12 - Sanur BeachAs expected, not much excitement today. I spent a couple of hours in my room staying cool & reading (lazy cow that I am), then took a walk along the promenade they have built the entire length of Sanur Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Sep 2, 2013
- Jogja (Yogyakarta), Solo and MalangSo from Wonosobo we got a minibus to Jogjakarta, affectionately known as Jogja. We'd been looking forward to coming here as it is one of the most visited destinations in Java, and there's a lot of interesting stuff to Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Sep 2, 2013
- Day 11 - Ubud to SanurWe said our final goodbyes to most of the group, with the four Europeans heading on to Lombok with Andy for the second week of their tour. Emma left for Aussie, and I just wandered the shops a bit Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Sep 1, 2013
- whirlwinds and rollercoastersI cannot believe it’s been two weeks since we arrived in Indonesia. In some ways it feels like we’ve been here for months. At the same time, the last weeks have just flown by.
I will try to fill in Posted by wildwoods in The Wild Woods | Sep 1, 2013
- Day 3 - UbudSorry folks, no photos today because I spent the morning pottering about at the hotel then transferred to the new hotel in the middle of Ubud village. It’s on one of the main roads but you go down a Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Aug 24, 2013
Travelled to Madura... arriving from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Surabaya (Java), Sumenep (Madura), Surabaya (Java) Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Oct 21, 2012
- Day 10 - Bedugul to UbudThere isn't a lot of exciting stuff to tell about our last day on the tour. We left Bedugul about 10 am, on a beautiful sunny day. It was quite a bit cooler still, so very pleasant. Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Aug 31, 2013
- JavaJava is the world's most populous island, located in Indonesia. With a population of 135 million, it is home to 60 percent of the Indonesian population. It is about 650 miles (1,050 km) long and up to 130 miles Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Aug 30, 2013
- Day 9 - Lovina Beach to BedugulWe left Lovina Beach at about 11 am, one van going to some hot springs & the other to a Buddhist temple nearby. It was so hot, there was no way I was getting in a hot pool (especially Posted by judesbali in Beautiful Bali | Aug 30, 2013