- And over the Hoga hump... already!So, week 2 on Hoga began superbly with a staff fun dive on ridge 1 early the first morning, where my camera began doing something funny that it’s never done before (I’d just been speaking about viruses on the computers Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Aug 12, 2013
- 2013 - Java, Indonesia (Part 1- Jakarta)
Friday 12 July
A very early LAN Chile flight from Auckland to Sydney. We sat on the tarmac at Auckland for quite a while with the crew blaming the weather. This I thought a bit Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Jul 15, 2013
- Bali Round UpHad a great time in beautiful Bali..
Went kayaking and met my hero Craig in Sanur..
Went partying and got robbed in Kuta...
[img=http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/9214493678_d Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 27, 2013
- Kuta, BaliSo my speedboat back was pretty awesome. I sat on the top deck, but the boat was so fast, the wind was hurting my face. (1500 horsepower according to the young fella who sold it me!) Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 26, 2013
- SulawesiWe arrived in Makassar the capital of Sulawesi, after a 4 hour flight from Singapore. For those of you who don't know where Sulawesi is (and we didn't know until a few months ago), it's an island in Indonesia between Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jul 28, 2013
- Gili Trawengan, BaliThe speedboat over to the Gilis was awesome. We were on the top deck with a load of crazy Kuwaitis clapping and singing. We all got soaked by the waves splashing back over us! We were Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 25, 2013
- Hoga.... Finally :)My arrival on Hoga wasn’t quite how I imagined it would be. It was raining and so dark that I could barely make out the outline of the island from our boat transfer from Kaledupa. Making my way Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 26, 2013
- Padang Bai, Bali Craig wanted to come to the Gilis too before he started his two month Scuba Divemaster course so we agreed to meet in Padang Bai, which is the departure point for the Gilis, and hang out in PB for a Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 8, 2013
- Ubud, BaliSo I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave Echo Beach but fate intervened and brought me to Ubud.
An American couple I'd chatted to a few days earlier had said they were going to hire a driver to bring Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 4, 2013
- A week in BaubauThe Baubau site was not really how I had imagined spending my time with Opwall. It was essentially a resort that Opwall have pretty much taken over for 8 weeks. So the rooms had electricity, air-con, ensuite bathrooms Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 24, 2013
Getting to Bromo was a bit of a nightmare. After arriving in Probolinggo we fell for a scam which saw us taken to a tour operator rather than the bus terminal. Let’ just say we were no Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jul 3, 2013
- THE LAND OF SULTANS, RAJAS AND BUDDHAS
From Yogya we went to Prambanan, a holy site consisting of three main temples dedicated to the Hindu trinity: Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. Upon arrival and at first glimpse of the full site Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jun 28, 2013
- LEARNING AND LAUGHING IN YOGYA
We arrived to Yogyakarta airport and were immediately greeted with chaos at baggage claim. All the luggage was placed in a tiny cordoned off area merely metres away from where a hundre Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jun 23, 2013
- Bali - Echo Beach & CannguSo I spent a while hanging out on Echo Beach - a beach with construction work going on on it, and not the prettiest beach I've ever seen. But it had whopper waves! I met my gorgeous amazing Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 2, 2013
- Bali - Sanur, Kuta, Echo BeachMyself and Craig had decided to paddle (kayak) out to an old tanker style ship that was stranded out about 800metres off the shore in Sanur. Apparently it had been washed up and stranded on the reef in some Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 30, 2013
- Bali - SanurWelll after all my boasting about heading off to the sunny shores of Bali, I arrived in Denpaser airport to lashing rain. I mean it was bucketing down. My bag got soaked and all the clothes in Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 28, 2013
- From KL to BaubauThe journey from KL to Baubau was long and slow, but pretty uneventful. First I flew to Jakarta, as it’s easier to get a visa extension if you have entered Indonesia via Jakarta or Denpasar (in Bali) than Makassar Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 21, 2013
- SHELLEY AND SHIRLEY'S REFLECTIONS ON JAVA AND BALIMonday, July 15th
As always, at the end of each trip, I like to compile a list of things that were of note in each destination.
So, as we sit at the airport, these are the things that Shirley and I found Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- THE UNEXPECTED TRAVELLER AND MORE FUN AT THE SPAToday is the last of our Indonesian adventure but we made the most of every minute.
We got up and had showers in time to meet our guide for breakfast. We decided to pack up and do a final weigh of Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!Sunday, July 14th
We opted to spend our last day finishing up a little shopping. So after a leisurely rise and a late breakfast, we headed out and continued to browse through the million of little shops. Really we didn’t see Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2013
- Adzin02: Oriëntatie (1) / Von Semarang nach Riung
In Semarang liepen we voorbij een gebouw waar het sterk naar kruidnagelen rook. We kwamen aan de praat met de veiligheidsbeambte die ons vervolgens uitnodigde om binnen te komen k Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jul 14, 2013
- A DAY OF OFFERINGSSaturday, July 13th
Our day began with a final breakfast with several of our tour friends. Most were leaving at various times throughout the day but since we had hired a driver and car for the day we wouldn’t be around Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 13, 2013
- Eat, Pray, Love and Shop, Shop, ShopFriday, July 12
Well we ate, we loved shopping and we swore a few times as we wandered the streets aimlessly, lost in the intense heat, so that might count as praying.
Welcome to Ubud, the land of tourists, many of whom Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 12, 2013
- AND THE WINNER IS.....Thursday, July 11th
After a full day of heavy rain, the skies finally cleared just as we got ready to head to breakfast. Breakfast was more western style with fresh fruit, boiled eggs and toast with butter. How good a boil Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 11, 2013
- Cocoa, Coffee and Clean RoomsWednesday, July 10th
Since Ramadan started yesterday and there were five mosques in our area, the chanting and calls to prayer seemed to go on all night. While sometimes this can be have a calming effect, last night’s did not and Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2013