- Caught BetweenMakassar airport, Indonesia
Another airport night for us. Incredibly, we got to shower. Also: the AC is not too strong, and the background music has stopped. If our flight weren't at 3:30 am, I would say we would be sleeping well Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 12, 2013
- Adzin 01 / Von Bandung nach Semarang
Als er één schaap over de dam is . . .
Dan volgt de rest vanzelf. Dat hoop ik ook te kunnen zeggen va Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jun 22, 2013
- Von Amsterdam nach Bandung
Überraschenderweise haben wir als erstes Land auf unserer Reise Malaysien „besucht“, als wir während des Zwischenstopps in Kuala Lumpur das Flugzeug verlassen mussten. Unterdessen sind Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jun 8, 2013
- A week in BaliOn arrival at Cairns airport on the 22nd May we tried to check in for our Jetstar flight to Bali, however we were told that we wouldn't be able to unless we had evidence that we were leaving Indonesia. We Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 5, 2013
- Sanur, BaliKnowing that Dan was going to be shattered from his volcano trek I took on my own challenge of trying to find some accommodation we could afford in Sanur. What I hadn't appreciated was that this area was predominantly resorts Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 4, 2013
- Volcanos, Crater Lakes, Mountains and Valentino RossiNow just as a prior warning I didnt meet Valantino Rossi the famous motorcycling champion, but all will be revealed.
As I stirred at 4:30am in the morning I was still unsure as to what to expect when taking on Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 2, 2013
- Making the most of it...We had 9 days left in Indonesia before our planned flight out to Singapore from Bali. What should we do?
Knowing most of the Indonesian airlines were banned to fly to the EU due to safety standards (or lack of them) Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 1, 2013
- My trip to Bali, IndonesiaBali, Indonesia will be my last stop in Asia, the next continent that I will visit will be Africa! To get to Bali from Manila I had one stop over in Jakarta, Indonesia. The total duration of the trip was Posted by emkerry in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 1, 2013
- DRAGONS!!!Now we'd already seen some big lizards on our trip (but considering the most 'lizard like' thing we'd ever seen in the wild in the UK is a small pond newt anything is big) from foot long geckos that look Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 29, 2013
- Definitely Divine Diving!We left our main bags as Casa Selini and walked down to the Divine Diving shop to begin our liveaboard trip. It was a god send that we had small bags as it was another scorcher of a day. Upon Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 29, 2013
- LabuanbajoAs we moored at the harbour men and teenagers gathered on the dockside and several pointed up to us shouting 'tourist'. It was clear they wanted to help with any bags and as we saw some getting onboard we all Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 24, 2013
- When 18 hours becomes 30!We had booked ourselves a liveaboard diving trip in the Komodo Marine Park so our next stop would be Flores.
We'd been advised that we should be able to travel from Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 22, 2013
- Last days in LombokWith our main activities in the bag we slowed down a bit for our final days in Lombok.
Dan and Ro went back to Gurupuk to catch some waves. I wasn't confident to give it ago on my own without an Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 22, 2013
- Singapore, Bali to Flores===Singapore===
After the beautiful chaos of Sulawesi, we stepped off the plane in Singapore into a pristine, air-conditioned world of order, convenience and efficiency. The whole city seemed to have been designed to make life as easy and comfortable Posted by ShaunYardley in Planes, trains & the occasional tuk-tuk | May 22, 2013
- Surfing Dude! We chose Kuta Bay Homestay not only for its good reviews but also because the owners were keen surfers and had equipment for us to give it a go. Sarah and I decided we would get some lessons and Ro Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 21, 2013
- It just keeps getting betterThe only way to really explore the area is by motorbike. We rented a couple of scooters from our homestay, stocked up on petrol and took to the road heading west to see what we could find.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508470/8A1D034B2219AC681 Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 20, 2013
- Who wants to go Snorkelling!!When reading about Lombok one of the other places we were keen to see was the South West Coastline which has 12 islands off of it, most of which are uninhibited. It is meant to be stunning and a relatively Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 20, 2013
- EL TIEMPO PASÓ / DIE ZEIT VERGEHT===
4 meses y medio... 18 semanas... 130 días... más de 3,000 horas.
7 países... 31 ciudades o pueblos en los que dormimos, sin contar otros que sólo visitamos, incontables buses, trenes, tuc-tucs, barcos, y uno que otro avión.
Casi parece que parp Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | May 18, 2013
- GILI AIR===Nos encontramos en Gili Air, una de las tres islas que forman el archipiélago llamado Islas Gili, en Indonesia.
De las tres islas, Gili Trawangan es la más grande de las tres, y es famosa por sus fiestas y consumo Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | May 18, 2013
- 100th entry!!Wow this is our 100th blog entry of our trip!!
It goes without saying we didn't get much sleep because we were so excited about having a friend from home joining us. Unfortunately it was also because the room was Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 18, 2013
- Lovely Kuta LombokKuta, Lombok was to fast become one of our favourite places on this trip (which is saying something!) and the following blog posts will hopefully show you why. I just wanted to flag from the start that this is NOT Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 16, 2013
- Next stop LombokWe settled with the idea of leaving Gili Air mainly because we only had a few days before Rosie would be flying into Lombok. It was also a possibility that on route to Kuta in the south we could meet Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 15, 2013
- FLORES UND DER KOMODO NATIONALPARK===Der komodo Nationalpark war schon lange auf unserer Wunschliste, wir wollten unbedingt die weltberühmten Komododrachen und die Mantas sehen. Es ist allerdings relativ schwierig dorthin zu kommen, wenn man keine organisierte Tour will. Von Jakarta floge Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | May 14, 2013
- Awesome AirI think the title says it all but we had a great time on Gili Air so much so that we ended up extending our stay TWICE...and here's why...
Packed again we trundled down the road to the harbour to Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 10, 2013
- PARQUE NACIONAL TANJUNG PUTING===Indonesia es un país tan grande y con tanta naturaleza que explorar, que nos harían falta muchos meses más para poder ver todo. Nos pusimos a investigar un poquito y leimos que existe un parque nacional en medio de la Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | May 9, 2013