- From KL to BaubauThe journey from KL to Baubau was long and slow, but pretty uneventful. First I flew to Jakarta, as it’s easier to get a visa extension if you have entered Indonesia via Jakarta or Denpasar (in Bali) than Makassar Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 21, 2013
- SHELLEY AND SHIRLEY'S REFLECTIONS ON JAVA AND BALIMonday, July 15th
As always, at the end of each trip, I like to compile a list of things that were of note in each destination.
So, as we sit at the airport, these are the things that Shirley and I found Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- THE UNEXPECTED TRAVELLER AND MORE FUN AT THE SPAToday is the last of our Indonesian adventure but we made the most of every minute.
We got up and had showers in time to meet our guide for breakfast. We decided to pack up and do a final weigh of Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!Sunday, July 14th
We opted to spend our last day finishing up a little shopping. So after a leisurely rise and a late breakfast, we headed out and continued to browse through the million of little shops. Really we didn’t see Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2013
- Adzin02: Oriëntatie (1) / Von Semarang nach Riung
In Semarang liepen we voorbij een gebouw waar het sterk naar kruidnagelen rook. We kwamen aan de praat met de veiligheidsbeambte die ons vervolgens uitnodigde om binnen te komen k Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jul 14, 2013
- A DAY OF OFFERINGSSaturday, July 13th
Our day began with a final breakfast with several of our tour friends. Most were leaving at various times throughout the day but since we had hired a driver and car for the day we wouldn’t be around Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 13, 2013
- Eat, Pray, Love and Shop, Shop, ShopFriday, July 12
Well we ate, we loved shopping and we swore a few times as we wandered the streets aimlessly, lost in the intense heat, so that might count as praying.
Welcome to Ubud, the land of tourists, many of whom Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 12, 2013
- AND THE WINNER IS.....Thursday, July 11th
After a full day of heavy rain, the skies finally cleared just as we got ready to head to breakfast. Breakfast was more western style with fresh fruit, boiled eggs and toast with butter. How good a boil Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 11, 2013
- Cocoa, Coffee and Clean RoomsWednesday, July 10th
Since Ramadan started yesterday and there were five mosques in our area, the chanting and calls to prayer seemed to go on all night. While sometimes this can be have a calming effect, last night’s did not and Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2013
- Mount BromoTuesday, July 9
I don’t think the alarm has woken us yet. My eyes opened at 2:50 am and we were immediately up and dressed for our morning trek. We both wore pants and about 3 layers as the Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 9, 2013
- Village Walks, Rice Terraces and Onward to BromoWe actually had a pretty good sleep under our mosquito nets other than the usual 4:30 am wake up for the call to prayer and the occasional coughing sound from the geckos on our roof. Since there is no Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 9, 2013
- Highway to HellAfter a very a long day traveling we finally arrived at the Seloliman Environmental Education Center 6pm this evening. Our ride on the public bus was nearly 8 hours without a bathroom on board. This was going to be Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 7, 2013
- Market to Market and MassagesSaturday, July 6th
We have had a wonderful day today. It is one of those days that I really enjoy even though it is lacking any spectacular sites (other than a repeat at the end of the day).
As planned we Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 6, 2013
- Temple TrekingFriday, July 5th.
The group was set to leave the hotel at 5 am this morning for Borobudur Temple but during dinner Dorin (the photographer in the group) decided it was too late to be leaving as the good light would Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 5, 2013
- NO SOUP FOR YOUThursday, July 4th
Hello from Yogyakarta or Yogja as it is locally known. We arrived here today around 2pm after about 5 hours travel from Pangandaran. We first took a couple of minibuses over more bumpy roads to the local train Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 4, 2013
- The People of PangandaranWednesday, July 3rd
Today was a really great day. It is the type of day that I enjoy the most,when you get to observe local life.
We started out with breakfast down the road from our hotel. I had Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 3, 2013
- You're Going the Wrong Way!!!Tuesday, July 2
Today was primarily a travel day so we just had a quick breakfast at the hotel before heading out. Breakfast was simple but fine. I actually quite enjoyed the black rice porridge which was served with coconut Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 2, 2013
- Bandung or BustWe had an early rise but that was no problem since I woke at 5am. Shirley had another restless night so I felt bad waking her at 6:15 but we had to get up to make our train to Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 1, 2013
- Canada takes over tour but is it corrupt?Sunday, July 30th
After a good rest and a hearty breakfast we felt equipped to head out a little adventure. Almost as soon as we were ready, Janet arrived. She had stayed with her brother’s friend for the Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jun 30, 2013
- JakartaWe landed at Jakarta airport right on schedule at 11:00pm. This flight felt the longest after seeming so close from Hong Kong but it was still another 4.5 hours flying and in pretty cramped quarters. I had always Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jun 29, 2013
- Plan B!So, the best start to a trip ever!! 10 days before departure I pick up some sort of head-cold like viral thing. Unfortunately it heads straight for my ears, blocking them completely! This doesn't worry me too Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jun 29, 2013
- The Plan..Ever since we (myself and the then other half) came across a couple of ads on the PADI (Prof. Assoc. of Dive Instrs.) jobs board back in 2009, while looking for the jobs that ultimately took us to Egypt, I Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jun 27, 2013
- One mom, one friend, one sister, one worldWell, truth be told, the title of this should be more like two moms, three friends, and a bunch of sisters since we all fall into multiple categories here but that title isn’t quite as catchy. In short, there are Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jun 26, 2013
- Travel FoolishnessJakarta, Indonesia
We're back to being a little miserable and ready to leave. Strange bumps on our feet and crotches. The feeling that, in the tropics, disease and insects have the upper hand. Or at least there is more equal opportunity Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 9, 2013
- ReadingTangkoko Nature Reserve, Indonesia
Leaving Indonesia soon and feeling suddenly unprepared to go, though just a few weeks ago I was done with Asia and its heat and garbage and mosquitoes and spicy, MSG-riddled food. And not that I've seen much Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 7, 2013