- Hoga.... Finally :)My arrival on Hoga wasn’t quite how I imagined it would be. It was raining and so dark that I could barely make out the outline of the island from our boat transfer from Kaledupa. Making my way Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 26, 2013
- Padang Bai, Bali Craig wanted to come to the Gilis too before he started his two month Scuba Divemaster course so we agreed to meet in Padang Bai, which is the departure point for the Gilis, and hang out in PB for a Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 8, 2013
- Ubud, BaliSo I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave Echo Beach but fate intervened and brought me to Ubud.
An American couple I'd chatted to a few days earlier had said they were going to hire a driver to bring Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 4, 2013
- A week in BaubauThe Baubau site was not really how I had imagined spending my time with Opwall. It was essentially a resort that Opwall have pretty much taken over for 8 weeks. So the rooms had electricity, air-con, ensuite bathrooms Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 24, 2013
Getting to Bromo was a bit of a nightmare. After arriving in Probolinggo we fell for a scam which saw us taken to a tour operator rather than the bus terminal. Let’ just say we were no Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jul 3, 2013
- THE LAND OF SULTANS, RAJAS AND BUDDHAS
From Yogya we went to Prambanan, a holy site consisting of three main temples dedicated to the Hindu trinity: Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. Upon arrival and at first glimpse of the full site Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jun 28, 2013
- LEARNING AND LAUGHING IN YOGYA
We arrived to Yogyakarta airport and were immediately greeted with chaos at baggage claim. All the luggage was placed in a tiny cordoned off area merely metres away from where a hundre Posted by healthysnail in From Chaos to Zen | Jun 23, 2013
- Bali - Echo Beach & CannguSo I spent a while hanging out on Echo Beach - a beach with construction work going on on it, and not the prettiest beach I've ever seen. But it had whopper waves! I met my gorgeous amazing Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 2, 2013
- Bali - Sanur, Kuta, Echo BeachMyself and Craig had decided to paddle (kayak) out to an old tanker style ship that was stranded out about 800metres off the shore in Sanur. Apparently it had been washed up and stranded on the reef in some Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 30, 2013
- Bali - SanurWelll after all my boasting about heading off to the sunny shores of Bali, I arrived in Denpaser airport to lashing rain. I mean it was bucketing down. My bag got soaked and all the clothes in Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 28, 2013
- From KL to BaubauThe journey from KL to Baubau was long and slow, but pretty uneventful. First I flew to Jakarta, as it’s easier to get a visa extension if you have entered Indonesia via Jakarta or Denpasar (in Bali) than Makassar Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jul 21, 2013
- SHELLEY AND SHIRLEY'S REFLECTIONS ON JAVA AND BALIMonday, July 15th
As always, at the end of each trip, I like to compile a list of things that were of note in each destination.
So, as we sit at the airport, these are the things that Shirley and I found Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- THE UNEXPECTED TRAVELLER AND MORE FUN AT THE SPAToday is the last of our Indonesian adventure but we made the most of every minute.
We got up and had showers in time to meet our guide for breakfast. We decided to pack up and do a final weigh of Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2013
- IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!Sunday, July 14th
We opted to spend our last day finishing up a little shopping. So after a leisurely rise and a late breakfast, we headed out and continued to browse through the million of little shops. Really we didn’t see Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2013
- Adzin02: Oriëntatie (1) / Von Semarang nach Riung
In Semarang liepen we voorbij een gebouw waar het sterk naar kruidnagelen rook. We kwamen aan de praat met de veiligheidsbeambte die ons vervolgens uitnodigde om binnen te komen k Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jul 14, 2013
- A DAY OF OFFERINGSSaturday, July 13th
Our day began with a final breakfast with several of our tour friends. Most were leaving at various times throughout the day but since we had hired a driver and car for the day we wouldn’t be around Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 13, 2013
- Eat, Pray, Love and Shop, Shop, ShopFriday, July 12
Well we ate, we loved shopping and we swore a few times as we wandered the streets aimlessly, lost in the intense heat, so that might count as praying.
Welcome to Ubud, the land of tourists, many of whom Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 12, 2013
- AND THE WINNER IS.....Thursday, July 11th
After a full day of heavy rain, the skies finally cleared just as we got ready to head to breakfast. Breakfast was more western style with fresh fruit, boiled eggs and toast with butter. How good a boil Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 11, 2013
- Cocoa, Coffee and Clean RoomsWednesday, July 10th
Since Ramadan started yesterday and there were five mosques in our area, the chanting and calls to prayer seemed to go on all night. While sometimes this can be have a calming effect, last night’s did not and Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2013
- Mount BromoTuesday, July 9
I don’t think the alarm has woken us yet. My eyes opened at 2:50 am and we were immediately up and dressed for our morning trek. We both wore pants and about 3 layers as the Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 9, 2013
- Village Walks, Rice Terraces and Onward to BromoWe actually had a pretty good sleep under our mosquito nets other than the usual 4:30 am wake up for the call to prayer and the occasional coughing sound from the geckos on our roof. Since there is no Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 9, 2013
- Highway to HellAfter a very a long day traveling we finally arrived at the Seloliman Environmental Education Center 6pm this evening. Our ride on the public bus was nearly 8 hours without a bathroom on board. This was going to be Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 7, 2013
- Market to Market and MassagesSaturday, July 6th
We have had a wonderful day today. It is one of those days that I really enjoy even though it is lacking any spectacular sites (other than a repeat at the end of the day).
As planned we Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 6, 2013
- Temple TrekingFriday, July 5th.
The group was set to leave the hotel at 5 am this morning for Borobudur Temple but during dinner Dorin (the photographer in the group) decided it was too late to be leaving as the good light would Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 5, 2013
- NO SOUP FOR YOUThursday, July 4th
Hello from Yogyakarta or Yogja as it is locally known. We arrived here today around 2pm after about 5 hours travel from Pangandaran. We first took a couple of minibuses over more bumpy roads to the local train Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 4, 2013