- The Plan..Ever since we (myself and the then other half) came across a couple of ads on the PADI (Prof. Assoc. of Dive Instrs.) jobs board back in 2009, while looking for the jobs that ultimately took us to Egypt, I Posted by niscratz in The World of Wallace | Jun 27, 2013
- One mom, one friend, one sister, one worldWell, truth be told, the title of this should be more like two moms, three friends, and a bunch of sisters since we all fall into multiple categories here but that title isn’t quite as catchy. In short, there are Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jun 26, 2013
- Travel FoolishnessJakarta, Indonesia
We're back to being a little miserable and ready to leave. Strange bumps on our feet and crotches. The feeling that, in the tropics, disease and insects have the upper hand. Or at least there is more equal opportunity Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 9, 2013
- ReadingTangkoko Nature Reserve, Indonesia
Leaving Indonesia soon and feeling suddenly unprepared to go, though just a few weeks ago I was done with Asia and its heat and garbage and mosquitoes and spicy, MSG-riddled food. And not that I've seen much Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 7, 2013
- YetBunaken, Indonesia
If you didn't like this weather you would call it an ugly day. The sky is low and gray, and the sea has darkened to match. Still, it is blessedly cool, with a tangled breeze chopping the water. I Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 30, 2013
- Death and RainRain again. Every day it comes an hour earlier and lasts a bit longer.
By the time you get home the earlier part of the day has escaped you and already feels like a lifetime ago. What remains is the 4.5 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 26, 2013
- Mad RainRantepao, Indonesia
The daily downpour has begun. A few warning pings on the corrugated metal roof and, just as you're wondering if you have enough time to get ready and slip out the door, the roar comes--so loud you must shout Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 25, 2013
- A Day in the Life ofWe began our day when it was still dark, waking up to the cock's crow and the rattle of the generator, which, mysteriously, stayed on all night. We took the boat across the water accompanied by the Milky Way above Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 20, 2013
- Cast OutRaja Ampat, Indonesia
Leaving Biodiversity [Resort] was a bit like being cast out of Eden. When we arrived at Yenkoranu we didn't quite know what to do with ourselves. So we sat about and stared. We read. We slept. Tried not Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 18, 2013
- Waiting, Mingling, RememberingSorong, Indonesia
At the pier. We've five hours to wait. Chris has gone off to explore, but an infected wound on my ankle roots me to the bench. Now that we are out of the airport it is very clear we Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 13, 2013
- Caught BetweenMakassar airport, Indonesia
Another airport night for us. Incredibly, we got to shower. Also: the AC is not too strong, and the background music has stopped. If our flight weren't at 3:30 am, I would say we would be sleeping well Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | May 12, 2013
- Adzin 01 / Von Bandung nach Semarang
Als er één schaap over de dam is . . .
Dan volgt de rest vanzelf. Dat hoop ik ook te kunnen zeggen va Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jun 22, 2013
- Von Amsterdam nach Bandung
Überraschenderweise haben wir als erstes Land auf unserer Reise Malaysien „besucht“, als wir während des Zwischenstopps in Kuala Lumpur das Flugzeug verlassen mussten. Unterdessen sind Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jun 8, 2013
- A week in BaliOn arrival at Cairns airport on the 22nd May we tried to check in for our Jetstar flight to Bali, however we were told that we wouldn't be able to unless we had evidence that we were leaving Indonesia. We Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 5, 2013
- Sanur, BaliKnowing that Dan was going to be shattered from his volcano trek I took on my own challenge of trying to find some accommodation we could afford in Sanur. What I hadn't appreciated was that this area was predominantly resorts Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 4, 2013
- Volcanos, Crater Lakes, Mountains and Valentino RossiNow just as a prior warning I didnt meet Valantino Rossi the famous motorcycling champion, but all will be revealed.
As I stirred at 4:30am in the morning I was still unsure as to what to expect when taking on Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 2, 2013
- Making the most of it...We had 9 days left in Indonesia before our planned flight out to Singapore from Bali. What should we do?
Knowing most of the Indonesian airlines were banned to fly to the EU due to safety standards (or lack of them) Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jun 1, 2013
- My trip to Bali, IndonesiaBali, Indonesia will be my last stop in Asia, the next continent that I will visit will be Africa! To get to Bali from Manila I had one stop over in Jakarta, Indonesia. The total duration of the trip was Posted by emkerry in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 1, 2013
- DRAGONS!!!Now we'd already seen some big lizards on our trip (but considering the most 'lizard like' thing we'd ever seen in the wild in the UK is a small pond newt anything is big) from foot long geckos that look Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 29, 2013
- Definitely Divine Diving!We left our main bags as Casa Selini and walked down to the Divine Diving shop to begin our liveaboard trip. It was a god send that we had small bags as it was another scorcher of a day. Upon Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 29, 2013
- LabuanbajoAs we moored at the harbour men and teenagers gathered on the dockside and several pointed up to us shouting 'tourist'. It was clear they wanted to help with any bags and as we saw some getting onboard we all Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 24, 2013
- When 18 hours becomes 30!We had booked ourselves a liveaboard diving trip in the Komodo Marine Park so our next stop would be Flores.
We'd been advised that we should be able to travel from Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 22, 2013
- Last days in LombokWith our main activities in the bag we slowed down a bit for our final days in Lombok.
Dan and Ro went back to Gurupuk to catch some waves. I wasn't confident to give it ago on my own without an Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 22, 2013
- Singapore, Bali to Flores===Singapore===
After the beautiful chaos of Sulawesi, we stepped off the plane in Singapore into a pristine, air-conditioned world of order, convenience and efficiency. The whole city seemed to have been designed to make life as easy and comfortable Posted by ShaunYardley in Planes, trains & the occasional tuk-tuk | May 22, 2013
- Surfing Dude! We chose Kuta Bay Homestay not only for its good reviews but also because the owners were keen surfers and had equipment for us to give it a go. Sarah and I decided we would get some lessons and Ro Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | May 21, 2013