- relaxing on Lombok
Our hotel, located at the end of a peninsula, consists of a number of bungalows spread in a beautiful garden.
[img=http://p Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 25, 2012
- Gunung Rinjani, Lombok
Nearly three years ago we climbed Gunung Agung in Bali for our honeymoon. As we watched the sunrise from the summit we saw an amazing mountain appear on the horizon. “That is Gunung Rinjani on Lombok.” our guide told us. Posted by Lynne Woolley in Whose idea was this.......? | Apr 24, 2012
- a tour of Lombok
Our package includes a tour of the island, and we leave our hotel by minibus. We pass through Mataram, the capital. Just as everywhere in Indonesia, there is a lot of traffic.
[img=http:/ Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 23, 2012
- Le IntroHeyooo everyone!
I start my new travelog here in Travellerspoint.com. I use to write my travel story in my online-journal: http://yuvinarahome.blogspot.com hoho. So this travelog will be my new little baby *whatever. I hope I can write here regularly s Posted by yuvinara in Yuvi's Travelog | Apr 23, 2012
A few words about Ubud. It is described in the travel brochures as an Art Village: it may have been so thirty years ago but , today, it is just another tourist place. There is lot Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 22, 2012
- Mt. Bromo... The Fairest of Them All.I must save the best for last. So before jumping into Mt. Bromo I'm going to quickly recap my first week in Indonesia.
Within 48 hours of arriving in Jakarta I had lost my camera. Evidently I’m problematic when Posted by chang2n in Forever Summer | Apr 22, 2012
- exploring Bali (cont'd)
We visit a typical Balinese house. It consists of a number of separate rooms, built in an area enclosed by a wall.
The door consists of two walls, one behind the other. This is for protec Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 21, 2012
- exploring Bali
As we couldn't sleep because of the guy repairing the pavement, we go to Monkey Forest, whose entrance is next to our hotel. The ticketing booths are not open yet, but the park well, so that Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 20, 2012
- Bali and Gili Air.
Arriving in Bali there was a strange sense of deja vu. We had been here 2 years previously on our honeymoon. After the trials of traveling around Kalimantan it felt safe. We grabbed a cab and headed for some resort Posted by Justin Woolley in Whose idea was this.......? | Apr 20, 2012
- arrival in Bali
We see our first temple. There are thousands of temples in Bali: each house has at least one. Here, our first one.
We go Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 19, 2012
- Bali - In summaryI'm gong to get the lowlights out of the way first
When we'd walked through the small village to view the herons there were baskets with chickens inside in front of a bunch of properties. I thought that was ju Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 18, 2012
- East Java
Our guide buys a duryan at a fruit stall.
It's considered as a delicacy in South-East Asia, but it has smells terribly bad Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 18, 2012
- ✰ Terima Kasih Bali! ✰ (part 2)Our first stop on the cycling part of the tour was a visit to a traditional Balinese village house, which was own by one of the local families that the tour company sponsers... evidentally the tour company works closely with Posted by sdestecroix in Xx Skye's 2012 Adventure xX | Apr 16, 2012
- ✰ Terima Kasih Bali! ✰After the unexpected costs incurred through flights in Australia, I was looking forward to arriving in Asia where everything is cheap!!
My flight from Darwin went smoothly, although I had to satisfy myself with nothing but a packet of salt and Posted by sdestecroix in Xx Skye's 2012 Adventure xX | Apr 16, 2012
- Kawah Ijen
I am going to see the Kawah Ijen volcano today, as our guide promised that it would not be a tourist trap, like [[http://ortho158.travellerspoint.com/9/|Bromo]]. We take our jeeps, and fo Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 16, 2012
- going to East java
We arrive at the Java sea, on North-East Java.
There have been floods, and we have to take another road.
[img=http://photo Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 15, 2012
- BaliHey! We arrived in our little town in Bali, to see everybody dressed up traditionally, and all the women carried baskets on their heads! I never knew anywhere besides Africa that did that… but maybe I just don't pay Posted by megan prawdzik in Wish You Were Here! | Apr 14, 2012
- It doesn't get Batur than this - fish soup and faecesThe day we left we were very reluctant to leave Ubud but it was an interesting hour or two's drive up to our next location in the Kitamani region.
We knew we were in the right place when we suddenly reached Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 14, 2012
- Mount Bromo
Wake-up at 3.30 am! We do not take a shower, as there are only two possibilities: freezing cold, or boiling hot. We leave by jeep for Penanjakan, at 2770m on the rim of the caldera, to Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 14, 2012
- Gili TrawanganThe Gili Islands are a group of island about 2 hours NE of Bali (6 hours by slow boat). Gili T is the biggest of 3 islands and is where we decided to stay. The island is beautiful with coral Posted by H-Dizzle in FOR THE LOVE OF TRAVEL | Apr 13, 2012
- Prambanan and the road to Bromo
Early visit of Prambanan. As we are here at 7 am, there is nearly nobody else but our group. It's beautiful and serene.
[im Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 13, 2012
- Kalimantan, Borneo
After one epic road trip through Thailand and Malaysia we have eventually arrived in Balikpapan in search of wild Orangutans. As our taxi driver takes us into town we are surprised to see how developed the port town is. Supermalls Posted by Lynne Woolley in Whose idea was this.......? | Apr 13, 2012
Back to Yogyakarta, where we visit the Sultan's palace, the Kratong. No so impressive.
Musical lunch, with two dancers.
Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 13, 2012
Today is Ascension day, a catholic holiday also celebrated in the largest muslim country in the world, where we will visit the largest Buddhist monument in the world. The weather is very hot Posted by ortho158 in Ortho's travels | Apr 13, 2012
- ParadiseI set off from Bali and jumped on a boat to Gili Trawangan. Gili T is one of the 3 Gili Islands, east of Bali.
As the boat pulled away from Bali, I was sad to have left. Convinced nothing Posted by AnIndiotAbroad in An Indiot Abroad | Apr 12, 2012