- BaliAs Canadian ex-pats living in Australia, we have a goal of doing a lot of travelling in Asia; and finally got started over Christmas 2012 with a trip to Bali. We only had a week to travel, which we Posted by Bleaklinson in Canadians Abroad | Mar 19, 2013
- Heading Toward the EquatorWoke up a few times during the night and it was difficult to detect that were actually moving, the sea is so calm and our location on the ship is well forward of the engines and the propellers so there's Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Sydney to Beijing | Mar 16, 2013
- Surabaya IndahSeven years in Surabaya. Can't even imagine now how time flew that fast. Each time I renew my contract as an expatriate teacher, I just felt that it just wasn't time to go just yet.
My morning routines of going Posted by cyrus43 in on foot, on planes, on buses or trains | Mar 12, 2013
- Bandung (West Java Trip)One thing I love about travelling is that it gives you the sense of Impermanence that you only experience whenever you're out of your normal protective shell of your own country or province. It's as if your somewhere in between Posted by cyrus43 in on foot, on planes, on buses or trains | Mar 11, 2013
- Pangandaran, West JavaThe delicious and memorable meal with which I ended my last post has proven to be even more memorable due to the dose of gastro it gave me. There’s only circumstantial evidence mind you, but Trudy (wisely in hindsight) Posted by Shaman Wanderer in Tales of the Shaman Wanderer | Mar 8, 2013
- Wildlife and Local Life in BorneoBorneo conjures up images of an unexplored wilderness teaming with bizarre animals and populated by small tribes of feather clad natives. And in many parts of the island this image is not far from the truth. Borneo truly is home Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Mar 6, 2013
- Mengwi and Bedugul - Day 109Our second trip from Ubud was to the lakes and mountains about 50 km north. Although not as bad as Vietnam, Balinese driving is mad, the rule seems to be only overtake when there is something coming the other way. Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Mar 6, 2013
- Ubud Water Palace - Day 108We had a quiet day in Ubud today and visited the Water Palace. We had already seen it by night when our restaurant overlooked the dance show. Palace was a bit of a grand title for it as there was Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Mar 5, 2013
- monkey riding 102[img=http://photos. Posted by paigejohn in Á ràng buộc | Mar 4, 2013
- Temples and Terraces - Day 107Today we travelled to the North East corner of Bali to see some of the many temples Bali has to offer. The countryside was stunning with lots to see on the journey. First stop was Goa Gajah or Elephant Cave, Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Mar 3, 2013
- Jogjakartai remembered the very first time i arrived in Jogjakarta. A group of students and their mentor from this Campus ministry picked me up from the Tugu Train Station. I vividly remembered one of the students from Gajah Mada University, Posted by cyrus43 in on foot, on planes, on buses or trains | Mar 2, 2013
- On Garuda IndonesiaFrom Jakarta to Beijing,
December 23-24th 2012
"So you have used your visa once?" confirmed the check-in staff at Soekarno Hatta International Airport.
"Yes, I did."
She turned my passport from horizontal to vertical, paused a moment, and then Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 2, 2013
- Ubud Palace - Day 105Today we went into Ubud to look around what is left of the Royal Palace. There was not a large amount to see as a lot of it was closed off but the statues were interesting.In the evenings there are Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Mar 1, 2013
- Ubud Monkey Forest and Temple - Day 103The morning was sunny so we spent it by the pool, followed by lunch on our balcony, such a hard life. We have been watching the paddy fields being prepared for planting with new rice. It looks like very hard Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Feb 27, 2013
- Kuta and Sanur Days 100-102We had our 2 nights in Kuta, and did actually enjoy the swimming pool and our suite! We took the free shuttle into Kuta, what a dump! We were right in our preconceptions of it, the beach was very long Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Feb 26, 2013
- Unwinding in Ubud Hi everyone! First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who is still reading the blog after our 3 1/2 week hiatus before writing again. It truly is hard to find the time and a fast enough Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Feb 25, 2013
- Arrived in Bali - Days 99We had an early evening flight out of Singapore for the 2.5 hour trip to Bali, which apart from leaving a little late started out fine. The weather got worse as we approached Bali with a huge thunder storm and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Feb 23, 2013
- Bandung, West Java I know it’s been a long while since I last posted but we’ve been very, very busy doing absolutely nothing in an idyllic surf village called Batu Karas. But more about that in a later post.
At the time I’m Posted by Shaman Wanderer in Tales of the Shaman Wanderer | Feb 19, 2013
- BaliWe spent yesterday on Bali, one of the islands that make up Indonesia. Our guide, Bawa, took us to see a typical Balinese house, a temple (where we had to wear sarongs in order to enter), and workshops where Posted by HopeEakins in Sailing Around the World with TEDS | Feb 17, 2013
- BaliLeaving Bali. We’re in Asia. What a remarkable culture and landscape! As we sailed into the (very narrowly dredged) harbor, fishermen standing on sandbars dangled their lines only a few yards from the ship. On the Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Feb 17, 2013
- De realiteit van JavaDenderende golven
Na twee weken Jogjakarta ging mijn reis verder naar West-Java. Ik besloot naar de kustplaats Pangandaran te gaan, als een soort van tussenstop op mijn lange reis naar Jakarta. De minibus zette mij netjes af en nog diezelfde avond Posted by Caroline2012 in Caroline Travels East | Feb 13, 2013
- Last days in Malaysia/Beginning of Indonesia!Ok I'll get right to it.
The Cameron Highlands or Tanah Rata are located about in the middle of Malaysia. They are famous for their tea plantations, strawberries and cool weather. It reminded me of Jasper, Alberta with one main Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Feb 12, 2013
- BaliOriginally, when planning my trip, I'd allowed two weeks to explore Indonesia. Then, having spent too much time further north in Asia, I'd tried to change my flights to skip Indonesia all together feeling that I wouldn't do it justice Posted by madeinmold in Made In Mold | Feb 12, 2013
- Java doorkruisen...Omdat de vliegtuigen vanuit Banda zo onbetrouwbaar zijn in termen van data van vertrek, opteerde ik ervoor om via de boot Java te bereiken. Het klonk me ook best wel avontuurlijk in de oren. Drie dagen op zee met tussenstops Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Feb 8, 2013
- Naar de sterren staren op de landingsbaan...De landingsbaan van de Banda's doet menig harten sneller slaan. Sommigen onder ons, ik zal geen namen vernoemen, hebben een of ander valiumderivaat nodig om op een behoorlijke manier een vlucht door te komen. Zij nemen best een dubbele dosis Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Feb 8, 2013