- Mataram, LombokWe were due to fly from Bali to Lombok and then from Lombok to Sumbawa but the day before the flight the 2nd leg was cancelled by the airline. The reason: none given, nobody knows. Just one of those things Posted by alkiwi2015 in Travel 2014/15 | Mar 9, 2015
- Day 5 ACROVINYASA Training. *hump day*
Happy hump day! AKA It's the halfway point of training. WOW already halfway done this is crazy! In just 5 days I have made a family of friends from all over the world, absorbed so much knowled Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 9, 2015
- Return to IndonesiaIt finally felt like being away from home upon arriving in Bali. The warmth and humidity, the Balinese stone and perhaps mainly, the smells.
The footpaths are the best they’ve ever been along the main streets of Kuta/Legian. It’s even and Posted by alkiwi2015 in Travel 2014/15 | Mar 9, 2015
Ubuds word is HEAVENLY. The only reason it is not simply 'heaven' is that it is an hour drive from the beach which is the only thing it is lacking. Being a bit higher up geographically, I was able to Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 9, 2015
- BALI ACROVINYASA training day 3?
ELLO good people of earth! Welcome to bali ACROVINYASA training day 3?? I think....
This morning we met at 7 am and started out by getting a partner and doing an eye contact exercise. Basical Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 7, 2015
- Day 2 : ACROVINYASA TrainingHello loves!! Day 2 of #ACROVINYASA yoga teacher training! It started out amazing, I woke up around 5 am and went down to the shala to watch the sunrise- it was very cloudy out so the sun was hard to Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 6, 2015
- Day 1 ACROVINYASA Training :)
Aloha From PadangBai Bali! Today was my first day of the ACROVINYASA yoga teacher training! BUT! before we get to that lets talk about my morning! Woke up..around 5:30 am to see the sunrise-be Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 5, 2015
- Day 1: Padangbai
Hello there! It's my first full day here in PadangBai, Bali. I started off my day by waking up around 5:30 am (the monkeys and boats actually woke me up!) I layer in bed for another 30 minutes Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 4, 2015
- Guest House Guest House
This human being is a guest house
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violent Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 3, 2015
- 24 hours, 1 layover, 2 planes, and a taxi drive. I made it. Hello loves! Update from abroad:
I left last night to begins my journey to Bali. My two amazing parents drove me to Newark airport IN THE SNOW! ( thank you so much!). I got there and found out my flight Posted by SunshineRaae in Bali and Beyond | Mar 3, 2015
- THE ISLANDS Throughout my week on the islands life was very different from what I am used too wether it be trees growing in water, hospitality service, types of transport, or a little wind gust putting the power out. I had to Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 1, 2015
- BUKIT PENNINSULAMy friend Trey and I journeyed down to the Bukit Penninsula in search of some surf.
The ride down was a bit tough with my stomach still aching from the day before but later in the afternoon is settled down. Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 26, 2015
- Bali Kite Festival soars to great heights
I timed my last visit to Bali specifically for this event. But, just like kites and wind, everything is unpredictable in this island paradise.
My research showed the Kite Festival is Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Feb 25, 2015
- Bali Background So I've realized after my visa nightmare post I've probably made bali sound so horrible. So here is just some background and history on the beautiful island that it is.
Bali is a tiny Hindu island, only about the Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 25, 2015
My time spent in Sanur became a bit less lonesome and disciplined and a bit more social. But It was all worth it. Big Pinapple backpackers was a great place to stay and make connections with friends from all over Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- VISA NIGHTMARE If you don't want to read all of this, basically;
If anyone is visiting Bali for over a month ever, make sure to plan a quick round trip ticket in the middle to a close destination of your choice or figure Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- So Many Spices Little did we know what we were getting ourselves into when we chose chicken over fish for the meal we were preparing as part of our culinary tour of Samosir Island. Our trip to the market ended up with Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 12, 2015
The first few days in BalinI have been staying in an area called Seminyak. Although very close to the ever forbidden Kuta that everyone tells me to stay away from, Seminyak has been just touristy enough that it's good Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 9, 2015
- Patience I arrived 6 am feb 7th. Shared a cab with a new friend after bartering with the taxi drivers at the airport and got dropped off at my place. I had forever been thinking I arrive February 8th and Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 8, 2015
- The Homestay We left the Eco Travel cottages at 9 in the morning for our 2 hour hike to the homestay. On our way there we held a cameleon that we found drowing in the gutter we also saw a pig Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 9, 2015
- Loosing track of time..Well they took my yoga Matt off my backpack when I checked it and asked me to carry it on. So yoga sessions had to be held at all airports.
The flight from Newark to Tokyo was long but I Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 7, 2015
- Jungle trek Jungle trek in Bukit Lawang We have been doing lots of fun things in the jungle in Sumatra
1. The elephants.
It was 8 in the morning we were rushing about because we had to leave at 9 but we made it on time and we were Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 2, 2015
- What is that orange fuzzy creature oh its an Orangutan!We are now in Indonesia. When we first arived in Medan I though Medan was the crazyest city i have ever saw it had 5 million peple and the traffic was crazy it took us 3 hours to get across Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 27, 2015
- In search of the Great Apes-Gorilla, Chimpanzee & OrangutanIn the next few weeks I will be on a journey to Galapagos where Charles Darwin laid rest to his Theory of Evolution. As a son of a Zoologist, evolution was a much discussed subject around me. Before discussing my Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Jan 25, 2015
- Oli and Liza's Honeymoon in Bali!We really can’t wait to see you at our wedding and that really is the best gift you could give us. However we know many people like to offer a gift or donation to wish us well for married life Posted by LizaBrooks in Liza's Missions around the world | Jan 21, 2015