- Indonesia 2The capital of Sulawesi is Makassar in which I arrived in the evening after a flight from Labuan Bajo and a three hour stop-over in Denpassar, Bali. To put it politely, Makassar, which is huge with a population of 1.5 Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Feb 23, 2016
- They called her Angel....Bali part 2[center][/center]
The final day of our mini trip to Bali was upon us. We only had 3 full days and part of Sunday, bu Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 19, 2016
- Les poissons et coraux à BaliCela fait déjà 1 mois que nous ne sommes plus en Indonésie, le temps passe vite mais voici des photos en vrac pour vous donner envie d'y aller et faire du snorkeling ou de la plongée.
Aux mois de Décembre et Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 18, 2016
- Days 85 to 89 - AmedPetite ville côtière, pleine de Français en saison haute (mais ça, on ne le savait pas avant de venir). Heureusement pour nous c’est très calme, les Australiens sont rentrés de vacances et il n’y a pas grand monde.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- Days 82 to 84 - UbudNous arrivons à Ubud vers 16h. Il y a des embouteillages partout : les rues sont perpendiculaires à la rue principale et chacune d’elle va dans une vallée sans donner l’accès ou presque aux autres.
Le chauffeur du mini-bus nous Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Feb 17, 2016
- The hike that nearly made headlines...[center][/center]
The plan was a quick getaway weekend to an island 'resort'. ( it was really just a simple little place on a middle of nowhere patch of sand, quite reasonably priced) J Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Feb 16, 2016
- The Campuhan Ridge Walk.After a prompt start to the morning we decided to walk the Campuhan Ridge Walk so got a lift down the hill to the old bridge where the walk began just as it started to rain. It didn't last long Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- BesakihOur driver for the day was waiting for us at 9 for the trip we had booked to Penglipuran, Pura Kehan and Besakih the largest temple in Bali. It took about an hour to get to Penglipuran, a preserved working Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Ubud Monkey ForestWe had to make a return visit to the Monkey Forest on revisiting Ubud - even though I'm not that keen on the monkeys! The monkeys still seem quite aggressive and I was definitely targeted by one particularly vicious one Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Pura Goa LawahWe had arranged for the same driver to pick us up at 12 before driving back inland to Ubud, so managed to have a swim before we left. En route we stopped at Pura Goa Lawah or Bat Cave Temple. Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Tirta GanggaOur driver arrived promptly at 9.00 and we made our first stop at Tenganan the Aga village of the original Bali people. They live and marry within their own closed community. They also follow a different branch of Hinduism and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Exploring CandidassaWe were woken early by the sound of all the local roosters - at least we didn't hear the pigs from next door as well though. The breakfast was really nice, very filling and the eggs freshly made. We moved Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Moving on to CandidassaAlthough Candidassa was not too far as the crow flies by road it took about an hour and a half. We decided to have a last swim and a sun bathe before leaving Amed at around 11.30. We had arranged Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Indonesia 1Flying out of Singapore's Changi Airport and into Jakarta is quite a culture shock. Looking up at skyline pierced with dozens of new high rise buildings one could be forgiven for thinking that this is a modern city, and it's Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jan 31, 2016
- Days 72 to 81 - Gili AirNous quittons Legian pour une petite île qui est techniquement rattachée à Lombok : Gili Air. Il y a 3 petites îles au nord-ouest de Lombok, les îles Gili :
- Gili Trawagan,
- Gili Meno,
- Gili Air.
Chacune a Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 29, 2016
- Days 69 to 71 - Legian (Bali)Nous arrivons à Bali pour les fêtes de fin d’année. « Des vacances dans les vacances » en gros. Pas de réveil qui sonne, pas de recherches sur internet pendant quelques jours.
Nous avons réservé 4 nuits dans un hôtel Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 29, 2016
- Amed BeachAfter a good nights sleep we were woken by the local roosters which seemed to be everywhere in Amed and had our basic breakfast at the café next door. We spent 4 nights in Amed where we had planned to Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Jan 26, 2016
- Taman UjungWe woke to find a large praying mantis in our room and the inevitable early morning rain shower. The sun was quite quick to appear though with a large rainbow over the mountains. We had a final breakfast overlooking Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Jan 24, 2016
- Walking The Sideman RouteIt was another very wet start to the day which seems to be the pattern so far - even though it was the dry season. However we were determined to do the circular walk through all the small villages and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Jan 24, 2016
- Day Five @ SeaSome spectacular cloud formations contributed to make this morning's sunrise a success. Today we cross from the Southern to the Northern Hemisphere and we'll encounter King Neptune and his court. We've crossed the Equator on a number of Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Jan 13, 2016
- Bali - Day 3 - UbudOK a quick blog.
Yesterday we did a balinese cooking class via [[https://www.eoasia.com/en/indonesia/bali/ubud/activities/216-balinese-cooking-class-in-ubud-around-ubud|eoasia]].
It started with a viosit to a local market and then we were taken back to Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Jan 13, 2016
- Day Four @ SeaThis morning presented with some scattered clouds, a light fog on the ocean surface and a continuation of the calm seas. Sunrise was later again, forecast for 06:48 and was pretty much a no-show. The fog made any Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Jan 12, 2016
- Bali - Seminyak day 2 - Turtle Island, jetski & parasailiToday was the fun day. We went off to Nusa Dua for some sport and to go to Turtle Island.
It started with the parasailing. Unfortunately that was too slow. From the time I was hooked on to the time Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Jan 11, 2016
- Day Three @ SeaThis morning the sea was again remarkably calm but there were storm clouds overhead. Forecast high temperature is 30°C and the humidity is increasing. Sunrise is later again today and is due at 06:30. The ship continues Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Jan 11, 2016
- Bali - KutaOK - just a short note and soe nice photos.
We left Melbourne quite early - 10 qm flight out that arrived about 12.30 local time (3.30 melbourne time)
by the time we'd clared the airport we got too our hotel forthe Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Jan 8, 2016