- Day 16: Flores Sea, Indonesia We went to Gili Lawa so I could climb a little mountain. We went snorkeling at Pulau Lasa, an island with red sand (from dead coral?).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/659866/lar Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 15: Flores Sea, Indonesia We went to the islands Palau Moyo and Palau Satonda. Trekked through some rivers and waterfalls. Lotsa hermit crabs and butterflies. Went snorkeling a bit. Saw some more dolphins and flying fish. Awesome! Oh, Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 13 - 17I had one rest day before I went on a 4 day/4 night cruise to Flores. I briefly stopped in a small museum which talked about the history and culture of Indonesia. The next morning it was up bright and Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 14: Flores Sea, IndonesiaWe're on a little boat with about 15 other kids. Most of them are French or French Canadian, but there're a couple Americans, too. Fun! We saw some dolphins. Good sign.
Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 13: Mataram, Lombok, Indonesia We checked out this cultural museum. It was about one big room of stuff. Some of it was cool, but the coolest things were locked away in another room.
Museum Negeri Nusa Tenggara Sarat: 8/10
Our hostel was the only Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 20, 2014
- JAKARTA, INDONESIA
Greater Jakarta is among the world’s largest cities, with an estimated 28 million people. The area in and around Jakarta was part of a 4th century Sudanese kingdom, Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 19, 2014
- Day 13 - At sea moving away from Bali!Today there was a crossing the line ceremony around the Aquarius pool at the rear of
the ship and Christine was front and centre, well at the side but in the front row
close to the action. She considered moving Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 12 - BaliOh my goodness! Nothing could have truly prepared us for today. Firstly, trying to get off the ship by tender. We were told that there could be as much as a 2 and a half hour delay going ashore but Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 11 - At sea heading towards BaliAnother sea day and we are doing our usual routine, nothing exciting to report. For every day we are on board we pay £3.50 (approx AU$7) each for gratuities. Last night were advised that we could reduce the amount of Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 17, 2014
- Day 12A short boat ride in the sun (which felt like eternity with this sunburn) and non-air-conditioned bus ride (I thought for sure my back was going to stick to the leather seats and peel off when I sat up) and Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 16, 2014
- Day 11Today was the perfect day to go snorkelling. It was raining in the morning, but had totally cleared up by the time I’d made my way to the boat. The boat had glass bottom panels, which was neat. We spent Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 16, 2014
- Random notes on Bali-There are natural springs everywhere, so people just bathe in them. We drank some of the water, but how clean is it? It tasted fine. Everyone says to not drink it, but we'll be here a month, Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 12: Mataram, Lombok, IndonesiaWe woke up at 730am to run to a random section of beach to wait for some dilapidated over-crowded longboat to take us back to the mainland of Lombok, the port at Bangsal. We rode a pony carriage to Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 11: Gili Trawangan, IndonesiaAt 1030am we went on a snorkeling trip to the three islands, Gilis Trawangar, Meno, and Air. The boat had a plexiglass bottom that we could see through. We saw some big fishies, and I even saw a Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 10: Gili Trawangan, IndonesiaWe took a bus to Padangbai, then a boat to Lombok then to Gili Trawangan (a little party island off of Lombok). We found our hotel without much trouble. It's nice. We took a little walk around Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 15, 2014
- Yogyakarta, Borobudur e PrambananCominciamo da Yogyakarta, che è stata la prima tappa sull'isola di Java e anche la meno entusiasmante. Dal minuscolo e decadente aeroporto – tanto per darvi un'idea, invece del classico tapis-roulant che distribuisce i bagagli c'erano alcune persone dedit Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 10After several calls to UPS (who told me I had to call my bank), my bank (who told me I had to call UPS, who then told me to call UPS Indonesia) and UPS Indonesia (I’m not sure what they Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 14, 2014
- Day 9With an hour of sleep I was up bright and early at 2am this morning to climb Mt Ganung Batur. We were dropped off at the base of the mountain at a coffee plantation. It’s one of those places that Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 58: Last Full Day in Bali, Indonesia 😥Today was, as you can see, my last full day in the absolutely perfect island of Bali.
Before I expound on the day's events, I would just like to give a shout out to our fabulous staff at the villa Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 12, 2014
- Bali-ByeThis morning Dave and Henry took a rafting trip down the Telaga Waga River.
From the first moment in the raft on the class IV river, the float proved to be truly exh Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 9: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaWe woke up at 2AM to hike up Ganung Batur, one of the highest peaks in Bali. It's about 1.7km. It was a nice climb, and we kinda saw the sunrise. Kinda. There were some low-hanging Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Mar 12, 2014
- Day 8: Ubud, Bali, IndonesiaToday we took a silver class. The teacher gave us no instructions. Here's some silver, here's some tools, go. The entire class took a few hours. I wish the teacher told me to try something a bit easier for a Posted by traveling_paj in Destination Unknown | Mar 11, 2014
- Day 8Well I’m still not sick, which is sweet because I never bought travel insurance. I don’t know how long it takes to get sick in a country though. Should I still be careful? *Drinking a pint of tap water*
Today I Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Mar 11, 2014
- Day 57: Crazy BirderToday was my penultimate full day in Bali, Indonesia. The morning and early afternoon was spent mainly relaxing and swimming at our villa, and then at 3 in the afternoon, our driver Made (pronounced Mardey) picked us up and my Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 11, 2014
- Indonesian name gameYou know that you've had plenty of family pool time when your 6-year-old starts playing make-believe "swim-up bar." We've had lots of pool time in Bali. Our villa and pool are just so fantastic that it's difficult to Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 11, 2014