- Final Stop in Tabriz, and Our Impressions of Iran
==Day 17 - February 7, 2017: Ahwaz to Tabriz (via Tehran)==
We departed Ahwaz, flew to Tehran and then continued to Tabriz, where we stayed at the El-Goli Pars Hotel for two nights.
Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 14, 2017
- Susa (Shush), Tchogha Zanbil Ziggurat & Shushtar
==Day 16: Monday, February 6, 2017 – Excursion from Ahwaz to Susa and Shustar==
On arrival in Ahwaz we checked into the Ahwaz Pars Hotel. The next day we did a full day excursion outs Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
- Shiraz, including Pasargadae & Persepolis
On arrival in Shiraz we checked into the Hotel Grand Shiraz, which would be our home for two nights.
==Day 13-15: February 3-5, 2017 – Shiraz==
Shiraz was once famed for its vineya Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
- Isfahan==Day 9: January 30 – Yazd to Isfahan==
We departed Yazd and drove from Yazd to Isfahan (4 hours - 323 kms).
==Meybod & Na'in Citadel==
En route we visited Meybod to see:
- N Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
==Day 7: January 28, 2017 – Drove from Kerman to Yazd==
We departed Kerman and drove to Yazd (4 hours - 369 kms.)
==Anar, Caravanserai & Village of Saryazd==
En route, we stop Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
==Day 5-6: January 26-27, 2017 - Tehran to Kerman (in the southeast part of Iran)==
We flew from Tehran to Kerman. Upon arrival in Kerman, we checked into our hotel, Kerman Pars Hot Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
[[http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14541327|Background/History of the Islamic Republic of Iran - right click and open in a new tab.]]
==Day 1: January 22, Posted by janejoe in Iran | Feb 13, 2017
- On the Silk Road- the final instalmentAfter a long train journey we arrived to a confusion of taxi drivers, pretty sure that is the collective term for taxi drivers. We added to the confusion by having an address to the See You in Iran (SYI) Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 15, 2017
- On the Silk Road-Part 3Breakfast, pay the bill, catch the taxi, jump on the bus and we were off to Yazd. More of the same countryside for the next four hours and then we arrived in Yazd. Although it appears a good deal smaller Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 13, 2017
- On the Silk Road-Part 2Off to Isfahan, the bus company were expecting us and had us squared away in no time. By 10:30 we were on the road (it was actually the 11:00 o'clock bus) trundling through a landscape of rugged mountains and flat Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 11, 2017
- On the Silk RoadThe Flight Out of The Promised Land
A flight delay of an hour out of Male to Colombo and some very poor parenting (read screaming bloody kids), on the flight didn't help to salve the pain of leaving our little piece Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 7, 2017
- IRAN Beware of travel with Arian ToursIRAN – Beware of travel with Arian Tours !!
We are a couple +/-60 and booked for October 2016 an individual 22-days tour through Iran with the Teheran tour operator "Arian Tours". The package included car, driver, guide, hotels. We have Posted by streiwo in IRAN - Beware of travel with Arian Tours | Dec 13, 2016
- siah gav twin lake in Abdanan citymy name is meisam zabzi
i want tell you more about my city
so you can see my photo in my profile
if you want coming to see this city i can help you
many people come here of different countrys to see siah Posted by MeisamS in siah gav twin lake in Abdanan city | Aug 7, 2016
- Searching for Oriental carpets along the Silk Routes of Iran
I asked the owner of Kashmir Emporium in Madras, India, the home of my youth, about Kashan and the origin of the design of my very first oriental carpet bought from him. This was in 1986, w Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Jun 29, 2015
- Funeral Traditions of Zoroastrians In Iran and IndiaIn my earlier blogs, I had written about funeral practices in Mali and Indonesia. These articles had more than 16000 visitors each. Therefore I decided to present here yet another interesting funeral practice of Persian Zoroastrians of Iran and Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Mar 8, 2015
- Iran - a country full of wondersI took the train from Ankara towards Tehran (price around 42€). The train sounded like a nice way to get into Iran and also cheap. The train left on wednesday from Ankara train station (a small yet nice station). The Posted by danics in World Away | Dec 7, 2014
- In the trail of the Persian Empire Darius the Great, Iran
Current day Iran and a part of ancient Persia sits in the cradle of civilization and a traveler Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Oct 11, 2014
- A Great day for the Holts. A Great day for the Holts. Teahouse in the hills, Agitated conversation on the path, Mad restaurant in town and the geniuses of Iran
Tea up in the foothills of the Alborz mountains today, sitting on a kind of wide four Posted by johnandjoan in John and Joan's Blog | Oct 8, 2014
- Dag 11 - MashhadSalam alikum,
Tänker försöka hålla mig kort. Har nu besökt Teheran, Esfahan samt Mashhad i Iran. Människorna i Iran är extremt trevliga och tillmötesgående. Jag kan rekommendera alla att åka hit. Speciellt om man är intresserad av historia.
Visst, d Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Sep 9, 2014
- Dag 8 - TeheranUngefär 40 timmar tog det. Jag tänkte att jag skulle vara lite kulturell och äta en kebab som lokalbefolkningen, från ett litet hål i väggen på en marknad. Ungefär 40 timmar från det att jag lämnade Sverige tills dess att Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Sep 5, 2014
- Una sosta nel deserto
C'erano giorni in cui mia madre, entrando in camera mia con passo deciso, lo sguardo terrorizzato e le palme tremanti, rivolte verso l'alto come in preghiera, lanciava i Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 11, 2014
- There's Nothing like your Mother country!And so after 3 months of travelling in Asia, we finished off Asia with a bit of Middle East... and not just any country, but the country we're both born in.. Hello Mother country IRAN! Even though we were both Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jan 9, 2014
- I versi dell'amore all'ombra della luna
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/22812/50B580E92219AC6817711F79180887E6.jpg Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 7, 2014
- Una tempesta di neve a ShirazNon piove mai qui a Shiraz.
La città soffre, da sempre, a causa di una forte siccità che ha reso celebri i suoi giardini come punto di incontro estivo, quando la temperatura sale e le strade sono impraticabili.
Come tutte Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 5, 2014
- Persepoli, Pasargadae, Nasq-e RostamA un'ora di strada da Shiraz, si trova il sito archeologico della mitica Persepoli, seconda capitale dell'impero achemenide, successiva a Pasargadae.
Contrariamente a quanto si può pensare, non era un luogo destinato ad essere usato in maniera permane Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 4, 2014