- Slainte Day 13
It's our last day here in Ireland and we are spending it touring Dublin on a hop on hop off tour bus. Bennett was pumped because
It was a double decker. We saw sights such as St. Patrick's Posted by tanyatyler in TNT and two kids take on Ireland | Apr 22, 2017
- Swan Lake
Today we are in Galway city, a major harbour city of Ireland. We weren't in any sort of rush today so we started off the morning by spending time in the hotel pool..the first time on this trip. Posted by tanyatyler in TNT and two kids take on Ireland | Apr 20, 2017
- Pirate failWe started our morning with quite a surprise...the boys slept in! It was 9:30 and we had to wake them up or we would miss breakfast..this time change is working in our favor for sure!!! We played in the Posted by tanyatyler in TNT and two kids take on Ireland | Apr 13, 2017
- And we're off!So it's been awhile but we are back to blogging! It's mostly because I was reading through some of our old blogs and I think I'm really funny. We are tackling Ireland this time around! Our travels aren't as Posted by tanyatyler in TNT and two kids take on Ireland | Apr 11, 2017
- Ireland - the South and WestThanks to some fantastic 'local' knowledge and advice from Stephen Boyle, we had been provided with a very comprehensive ten day itinerary for our whistle stop trip around Ireland. Stephen had also suggested reading "McCarthy's Bar" by Pete McCarthy. Deni Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Mar 27, 2017
- Ireland Day 18: Sláinte!
One of the great challenges for Americans driving in Ireland is keepin Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Mar 21, 2017
- Ireland Day 17: The Rocky Road to Dublin
Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture with the whole Moran family. However, we had a time wonderful visiting with all the Morans. Daniel was happy to see everyone again, and Catherine loved me Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Mar 21, 2017
- Ireland Day 16: There's Goodness In ItNote: It is just under a year since our last entry. When we came home we got back to our regular, day-to-day lives, and it was hard to blog. However, we wanted to finish our blog so that we could Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Mar 20, 2017
- County Galway - Kylemore AbbeyThis Blog is a day behind as I did not get to writing about yesterday’s visit to Kylemore Abbey, Connemara, Co. Galway. Even though the day was very chilly and windy, upon arrival at the Abbey Estate we Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Feb 10, 2017
- Bruff and the Rock of CashelI could not upload the beautiful rainbow over the colorful street with my last blogg. Here it is. Color and more color
We a Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Feb 5, 2017
- Getting readyWe made the lists, did the shopping and gathered everything in the conservatory, ready for packing. There is a bit of everything: stuff for the van, such as airfilters, brackets, steps, and lots of other stuff that I have no Posted by Tulip1945 in Around Lake Victoria | Feb 5, 2017
- Muckross HouseFeb 01
A on and off rainy day.....
We went to visit the Muckross House in Killarney. The restoration project on the majestic 19th century mansion is well underway, but a long way off from completion. The tour of Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Feb 3, 2017
- Lady of Kerry, Ring of KerryFeb 02/17
The coldest day of our travells with blustery winds and rain sent us on a drive to the Ring of Kerry. The wind was so strong I had trouble holding the camera to take this picture Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Feb 3, 2017
- Lady of Kerry, Ring of Kerry I am a little behind in tellling you of our great adventure, so I will do a little catch up here, starting with today and backtracking over the last couple of days.
We started the day with a visit Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Feb 3, 2017
- And I'll play the wild rover no never no moreFriday started as all good Fridays should – with a quick to Iceland to buy milk, followed by the consumption of cereal from a mug with a plastic spoon. We are nothing if not classy.
We headed to the bus Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 29, 2017
- I go, you go, we all go to SligoWe spent our Monday morning wandering the streets of Donegal town, and found this a fairly delightful thing to do. It is a conveniently small town, rather surprisingly so – especially since it is the town after which the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 28, 2017
- Butcher, Bakers and Candlestick MakersSaturday night we excitedly planned to attend a pub for music night. When 10 o’clock arrived and all the equipment checks had been completed, we were wowed by a one man 70's guitar band, but alas no Irish songs! Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Jan 24, 2017
- Carrigans, Carrigart and CarrickOur final morning in Carrigans was a misty one, but we defied the fog and decided to make for Grianan of Aileach, a hillfort that was supposed to afford fabulous 360 degree views on a clear day. It was Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 22, 2017
- The Book of KellsThe small seaside town of Bettystown is our home for three days. The Inn is situated in the middle of the tiny town and the view from our room could not be better.
The staff have catered to Posted by bcwalker in Walkers Wanders | Jan 20, 2017
- What's in a name?Right, time to explore Ulster… First stop Carrickfergus Castle. We had the place all to ourselves, and got to enjoy the views and play dress ups without any other pesky tourists around to spoil the fun. Oh Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 19, 2017
- H is for haitchWe set off to Portadown in the crisp morning air, with a delicate layer of snow covering the countryside. We passed a truck with a slogan painted on its side that left us quite confused as to what it Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 19, 2017
- To whom it may concernDear Stena Line,
Thankyou for transporting my husband and I from Liverpool to Belfast safely. I really appreciate your efforts in that regard. I did not, however, appreciate being told to vacate my cabin half an hour before arriving Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jan 18, 2017
- IrelandWe arrived in Ireland on a drizzly Monday and after smoothing out a couple of issues with the rental car we headed to Hugo's family 'hatbox' in Mayo. Here we spent a few days just chilling, catching up on our Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Dec 14, 2016
- DublinWhen we last left our traveller's, they were in Southern Spain on October 6th. On that day, we woke up early and got on the road at 8am in Granada and arrived in Madrid around 1pm. It was bizarre that Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Oct 25, 2016
- Dublin Pub ReviewWhen planning a trip to Ireland, it would be foolish to overlook the pubs. So much of Ireland's culture is in the pubs - in the food, in the drinks shared by friends and colleagues to blow off steam from Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Oct 17, 2016