- Sunny Spells/Bin the PooScenes from our last full day in Dublin.
I took a nice yoga class at The [[http://www.yoga.ie/|Yoga Room]] this morning, and later we had a little lunch at Herbert Park on this first day of August with 'sunny spells' as they Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 1, 2015
- Last days in Dublin[float=right][/float]Our days are coming to an end in Dublin.
We stayed in Shankill for two weeks in a charming apartment, at a very nice location, through airbnb. We only briefly met th Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jul 31, 2015
- Near the Best Day Ever It isn't like there are any typical days on a trip to Ireland. It is a beautiful country and with a trip like ours where we are seeing something new and amazing every day. Today, like every day, we had Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 30, 2015
- Aran Islands, Gulway,Wesport, Donegal We have been so busy that we have been slacking on our blogging duties. So much has happened in the last 4 days that I am not sure I will get it all in, or remember it. But here goes. Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 29, 2015
- It's so green in Ireland!To save the time and hassle associated with flying (I am so over regional European airports after Marseille) and to use a different mode of travel, I booked us onto the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin. We had a lovely Posted by suel1960 in Sue's 2015 adventure continued | Jul 28, 2015
- Holmsey's Hop Buddy TeamsHolmsey’s Hop Teams
Travel Buddy Teams
Lynda Taras Baba
Karen Jorgen, St
Jennifer Smith (Olna)
Catherine Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Jul 25, 2015
- Coming home to WalesDad and Daf had a late night on Wednesday, and took a while to get going the next morning. When they eventually did, we split up, with the parents and I going for a looped walk around a nearby village.
As Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 24, 2015
- Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Caves, and FrioriesBeen a few days since our last blog entry because we have been so busy. We are getting up at about 7 each morning and touring hard until things close at about 5. After that we usually get involved in Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 24, 2015
- Doing it all in Donegal (part 2)Today we woke up to Dafydd doing a radio interview on a national station. The interviewer apologised to him on behalf of the entire nation, and people texted in saying that they hope he gets well soon, and that they Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Doing it all in Donegal (part 1)I had to break this entry into two, because there are plenty of photos, reflecting the incredible scenery we've seen in the last two days.
Let's go back to yesterday then, when the first highlight was buying the newspaper in Letterkenny Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- SignpostsI like to know where I am going.
When hiking, I am comforted when signposts appear and confirm we are on the right path. In life, the signposts can be harder to spot. George does a gre Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- History, beer and deathWe started the day with a visit to Dublinia, a museum dedicated to the city’s Viking and medieval past. Amongst other things, I learnt that the Vikings didn’t really raid that much, because it needed some seriously good weather to Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 20, 2015
- Holmsey Hare's HopOver the last few weeks I've had a fair few deliveries go missing. I always get proof of postage but that only proves I posted it, not that it will get there.
The parcels that go missing seem to be Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Jul 20, 2015
- Beara Peninsula, Ring of Kerry and Kilarney I would love to be able to describe each picture to you and where it was taken but to be honest I am starting to lose track. We have spent the last couple of days on the Beara Peninsula and Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 20, 2015
- A schmuck of the IrishLeaving Nana to relax in bed, the parentals and I went early to Kilmainham Gaol, the old Dublin prison. We heard more about the men and women of the 1916 Uprising, and about the victims of the civil war. It’s Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 18, 2015
- Ooooooo Mizen Head and Some Other Pretty StuffNo castles or churches or walking through some rich dudes house today, instead we are headed off to the Beara Peninsula, which I think is a less visited place than Dingle or Kerry but I suspect just a gorgeous. The Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 17, 2015
- Great craicWe left picturesque Edern mid-morning, stopping only at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch, a town famous for its name and not much else. The train station area was unbelievably crowded with tourists, most of them on bus tours, all Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jul 17, 2015
- What the Blarney? and Cork Gaol So today was a pretty laid back day, we didnt have much planned and it that was a god thing. The first thing on the agenda was the famous Blarney Castle. This is the home of the famous Blarney Stone Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 17, 2015
- Kinsale and Cobh This day was one of the best yet. We were both surprised and delighted by the 2 wonderful seaside towns we visited today. The first was Kinsale. This is a very pretty town and it has a ton to see Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 17, 2015
- July in DublinWe flew back to Dublin to stay for three weeks of rest before heading back to the U.S. We spent the first couple of nights at a B&B, then a hotel, then took a nice long walk from Donnybrook to Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jul 15, 2015
- Crystals, Cork and Bog CheeseBusy times in Ireland not much time to blog about it, which of course is a sign of a successful trip. It actually brings to mind a point that Sydney made the other day. I asked her if we were Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 14, 2015
- Seaside Wonderment My lovely Irish guest took us on a much different excursion today. We visited a number of seaside towns and took a phenomenal seaside drive along the Copper Coast Road. The first stop was the seaside town of Ardmore. We Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 12, 2015
- Castles and Cathedrals For the last couple of days Sydney and I have been with a friend of mine that I met on The Camino De Santiago 5 years ago. She has been gracious enough to show us around Tipperary where she lives. Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 11, 2015
- Natural Beauty and Catholic/Monastic HistoryI think it is impossible to have a bad day in Ireland. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it in. Today was a full plate of highlights from dawn until evening. I do Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 9, 2015
- Bad Kitty Escapes and is Welcomed in IrelandWhen we last spoke Bad Kitty was facing certain destruction in Las Vegas! But the Kitty has escaped to Paris and is sure to find his way to Ireland. Do not ask how, just except his escape from the electric Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 8, 2015