- Israel and Jordan '. Day. 39"
A cab to the airport was such a great idea. With four of us it wasn't that much more expensive and so much less stressful. We flew on Ezejet from Paris to Tel Aviv for Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Nov 3, 2015
- October 22 Day 10October 22 Tel Aviv
Today is the free tour of Jaffa. Our guide, Nicola, is a Jew from Britain.
We saw the door to Simon's home, although it is in a 19th century building. This is where Peter realized he should Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- October 21 Day 9Day 9 On to Tel Aviv
Up at 7 to make sure we are ready for our 9:30 taxi. He arrived right on time. Cost was 64 Euros.
After arriving in Tel Aviv we caught another taxi to our hotel. Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- Food, Food, and FoodMaybe it sounds like and Aweful title....However home-made food was the highlight of the trip. People show their love through cooking.
Cooking is not just eating it is part of ritual that embarks a lot of family gathering and talking about Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Love the smell of the baking bread....smell of the oak treesTwo years have passed since last I have been to my Town. I looked at the houses, trees, streets, people....rush of emotions came through me...
It is my childhood that has been shaped in this small village that is not small Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Being In my Home town....Since we arrived after midnight we just saw my immediate family and went in took a shower and head to sleep.
The children slept so well....I am the only one that couldn't adjust....Couple of things that I have in mind to Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Moscow AirportWe arrived at Moscow and our next flight is departing in 2 hours....We need to go through security check point through small doors.
While waiting to go through security I chatted with women next to me that she and her 2 Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- JerusalemWe left New York in atypical freezing spring weather, and arrived in Israel to an atypically moist mild spring! The Tel Aviv-Jerusalem Highway was sheathed in fresh green, the hills around Jerusalem also green rather than gold.
We stayed Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Apr 29, 2015
- DC and IsraelIt has been difficult to write blog entries when there's so much we want to explore, so please forgive us for not writing sooner or at greater length. After leaving South America to start the next legs of our honeymoon Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Apr 23, 2015
- JerusalemSeder night in Jerusalem 2015-we're excited to be joining Zel and Riza, their two beautiful Israeli sons Nadav and Eyal, Riza's mum Pauline visiting from Florida, and Jerusalemite friend Tamar. We're imitating the locals; this is to be our sole Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Apr 5, 2015
- Time Flies When You are Climbing Ancient Ruins So, I am exhausted from all of the exploring we have been doing lately so I haven't been able to post much. All day we adventure and then we come back to the hotel, freshen-up, grab dinner, then sit down Posted by fullifescenario in Israel | Mar 31, 2015
- ForeignersWe finally landed safe and sounds in Israel, but 11 hours on a plane is no picnic, let me tell you what. You have a space that is 1.5 feet wide and 3 feet long to spend your trip in, Posted by fullifescenario in Israel | Mar 26, 2015
- West Banksy
“We build too many walls and not enough bridges” Isaac Newton
Build something high and wide enough and you should never have to worry about whatever it is that frightens you Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Jan 31, 2015
- IsraelCraters and Kittens
We cross the border into Israel, to the seaside resort city of Eilat. It looks clean and modern but we don’ Posted by nbergh in Where to Gumshoe? | Oct 31, 2014
- Israel in October - Part 1Israel. It's a home for divisions, sectarianism and violence (compare the Judean People's Front in Life of Brian).
At the same time Israel is a wondrous place, a cultural and modern oasis in the desert and home to the high-tech hub Posted by BradB in Tales of Travels | Oct 15, 2014
- Jerusalem, Israel[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Sep 30, 2014
- Dead Sea A quiet Saturday, so no report.
Today, it was back to my favourite car hire place (for the third time) to get a cheap car (and inefficient service).
Then it was off to the Dead Sea with Stephane (a French guy I Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- These Piggies are not Terrorists: Israel Part IIIt was hard for the piggies to leave Palestine. Part of them really wanted to just stay there for their remaining three days. But they also thought Haifa might be interesting.
Haifa was okay. The highlights being the Baha'i gardens:
[img=http://phot Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 6, 2014
- Excitement at the Sea of GalileeTo make up for the recent lack of news, I had an amazing day today.
I caught up with Avner & Inbar, who stayed with me some months ago (AirBNB).
I drove to Inbar's mother's house near Nazareth & we drove up Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 5, 2014
- Tel Aviv lazynessSorry - not much to report, but having a good time in Tel Aviv.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- Invisible man goes to JerusalemI'm really over the total absence of customer service from some people in customer service roles here.
Today, I went to the ticket/information window at the bus terminal.
The guy was on two iPhones (ie - personal, not business) at once and Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 2, 2014
- A Holy PigrimageFrom Cyprus, the pigs headed to Israel. Many questioned why they would go to an active war zone...those were perfectly valid questions...
Luckily for the piggies, a ceasefire began around the time the piggies flew to Tel Aviv, August 12th. They Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 2, 2014
- North It was the first day of school here today, sort of good, as local kids are out of the equasion during the week now.
Today, I hired a car and drove as far north as yo Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Tel AvivSunday...a normal working day in Israel...and still hot and humid.
A day of walking around, mostly with a new friend (who is doing his law PhD in Stanford, but home for the break).
We went to the oritinal area of Tel Aviv, Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- JaffaLate this morning, I walked to Jaffa and back.
It's stinking hot during the day, so the 2.5 hour trip was enough for the day.
Saturday is the Sabbath and many things (including public transport and the markets) are closed.
I'll let the Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 30, 2014