- IsraelCraters and Kittens
We cross the border into Israel, to the seaside resort city of Eilat. It looks clean and modern but we don’ Posted by nbergh in Where to Gumshoe? | Oct 31, 2014
- Israel in October - Part 1Israel. It's a home for divisions, sectarianism and violence (compare the Judean People's Front in Life of Brian).
At the same time Israel is a wondrous place, a cultural and modern oasis in the desert and home to the high-tech hub Posted by BradB in Tales of Travels | Oct 15, 2014
- Jerusalem, Israel[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Sep 30, 2014
- Dead Sea A quiet Saturday, so no report.
Today, it was back to my favourite car hire place (for the third time) to get a cheap car (and inefficient service).
Then it was off to the Dead Sea with Stephane (a French guy I Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- These Piggies are not Terrorists: Israel Part IIIt was hard for the piggies to leave Palestine. Part of them really wanted to just stay there for their remaining three days. But they also thought Haifa might be interesting.
Haifa was okay. The highlights being the Baha'i gardens:
[img=http://phot Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 6, 2014
- Excitement at the Sea of GalileeTo make up for the recent lack of news, I had an amazing day today.
I caught up with Avner & Inbar, who stayed with me some months ago (AirBNB).
I drove to Inbar's mother's house near Nazareth & we drove up Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 5, 2014
- Tel Aviv lazynessSorry - not much to report, but having a good time in Tel Aviv.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- Invisible man goes to JerusalemI'm really over the total absence of customer service from some people in customer service roles here.
Today, I went to the ticket/information window at the bus terminal.
The guy was on two iPhones (ie - personal, not business) at once and Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 2, 2014
- A Holy PigrimageFrom Cyprus, the pigs headed to Israel. Many questioned why they would go to an active war zone...those were perfectly valid questions...
Luckily for the piggies, a ceasefire began around the time the piggies flew to Tel Aviv, August 12th. They Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 2, 2014
- North It was the first day of school here today, sort of good, as local kids are out of the equasion during the week now.
Today, I hired a car and drove as far north as yo Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Tel AvivSunday...a normal working day in Israel...and still hot and humid.
A day of walking around, mostly with a new friend (who is doing his law PhD in Stanford, but home for the break).
We went to the oritinal area of Tel Aviv, Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- JaffaLate this morning, I walked to Jaffa and back.
It's stinking hot during the day, so the 2.5 hour trip was enough for the day.
Saturday is the Sabbath and many things (including public transport and the markets) are closed.
I'll let the Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 30, 2014
- Tel AvivIt's hot!
I tried a cappucino this morning (something I didn't bother with in Greece) and it was good!
Then a workout at the gym.
Then I went to the Hilton Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 29, 2014
- Tel AvivI woke too early, but discovered mother and child outside my door.
Then it was off to the airport for the trip to Tel Aviv.
A great view from the plane when taxyi Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- Day 4- Hebron, Kiryat Arba, Sde Boaz8:40-
Boker Tov everyone!
Our first night in Jerusalem was good, although the noise of the city was quite different than the quiet of the Shomron. Yesterday was Jerusalem Day, the celebration of the reunification of Jerusalem, so there were activities Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 29, 2014
- Day 3- Morning8:10-
We are having a quick teaching session before leaving for the day.
We had our final breakfast here in the Shomron...various salad fixings, hummus, tuna, different cheeses, yogurt, eggs, Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 27, 2014
- From the Airport9:51
We are at our gate at the airport. I wish it was the beginning of the week and we were just arriving. We bid farewell to our beloved guide Moshe before supper. He would be hitchhiking to his Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 3, 2014
- Day 8- Golan HeightsHello everyone,
I apologize but I wrote a whole post that somehow was deleted when I went to publish it. I will have to repost in the morning. It is already ten thirty and it has been another intense day. Goodnight Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 2, 2014
- The End of Day 7Hello everyone,
We have had a very full day. I apologize, but I will have to post tomorrow. The wifi in our rooms is too slow for uploading pictures and even doing much on the internet at all. I Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 1, 2014
- Shabbat in JerusalemHello everyone,
While I have time today on Shabbat, I figured I would post some pictures from this past week and catch up on the blog.
The ones below are from our first day, when we were at Shilo, of the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 31, 2014
- Day 5- Preparation for the Sabbath12:17-
We are in the Old City at a store called Shoreshim. The owner Moshe is at the center of Christian/Jewish dialogue in Jerusalem, trying to bring understanding and unity between our two faiths.
This morning we went to the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 30, 2014
- Day 5- Jerusalem 8:22am-
We just finished breakfast and are getting ready to head out for the day. I believe we will be in the Old City of Jerusalem most of the day, so I am not sure if I will be Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 29, 2014
- Goodnight from Jerusalem10:22-
It has been a very full day today. We didn't get to supper again until between seven and seven thirty. Not having the wifi has made it challenging to do anything over the past couple of days...thankfully Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 28, 2014
- Evening of Day 29:24pm-
Shalom everyone...I didn't have wifi on the bus today so was not able to write along the way. It is late but I want to at least post some pictures.
We began our day at Shilo, the site where the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Day 27:18-
Boker Tov everyone!
We have adjusted to Israel time now and are ready for a new day after a good night's sleep.
I am not sure if I will be able to post while on the road today; we had to change Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014