- Caesarea and final days On Friday we visited Caesarea with Gitta and Adi. Pronounced kay-sar-re-ya in Hebrew it is one of the great ancient cities on the Mediterranean. First developed by Heod in 22 BCE, it was conquered and destroyed many times since. Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 27, 2016
- Mitzpeh Ramon and Tel AvivWednesday we had an amazing day visiting and hiking the Ramon Makhtesh.
The makhtesh is not a crater like the Grand Canyon or other craters or canyons. It is not an impact crater but a geological formation in the Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 24, 2016
- Trip south Today, Tuesday, we started a 2 day trip with Gitta and Adi to the desert. After meeting and having coffee in Kiryat Gat, our trip started with a stop at the Joe Alon Center, the Center for studies of Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 22, 2016
- Jerusalem We spent two full days experiencing the culture and people of Jerusalem.
On Sunday, which is Israel's Monday, we visited the Rockefeller museum, an amazing archeological wonder. Opened in 1930, it houses artifacts found in excavations in the 1920s and Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 21, 2016
- Akko and JerusalemOn Friday my father's first cousins drove us to Akko (or Acre in English). It is just north of Haifa and is an ancient port city. It's history dates to the crusaders and some say Marco Polo stopped Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 19, 2016
- Tel Aviv foodSome images of different foods we saw today:
Spices at Carmel Market
A tray of Halavah in the market. Not my thing but the variety looks amazing:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 16, 2016
- Tel Aviv with OrenI highly recommend visiting Israel in November! The temperatures have been in the low to mid 20s instead of on the summertime 30s and the nights have been pleasant.
On Sunday Oren and Gitta and walked along the boardwalk in Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 15, 2016
- Good friends
After a long day traveling from Vancouver through Toronto, it was amazing to be greeted at the airport by my longest and dearest friend Gitta! Thank you Gitta. We spent a quiet afternoon at Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 12, 2016
- Israel 18 years laterHi:
After much talk and planning we are heading to Israel for our first visit in 18 years. Along the way we will write about what we see and do and send some pictures. Thank you Joey for prompting me Posted by Vita and Mel in Israel November 2016 | Nov 10, 2016
- Day 2 in the LandToday was an incredible day of learning and fun. We began the day with an up close and personal look at a boat from Jesus' day that was found silt and sand of the Sea of Galilee. Then, Posted by Budwenzel in Bud Wenzel's Israel Journeys | Sep 4, 2016
- More Pictures from Day 1Tell Megiddo model before walking the site
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/210306/IMG_0873.jpg thumb=http://photos.trave Posted by Budwenzel in Bud Wenzel's Israel Journeys | Sep 3, 2016
- First Steps in the LandThe first day of our journey was awesome! After a nice breakfast at a resort on the Mediterranean Sea, we headed up the coast to Caesarea. There we stopped at a Two Thousand year old amphitheater built by Posted by Budwenzel in Bud Wenzel's Israel Journeys | Sep 3, 2016
- Jerusalem and Beyond, and a failed border crossingOn Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath, many things were closed. We did, however, manage to visit the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall|Western wailing wall]] up close, and walk the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Via_Dolorosa|Via Dolorosa]], the sup Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Aug 22, 2016
- JerusalemAfter an uneventful first day in Jerusalem of settling in and buying groceries for the week, today we took our first tour called Jesus of Jerusalem, a walking tour of many of the important sights of Jesus. It was Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Aug 14, 2016
- Galilee - Day 7We met Shraga at 7 AM for our final day in Israel. Today's panoramic view came from atop the Mount of Precipice.
We could see the fertile Jordan Rift Valley
[img=ht Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 20, 2016
- Jerusalem - Day 6We met Shraga at 7:30 AM, and headed towards Jerusalem, a two hour drive on Shabbat, due to light traffic.
We passed this monument as we entered the city.
We star Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 18, 2016
- Haifa - Day 5After our face to face meeting onboard with Israeli immigration, we disembarked at 8 AM and met our guide, Shraga, who will be with us for the next three days.
We began our day with a trip up Mt. Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 17, 2016
- Jezzar Pasha MosqueFrom the neutral territory of Geneva, I travel to the tumultuous country of Israel. With racism rampant and unceasing form both sides, I am going to have to try to be super careful with how I interact with people. I Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- Israel and Jordan '. Day. 39"
A cab to the airport was such a great idea. With four of us it wasn't that much more expensive and so much less stressful. We flew on Ezejet from Paris to Tel Aviv for Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Nov 3, 2015
- October 22 Day 10October 22 Tel Aviv
Today is the free tour of Jaffa. Our guide, Nicola, is a Jew from Britain.
We saw the door to Simon's home, although it is in a 19th century building. This is where Peter realized he should Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- October 21 Day 9Day 9 On to Tel Aviv
Up at 7 to make sure we are ready for our 9:30 taxi. He arrived right on time. Cost was 64 Euros.
After arriving in Tel Aviv we caught another taxi to our hotel. Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- Food, Food, and FoodMaybe it sounds like and Aweful title....However home-made food was the highlight of the trip. People show their love through cooking.
Cooking is not just eating it is part of ritual that embarks a lot of family gathering and talking about Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Love the smell of the baking bread....smell of the oak treesTwo years have passed since last I have been to my Town. I looked at the houses, trees, streets, people....rush of emotions came through me...
It is my childhood that has been shaped in this small village that is not small Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Being In my Home town....Since we arrived after midnight we just saw my immediate family and went in took a shower and head to sleep.
The children slept so well....I am the only one that couldn't adjust....Couple of things that I have in mind to Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Moscow AirportWe arrived at Moscow and our next flight is departing in 2 hours....We need to go through security check point through small doors.
While waiting to go through security I chatted with women next to me that she and her 2 Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015