- Day 4- Hebron, Kiryat Arba, Sde Boaz8:40-
Boker Tov everyone!
Our first night in Jerusalem was good, although the noise of the city was quite different than the quiet of the Shomron. Yesterday was Jerusalem Day, the celebration of the reunification of Jerusalem, so there were activities Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 29, 2014
- Day 3- Morning8:10-
We are having a quick teaching session before leaving for the day.
We had our final breakfast here in the Shomron...various salad fixings, hummus, tuna, different cheeses, yogurt, eggs, Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 27, 2014
- From the Airport9:51
We are at our gate at the airport. I wish it was the beginning of the week and we were just arriving. We bid farewell to our beloved guide Moshe before supper. He would be hitchhiking to his Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 3, 2014
- Day 8- Golan HeightsHello everyone,
I apologize but I wrote a whole post that somehow was deleted when I went to publish it. I will have to repost in the morning. It is already ten thirty and it has been another intense day. Goodnight Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 2, 2014
- The End of Day 7Hello everyone,
We have had a very full day. I apologize, but I will have to post tomorrow. The wifi in our rooms is too slow for uploading pictures and even doing much on the internet at all. I Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | Jun 1, 2014
- Shabbat in JerusalemHello everyone,
While I have time today on Shabbat, I figured I would post some pictures from this past week and catch up on the blog.
The ones below are from our first day, when we were at Shilo, of the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 31, 2014
- Day 5- Preparation for the Sabbath12:17-
We are in the Old City at a store called Shoreshim. The owner Moshe is at the center of Christian/Jewish dialogue in Jerusalem, trying to bring understanding and unity between our two faiths.
This morning we went to the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 30, 2014
- Day 5- Jerusalem 8:22am-
We just finished breakfast and are getting ready to head out for the day. I believe we will be in the Old City of Jerusalem most of the day, so I am not sure if I will be Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 29, 2014
- Goodnight from Jerusalem10:22-
It has been a very full day today. We didn't get to supper again until between seven and seven thirty. Not having the wifi has made it challenging to do anything over the past couple of days...thankfully Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 28, 2014
- Evening of Day 29:24pm-
Shalom everyone...I didn't have wifi on the bus today so was not able to write along the way. It is late but I want to at least post some pictures.
We began our day at Shilo, the site where the Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Day 27:18-
Boker Tov everyone!
We have adjusted to Israel time now and are ready for a new day after a good night's sleep.
I am not sure if I will be able to post while on the road today; we had to change Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Done for the Day7:25-
We just finished eating supper. It has been a long day. It feels like we have been here for several days already.
After we finished at Har Bracha we went to Elon Moreh, where God showed Abraham the land. Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
We just finished in the community of Zufim, which was founded over twenty four years ago. The Jewish communities in the Shomron are built on hilltops, the least fertile places. From the top of the hill at Zufim we could Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Karnei Shomron10:19-
We are in the community of Karnei Shomron with the director of the organization handling our tour, Sondra Baras with Christian Friends of Israeli Communities. Karnei Shomron was founded in 1977. It is made up of three neighborhoods on Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 26, 2014
- BreakfastHere is a picture of our group in the dining hall during breakfast.
We had a delicious Israeli breakfast this morning, with a cucumber and tomato salad, tuna, olives, Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 25, 2014
- First Morning in Israel6:34am-
Boker Tov (good morning) to everyone!
Most of us are still adjusting to the time change here. Desire and I were awake several times throughout the night, and finally stayed up from 3:30 on.
It is a rather cool morning Posted by Jordan Long in Israel Study Tour 2014 | May 25, 2014
- The Promised Land - just in timeWe have attempted to visit Israel a number of times but have been frustrated by wars, passport stamp problems and my preference for a pork meal at least once a week. Its impossible to drive there at present due to Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | May 15, 2014
- Day 11(Sorry this is more abbreviated than my entry was just 20 minutes ago but it didn't save and when I tried to post only a small part was saved so I am now re-doing my blog so it is not Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 9, 2014
- Day 10If my writing stops and your screen suddenly is covered with goo it is because my head has exploded from all the information and emotion that has been poured, plunged, gushed and jammed into it over these past days. It Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 8, 2014
- Day 8Another beautiful day is Israel. Fortunate for us but not so fortunate for the Israelis as they would like rain! It was sunny and cool but warm in the sun. So after breakfast, which was different than our previous hotel Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 6, 2014
- Day 7Today was a day on the move. We had breakfast and finished packing up and took all of our stuff down to the bus. They loaded our bags on and we loaded our bodies on and off we went. We Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 5, 2014
- Day 6Another very good day full of activity and learning. It was nice to sleep in a bit later this morning. We didn't have to be ready to leave until 8:30. The nice thing about breakfast time is we sit and Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 4, 2014
- 2011 D1 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXVIII - BETHLEHEMWE EXIT THE SUEZ CANAL & TURN RIGHT FOR ASHOD IN ISREAL INSTEAD OF ALEXANDRIA IN EGYPT.
SOME PASSENGERS FELT THAT SKIPPING EGYPT IN FAVOUR OF ISRAEL WAS A BIT LIKE JUMPING OUT OF THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE & Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- Day 5Day 5
Today a very different day than we have had so far. Much more listening and not as much walking and moving around. It made for a harder day since listening is tough when there is no discussion more of Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 3, 2014
- A brief reflectionJust a few thoughts to share after a good night's sleep....
Bethlehem is now surrounded by a 10 meter high concrete wall built by the Israelis for someone's protection. Not sure who's as our guide is a Palestinian Christian that said Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 2, 2014