- Bologna, Italy [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/F61C4D6B2219AC68174E4E4C41EA3BCF.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 20, 2014
mooie omgeving Posted by Otten Patrick in test | Apr 17, 2014
- Day Sixteen - Messina, SicilyIt was a leisurely morning, as we were not scheduled to dock at Messina until noon. We were able to see Stromboli, an active volcano, from the ship.
The Captain opene Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 17, 2014
- My trip to MilanMILAN is Italy’s business capital, urban, and grey (literally since it was drizzling when we got there and everything seemed grey to me). For short trips to Italy, I’d recommend that people skip Milan since it doesn’t fulfill the usual Posted by Kate T. in Itchy Feet | Apr 16, 2014
- Arrival in RomeWe disembarked the ship around 9 am. I couldn't eat much breakfast as I all of a sudden! got really nervous. What if all these plans I had made on the net did not come to fruition? Posted by BeeGood2 in Our Italian Odyssey | Apr 15, 2014
- Siracusa , Sicily [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/FCEE9CD02219AC6817FB3FFE49462D2C.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 15, 2014
- Palermo, Sicily [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/FBD59A362219AC6817F9B67CF0E8A92C.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 15, 2014
- Day Fifteen - Civitaveccia Today marks the end of the first 11-day segment of our 33-day cruise. This means that many people are disembarking the ship today. We are very grateful that we are not among that group! Skies were gloomy this morning; Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 15, 2014
- Day Fourteen - NaplesThis should be subtitled "Thank God we did not get hit by a car or Vespa." The drivers here are wild. Traffic lights appear to be mere suggestions. We would try to look for the natives and just Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 15, 2014
- Day Thirteen - Palermo (Sicily)Due to the fact that it was Palm Sunday, many sites in Palermo were closed. On our ambitious walking tour, we saw the Teatro Massimo, one of the largest opera houses in Europe. This includes the decorated pony cart. Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 15, 2014
- Day Eleven - Day at SeaWe had to turn the clocks back last night, so we enjoyed the gift of an extra hour of sleep...... we will be less thrilled when they insist upon taking it back!
In a cruising history first, Charlie and I both Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 15, 2014
- Day Ten - LivornoSo happy to be back in Italy! We watched the sun rise as we had breakfast. We had an early start, and took a tour with three other couples to the Tuscan countryside. We started out in Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 15, 2014
- Arrivederci ItaliaOur final week in Italy was spent in places that were a world away from everything we had already experienced. The toe and heal are full of surprises.
Our first stop for th Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Apr 7, 2014
- Sicily - The Land of CannoliA short ferry ride takes us from mainland Italy to the island of Sicily and despite it being only about 30 minutes away; it feels like a different country.
First imp Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Mar 31, 2014
- Under the Calabrian SunWe are now at the halfway mark of our journey and after many months of travelling we finally made it to Badolato, a medieval village in Calabria, Southern Italy, population 300. It is also the village where my mum lived Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Mar 29, 2014
- Amalfi PostcardsAfter driving through some of the most unappealing areas of Italy we finally made it to paradise – The Amalfi Coast.
We arrived at Atrani, a small village a Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Mar 18, 2014
- SicilyWhat?! It has been a month since I have written anything. Wow! Time flies.
For Valentine's day we took a quick little trip to Trapani, Sicily for a little rock climbing and Vitamin D intake. Check and check. We have this Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Mar 12, 2014
- Roma... The good, the bad and the uglyOur time in Rome has come to an end. During our time there we experienced it all – the good, the bad and the ugly.
First, the good.
The food. Like everywhere we ha Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Mar 9, 2014
- All Roads Lead To...: Back to RomaAs hard as it was to believe, my I-finally-have-a-PhD trip was coming to an end. The ship was back in port and I was disembarking for the final time. Fortunately, my flight did not leave until that evening, so I Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Mar 3, 2014
- All Roads Lead To...: NaplesAnyone who has ever travelled knows not every day is wonderful and not every moment is one to be remembered. Fortunately, most of the time I can look back on the less than fun times and remember the enjoyable parts, Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Mar 2, 2014
- A February to remember....[center][/center]
Our time in Florence has come to an end. It is hard to believe we have been here for four weeks, time has flown by. Hilltop villages, museums, paintings, sculptures, chu Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Mar 1, 2014
- Sicily Feb 2014
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Darell in Sicily | Feb 27, 2014
- Where We Stayed: Semma LombardoI think I got so excited to write about where we ate in Italy that I forgot about the last hotel where we stayed on our trip. The Idea Hotel Milan Airport is located in the suburb of Semma Lombardo. Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Feb 22, 2014
We are now half way through our four week stay in Florence. When we were planning our trip we knew that we wanted to stay somewhere for an extended period of time, not t Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Feb 16, 2014
- RomeWe arrived in Rome after another long train ride, very exited to be in Italy. Immediately the city consumes you, it is so exciting, full of sounds and smells and energy! The taxi dropped us to the address of the Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 15, 2014