- BootsWe arived back from our day's journeying to a warm house. Finally we've worked out how to heat the place properly so we're not wearing more inside than when we go out! And so we relax....The table is Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- WierdSponge Bob Square Pant's giant effigy loomed large in the narrow, high walled alleyway. Suddenly he bowed precariously, stumbled and fell, narrowly missing Patrick the pink star fish in his decent.
Mufasa, Lion King, followed up in the rear roaring Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 22-23So the meal prepared by Alex was venison ragù served over linguine, followed by tiramisu. It was a great last night for us with the rest of the tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/90_20160205_Chef_Alex.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 7, 2016
- Last SupperLayday today. We all chose to kick back and write, read, snooze, do whatever. Jordy had movie scenes in his head and in the afternoon had Harry and I running through the streets of Montaione shooting Gopro film. Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016
- TransitionsWe arose early enough to pack and allow for a hearty breakfast at Mario's place. "We leave today Mario", "No! Where you go to, where you come from?", "Si, where in a Australia?", "Brisbane No! I go there Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016
- Yesterday (4/2)We awoke at a civil hour and opened the shutters to a glorious day and the calls of builders across the street. At home I’d probably be annoyed, at the disturbance. Here the Italian voices were musical to Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 5, 2016
- Day 19-21It’s been snowing – everyone is very excited as it’s the first fresh snow since around the 12th January! The countryside has changed and the last two days have been what the locals call “blue and white” days! Equates to Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 5, 2016
- PathwaysI think we’ve reached that comfortable place in a vacation, where there’s a steady routine. Not a fixed routine but a travelling one like I imagine it might be for Bedouins or such like; we have collective memories Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 3, 2016
- Day 17-18Well, that certainly wasn’t how I’d thought we’d spend the day! Started out with a change of plan due to wind closing the Marmolada Glacier, bummer. But the guides decided we could do some of the Sella Ronda, so off Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 2, 2016
- Rome & FlorenceHello!
I know, I'm terrible. Good internet is a struggle to find. I'm now in Switzerland, which apparently has excellent Internet, so here's the update:
Rome is incredible. As I think I mentioned before, I'm going to go live there. Although that Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 1, 2016
- What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours.....Well! What a day! They day broke clear and bright and by mid morning there were more in T-shirts than jackets. We breakfasted on foccacia and coffee and headed immediately to Duomo. That's me. From Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 1, 2016
- Feed the man meat....and a little red wineIt was wet today, and dark. A perfect day for museum hopping! That said, the wet cobbles gave off a beautiful sheen that picked up the cafe lights in the evening and gave everything a warm glow.
We went Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 31, 2016
- Day 15-16So nothing happens quickly in Italy – be ready for a 10.30am pick up means you might be on the transfer at 11.15am. Then a departure from the airport bus depot at 12noon – yes, you’ve guessed it try 1pm!!!!! Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 31, 2016
- Florence. Wow!I understand , I think, Joy, why you named Florence your favourite city. We've been here not five minutes and I'm ready to immigrate - just gorgeous.
We trained it from Rome to Florence on the fast train arriving around Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 30, 2016
- Day 13-14Early start to the day, and a quick flight and we’re in Venice. Unbelievable really – check out the floor of the baggage hall in Venice Marco Polo airport! Stunning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/20160128_100752.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 29, 2016
My visit to the floating city was a great success! We took a water taxi into the city in the morning, as our hotel was on the mainland, and immediately began a walking tour from Piazza San Marco. Our tour Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 28, 2016
- When in RomeVery early start .....up at 3:30am to take on the Ryanair challenge. As it turned out, Ryanair were brilliant but the airport services (fuel etc) were a little difficult to locate. At the servo, a high pitch squeel Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 27, 2016
- Gli Ultimi Giorni a FirenzeThursday was my last day in Firenze as on Friday I went to Venezia. The morning was spent at school with sad goodbyes to the teachers and staff.
Just when you thought the book saga had finished, another problem arose Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 26, 2016
- Scuola, Chiesa e Concerto...So my initial fear of grammar has given way to a deeper understanding and almost a love for it too...almost! I understand that language is developed and gains meaning with the correct use of grammar and so my confidence Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 25, 2016
- A week in PugliaAn opportunity to visit this magical region only took 30 seconds to say Yes, lets do it. As i am preparing to run tours , food & wine tours to be precise, i made contact with some specialists in the Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Jan 24, 2016
- San Siro MagicEurope has always been one of the places that I wanted to go since I started work. Unfortunate due to lack of money, followed by lack of time and then lack of interest from friends, I had been postponing this Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jan 23, 2016
- PisaWe had a slow start to the day... It is quite difficult to be on the go constantly and both Ivana and I have enjoyed the slower pace of the last few days, it is obvious that we really Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- Mi Piace Fare Lo Shopping!Check out these cute photos from yesterday's toilets at the Gelato Museum!
Il bagno con il gelato!!
Bologna has wi Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- BolognaOh how wonderful...today we have opted to take the day off scuola so that we can go to Bologna. It is the first time in 15 days that we have not rushed off to find or do something. Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 17, 2016
- The Uffizi GalleryHave we mentioned that on average we are walking about 12 kilometres a day!!! No wonder I fall asleep so quickly and sleep so well. Today is another day at scuola. We always start with grammar in the Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Jan 17, 2016