- Day 9Hello!
Today was our last day in Rome. We weren't really here for much of the day but we have one more night before leaving for Prato. Today involved a bit of bussing around the countryside to reach the day's sites. Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 4, 2016
- Day 8Hello!
Today was our day off to do as we pleased in Rome. Although the week has been very enjoyable, we were all looking forward to a day to ourselves and some recovery time for our poor brains, stuffed with new Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 3, 2016
- Day 7Hello everyone,
today was a little different to the last few days because the two sites we visited in the morning were founded in ancient Rome and built upon in later periods, and the rest of the day was spent in Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 2, 2016
- Mangia mangia mangia!On Friday morning we checked out of our Airbnb apartment, completing the interaction solely in Italian. Admittedly, there was not a lot of complexity to the conversation, but we still felt rather triumphant as we walked out the door. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 2, 2016
- Day 6Good evening,
today was an excellent day. I have said it in the two previous posts, but this one takes the cake. If you go to Rome, you MUST go to Ostia. No maybes, no excuses. There have been some stunners Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 1, 2016
- On the hunt for granitaWe were at the airport with plenty of time to spare - plenty of time for people watching, and more than ample time to eat our ftira with salami and cheese. I’m not sure than Hungarian salami and double Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 30, 2016
- Day 4Hello hello!
today was a very big day and the cold has finally started to set in in the form of icy winds, but the sky was still clear and blue and the sites were incredible!
We began at the Basilica Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 29, 2016
- Day 3Hello everyone!
Today we finally began our proper tour of Rome! It took no time at all for everyone to get chatting, and it has already proven to be a really good group of people. You can be talking to one Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 28, 2016
- Venice - Exploring the city and sightsThe weather started out overcast and rainy. We huddles under our one umbrella to the stand to buy our 2-day vaporetto (bus) passes.
We eagerly waited at the stop that we thought would take us east towards St. Mark's square Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 27, 2016
- Day 2Hello again,
surprisingly today was even less eventful than yesterday (one half of us is struggling a bit more than the other). There was too much energy too early, and we beat most of the rest of the city out of Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 27, 2016
- Rome, rugby, ruins and reunionAfter a few problems trying to get in from the airport, Laura, Peter and I rushed to the Stadio Olympico to see the All Blacks trounce Italy. The home crowd was excitable when Italy were in possession and we were Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Nov 27, 2016
- Day 1Hello!
So we finally made it here to Rome! Unfortunately not much was done when we first arrived because we were pretty tired and today wasn't as busy as I might have liked. But someone (mum) has requested I hurry up Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 26, 2016
- A quick introduction to VeniceIt was several hours on a train from Milan to Venice. It was a relief to sit for several hours at a time. We went through several towns I wanted to visit like Pauda and Verona but just didn't have Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2016
- Farewell to Varenna We woke up on our last day in Varenna to clear skies!
We did our walk to the other side of town for our complimentary breakfast. Today we split a ham, cheese, and salad (som Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2016
- Exploring Lake Como towns: Tremezzina Leaving Bellagio we traveled on the ferry to the opposite side of Lake Como from where we are staying in Vernazza to see Villa Carlotta
in the town of Tremezzina.
When I took this picture from the ferry, I first Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2016
- Exploring Lake Como Towns: BellagioToday we had an agenda. On our only full day in Varenna we decided to spend the day taking the ferry to Bellagio and Villa Carlotta in Tremezzina.
We woke up to a sunny but hazy humid day. We took Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2016
- Italy - VeniceThe final stop on our Italian tour was to the world-famous city Venice. We got the train from Florence into Venice, which was a great way to enter the city. You could see the water becoming more and more until Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Nov 23, 2016
- 2016, Rome and 15 night Transalantic on Celebrity ReflectionI had booked this trip in May 1015. Would we like a Transatlantic??? Jim wanted to return to Rome and this trip started from there. October Monday 17th after Jim left work at 11am. We got subway sandwich and Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 22, 2016
- Italy - Florence and PisaThe second stop on our Italy trip took us to Florence. Unfortunately, the weather had taken a turn since leaving Rome and once we got to Florence the weather was a lot colder and it rained on and off - Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Nov 14, 2016
- ItalyItaly is beautiful. Completely crazy, but beautiful. We spent a month here, travelling from the North East corner near Trieste, down to the heel of the boot, seeing both some of Italy’s iconic towns and cities, and some more ‘out Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 13, 2016
- Italy - RomeFirst stop on our Italian adventure...Rome!
Despite an early morning flight with little sleep, when we reached Rome we were ready to go and see the sites! As usual, our room was not ready so we dropped off our bags Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Nov 8, 2016
- Palermo, SicilyAfter a week's intermission in Perth we set off for round two of our world trip: our destination - Sicily. Joining us on this leg was our friend Emma. None of us had been to Sicily before. Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Nov 8, 2016
- TuscanyHi everyone!
I've just realized that it was been almost 3 years since I do not post anything.
In fact - thanks God for that! - this does not mean that I've stopped traveling around the world.
Changed my job, new routines, more Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Nov 6, 2016
- Getting About in PaduaAs we resume our journey through the great cities of central and eastern Europe we were concerned that we had reached saturation point regarding medieval architecture – and then we came to Padua. How can we not show you the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 4, 2016
- Travelling to Cefalu - Sicily in a nutshellI’ve travelled to Sicily 3 years ago, to this small town called Cefalu, situated about an hour drive away from Palermo.[[http://www.supercoucou.com/country/Italy| Sicily is the autonomous region of Italy]], located at the very south. The moment we arrived Posted by chloemiller in Chloe's bananas | Nov 2, 2016