- travelingsusanAfricangirl51 wishes you first class travel and the best fun and most restful vacation of your life!! Lovya Friend Posted by Africangirl51 in Trip girl | Mar 23, 2015
- Packing!!!With all the traveling it will take before I arrive at my hotel in Italy, my plan is to take one very small carry-on! Posted by TravelingSusan in Desperately Seeking Susan | Mar 23, 2015
- Getting readyIT IS NOW ABOUT 6 WEEKS TILL WE BOARD OUR FIGHT TO VENICE ITALY. SO MUCH TO DO TO GET ALL THE RESERVATIONS PLANNED AND THOUGHTS ON HOW TO PACK "LIGHT" TO GET READY - BUT MOVING FORWARD. Posted by Jimandlinda in ITALY AND BEYOND, 2015 | Mar 20, 2015
- Walking Tour of BrindisiHaving arrived on the overnight train from Rome (via Bari) I was exhausted. I knew I had a long wait and had known it since setting off the day before.
It was around 9am when the train pulled into the station Posted by jampez77 in Travelling Fool | Mar 17, 2015
- Viva Roma!Travelling through the dark streets of Rome from the airport, it is hard to make out the shapes and shadows as you speed by...until my driver points out - over there is Marcus Aurelius arch, and there, that dip along Posted by LindaMR17 in Venetian dreams come true | Mar 14, 2015
- Roma, Italy--Day 22took the Baroque ( or as I named it the Barack) walking tour in Roma.. what a super nice day... 65* and sunny.. fantastic weather once again.. had two great guides..a nice lunch of Margarhita Pizza and Lasagna.. vino.. tiramisu Posted by Stakeout in Living Easy Traveling Places Having Fun | Nov 20, 2014
- Wrapping up with a day in RomeAlas, our sojourn in Amalfi has come to an end. We take the ferry from Amalfi down to Salerno, where we'll catch our train to Rome.
Today, the 67 passenger luxury yacht "Le Ponant" is in port. From what Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 16, 2015
- Sentiero degli Dei - The Path of the GodsThis morning, we're catching bus to Bomerano in Agerola, the trailhead for the Path of the Gods, an old path that threads the ridge between Bomerano and Nocelle.
First order of business is the to catch the bus. Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 15, 2015
- Spending a day in AmalfiMonday, it's a little chilly and overcast. The weather forecast is for rain, so, while we would like to head up to the Sentiero degli Dei, we decide to wait a day for better weather, and stick around Amalfi. Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 15, 2015
- Torre dello ZiroAfter lunch in Pontone, we continue or hike on the spur that leads to the ruins of the ancient watchtower of Torre dello Ziro, perched on a promontory high above Amalfi and Atrani.
[b][i][center][img=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14409772861_418 Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 15, 2015
- Valle dei Mulini We spend Saturday relaxing and visiting the town of Amalfi, familiarizing ourselves with the alleyways and the ebb and flow of daily life. We're finding this town to be utterly charming. During the day, the town is flooded with Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 15, 2015
- October 19 Salerno, Sorrento, Amaifi Coast and PompeiiPorted in Salerno and was met by RIL driver Geovanti .Our first stop was Sorrento, Then we would head down Amaifi Coast to picturesque town ofPositano. Eat at a local restaurant at top ,Then off to explore the ruins Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Feb 15, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 6]Hey guys its been a while as we've been busy adjusting from festive season to London life and sorting through all the photos has been a nightmare. So I've decided to combine the best pictures from our whole time in Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Feb 13, 2015
- Segway RomeRome is a true ‘outdoor museum’ making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it! The historic center of the Eternal City is a treasure trove of stunning monuments, bustling piazzas and fountain masterpieces – all of which Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Feb 10, 2015
- Italy: Puglia - Alberobello, Locorotondo, and Vieste
The sound of voices outside the cabin window ripped us awake at seven in the morning. We looked through the curtain and saw that the ferry was slowly settling into the port and passengers Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 7, 2015
- Italy: Abruzzo - Pescocostanzo, Sulmona, and the Apennines
By the time we left Vieste, restaurants were already opening for lunch but we hadn't any appetite yet after our self-catered breakfast. Getting out of the Gargano Peninsula was slow going Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 7, 2015
- South to AmalfiThursday morning, we get ready to depart the Hotel Laurus Al Duomo in Florence, but not before stopping at the rooftop restaurant for breakfast. The hotel provides a rather nice buffet with a definite European slant. One of the Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 4, 2015
- A Short Stay in FlorenceFor Thursday, May 15th, we're going to take the train from Venice to Florence, and make a day out of it, staying overnight and departing the next morning for points south. We're not big on Renaissance art, so we're Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 3, 2015
- Trip Report - Day 8 : MilanMilan was more of a stop over location for us while travelling from Venice to Switzerland for the next part of our trip.
After a hearty breakfast at our favorite hotel Fontana, we took the water bus to the Venezia Posted by deepab in Let's see the world... | Dec 29, 2014
- Trip Report - Day 7 : VeniceVenice has been described as the most beautiful city built by man and one of the most romantic cities in the world. And truthfully so. From the beautiful churches and palaces along the Grand Canal, to the Gondola ride, to Posted by deepab in Let's see the world... | Dec 29, 2014
- Trip conclusion and best of listsI've finally come to the end of this blog about our epic family journey around the Adriatic Sea. Not only was this the best trip I've ever taken with Mei Ling (and we've taken a lot), but I'm hard pressed Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 8, 2015
- Italy: Venice and Trieste
Naturally, we were as excited about Venice as any other part of the trip before we left. Few cities in the world have a reputation of being as beautiful or unique. I had been there before Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 23, 2015
- Italy: The Veneto - Verona and Padua
Mei Ling was at the wheel as we rolled into Verona an hour or so after leaving Ferrara. Like many of Italy's famously picturesque cities, Verona was pleasant but nondescript outside of t Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 23, 2015
- Italy: Emilia-Romagna - Ravenna, Bologna, and Ferrara
For the rest of the first leg of our trip in Italy, we settled into a pattern of using the morning and early afternoon to walk around the city in which we had spent the night, then Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 22, 2015
- Molto bene skiing (very good skiing)These Dolomites are stunning and the timing we've had with fresh snow during the week has been crazy good.
Kids skiing like legends over the kilometres of trails we cover each day. It helps a huge amount that we got Posted by hollyer in Skiing, friends, family and good times | Jan 22, 2015