- SPECIAL BUT CHAOTIC CITIESAfter our great days in the cities of Vienna and Budapest, we headed to the warmer city of Rome. It took 14 hours by train, and as we are always blessed people, on our night train we could have three Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 8, 2013
- Florence: Birthplace of the Renaissance[center]Florence is a city full of amazing History. It is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, a period stretching from 1300-1600 where the arts were developed further than ever before and Roman ideals represented to society. This was particularl Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Dec 4, 2013
- Thanksgiving in Venezia! Unless you've read Thomas Mann's Death in Venice, you're probably wondering who Aschenbach is and what are these darn strawberries I'm talking about. No worries, I can give you a brief run down of this one of a kind novel. Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Dec 4, 2013
- Verona Between Venice and Zurich, we stopped for a day trip in Verona. Yes, I did have my letter ready for Juliet. I wrote it well in advance. Let me tell you, if you're trekking Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Dec 1, 2013
- Episode 15Travelling with my wife and mother-in-law and finishing in Paris? Shop-shop-shop!
Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Dec 1, 2013
- Firenze e PisaAhh Firenze. Next to Pompeii, I would have to say this is one of the raunchiest Italian cities I have been to. (The Italians seemed to have a lot fun with making souvenirs based off of the David.) It was Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Nov 13, 2013
Inside the Vatican
Posted by kittravel in Kit's Travel | Jun 1, 2010
- Benvenuta all'ItaliaWell, this is it: I'm finally here. After months of planning, years of dreaming, and daydreaming about what it would be like, I'm actually in Rome, beginning my six month journey sf discovering myself, in Viterbo.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by jenn208k in Wandering My Own Way | Nov 23, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Sea Day #1Our first full day of the cruise was a sea day. We had a leisurely morning, beginning with breakfast at Blu. After checking out the morning's view from the balcony, of course.
[img=http:/ Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Nov 15, 2013
- The City of Water[center]Venice is one of my all time favourite cities, so I just had to throw in a little post about her and share some of my favourite photos taken whilst I was there last year :)
Venice used to be the Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Nov 8, 2013
- Florence26 September we jump on a high speed train bound for Florence where we will spend the next 2 nights. Our last visit was even more brief than this one and we were thrilled to be back. The city still Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Nov 8, 2013
- MilanAfter a 7 hour train ride we arrive rather exhausted to Milan Central. It is immediately apparent where we are as we descend into the metro. A rapid fire of shady individuals, "english, english" they call, as they look Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Nov 2, 2013
- Goodbye Dad, hello AliAfter a huge and amazing day at Oktoberfest we wake up at 4am (a little seedy) and have to get off to the airport. Today Ali arrives from India and Dad leaves us to head back home.
It was really sad Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 21, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: EmbarkationThe day had finally arrived. Despite having already spent time in the incredible cities of Berlin and Rome, the main component of my graduation trip had not even begun - an 11-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Reflection. Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Oct 28, 2013
- End of cruise & a short day in Rome...and then we sailed back to Rome...
The cruise was a wonderful experience, definitely a way I want to travel again!! I could only hope that I would have such amazing table-mates again - they really made the time on Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 27, 2013
- Sicily - Port of Messina & tour to TarominaOur first port of call on the cruise was Messina, Sicily. Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean, and is an autonomous region of Italy. Through history, the island had been conquered by many different empires, Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 26, 2013
- I LOVE ITALY!!!!!!Day 40. Our room has a lovely outdoor patio with metal chairs and table to enjoy our coffee and bread in the morning. Two women from Australia are in the room beside us and very friendly. I don't Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Oct 25, 2013
- Cinque TerreFor the first stretch of holidays this year, (now working full time for French schools), we decided on a jaunt to Italy's version of the Cote d'Azur to visit Cinque Terre, a series of 5 coastal and very picturesque villages Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Oct 25, 2013
- Cruising the MediterraneanI really enjoyed the cruise portion of my trip… it was really nice to unpack my suitcase into the closet for 7 nights! I had signed up for the second dinner seating with a table of eight people. Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 24, 2013
- Bolsena to Orvieto to MilanoBe wary of travelling on the intercity between Roma and Milano in second class. Why? Because it seems to be very well patronised and the carriages are full most of the way. The five and a half Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 24, 2013
- Two days in Rome4/10/13 Yippee on our way to Rome for our surprise stay, a fantastic friend had paid for our accommodation for our stay in Rome. Arrive at the Bologna station and find where our train is leaving from, board Posted by Saussi67 in UK and Europe 2013 Paul and Shaz | Oct 23, 2013
- Bologna1/10/13 Hmm Airfrance, Paris to Bologna. The less said the better, expensive mistake on my part for the luggage check in.
Arrive Bologna late afternoon, follow Paolos instructions on how to get to Pietros Apartment. We meet up Posted by Saussi67 in UK and Europe 2013 Paul and Shaz | Oct 22, 2013
- Looking for Traces of my Italian Forebears in Tirano, ItalyWe drove to Tirano from Sirmione and we came across our first sighting of snow in Aprica on the side of the road! We couldn’t believe it! That it was so early! We could see snow on the mountains but Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Last days of Casa PoianaMore of the same for our last remaining days in historic Bolsena. The weather has been perfect up until Monday when the showers moved in. Not too much, hopefully, for our last ride out of here that will Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 21, 2013
- The climb to EriceToday was a 'rest' day in Trapani. However, there was the option of climbing up to Erice, an ancient town built in the 8th to 6th Century BC and later fortified by the Normans and Charles V of Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 21, 2013