- Day 7 - Visiting a new country!Today was spent in Vatican City State - adding another country to our list of ones visited.
The day started early with us needing to be at a special meeting point for a tour of the Scavi. So we grabbed a Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 6, 2016
- Day 6 - Rome walkingToday we met up with our personal guide Kiron who had been recommended by a friend.
She met us in the morning and took us on a tour of the Forum and Colosseum. Along the way she told us lots Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 5, 2016
- Attempts at being Culturally & Culinarily Delighted..===The Tour!!!===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/809050/P5310 Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 5, 2016
- Day 5 - Barcelona to RomeToday has been a travel day so we packed up our digs in Barcelona and came to Roma (Italy not QLD!)
The top things from Barcelona according to Channe:
2. La Sagrada Familia
3. Getting lost (AKA taking the scenic route) Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 4, 2016
- Days 11-14 - My napping-adventures through Tuscany!My Roman holiday was over and it was time to move back up to Tuscany! My train was headed for Siena, a beautiful little town outside of Florence, and after taking some wrong stairs, more stairs, up the stairs, across Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Day 10: Roman Holiday Part 2 - The VaticanWhen in Rome…you must see The Vatican!
Today was a very special, very early start, on account of having breakfast with the Pope! That’s right, a super-early morning (in the rain) of touring The Vatican museum, Sistene Chapel, and St Peter’s Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Ventimiglia Friday April 15th I returned to Torino last night with no problems. I got a very warm welcome back from the boys. Luisella had messaged me while I was gone telling me that Vittorio was sad because Kay's sons had Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Lucca Day 2Thursday April 14th Yes I have titled this entry Lucca day two even though if you count this is my fourth day in Lucca. I'm calling it day two because as you can tell from reading I haven't actually been Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Cinque TerreWednesday April 13th, today is my last full day in Lucca and before I got here I booked a trip through viator.com to go to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is a national park made up of five villages, most Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Day 9: Roman Holiday Part 1- The Colossum When in Rome…you must see the Colosseum! And today was the day. I had bought a guided group tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palantine Hill, lasting several hours and covering quite a lot of ground. The tour guide Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016
- Day 8: Florence in the rain and other crank-inducing events!Florence in the rain is beautiful…when you’re undercover…and extremely inconvenient when trying to fit the most sightseeing into your final moments of a great city as you can!
I checked out of the hostel, went to the café across the road Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016
- Pisa & FlorenceTuesday April 12th, this day my plan was to take the train to Pisa and after that to take the train to Florence. Everyone says you need multiple days to see Florence and they're right you do need multiple days Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Lucca day 1Monday April 11th flixbus, Megabus, and the train all failed me they either didn't go from Milano to Lucca today, or we're asking more money than I was willing to spend so I used BlahBlahCar.com. It's available throughout Europe, and Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- SwitzerlandSunday April 10th today I have a trip up to Switzerland it's the Swiss Alps Bernina Express rail tour from Milan. I booked it on viator.com before I got there, however if you go to the tourist information center you Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Exploring MilanoWhen I left the hotel I walked towards the city center to the bus stop that the man at my hotel had pointed out, then I decided you know what the city center is close enough forget the bus I'll Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Getting to MilanoPart of the time that I was away from this blog I was busy speeding around as much of Northern Italy, seeing as much as I possibly could! I asked my family for one week off so that I could Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 25, 2016
- Busy living I apologize I kind of totally forgot about this blog and therefore am ashamed to see how much time has passed since my last entry. Since I work week days and have weekends off I spent Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 25, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Waltz MistralLaivo ir mano svečiai šiandien išvažiavo. Liko indas su braškėm, kurių nebesuvalgėm per atsisveikinimo priešpiečius. Lieka ir geri prisiminimai apie kartu keliavusius Jūratę ir Deividą - kiekvienas škiperis tikrai norėtų tokių žmonių savo įguloje.
Kar Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Apr 24, 2016
- Day 7: The duck chaser, the meat chaser, and the wang policeSometimes, like when I’m looking at my bank balance, I’m quite appreciative of a hostel, and other times, like at 3am in the morning when three new roomies decide to arrive, or at 8am when a jackhammer renders your alarm Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 6: Cheese, truffles, and a 14-foot hottie!I’ve turned into a thief…a poverty stricken traveller resorting to stealing food. Gulp. Lucky the astute Italian brekky lady caught me and made me cough up the €1 for the bread roll I had hoped to have with my stinky Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 21Reta started off the day driving. We drove from Venice to Bolzano (Bozen - in German)
The drive often reminded us of trips we have taken to Yellowstone or through Colorado in that the highway followed a river and we Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 21, 2016
- When In Rome...It's the end of the first day on our trip, and we are currently in the heart of Rome, Italy. We are exhausted. We've been up since sunrise, when the light streamed through our bedroom window, and returned to the Posted by laubstravel in Before We Grow Up | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 5: Verona to Florence...giant everything!Day 4 – Verona to Florence – 20 April 2016
Have you ever been somewhere you know to be beautiful, you know others have loved, has exceptional history, and yet you cannot find the joy in it? That was my experience Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 20This morning we got an early start and walked to a bus stop that would take us to Venice. It was an easy walk of about 20 minutes.
The bus was not full when we got on but all the Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 19We thought we would bring this up before we forget to discuss how coffee is made in Italy. Picture 768 shows a miniscule coffee pot.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_0768_-..cup_and_pot.jpg caption=Looks like a normal coffee cup and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 19, 2016