- Day 10, Monday, June 1, 2015Monday morning was packing time. I went down to breakfast and Marg joined me later. I couldn’t get the safe to open in our room and, after I checked out, the front desk sent someone to open it.
It Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 3, 2015
- Revisiting the first travel "Selfie"This is our First Selfie taken aboard a water taxi way back in 2001 in Venice, Italy.
To me, a selfie is taking a picture of yourself at arms length with a camera. It is not the same as putting Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 3, 2015
- SyracuseFrom the mountains and twisting roads around Etna we made our way down south to Syracuse for a fleeting visit. The bus system served us reasonably well, although we hadn't counted on the number of cancellations, so our well laid Posted by TandTtravel in Europe 2015 | Jun 3, 2015
- SicilyCiao dalla Sicilia!
Well, here we are. The final stop. Hard to believe we are at the end.
This post is going to be a bit different than the others. After al Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Jun 2, 2015
- [Florence] Crossing the Ponte Vecchio[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/32/|[Florence] View of Ponte Vecchio from Ponte Santa Trinita
[b]Pictures have been heavily re-sized fo Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 2, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Meanderer of Mön- Jie mane vadina asilu, - visai be pykčio ar nuoskaudos sako Jill.
- Čia dabar, kodėl!? - klausiu, nes Jill, Davido žmona - tai smulkaus sudėjimo, judrus, žvilgančiom akim energijos kamuoliukas, tokia bendravimo kabliukas. Prie bet ko prieis, užkalbins, Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jun 2, 2015
- [Florence] View of Ponte Vecchio from Ponte Santa Trinita[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/31/|[Florence] Meeting David at Piazza della Signoria ]]
Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier loa Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 2, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Šokiai su delfinaisKai pasiverčia plaukdami ant šono, jie žiūri tiesiai man į akis.
Dar iš toli juos pamačiau, kaip skubėjo pasitikti jachtą, priplaukdami iš kairiojo borto. Spėjau pasiimti iš kajutės iPad, nueiti į laivo priekį, ir čia delfinai pradėjo nardyti aplinkui, Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jun 1, 2015
- Day 9, Sunday May 31, 2015We awoke earlier than I would have liked, but that’s the clock we are on now. We made our way down to the breakfast buffet, which was set in a very nice room outdoors with a canopy cover. Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 1, 2015
- [Florence] Meeting David at Piazza della Signoria[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/30/|[Florence] Nice cake and free souvenirs from Gucci Museo]]
Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier load Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 1, 2015
- Day 13 – 30 May (Saturday)We had breakfast this morning in the square of the Church of Saint Fidele (dedicated to Saint Fidelis – a martyr who died in 304). The church had its beginning in 1120, so there is a presence to it. We Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | May 31, 2015
- Day 8, Saturday, May 30, 2015Saturday is one of those Shakespeare days…”parting is such sweet sorrow”. We were up VERY early to catch a 9:40 flight to Reggio di Calabria, an airport on the easternmost edge of Sicily. We had an early breakfast, Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | May 31, 2015
- Sicily - Taormina to start.Took the bus from Catania airport and had amazing views along the way. Starting with a crowded, dirty city at the start, to the open expreesway through what used to be marketlands, then onto smaller village streets through many seaside Posted by TandTtravel in Europe 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Amalfi Coast28th May 2015
Early start for the Amalfi Coast tour. Left Rome and stopped at Naples, which wasn't that impressive, then travelled to Pompeii. It was a much larger site than we expected and very interesting. We then travelled to Sorrento, Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Florence and Rome26th May 2015
Left Monterosso for Florence to travel by train. We arrived at the Monterosso station and as usual here we carried our luggage through the underground tunnel and up the stairs to the platform where there was a lot Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Day 12 – 29 May (Friday)We out for breakfast to a café near the gate to the city. We sat on the street and enjoyed coffee and croissant. This is something I have consistently enjoyed in Italy. Bill has heat rash on his feet and Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | May 30, 2015
- Day 7, Friday May 29, 2015We awoke Friday morning to a beautiful, bright sunshiny day. Friday was our last day and was a bit unusual. After breakfast we met in the kitchen for a lesson in how to make pizza. There was a Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Day 6, Thursday May 28, 2015After breakfast in the kitchen out on the patio, the three Mercedes vans headed out to the small village of Atino, about an hour drive from CG. The Italian countryside in the areas we have traveled thus far are Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Blog Extra: The Only Thing Worse Than A Clown Is A MimeSo, as I mentioned previously, we wanted pizza for dinner. The hotel owner recommended a place high on the hill and you take a funicular to get there. The pizza was quite good and there were a lot Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 30, 2015
- The Hills of GenoaToday is our last day in Genoa. We started the day after breakfast by walking down to the waterfront to take a two-hour walking tour of the city. The tour was in both English and Italian and there Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 30, 2015
- 'The Land Where Lemons Grow' In 1787 Goethe travelled all over Sicily and was so captivated by the beauty of the place that his writings encapsulated a universal longing for the Mediterranean way of living that seems to haunt our imagination. In particular, he posed Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | May 30, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Skaičiai.Na, šiandien, matydamas kas vyksta aplink, aš taip skaičiuoju... Jeigu ant burinės jachtos stiebo yra penkios zalingų poros - tai superjachta. O jei mažiau - tai šiaip jachta. O tų motorinių sportbačių ir dar prabangesnių penis extension išvis nesuprantu. Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | May 29, 2015
- Day 11 – 28 May (Thursday)We leave today for Como in the Italian Lake District. It will be interesting to compare it with the English Lake District – although such comparisons are often like comparing apples with oranges. I said good bye to our hosts Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | May 29, 2015
- Pilgrims in TurinLet me start with our dinner last night. We were really looking forward to Italian food and we went to a place that the owner of the hotel recommended and that was right around the corner from the hotel. Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 29, 2015
- Day 5, May 27, 2007Awoke to an amazing view of fog lying across the valley below. Breakfast on the patio next to the kitchen with the warm sun filtering through the clouds. Still feasting on some of the pastries we made the Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | May 29, 2015