- Florence sightseeing 02 09 2015Today sightseeing around Florence starting with a trip to the Accademia Museum. The original statue of David is truely amazing. 1 piece of marble. Therer are other statues and paintings but David is the feature. We Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 4, 2015
- Venice-Pisa-Florence 01 09 2015Left Venice for Pisa on the way to Florence. Great drive through the Tuscanycountyside. Lots of tunnels again. There are many tree nurseries along the way with all shaped topiary and differdnt size trees.
We were Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 2, 2015
- Venice sightseeing 31 08 2015Early rise today and on road by 8.00am off to Venice Islands. So foggy and when we arrived at boat still really thick. Was a little scarey boats fog horns sounding but phew arrived safely and walking tour Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 31, 2015
- Budapest to Graz 29 08 2015 Graz to Venice 30 08 2015Today disembarked sadly, onto the bus to Graz. We drove through the countryside through Austria then through part of Slovenia. We didnt have to stop at any borders as the countries are all part of the European Union.
Beautiful Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 31, 2015
- Day 20A sea day today, a day for relaxing and recharging. Spent the day reading, eating and in the afternoon, drinking some beer.
The Mediterranean was calm and beautifully blue today and the weather was quite warm. A good day for cruising.
Mykonos Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- Day 19Naples today. Everyone lacking a little energy so we decided on an easy day exploring Naples. It is a very picturesque city with lots of very interesting architecture, a quite beautiful coastline and surrounded by hills. It was Saturday and Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Day 16It was an early start this morning but we saw a nice sunrise in Rovinj before enjoying a much smoother sailing back to Venice. We didn't spend too long in Venice before taking the train to Trento. Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- Days 17 & 18Some poor internet reception and lack of time mean this blog entry covers the last 2 days. As mentioned in my last entry, Liz and Laura went on a tour of Pisa and Florence yesterday while I stayed in Livorno. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- 3 August 2015Woohoo and boohoo, my final full day in Europe! Today's agenda: visit Herculaneum and Pompeii, then spend the remainder of the afternoon and evening in Sorrento, enjoying a good dinner before catching a hydrofoil "water taxi" through the Bay of Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 26, 2015
- Rome to Tuscany6:30 wake up call and 8:00am departure. An easy morning drive from Rome into the Tuscany country side which is beatiful country. Arrived at Florence at 11:30, where we had an early lunch before meeting our local tour guide at Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 26, 2015
- Rome in a dayhow to see Rome in a day!
Weather was hot, sunny, and 32 C.
Wake up call 6:00am for 7:20am departure to Vatican. The Vatican opens to the public at 9:00am, but tour groups can commence from 8:00am if pre-booked.
Ou day was Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 26, 2015
- Sorrento to RomeWeather today was hot, reaching 30 C, and whilst sunny this morning at Pompeii, became overcast with a brief shower this afternoon. Our tour director tells us that Northern Europe and UK are cold, wet, and in some instances, flooded. Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 24, 2015
- Sorrento - excursion to Isle of CapriAnother beautiful day with blue sky, sun, and very hot.
Any early departure today (7:30am) to get to the harbour (using mini buses) to meet our local tour guide (Luigi) and catch the 7:55 ferry to Isle of Capri. The fery Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 23, 2015
- Day 11A relaxing day in Florence today. Still hot but less sunny. After a later start we spent a few hours shopping for souvenirs. We have bought:
* an apron featuring the statue of David
* a cycling jersey featuring Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Day 10Today we had an early ish start as we took the train to Pisa. We admired the countryside from our upper deck seats as the train was a double decker, which pleased the girls. When we reached Pisa it Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Assisi to SorrentoWeather today is fine and hot.
Left Assisi at 7:45am and headed for the Amalfi coast. Had a morning tea stop and lunch stop at roadside rest stops before arriving at the Amalfi coast early afternoon. On the way we passed Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 23, 2015
- 2 August 2015The day began with an early morning train out of Roma Termini. I settled into my section alone and pulled out my computer, thrilled to have two hours to work on blog entries and peaceful writing time while the Italian Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 22, 2015
- Venice to AssisiWake up call @ 6:15am and departed Venice at 8:00am Today is overcast, with some light rain, but some blue sky this afternon at Assisi.
This morning was driving only with a short morning tea stop and a 45 minute lunch Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 21, 2015
- VeniceVenice is unbelievable!
The gods are really looking after this tour group. After yesterday’s storms and rain which caused another tour group to cancel their city tour and optional tours, today was blue sky and hot.
Our hotel is on the mainland, Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 21, 2015
- Ljubljana to VeniceHeavy overcast this morning which changed to rain and thunder at lunchtime, and heavy rain as we arrived at Venice.
Depart Ljubljana at 8:15, heading for the Postajna Caves in Slovenia, We were slightly early so paid a quick visit to Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 21, 2015
- Day 9Ciao,
A hot day under the Tuscan sun today. After a lie in we looked forward to our first day without train travel since Sunday. We spent several hours walking around the Boboli Gardens. There was plenty to Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- DAY 96 - Tuesday 4th August-Lathuile to Annecy (Lake Annecy)The day started overcast which meant as it didn't get too warm in the van in the morning we could have a little lay in, well as much as you could with motorhomes here being on the move from 6.30am Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 21, 2015
- DAY 95 - Monday 3rd August - Madonna del Sasso (Lake Orta)Catching up on sleep obviously as i stirred but then didn't get up til 9.15am as it was so quiet here with just two other motorhomers and a cemetery to look out of the window too! First important thing Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 21, 2015
- DAY 94 - Sunday 2nd August - Spiaggia (Lake Como) to MilanAlarm, yes alarm (!), was set for 9am just to make sure that we're showered and out of the campsite by 10am as directed but it was just before 9am that we both stirred. Ellie, as for the other Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 21, 2015
- DAY 93 - Saturday 1st August - Porlezza (Lake Lugano) toAnother lay in, another overcast start to the day and didn't look like much of the sun was going to show its face today. Deacs you are definitely going back with no tan at this rate! Again we sit Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 21, 2015