- Truffle heaven in Ascoli PicenoWe had arrived right on dark into yet another beautiful town, Ascoli Piceno, and although we had a light dinner planned at a local trattoria we had time for a good early evening walk around the old walled city. Its Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 19, 2014
- Malpensa AirportYesterday can be summed up in 2 words: Malpensa Airport.
Here's how the day went:
- wake up at 7
- leave at 830
- arrive at airport at 930
- queue to board at 11
- flight schedule to depart 1120
- announcement at 1105: "there's Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 18, 2014
- Rome to Ascoli Piceno in Le MarcheThe crew meet us at Rome airport and we are now 2 vehicles for the ten of us, and one luggage vehicle .Beauatiful drive up through the valleys , motorway for the first 2 hours, with little villages teasing the Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 17, 2014
- Milan stopWe had one last morning in Venice so we went for a stroll and found a nice spot by the canal for a cappuccino:
On our way b Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 16, 2014
- Venice day 3Day 3 in Venice was pretty cultural and we went to a few museums/exhibitions.
In the morning we went to the Museum of Oriental Art. This was really interesting because although there were some paintings and porcelain, there was a Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 16, 2014
- The final Sardinian dinner . Our wonderful hostess Angela meets us all at 8 pm for a dinner that caps off all we have tasted and learnt since arriving in Sardinia 4 days ago we start with another amazing anti pasta, followed by a Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 15, 2014
- Rome, The Eternal City, September 2014Rome is a marvel to behold. From the remnants of the ancient Roman great buildings and monuments, to the bustling modern city that is the capital of a unified Rome.
I traveled to Rome in September to hang out with my Posted by BradB in Tales of Travels | Oct 15, 2014
- Venice day 2Day 2 we went to some of the nearby islands. We started with Murano, famous for its glass making. We watched a glass making demonstration where we saw them make a vase and a glass sculpture of a horse. It Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 15, 2014
- Venice day 1Day one in Venice was full of sightseeing. We went to St marco's square which is one of the main areas in Venice.
To get there we caught the water bus. This was very fun at the time but I am Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 14, 2014
- Lake Garda[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/30B6FA5AD1AC8F1C94C8CB029AC08390.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 13, 2014
- Barbaresco in AutunnoL'uva si chiama Nebbiolo è molto famosa di Piemonte. Barolo e Barbaresco stanno fatti di Nebbiolo e questa uva è stata dato il nome della nebbia che arriva al'Autunno quando l'uva sono maturi. Quest'anno l'estate era cattiva quindi tante l'uva Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 13, 2014
- Florence to Venice via PaviaJust a quick entry to cover the last two days. These days have been more about people than places.
Yesterday I left Florence and went to Pavia again for one night to stay with my family. I went out in the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 12, 2014
- Day 7: Spello and Assisi (10/11/2014)Saturday marked a week since we arrived in Europe, and it was unquestionably one of our favorite days of the whole trip. While Rome was lovely—and the Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and more are must-sees—the city was also a Posted by khwjlg in Our Honeymoon Adventure! | Oct 12, 2014
- Cooking up a storm in OristanoGiven that seafood is a staple in this region its no wonder that as we don aprons in the kitchen at Sa Pedrera that its seafood we will be preparing. Chef Claudio wins all the girls hearts as we Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014
- Oristano -- the base for 3 nights After the amazing Agritourisimo luncheon at Morgonongiori earlier today, another meal seemed beyond comprehension, but as we checked into Sinis Vacanze Sa Pedrera , in the rural setting between Oristano & Sinis, we were briefed on times Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014
- Florence day tourAs I am in Florence for only one full day, I decided to book a tour which covered the David, the duomo, the Uffizi gallery and a walking tour. It was a 845am start so I was worried about my Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 10, 2014
- First night Rome then SardiniaAfter 12 hours from Singapore it was time to meet our foodie followers and share dinner before crashing , but firstly we were hosted to a wonderful lunch up in the parks of Villa Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 10, 2014
- Day 5: Rome (10/9/2014)Greetings from Rome! We had a wonderful day in Vienna on Tuesday, and a fun excursion to Bratislava Wednesday, but for now, we are skipping forward to today, our first evening in Italy!
Our flight from Vienna arrived in Rome Posted by khwjlg in Our Honeymoon Adventure! | Oct 9, 2014
- La Mia Macchina Nuova di Bologna e Torino.Quest'è un post molto indulgente con sé stesso...
In 1914 Maserati was founded in Bologna. The Maserati brothers took as their logo the trident of Neptune from the Fontana di Nettuno in Piazza Maggiore. I've been walking past the original source Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 9, 2014
- Basilica di San Marco and Palazzo DucaleToday was a real discovery day. Our hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute easy walk to Saint Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco). It was lots of fun looking in the shop windows as we walked- lots of coloured Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 9, 2014
- Florence!Today was another travel day as I left the Cinque Terre and made my way to Florence. Fortunately I also left the rain and found some sunshine!
As soon as I saw the cathedral when I arrived I thought I would Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 9, 2014
- VeniceWe have finally arrived here in Venice...
Our day trip was into Florence for a few hours and into the Duomo Cathedral. Luckily, there was no charge to get into this cathedral and the line to get in was just a Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 8, 2014
- Questa non è Venezia!Bologna really has canals - but it doesn't quite look like Venezia. They are remnants of days past (as early as the 12th century apparently) when the water was used to generate power for the various trades based in Bologna. Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 8, 2014
- Vaporetto to Venice
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 8, 2014
- Cinque Terre - day 2Yesterday we officially hit Monterosso, Corniglia and Manarola. Today the plan was to go to Riomaggiore and Vernazza.
We started with Riomaggiore. The train station arrives right on the coast:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/90_IMG_43 Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 8, 2014