- Wine brick incidentOur daily mileage is about 25 and so we don't over heat we continued this standard to a hill top town called Camerino, passing more fields of happy sunflowers.
We were amazed to find such a brilliant sosta at the top Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 25, 2016
- CannetoAfter all the planning to get here and the absence of 47 years since I was last here, today was our last full day here on the island. It was to be a rest day, other than packing to leave Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- LipariAfter our big yesterday our next two days would be spent on the island. Today we planned to drive around the island once more like we had done with the kids on Sunday, but this time stop and swim at Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- Archeological Museum of Lipari and Panarea and StromboliWoke early this morning as the kids were leaving us and heading to Rome on their own. We had booked them on the 7am hydrofoil out and they then had a 9:37am train from Milazzo station for a 9 hour Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- VulcanoWe woke at 7am today as we had wanted to get down to Lipari port relatively early as our plans were to visit the nearby island of Vulcano. We had breakfast at home and drove to Lipari and were able Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- Grotte di Frasassi So being the only van on a car park overnight is not generally a good thing to do, various Italians vans had stopped, got their kids changed for dinner and driven off, quite sweet really. We checked the park Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 22, 2016
- Canneto and LipariAfter the traumas of yesterday it would've been nice to sleep in today, but I had plans that included us all. Sadly for me the events of yesterday played heavily on my mind, I woke at around 5am and couldn't Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 21, 2016
- Giro d'Toscana (sponsored by Chianti Classico)We have left the art world and museums of Firenze and started our cycle tour through the hills of Toscana.
We caught the bus from Florence to Colle val d'Elsa, were collected by our hosts, Eleanor and Luke, and deposited Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 20, 2016
- Milazzo and LipariAfter a restless night of sleep - somewhere around 12:30-1am some idiot kept honking his car horn - and also the steamy conditions, I was awake early and first thing I wanted to do was to walk down to the Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Sorrento to MilazzoToday was shaping up as a big day - a lot of driving, car ferry, more driving and then a hydrofoil. We were going to cover more than 500kms to get from our hotel in Sorrento to the island of Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Positano and Amalfi CoastWe had to wake up early today and get moving quickly. Stephanie had booked to do a mountain hike so we had to be at a place called Praiano by 8:15am. On the map the town is like 25km away Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Herculaneum and Pompeii After our tiring day and big night we took our time getting up and having breakfast today. We set course to see the ruins of Herculaneum - the entire town was submerged in 16 metres of lava from the eruption Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Mt Vesuvius and Elton John Concert in PompeiiWe took our time to get going today, it was gonna be a long day so didn't need to be up and out the door at an early time. After breakfast we hit the road and our aim was to Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Bucket list destinations of ItalyThe rugged coastline, the buildings perched on cliffs, the little restaurants selling the best seafood, it all makes the Cinque Terre (Five Lands), a very special place to visit. Add to that, the produce that is being grown and produced Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Jul 19, 2016
- JackpotLousy night's sleep but waking shower and coffee on the deck watching the ferry come into Ancona on a bright sunny Monday morning, not too shabby a start to a week. We thought about a local aire but the Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 19, 2016
- Adventures in Eataly“Wow! I didn’t expect to see you,” I gushed as it brushed past me and went to the other table.
“What are you doing here?” I asked coyly.
“I didn’t know you were from up this way. I mean, I figured you Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 17, 2016
- 6 Months Blog Update 2In April, I was given the amazing opportunity to go to Italy with 87 other Belgium Exchange Students. We all gathered in Liege to check our luggage in and we left quite early in the morning. It was an overnight Posted by PendergrastR in My Year in Belgium | Jul 15, 2016
- Capri/AnacapriWe had a booking today for a trip out to the island of Capri. We were being picked at 10:20am outside our hotel so we could sleep in a little and have a leisurely breakfast admiring the view. We packed Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Five Days in Puglia Italy.[/b]An opportunity to visit this magical region only took 30 seconds to say Yes, lets do it. As i am preparing to run tours , food & wine tours to be precise, i made contact with some specialists in the Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Jul 13, 2016
- PaestumAfter planning our itinerary for the next five days based here at Sorrento, we decided today we'd drive south and visit Paestum and Salerno. Paestum is a preserved town full of Ancient Greek ruins, the Greeks inhabited that area at Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 13, 2016
- James in Tuscany
Our swimming pool did go green.
We did ride on the wall.
I was too cold to swim in the river.
We did do naked swimming because of the doctor. Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Ben in TuscanyTuscany is amazing. There is some really fun stuff around, like castles and big walls that you can ride a bike on top of the actual wall.
You can swim in rivers but the water was very cold, so I Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Ben at Rome
In Rome I went to the colosseum. It is where gladiators used to fight.
We saw lots of taps, they are called big noses. They work by aqueducts and they are always running.
We ate gelato every day.
We went to a Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Galileo, the Renaissance and the Ponte VecchioWhilst I received a text informing me that my bag had been found, phew, I was not reunited with it until a day and a half later. But, we're in Florence with the Renaissance on our front door step! Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 12, 2016
- How many pasta varieties are there in ItalyHow many types of Pasta are there, here are 11 to start with.
In case you hadn’t noticed, Italians take pasta very seriously. There are dozens of varieties - it's much more than just spaghetti and fusili - and menus can Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Jul 12, 2016