🇮🇹Rome🇮🇹, amazing😀. And if you haven't heard of it I will slap👋👺 some sense into you☝️.
Here we go👇.
First1⃣ up there are about 3 million people👪👫🏃🚶 that live in the town of Rome🇮🇹.
Secondly a whopping 23 million travellers🚶🏃 go there Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 2, 2014
- Cinque TerreThe Cinque Terre is made up of 5 little coastal cliff villages and is mainly accessed by boat, train or foot. We came by train, and have explored by boat, train and foot. Our village is Manarola, and it's Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Oct 2, 2014
- I made it to AmalfiIn yesterday's entry I got caught up in writing about Pompeii and forgot to mention that I had a great moment when I got back from Pompeii as I took a quick swim in the pool attached to my hotel/hostel. Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 1, 2014
- PisaThe transit from San Gimignano to Cinque Terre included a night in Pisa, due to accommodation not being available when we wanted it. Let me just say that if it wasn't for a little tower, I doubt people would Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Oct 2, 2014
- Pompeii and the pink umbrellaToday I went to Pompeii. I made an early start (although my perspective of early has clearly changed over the last month as waking up at 8 is an absolute luxury usually) and caught the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii. Just like Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- Fare una Passeggiata a San LucaOne of the things to tick off on your list of must-do's in Bologna is the walk up to San Luca. The cathedral was built on the top of a hill 300m above Bologna in the mid-1600's and the 3.8km Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 30, 2014
- SicilyTime for another update!!. We have settled in quite nicely to our apartment, it is very nice with plenty of space and amazing furniture, the floors are all marble which is so cooling especially in the heat, fortunately Posted by Judy Marshall in Wainui Wanderers | Sep 30, 2014
- Montepulicino - Umbria,Italy[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/835D1A1809D72B0609CAA34C44C53F7F.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 30, 2014
- Coast of AmalfiThis morning I left Rome and made my way South to the Coast of Amalfi. My desire to come here can entirely be traced back to the Steve Harley song by the same name (YouTube it).
I was a bit apprehensive Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 29, 2014
- Roma - the endSunday was my last day in Rome and we saved the best for last with the Colosseum! This is pretty much my favourite thing in Rome and this was my third time visiting it. Every time I had gone in Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 29, 2014
- Starting it off in Italy!After a 5-hour bus ride, we arrived in Milan where we had a few hours before departing to Venice. Since this was my first time in this city, Jens found a great walking tour that that allowed us to Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 115 and 116We have spent the last two days relaxing, doing school work (much to the kids' disgust!), washing, buying food, eating food, planning ahead for the trip, and the girls went swimming. Not much to tell!
The boys are loving sitting Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 114 - Galo dell'InfernaccioWe felt the need to stretch our legs today so set off in the car and drove up into the hills for a walk that was recommended to us. We arrived at the end of the winding road and parked Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Roma - the penultimate entrySo yesterday was a busy sightseeing day as we hit many of the major sites in the day and the night time:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/90_IMG_3794.jp Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 28, 2014
- Tuscany We left Florence in a hire car and had a lovely drive through quintessential Tuscan countryside to our next destination, San Gimignano. A walled city with 14 towers, we had yet another gorgeous traditional stone apartment. We really have found Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 27, 2014
- Roma - relocatedSo yesterday I moved from my hostel down by the colosseum to a hotel up by the Vatican, giving me a chance to explore in detail another part of Rome.
There may be no water and a lot of scaffolding in Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 113 - Wine & Rubbianello This morning, before heading to the post office, Roberto gave us a wee tour of the winery.
Here's a truck dumping grapes into the hopper. In the bottom of the hopper rotates a long screw feed, that pushes the grapes through Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- Scherzi di VenerdìThe phrase "lost in translation" came to mind instantly when the closest that I could translate "Friday Funnies" into was "Scherzi di Venerdì". Unfortunately it doesn't quite roll off the tongue in the way that I'd hoped... Anyway here is Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 112 - San Benedetto del TrontoBuongiorno!
Today we did a few jobs in the morning, like wash our very dirty car, then after lunch we headed left to the coast. The drive is mostly on straight roads, through agricultural areas and lots of small towns. About Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Mercato Delle TerreI'm a creature of habit and those habits have followed me to Bologna. While the digestivi aisle in my local PAM is very much to my liking, the fresh food section is not - it reminds me of supermarkets at Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 25, 2014
- Roma - day of the newThe weather in Rome has been awful for the last 24 hours or so. Starting from last night it was very stormy with thunder, lightning and heavy rain. That threw a spanner in the works with my plans for today Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 25, 2014
- Roma primo giornoOur hostel is one floor of an apartment building, so this morning while getting ready we were serenaded by another resident practising piano. It feels like being in a film, with an instrumental background to all your actions.
In the morning Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 111 - Ascoli PicenoI was up late due to my work call back to NZ last night so slept in until about 10am. Once up I realised that the boys hadn't been down for breakfast either. Teenagers! After some late breakfast we packed Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 110 - Monalto delle MarcheBuongiorno!
Not much to tell about today. Up late, did washing etc.
Groceries in Aso. VERY frustrating buying groceries in Germany, Austria and Italy. So little choice of products. France and UK had the best supermarkets. Here there is a lot Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- The DuomoThe Duomo
And the Modesty Mafia
I've been in a jolly lot of churches in my life, and in recent years, a lot of European cathedrals. As mentioned in a previous post, I have mixed feelings about them. But I have a Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 24, 2014