- Torno Day 3. Como and Strada Regia Walk (8kms)Today's walk required catching the ferry from Torno to Como, then catching the funicular train to Brunate, which sits high in the mountains above the lake. The "funiculare" is a bit of a hairy ride but has been taking Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 8, 2013
- Torno Day 2 - Monte Piatto Walk (10kms)Our first serious walking day. From our hotel and up to the hamlet of Monte Piatto and back. Lots of climbing up mule tracks to houses and villages that seemingly defy a reason to exist. They Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 7, 2013
- Milano to Torno (Lake Como)Our transfer from Milano to Torno arrived on time and whisked us away to the Hotel G.L.A.V.J.C. which overlooks Lake Como. It is a 5 minute walk from Torno the local village.
We were greeted like long lost friends Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Nice to MilanBig thunderstorm last night in Nice, the weather might be changing.
A day of train travel from Nice to Milano. This requires catching a train to Ventimiglia on a French traIn, then catching a Trenitalia or Italian train to Milano. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- The Italian Job We were so excited to have found a volunteer job through WWOOF** but minutes before our host was due to pick us up from the local train station, the nerves kicked in. We had no experience caring for animals beyond Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Oct 4, 2013
- R-L-R Rally 2013 - All Roads lead to Sanremo
We are finally in Italy and, as usual, the first stretch of the day involves numerous hairpins going in a practically vertical direction. "Bianca feels very frisky this morning," shouts Th Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Oct 4, 2013
- Not Just Immersion:So I left you in Montevarchi in Tuscany. There are far worse places you could be.
That's what we figured when P and his foot forced us to do more relaxing. How awful is it sit around in Tuscany?
But Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- Experience Venice.You have to take the ferry if you want to tour the city.
Exactly, no streets, but amazing canals full of water.
Fascination and mystery are unimaginable.
Venice is unique and it makes you stand open-mouthed.
The impact is strong, incredible and surrea Posted by italyroberto in Visit Italy north-east | Sep 29, 2013
- Mediterranean Magic==When in Rome==
There's nothing like crystal clear waters of a beach, waves of sunshine beating on your flesh, a new culture, new language, new people and a new adventure to reignite that spark you carry deep within you.
After working Posted by missadelaide in A Worldly Addiction | Sep 29, 2013
- Our last day in Italy - and we made the most of itAfter our Canal Boat tour yesterday, we decided that we'd go to a couple of specific sights today, plus some wandering in between. As last night was our last night of our tour and today was an extra day we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 26, 2013
- Day trip to FlorenceDear All
We went on a day trip to Florence yesterday. What an experience!
Prior to using the underground to get to the Train station, we had an experiemental run which of course went swimmingly. Yesterday morning we left with what we Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 25, 2013
- On land and on waterAnother huge day.
This morning we walked ourselves ragged - got lost many times - this is the first place Deb has become disoriented and not been able to tell which way is north (and according to our guide this afternoon, Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 25, 2013
- It is the Alps, and Juliet is the sun.... 18th September 2013
Today we had a long day starting with our last breakfast in Venice. It was with a sad heart that I left this place. I really needed another week to appreciate everything in the area. Even that would Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 24, 2013
- Finally made it to VeniceWe woke on the cliff tops of the Italian Riveria coast refreshed and ready for the next adventure, and we are now tucked up in bed just off the Grand Canal in Venice. Two and a half hours drive to Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 24, 2013
- The Roma adventure continuesDear All
Have once again been just a tad busy, so the blog has been neglected unfortunately.
We went to Pompeii yesterday. Was a really long day but well worth it. We were picked up by Vincenzo, a dashing, flamboyant and Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 23, 2013
- Lazy day in paradiseWhat a beautiful day ... ventured no further than about 1 km either side of our guest house, but given the house and town are on the top of cliffs, we didn't do too badly reaching sea level in both Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 23, 2013
- Under The Tuscan SpellAnd now back to the travelling bit.
I left you as we said Arrivederci Roma.
From there we travelled to Arezzo where we picked up a car. Not a snappy little Fiat or Golf as we'd hoped for, more a boring Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 22, 2013
- Chaotic Canals17th September 2013
Ethan has been very unwell throughout the night and does not want to come with us today. David & I get ready to go and have breakfast and Ethan is fast asleep still when we return. We discuss Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 22, 2013
- On the move again - to Corniglia todayAll packed up again this morning to head off to Cinque Terre - we were out early before they closed the Florence streets for today's time trial races.
Yaris was our young and enthusiastic driver who gave us tips and history Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 22, 2013
- History on showDear All
Having a jam packed time. Nearly worn our a pair of shoes with all of the walking around.
Have now got it pretty well sussed with doing a bit of sight seeing, then stopping at a Cafe for some Gelato Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 21, 2013
- That's AmoreWe consider ourselves lucky travellers. Apart from a New Year’s mugging in Ecuador our travels couldn’t have gone smoother. So, we were in for a bit of a rude shock when things went a little pear shaped in Europe. We Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 21, 2013
- Walking tour of FlorenceOur tour this morning started at a reasonable time again, so a nice relaxed breakfast before heading off. Antonella was our guide today - and she was just as knowledgeable and able to bring the city to life, as our Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 21, 2013
- RomaWe have started a new adventure - five weeks of travel in Italy, Croatia and Sicily. Three of these weeks will be on a bicycle - cycling the Dalmatian coast and then on to the west coast of Sicily.
On Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 21, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Rome!!!Italy. For years, really for most of my life, Italy has been the place I have wanted to go. That I singled out any particular place is quite remarkable given my habitual indecisiveness combined with the fact that the list Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Sep 20, 2013