- Valley of the Temples I had seen a picture of the Concordia Temple and wanted to see a virtually intact Greek temple. The whole site was a great way of seeing how the Greeks placed so much importance on their gods. Many of the Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 31, 2016
- Rome - day 2Recounting day 1- postcard to 2M
Rome day 2 - Borromini's perspective, Palazzo Spada
Diana, Palazzo Spada. Also saw two beau Posted by Mummy39 in Carrie, Zoe and Boris's Italy adventure | Aug 31, 2016
- NotoWhere's that?
We travelled west again and came off the incomplete motorway, no tolls, and saw a massive town on a hill. Jacqui found a sosta in a lemon orchard and we drove in over quite a large concrete gate base Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 25, 2016
- Etna The two nights we spent at the vineyard were great, we met this lovely Basque family who always go touring with their children; both parents are teachers and they have have covered more of Europe together than we have and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 25, 2016
- SIX HILLTOP TOWNS WORTH DISCOVERING IN PUGLIA ITALY
Martina Franca. Locorotondo, Ostuni, Putignano, Alberobello & Noci.
Lanes to get lost in, like stepping back in time, timeless in lifestyle and other than Alberobello & Ostuni, relatively undiscovered.
All these towns are located in the central Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Aug 23, 2016
- Our Tuscan Retreat at La Pieve Marsina
Our Tuscan Retreat at La Pieve Marsina
As I am starting to type this article, laying with my computer on an antique pink quilt thrown on a wrought iron bed, a swallow flies into Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Aug 23, 2016
- CastelloBanfi Il Borgo, Luxury Retreat in Montalcino Italy
CastelloBanfi Il Borgo, Luxury Retreat in Montalcino Italy
Growing up as a devoted history lover, I have always daydreamed about living in a castle. I used to recreate that magic Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Aug 22, 2016
- Italy – Mr Chong and RomeHi everyone
My posts are few and far between – apologies but time is going faster. Mr M. Mangan once told me as you get older time gets faster… I now realise this is a “reconnaissance mission” for Lisa and Posted by TEAM BARDIANO in Italian Sabbatical 2016 | Aug 22, 2016
- Gourmet Lunch at “La Taverna”, Castello Banfi
As you might have read in my last post about the stunning 5 star resort [[http://littlebitesofbeauty.com/castellobanfi-il-borgo-luxury-retreat-in-montalcino-italy/|Castello Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Aug 20, 2016
- Sea Days2 Sea days Both days we got up late and went to some shopping sales, looked at the photos, wandered around the ship, caught a couple of shows and I have no idea what else but the days just disappeared. Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- RomeWe had to be down at level 2 today to get off the ship and meet our driver for our trip to Rome. What a full day! We drove at about 130 km/h for around 1 and a half hours Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- La SpeziaAt La Spezia we got into the port buildings and someone was offering a bus ride to 2 places and we went to Lerici and Pisa. The bus either had really bad aircon or the driver wouldn't use it and Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- The rest of the footThe instep was all pretty similar and although we found some beach wild camping, we decided we had got that particular T-shirt and headed across the foot to the north coast of Calabria. Very impressive series of tunnels again and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 19, 2016
- Italy part 3Enjoyed beautiful Orta some more- so cute and picturesque: Coffee, shopping, swimming, dinner out... Also visited the extensive Sacromonte of St Francis but forgot to take any pictures 😖
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843200/large_90_CD2A0251DEDF Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 16, 2016
- And then I broke my toe!!Moving on from Ginosa presented the navigator with another problem, where to stay in an area that looked to be running out of sosta. The coastal dual carriage way was fairly quick and apart from stopping for fuel where 3 Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 15, 2016
- Could do better One site wanted a ridiculous €33 for a night, where did they think we were, a Caravan Club site? Fortunately we found a site next to a beach with a wooden area between full of Italian families, good job Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 15, 2016
- Italy - Lake OrtaWe found a dog friendly campsite a few minutes from Lake Orta's shores in Orta San Giulio (somewhere the Sunday Times extolled the virtues ). A quaint cobbled town with many ristorante and cafe.
The lake was warmer than Iseo.[img=http://photos.travell Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 14, 2016
- When In Rome...I am very sad to report that this post brings an end to our Italian adventures. We did spent a total of 18 days in Italy, but I’ve just been hopeless at providing regular updates so we’ve had to cram Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 13, 2016
- Holiday crowdsWe left the builders yard next morning, Sunday, experiencing much less traffic than the previous day, must have been Italian holiday Saturday. With all the hordes about we decided on a bit of culture and headed for a city Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 10, 2016
- PugliaOn the way out of the national park we stopped at the Santuario dell'Addolorata, which stood out in the distance half way up the hill. One of the most stunning churches and out in the middle of nowhere.
The Abruzzo Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 10, 2016
- Lake Iseo, ItalyGot a pitch for 4 nights in the town of Iseo, on the edge of lake Iseo. The campsite overlooks the lake and has a small beach on the lakeside. We can see the lake from our pitch. It is Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 10, 2016
- Back Home and Missing ItaliaWow, it has already been 2 weeks since I've been back... I know this last post is very delayed but I have been living in denial, hoping every morning when I wake up I will be, once again, in Firenze. Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Aug 7, 2016
- SulmonaWe arrived about 4ish and had a short siesta to give the locals time to wake up and wandered into town, this place is really different. It has somehow preserved the 14th and 15th century buildings and still has a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 6, 2016
- Further into Abruzzo Getting around this region and not using the motorways is interesting, the roads rate even worse than Portugal and we aren't too far south as yet, Sicilly is supposed to be a challenge to drive in. The Italians put up Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 6, 2016
- The Italian IncidentIt would appear that I have once again fallen drastically behind in my updates. It’s been over a week since we crossed into Italy and picked up our current guest. I guess I’ve just been enjoying myself too much to Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 2, 2016