- Lazy day in paradiseWhat a beautiful day ... ventured no further than about 1 km either side of our guest house, but given the house and town are on the top of cliffs, we didn't do too badly reaching sea level in both Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 23, 2013
- Under The Tuscan SpellAnd now back to the travelling bit.
I left you as we said Arrivederci Roma.
From there we travelled to Arezzo where we picked up a car. Not a snappy little Fiat or Golf as we'd hoped for, more a boring Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 22, 2013
- Chaotic Canals17th September 2013
Ethan has been very unwell throughout the night and does not want to come with us today. David & I get ready to go and have breakfast and Ethan is fast asleep still when we return. We discuss Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 22, 2013
- On the move again - to Corniglia todayAll packed up again this morning to head off to Cinque Terre - we were out early before they closed the Florence streets for today's time trial races.
Yaris was our young and enthusiastic driver who gave us tips and history Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 22, 2013
- History on showDear All
Having a jam packed time. Nearly worn our a pair of shoes with all of the walking around.
Have now got it pretty well sussed with doing a bit of sight seeing, then stopping at a Cafe for some Gelato Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 21, 2013
- That's AmoreWe consider ourselves lucky travellers. Apart from a New Year’s mugging in Ecuador our travels couldn’t have gone smoother. So, we were in for a bit of a rude shock when things went a little pear shaped in Europe. We Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 21, 2013
- Walking tour of FlorenceOur tour this morning started at a reasonable time again, so a nice relaxed breakfast before heading off. Antonella was our guide today - and she was just as knowledgeable and able to bring the city to life, as our Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 21, 2013
- RomaWe have started a new adventure - five weeks of travel in Italy, Croatia and Sicily. Three of these weeks will be on a bicycle - cycling the Dalmatian coast and then on to the west coast of Sicily.
On Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 21, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Rome!!!Italy. For years, really for most of my life, Italy has been the place I have wanted to go. That I singled out any particular place is quite remarkable given my habitual indecisiveness combined with the fact that the list Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Sep 20, 2013
- Bay of Naples.......Hi all.... Check out these photos... WiFi has been sketchy to say the least... Since last update we have been to.....
Bay of Naples
Weather is now beautiful... People r nice... Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 20, 2013
- Roma - the beautiful but extremely grimy cityDear All
Our first full day in Rome today.
Got onto the open top bus today and did a round trip to see all the major sights of Rome. Got a Roma pass which we will use today when we go on Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 19, 2013
- The amazing cliffs of AmalfiWell, we're back home now and didn't get to update the last leg of our trip - the Amalfi coast. Better late than never! So George had been waiting the whole trip to drive along the coast, which is known Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 19, 2013
- What a huge day!After 750+ km, and 13.5 hours we are exhausted. A day that started with a 7am pick-up and ended with a lovely wine and pizza dinner after being dropped off at 8:30 pm, was filled with unbelievable architectural sights from Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 19, 2013
- Bolognese and Serenades16th September 2013
Well we said goodbye to Florence this morning and sped down the highway to Bologna. A city I had not really been fussed about until today. Not only is it the home of Bolognese sauce, but so much Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- Traffic Jams, Tardy Taxis and Tuscan Hills15th September 2013
Today starts with a nice breakfast in the hotel. It is an early start , on the coach by 7.45am. We arrive in Florence early in Piazza di Santa Croce and head to a leather store. We are Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- 34 Saatte Roma...Uzun bir tatilde çok yer görmek istediğimizde veya kısa zamanlara çokşey sığdırmak istediğimizde biraz yorulmak gerekiyor. Yürüyerek Roma’yı nasıl hızlı tamamladık. (Müze gibi yerleri pas geçtiğimizde tabi ki...)
Saat 14:00’de havalimanına varış ve 15: Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in GeziKaravani | Sep 19, 2013
- Nut Cakes and Genius14th September 2013
Last night we had a great meal at the in house restaurant at Ergife Hotel. It was amazing but AUD$120 which we thought was a bit steep. I had scaloppine, a favourite from home. This was the best Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- Culinary NotesAs I'm nearing my last week in Paris, I thought it would be good to note down my culinary highlights so far. I've been eating a lot of food, and will, no doubt, pay the price for it when I Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 19, 2013
- Why you need a tour guide!Today we had our first taste of an expert guide - and wow - it was well worth it.
Luca (pictured) was our guide in the morning for our wander around Ancient Rome - the Colosseum, the Emperor's palace, the Forum, Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 18, 2013
- Italian TransportBefore I go on I thought I'd divert onto Italian roads and rails.
I've already waxed lyrical about trains that arrived on time etc, but it seems I was a bit precipitate in my opinions. After several late trains which Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 18, 2013
- Full day 2 in RomeTwo nights in Rome have already gone and it was time to change abodes - from our self-contained apartment near the Ancient Rome neighbourhood to our hotel on the other side of the river closer to Vatican City. So we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 17, 2013
- ...Um, Would You Believe We've Been Busy?Ok so my apologies for falling asleep every night instead of writing to you all. But by the end of the day all I want is to eat and crawl into bed.
Now that apologies are over let's get back Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 17, 2013
- From umbrellas and ponchos to flowers and fireYesterday we experienced rain - and the vendors were out selling umbrellas and ponchos. We were accosted every 5 minutes by someone who thought they'd improve our experience by selling us an overpriced brollie! We got soaked but had a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 16, 2013
- Living and Learning the Jesuit DreamSpirituality and Religion
Spirituality and Religion are two things that I’ve been in a constant battle with over the past few years. Born into a Brahmin family, I was raised with the Hindu faith. I blindly accepted my faith until Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Sep 16, 2013