- Arrived in Italy - lake MaggioreCame out of the clouds from the Gottard pass into Sunshine and 21c to Lake Maggiore.
Now sitting on the end of our bed listening to the sounds of a waterfall that is directly beside our room with views over Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 26, 2014
- Camera Obsucra - well not obscured. Just gone. Thanks ItalySo today I brought a SD card reader to put into my iPad, I have been looking for one for the WHOLE trip, to back up my photos in case something goes wrong.... One day too late. Funny how SD Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Aug 25, 2014
- Milan, with a chance of bedbugsMilan is the fashion capital of the world. It's the sort of place where you imagine the Beckhams, Miranda Kerr etc rubbing shoulders with other high profile 'fashionistas' at the launch of the new Gucci range or something like that. Posted by Hodgeontour in Fernweh | Aug 25, 2014
- In Fair Verona, Where We Lay Our SceneEggplant
It makes no geographical or temporal sense to go from Innsbruck to Verona and then Venice. Any logical trip planner would do Innsbruck to Venice to Verona, but this trip planner has had seeing an opera in Italy on Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 24, 2014
- France, Spain, Mediterranean Cruise 2008 (Carnival Splendor)My boyfriend's family organized a 12-day Mediterranean cruise with friends. So, we decided to make the most of our europe vacation by spending the week before the cruise in France and Spain. We flew into Paris first and Posted by jptablante in See the World before you Leave | Oct 22, 2008
- Another test postDay 2 - Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
Welcome to Rome, a glorious city filled with Classical antiquities, medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and baroque churches. Transfers depart from Rome’s Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport, for the tour Posted by khwjlg in Our Honeymoon Adventure! | Aug 17, 2014
- Where are we again?Bonjour, I mean Grazie, I mean.. How do I even pronounce that Swisse word?!
We have covered a lot of ground this last week-and-a-bit, and both feel like we've been lost in some strange vacuum where the language, food and cityscape Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Aug 14, 2014
- The Cinque TerreCinque Terre-iffic.
Okay so here's how this works for those of you who are playing along at home. First, I'll begin by telling you about picturesque mountains and greenery stretching for miles with mountainside vineyards, then I'll tell you about gorge Posted by Hodgeontour in Fernweh | Aug 14, 2014
- FirenzeIn my humble and extremely bias opinion, if Rome is the Sydney of Italy, then Florence is its Melbourne. Meaning that it appeals much more to my heartstrings. Florence holds immense cultural and historical clout, and is thus still subjected Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Aug 14, 2014
- DAY 3.5Well. I'll try.
Actually I wanted to test a bit of HTML...
[tr] [th]Col 1[/th] [th]Col 2[/th] [/tr]
[tr] [td]Content 1[/td] [td]Content 2[/td][/tr]
Well, so much for that.
Back to posting out of sequence Posted by kwoolfe in Test Blog | Aug 12, 2014
- Northern Italy then back to Rome[center]From Chamonix we were back on a bus through the Mt Blanc tunnel and down to Aosta. (Peter relieved to be back in Italian Coffee territory, as he hadn't acquired a taste for the French style of coffee). We took Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Aug 8, 2014
- 12th day of our honeymoon, 2nd day in Rome[img=http://photos. Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- 11th day of our honeymoon, 1st day in Rome[img=http://phot Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- A day trip to PaduaMy grandfather, who passed away when I was only three, used to have a lot of hobbies. One of them was making model buildings out of cigar boxes and scraps of wood, which he would then wire for lighting and Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Aug 5, 2014
- Dorsoduro and DaVinciAfter departing San Giorgio Maggiore, we decide to take a stroll through the Dorsoduro district, an area we missed on our previous visit to Venice. Our first stop is the minor Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute, dedicated Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Aug 4, 2014
- 10th day of our honeymoon, last day in Frienze[img=http://p Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- 9th day of our honeymoon, 2nd day in Frienze[img=ht Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- 8th day of our honeymoon, 1st day in Frienze[img=http://phot Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- 7th day of our honeymoon, 2nd and last day in Venice[img=http://p Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Day 3Well, dawn broke on our second full day of sightseeing, and the weather forecast was for another hot, sunny, day with a top of 30C.
Today we decided to get tickets for a hop on hop off bus which has 10 Posted by davenise in Denise & David's Holiday | Jul 30, 2014
- Tour du Mont Blanc (Part 2)Fun story I left out of my last post - from Day 1:
The biggest disappointment the whole trip for me was unlucky timing - after making it out of group play, USA had made it to the next round in Posted by danza in There and back again | Jul 30, 2014
- 6th day of our honeymoon, 1st day in Venice [img=http://p Posted by jaimers22 in Our Honeymoon 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Travel Day: Cinque Terre to Bergamo Today was an exciting travel day. We started off our morning around 8:30 when we all got up to finish some last minute packing. We had plenty of time left over to hang out with Mom and the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 29, 2014
- More Cinque Terre AdventuresToday was another great day! We left the house around 9:00 and started driving to Portovenere. Portovenere is an adorable little town that is right next to La Spezia. We were thinking of visiting the island that is Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 28, 2014
- Mellow Day at HomeToday was a very relaxing day at home. I slept in until about 11:00 because we had stayed up so late last night writing the blog. Once I got up I went downstairs to check in with everyone Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 27, 2014