- Lake OrtaWe arrived at our beautiful house in Lake Orta, just out of Omegna, with no dramas, but did have dramas actually getting inside. The agent was meant to have sent a text with the code to get through the Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Nov 11, 2015
- Day 33Not a lot going on today, but I wanted to get the photos I lost when my camera broke so went back over to Oltrarno and to Clet Abraham's studio - which was closed this time unfortunately. He has Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- The Italian WayAs we hop from one interesting place to another we do so without acknowledging that the path we take can be as spectacular as the places themselves. For instance: our journey to Sicily. We begin in Positano – once a Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 11, 2015
- Day 31 afternoon & Day 32Wow, I have to say that these two days in Pompeii were among the most amazing of my life! To be able to see this place, to tick off one of the most important items on my bucketlist is Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- Day 31 - morningToday was a big day, so I'm only going to tell you about the morning, and the trip to the top of Mt Vesuvius. In the afternoon I went to Pompeii, and intend to go back tomorrow, so I'll Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 9, 2015
- The Wrath of VesuviusIt is 12.30pm on Friday August 24th. AD79 - precisely one thousand nine hundred and thirty six years and eleven weeks ago. The folks living in Pompeii, Herculaneum, and the other towns under the shadow of Mount Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 9, 2015
- Day 30Well, there's nothing like a fast train to get you somewhere fast... as long as it's on time! I made sure I got to the station in plenty of time this morning because I didn't want to risk a Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 8, 2015
- Day 29Writing this on a fast train on the way to Naples then Pompei for a couple of nights - very exciting!
I realised I hadn't yet seen the main gardens of Florence, and as it was such a gorgeous day, I Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 8, 2015
- Postcard from PositanoDear All.
Just a quick note to say that everything is just fine here on the beach in Positano on the Amalfi coast…
We would write much more but itˈs 25 degrees, t Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 7, 2015
- Day 27Early start for a very long day. For once, a tour that didn't involve a big bus - there were 4 of us (tourists) in a mini van; so much more comfortable.
It took about an hour and a half Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 5, 2015
- Our Grand TourThe picturesque Italian city of Sorrento was one of the stops on the European Grand Tour that became an essential part of the education of young members of the British aristocracy in the 17th and 18th centuries. Those fortunate Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 5, 2015
- Santa Margherita and Cinque TerreWe caught the train from Venice, leaving at 11am, transferring at Milan and arriving in Santa Margherita about 5pm. After slight confusion finding our apartment, we phoned our contact who came to find us - as it turns out, Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Nov 4, 2015
- Day 26Today was the day to finally make it inside Palazzo Vecchio, which sits on the edge of Piazza Signoria with its multitude of restaurants and statues. The palace was used by the Medici family before they moved away from Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 4, 2015
- Renovating RomeWhile Senor Berlusconi’s personal safety deposit boxes might be bursting at the seams, the Italian government has been flat broke for years. So first time visitors to Rome might be a touch miffed to discover that someone has flashed the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 3, 2015
- Days 23-25Yes, it's three days' worth, but mostly photos!
Not much planned for this day since Saturday was such a big day at Lucca and Pisa. I decided to take a walk to the east this time, along the Arno and Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 3, 2015
- Day 22"Go to Lucca," they said. "It's quaint & peaceful," they said. Does THIS look either quaint or peaceful to you?
BO Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 31, 2015
- Mediterranean Cruise with my daughters . Sycamore trees in Aix en Provence.
My daughter Heather mentioned that her dream was to visit the south of France. So after making a few other suggestions I asked her Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Oct 31, 2015
- RomaAlpi Hotel-Rome 2/21/15
Ah Roma. We have spent four days here after our fly by night no name budget airline, Blue Panorama, got us here in one piece, albeit 3 hours late. It seems that many Italians Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 28, 2015
- Days 17-19Since my classes have moved to the afternoons, I'm finding it hard to get moving in the morning - time to set the alarm again, I think! This is my excuse for not having done much to write about!
Yesterday Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 28, 2015
- Forzo d' Agro 3 - Patching a placeSpent some time today in this ancient village patching a wall that for all we know could be 500 years old. That wall has seen a lot in its monumental life and it looks it. There's something very Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 28, 2015
- Day 16Took a very long walk to the west today, across Ponte alla Carraia to Oltrarno and the San Spririto neighbourhood and further west then back over the Arno at Ponte della Vittoria to the biggest park in Florence, Parco delle Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 25, 2015
- PYIProud Young Italian
Who knows what goes through the minds of young men and women. A different culture, a different life, a different reality. Who am I to judge. Not being fluent is a definite drawback to connection, but there needs Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- ArgintiniaDaniel from Argentina.
Daniel and I had an immediate connection. It was apparent from the first he had a zest, a curiosity, and a sense of humor that would be a joy to be with. He spoke a little English. Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- PompeiiPompeii was interesting but also disappointing in that it was under major renovation. Here was a place the nuns described to us many years ago. I sat there rapt in attention, a rare thing for me, imagining the absolute horror Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- ROMA!So first trip out of London, was a complete success. I have never been somewhere for such a short amount of time and was so sad to leave. I was excited to go to Italy for few reasons. First, and Posted by AlliScap in US-->UK | Oct 24, 2015