- Day 15 - I hiked in Monterosso! And other local legends...Last night I had one of my favourite meals in Italy! At L’Osteria, just a moment’s walk from my accommodation, was a delicious traditional Italian restaurant. I sat at what would become a communal table, reading my book “Julia Child: Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 10, 2016
- Best ever History and Political Science classesUp at 6:30, breakfast at 7:30, on the bus at 8:30, the Study Tour rhythm begins.
Breakfast was rich with stories of all the adventures and discoveries made by everyone last night. Totals steps walked ranged from 14,000 Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 9, 2016
- Day 10 - Downtown in FlorenceWe took to the streets of Florence today to explore on our own. Nothing against tourists but there were bloody massive groups of tourists everywhere! More than we have seen anywhere else so far. We set off walking with the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 9, 2016
- Arrival in RomeWe are certainly living le dolce vita here in Rome. The last 26 hours has been a whirlwind of wonderful experiences. Thanks to all the folks who made sure the entire team made it to the airport on Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 9 - to FlorenceToday was a travel day with a later start then off to catch the very fast train to Florence. It was very fast - averaging 250 kilometres an hour and virtually no indication of the speed we were travelling at. Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 8 - Rome sojourn is ending!With a 9 am start we had time for breakfast so we were able to wander down the street to a local café and look at the views!
Day 8 was supposed to be an easy no walking day. Kiron had Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 7, 2016
- Day 7 - Visiting a new country!Today was spent in Vatican City State - adding another country to our list of ones visited.
The day started early with us needing to be at a special meeting point for a tour of the Scavi. So we grabbed a Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 6, 2016
- Day 6 - Rome walkingToday we met up with our personal guide Kiron who had been recommended by a friend.
She met us in the morning and took us on a tour of the Forum and Colosseum. Along the way she told us lots Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 5, 2016
- Attempts at being Culturally & Culinarily Delighted..===The Tour!!!===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/809050/P5310 Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 5, 2016
- Day 5 - Barcelona to RomeToday has been a travel day so we packed up our digs in Barcelona and came to Roma (Italy not QLD!)
The top things from Barcelona according to Channe:
2. La Sagrada Familia
3. Getting lost (AKA taking the scenic route) Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 4, 2016
- Days 11-14 - My napping-adventures through Tuscany!My Roman holiday was over and it was time to move back up to Tuscany! My train was headed for Siena, a beautiful little town outside of Florence, and after taking some wrong stairs, more stairs, up the stairs, across Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Day 10: Roman Holiday Part 2 - The VaticanWhen in Rome…you must see The Vatican!
Today was a very special, very early start, on account of having breakfast with the Pope! That’s right, a super-early morning (in the rain) of touring The Vatican museum, Sistene Chapel, and St Peter’s Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Ventimiglia Friday April 15th I returned to Torino last night with no problems. I got a very warm welcome back from the boys. Luisella had messaged me while I was gone telling me that Vittorio was sad because Kay's sons had Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Lucca Day 2Thursday April 14th Yes I have titled this entry Lucca day two even though if you count this is my fourth day in Lucca. I'm calling it day two because as you can tell from reading I haven't actually been Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Cinque TerreWednesday April 13th, today is my last full day in Lucca and before I got here I booked a trip through viator.com to go to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is a national park made up of five villages, most Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Day 9: Roman Holiday Part 1- The Colossum When in Rome…you must see the Colosseum! And today was the day. I had bought a guided group tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palantine Hill, lasting several hours and covering quite a lot of ground. The tour guide Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016
- Day 8: Florence in the rain and other crank-inducing events!Florence in the rain is beautiful…when you’re undercover…and extremely inconvenient when trying to fit the most sightseeing into your final moments of a great city as you can!
I checked out of the hostel, went to the café across the road Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016
- Pisa & FlorenceTuesday April 12th, this day my plan was to take the train to Pisa and after that to take the train to Florence. Everyone says you need multiple days to see Florence and they're right you do need multiple days Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Lucca day 1Monday April 11th flixbus, Megabus, and the train all failed me they either didn't go from Milano to Lucca today, or we're asking more money than I was willing to spend so I used BlahBlahCar.com. It's available throughout Europe, and Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- SwitzerlandSunday April 10th today I have a trip up to Switzerland it's the Swiss Alps Bernina Express rail tour from Milan. I booked it on viator.com before I got there, however if you go to the tourist information center you Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Exploring MilanoWhen I left the hotel I walked towards the city center to the bus stop that the man at my hotel had pointed out, then I decided you know what the city center is close enough forget the bus I'll Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 27, 2016
- Getting to MilanoPart of the time that I was away from this blog I was busy speeding around as much of Northern Italy, seeing as much as I possibly could! I asked my family for one week off so that I could Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 25, 2016
- Busy living I apologize I kind of totally forgot about this blog and therefore am ashamed to see how much time has passed since my last entry. Since I work week days and have weekends off I spent Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 25, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Waltz MistralLaivo ir mano svečiai šiandien išvažiavo. Liko indas su braškėm, kurių nebesuvalgėm per atsisveikinimo priešpiečius. Lieka ir geri prisiminimai apie kartu keliavusius Jūratę ir Deividą - kiekvienas škiperis tikrai norėtų tokių žmonių savo įguloje.
Kar Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Apr 24, 2016
- Day 7: The duck chaser, the meat chaser, and the wang policeSometimes, like when I’m looking at my bank balance, I’m quite appreciative of a hostel, and other times, like at 3am in the morning when three new roomies decide to arrive, or at 8am when a jackhammer renders your alarm Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 23, 2016