- FlorenceI'm getting really bad at this updating thing. Sorry!
This morning, I went on a guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery. Our tour guide, Caterina was informative and very lovely.
The Uffizi contained the offices that the Medici family used- a Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 21, 2015
- CORTINA - JUNE 20thJust a short ride today up to Tre Croci - 1809m and then on to Tre Cime di Lava (Drei Zinnen)
Of course I had to put an Aussie sticker on the sign
always a "ph Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 20, 2015
- CORTINA - JUNE 19thHappy birthday Jo - what a fantastic place to enjoy being chauffeured around on your birthday.
(taken at Passio Giau later in the day - my favourite photo of the day)
First st Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 20, 2015
- Gentlemen (and Women) of Florence and Verona
A typical Florentine scene...light reflecting off the water and one of the city's bridges
Day 7: Florence and Ver Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 19, 2015
- Me in Cinque Terre
I am adding this intermediate photo to my blog because I accidentally un-clicked the Notify Subscribers button on my Cinque Terre post
[[http://world-wide-mike.travellers Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 18, 2015
- Sunny, Seaside Cinque Terre
The pretty harbor of La Spezia, from where we set out on our day trip to Cinque Terre
[b][center]Day 6: Cinque Te Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 18, 2015
- MARREBE ENNEBERG to CORTINA d AMPREZZO - JUNE 18th Along the way it is so easy to make friends : more on that later.
The Dolimiti Passes are our absolute favourites, today in glorious sunshine was no exception - stunning day!!
After leaving the Hotel Condor at Marrebe Enneberg we Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- Venice and Munich[img=http://photos. Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- Europe 2015 - Tirano, ItalyIt's our last day in Italy. Tirano is a beautiful town, the type I was idealistically picturing in my mind.
Tomorrow, we're hopping the Swiss scenic train "Bernina Express". After, we'll spend a couple of nights in a vineyard in Switzerland, Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 18, 2015
- RAUTH to MAREBBE-ENNEBERGAchievement day - more on that later !!
Last night we were transported by mini-bus to Hotel Mondschein for dinner. After so much time on the bikes being in a motor vehicle, with Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- Pompeii and the Pearl that is Assisi
The kids enjoy the view from atop a tower in Assisi's castle, Rocca Maggiore
[b][center]Day 4: Pompeii[/center] Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 17, 2015
- Venice: day 3Yesterday, I went on a guided tour of St Mark's Basilica. It's so beautiful inside. The roof is covered in religious mosaics from the Byzantine era and gilded with gold leaf.
St Mark was an important religious figure who wrote one Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 17, 2015
- Bell'Italia: Leading Students on an Educational Tour
Rome's most famous site, the Colosseum
Despite this being my fourth visit to Italy, it was a first in a number Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 16, 2015
- BORMIO to RAUTH - JUNE 16thLeaving Hotel Silene in Bormio was a lot like farewelling family, Nonna was in the corner chatting with her friends pausing to give me a fold farewell in Italian - no idea what she said but it sounded lovely. Alba Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 16, 2015
- Europe 2015 - Lake Como, ItalyAs I draft this entry, I am relaxing in our really homey B&B, enjoying a glass of chianti and an Italian drama on TV. I'm feeling buzzed on a single glass of the wine and just checked the alcohol content Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 16, 2015
- Venice: day 2Yesterday, I went on a gondola ride, wandered the lanes of Venice, took lots of pictures of nice architecture, and contemplated this dying city.
Considering that I flew all the way from Australia, I'm surprised how quickly I adjusted to Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 17, 2015
- BORMIO - JUNE 15thToday was a BFD (Bike Free Day) badly in need of a break we took the day off and just wandered around the beautiful historic village of Bormio.
If you don't want to see tourist photos - look away now !!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_ Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- Agriturismo Val della Pieve Upon leaving Florence, we made our way to the agriturismo. An agriturismo is a working farm that doubles as a bed and breakfast. It is a way for small farms to receive a source of income in addition to the Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Jun 15, 2015
- Martina Franca and back -Part 2[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/737439/B19622EC94EA22D15218A43629 Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jun 15, 2015
- Half the world awayHi all.
I'm in Venice now. Sorry for not updating you sooner; my internet took a while to set up. Please contact me on the overseas number now.
I left Melbourne at around 6 pm on Saturday 13th June and flew Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 15, 2015
- Day 22 – 8 June (Monday)I got up early and watched the clouds playing on the surrounding mountains. It is the first time I really understood the expression “clouds playing on the mountains”. That is what it seemed like – the clouds were changing their Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 14, 2015
- Cinque Terra[img=http://p Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Day 22, Saturday, June 13, 2015 Hop On/Off TourSaturday morning we slept in because breakfast here is served from 7-11am. The breakfast buffet was excellent, one of the best we have had, including Prosecco for mimosas if one so desired…aw what the heck, we’re on vacation.
After breakfast Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- BORMIO - JUNE 14thUp into the mountains again today, more twisty hair-pin bends, 18 of them, winding back almost on top of each other.
"Riding looking at our own backside sometimes" to quote our Canadian friend from yesterday.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5768 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- LANDECK TO BORMIO (ITALY) JUNE 9 to 13thI have not done a blog for a few days as I was a "basket case" . I have recovered now and we are back on our journey.
We left Landeck yesterday morning in sunshine, our first stop was Lago Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015