- From umbrellas and ponchos to flowers and fireYesterday we experienced rain - and the vendors were out selling umbrellas and ponchos. We were accosted every 5 minutes by someone who thought they'd improve our experience by selling us an overpriced brollie! We got soaked but had a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 16, 2013
- Living and Learning the Jesuit DreamSpirituality and Religion
Spirituality and Religion are two things that I’ve been in a constant battle with over the past few years. Born into a Brahmin family, I was raised with the Hindu faith. I blindly accepted my faith until Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Sep 16, 2013
- After 35 hours, we've arrived ...We started at 9:30 on Saturday morning in the Qantas Lounge in Melbourne - 35 hours later, 12:30 pm on Sunday and we arrived in our apartment in Rome.
Incident free until David was sick coming into Singapore - the lengths Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 15, 2013
- Remarkably Preserved PompeiiBefore we drove to Amalfi we made a stop in Pompeii, the town at the base of Mount Vesuvius that was buried when the volcano erupted in 79 AD. Because it was buried under ash, the town is remarkable preserved. Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Mamma Mia Pizza! - NaplesWe left the quiet of the Tuscany region and started our drive to Naples, a supposedly chaotic and congested city. On the way there we stopped in Asciano, a very small town, mainly to stretch our legs. This is where Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Imbibing in Chianti (For one of us at least)After being in town after town, we were looking forward to staying a night in the Chianti wine region. This was where we were doing a "food and wine experience", although I'd unfortunately be missing out on the wine part. Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Holy, Holy, Masterpieces 13th September 2013
Our first night at The Ergife went very well. We were comfortable and all slept like good babies. It was a bit of a rush this morning with our coach leaving at 715am. We quickly went down to Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 13, 2013
- Steps, Saints and Shopping12th September 2013
Its 830am when we finally rouse ourselves from bed. Nothing pressing today, just a quick visit o some parts of Rome that we have not seen, before we move further out of the city with Trafalgar this afternoon.
We Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 13, 2013
- Crater Expectations11th September 2013
We had a very early start this morning. Alarm off at 6.15am, but I have not really slept since 4am, dubious that the alarm is going to work at 6.15! We try and get breakfast before we Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 12, 2013
- Walking, walking, walking.10th September 2013
Wow what a great sleep. I woke up at 5.30 and couldn't sleep any longer so I went downstairs to check up on emails and the blog. At 7am the boys found me in the hotel sitting room Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 12, 2013
- The last get-togetherAnother year in Italy draws to a close. We had our last gourmet dinner with the students. Goodbye to more dear friends and wonderful experiences.
[img Posted by Brichkline in Off To Italy II | Sep 11, 2013
- Back to BolzanoAs I said last year, I had to head back to Bolzano. This year, M and I took the long Easter weekend to go to Bolzano. As it turned out, most of the faculty had the same destination Posted by Brichkline in Off To Italy II | Sep 11, 2013
- Lovely SienaSiena is a place we were excited to go to but didn't really know much about. We got there in the evening and went out for a walk in the historic part of the city. Even though most places were Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 10, 2013
- Rome - Italy Hi All
This could well be my last blog as we are off to Dubai after this for some rest, relaxation and recovery.
Arrived in Rome on Friday afternoon and was picked up and taken to our hotel which is about Posted by Chappeltravels in Europe Trip | Sep 10, 2013
- A Day Of Firsts!9th September 2013
I am writing this on the plane. It has so far been a smooth journey and we have about 3 hours to go. I hope it continues this well.
This morning we decide to set the alarm for 6am Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 10, 2013
- Venice ReportCities are a funny thing. I thought I'd love Rome - but it didn't make quite the impression I thought. Venice, on the other hand, I adore. It's beautiful, romantic , decrepit ; and with the Biennale in town also, Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 9, 2013
- FlorenceOh dear I have been slack and now need to remember 3 days back! We arrived in Florence and our accommodation was only a short walk from the station which made things easy. The apartment is lovely - Posted by webb in Webb holiday | Sep 8, 2013
- Tuscan Tour Continues in Pienza & San GimignamoDriving through Tuscany has been stunning so far. Our next stop was Pienza, a tiny town with basically one or two streets of shops and restaurants.After taking in the views of the countryside and walking through the town, we were Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 6, 2013
- Sore Calves in MontepulcianoMontepulciano was definitely a far cry from the busy streets of Rome. We got there in the early afternoon and right away we were met with what small Tuscan towns are known for - hilly streets. We had trouble finding Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 6, 2013
- The chaos that is Rome[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/607890/4A5E105A2219AC68172E17 Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 6, 2013
- Day 1 in Roma [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/607890/90_IMG_1840.j Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 5, 2013
- The joys of international flight ! to be continued About to board again ! Have to tell all later Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 5, 2013
- Gladiators and Spaghetti - RomaThis year's trip is a little less out there than the last few (China, India, SE Asia) but since one of us is in less than optimal physical condition (5 months pregnant...I guess you've figured out it's not George) we Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 3, 2013
- Detaching From That Truck That Must Have Hit UsWell we solved the problem of TFB -that nasty bridge in Venice by hiring a porter to wheel our bags on his brilliant little trolley! Worth every one of the E20.
But i get ahead of myself.
To all of you Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 2, 2013
- BENVENUTI A ROMA!Drinking culture. Yes I’m going to talk about alcohol. Starting as soon as I boarded Lufthansa Airlines, I was given the opportunity to consume an alcoholic beverage. No, I did not purchase any, but I was amazed at the fact Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Sep 2, 2013