- Tuscany We left Florence in a hire car and had a lovely drive through quintessential Tuscan countryside to our next destination, San Gimignano. A walled city with 14 towers, we had yet another gorgeous traditional stone apartment. We really have found Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 27, 2014
- Roma - relocatedSo yesterday I moved from my hostel down by the colosseum to a hotel up by the Vatican, giving me a chance to explore in detail another part of Rome.
There may be no water and a lot of scaffolding in Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 113 - Wine & Rubbianello This morning, before heading to the post office, Roberto gave us a wee tour of the winery.
Here's a truck dumping grapes into the hopper. In the bottom of the hopper rotates a long screw feed, that pushes the grapes through Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- Scherzi di VenerdìThe phrase "lost in translation" came to mind instantly when the closest that I could translate "Friday Funnies" into was "Scherzi di Venerdì". Unfortunately it doesn't quite roll off the tongue in the way that I'd hoped... Anyway here is Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 112 - San Benedetto del TrontoBuongiorno!
Today we did a few jobs in the morning, like wash our very dirty car, then after lunch we headed left to the coast. The drive is mostly on straight roads, through agricultural areas and lots of small towns. About Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Mercato Delle TerreI'm a creature of habit and those habits have followed me to Bologna. While the digestivi aisle in my local PAM is very much to my liking, the fresh food section is not - it reminds me of supermarkets at Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 25, 2014
- Roma - day of the newThe weather in Rome has been awful for the last 24 hours or so. Starting from last night it was very stormy with thunder, lightning and heavy rain. That threw a spanner in the works with my plans for today Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 25, 2014
- Roma primo giornoOur hostel is one floor of an apartment building, so this morning while getting ready we were serenaded by another resident practising piano. It feels like being in a film, with an instrumental background to all your actions.
In the morning Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 111 - Ascoli PicenoI was up late due to my work call back to NZ last night so slept in until about 10am. Once up I realised that the boys hadn't been down for breakfast either. Teenagers! After some late breakfast we packed Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 110 - Monalto delle MarcheBuongiorno!
Not much to tell about today. Up late, did washing etc.
Groceries in Aso. VERY frustrating buying groceries in Germany, Austria and Italy. So little choice of products. France and UK had the best supermarkets. Here there is a lot Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- The DuomoThe Duomo
And the Modesty Mafia
I've been in a jolly lot of churches in my life, and in recent years, a lot of European cathedrals. As mentioned in a previous post, I have mixed feelings about them. But I have a Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 24, 2014
- Sono contentaI am very happy to be in Italy.
Today I left Barcelona and flew to Rome. The hostel here is much better for me than the one in Barcelona. There is more space, it is less of a party hostel and Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 23, 2014
- A Milano in Treno Veloce.Venerdì scorso sono andato a Milano. Ho preso la Frecciarossa - un treno molto veloce! Questo tipo dal treno non esiste in Australia - mi dispiace dire. Va quasi 300 chilometri all'ora. Bologna a Milano 63 minuti. Favoloso!
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 23, 2014
- FlorenceThe train trip from Venice to Florence was only 2 hours on the fast train, so after we checked in to our next apartment, we thought we'd make the most of a free eurail travel day and pop down to Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 23, 2014
- Day 10 and day 6 of the bike ride.This morning was different in that we had a bike ride that started at 7:45 am. This meant a brief snack then on our bikes and complete the final ride in Italy. Fortunately it was Sunday as we Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 9 and Day 5 of bike rideThis morning was unusual in that it had rained during the night. This worked out perfectly as our day started out with a walking tour and this allowed the moisture to be absorbed from our biking paths. Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 8 on trip and day 4 on bike rideWe started off with breakfast and then we got on our bikes and climbed out on our bikes on a steep uphill rode to get out of the small town of La Chiusa. The hills were rolling Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 109 - Montalto delle MarcheHi lovely people!
After the late night last night we got up late, and were on the the run for the morning trying to get out by 10am. As a result we now realise we left some food and our Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 108 - Camping Fabulous Sleep in and rest day today. We had a chat with Pam and Neil on the skype for a bit to catch up with what was happening on the other side of the world. Also caught up on a bit Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 107 - Part TwoAt 2.30pm we arrived at the famous ruins of Pompeii. Filippo introduced us to our Pompeii guide, Rossana (pronounced rrr-oss-arn -a). Rossana, a woman in perhaps her mid-forties/fifties, is the 'atypical' Italian we see in movies - flamboyant, talkative, Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 107 - Part OneThe Amalfi Coast road is well known for its beauty and the need to be an experienced driver to negotiate its narrow and winding pathway.
We set off from Rome with Filippo, our very own driver in a very comfortable van Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 7 on trip and day 3 on Bike RideToday we left our glorious hotel and packed up and headed to a bus to a small valley called the Val d' Orcia . We started in a small town called Sarteano and after climbing up and down Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 20, 2014
- Tuscany - Chianti Region
After a successful GPS setting - well done mum!👩 We are Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 19, 2014
- Pompei - by DanyonPompeii is such a cool place. The guide, Rossana, taught us lots about the old ruined town. We learnt that the Romans had central heating in their homes and bath houses. In the morning, the servants boiled water over fires Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Pompei - by EvieWe got up relly urlly to go to Pompei. Our driver picked us up and we drove around the Amalfi Coast. It was very pretty. We ate lunch at Amalfi town. My favourite dish was Gnocci. After lunch we drove Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014