- RomeWe had to be down at level 2 today to get off the ship and meet our driver for our trip to Rome. What a full day! We drove at about 130 km/h for around 1 and a half hours Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- La SpeziaAt La Spezia we got into the port buildings and someone was offering a bus ride to 2 places and we went to Lerici and Pisa. The bus either had really bad aircon or the driver wouldn't use it and Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- The rest of the footThe instep was all pretty similar and although we found some beach wild camping, we decided we had got that particular T-shirt and headed across the foot to the north coast of Calabria. Very impressive series of tunnels again and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 19, 2016
- Italy part 3Enjoyed beautiful Orta some more- so cute and picturesque: Coffee, shopping, swimming, dinner out... Also visited the extensive Sacromonte of St Francis but forgot to take any pictures 😖
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843200/large_90_CD2A0251DEDF Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 16, 2016
- And then I broke my toe!!Moving on from Ginosa presented the navigator with another problem, where to stay in an area that looked to be running out of sosta. The coastal dual carriage way was fairly quick and apart from stopping for fuel where 3 Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 15, 2016
- Could do better One site wanted a ridiculous €33 for a night, where did they think we were, a Caravan Club site? Fortunately we found a site next to a beach with a wooden area between full of Italian families, good job Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 15, 2016
- Italy - Lake OrtaWe found a dog friendly campsite a few minutes from Lake Orta's shores in Orta San Giulio (somewhere the Sunday Times extolled the virtues ). A quaint cobbled town with many ristorante and cafe.
The lake was warmer than Iseo.[img=http://photos.travell Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 14, 2016
- When In Rome...I am very sad to report that this post brings an end to our Italian adventures. We did spent a total of 18 days in Italy, but I’ve just been hopeless at providing regular updates so we’ve had to cram Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 13, 2016
- Holiday crowdsWe left the builders yard next morning, Sunday, experiencing much less traffic than the previous day, must have been Italian holiday Saturday. With all the hordes about we decided on a bit of culture and headed for a city Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 10, 2016
- PugliaOn the way out of the national park we stopped at the Santuario dell'Addolorata, which stood out in the distance half way up the hill. One of the most stunning churches and out in the middle of nowhere.
The Abruzzo Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 10, 2016
- Lake Iseo, ItalyGot a pitch for 4 nights in the town of Iseo, on the edge of lake Iseo. The campsite overlooks the lake and has a small beach on the lakeside. We can see the lake from our pitch. It is Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 10, 2016
- Back Home and Missing ItaliaWow, it has already been 2 weeks since I've been back... I know this last post is very delayed but I have been living in denial, hoping every morning when I wake up I will be, once again, in Firenze. Posted by Signorina in Italia 2016 | Aug 7, 2016
- SulmonaWe arrived about 4ish and had a short siesta to give the locals time to wake up and wandered into town, this place is really different. It has somehow preserved the 14th and 15th century buildings and still has a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 6, 2016
- Further into Abruzzo Getting around this region and not using the motorways is interesting, the roads rate even worse than Portugal and we aren't too far south as yet, Sicilly is supposed to be a challenge to drive in. The Italians put up Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Aug 6, 2016
- The Italian IncidentIt would appear that I have once again fallen drastically behind in my updates. It’s been over a week since we crossed into Italy and picked up our current guest. I guess I’ve just been enjoying myself too much to Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 2, 2016
- 6 Months Blog Update 3The next stop was Caserte for the day and then during the next couple of days, we took bus trips along the Amalfi Coast, visited Sorrento Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Castellamare, Capri and Anacapri.
[center][img=http://p Posted by PendergrastR in My Year in Belgium | Aug 3, 2016
- First view of Abruzzo We had never heard of the region of Marche but we're moving into one we have all heard of, Abruzzo. Abruzzi, as it's also known, is the home of Montepulciano, the grape grown here gives its name to the famous Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 30, 2016
- Vatican Museum and St Peter's Basilica in RomeOur first full day in Rome, we had booked guided tours for each of the 3 days we'd be here. I've been told by many that the queues and people at the major attractions in summer are crazy, you could Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 28, 2016
- Pisa & Rome - Tourism on Steroids, but it has to be doneWe leave Toscana with sadness as we know we were leaving tranquillity and launching ourselves into two of the most tourist visited cities in the world.
The first part was a flying stop off in Pisa which is exactly what Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 28, 2016
- Sibillini National Park We always go the the regional tourist office and the one in Camerino was excellent and gave us lots of information on what to see in Marche. The only trouble is what to choose. We know we are going to Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 27, 2016
- Down, down, down to the Swiss Lakes
Our overnight stay in Müster was fun filled with the girls discovering the aperitif Hugo and sampling many over the afternoon evening. The hotel is owned by friends of o Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 26, 2016
- Lipari to RomeOnly a few hours of sleep last night, up before 5am as we had a schedule of various forms of transport to hit today as we were traveling from the island to Rome. We quickly packed up the ancestral home Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 25, 2016
- Wine brick incidentOur daily mileage is about 25 and so we don't over heat we continued this standard to a hill top town called Camerino, passing more fields of happy sunflowers.
We were amazed to find such a brilliant sosta at the top Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 25, 2016
- CannetoAfter all the planning to get here and the absence of 47 years since I was last here, today was our last full day here on the island. It was to be a rest day, other than packing to leave Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- LipariAfter our big yesterday our next two days would be spent on the island. Today we planned to drive around the island once more like we had done with the kids on Sunday, but this time stop and swim at Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 22, 2016