- Mount Vesuvio and PompeiTook the bus up to the top of Mount Vesuvio this morning.....Pompei after lunch.
Great views from the crater rim on Vesuvio and a very interesting afternoon exploring Pompei.
Very exciting on the road....learning how to drive like a local! Important to Posted by The Pearsons in Postcards from Italy 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Introducing Wonky ThoughtsIt's no use trying to stop my brain entirely from looking at the world through a policy lens while on this adventure. So instead of fighting it, I'll attempt to nurture it with the occasional "wonky thoughts" entry. I hope Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | May 12, 2014
- From Catania to Palermo Posted by anada75 in Adventures in Sicily | May 24, 2014
- Vatican CityIt's here!!!!!! My bag has finally arrived, it was waiting for me when I got back from the Vatican. I promptly took a much more satisfying shower and did my hair and changed the hell out of my clothes! I'm Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 24, 2014
- Farewell to FlorenceOur next success was visiting the Uffizi Gallery. Despite arriving 10 minutes after the 8:15 opening there was already a huge queue outside. We had the opportunity to pre purchase tickets for specific entry times yesterday, but at an extra Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 9, 2014
- Pictures!I woke up super early this morning so I thought I would get some photos uploaded since I didn't get the chance last night, and maybe talk a bit more about my day. So here goes:
My very first hostel.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/672363/IMG_31 Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 23, 2014
- RomaDefinitely a better day all around! I felt much more prepared to handle Rome today. I think one of my fellow hostellers put it best when she said, "you finally figure out each city's system just in time to leave Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 23, 2014
- Following In Ezio's FootstepsBecause we had quite a while in Florence we had a bit more down time and a bit more time to do boring things like book hotels/flights etc for upcoming parts of the trip. We did get some fun stuff Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 7, 2014
- A Rainy Day in PompeiiToday's itinerary takes us to the Roman town of Pompeii, a present thanks to Simone and Jeff. I'm sure most of you know the story of the city, but just in case I'll give you a quick run down. In Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 4, 2014
- I Made It!What a day! I have to admit, getting here was rough. First, all three of my flights were late, which is always irritating, but not really a big deal until I arrived in Rome to find out that the result Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 22, 2014
- Venice has 409 bridgesMy first stop in Europe and I'm already learning how to go with the flow. The flight from JFK to Milan was awesome. We (my boyfriend Alex and I) flew Emirates on a Boeing 777. They gave us blankets, pillows, Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | May 22, 2014
- Day 13 - Saturday May 10Technically this day starts at midnight, with us in bed watching the NBA playoffs (Portland vs San Antonio) with the commentary in Italian...for about 5 minutes.
Up early, with Robin dressing for shul. She walked to the Synagoga, I got Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 21, 2014
- Arrivederci Roma, Buongiorno NapoliIn the morning we had a nice farewell with Claudia, such a lovely lady. Then we grabbed the bus to train station, after a long wait dropped our bags off at hideous left luggage department (no self service lockers), and Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 2, 2014
- Day 12 Friday May 9So woke up early, showered, worked on this journal (the handwritten version...didn't take any computers on the trip, if you don't count Robin's iPhone). Conserving underwear; Robin hand-washed a couple of things yesterday so I will just squeak by Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 21, 2014
- Day 11 Thursday May 8up a little bit later than usual - the dining room was full so we were forced to have breakfast out on the terrace (down a flight of stairs) which turned out to be very nice. more lemon bushes/trees/whatever. Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 20, 2014
- Day 10 Wednesday May 7Up at 8 (I set my phone to alarm at 8 early on, and never changed it) for (included) breakfast of mixed fresh fruit (really good), croissant and rolls, american coffee, yellow cake with nuts, eggs, juice, yogurt, and more. Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 20, 2014
- Day 9 - Tuesday May 6We were up at 7:30 for 8am breakfast, so that we can comfortably make our 9:55 train. shower, pack, pay (with cash, they said they preferred it, and we pay the same 3% fee on credit card and cash Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 20, 2014
- Looking For Pics Of The Sistine Chapel? You're Out Of LuckWe are up early. Proper really early. We make our way to the Vatican Museum, a gift we have been trying to accept from Aunt Kathy, and arrive at 8.30. A half hour before opening. There is already a long Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 30, 2014
- An Unplanned Jaunt Through RomeKate's alarm doesn't go off, spoiling any attempt at an early start and avoiding queues at the Vatican museum. We look at day trips out of the overcrowded city as an alternative, decide it's all too hard and settle on Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 29, 2014
- The Pope Or Not The Pope- That Is The Question...We get up early to head to the Vatican Museum today. The bus is packed! What was a 20 minute ride yesterday on a rainy Sunday is over an hour on a Monday morning around rush hour. So we arrive Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 28, 2014
- Day 8 - Monday May 5At 8 in our monk's cell (i mean, our hotel room) we had a tray of breakfast delivered, coffee, croissant with embedded jam (good for me, too sweet for Robin), a very fresh roll, yogurt, melba toast, and soft cheese Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 19, 2014
- Roman Holiday, Only Better
Teatro de Marcello, Rome
Visits with family and friends continue with a two a Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | May 11, 2014
- 3...2...1...Lift OffAfter 6 years of college, I have decided to cap it all off with a 70 day Europe trip. I'll be going to 9 countries and 31 cities, and meeting up with 10 different people from moments in my Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | May 18, 2014
- So Long And Thanks For All The KebabsEarly flight, disgustingly early. We were up before the first morning prayers. Ugh. We took a painless bus ride to the airport, then passed through security prior to even entering the airport- odd. The queue to check in was miles Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 27, 2014
- PORTOVENERE, ITALY
We anchored off of the Ligurian coast of Italy, in Portovenere. The “Case Torri” (tower houses, 6 to 8 stories high) formed part of the town’s defense. The Genoese built them so that each one h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | May 17, 2014