- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Rome!!!Italy. For years, really for most of my life, Italy has been the place I have wanted to go. That I singled out any particular place is quite remarkable given my habitual indecisiveness combined with the fact that the list Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Sep 20, 2013
- Bay of Naples.......Hi all.... Check out these photos... WiFi has been sketchy to say the least... Since last update we have been to.....
Bay of Naples
Weather is now beautiful... People r nice... Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 20, 2013
- Roma - the beautiful but extremely grimy cityDear All
Our first full day in Rome today.
Got onto the open top bus today and did a round trip to see all the major sights of Rome. Got a Roma pass which we will use today when we go on Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 19, 2013
- The amazing cliffs of AmalfiWell, we're back home now and didn't get to update the last leg of our trip - the Amalfi coast. Better late than never! So George had been waiting the whole trip to drive along the coast, which is known Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 19, 2013
- What a huge day!After 750+ km, and 13.5 hours we are exhausted. A day that started with a 7am pick-up and ended with a lovely wine and pizza dinner after being dropped off at 8:30 pm, was filled with unbelievable architectural sights from Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 19, 2013
- Bolognese and Serenades16th September 2013
Well we said goodbye to Florence this morning and sped down the highway to Bologna. A city I had not really been fussed about until today. Not only is it the home of Bolognese sauce, but so much Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- Traffic Jams, Tardy Taxis and Tuscan Hills15th September 2013
Today starts with a nice breakfast in the hotel. It is an early start , on the coach by 7.45am. We arrive in Florence early in Piazza di Santa Croce and head to a leather store. We are Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- 34 Saatte Roma...Uzun bir tatilde çok yer görmek istediğimizde veya kısa zamanlara çokşey sığdırmak istediğimizde biraz yorulmak gerekiyor. Yürüyerek Roma’yı nasıl hızlı tamamladık. (Müze gibi yerleri pas geçtiğimizde tabi ki...)
Saat 14:00’de havalimanına varış ve 15: Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in GeziKaravani | Sep 19, 2013
- Nut Cakes and Genius14th September 2013
Last night we had a great meal at the in house restaurant at Ergife Hotel. It was amazing but AUD$120 which we thought was a bit steep. I had scaloppine, a favourite from home. This was the best Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 19, 2013
- Culinary NotesAs I'm nearing my last week in Paris, I thought it would be good to note down my culinary highlights so far. I've been eating a lot of food, and will, no doubt, pay the price for it when I Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 19, 2013
- Why you need a tour guide!Today we had our first taste of an expert guide - and wow - it was well worth it.
Luca (pictured) was our guide in the morning for our wander around Ancient Rome - the Colosseum, the Emperor's palace, the Forum, Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 18, 2013
- Italian TransportBefore I go on I thought I'd divert onto Italian roads and rails.
I've already waxed lyrical about trains that arrived on time etc, but it seems I was a bit precipitate in my opinions. After several late trains which Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 18, 2013
- Full day 2 in RomeTwo nights in Rome have already gone and it was time to change abodes - from our self-contained apartment near the Ancient Rome neighbourhood to our hotel on the other side of the river closer to Vatican City. So we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 17, 2013
- ...Um, Would You Believe We've Been Busy?Ok so my apologies for falling asleep every night instead of writing to you all. But by the end of the day all I want is to eat and crawl into bed.
Now that apologies are over let's get back Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 17, 2013
- From umbrellas and ponchos to flowers and fireYesterday we experienced rain - and the vendors were out selling umbrellas and ponchos. We were accosted every 5 minutes by someone who thought they'd improve our experience by selling us an overpriced brollie! We got soaked but had a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 16, 2013
- Living and Learning the Jesuit DreamSpirituality and Religion
Spirituality and Religion are two things that I’ve been in a constant battle with over the past few years. Born into a Brahmin family, I was raised with the Hindu faith. I blindly accepted my faith until Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Sep 16, 2013
- After 35 hours, we've arrived ...We started at 9:30 on Saturday morning in the Qantas Lounge in Melbourne - 35 hours later, 12:30 pm on Sunday and we arrived in our apartment in Rome.
Incident free until David was sick coming into Singapore - the lengths Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 15, 2013
- Remarkably Preserved PompeiiBefore we drove to Amalfi we made a stop in Pompeii, the town at the base of Mount Vesuvius that was buried when the volcano erupted in 79 AD. Because it was buried under ash, the town is remarkable preserved. Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Mamma Mia Pizza! - NaplesWe left the quiet of the Tuscany region and started our drive to Naples, a supposedly chaotic and congested city. On the way there we stopped in Asciano, a very small town, mainly to stretch our legs. This is where Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Imbibing in Chianti (For one of us at least)After being in town after town, we were looking forward to staying a night in the Chianti wine region. This was where we were doing a "food and wine experience", although I'd unfortunately be missing out on the wine part. Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 13, 2013
- Holy, Holy, Masterpieces 13th September 2013
Our first night at The Ergife went very well. We were comfortable and all slept like good babies. It was a bit of a rush this morning with our coach leaving at 715am. We quickly went down to Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 13, 2013
- Steps, Saints and Shopping12th September 2013
Its 830am when we finally rouse ourselves from bed. Nothing pressing today, just a quick visit o some parts of Rome that we have not seen, before we move further out of the city with Trafalgar this afternoon.
We Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 13, 2013
- Crater Expectations11th September 2013
We had a very early start this morning. Alarm off at 6.15am, but I have not really slept since 4am, dubious that the alarm is going to work at 6.15! We try and get breakfast before we Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 12, 2013
- Walking, walking, walking.10th September 2013
Wow what a great sleep. I woke up at 5.30 and couldn't sleep any longer so I went downstairs to check up on emails and the blog. At 7am the boys found me in the hotel sitting room Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 12, 2013