- Day 2 - Tuesday April 29Woke up at 9:45am, just made it down to breakfast in time! (The breakfast is included in the hotel cost). It was great! Cut up fresh fruit and whole fresh fruit (kiwi, apples, oranges), 3 kinds of cake, Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 14, 2014
- Day 1 - Monday April 28Left the house at 2pm for the 5:30 flight, assuming a 3 hour lead time for an international flight. We were at the gate at 3pm.
We flew from Chicago to Dusseldorf, leaving Chicago at about 6PM (1AM in Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 14, 2014
- Roma AmorBefore we departed Firenze on Monday, we diverted our cab to Piazza Michelangelo where you can get a panoramic vista of the city
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/BAA7B4D42219AC6817042F009E5F6C03.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Islands of murano, Burano and TorcelloThe next day in florence I wanted to walk around locally and just take pictures. This morning I was particularly from for yesterday's steak and didn't really want breakfast. So I pack my day pack and headed out. I immediately Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 13, 2014
- Italia!And, once again, just like that welcome to Italy. our tour manager, Bec had a few surprises for us before we got to our hotel. The first was a bit of a side trip to the stunning town Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 12, 2014
- May 3 SciaccaI slept the best last night - kept my fleece jacket on but it wasn't as cold.
Not to get too hung up on Costco but I was thinking about their great price on Fage yogurt as I bought it here Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 12, 2014
- Weekend in FlorenceWe have enjoyed lovely spring weather in the city of the Medici and have wasted no time in getting out and about. First port of call was the massive Pitti Palace which is just behind our apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/56D85AD5 Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 11, 2014
- Day 8The day in Venice. Home of the Doges Palace, Gondolas and masques! We have to take a local driver to the vaporetti drop off and the cost to enter Venice island is 390 euro because the bus is deemed to Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 12, 2014
- Day 7Well this has been a day of surprises. We wake up to gloomy and rain and then once the bus starts rolling beautiful sunshine begins. Enroute to Venice we are pleasantly surprised by a stop on Lake Garda in the Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Allen's afternoon 10 May 2014 Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Rome 10 May 2014Today we walked towards the Tiber River, to see a suburb on the other side, called Trastavere. This suburb was recommended to us by the hotel concierge as very characteristic of the “real Rome”. I think it must Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- May 2 Let Loose in SicilyI froze last night.
I wore my long sleeze swim shirt under my t-shirt plus my fleece jacket and 5 blankets.
This is supposed to be warm spring in the Med.
Nice hot shower at 7.
Lucky for me since repairs were being done Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 10, 2014
- May 1 Licata to Catonia and BackBecky and I had to get up at 6:30 so we could get back to Catania to return the rental car.
Long story short - Becky and Vic took a bus from Licata to Catania, rented a car, picked us up Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 10, 2014
- April 30 Catania to Siracusa to Caltagirone to LigataTime to pack up and move on.
The Costco supply was replaced with Becky's wine supply.
Tried to get breakfast at the bakery downstairs.
Nothing in the case for the 2nd day in a row - must be a front for some Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 10, 2014
- Taormina, Sicily (Italy)We docked today on the east coast of Sicily, close to Mount Etna, which is the largest active volcano in Europe, currently standing 3329 metres high! Interesting that the mountain is now 21 metres lower than it was is 1981. Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | May 10, 2014
- April 29 CataniaApril 29 Catania
Force myself up.
I think I need a day to sleep, maybe when we get back to the boat in Licata.
We decide to walk to old town along the water
Becky brings her mobile hot spot and ipad for google Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 10, 2014
- Civitavechia, Italy Civitaveccia is known as the `Gateway to Rome`, it is a small town close to the harbour and looks like a scene straight from a movie.
We were advised not to try and go to Rome today. For two reasons Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | May 10, 2014
- A Room with a View....As you might have guessed, we have now lobbed into Florence and, regrettably, like Lucy Honeychurch, our lodgings do not have the remotest of views of the Duomo or the terracotta rooftops of this Tuscan town. This is as good Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Day Thirty-nine - Rome, ItalyWe decided to treat today as a "day at sea, " and enjoy a leisurely day as we prepare to head home.
We checked out of the Cavaliere Hilton just before noon. This is such a luxurious hotel, and we Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | May 9, 2014
- Rome 9 May 2014What a fantastic sunny day we have had, exploring Ancient Rome, and some other sights.
We started with the Coliseum, where our internet tickets did the trick and we skipped the queue. Amazing to be in the ruins of this Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Florence and friendske up late this morning and I had a train to catch. I also slept in and had to pay the fine for not checking out on time but made it barely. I went into the bar and ordered the Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- Rome 8 May 2014We travelled to Rome today on another fast train. We saw some of the countryside but also quite a lot of tunnels. Our ears really pop going through those tunnels at high speed!
We got to Rome in the Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 8, 2014
- The vatican and last night in RomeI had a mission today to buy a pendant from the vatican. I went to the bar to get the usual breakfast with irish coffee and saw the girl from france their. Her name is Salomé. She was a sweet Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- Chuck Norris shot and partying.I woke up starving and walked into the Yellow bar for breakfast. The breakfast here is the best bang for your buck and Irish coffee is great to wake up too. While eating I overheard a guy talking about dress Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- Rome and star warsToday was supposed to be a sightseeing day but the tour didn't have enough people to start. So I ended wandering I the palentino and the Roman forum. To think that hundreds of years ago people lived in such Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014