- Change of plansWell after a pause yesterday we opted against the intensity of Florence today. It would have been great but a lot to see and with hot weather and rain forecast we went a bit more local instead. Everyone Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 12, 2016
- Day 9 Parma food tourFood tour of Parma Reggio Emilia area. Produce in this region has had official protection of their methods called POD. Similar to champagne only being used to describe wine made in a part of France, here Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 7 Lake Como to ParmaFerry + train + train. So some time to comment on the little things we notice.
Smoking. Oh dear, so many people smoke. It's not banned from restaurants, so sitting at the outside tables leave you at the mercy of whoever Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 9, 2016
- Lucca rest dayGreetings today was a rest day (and one much needed). We did the domestic things but also managed a 3 hour stroll around the town, partly on the wall and ret through cobbled streets. We can't do gelato Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 11, 2016
- RomaGreetings from some tired but happy travellers. Yesterday we managed 3 hours in two trains to get to Rome and 3 hours home at the end of the day. We were blessed with good weather (except the rain Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 8 ParmaThe odds are forever in our favour. Parma is part of an amazingly food region of Italy and as we arrived they are starting a 3 day Food festival called Gola Gola. Great, since we are here for the food. Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 10, 2016
- PisaGreetings. Today we got ourselves decidedly wet as we got caught in a storm in Pisa. Of course jumpers, umbrellas and raincoats were in Lucca as we were hoping the rain chance wouldn't eventuate ( and we just missed Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 9, 2016
- Day 6 MenaggioA morning stroll to a small fishing village on the other side of the Bellagio peninsular. So picturesque.
There's something very relaxing about ferry travel. The timetables tell you what time t Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 9, 2016
- LuccaGreetings we have made our home for the next 5 nights in a gorgeous apartment (yes again up 4 flights of stairs but these ones are large and wide). The apartment is nice and big, with room to spread Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 8, 2016
- Cinque TerreHello. For those who wait with greatest anticipation for updates, my apologies as the Internet we were promised in Cinque Terre didn't eventuate.
What a lovely couple of days we had. The accommodation did warn us it was at Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 8, 2016
- Day 5 Bellagio and around Lake ComoThe ferries that run between towns on Lake Como make it very easy to get around. First stop this morning was to Lenno where we walked to Villa Balbianello. Villa is a term the Italians use to describe a grand Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 8, 2016
- Day 4 Lake Como - staying at town of BellagioDay 4. A day of transport. We've been on underground trains, a bus, overground train, a ferry and a funicular. We travelled from Milan to Como and across Lake Como to Bellagio. Haven't seen George Clooney or any celebrities yet. Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 6, 2016
- Italy, EuropeThe flight from New Delhi to Bologna, Italy cost CAD$1, 781 for a 10hr and 50min flight with 1 stop at Frankfurt on Air Lufthansa. The drive from the airport to the hotel in Verona was 1hr 40min. I stayed Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 6, 2016
- Day Three in Milan. The Last Supper and Sforza CastleDay 3 in Milan. Highlight was seeing Da Vinci's famous fresco The Last Supper. Now restored and protected by limited entry, humidity control and air purification. Which meant we were part of a small group gazing undisturbed on the masterpiece Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 5, 2016
- Arrival in ItalyWith heavy hearts we left Lauterbrunnen- the campsite would have been a perfect home for 5 days or more, but sadly we weren't to know this when we booked, so our wonderful but brief introduction to Switzerland came to an Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 5, 2016
- Day in MilanIt's been 24 hours in Milan and boy have we seen a lot (and walked a long way). The main aim today was to see the Milan duomo (cathedral). There was a massive queue to pass thru security at the Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 4, 2016
- First night in MilanMilan put on a lightning show and heavy rain for us just after we arrived at our hotel.. Quite a large downpour. But at least not as bad as the flooding in Paris.
First glimpse of the massive Milan cathedral, the Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 3, 2016
- Travel to MilanWe left Melbourne in a pea soup fog and single digit temperatures. Then found the plane was almost as cold! Apart from that, a very good plane trip of 15 hours. We left at 11 pm Thursday night and we Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 3, 2016
- Mama Mia! Here we go again...Taking advantage of our current unemployment, we have taken a quick trip before Laura starts work. We took off on our first ever Ryanair flight to see five cities (plus three day trips to towns) in only eight days in Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Jun 3, 2016
Today I have landed in the beautiful country of Italy! It is very different this time around because I am actually attending a festival with my dance group here and I am so excited! There is so much fun filled Posted by cameronxmoreno in My Dream Vacation Around the World | Jun 2, 2016
- Day 7 Farewell to FirenzeHave we really been here a week already? In the past seven days we have had so many memorable experiences that I'm glad this blog will help keep them all straight. Our stay here in Tuscany will be hard to Posted by Z's en_route in Arrivederci | Jun 1, 2016
- Milan videosFirst a bit of dancing and doof doof before the game and second, rubber necking in the Galleria. This post of vids is a simple test. If they are ok we may post more and hopefully better. Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 30, 2016
- Brescia and MilanEnzo Ferrai on cars etc.
[i]"To build a car… that flies without leaving the ground…"
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
"I married the 12 cylinder engine and I never divorced it."
On the Mille Miglia: "It is the r Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 30, 2016
- At last, out for a 'relaxing' drive 🚗 ⛰It was a leisurely start today. Jill took a couple of interesting photos from our balcony. The two swans and their six cygnets are around our area a bit.
[img=h Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 27, 2016
- Getting to Lezzeno on Lake ComoWhy famous you ask? Well I remember it from school geography lessons and it sure is a big river. Famous because its at the heart of the brilliantly productive plains of Lombardy. Here lies the key as to why Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 27, 2016