- The last get-togetherAnother year in Italy draws to a close. We had our last gourmet dinner with the students. Goodbye to more dear friends and wonderful experiences.
[img Posted by Brichkline in Off To Italy II | Sep 11, 2013
- Back to BolzanoAs I said last year, I had to head back to Bolzano. This year, M and I took the long Easter weekend to go to Bolzano. As it turned out, most of the faculty had the same destination Posted by Brichkline in Off To Italy II | Sep 11, 2013
- Lovely SienaSiena is a place we were excited to go to but didn't really know much about. We got there in the evening and went out for a walk in the historic part of the city. Even though most places were Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 10, 2013
- Rome - Italy Hi All
This could well be my last blog as we are off to Dubai after this for some rest, relaxation and recovery.
Arrived in Rome on Friday afternoon and was picked up and taken to our hotel which is about Posted by Chappeltravels in Europe Trip | Sep 10, 2013
- A Day Of Firsts!9th September 2013
I am writing this on the plane. It has so far been a smooth journey and we have about 3 hours to go. I hope it continues this well.
This morning we decide to set the alarm for 6am Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 10, 2013
- Venice ReportCities are a funny thing. I thought I'd love Rome - but it didn't make quite the impression I thought. Venice, on the other hand, I adore. It's beautiful, romantic , decrepit ; and with the Biennale in town also, Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 9, 2013
- FlorenceOh dear I have been slack and now need to remember 3 days back! We arrived in Florence and our accommodation was only a short walk from the station which made things easy. The apartment is lovely - Posted by webb in Webb holiday | Sep 8, 2013
- Tuscan Tour Continues in Pienza & San GimignamoDriving through Tuscany has been stunning so far. Our next stop was Pienza, a tiny town with basically one or two streets of shops and restaurants.After taking in the views of the countryside and walking through the town, we were Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 6, 2013
- Sore Calves in MontepulcianoMontepulciano was definitely a far cry from the busy streets of Rome. We got there in the early afternoon and right away we were met with what small Tuscan towns are known for - hilly streets. We had trouble finding Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 6, 2013
- The chaos that is Rome[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/607890/4A5E105A2219AC68172E17 Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 6, 2013
- Day 1 in Roma [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/607890/90_IMG_1840.j Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 5, 2013
- The joys of international flight ! to be continued About to board again ! Have to tell all later Posted by Mooki66 in The Adventures of Mooki, Pa and Lara | Sep 5, 2013
- Gladiators and Spaghetti - RomaThis year's trip is a little less out there than the last few (China, India, SE Asia) but since one of us is in less than optimal physical condition (5 months pregnant...I guess you've figured out it's not George) we Posted by jgjourney in wandering newlyweds | Sep 3, 2013
- Detaching From That Truck That Must Have Hit UsWell we solved the problem of TFB -that nasty bridge in Venice by hiring a porter to wheel our bags on his brilliant little trolley! Worth every one of the E20.
But i get ahead of myself.
To all of you Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 2, 2013
- BENVENUTI A ROMA!Drinking culture. Yes I’m going to talk about alcohol. Starting as soon as I boarded Lufthansa Airlines, I was given the opportunity to consume an alcoholic beverage. No, I did not purchase any, but I was amazed at the fact Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Sep 2, 2013
- Rome Day 4 - September 1stAnother very short day today. My sister and I woke up at around 9:45, but we ended up going out the door at 12. We did some shopping (oh boy) for about an hour, came back to the room then Posted by adventureguyben in Europe Trip 2013 | Sep 1, 2013
- Venice Its Been A Few days because our Internet connection in Venice was shocking! I see from comments on their website that I am not the only one who has had problems.
We loved the train trip from Vienna to Posted by webb in Webb holiday | Sep 1, 2013
- Rome Day 2 - August 30thWhat a surprisingly short day, yet we saw SO MUCH! We started out around 11, after eating breakfast, had lunch at 4, and ate dinner at 9. But in between, we did a bit more than that. :) We left Posted by adventureguyben in Europe Trip 2013 | Aug 30, 2013
- Oz Is A Bloody Long Way AwayI'd been too smug! On the morning we were leaving, I'd been mentally applauding how well organized we were and how well that proved that all those lists were worth it!
However, our timely departure from home was faintly 'marred' Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Aug 30, 2013
- Mary's quick Italian guideMary’s guide to roaming rome☺
Firstly get yourself a guide book, even if you just borrow one from the library, make sure that it divides Rome into areas or neighborhoods… this will make it easier to see everything. I would Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 30, 2013
- Rome Day 1 - August 29thWe arrived in Rome today! Paris was awesome, and I hope Rome is even better. Did you know that the Coliseum was finished in the year 80 AD? That's almost 2000 years ago! And we are going to see it! Posted by adventureguyben in Europe Trip 2013 | Aug 29, 2013
- Roaming through Rome
'Rome is the city of echoes, the city of illusions, and the city of yearning.
Giotto di Bondone'
This was to be our first solo trip together. We had both travelled previously but it was always within the comforts of pre-packaged tour Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 26, 2013
- What is a bule?I am a bule. This is how they call foreigners in Indonesia. At first, I titled this blog "saya suka nasi goreng", which means "I like fried rice": I was proud to have learnt this sentence, but then I Posted by anjacartomante in Life of a bule | Aug 25, 2013
- City life: Bolzano[i]Capital city of the province of South Tyrol, ranking the top spot for the best quality of life in Italy and home to Otzi the Ice Man; Bolzano creates a lot of intrigue to say the least. Only an hour Posted by Digglet in Italian Dolomites | Aug 24, 2013
- Things Fall ApartI guess it can't be all smooth travels but I wouldn't have thought we would hit some bumps here. On one of our walks, my iPad and bottle of water chose to mate with disastrous results. My iPad Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Aug 23, 2013