- RAUTH to MAREBBE-ENNEBERGAchievement day - more on that later !!
Last night we were transported by mini-bus to Hotel Mondschein for dinner. After so much time on the bikes being in a motor vehicle, with Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- Pompeii and the Pearl that is Assisi
The kids enjoy the view from atop a tower in Assisi's castle, Rocca Maggiore
[b][center]Day 4: Pompeii[/center] Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 17, 2015
- Venice: day 3Yesterday, I went on a guided tour of St Mark's Basilica. It's so beautiful inside. The roof is covered in religious mosaics from the Byzantine era and gilded with gold leaf.
St Mark was an important religious figure who wrote one Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 17, 2015
- Bell'Italia: Leading Students on an Educational Tour
Rome's most famous site, the Colosseum
Despite this being my fourth visit to Italy, it was a first in a number Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 16, 2015
- BORMIO to RAUTH - JUNE 16thLeaving Hotel Silene in Bormio was a lot like farewelling family, Nonna was in the corner chatting with her friends pausing to give me a fold farewell in Italian - no idea what she said but it sounded lovely. Alba Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 16, 2015
- Europe 2015 - Lake Como, ItalyAs I draft this entry, I am relaxing in our really homey B&B, enjoying a glass of chianti and an Italian drama on TV. I'm feeling buzzed on a single glass of the wine and just checked the alcohol content Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 16, 2015
- Venice: day 2Yesterday, I went on a gondola ride, wandered the lanes of Venice, took lots of pictures of nice architecture, and contemplated this dying city.
Considering that I flew all the way from Australia, I'm surprised how quickly I adjusted to Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 17, 2015
- BORMIO - JUNE 15thToday was a BFD (Bike Free Day) badly in need of a break we took the day off and just wandered around the beautiful historic village of Bormio.
If you don't want to see tourist photos - look away now !!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_ Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- Agriturismo Val della Pieve Upon leaving Florence, we made our way to the agriturismo. An agriturismo is a working farm that doubles as a bed and breakfast. It is a way for small farms to receive a source of income in addition to the Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Jun 15, 2015
- Martina Franca and back -Part 2[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/737439/B19622EC94EA22D15218A43629 Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jun 15, 2015
- Half the world awayHi all.
I'm in Venice now. Sorry for not updating you sooner; my internet took a while to set up. Please contact me on the overseas number now.
I left Melbourne at around 6 pm on Saturday 13th June and flew Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 15, 2015
- Day 22 – 8 June (Monday)I got up early and watched the clouds playing on the surrounding mountains. It is the first time I really understood the expression “clouds playing on the mountains”. That is what it seemed like – the clouds were changing their Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 14, 2015
- Cinque Terra[img=http://p Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Day 22, Saturday, June 13, 2015 Hop On/Off TourSaturday morning we slept in because breakfast here is served from 7-11am. The breakfast buffet was excellent, one of the best we have had, including Prosecco for mimosas if one so desired…aw what the heck, we’re on vacation.
After breakfast Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- BORMIO - JUNE 14thUp into the mountains again today, more twisty hair-pin bends, 18 of them, winding back almost on top of each other.
"Riding looking at our own backside sometimes" to quote our Canadian friend from yesterday.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5768 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- LANDECK TO BORMIO (ITALY) JUNE 9 to 13thI have not done a blog for a few days as I was a "basket case" . I have recovered now and we are back on our journey.
We left Landeck yesterday morning in sunshine, our first stop was Lago Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Day 21, Friday, June 12, 2015 On To TaorminaHappy to say that I was wrong about the Dubs being done. Kerr does it again, starting Iguodala in place of Bogut who has done nothing in this series. Beating the Cavs by 20 on the road is Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Europe 2015 - Merano, ItalyNice travel day yesterday thru the German, Austrian, and Italian Alps. The one person sitting across from us on the train is from (you guessed it) MN! It never ceases to surprise me just how small the world is.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5625 Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 20, Thursday, June 11, 2015 Siracusa and OrtigiaOur last day in Ragusa and we were both interested in visiting the ancient city of Siracusa and the equally ancient island next to it, Ortigia. Kate the Navigator told us it was an hour and a half drive Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 12, 2015
- Day 19, Wednesday, June 10, 2015 MARINA DE RAGUSAToday is the 48th anniversary of the day I met my beautiful wife at Kip's in Berkeley!
Turns out that Margaret did not like sleeping in our trippy room and we asked the concierge if we could make a change. Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 11, 2015
- Venice, ItalyDay 1: Rome – Florence (L)
Leave Rome by train and travel north out of the Lazio region into the rolling hills of Tuscany. My destination is the Tuscan capital of Florence -- the city considered as the birthplace of the Posted by Josip98 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 11, 2015
- Day 18, Tuesday, June 9, 2015 To RagusaOur final breakfast at Villa Athena was wonderful and it was sad to leave this magical place. It has been truly a five star experience...even more stars warranted. Our plan was to divert our next stop inland to Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 10, 2015
- Rome and Florence[img=http: Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 17, Monday, June 8, 2015 AGRIGENTO ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUMI forgot to mention that the breakfast room at the hotel has a glass bottom floor when you walk in, and you look down upon some ruins that date back to the 6th century BC. For three days, I Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 21 – 7 June (Sunday)We had another crowded breakfast as the bus which came on Wednesday was still here. But there was plenty to eat and the coffee was very nice (Andrew may have a different opinion about the coffee). Andrew wanted to hire Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 9, 2015