- Monte CroceWoke up in time for breakfast at 7.30am and yet another day with sun had been promised, at least down here in Champoluc, in Ayas Valley. It looked less promising at high altitude and that mountain peak we would climb Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 27, 2015
- Lago PerrinWoke up yet again to a clear morning and just in time for breakfast at 7.30am the sunshine managed to conquer the alpine peaks and illuminate Ayas Valley. I was supposed to go to Aosta today and spend the day Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 26, 2015
- Lago BluIt was forecasted to be great weather today and as promised I woke up to a clear blue sky, even though the sun hadn’t made it over the mountain peaks yet. But in time for breakfast at 7.30am the first Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 25, 2015
- La MandriaWoke up to yet another cloudy and chilly morning at Hotel Relais des Glaciers in Champoluc. The clouds were really heavy and lay like a cap over the Ayas Valley this morning. Breakfast was served at 7.30am and the morning Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 24, 2015
- Ru CourtodWoke up after a night in a way to soft, worn down and uncomfortable bed (for my back) – ow, ow, ow. But my back straightened out soon after I got out of bed. Drew away the window curtains and Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 23, 2015
- Ciao ItaliaComfy as I’ve gotten through the years, I had booked one night (Friday – Saturday) at Radisson Blu Sky City (Arlanda) and also due to the unreliable Swedish railways (SJ) that you nowadays can’t trust getting you to Stockholm-Arlanda Airport Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 22, 2015
- Chocolate Churros and Motorway MadnessThree days have gone by since we last blogged. Thanks for your comments thus far and we'll do our best to cover all that's come to pass in this.......
Leaving Montaione we opted to stop at just one place on Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 11, 2016
- Day 24 - 26JT has had a few of great days skiing with Howard Symes (from Wellington). They did the Marmolada Glacier yesterday, having done the Sella Ronda the day before (this is a 40km trip)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/20160208_144925000_iOS.jpg Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 10, 2016
- BootsWe arived back from our day's journeying to a warm house. Finally we've worked out how to heat the place properly so we're not wearing more inside than when we go out! And so we relax....The table is Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- WierdSponge Bob Square Pant's giant effigy loomed large in the narrow, high walled alleyway. Suddenly he bowed precariously, stumbled and fell, narrowly missing Patrick the pink star fish in his decent.
Mufasa, Lion King, followed up in the rear roaring Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 22-23So the meal prepared by Alex was venison ragù served over linguine, followed by tiramisu. It was a great last night for us with the rest of the tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/90_20160205_Chef_Alex.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 7, 2016
- Last SupperLayday today. We all chose to kick back and write, read, snooze, do whatever. Jordy had movie scenes in his head and in the afternoon had Harry and I running through the streets of Montaione shooting Gopro film. Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016
- TransitionsWe arose early enough to pack and allow for a hearty breakfast at Mario's place. "We leave today Mario", "No! Where you go to, where you come from?", "Si, where in a Australia?", "Brisbane No! I go there Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016
- Yesterday (4/2)We awoke at a civil hour and opened the shutters to a glorious day and the calls of builders across the street. At home I’d probably be annoyed, at the disturbance. Here the Italian voices were musical to Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 5, 2016
- Day 19-21It’s been snowing – everyone is very excited as it’s the first fresh snow since around the 12th January! The countryside has changed and the last two days have been what the locals call “blue and white” days! Equates to Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 5, 2016
- PathwaysI think we’ve reached that comfortable place in a vacation, where there’s a steady routine. Not a fixed routine but a travelling one like I imagine it might be for Bedouins or such like; we have collective memories Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 3, 2016
- Day 17-18Well, that certainly wasn’t how I’d thought we’d spend the day! Started out with a change of plan due to wind closing the Marmolada Glacier, bummer. But the guides decided we could do some of the Sella Ronda, so off Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 2, 2016
- Rome & FlorenceHello!
I know, I'm terrible. Good internet is a struggle to find. I'm now in Switzerland, which apparently has excellent Internet, so here's the update:
Rome is incredible. As I think I mentioned before, I'm going to go live there. Although that Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 1, 2016
- What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours.....Well! What a day! They day broke clear and bright and by mid morning there were more in T-shirts than jackets. We breakfasted on foccacia and coffee and headed immediately to Duomo. That's me. From Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 1, 2016
- Feed the man meat....and a little red wineIt was wet today, and dark. A perfect day for museum hopping! That said, the wet cobbles gave off a beautiful sheen that picked up the cafe lights in the evening and gave everything a warm glow.
We went Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 31, 2016
- Day 15-16So nothing happens quickly in Italy – be ready for a 10.30am pick up means you might be on the transfer at 11.15am. Then a departure from the airport bus depot at 12noon – yes, you’ve guessed it try 1pm!!!!! Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 31, 2016
- Florence. Wow!I understand , I think, Joy, why you named Florence your favourite city. We've been here not five minutes and I'm ready to immigrate - just gorgeous.
We trained it from Rome to Florence on the fast train arriving around Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 30, 2016
- Day 13-14Early start to the day, and a quick flight and we’re in Venice. Unbelievable really – check out the floor of the baggage hall in Venice Marco Polo airport! Stunning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/20160128_100752.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 29, 2016
My visit to the floating city was a great success! We took a water taxi into the city in the morning, as our hotel was on the mainland, and immediately began a walking tour from Piazza San Marco. Our tour Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 28, 2016
- When in RomeVery early start .....up at 3:30am to take on the Ryanair challenge. As it turned out, Ryanair were brilliant but the airport services (fuel etc) were a little difficult to locate. At the servo, a high pitch squeel Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 27, 2016