- Saturday was our last full day in RomeIt was our last full day in Rome and we had a “Skip the Queue” guided tour of the Vatican and St Peters booked.
We were up early and went down to the local taxi stand and got a taxi to Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 16, 2014
- Ferrara in Bici!Mi dispiace per il mio silenzio. Occupavo con il mio compito e anche ho fatto i giri in compagne lo scorso fine settimana. Settimana scorsa la mia amica Lynne da Sydney mi ha offerto a fare un giro in Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 16, 2014
- Italy days 1-4We tacked on a brief interlude in Italy on the return from Corsica because...
a) once upon a time, we both spoke a bit of Italian; we thought it could be fun to try brushing up
b) it was less expensive to Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 16, 2014
- Friday we went to PompeiiAt 5:30am we got up and started getting ready for our 13 hour tour of Pompeii!
Pompeii was on my top 5, I couldn’t wait to get onto the bus and start our big day ahead.
When we got on the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 16, 2014
- Arezzo- day 4I learned a couple things today. First even though one has a eurail pass one must have it stamped. Fortunately I saw someone put their ticket in a machine and asked what they were doing. I found Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 102 - To RomaOff to Rome today!!
That was our last night in a tent - hurray! We are all a bit tired, and Rowan and Taran have colds, Taran ulcers too. But we are all happy, and have not minded the adventure. Rowan Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 101 - FollonicaDay 101 - Follinica
Sun is shining today, we have planned to visit Follinica - 30 mins away - to sort some more internet data while in Italy. (The irony is that the store we visited didn't have any internet so Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 100 - RainApparently this is the worst summer they have had in Italy for some years. It never rains. Well, it rained again today for most of the day. We were all hunkered down in the tent, reading, eating, sorting travel plans Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 99 - Firenze (Day 2)Today we awoke to an overcast and cold day not being sure how it was going to turn out, so we planned accordingly to cover the bases for rain and sun. As it turned out it was going to be Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Siena - A fantastic medieval citySeptember 12,2014
Trying new things, expanding one's experiences is an adventure to me. It is not always completely comfortable at first, and can even create some anxiety. The benefit is the great satisfaction of completing what one set out Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 98 - Quiet DayNothing much to tell about today. We slept in, went to Donoratico for groceries, put a load of washing on...etc etc. Frank came around for a chat. We had offered to help him out on his busy day during the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 13Today we did a coach tour to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius through City Wonder Tours (this tour and the Tuscany Wine tour were booked through our travel agent; the Vatican City tour through the USO we booked ourselves via the Posted by 30daysineurope in 30 Days in Europe | Sep 14, 2014
- Getting StartedHow I had wish I had more time to get ready for this trip. Having moved into a rental just a few months ago I cannot find my camera, many of my travel items and of course the jacket Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 14, 2014
Wow we have arrived and Venice looks beautiful - a unique city built on water💦💧. Have uploaded heaps of photos so be sure to check them out.📷📷📷📷📹📹📹
We arri Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 12, 2014
- Thurdsay - the ancient sites of RomeOur first full day in Rome...how exciting. We were up early and ready for our two tours for the day...one in the morning to the Colosseum and Roman Forum the other in the afternoon seeing the main sights in the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 13, 2014
- Wednesday was our final day in FlorenceWe awoke early. Florence had decided to show its anger at our eminent departure with a VERY localised and spectacular Lightening and Thunder show. The Roman gods must have been very upset we were leaving, and let us know about Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 12, 2014
- Tuesday and we headed to Venice for the dayWe had a full day ahead of us. We were taking a 2 hour train trip to Venice, to do a tour, and return.
We made our lunch, and we were out the door by just before 9.00, and walked to Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 11, 2014
- Monday and we did a half day tour of FlorenceWe were up and keen to get into exploring Florence proper. We had a guided tour of Florence booked as seen through the eyes of Dan Brown’s novel Inferno, which in turn was partly inspired by Dante’s poem, The Divine Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 11, 2014
- L'AperitivoThe Italiani have a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the day - with an aperitivo. Go straight from work to a multitude of offerings of drinks and snacks. Monday night was aperitivo night at the school so off Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice day twooday is the day to shop......alone!!
Breakfast is just lively on the terrace at the front of the hotel on the canal. A great spread and lovely service.......although a little slow.....they all work on Venice time.....
Alura..........we head off Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice, Venice, Venice We get ready and go to Michaels club for breakfast and tea before being ushered off the ship. We say our goodbyes to the staff who have been fabulous.
We are picked up from the ship and walked Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Sunday we wandered the streets of FlorenceSunday
On Sunday morning we woke up with no food in the house. Dad set off to find a grocery store. An hour later he returned empty handed – like one of his many fishing trips. It turned out that no Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 10, 2014
- Cruising in to VeniceAnother lovely breakfast in Blu just before they close. After brekky as we start to enter Venetian waters and sit looking through the large picture windows Stoiny is walking around doing something........next thing I know he comes out of Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 10, 2014
- ItalyWe decided for our last full day in Cinque Terre that we would go to La Spezia for the day. Being a Sunday it was pretty quite, so we opted to go to the maritime museum. There was a lot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- Garda & BormioLeft Verona in glorious sunshine and 20 degrees, keeping off the motorway we get stuck in horrendous traffic, the temp is on the way into the mid 20's. On to Garda and join the northbound coast road, taking a turn Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 10, 2014