- 19th and 20th July - Florence and Rome (Italy)Friday 19th July – Florence to Rome (Italy)
We were up early to go on a walking tour around Florence. More old buildings to see! We visited a few of the sights, including Duomo Cathedral, Baptistry (which is renowned Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Jul 20, 2013
- A cooking class in the country....Sally met us at the Fara Sabina train station, which is an hour out of Rome, for the start of our cooking adventure. She drove us up into the hills to Toffia where she lives with her husband Guido, Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 18, 2013
- "Oh Sicilia, you're breaking my heart ..."
With school finished for the girls (Jun 21), and a decision made to return to Australia in late September, we now had just under three months to look forward to before confronting the wor Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jul 17, 2013
- Venice ItalySpent the whole day in Venice today. Did the Doge's Palace Secret Itinerary tour which took us to the administrative, working area of the palace to see where Casanova was jailed and escaped. We learnt a lot about the history Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 17, 2013
- Venice - PaduaGot up early this morning and took the 50 minute train to Padova - an important city of art in Italy. First stop was the Padova University for a tour. I read a book last year that was Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 17, 2013
- Where in Rome.....
After taking many wrong turns, buying a good map, and walking two extra hours, we finally found San Giovanni in Lateranno, the mother church. The best thing we c Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 17, 2013
- Our first night in Rome
After settling into our apartment, having gelato, getting some groceries and a little snack, we were off to explore Rome on Sunday night. We had no plan but ende Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 16, 2013
- Where We Ate: MilanPizza Big
This place is in the same neighborhood as the apartment where we stayed and was recommended by our landlord. The pizzas here are great, with super thin crusts and a good variety of toppings.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/392903/DSC00 Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jul 15, 2013
- Falzarego TowerWhen an opportunity arises, I'm hardly the kind of person to turn it down.
SO! When I was casually asked to go for a climb during my afternoon off, of course I jumped at the chance - anything for a bit Posted by Digglet in Italian Dolomites | Jul 15, 2013
- Anchors Aweigh"Mama Mia, here we go again."- ABBA
After a week in Italy, we are off to another country. Our main goal for this trip was to arrive in Venice by noon on July 13 to depart on our weeklong Greek cruise. Posted by lsto90 in EUROnly Young Once | Jul 15, 2013
- ITALY Part Quattro
Sicily was always on the top of our list, we knew we couldn’t do the whole of Sicily so we decided to concentrate on the east coast and do it well.
We based ourselves in Ca Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jul 14, 2013
- A Taste of Bologna On Friday night we went to an open air dining experience. Kind of like a picnic in the street. Tables are set up in the street and you can purchase food, including assorted meat & cheese, fresh Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 14, 2013
- Bike tour day 6Last day of bike tour today. A giro biggie today - from Cortina to Alleghe via Passo Giau. I felt strong today after my day off the bike yesterday. I really enjoyed the climb which was about 17km from Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- Just like the Venetian in Vegas"Cause this fine ole world, it keeps spinning around."-Frank Sinatra
After a few days in Tuscany, we headed to the Veneto region in the northeast part of Italy. First, we visited Verona followed by Venice.
Verona is 1.5 hours from Florence; Posted by lsto90 in EUROnly Young Once | Jul 14, 2013
- Bike tour Day 5Still in Cortina today, host of the 1956 winter Olympics. I decided to have a day off the bike today. I caught the cable car up to Rifugio Col Druscie on the cable car and then walked down on the Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- Bike tour Day 4Another day on the bike today. Selected the Cortina route for my ride today with a chairlift and walk at Cinque Torri. Left Cortina and started climb up Passo Valparola (2168m) after a warm up of 4.8km. It Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- Bike tour Day 3The famous Stella Ronda was on the schedule for today. It is an epic one day ride that is done on the Giro Italia and has many thousands of amateur cyclists taking on the challenge. It is 4900 Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- DAY 3In the morning, there was the gorgeous Lucio! We were up and at it thanks to the Lucio alarm clock - no time for jetlag! Lucio is beautiful; now 17 months old - saying a few English words, but always Posted by kwoolfe in Europe 2013 | Jun 23, 2013
- DAY 2Started the day with a breakfast to rival dinner - another great buffet including my fav asian breakfast, congee - a rice porridge, this one a seafood version, to which you add condiments like mushrooms, seaweed, chopped shallots & soy Posted by kwoolfe in Europe 2013 | Jun 22, 2013
- Everything tastes better with parmigiano reggiano!!We had a fabulous Friday with Italian Days Tour and a wonderful group of people from Moscow, Melbourne, Berlin and the states. Alessandro was our tour guide.
Aless Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 13, 2013
- This is what dreams are made of..."Hey now, this is what dreams are made of." -Lizzie McGurie
Referring to the above line from my tween idol, Lizzie McGuire (Also known as L to the Izzie. Mc to the Guire), I am not sure what "this" is, Posted by lsto90 in EUROnly Young Once | Jul 11, 2013
- Where are all the tourists?Florence, Firenze in Italian, is a beautiful city with the most incredible duomo called Cattedrale di S Maria del Fore. How intricate and beautiful it is from the outside is an understatement. The inside is simpler with the Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 11, 2013
- Bike tour Day 2Was worried how I would feel when I woke up this morning but leg ok so far. The first part of the ride today was flat to slightly down hill. At the 8km mark, Jeff took off and Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- A taste of ItalySue's Visit
It was with great excitement that I saw Sue’s smiling and enthusiastic face at Bologna Airport in May. It was lovely to catch-up on all the Sydney news after a year away.
An action-packed week was planned with a Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jul 11, 2013
- Mountain hut experienceWhislt in the UK it is very difficult to wild camp away from the hustle and bustle, here in the Dolomites it is possible to escape for the night to enjoy a very unique experience.
The Col Di Lana, standing Posted by Digglet in Italian Dolomites | Jul 11, 2013