- PaestumAfter planning our itinerary for the next five days based here at Sorrento, we decided today we'd drive south and visit Paestum and Salerno. Paestum is a preserved town full of Ancient Greek ruins, the Greeks inhabited that area at Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 13, 2016
- James in Tuscany
Our swimming pool did go green.
We did ride on the wall.
I was too cold to swim in the river.
We did do naked swimming because of the doctor. Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Ben in TuscanyTuscany is amazing. There is some really fun stuff around, like castles and big walls that you can ride a bike on top of the actual wall.
You can swim in rivers but the water was very cold, so I Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Ben at Rome
In Rome I went to the colosseum. It is where gladiators used to fight.
We saw lots of taps, they are called big noses. They work by aqueducts and they are always running.
We ate gelato every day.
We went to a Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 13, 2016
- Galileo, the Renaissance and the Ponte VecchioWhilst I received a text informing me that my bag had been found, phew, I was not reunited with it until a day and a half later. But, we're in Florence with the Renaissance on our front door step! Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 12, 2016
- How many pasta varieties are there in ItalyHow many types of Pasta are there, here are 11 to start with.
In case you hadn’t noticed, Italians take pasta very seriously. There are dozens of varieties - it's much more than just spaghetti and fusili - and menus can Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Jul 12, 2016
- Tuscany to SorrentoAfter a whole week in the big villa in Tuscany, it was time for us and all the cousins and my brother etc to move onto our next destinations. 10 were headed for Rome, 9 to San Marino, 4 went Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 12, 2016
- FlorenceOur last full day in Tuscany so we got going early and drove back in to Florence as we hadn't seen all the major sights we had wanted to. Despite leaving home just after 8am by the time we drove Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 10, 2016
- Swiss Cheese DayAfter fuelling up the car the night before, packing and arranging an early breakfast at our Airport Hotel so we could drop the car off at the airport when the place opened at 7am for our 9am flight from Zagreb Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 9, 2016
- Tuscany - Arezzo and LaterinaWe decided to sleep in a little today, first thought was to go back to Florence to finish off the sights we didn't get to do on Tuesday. Vicky wanted to do laundry as it was our last chance here Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 9, 2016
- Harry in RomeWe went to the colosseum. Gladiators used to be there. Gladiators did fight there for entertainment. The emperor did put them underground and there were animals down there and the animals did kill them.
They played a game where gladiators Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jul 8, 2016
- Pisa - Volterra - San GimignanoToday was the most sightseeing in one day so far this holiday. We had a lot of miles to cover, we took of for Pisa just after 8am for the long drive. Pisa was almost two hours away from our Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 7, 2016
- FlorenceWe decided to wake up and try and get going by 8am so we could make the most of a full day in Florence. The city is about an hour or so away, certainly the most time consuming part are Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 7, 2016
- Tuscany - ArezzoToday was one of those days things just didn't go to plan. The rest of the gang here had planned to visit Siena today, and we were to go with them. Sadly that never occurred as Vicky was up from Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 6, 2016
- Gypsies, Tramps and ThievesIt all escalated quickly, he had captured my imagination and before long I was standing in an alleyway next to a MAC Cosmetics store in Milano having my palm read by a flamboyant Italian gypsy.
Sergio stopped as we were looking Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 5, 2016
- Tuscany - LaterinaOur first full day in the villa, situated in the township of Laterina. Wife and daughter commandeered the car today and went outlet shopping, so pretty much I was left to fend for myself. Not wanting to stay home I Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 5, 2016
- Desperately Seeking NonnaIn the 1850s my great, great grandfather decided that the rolling green orchards and vineyards of the valley near Sondrio, with the Swiss alps towering above was no longer the place he wanted or needed to call home. He packed Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 5, 2016
- Day 22: Florence, Italy by way of SienaWill and I were still sick, but the trip must go on so we boarded the bus to Florence. It took about 3 hours to get to Siena, although of course it should take much less time than that. We Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jul 4, 2016
- Days 20 & 21: Rome, ItalyDay 20:
Today we didn't have a scheduled tour, so in the morning Lucy, Steven, and the kids went to the National Rome Museum, near the main train station. This museum houses many ancient artifacts, including a special exhibit that contains Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jul 4, 2016
- Venice - Padua - Bologna - Tuscany Time to hit the road after our two full days exploring Venice. We squeezed back into our car and headed off to the town of Padua which was only 30 minutes away. Padua has Italy's second oldest university and there Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 4, 2016
- Venice (Murano and Burano)The plan for today was to visit some neighbouring islands and look around. We slept in a little given we had a late night, and after breakfast caught the bus back into Venice. Our first stop was to visit the Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 3, 2016
- VenicePart of our accommodation deal here in Marghera Included breakfast. Signori Lorenza put out a spread of cereal, pastries, fresh sliced cold meats, fresh bread and the coffee machine was well used. After a filling breakfast she gave us Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 3, 2016
- Milan, Verona, Venice Italy's border patrol is nowhere as strict as ours in Australia, all we did was have our passports stamped and we were out. No customs forms, entry cards etc to be completed. We met the girls at the car Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 2, 2016
- Day 19: Pompeii, ItalyWe got up at the crack of dawn to be on the bus by 7:30 so we could make the long, long trek to Pompeii. Apparently, at least with our tour company, the buses take about 1.5 times as long Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jul 2, 2016
- Como[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_8660.jpg thumb=h Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 28, 2015