- Tuscany - Chianti Region
After a successful GPS setting - well done mum!👩 We are Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 19, 2014
- Pompei - by DanyonPompeii is such a cool place. The guide, Rossana, taught us lots about the old ruined town. We learnt that the Romans had central heating in their homes and bath houses. In the morning, the servants boiled water over fires Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Pompei - by EvieWe got up relly urlly to go to Pompei. Our driver picked us up and we drove around the Amalfi Coast. It was very pretty. We ate lunch at Amalfi town. My favourite dish was Gnocci. After lunch we drove Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Day 106 - Vatican CityWe were up and out the door early; on the bus by 7.30am. The pre-booked tickets for the Vatican Musuem were for 9.30am, but we needed to allow time to get there and line up to exchange our vouchers Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Day 105 - RomeWe let Rowan sleep in, as he's got a bit of a cold. Later I went down to the pool area to get internet and finish yesterday's blog while he cooked some pizzas to take for a picnic dinner in Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- A day in Siena
🇮🇹We start out early on our road trip to Siena, Italy. 🇮🇹 a special thanks Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 18, 2014
- A Week in VeniceI can't believe I had to talk Jim into coming to Venice. Talk about a pig in mud. After nearly 8 quiet hours on the train from Vienna (6 seat carriage to ourselves) arriving in Venice was overwhelming. People, boats, Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 19, 2014
- Bicycling in UmbriaWe arrived at the train station in Arezzo to find our group. Fortunately there are only 8 people in our group and this is a smaller group for the Backroads team. We were very fortunate and we are Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 20, 2014
- It's the little things... (Sono le cose piccole...)It's funny what catches my eye as I wander through daily life in Bologna. There's an assortment of little things that stand out to me (probably for all the wrong reasons...), and so in no particular order here is the Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 17, 2014
- Milan to Cinque Terre[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/7E207DA6FC415AAA192F5D95900C7CF2.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 17, 2014
- Day 104 - RomeRome today!!
Up early, we made lunch and set off walking a short distance to the main road where the bus stop is. The traffic was insanely busy – so much so that a police officer was guiding traffic at the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- Day 103 - Camping FabulousDay 103 - Rome, Camping fabulous
Today we slept in. No noisy neighbours, no mice, four walls and a roof. All good for sleeping!
We caught up on washing and hung it all out and then walked down the road to the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- Frenzy in FirenzeThe more I look back on Florence, the more I love it. I was really looking forward to this second-to-last stop in our trip because this artistic center of Italy frequently came up in my Italian Baroque sculpture class. Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Sep 17, 2014
- Sunday we packed and started our trip homeWe were woken on Sunday morning at 5.30am by our beeping alarm. Time to get up and get ready for the taxi that was due at 8.00am to take us to the airport.
Breakfast, showers, final packing and we were ready Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 16, 2014
- Saturday was our last full day in RomeIt was our last full day in Rome and we had a “Skip the Queue” guided tour of the Vatican and St Peters booked.
We were up early and went down to the local taxi stand and got a taxi to Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 16, 2014
- Ferrara in Bici!Mi dispiace per il mio silenzio. Occupavo con il mio compito e anche ho fatto i giri in compagne lo scorso fine settimana. Settimana scorsa la mia amica Lynne da Sydney mi ha offerto a fare un giro in Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 16, 2014
- Italy days 1-4We tacked on a brief interlude in Italy on the return from Corsica because...
a) once upon a time, we both spoke a bit of Italian; we thought it could be fun to try brushing up
b) it was less expensive to Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 16, 2014
- Friday we went to PompeiiAt 5:30am we got up and started getting ready for our 13 hour tour of Pompeii!
Pompeii was on my top 5, I couldn’t wait to get onto the bus and start our big day ahead.
When we got on the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 16, 2014
- Arezzo- day 4I learned a couple things today. First even though one has a eurail pass one must have it stamped. Fortunately I saw someone put their ticket in a machine and asked what they were doing. I found Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 102 - To RomaOff to Rome today!!
That was our last night in a tent - hurray! We are all a bit tired, and Rowan and Taran have colds, Taran ulcers too. But we are all happy, and have not minded the adventure. Rowan Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 101 - FollonicaDay 101 - Follinica
Sun is shining today, we have planned to visit Follinica - 30 mins away - to sort some more internet data while in Italy. (The irony is that the store we visited didn't have any internet so Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 100 - RainApparently this is the worst summer they have had in Italy for some years. It never rains. Well, it rained again today for most of the day. We were all hunkered down in the tent, reading, eating, sorting travel plans Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 99 - Firenze (Day 2)Today we awoke to an overcast and cold day not being sure how it was going to turn out, so we planned accordingly to cover the bases for rain and sun. As it turned out it was going to be Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Siena - A fantastic medieval citySeptember 12,2014
Trying new things, expanding one's experiences is an adventure to me. It is not always completely comfortable at first, and can even create some anxiety. The benefit is the great satisfaction of completing what one set out Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 98 - Quiet DayNothing much to tell about today. We slept in, went to Donoratico for groceries, put a load of washing on...etc etc. Frank came around for a chat. We had offered to help him out on his busy day during the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014