- Day 10 Wednesday May 7Up at 8 (I set my phone to alarm at 8 early on, and never changed it) for (included) breakfast of mixed fresh fruit (really good), croissant and rolls, american coffee, yellow cake with nuts, eggs, juice, yogurt, and more. Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 20, 2014
- Day 9 - Tuesday May 6We were up at 7:30 for 8am breakfast, so that we can comfortably make our 9:55 train. shower, pack, pay (with cash, they said they preferred it, and we pay the same 3% fee on credit card and cash Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 20, 2014
- Looking For Pics Of The Sistine Chapel? You're Out Of LuckWe are up early. Proper really early. We make our way to the Vatican Museum, a gift we have been trying to accept from Aunt Kathy, and arrive at 8.30. A half hour before opening. There is already a long Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 30, 2014
- An Unplanned Jaunt Through RomeKate's alarm doesn't go off, spoiling any attempt at an early start and avoiding queues at the Vatican museum. We look at day trips out of the overcrowded city as an alternative, decide it's all too hard and settle on Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 29, 2014
- The Pope Or Not The Pope- That Is The Question...We get up early to head to the Vatican Museum today. The bus is packed! What was a 20 minute ride yesterday on a rainy Sunday is over an hour on a Monday morning around rush hour. So we arrive Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 28, 2014
- Day 8 - Monday May 5At 8 in our monk's cell (i mean, our hotel room) we had a tray of breakfast delivered, coffee, croissant with embedded jam (good for me, too sweet for Robin), a very fresh roll, yogurt, melba toast, and soft cheese Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 19, 2014
- Roman Holiday, Only Better
Teatro de Marcello, Rome
Visits with family and friends continue with a two a Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | May 11, 2014
- 3...2...1...Lift OffAfter 6 years of college, I have decided to cap it all off with a 70 day Europe trip. I'll be going to 9 countries and 31 cities, and meeting up with 10 different people from moments in my Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | May 18, 2014
- So Long And Thanks For All The KebabsEarly flight, disgustingly early. We were up before the first morning prayers. Ugh. We took a painless bus ride to the airport, then passed through security prior to even entering the airport- odd. The queue to check in was miles Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 27, 2014
- PORTOVENERE, ITALY
We anchored off of the Ligurian coast of Italy, in Portovenere. The “Case Torri” (tower houses, 6 to 8 stories high) formed part of the town’s defense. The Genoese built them so that each one h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | May 17, 2014
- Arrivederci RomaAll good things must come to an end and so we have reached the end of our travels. We spent the last day visiting the Vatican although the crowds were so huge we dipped out on visiting St Peters Basilica. Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 15, 2014
- Day 7 - Sunday May 4We woke up early (a little too early) and after breakfast wheeled our bags to the Duomo Metro station, rode to the Stazione Centrale, which is a great marble pile from the Facist era, and the high-speed train to Venice.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 15, 2014
- Day 6 - Saturday May 3In the morning Robin went to Shul (I walked with her but did not attend). I went back to the room briefly and then took 2 subways to the Leonardo Science and Technology museum. They had wooden Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 15, 2014
- Day 5 - Friday May 2Took the Italo train (the other train company in Italy) from Tiburtina station (which is a short cab ride from the Relais 6)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/676326/IMG_0386__Copy_.jpg caption=On the train to Milan - according to the display board, Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 15, 2014
- Day 4 - Thursday May 1Got started a bit late again, but made it to the Ghetto neighborhood efficiently on the 90 bus and the 8 streetcar.
The Museum is ve Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 15, 2014
- Day 3 - Wednesday April 30[i](Just a note about public transport in Italy: it is more or less on the honor system. You buy a ticket, and then you are supposed to put it in a 'validation' machine (which is equivalent to having the Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 14, 2014
- May 11th - Milan and VarennaMay 11: Milan and Varenna
Hi everyone - it's me, Lynn, taking care of the narrative today.
We started the day in Milan with a tour of the city. It was interesting to see the Duomo (cathedral), Posted by Lhayden in Italy | May 14, 2014
- May 9th and 10th, Departure and MilanHello from Stephanie!! We are on our way! We can't believe this day is here. It's surreal for sure. Everything is smooth so far, not a single glitch (well, maybe my bag is a little too heavy but whatever Posted by martins33 in Italy | May 14, 2014
- Day 2 - Tuesday April 29Woke up at 9:45am, just made it down to breakfast in time! (The breakfast is included in the hotel cost). It was great! Cut up fresh fruit and whole fresh fruit (kiwi, apples, oranges), 3 kinds of cake, Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 14, 2014
- Day 1 - Monday April 28Left the house at 2pm for the 5:30 flight, assuming a 3 hour lead time for an international flight. We were at the gate at 3pm.
We flew from Chicago to Dusseldorf, leaving Chicago at about 6PM (1AM in Posted by normx004 in Italy 2014 - May | May 14, 2014
- Roma AmorBefore we departed Firenze on Monday, we diverted our cab to Piazza Michelangelo where you can get a panoramic vista of the city
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/BAA7B4D42219AC6817042F009E5F6C03.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Islands of murano, Burano and TorcelloThe next day in florence I wanted to walk around locally and just take pictures. This morning I was particularly from for yesterday's steak and didn't really want breakfast. So I pack my day pack and headed out. I immediately Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 13, 2014
- Italia!And, once again, just like that welcome to Italy. our tour manager, Bec had a few surprises for us before we got to our hotel. The first was a bit of a side trip to the stunning town Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 12, 2014
- May 3 SciaccaI slept the best last night - kept my fleece jacket on but it wasn't as cold.
Not to get too hung up on Costco but I was thinking about their great price on Fage yogurt as I bought it here Posted by sherrietravels in Malta or Bust | May 12, 2014
- Weekend in FlorenceWe have enjoyed lovely spring weather in the city of the Medici and have wasted no time in getting out and about. First port of call was the massive Pitti Palace which is just behind our apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/56D85AD5 Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 11, 2014