- Day 13As the weather has improved to gorgeous, sunny days, so the temperature has dropped suddenly - and the wind doesn't help much either! It does mean it's a great opportunity to do things inside, so I decided to hit Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 22, 2015
- LuccaHow lucky were we to have a two week Love Home Swap in Lucca, which is in Tuscany, Italy. We hadn't done any research on Lucca, just knew it was in Tuscany and who wouldn't want to spend time Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 22, 2015
- Florence and VeniceWe left Orvieto by train after dropping the car off and had an uneventful trip to Florence. One of the first things that struck us was the amount of graffiti. There'd been virtually none in Orvieto Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 21, 2015
- Day 11Today was such a lovely sunny day again, that I decided to head up to Fiesole, a hill town about 9km and a 20 minute bus ride northeast of Florence. Yesterday I could see Fiesole from the Piazzale Michelangelo:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Day 10Yesterday was not such a great day for me - I had managed to catch a head cold from our teacher towards the end of last week, and the long day on Saturday really took its toll. So I Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 19, 2015
- Mom and Bob come to visitMy parents are world class travelers now and took the train from the airport all the way to our town. It was fun to see them step off the train and look like professionals! I guess I should have made Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 18, 2015
- Day 8
Duomo, early morning (a little eerie without anyone there!)
So, Eurochocolate... How do I put this? I got up extra early to walk across Florence to meet the tour at 7:30, no breakfast, sat o Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 17, 2015
Amazing from the moment we set eyes on it. The photo above doesn't capture how imposing Orvieto is as you drive up to it. The first photo below is of the street l Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 16, 2015
- Day 6-7As expected, Thursday was a bit of a non-event after class - the weather wasn't fantastic, though there were a few minutes of sun before it clouded over again. However, I did have an extremely delicious lunch at a Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 16, 2015
- Day 5Another overcast, humid day - and not a lot to tell. Today's Italian class wasn't any less confusing - at times the teacher holds long conversations in Italian with a couple of the other students, and most of us Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 14, 2015
- Day 4Second day on the course & while there have been some "aha" moments, much of it isn't sticking. Like English, it seems that Italiano has some very illogical "rules"! For example, with options of la, le, l', lo, il, Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 13, 2015
- London to Pisa, Pisa to Lucca, ItalyIt was up early to catch our very early taxi to Heathrow Airport. We got delivered to our terminal and soon found our check in counter. We flew British Airways. We were very impressed with this large Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 13, 2015
- SorrentoTime to leave Rome. We left our apartment via a vcool Fiat taxi. As it arrived, I was thinking that it looked a bit small for the 3 of us and our luggage. Needn't have worried, it Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 12, 2015
- Day 3Woke early to make sure I would get to class on time for my first day. Grabbed a still-warm pain au chocolat and a large coffee to eat on the way. The pastry was heavenly & won’t be Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 12, 2015
- Day 2Had a fantastic sleep & woke just before 10am to gorgeous sunshine after the rain yesterday – no jetlag at this stage, so I’m very happy indeed!
The view out my lounge window - love that bl Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- Day 1 (and a half!)Well, ain’t life interesting? Uneventful flights from Auckland to Hong Kong, then on to Zurich. I did manage to get a few winks in the 12 hours or so to Zurich, and it was a night flight so Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 10, 2015
- Rome - last dayA lovely sunny day in Rome today.
We walked to Vatican City.
The Canadians from Florence had warned us about the queues, (which were immense and of no interest to us to join).
Approaching, you are hastled by numerout touts most of Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- RomeUp early for a longish drive to Rome.
We took the A1 and I saw the point where in May 1980 my car was totallwd by Ricardo whose wheel fell off!
The trip was uneventful except 650 metres before we arrived at Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 7, 2015
- FlorenceWoke to rain.
It was showers, so there were clear moments too.
We went out for breakfast unprepared for the rain and had to shelter on the way home.
Then we went for a 2.5 hour walk around the town.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/67004 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- Cars & FlorenceWe walked into town and had coffee. Justin worked out that we had walked for about 38 hours in not much more than two weeks - that's not including small walks.
Then it was off to Lamborghini for some petrol-head stuff.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Rome & the VaticanOur first full day in Rome was scheduled to be spent in the Vatican. Well half of the day was spent admiring the amazing artefacts and works of art in the museum. I’m fairly certain by the end, as most Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Oct 4, 2015
- San MarinoIt was pissing with rain when we went out for breakfast, so much so that I stopped at the first possible place - the coffee was still good.
As we had walked into the centre yesterday, we decised to drive to Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- Riva to BolognaWe started the morning with a walk around Riva.
We then headed south to Modena where we visitd the Museo Enzo Ferrari. It was quite interesting.
[img=http:// Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Roaming in RomeWhat an introduction to Rome! Our train was late coming in, which wasn't too much of an issue - however we joined the taxi queue from the station only to have to wait nearly an hour as taxis dribbled into Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Oct 3, 2015
- More RivaLast day in beautiful Riva.
We all walked up the hill to Chiesa di Santa Barbara, a chapel perched 545 metres vertically up. The path there is 2.6 Ks. There was a spirit of competition, as Igor's fastest time up was Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 2, 2015