- [Rome] Altare della Patria - A Giant Wedding CakePrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/19/|[Rome] Glimpses of the Ancient City]]
The Altare della Patria, which translates to Altar of the Fatherland (also known as Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II or "Il Vittoriano"), was Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 15, 2015
- Buongiorno Firenzie!Ciao, Ciao!
After some 17 hours of the most nerve racking travel we've ever experienced together, I am happy to report we had a safe and punctual landing in Florence!! I can already tell the trip was well worth it.
Willa Posted by TheMeekOnes in The Meek Ones | May 14, 2015
- [Rome] Glimpses of the Ancient CityPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/18/|[Vatican City] St Peter's Basilica Makes Me Feel Tiny
On our second and last day in Rome, we toured some of the famous landmarks of Rome. Our first stop was the Colosseum, which was a shor Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 14, 2015
- RomaWe were pretty tired when arrived in Rome. Managed to get on the right train... and even off again at the right stop! The 1km walk to our hotel was the loooongest walk of my life. I had to stop Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | May 13, 2015
- Gladiator ActionDay 5 Rome – Time for some Gladiator action.
Another early breakfast and off we go, checked out of hotel, left our luggage there.so we could see some more sites. Headed to the railway station first to grab the hire car, Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | May 11, 2015
- Vatican City in the Morning - Rome in afternoon.Vatican City – 7.30am start.
Another early morning start as semi private tour of the Vatican starts before everyone else arrives. We walked around to the other side of the Vatican walls as our hotel was on the other side. Thought Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | May 11, 2015
- Lecce, PugliaThis is our last week in Lecce. We have been happily ensconced in our 16th century stone home, with high vaulted ceilings throughout,terrazzo floors and an appropriately medieval attitude to the Internet!
Lecce itself consists of a walled old Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | May 11, 2015
- [Rome] Hotel AlexandraPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/12/|Vernazza's evening looks like midnight in Winter]]
From La Spezia Centrale in Cinque Terre, we took the train to Roma Termini, tickets booked via Trenitalia.it. We use this website for all o Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 11, 2015
- How did these villages come to be built here?Ciao from Northern Italy! We headed north this morning with our first stop being Pisa. We travelled past what we thought were snow covered mountains. It turns out it was actually the white marble of Cararra. Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 10, 2015
- [Cinque Terre] VernazzaPrevious Entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/10/|[Cinque Terre] Train strike is still on-going and we're stranded in Riomaggiore]]
When we got to Vernazza, it was 5 plus, but it was dark everywhere. I've ended up with lots of yellow and sl Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 10, 2015
- [Cinque Terre] Train Station & Colourful Houses RiomaggiorePrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/8/|[Cinque Terre] First Italian meal at the VIA dell' AMORE]]
As I'd read that out of the five lands in Cinque Terre, Vernazza offered the most scenic view of the famous colourful houses with a Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 9, 2015
- [Cinque Terre] First Italian meal at the VIA dell' AMORE Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/7/|Train Strike in Cinque Terre & Review of La Scogliera Riomaggiore ]]
It was past 1 pm so we went in search for lunch. Many sources weren't exaggerating when they said that many shops in Cinqu Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 9, 2015
- [Cinque Terre] Riomaggiore & La ScoglieraPrevious Entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/3/|Milan Centrale]]
The train ride from Milan to Cinque Terre was highly enjoyable. There were very few people on the train and we had a compartment (4 chairs and a table) all to ourselves. We t Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 9, 2015
- Is that really you David?Florence is one of those cities that you visit once but love forever. It might be described as Rome's much prettier and smaller sister! Yes, both have a lovely river, incredible outdoor art everywhere, spectacular churches and the Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 8, 2015
- When in Rome.......The sun is shining and the birds were chirping at 4:30 this morning. There have been a few issues of not getting a full nights' sleep but most of our travellers have adjusted well to the time changes. Our Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 8, 2015
- TEDxBocconiU!Ok, I'll have a first time tomorrow and I feel thrilled, humble, honored also a bit nervous I must say: I'm speaking on: TEDxBocconiU! @Milano, Italy
.. speaking about Living your Legend: I definitely could use your mental support and please Posted by stephenoconnor in Stephens Photo Travel Blog | May 7, 2015
- Milano Centrale Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/1/|1st Night in Milan]]
Milano Centrale is the main railway station in Milan and many inter-city trains pass here. When boarding the train to La Spezia, we were pushing our luggage along the pla Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 7, 2015
- 1st Night in MilanPrevious Post: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/1/|Qatar Stopover]]
Our arrival and departure point was at the Milan Malpensa Airport, making Milan our first stop in Europe. We only used it as a transit at this point of time. We would later re Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 7, 2015
- Who knew making your own dinner could be so much fun?Bonus post today. It is early morning in Rome and we have a bit of time before breakfast so I thought you might like to hear about our last night in Rome.
With barely time to run to the room Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 6, 2015
- Venice, Italy. April 23rd-25th.Europe-Days 1-3
Day 1: April 23, 2015 - Enroute to Venice
Traveling in business class is definitely the only way to go! Except for the "Mayonnaise (Jan's trap) and Red Wine" (John's revenge) mishaps, it was a great flight.
Arrived Posted by John Gindro in Mediterranean Cruise April/May 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Roma, in a day!When in Rome! We certainly took that to heart today. After a typical European Continental Breakpfast we hit the ground! Armed with our transit pass we headed straight for the VERY BUSY Metro. Of course, taking Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 6, 2015
- Ciao BellaCiao from Rome. Well, all is good with the group for those of you wondering about your traveller.
It was a relatively uneventful flight, through Toronto, en route to Rome. Things must be good in the airline Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 5, 2015
- May 1stleft 7:00 in Bodio Lomnago.
Terribile traffic jams in Bologna and Rimini left us only at 12:00 at Tavullia.
Lorenzo stayed with me until Padre Pio called him.
Arrival in Bari: 18:15
Left Bari at 19:00 towards Igoumenitsa Posted by regendi in Iranman II | May 3, 2015
- Como LakesOs Lagos de Como são uma região muito bonita e interessante da Itália.
Na verdade, nem parece que você está na Italia.....
Saímos de carro da Toscana com um pit stop em Pisa no caminho.
Em Pisa a unica coisa que vimos foi Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015
- Roma!Ciao da Roma!
There is an unspoken obligation when you come to Rome that you have to see certain sites. There are things here that you can't see, experience or do anywhere else in the world. But that obligation comes with Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 30, 2015