- FlorenceWe arrived in Florence at the at the Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station. It was crowded but not as bad as Venice. Our first goal was to find our B&B and check-in. We got lost. Not too bad but Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Feb 19, 2017
- Doing the basics in VeniceFrom out exploration across the Grand Canal the night before we found a nice little laundry mat. Another tourist helped explain to us how to change the money and work the machines. In the end, two washes and one dry Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Feb 19, 2017
- The Venetian LagoonWaking up to an overcast day I skipped breakfast at our hotel in anticipation of trying the cappaccino from Torrefazione Cannaregio. The plan, after breakfast, was to board the nearby bus stop to do our tour of the lagoon by Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Feb 19, 2017
- Summer in SicilyFriday, July 14, 2013
We left work a bit early and headed off to Gatwick airport and met Mum and Dad to catch a BA flight to Catania, Sicily. We arrived in Maggiore at 7pm and went to the car Posted by arlroamer in Adrian's Travels | Jan 27, 2017
Travelled to Italy... arriving in Rome, (Italy) via (Abu Dhabi) and (Singapore), then travelled to/through; Rome, Catania, Sy Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Jan 25, 2017
- Amalfi Coast, Rome and the Cinque Terre
As we motored south on the Autostrada we could see rather ominous clouds on the horizon. With our limited Italian, the signs overhead informed us that snow was likely on the A16 and we crosse Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jan 22, 2017
- ROME PART BWEDNESDAY 18 JANUARY - Train from Civitavecchia to Rome. Quite a warm day so we went for a walk and called into the most amazing Basilica a few hundred metres from our hotel - Basilica Di Santa Maria deg Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Jan 20, 2017
- Lake Como and Tuscany
Once again, on the morning of our departure, Combloux dawned clear and crisp. We enjoyed repeated cups of tea, a nice coffee and a catch up with the family as we waited for the sun to appear Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jan 16, 2017
- "CINEMA PARADISO" and more...
The movie "Cinema Paradiso" was filmed in Sicily, and released in 1988. It was a great hit, and justifiably so. Part of the film was shot in the very lovely town square of Palazzo Adriano. Infact, the cinema Posted by ADAMYAMEY in FROM ALBANIA TO SICILY | Jan 11, 2017
- VeniceVenice was probably the top place on my to see list. But I decided to wait until the weather would be slightly warmer, so Venice was my last trip abroad of second semester.
[center][/center Posted by Ciara-Gissane in My adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Albanians in Sicily for hundreds of years[center][/center]
Today, many refugees from the Middle east, Africa, and elsewhere, have been landing in Sicil Posted by ADAMYAMEY in FROM ALBANIA TO SICILY | Jan 10, 2017
- ROME PART ARome really is the eternal city. There is no other like it for ancient history coexisting with the modern world. Rome, Italy’s capital, is a sprawling, cosmopolitan city with nearly 3,000 years of globally influential art, architecture and culture on Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Jan 6, 2017
- Days 29 and 30Hello everyone!
It has been much slower in Venice than Rome and Florence, which for me personally hasn't been ideal. However I have managed to fit a few things in despite the slow starts and fluctuating enthusiasm of my travel Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 26, 2016
- Day 28Hello!
It was a slow start today and there were a number of bumps in the road, so there aren't many eventful things to report on, but I did get to explore Venice a little bit! We got out late and Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Days 26 and 27Hello everyone!
Unfortunately I had a few issues with accessing my blog yesterday so I'm a little behind. We didn't do much in Florence on Wednesday even though it was a beautiful day. I went out earlier than the others just Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Italy Visit Its being a year since the Italy Trip and It was one of the most memorable experience ever for me. The Cultural diversity of the country was the main thing I learned and the unique Italian Dishes which was surely Posted by buddilawije94 in Italy 2015 | Dec 23, 2016
- Day 25Hello everyone,
today was another slow, wet day. Our tickets from the bell tower and duomo also allowed us to get into the Baptistry, so we thought we would have a look. I'm glad we did. It's a small building but Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 20, 2016
- Venice, Italy===Venice, Italy===
It was back to Italy for a weekend trip, this time to Venice. The capital of the Vento region in the north east of Italy, Venice is made up of over 115 small islands separated by canals and Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Dec 20, 2016
- Day 24Hello everyone!
It's only been about 12 hours since my last post, but I managed to get a bit done today because I finally got to explore Florence properly! It was one of the things I had been looking forward to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Day 23Hello!
I am writing this a day late after finally getting a good night's sleep! IT's been a long 3 weeks! We had a little bit of a wander around the area we were staying in, which turned out to not Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Days 18-22Hello from Sorrento!
It has been too long since my last post, but things have been very busy and not at the same time, so I have had lots going on but little to say. But what a week. Go to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 18, 2016
- Ragusa and Syracuse, SicilyAfter driving around Italy in 2008 Shelly and I swore we'd never drive in Italy again, but to get around in Sicily we decided we had no other option. We hired a little Renault Megane and although it was Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Dec 17, 2016
- Day 16 and 17Hello!
I am a bit late posting yesterday's blog as it has been a busy couple of days, but here we go. We were very lucky to have a late start at 10 am. We got on the train to Florence Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 12, 2016
- Day 15Hi everyone,
today was a huge day and I think the day our poor lecturers enjoyed least. We hopped back on a bus at 8am, watching the sunrise as we headed off to Tarquinia. There was a little confusion as to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 10, 2016
- Day 13Hello!
Today's entry will be very short but I wanted to document my first visit to Florence, as it is one of the things I have been most excited about for the trip! It was our day off so we slept Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 8, 2016