- Day 15What a perfect day! They weather was wonderful and everyone was commenting on it because they have been having so much rain and today was sunny and clear skies a lot of the day. Anyway our day started early with Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 13, 2014
- Day 14Today was Vatican day! We started out by taking cold showers. The place we are staying doesn’t have someone here 24/7. The family can be called if you need them but they come and fix breakfast and clean up your Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 12, 2014
- Day 13Our day started very early, alarm set for 4:20, and cool and damp in London. It was drizzling and of course still dark when we caught the shuttle bus back to the airport. We already had our boarding passes so Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Feb 11, 2014
- Where We Ate: Arona, ItalyRistorante Il Calicanto
I'll start this entry by saying that Arona--or at least the part of it that we saw--was not what we expected in terms of dining. I thought that there were going to be lots of restaurants on the Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Feb 8, 2014
- Florence: Birthplace of the Renaissance Part 2===PAINTINGS===
The Medici Bank was the largest in Europe in the 15th Century and the family brought Florence under the family's power allowing for an environment where the arts and humanities flourished.
One of the real beauties of Italian Ren Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Feb 6, 2014
- Sorrento is amazing under with rain!Hi guys!
this weekend i am in Sorrento.
i hate the run, but look at the picture!!
i am usually go to Sorrento in weekend and also in my holidays.
There a lot of bed and breakfast, hotel Posted by Macushla in The beauties of Italy | Feb 2, 2014
- Getting lost in Venice.....[center][/center]
Venice. Canals, bridges, gondolas, masks, high tides, flooding and gum boots. We experienced it all.
We arrived in Veni Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Feb 1, 2014
- MilanA year in Milano Posted by Mansigrover in Wanderlust | Jan 28, 2014
- Hamming it up in Parma[center][/center]
Our time at Parma has come to an end. There have been a few trying moments along the way, but overall our stay in Parma has been a great experience. We have eaten a tonne of p Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jan 25, 2014
- Castiglione del LagoWe weren't quite in Italian time so had a low start to the day. This doesn't really work in winter and shops open early and close for a long time in the middle of the day then open again late Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 19, 2014
- The only way is up! Orvieto...Saturday morning we had arranged to pick up a hire car so we could explore the area further. We caught a taxi to Chiusi the closest large town where the railway station is and piled into the car. Randy Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 19, 2014
- Casa Monte, Panicale, UmbriaArriving at Casa Monte was a relief after 4 trains, 1 bus and 1 taxi. Travelling from the Swiss alps to a hilltop town in Umbria was not the most logical path but the offer of a house at mates Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 19, 2014
- Parma... Getting to know the Italian way[center][/center]
Seven weeks into our European holiday and we are now in Italy; Parma to be precise. Parma? I hear you ask. Parma is in the north of Italy, between M Posted by BretP in leave of absence | Jan 13, 2014
- FirenzeWe headed over to Garibaldi Station on Sunday morning and waited for our train to Florence,
little did I know I'd booked the high speed italotren that reached 300km/hr!
[ Posted by Allie and Sam in Sam & Allie's European Vacation | Jan 10, 2014
- Buongiorno Milan We arrived at Milan's Malpensa airport at 7am (1am NYC time) after a little over 7 hours flying time. A trail of floor-mounted plaques led us to the Malpensa Express and we enjoyed a lovely view of the Posted by Allie and Sam in Sam & Allie's European Vacation | Jan 10, 2014
- Where We Ate: TuscanySan Gimignano
Trattoria Pizzeria il Fosso
We ate here a couple of times during our stay. Their location is convenient because they are just outside the town walls and a short walk away from one of the visitor parking lots. They Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jan 8, 2014
- 2009 A8 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - CINQUE TERREOVERNIGHT WE SAILED NORTH FROM ROME TO LIVORNO.
FROM THERE WE GO BY BUS FURTHER NORTH, PASSING CARRARA OF MARBLE FAME & PISA OF LEANING TOWER FAME.
BOTH ARE WA Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- Brescia, Bergamo, TrentoWe went to Itally on a spur of the moment trip on Ryanair with our friend KJ. This was our last travel opportunity with her before she moves to Japan and it also happened to be Quinn's birthday weekend. How Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jan 5, 2014
- 2009 A7 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - ROME & THE VATICAN THE SHIP DOCKS A WAYS AWAY FROM ROME.
THEN WE WILL VISIT A CHURCH THAT IS BUILT ON AT LEAST TWO PRECEDING CHURCHES.
A VISIT INSIDE THE COLOSSEUM
INSIDE THE VATICAN & BACK TO THE SHIP.
A LONG, INTENSE DAY. THIS IS Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- I'm dreaming of my first White Christmas... So we return from the mountains to the London rain, and I don’t even mind because our week in the snow has been fantastic.
Many people wonder what it is like to spend a Christmas away from family, and although Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Dec 30, 2013
- todayadsfadf Posted by Kevin Meitz in sample | Dec 28, 2013
- Rome - Dec 2013rome sfk asdnfl asdklcn aslkdnc askldc nasjkld ajkd nasd Posted by murielmonde in Muriel Monde | Dec 23, 2013
- Venice from the altanaLife in Venice can be very confining. Narrow alleys that never feel the sun’s rays. Canals quickly clogged by by more than one gondola or where water taxis manoeuvre through them by touch. Where houses are higher than they are Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Dec 19, 2013
- Dirigir na ItaliaOlá!
Dirigir na Italia pode ser um desafio e tanto.
Fatos a serem considerados:
1 - pedágios absurdamente caros
2 - estradas muito mal conservadas
3 - os Italianos dirigem mal
4 - as informações são confusas e nas estradas quase ninguém fala Inglês
Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Dec 18, 2013
- SPECIAL BUT CHAOTIC CITIESAfter our great days in the cities of Vienna and Budapest, we headed to the warmer city of Rome. It took 14 hours by train, and as we are always blessed people, on our night train we could have three Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 8, 2013