- Days 26 and 27Hello everyone!
Unfortunately I had a few issues with accessing my blog yesterday so I'm a little behind. We didn't do much in Florence on Wednesday even though it was a beautiful day. I went out earlier than the others just Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Italy Visit Its being a year since the Italy Trip and It was one of the most memorable experience ever for me. The Cultural diversity of the country was the main thing I learned and the unique Italian Dishes which was surely Posted by buddilawije94 in Italy 2015 | Dec 23, 2016
- Day 25Hello everyone,
today was another slow, wet day. Our tickets from the bell tower and duomo also allowed us to get into the Baptistry, so we thought we would have a look. I'm glad we did. It's a small building but Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 20, 2016
- Venice, Italy===Venice, Italy===
It was back to Italy for a weekend trip, this time to Venice. The capital of the Vento region in the north east of Italy, Venice is made up of over 115 small islands separated by canals and Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Dec 20, 2016
- Day 24Hello everyone!
It's only been about 12 hours since my last post, but I managed to get a bit done today because I finally got to explore Florence properly! It was one of the things I had been looking forward to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Day 23Hello!
I am writing this a day late after finally getting a good night's sleep! IT's been a long 3 weeks! We had a little bit of a wander around the area we were staying in, which turned out to not Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Days 18-22Hello from Sorrento!
It has been too long since my last post, but things have been very busy and not at the same time, so I have had lots going on but little to say. But what a week. Go to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 18, 2016
- Ragusa and Syracuse, SicilyAfter driving around Italy in 2008 Shelly and I swore we'd never drive in Italy again, but to get around in Sicily we decided we had no other option. We hired a little Renault Megane and although it was Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Dec 17, 2016
- Day 16 and 17Hello!
I am a bit late posting yesterday's blog as it has been a busy couple of days, but here we go. We were very lucky to have a late start at 10 am. We got on the train to Florence Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 12, 2016
- Day 15Hi everyone,
today was a huge day and I think the day our poor lecturers enjoyed least. We hopped back on a bus at 8am, watching the sunrise as we headed off to Tarquinia. There was a little confusion as to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 10, 2016
- Day 13Hello!
Today's entry will be very short but I wanted to document my first visit to Florence, as it is one of the things I have been most excited about for the trip! It was our day off so we slept Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 8, 2016
- Day 11Hello everyone,
today was our first full day in Prato and first day of classes. We had some very interesting lectures in the morning and then did some study and exploration. I found a statue that reminds me a little of Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 6, 2016
- Day 10Hello everyone,
today we said goodbye to Rome and to long days wandering among ruins. We were meant to be on the bus at 8:30 to Prato, but, in what I am assured is true Italian style, the bus was two Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 5, 2016
- Day 9Hello!
Today was our last day in Rome. We weren't really here for much of the day but we have one more night before leaving for Prato. Today involved a bit of bussing around the countryside to reach the day's sites. Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 4, 2016
- Day 8Hello!
Today was our day off to do as we pleased in Rome. Although the week has been very enjoyable, we were all looking forward to a day to ourselves and some recovery time for our poor brains, stuffed with new Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 3, 2016
- Day 7Hello everyone,
today was a little different to the last few days because the two sites we visited in the morning were founded in ancient Rome and built upon in later periods, and the rest of the day was spent in Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 2, 2016
- Mangia mangia mangia!On Friday morning we checked out of our Airbnb apartment, completing the interaction solely in Italian. Admittedly, there was not a lot of complexity to the conversation, but we still felt rather triumphant as we walked out the door. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 2, 2016
- Day 6Good evening,
today was an excellent day. I have said it in the two previous posts, but this one takes the cake. If you go to Rome, you MUST go to Ostia. No maybes, no excuses. There have been some stunners Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 1, 2016
- On the hunt for granitaWe were at the airport with plenty of time to spare - plenty of time for people watching, and more than ample time to eat our ftira with salami and cheese. I’m not sure than Hungarian salami and double Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 30, 2016
- Day 4Hello hello!
today was a very big day and the cold has finally started to set in in the form of icy winds, but the sky was still clear and blue and the sites were incredible!
We began at the Basilica Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 29, 2016
- Day 3Hello everyone!
Today we finally began our proper tour of Rome! It took no time at all for everyone to get chatting, and it has already proven to be a really good group of people. You can be talking to one Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 28, 2016
- Venice - Exploring the city and sightsThe weather started out overcast and rainy. We huddles under our one umbrella to the stand to buy our 2-day vaporetto (bus) passes.
We eagerly waited at the stop that we thought would take us east towards St. Mark's square Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 27, 2016
- Day 2Hello again,
surprisingly today was even less eventful than yesterday (one half of us is struggling a bit more than the other). There was too much energy too early, and we beat most of the rest of the city out of Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 27, 2016
- Rome, rugby, ruins and reunionAfter a few problems trying to get in from the airport, Laura, Peter and I rushed to the Stadio Olympico to see the All Blacks trounce Italy. The home crowd was excitable when Italy were in possession and we were Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Nov 27, 2016
- Day 1Hello!
So we finally made it here to Rome! Unfortunately not much was done when we first arrived because we were pretty tired and today wasn't as busy as I might have liked. But someone (mum) has requested I hurry up Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 26, 2016