- Renovating RomeWhile Senor Berlusconi’s personal safety deposit boxes might be bursting at the seams, the Italian government has been flat broke for years. So first time visitors to Rome might be a touch miffed to discover that someone has flashed the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 3, 2015
- Days 23-25Yes, it's three days' worth, but mostly photos!
Not much planned for this day since Saturday was such a big day at Lucca and Pisa. I decided to take a walk to the east this time, along the Arno and Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 3, 2015
- Day 22"Go to Lucca," they said. "It's quaint & peaceful," they said. Does THIS look either quaint or peaceful to you?
BO Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 31, 2015
- Mediterranean Cruise with my daughters . Sycamore trees in Aix en Provence.
My daughter Heather mentioned that her dream was to visit the south of France. So after making a few other suggestions I asked her Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Oct 31, 2015
- RomaAlpi Hotel-Rome 2/21/15
Ah Roma. We have spent four days here after our fly by night no name budget airline, Blue Panorama, got us here in one piece, albeit 3 hours late. It seems that many Italians Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 28, 2015
- Days 17-19Since my classes have moved to the afternoons, I'm finding it hard to get moving in the morning - time to set the alarm again, I think! This is my excuse for not having done much to write about!
Yesterday Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 28, 2015
- Forzo d' Agro 3 - Patching a placeSpent some time today in this ancient village patching a wall that for all we know could be 500 years old. That wall has seen a lot in its monumental life and it looks it. There's something very Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 28, 2015
- Day 16Took a very long walk to the west today, across Ponte alla Carraia to Oltrarno and the San Spririto neighbourhood and further west then back over the Arno at Ponte della Vittoria to the biggest park in Florence, Parco delle Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 25, 2015
- PYIProud Young Italian
Who knows what goes through the minds of young men and women. A different culture, a different life, a different reality. Who am I to judge. Not being fluent is a definite drawback to connection, but there needs Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- ArgintiniaDaniel from Argentina.
Daniel and I had an immediate connection. It was apparent from the first he had a zest, a curiosity, and a sense of humor that would be a joy to be with. He spoke a little English. Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- PompeiiPompeii was interesting but also disappointing in that it was under major renovation. Here was a place the nuns described to us many years ago. I sat there rapt in attention, a rare thing for me, imagining the absolute horror Posted by cschelz777 in Europa Travails | Oct 25, 2015
- ROMA!So first trip out of London, was a complete success. I have never been somewhere for such a short amount of time and was so sad to leave. I was excited to go to Italy for few reasons. First, and Posted by AlliScap in US-->UK | Oct 24, 2015
- Day 15I finally relented yesterday and bought myself a puffer jacket, expecting a cold wind at least on the tour in Chianti. And I have never been so happy to be so wrong!
To be fair, I did wear it to Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 24, 2015
- Day 14Yes, Florence is amazing, there's no arguing that fact. Just like any city, it has its good and not so good points, and ordinary and extraordinary sights. I spent this afternoon just wandering around, taking photos of "ordinary" Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 23, 2015
- Day 13As the weather has improved to gorgeous, sunny days, so the temperature has dropped suddenly - and the wind doesn't help much either! It does mean it's a great opportunity to do things inside, so I decided to hit Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 22, 2015
- LuccaHow lucky were we to have a two week Love Home Swap in Lucca, which is in Tuscany, Italy. We hadn't done any research on Lucca, just knew it was in Tuscany and who wouldn't want to spend time Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 22, 2015
- Florence and VeniceWe left Orvieto by train after dropping the car off and had an uneventful trip to Florence. One of the first things that struck us was the amount of graffiti. There'd been virtually none in Orvieto Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 21, 2015
- Day 11Today was such a lovely sunny day again, that I decided to head up to Fiesole, a hill town about 9km and a 20 minute bus ride northeast of Florence. Yesterday I could see Fiesole from the Piazzale Michelangelo:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Day 10Yesterday was not such a great day for me - I had managed to catch a head cold from our teacher towards the end of last week, and the long day on Saturday really took its toll. So I Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 19, 2015
- Mom and Bob come to visitMy parents are world class travelers now and took the train from the airport all the way to our town. It was fun to see them step off the train and look like professionals! I guess I should have made Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 18, 2015
- Day 8
Duomo, early morning (a little eerie without anyone there!)
So, Eurochocolate... How do I put this? I got up extra early to walk across Florence to meet the tour at 7:30, no breakfast, sat o Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 17, 2015
Amazing from the moment we set eyes on it. The photo above doesn't capture how imposing Orvieto is as you drive up to it. The first photo below is of the street l Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 16, 2015
- Day 6-7As expected, Thursday was a bit of a non-event after class - the weather wasn't fantastic, though there were a few minutes of sun before it clouded over again. However, I did have an extremely delicious lunch at a Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 16, 2015
- Day 5Another overcast, humid day - and not a lot to tell. Today's Italian class wasn't any less confusing - at times the teacher holds long conversations in Italian with a couple of the other students, and most of us Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 14, 2015
- Day 4Second day on the course & while there have been some "aha" moments, much of it isn't sticking. Like English, it seems that Italiano has some very illogical "rules"! For example, with options of la, le, l', lo, il, Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 13, 2015