- Monday and we did a half day tour of FlorenceWe were up and keen to get into exploring Florence proper. We had a guided tour of Florence booked as seen through the eyes of Dan Brown’s novel Inferno, which in turn was partly inspired by Dante’s poem, The Divine Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 11, 2014
- L'AperitivoThe Italiani have a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the day - with an aperitivo. Go straight from work to a multitude of offerings of drinks and snacks. Monday night was aperitivo night at the school so off Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice day twooday is the day to shop......alone!!
Breakfast is just lively on the terrace at the front of the hotel on the canal. A great spread and lovely service.......although a little slow.....they all work on Venice time.....
Alura..........we head off Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice, Venice, Venice We get ready and go to Michaels club for breakfast and tea before being ushered off the ship. We say our goodbyes to the staff who have been fabulous.
We are picked up from the ship and walked Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Sunday we wandered the streets of FlorenceSunday
On Sunday morning we woke up with no food in the house. Dad set off to find a grocery store. An hour later he returned empty handed – like one of his many fishing trips. It turned out that no Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 10, 2014
- Cruising in to VeniceAnother lovely breakfast in Blu just before they close. After brekky as we start to enter Venetian waters and sit looking through the large picture windows Stoiny is walking around doing something........next thing I know he comes out of Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 10, 2014
- ItalyWe decided for our last full day in Cinque Terre that we would go to La Spezia for the day. Being a Sunday it was pretty quite, so we opted to go to the maritime museum. There was a lot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- Garda & BormioLeft Verona in glorious sunshine and 20 degrees, keeping off the motorway we get stuck in horrendous traffic, the temp is on the way into the mid 20's. On to Garda and join the northbound coast road, taking a turn Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Day 97 - Cinque Terre==Cinque Terre (the five lands)==
We set off from camp at 8am, and the one and a half hour journey flew by. Highways this time. At one port there were huge piles of stone - this is a shot of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Competition TimeBreakfast early as we're heading off further south today, 250 miles and into Italy for a night in ?
The obligatory leaving group shots by our hosts from Gasthof Hochalmspitze - That'll be on' Face-ache' anytime now then! And Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 9, 2014
- Day 96 - Castegnato CarducciWe all slept really well last night, except poor Danny whose head was buzzing and wouldn't turn off. We got up late to another pleasant summers day. The girls and I did dishes and met a nice young man Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Day 95 - FirenzeFather's Day today! Rowan didn't get breakfast in bed, or any gifts (too difficult to find or to fit in the car), but the kids gave him some special notes they'd written. We had previously organised to go to Florence Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Day 94 - Castegnato CarducciToday was a quiet day, giving us time to catch up on a couple of loads of washing, kids travel journals etc. The girls went swimming at the campground pool. The trouble with relaxing is that all of a sudden Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Alla Scuola Giorno Uno.Sono arrivato alla scuola alle 9.15. C'erano tanti persone al reception - circa 30! Era rumoroso. Lunedi mattina é sempre così. La classe grammatica cominciato e dopo una pausa al bar, la classe di conversazione. Avevo bisogno di mangiare pranzo. Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 8, 2014
- Amalfi coast, Positano, SorentoAmalfi Coast to Pompeii
Salerno, Amalfi coast, Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii.
Today we are visiting Salerno on the Amalfi coast. I have contacted Italy Limousines who have said they will have a driver waiting for us. She is and her Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 8, 2014
- All roads lead to RomeAnother early start. I wake early and for the first time in ages see the sun come up over the coastline.......beautiful. Breakfast in Blu....light and healthy. Feeling energised a little we head out to meet our driver from Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 7, 2014
- Leonardo is calling.......Leonardo is calling him to his home land.......or so Chris thinks......Florence.
Today is a trip with our driver Lorenzo. A middle aged tall Italian man who is very chatty and has lots to discuss with the boys about real estate Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 7, 2014
- Sono qui!After a quick visit to Belfast to see family and catch up with Numero Uno Figlio I arrived in Bologna sabato sera. I knew that I'd arrived in the right place when I was greeted at Aeroporto di Guglielmo Marconi Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 7, 2014
- Saturday was Au Revoir FranceWell after a lovely week in Avignon we were packed and ready for the next stage of our journey. Marie the owner of the apartment arrived at 7.50am to check the apartment and return our bond. After a discussion of Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 7, 2014
- ItalyAfter a welcome dinner for all at Miky (http://www.ristorantemiky.it) on Thursday night, the next day we did a scenic boat to the towns of Riomaggiore, Manarola and Vernazza. Very cute but a LOT busier than when we were here in Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 6, 2014
- FATHERS DAY!==[center]A big
Happy Fathers Day!
Grandad Puklowski (Neil)
Grandad Morris (Dave)[/center]==
Here's a little something to show we haven't forgotten :)
Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 6, 2014
- Day 93 - Castegnato Carducci
Hello again, all!
I'm getting rather tired now - not one full night sleep since being in Eurocamps, despite the comfy beds. It's either storm, wind, rain, loo-stops or neighbours! Last night it was a child needing the toilet. I'm not Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 6, 2014
- Stopping in Pisa Not for PizzaEggplant
In between our transit from the Cinque Terre to Florence, we did a quick hop off at Pisa. This was purely for, as I'm sure you've guessed, the Leaning Tower of Pisa! I thought loads of people would Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Sep 6, 2014
- Turin - Egyptian MuseumYesterday we went to Turin, and we went to the Egyptian museum and the car museum.
At the Egyptian museum we saw some quite amazing thing like: death books, shoes, mummies, mummy masks, statues, mummified dogs and cats, coffins, a model Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Sep 6, 2014
- MilanToday we have spent the day looking around Milan, we took the train from the Central train station where our hotel is to Duomo, we then took the hop on hop off bus for a couple of hours before having Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Sep 5, 2014