- If you ever....Poggirendenti Alto Valtellina is a very small hillside hamlet in the valley of the Adda River in far northern Italy. A few miles north is the Swiss border so it's almost as far north in Italy as you can go Posted by Mango3 in streetsoup | Mar 28, 2016
- streetsoup incontinent.Northern Italy is mostly straight up and down. Mostly up. There are two widths to the streets-narrow and narrower and walking them requires attention and good hearing. Yesterday I walked probably 10 kilometres to look at a defensive castle built Posted by Mango3 in streetsoup | Mar 28, 2016
- Spring in La SernissimaHave you ever taken a roundabout way to get somewhere because it is cheaper? Like a LOT cheaper? Well, with only a week plus a few days for spring break, time is a precious commodity when you're traveling internationally. I Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 27, 2016
- Bed and Breakfast we'll be staying at in Lake Como![[http://www.la-marianna.com/index_en.php|http://www.la-marianna.com/index_en.php]]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/808647/14_big.jp Posted by ChrisandSoni in Chris & Soni's Italy Trip 2016 | Mar 27, 2016
- Carnival Almost everyone has heard of Carnival whether it's the version celebrated here in Italy, the one in Rio De Janeiro or even America's version known to some going by the name of Mardi Gras. Like Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Mar 24, 2016
- Ciao! I am starting this blog as a electronic way of tracking and sharing my experience of being an au pair in Italy. I was originally only going to share this with a few friends Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Mar 15, 2016
- Italian Sabbatical 2016March 17-2016
If I had to select one word to describe our first months in Italy it would be 'discovery' in so many different ways ...
Considerable time has been spent initially on dreary 'housekeeping' as we navigated our way around this Posted by TEAM BARDIANO in Italian Sabbatical 2016 | Mar 15, 2016
- Rome - Take IIHello!
I have spent the last eight or so days exploring Rome. The first few days I was on my own in a pretty sketchy hostel.. I tried to take a shower the first morning I was there and the door Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 22, 2016
- Visit Florence American Cemetery on April 9thOn Saturday, the 9th of April we will be driving from Lake Como to our home for the week, the La Poggiolaia Villa/Apartment complex at Fiano. About an hour from the Villa, we will stop by the Florence Posted by ChrisandSoni in Chris & Soni's Italy Trip 2016 | Feb 20, 2016
- Nepilkit lemingui alaus iš rytoIšneriu iš nakties tamsoje kabančių drėgno, tiršto rūko lašų dar neprašvitus - ir žengiu į prabangų šviesa, metaliniu stiklu išpuoštą rūmą. Rūmo durys vienu kąsniu prarijo mane su visa manta, ir įsilieju į žmonių, tuoj virsiančių lemingais, srautą. Čia Ar Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Feb 17, 2016
- Arrivederci ItaliaUp in time for breakfast at 6am. It wasn’t the ordinary restaurant staff who worked that early, no no. I would bet my money on someone in the cleaning staff who had to get up extra early, because when I Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 29, 2015
- Colle ValneraOpened up my eyes and saw a clear blue sky outside the window. Last hiking day and the weather would show its best with temperature up to +25°C. Hurried up to check in on the flight back to Stockholm-Arlanda to Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 28, 2015
- Monte CroceWoke up in time for breakfast at 7.30am and yet another day with sun had been promised, at least down here in Champoluc, in Ayas Valley. It looked less promising at high altitude and that mountain peak we would climb Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 27, 2015
- Lago PerrinWoke up yet again to a clear morning and just in time for breakfast at 7.30am the sunshine managed to conquer the alpine peaks and illuminate Ayas Valley. I was supposed to go to Aosta today and spend the day Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 26, 2015
- Lago BluIt was forecasted to be great weather today and as promised I woke up to a clear blue sky, even though the sun hadn’t made it over the mountain peaks yet. But in time for breakfast at 7.30am the first Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 25, 2015
- La MandriaWoke up to yet another cloudy and chilly morning at Hotel Relais des Glaciers in Champoluc. The clouds were really heavy and lay like a cap over the Ayas Valley this morning. Breakfast was served at 7.30am and the morning Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 24, 2015
- Ru CourtodWoke up after a night in a way to soft, worn down and uncomfortable bed (for my back) – ow, ow, ow. But my back straightened out soon after I got out of bed. Drew away the window curtains and Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 23, 2015
- Ciao ItaliaComfy as I’ve gotten through the years, I had booked one night (Friday – Saturday) at Radisson Blu Sky City (Arlanda) and also due to the unreliable Swedish railways (SJ) that you nowadays can’t trust getting you to Stockholm-Arlanda Airport Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 22, 2015
- Chocolate Churros and Motorway MadnessThree days have gone by since we last blogged. Thanks for your comments thus far and we'll do our best to cover all that's come to pass in this.......
Leaving Montaione we opted to stop at just one place on Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 11, 2016
- Day 24 - 26JT has had a few of great days skiing with Howard Symes (from Wellington). They did the Marmolada Glacier yesterday, having done the Sella Ronda the day before (this is a 40km trip)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/20160208_144925000_iOS.jpg Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 10, 2016
- BootsWe arived back from our day's journeying to a warm house. Finally we've worked out how to heat the place properly so we're not wearing more inside than when we go out! And so we relax....The table is Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- WierdSponge Bob Square Pant's giant effigy loomed large in the narrow, high walled alleyway. Suddenly he bowed precariously, stumbled and fell, narrowly missing Patrick the pink star fish in his decent.
Mufasa, Lion King, followed up in the rear roaring Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 22-23So the meal prepared by Alex was venison ragù served over linguine, followed by tiramisu. It was a great last night for us with the rest of the tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/90_20160205_Chef_Alex.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Feb 7, 2016
- Last SupperLayday today. We all chose to kick back and write, read, snooze, do whatever. Jordy had movie scenes in his head and in the afternoon had Harry and I running through the streets of Montaione shooting Gopro film. Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016
- TransitionsWe arose early enough to pack and allow for a hearty breakfast at Mario's place. "We leave today Mario", "No! Where you go to, where you come from?", "Si, where in a Australia?", "Brisbane No! I go there Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 6, 2016