- Day 19, Wednesday, June 10, 2015 MARINA DE RAGUSAToday is the 48th anniversary of the day I met my beautiful wife at Kip's in Berkeley!
Turns out that Margaret did not like sleeping in our trippy room and we asked the concierge if we could make a change. Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 11, 2015
- Venice, ItalyDay 1: Rome – Florence (L)
Leave Rome by train and travel north out of the Lazio region into the rolling hills of Tuscany. My destination is the Tuscan capital of Florence -- the city considered as the birthplace of the Posted by Josip98 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 11, 2015
- Day 18, Tuesday, June 9, 2015 To RagusaOur final breakfast at Villa Athena was wonderful and it was sad to leave this magical place. It has been truly a five star experience...even more stars warranted. Our plan was to divert our next stop inland to Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 10, 2015
- Rome and Florence[img=http: Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 17, Monday, June 8, 2015 AGRIGENTO ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUMI forgot to mention that the breakfast room at the hotel has a glass bottom floor when you walk in, and you look down upon some ruins that date back to the 6th century BC. For three days, I Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 21 – 7 June (Sunday)We had another crowded breakfast as the bus which came on Wednesday was still here. But there was plenty to eat and the coffee was very nice (Andrew may have a different opinion about the coffee). Andrew wanted to hire Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 20 – 6 June (Saturday)Our room includes breakfast which is continental and buffet style. The passengers from the tour bus were at breakfast – so it was quite a crowd. But we were well fed and after breakfast, Andrew suggested we go for our Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 9, 2015
- The Turin Book FairI was really excited to fly to Turin. I've only been to Italy twice and both times were to Lago di Garda, the Italian Mallorca of the Germans...so that doesn't really count IMHO.
So what is there to say about my Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 16, Sunday, June 7, 2015 AGRIGENTO VALLEY OF THE TEMPLESVilla Athena has a separate restaurant for its breakfast buffet. The dining area is a beautiful room with white table cloths and white coated waiters/waitresses. There is a separate room with probably the most elaborate buffet we have Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 8, 2015
- [Florence] Basilica di Santa CrocePrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/33/|[Florence] Crossing the Ponte Vecchio
[b]Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier loading. Large resolutions of high-quality landscape images are available in an image gallery linked Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- Venice, ItalyDay One
After a 1 hour and 5 minute flight that cost me about $400.00, I have now arrived at my hotel, the Hotel Danieli. The distance between the two cities is approximately 360 kilometres. Furthermore, I had originally Posted by acrm2015 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- RomeDay One
I arrive at Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 3:30pm. The hotel I check into is Hotel Locarno. This hotel is a 4 star and $111 CAD a night. It has a restaurant and bar/lounge, rooftop terrace, which overlooks Rome's Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 7, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Žingsnis į Matricą (normalių žmonių pasaulį)
Vieną naktį visai neseniai - aš parskridau namo.
Laivą palikau saugoti Porto Rotondo marinoje, netoli Olbia, Sardinia. Kontraktas mėnesiui, jei pavėluosiu ben Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 19 – 5 June (Friday)We leave Munich for the Dolomites in Italy this morning. It is about a four hour drive.
We went for breakfast at a Patisserie – I enjoyed the coffee and especially the pastry – I don’t think Andrew altogether enjoyed his.
We Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 7, 2015
- The Road Ends in MilanI apologize for the delay in completing this blog. I have been getting back in the swing of things and getting ready for my summer classes to start and neglected to do this. So here we go, finally!
On Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 15, Saturday, June 6, 2015 ARGRIGENTO VIA ERICEAfter breakfast we packed and the car was loaded. Our destination is Agrigento but we want to make a stop in the ancient city of Erice. Getting out of Palermo was an adventure. The drivers of tiny Fiats Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- Firenze! (And the stop-over at Lucca)The Florence portion of our trip was quite the whirlwind. Colin learned that maybe there is such a thing as too many museums in a day, and Madi learned that it isn't quite so bad to walk up the 463 Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 14, Friday, June 5, 2015 TEATRO MASSIMOMy day started quite early when the alarm went off at 3am and I turned on Sport TV which was airing the first game of the NBA finals...live. I wasn't thrilled when the game went to OT but the Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 13, Thursday June 4, 2015 PALERMO/MONREALEAnother warm day bathed in sunshine. After breakfast we caught the hop on/off bus two blocks from the hotel for the twenty minute drive to Monreale. The hop on/off bus has been a great deal. For twenty Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Old Destination, New Frontier [center][/center]
This will be a whole new type of travel for me. About a year and a half ago, EF Tours contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in leading student educational tours abroa Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 5, 2015
- VeniceWe seemed to have a torturous trip from Syracuse with a delay at Catania airport then again at Venice airport. But we eventually got a water ferry to the island, down the Grand Canal and found our way through lanes Posted by TandTtravel in Europe 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- Day 12, Wednesday, June 3, 2015 PALERMO HERE WE COMEWe awakened to another beautiful morning, warm and filled with sunshine. We had breakfast on the patio and packed for our trip to Palermo. Before we left, I discovered with some amount of joy, that our Volvo was Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- Day 11, Tuesday, June 2, 2015 BEAUTIFUL CEFALUWhat a beautiful, warm, sunshiny morning. We headed down to breakfast (it’s nice that breakfast is included in all our hotels in Sicily…even if it is just a continental type buffet) in a beautiful dining area next to the Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- At the Cinque TerreThe Cinque Terre are 5 towns along the north western coast of Italy along the Mediterranean. The towns are full of charm and character. From north to south there is Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. We made Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Jun 3, 2015
- Day 10, Monday, June 1, 2015 TO CEFALU VIA THE AUTOSTRADAMonday morning was packing time. I went down to breakfast and Marg joined me later. I couldn’t get the safe to open in our room and, after I checked out, the front desk sent someone to open it.
It Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | Jun 3, 2015