- When in RomeWe finally made it to our hotel, after a hiccup with our transport from the port. Our van had a flat tire(ha we know, another flat tire for Jeanne), but this time I didn't have to pay for a new Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 23, 2016
- Mediterranean Magic. ⛵️🛥🚤🛳⚓️On Saturday, 21st May, we ventured out of Genoa, yes in the Alfa. We travelled east from Genoa, initially seeming to spend as much time underground in tunnels as out in the open. It is an oft quoted Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 23, 2016
- We have arrived in RomeWe have arrived in Rome! Great hotel room!
This is our door with our very own doorbell
Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 23, 2016
- Travel troublesWe arrived at the port that serves Rome and out shuttle got a flat so we haven't left the port yet. yay!
Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 23, 2016
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/302381/7F024E140FCE2CCD1101E9E2A7BD Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 22, 2016
- Rome, ItalyHave wanted to go to Rome for years and decided to book a short break for Mike's 28th birthday.
Lots of walking (lots!), selfie stick, amazing views, great food (and wine), friendly people, cheaper than we thought (especially Mike's 4 course Posted by Jo's journeys in Tales of my travels | May 22, 2016
- Portoferrario the island of ElbaToday was an adventure day of cycling and sea kayaking. I was so excited about this excursion I could not wait to get off of this boat and get moving.
We started biking along the city streets. Not much to Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 22, 2016
- To Genoa and thereabouts 😎On our way from Beaune to Northern Italy we planned to try and drive over the Alps through a pass that had proved unpassable for us in 1993. This planned route was to take us across the Col d'Isere, Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | May 22, 2016
- Last night on Board the shipAfter we ate dinner in Picturesque Portofino we got back on the ship about 9pm. They informed us that the crew was going to have a talent show, that it's a must see. So, we finally felt enough energy and Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 22, 2016
- Portofino, Santa Margherita and CamogliI can't believe that it's Saturday already. Our trip is nearly over with. Today was another epic day. We went to three places. First stop was Portofino to catch a ferry to Santa Margherita. More on Portofino later.
Santa Margherita Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 21, 2016
- We have arrived in Portofino, ItalyWe've arrived to our first stop in Italy: Portofino
Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 21, 2016
- THIRD Continent Europe ==Seoul to Europe==
Seoul to Italy Route Details
Total Distance between them: 8965.63 km
Avg. Flight Time: 11hours, 29mins
Rome, the city of seven hills, enjoyed a mythic beginning. Romulus and Remus — twin brothers who were nursed by a she-wolf Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 19, 2016
- All roads lead to Rome...===Two Scoops is enough===
While we were in Florence, we had the privilege of visiting, not one, but two very well-stocked Galleries: the Accademia, where we gazed with wonder and artistic appreciation of arguable the most famous sculpture in the world Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 18, 2016
- Day 13 - Island hoppingAfter a light breakfast at the motel we went down and bought day tickets for the water bus. What a great idea - it meant we could hop on and off as we wanted, making snap decisions, changing our minds Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 12, 2016
- Day 12 - VeniceSo farewell to Florence and the nosiest but most spacious and well appointed apartment. We decided to get a taxi to the railway station as pushing luggage over cobblestones whilst dodging cars, vespers, pushbikes and people is a difficult way Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 11, 2016
- Northern Italy===Travelling Light... The truth weighs heavy on our hearts!!===
We sat down before we started this Blog and asked ourselves what we would call it: 'Jen & Eil DO Euro Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 10, 2016
- Day 11 - Pisa day tripWe walked down to the railway station and got a train to Pisa today. The trip took about an hour and went through some amazing countryside. We got a really good snapshot of the rural areas and in particular the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 10, 2016
- Itali(u), I Don't Want to LeaveThis blog entry comes two weeks late, I'll admit. My two day trip (yes that short) to Italy to see the Cinque Terra and Venice was as last minute a trip as is possible. I had booked 3 flights (no Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 10, 2016
- Day 15 - I hiked in Monterosso! And other local legends...Last night I had one of my favourite meals in Italy! At L’Osteria, just a moment’s walk from my accommodation, was a delicious traditional Italian restaurant. I sat at what would become a communal table, reading my book “Julia Child: Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 10, 2016
- Best ever History and Political Science classesUp at 6:30, breakfast at 7:30, on the bus at 8:30, the Study Tour rhythm begins.
Breakfast was rich with stories of all the adventures and discoveries made by everyone last night. Totals steps walked ranged from 14,000 Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 9, 2016
- Day 10 - Downtown in FlorenceWe took to the streets of Florence today to explore on our own. Nothing against tourists but there were bloody massive groups of tourists everywhere! More than we have seen anywhere else so far. We set off walking with the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 9, 2016
- Arrival in RomeWe are certainly living le dolce vita here in Rome. The last 26 hours has been a whirlwind of wonderful experiences. Thanks to all the folks who made sure the entire team made it to the airport on Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 9 - to FlorenceToday was a travel day with a later start then off to catch the very fast train to Florence. It was very fast - averaging 250 kilometres an hour and virtually no indication of the speed we were travelling at. Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 8 - Rome sojourn is ending!With a 9 am start we had time for breakfast so we were able to wander down the street to a local café and look at the views!
Day 8 was supposed to be an easy no walking day. Kiron had Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 7, 2016
- Day 7 - Visiting a new country!Today was spent in Vatican City State - adding another country to our list of ones visited.
The day started early with us needing to be at a special meeting point for a tour of the Scavi. So we grabbed a Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 6, 2016