- Day 21Reta started off the day driving. We drove from Venice to Bolzano (Bozen - in German)
The drive often reminded us of trips we have taken to Yellowstone or through Colorado in that the highway followed a river and we Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 21, 2016
- When In Rome...It's the end of the first day on our trip, and we are currently in the heart of Rome, Italy. We are exhausted. We've been up since sunrise, when the light streamed through our bedroom window, and returned to the Posted by laubstravel in Before We Grow Up | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 5: Verona to Florence...giant everything!Day 4 – Verona to Florence – 20 April 2016
Have you ever been somewhere you know to be beautiful, you know others have loved, has exceptional history, and yet you cannot find the joy in it? That was my experience Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 20This morning we got an early start and walked to a bus stop that would take us to Venice. It was an easy walk of about 20 minutes.
The bus was not full when we got on but all the Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 19We thought we would bring this up before we forget to discuss how coffee is made in Italy. Picture 768 shows a miniscule coffee pot.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_0768_-..cup_and_pot.jpg caption=Looks like a normal coffee cup and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 19, 2016
- Day 4: Venice to Verona and my epic pasta fail!Venice – Day 3 – Tuesday 19th April
This morning, my last in Venice, I was viciously woken by the sound of a loud fire alarm! No wait, that’s just SOME IDIOT’S ALARM CLOCK!!! IN A HOSTEL!!! IN A SHARED DORM!!! Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 19, 2016
- Day 3: Venice..a Doge, a goose, and a colourful adventure!Venice – Day 3 – 18th April
As the creepy hot air emanating from the decades-old hair-dryer attempted to puff its way to victory, I had plenty of time to contemplate my third day in Venice. I’ve never been so happy Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 19, 2016
- Day 2: A flood, St Mark's piazza and Coleono's ballsVenice – Day 2 – 17th April 2016
A simple brekky of croissants and jam await each morning, complete with freshly made cappuccino. The hostel is in a beautiful old building near the S. Zaccharia vaporetto stop, a short stroll up Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 19, 2016
- Day 1: Lost in VeniceVenice – Day 1 – 16th April 2016
Several people said the most exciting feeling of travel is the drive to the airport; the last step after the months of planning before the actual adventure begins. Quite true. A relatively normal, Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 19, 2016
- Day 18Good Evening, Buona Sera
Today we chose to use the Hop On/Hop Off Bus to tour Milan. There are three routes and we took all three bus rides. This took us about 4 hours.
Our pictures for today are not the best Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 18, 2016
- Day 17After we sent out our email/blog yesterday we took a couple of pictures of Mont Blanc that show better how stunning it is. Mont Blanc is 4,809 metres high or 15,780 feet high. It is the highest mountain Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 17, 2016
- Day 15We started our day with a breakfast provided by our hosts. We discussed what was the best way to see the Cinque Terre five towns along the Mediterranean coast in northern Italy.
Our lodgings are located in the town of Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 15, 2016
- Day 14We woke up early this morning and got packed up and out to the street where our ride to our car was to meet us.
While we waited we had one last glance at Michelangelo's David.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_0609_O..ok_at_David.j Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 14, 2016
- Day 13This morning we set off to do a walking tour of Florence. We turned right out of our apartment and there we were looking at Palazzo Vecchio and directly ahead of us was Michelangelo's David. Our apartment is Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 13, 2016
- Day 12We got off to a good start this morning with Reta driving. Our plan was to drive to Bologna and take the City Bus tour and then have lunch and drive on to Florence (Firenze).
Reta managed to get our car Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 12, 2016
- Day 10Buona Sera (Good late afternoon)
Today we left our agriturismo (farm stay) at Casale Favilluta in Umbria near Assisi after a quiet country night and drove to the country of San Marino.
Reta took pictures of the farm site before we left.
[img=http Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 10, 2016
- Day 9Hello from our restful farm stay called "Casale Favilluta"
After we got our luggage downstairs Art went off to retrieve our car from the parking garage where it had spent the last four nights. When he arrived at the building Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 9, 2016
- Day 8We were awakened at 2 AM by our SaskTel iphone ringing. As this phone number is only given to persons who can use it for emergencies we were awake instantly. Reta, who thought she had turned it off and hidden Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 8, 2016
- Day 7This morning we set off to see the Sorrentine Peninsula/Amalfi Coast. This area is south of Naples about 25 kilometres (15.5 miles).
We stopped for gas. Yes, this car is gas driven while many others are Diesel. Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 7, 2016
- Day 6Buonasera (Good Evening)
Today we took some time to take pictures of our surroundings.
We thought you all would enjoy the picture of a balloon placed in our room. We are conceited enough to think it was placed in our honour.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 6, 2016
- Day 5Buon Giorno!
Art extends his thank you to all who have expressed concern about his fall and dental injury. He appreciated your love, concern and humour. He is healing well and up to his old tricks.
We had quite the day Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 6, 2016
- streetsoup driving in ItaliaWhen you plan to go to the Continent you get a lot of advice from those who have done before or reckon they have. Prepareth for the lesson:
1. I was told by the transfer bus driver who drove me from Posted by Mango3 in streetsoup | Apr 4, 2016
- Day 4This morning we walked about two blocks from our vacation rental to the tram station for this district and caught the tram going to Rome "Il Centro" (downtown Rome). This was a very quick and comfortable ride. The Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 4, 2016
- Day ThreeWe woke this morning at 10 am even though it is Sunday and we were aware of church bells ringing a few times during our sleep.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_0236_c..tween_steps.jpg caption=challenging stairs up to our rental, almo Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 3, 2016
- Day 2We arrived at the Rome airport about 8:30 AM Saturday April 2, 2016 after a restless night trying to sleep on the plane. By the time we arrived at our Vacation Rental we had been awake for 35 hours. We Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 3, 2016