- Day 102 - To RomaOff to Rome today!!
That was our last night in a tent - hurray! We are all a bit tired, and Rowan and Taran have colds, Taran ulcers too. But we are all happy, and have not minded the adventure. Rowan Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 101 - FollonicaDay 101 - Follinica
Sun is shining today, we have planned to visit Follinica - 30 mins away - to sort some more internet data while in Italy. (The irony is that the store we visited didn't have any internet so Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 100 - RainApparently this is the worst summer they have had in Italy for some years. It never rains. Well, it rained again today for most of the day. We were all hunkered down in the tent, reading, eating, sorting travel plans Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 99 - Firenze (Day 2)Today we awoke to an overcast and cold day not being sure how it was going to turn out, so we planned accordingly to cover the bases for rain and sun. As it turned out it was going to be Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Siena - A fantastic medieval citySeptember 12,2014
Trying new things, expanding one's experiences is an adventure to me. It is not always completely comfortable at first, and can even create some anxiety. The benefit is the great satisfaction of completing what one set out Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 98 - Quiet DayNothing much to tell about today. We slept in, went to Donoratico for groceries, put a load of washing on...etc etc. Frank came around for a chat. We had offered to help him out on his busy day during the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 13Today we did a coach tour to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius through City Wonder Tours (this tour and the Tuscany Wine tour were booked through our travel agent; the Vatican City tour through the USO we booked ourselves via the Posted by 30daysineurope in 30 Days in Europe | Sep 14, 2014
- Getting StartedHow I had wish I had more time to get ready for this trip. Having moved into a rental just a few months ago I cannot find my camera, many of my travel items and of course the jacket Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 14, 2014
Wow we have arrived and Venice looks beautiful - a unique city built on water💦💧. Have uploaded heaps of photos so be sure to check them out.📷📷📷📷📹📹📹
We arri Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 12, 2014
- Thurdsay - the ancient sites of RomeOur first full day in Rome...how exciting. We were up early and ready for our two tours for the day...one in the morning to the Colosseum and Roman Forum the other in the afternoon seeing the main sights in the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 13, 2014
- Wednesday was our final day in FlorenceWe awoke early. Florence had decided to show its anger at our eminent departure with a VERY localised and spectacular Lightening and Thunder show. The Roman gods must have been very upset we were leaving, and let us know about Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 12, 2014
- Tuesday and we headed to Venice for the dayWe had a full day ahead of us. We were taking a 2 hour train trip to Venice, to do a tour, and return.
We made our lunch, and we were out the door by just before 9.00, and walked to Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 11, 2014
- Monday and we did a half day tour of FlorenceWe were up and keen to get into exploring Florence proper. We had a guided tour of Florence booked as seen through the eyes of Dan Brown’s novel Inferno, which in turn was partly inspired by Dante’s poem, The Divine Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 11, 2014
- L'AperitivoThe Italiani have a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the day - with an aperitivo. Go straight from work to a multitude of offerings of drinks and snacks. Monday night was aperitivo night at the school so off Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice day twooday is the day to shop......alone!!
Breakfast is just lively on the terrace at the front of the hotel on the canal. A great spread and lovely service.......although a little slow.....they all work on Venice time.....
Alura..........we head off Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Venice, Venice, Venice We get ready and go to Michaels club for breakfast and tea before being ushered off the ship. We say our goodbyes to the staff who have been fabulous.
We are picked up from the ship and walked Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 11, 2014
- Sunday we wandered the streets of FlorenceSunday
On Sunday morning we woke up with no food in the house. Dad set off to find a grocery store. An hour later he returned empty handed – like one of his many fishing trips. It turned out that no Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 10, 2014
- Cruising in to VeniceAnother lovely breakfast in Blu just before they close. After brekky as we start to enter Venetian waters and sit looking through the large picture windows Stoiny is walking around doing something........next thing I know he comes out of Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 10, 2014
- ItalyWe decided for our last full day in Cinque Terre that we would go to La Spezia for the day. Being a Sunday it was pretty quite, so we opted to go to the maritime museum. There was a lot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- Garda & BormioLeft Verona in glorious sunshine and 20 degrees, keeping off the motorway we get stuck in horrendous traffic, the temp is on the way into the mid 20's. On to Garda and join the northbound coast road, taking a turn Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Day 97 - Cinque Terre==Cinque Terre (the five lands)==
We set off from camp at 8am, and the one and a half hour journey flew by. Highways this time. At one port there were huge piles of stone - this is a shot of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Competition TimeBreakfast early as we're heading off further south today, 250 miles and into Italy for a night in ?
The obligatory leaving group shots by our hosts from Gasthof Hochalmspitze - That'll be on' Face-ache' anytime now then! And Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 9, 2014
- Day 96 - Castegnato CarducciWe all slept really well last night, except poor Danny whose head was buzzing and wouldn't turn off. We got up late to another pleasant summers day. The girls and I did dishes and met a nice young man Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Day 95 - FirenzeFather's Day today! Rowan didn't get breakfast in bed, or any gifts (too difficult to find or to fit in the car), but the kids gave him some special notes they'd written. We had previously organised to go to Florence Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Day 94 - Castegnato CarducciToday was a quiet day, giving us time to catch up on a couple of loads of washing, kids travel journals etc. The girls went swimming at the campground pool. The trouble with relaxing is that all of a sudden Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014