- London to Pisa, Pisa to Lucca, ItalyIt was up early to catch our very early taxi to Heathrow Airport. We got delivered to our terminal and soon found our check in counter. We flew British Airways. We were very impressed with this large Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 13, 2015
- SorrentoTime to leave Rome. We left our apartment via a vcool Fiat taxi. As it arrived, I was thinking that it looked a bit small for the 3 of us and our luggage. Needn't have worried, it Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 12, 2015
- Day 3Woke early to make sure I would get to class on time for my first day. Grabbed a still-warm pain au chocolat and a large coffee to eat on the way. The pastry was heavenly & won’t be Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 12, 2015
- Day 2Had a fantastic sleep & woke just before 10am to gorgeous sunshine after the rain yesterday – no jetlag at this stage, so I’m very happy indeed!
The view out my lounge window - love that bl Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- Day 1 (and a half!)Well, ain’t life interesting? Uneventful flights from Auckland to Hong Kong, then on to Zurich. I did manage to get a few winks in the 12 hours or so to Zurich, and it was a night flight so Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 10, 2015
- Rome - last dayA lovely sunny day in Rome today.
We walked to Vatican City.
The Canadians from Florence had warned us about the queues, (which were immense and of no interest to us to join).
Approaching, you are hastled by numerout touts most of Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- RomeUp early for a longish drive to Rome.
We took the A1 and I saw the point where in May 1980 my car was totallwd by Ricardo whose wheel fell off!
The trip was uneventful except 650 metres before we arrived at Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 7, 2015
- FlorenceWoke to rain.
It was showers, so there were clear moments too.
We went out for breakfast unprepared for the rain and had to shelter on the way home.
Then we went for a 2.5 hour walk around the town.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/67004 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- Cars & FlorenceWe walked into town and had coffee. Justin worked out that we had walked for about 38 hours in not much more than two weeks - that's not including small walks.
Then it was off to Lamborghini for some petrol-head stuff.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Rome & the VaticanOur first full day in Rome was scheduled to be spent in the Vatican. Well half of the day was spent admiring the amazing artefacts and works of art in the museum. I’m fairly certain by the end, as most Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Oct 4, 2015
- San MarinoIt was pissing with rain when we went out for breakfast, so much so that I stopped at the first possible place - the coffee was still good.
As we had walked into the centre yesterday, we decised to drive to Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- Riva to BolognaWe started the morning with a walk around Riva.
We then headed south to Modena where we visitd the Museo Enzo Ferrari. It was quite interesting.
[img=http:// Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Roaming in RomeWhat an introduction to Rome! Our train was late coming in, which wasn't too much of an issue - however we joined the taxi queue from the station only to have to wait nearly an hour as taxis dribbled into Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Oct 3, 2015
- More RivaLast day in beautiful Riva.
We all walked up the hill to Chiesa di Santa Barbara, a chapel perched 545 metres vertically up. The path there is 2.6 Ks. There was a spirit of competition, as Igor's fastest time up was Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 2, 2015
- Can't See the Alps for the Rain CloudsWell it can certainly rain here. We left for Turin mid-morning, not in a particular hurry to get away. When the rain began to pickup we thought we had better make a start and said our goodbyes. As we Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Oct 2, 2015
- Venice – Light and DarkLike the lightness of the sparkling jewels in the Murano glass stores and the darkness of the San Marco Basilica, the weather over the last 36 hours was both magic (for a short time) and cold, cloudy with a touch Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Oct 2, 2015
- A Day To Recharge, Reflect, RefreshThe temperatures may have been dropping, but at least we had the sun to warm us until now. Today we woke to rain as forecast and many of us rolled over and went back to sleep in our cozy Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- RivaJustin & I went tor a walk through Riva to Torbole, south of Riva. A major river runs into the lake here.
This took just over two hours.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- In Hot WaterKody joined us for another weekend adventure away from the busy city of Florence and his studies. We drove from Bolsena to the sulphur hot springs in Saturnia. The springs are very popular with the locals. Although crowded when Posted by Laskody111 in B & Lee Travels | Oct 1, 2015
- Venice – what an entranceCouldn’t believe that the cruise ship sailed right past San Marco! I kept saying sorry in my head to all those people down on the ground, trying to take a nice shot across the lagoon only to have a big Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 30, 2015
- Tour de TuscanySuch a day! I am trying very hard to keep up with this blog, and here it is midnight again. Today started early enough, for us, with a short (relatively) drive a couple of hills over into Montaione. Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 30, 2015
- Chilly Nights, Hot Days, Snooker BocceThe nights are suddenly much chillier. We have to dress warmly inside and out and have all put lovely warm wool blankets on our beds. This villa, as all others, has been built to keep out the heat, the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 29, 2015
- Venice to RivaWe left Venice for the airport to collect a hire car - a Lancia thia is 1.2 litre and more gutless than the Spanish Seat I had in Spain.
We planned a drive on roads Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 30, 2015
- RomeWith much trepidation, I start the second entry. I'm cautiously optimistic that, having changed to Firefox, all of my problems are behind me. The reason for my optimism is that when I tried to upload photos, the Travellerspoint program Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 16, 2015
- Under the Tuscan Cloudy SkyThe day started out cloudy and the temperature has dropped. Made the drive back into Pisa to get Pats and Bruce. Their flight from Buda Pest was short and uneventful but they had to wake at 4am to Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 28, 2015