- "CINEMA PARADISO" and more...
The movie "Cinema Paradiso" was filmed in Sicily, and released in 1988. It was a great hit, and justifiably so. Part of the film was shot in the very lovely town square of Palazzo Adriano. Infact, the cinema Posted by ADAMYAMEY in FROM ALBANIA TO SICILY | Jan 11, 2017
- VeniceVenice was probably the top place on my to see list. But I decided to wait until the weather would be slightly warmer, so Venice was my last trip abroad of second semester.
[center][/center Posted by Ciara-Gissane in My adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Albanians in Sicily for hundreds of years[center][/center]
Today, many refugees from the Middle east, Africa, and elsewhere, have been landing in Sicil Posted by ADAMYAMEY in FROM ALBANIA TO SICILY | Jan 10, 2017
- ROME PART ARome really is the eternal city. There is no other like it for ancient history coexisting with the modern world. Rome, Italy’s capital, is a sprawling, cosmopolitan city with nearly 3,000 years of globally influential art, architecture and culture on Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Jan 6, 2017
- Days 29 and 30Hello everyone!
It has been much slower in Venice than Rome and Florence, which for me personally hasn't been ideal. However I have managed to fit a few things in despite the slow starts and fluctuating enthusiasm of my travel Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 26, 2016
- Day 28Hello!
It was a slow start today and there were a number of bumps in the road, so there aren't many eventful things to report on, but I did get to explore Venice a little bit! We got out late and Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Days 26 and 27Hello everyone!
Unfortunately I had a few issues with accessing my blog yesterday so I'm a little behind. We didn't do much in Florence on Wednesday even though it was a beautiful day. I went out earlier than the others just Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Day 25Hello everyone,
today was another slow, wet day. Our tickets from the bell tower and duomo also allowed us to get into the Baptistry, so we thought we would have a look. I'm glad we did. It's a small building but Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 20, 2016
- Venice, Italy===Venice, Italy===
It was back to Italy for a weekend trip, this time to Venice. The capital of the Vento region in the north east of Italy, Venice is made up of over 115 small islands separated by canals and Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Dec 20, 2016
- Day 24Hello everyone!
It's only been about 12 hours since my last post, but I managed to get a bit done today because I finally got to explore Florence properly! It was one of the things I had been looking forward to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Day 23Hello!
I am writing this a day late after finally getting a good night's sleep! IT's been a long 3 weeks! We had a little bit of a wander around the area we were staying in, which turned out to not Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 19, 2016
- Days 18-22Hello from Sorrento!
It has been too long since my last post, but things have been very busy and not at the same time, so I have had lots going on but little to say. But what a week. Go to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 18, 2016
- Ragusa and Syracuse, SicilyAfter driving around Italy in 2008 Shelly and I swore we'd never drive in Italy again, but to get around in Sicily we decided we had no other option. We hired a little Renault Megane and although it was Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Dec 17, 2016
- Day 16 and 17Hello!
I am a bit late posting yesterday's blog as it has been a busy couple of days, but here we go. We were very lucky to have a late start at 10 am. We got on the train to Florence Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 12, 2016
- Day 15Hi everyone,
today was a huge day and I think the day our poor lecturers enjoyed least. We hopped back on a bus at 8am, watching the sunrise as we headed off to Tarquinia. There was a little confusion as to Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 10, 2016
- Day 13Hello!
Today's entry will be very short but I wanted to document my first visit to Florence, as it is one of the things I have been most excited about for the trip! It was our day off so we slept Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 8, 2016
- Day 11Hello everyone,
today was our first full day in Prato and first day of classes. We had some very interesting lectures in the morning and then did some study and exploration. I found a statue that reminds me a little of Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 6, 2016
- Day 10Hello everyone,
today we said goodbye to Rome and to long days wandering among ruins. We were meant to be on the bus at 8:30 to Prato, but, in what I am assured is true Italian style, the bus was two Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 5, 2016
- Day 9Hello!
Today was our last day in Rome. We weren't really here for much of the day but we have one more night before leaving for Prato. Today involved a bit of bussing around the countryside to reach the day's sites. Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 4, 2016
- Day 8Hello!
Today was our day off to do as we pleased in Rome. Although the week has been very enjoyable, we were all looking forward to a day to ourselves and some recovery time for our poor brains, stuffed with new Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 3, 2016
- Day 7Hello everyone,
today was a little different to the last few days because the two sites we visited in the morning were founded in ancient Rome and built upon in later periods, and the rest of the day was spent in Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 2, 2016
- Mangia mangia mangia!On Friday morning we checked out of our Airbnb apartment, completing the interaction solely in Italian. Admittedly, there was not a lot of complexity to the conversation, but we still felt rather triumphant as we walked out the door. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 2, 2016
- Day 6Good evening,
today was an excellent day. I have said it in the two previous posts, but this one takes the cake. If you go to Rome, you MUST go to Ostia. No maybes, no excuses. There have been some stunners Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 1, 2016
- On the hunt for granitaWe were at the airport with plenty of time to spare - plenty of time for people watching, and more than ample time to eat our ftira with salami and cheese. I’m not sure than Hungarian salami and double Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 30, 2016
- Day 4Hello hello!
today was a very big day and the cold has finally started to set in in the form of icy winds, but the sky was still clear and blue and the sites were incredible!
We began at the Basilica Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Nov 29, 2016