- PedroniLater that same afternoon...
We sampled all things grape: from jam to vinegar balsamico to wine to grappa. We zig-zagged our way up to Modena, Matthew drove and I manned the gps, that we named Regina (pronounced Ree-jine-ah). She often didn't Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 29, 2015
- Taking rides from strangersIt was buono fortuna that we ran into an old man and his two dogs at the abandoned house at the top of a hill. Even better was that he had a truck and was willing to give us a Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 29, 2015
- Dovè Carpineti?Paying a taxi ten euro was such a ripoff, yet worth every cent if it saved us from lugging our luggage up the mountain to the Varenna- Esino train station. We were warned to validate our tickets before boarding, or Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 28, 2015
- Cuomo 2We're locals. We had cappucino with breakfast and espresso for a mid-afternoon boost. We took the batello navetta. It was an all day, mid-lake ferry service. Lake Como is shaped like a man. Varenna is at mid-hip and Bellagio is Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 27, 2015
- Cuomo 1"Wanna just stay here and nix the rest of our trip?" Matthew asked. "I don't know how anything can top this." The mountains are huge, the lake water sparkly and the villages quaint, nestled colorfully in the mountain nooks. Our Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 26, 2015
- Hangin with the FonziesL clapped along with the Euros when our hunk o' junk landed safely in Roma. Our Alitalia plane was a rickety time machine mess from 1955. There was one screen we squinted to see halfway up the aisle. The legroom Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jun 25, 2015
- RomeWe flew into Rome from Istanbul and it was very hot when we arrived. We stayed in an apartment. The next morning we went to the Colosseum and it was very hot. The Romans built the Colosseum. The Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jul 13, 2015
- Leaving Venice and ItalyUnfortunately our Wifi was out yesterday so I am writing this before we get on our train for Germany. Yesterday we got a busboat to the train station and took our time walking back to our hotel. We got to Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 12, 2015
- Friends, family, a road trip and a wedding-Part 1[img=http://photos.trave Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jul 12, 2015
- Trying to get to Lake Maggiore20 June. Left France behind (for a while) and caught train from Nice via Ventimiglia to Genoa where we are due to pick up a hire car and drive to Lake Maggiore. Sounds straightforward when you say it quickly.
Short hop Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jul 12, 2015
- Delete AllI'm feeling sick to my stomach, as I deleted all the pictures from my camera card while putting them on my iPad. Oops, big mistake! It is 36' here today in Verona so we got an early start and were Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 12, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Gervės ieško namųBesikuisdamas jachtos podėliuose, iš visai retai naudojamos triumo kertės iškėliau dvi senas gerves. Veikia gerai, bet modelis senas, be virvės fiksavimo ir nuvedimo žiaunos. Išmesti lyg ir gaila, bet žinau, kad pats jų tikrai nenaudosiu. Lyg ir reiktų jų Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jul 12, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Per plauką nuo mirties, bet liko gyvas
Gal reiktų sakyti "per špykį", o ne per plauką. Nes mano sulankstomas dviratukas plaukų neturi visai, o špykių visas pilnas. Tačiau šianakt į vyko drama, kurios met Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jul 11, 2015
- Beautiful VeniceOur first full day in Venice was one of beautiful scenery, good food, and endless jokes about dad
I'll be completely honest, at first i thought all of the streets in Venice would be water. As it turns out there are Posted by M_S_Lees in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 11, 2015
- Hot Siena
After a lit bit of confusion over where we should be waiting thanks to a not so good Busabout guide, we got the bus and made it Siena. It was just over an hour and a half drive and we Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 11, 2015
- DAY 58 - Saturday 27th June - Portovenere to Cinque Terre toWoke up feeling more tired than i did before i went to sleep...well with what i could remember before going to sleep! Danni was sparko so as we are parked by the beach why not go for an early morning Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jul 9, 2015
- DAY 57 - Friday 26th June - Sestri Levante to Portofino toAfter a dip in the pool (yes cap borrowed again for the privilege!) its time for the 4 minute shower challenge as i mentioned yesterday. Danni found out from a fellow camper that 4 minutes is all you've got so Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jul 9, 2015
- DAY 56 - Thursday 25th June - Agliano Terme to GenovaThe alarm clock goes off...but its such an unusual sound that it takes me a while to figure out what was ringing right by my head!! Yes it's been a while since i've needed a wake up call but a) Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jul 9, 2015
- DAY 55 - Wednesday 24th June - Nice to Monaco to Turin toIts an early rise as a) we need to fit in Nice as yesterday was an epic failure and b) its only a car park we're sleeping in so not much to hang around for. Oh the glamour of travelling Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jul 9, 2015
- July 5, 2015 Italy!!!Today is Sunday.
> After waking up in San Leonardo Italy, we walked down to
the breakfast room from our thoroughly modern room-- meaning a bathroom half the
size of our room with a rack for heating towels, THE most modern Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- July 5, 2015 Italy!!! Photos[im Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Firenze (Florence)We arrived in Florence yesterday by train around 11-ish. The train was great it wasn't too busy, loads of room(compared to the buses and flights we've taken so far) and it only took an hour and twenty minutes. When we Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 8, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Svečiuose pas fašistus.
Lygiai savaitę plaukėme kartu su Dovydu ir Gražina, svečiais ant Billabong iš Klaipėdos. Plaukėm visai be streso, neskubėdami, nuo vienos inkaruotės iki kitos. Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jul 8, 2015
- OrvietoWell we got onto the bus barely awake in Rome to travel to Orvieto. The trip was only a very short one about 2 hours. To get to the centre of Orvieto you have to go up a funicular as Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 8, 2015
- CalatabianoSince the last post, Matt and I went to the Aeolian Island of Lipari and the city of Milazzo. We also had another (huge) dinner with our cousins in Oliveri!
Yesterday, Matt and I set out for Calatabiano, the town Posted by rubipool in Matt and Sue's Europe Trip 2015 | Jul 8, 2015