- Day 17: Rome, ItalyWell, internet troubles abound in Europe. They really don't want you uploading pictures, evidently. I'm going to give this a go, though the pictures are only mine, not Steven's. For our first full day in Rome, we took a half-day Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 29, 2016
- Road to ComoWandering Venice on our last day was a carefree look down the alleyways and shops that we passed days earlier. Hop on, hop off the water transport as we criss cross the Grand Canal. Early evening we had a Gondola Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 27, 2015
- Venice toBurano[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 25, 2015
- Venice[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 26, 2015
- My Beautiful SoulLooking back it’s hard to say how exactly both my energy and I fit on to the train carriage. I boarded my train bound for Sondrio, a journey of about 2 hours in which I was looking forward to looking Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jun 28, 2016
- Day 16: Rome, ItalyAfter a restless night of sleep due to the extreme heat, we were up at 6 in preparation for our multi-step journey to Rome. We had to walk about 10 minutes to the water bus stop, take the bus to Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 26, 2016
- Day TwoThe first thing we did in the morning was take a guided tour of the Roman Colosseum and Forum. It was rather hot, but we got to see an amazing view of the inside of the Colosseum, as well as Posted by sweeney04 in Italy Vacation 2016 | Jun 26, 2016
- Il GuercinoStarting from today, June, 18th, inside of San Lorenzo church in Cento (Corso Guercino 47/1) is taking place an exhibition of the best Guercino paintigs from Pinacoteca of Cento, which is still closed after the earthquake of 2012. Among them Posted by Svetlana I in Visit Italy | Jun 26, 2016
- Day OneA quick summary of the hours spent travelling to Italy by plane: It was boring, tiring, and uneventful. We did, however, get a nice view of the Alps when we passed from France to Italy. We were able to see Posted by sweeney04 in Italy Vacation 2016 | Jun 25, 2016
- Heading Home...once you get there.
Nothing can slam you back into reality faster than the stress of making a flight. Oceania booked our flights, and our return flight to Philadelphia is scheduled to depart at 11:50 AM, with boarding at 11:05. Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 25, 2016
- Days 14 & 15: Venice, ItalyWe took a 7 hour train ride through the scenic Austrian and Italian countryside to arrive in Venice. We saw many small towns nestled among the mountains and beautiful rivers and lakes. We did have to switch trains 1.5 hours Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 24, 2016
- Sorrento - Day 12Arriving at Sorrento was a bit like coming home. This is our third trip to this beautiful town. Charlie and I were here in 1996, and we returned with Ryan and Cynthia in 2006. Now, we Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 24, 2016
- All Roads Lead to RomeBleary eyed I wait patiently in immigration. My turn arrives, my Italian immigration official is talking to his colleague. I stand there awkwardly, I’ve approached the desk ‘to quickly’ and been reprimanded before. He reaches a hand for my passport, Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jun 23, 2016
- Taormina - Day 11Welcome to Sicily, the land of the Godfather. When I turned 40, and Charlie asked if I wanted a birthday party, I replied that I would rather have a trip. This was after watching the movie "Only You" Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 23, 2016
- Day at Sea - Day 10Seas were rougher than anticipated last night, and we have experienced the "motion of the ocean" today as well, as we head toward Italy.
The day started with the sheer delight of not having to wake up to the alarm. Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Athens to Rome | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 17 FlorenceOur last day travelling together.
Highlights of today were guided tours of two major galleries and a timed entry to climb the massive dome of Florence cathedral.
First stop the Uffizzi Gallery. This place is similar to the Louvre or Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 19, 2016
- Day 16 Castellina in Chianti to FlorenceWe decided against an optional extra bike ride this morning. Six days was enough. We caught a taxi to Poggibonsi and then a train to Florence. That gave us the afternoon to explore this marvel of a city.
Again we Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 15 last day of riding - San Gimignano to CastellinaDay 15. Sixth day of riding
Set off from the beautiful town of San Gimignano by exiting from one of the ancient city gates. Downhill for a distance. Downhill has become one of my favourite things. Uphill not so much. We Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 16, 2016
- Goodbye to ItalyWell today we spent our last full day in Italy, roaming the glass shops of Murano and snapping photos of the colourful houses of Burano. It is a shame I didn't get to these places on my last trip Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 16, 2016
- Day 14 Photos. San GimignanoLocal speciality - pici
Some of the towers of San Gimignano
To Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 16, 2016
- Day 14. Fifth day of riding - to San GimignanoDay 14. Fifth day of riding. The distance from Siena to San Gimignano on back roads was more than 70 kms, so Ciccloposse picked us up this morning and gave us a lift to a point 30kms from San Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 16, 2016
- Day 13 photos SienaSiena Cathedral library
Siena main piazza and town hall tower
Christine in the countryside
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 15, 2016
- Day 13 fourth day of riding - to SienaDay 13 Fourth day of riding. From Montalcino to Siena. It was supposed to be 51km but we think we clocked more like 53.
It was a massive downhill out of Montalcino - approx 10 km before we hit Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 15, 2016
- VeniceHello. Well despite the storm and rain gods making last night impossible to sleep (especially with a frightened child climbing into your bed) we eventually got the train(25 mins) to Venice as the sun shone. Again Venice stole Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 15, 2016
- PaduaGreetings we spent the day exploring this delightful city. Fortunately very close to where we were staying was the Scorvegni Chapel. The frescoes inside the chapel are considered a masterpiece and date from the 14th century. The roof Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 15, 2016