- We have arrived in Portofino, ItalyWe've arrived to our first stop in Italy: Portofino
Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 21, 2016
- THIRD Continent Europe ==Seoul to Europe==
Seoul to Italy Route Details
Total Distance between them: 8965.63 km
Avg. Flight Time: 11hours, 29mins
Rome, the city of seven hills, enjoyed a mythic beginning. Romulus and Remus — twin brothers who were nursed by a she-wolf Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 19, 2016
- All roads lead to Rome...===Two Scoops is enough===
While we were in Florence, we had the privilege of visiting, not one, but two very well-stocked Galleries: the Accademia, where we gazed with wonder and artistic appreciation of arguable the most famous sculpture in the world Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 18, 2016
- Day 13 - Island hoppingAfter a light breakfast at the motel we went down and bought day tickets for the water bus. What a great idea - it meant we could hop on and off as we wanted, making snap decisions, changing our minds Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 12, 2016
- Day 12 - VeniceSo farewell to Florence and the nosiest but most spacious and well appointed apartment. We decided to get a taxi to the railway station as pushing luggage over cobblestones whilst dodging cars, vespers, pushbikes and people is a difficult way Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 11, 2016
- Northern Italy===Travelling Light... The truth weighs heavy on our hearts!!===
We sat down before we started this Blog and asked ourselves what we would call it: 'Jen & Eil DO Euro Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 10, 2016
- Day 11 - Pisa day tripWe walked down to the railway station and got a train to Pisa today. The trip took about an hour and went through some amazing countryside. We got a really good snapshot of the rural areas and in particular the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 10, 2016
- Itali(u), I Don't Want to LeaveThis blog entry comes two weeks late, I'll admit. My two day trip (yes that short) to Italy to see the Cinque Terra and Venice was as last minute a trip as is possible. I had booked 3 flights (no Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 10, 2016
- Day 15 - I hiked in Monterosso! And other local legends...Last night I had one of my favourite meals in Italy! At L’Osteria, just a moment’s walk from my accommodation, was a delicious traditional Italian restaurant. I sat at what would become a communal table, reading my book “Julia Child: Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 10, 2016
- Best ever History and Political Science classesUp at 6:30, breakfast at 7:30, on the bus at 8:30, the Study Tour rhythm begins.
Breakfast was rich with stories of all the adventures and discoveries made by everyone last night. Totals steps walked ranged from 14,000 Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 9, 2016
- Day 10 - Downtown in FlorenceWe took to the streets of Florence today to explore on our own. Nothing against tourists but there were bloody massive groups of tourists everywhere! More than we have seen anywhere else so far. We set off walking with the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 9, 2016
- Arrival in RomeWe are certainly living le dolce vita here in Rome. The last 26 hours has been a whirlwind of wonderful experiences. Thanks to all the folks who made sure the entire team made it to the airport on Posted by HMGT Tour 2016 in SAIT HMGT Study Tour 2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 9 - to FlorenceToday was a travel day with a later start then off to catch the very fast train to Florence. It was very fast - averaging 250 kilometres an hour and virtually no indication of the speed we were travelling at. Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 8, 2016
- Day 8 - Rome sojourn is ending!With a 9 am start we had time for breakfast so we were able to wander down the street to a local café and look at the views!
Day 8 was supposed to be an easy no walking day. Kiron had Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 7, 2016
- Day 7 - Visiting a new country!Today was spent in Vatican City State - adding another country to our list of ones visited.
The day started early with us needing to be at a special meeting point for a tour of the Scavi. So we grabbed a Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 6, 2016
- Day 6 - Rome walkingToday we met up with our personal guide Kiron who had been recommended by a friend.
She met us in the morning and took us on a tour of the Forum and Colosseum. Along the way she told us lots Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 5, 2016
- Attempts at being Culturally & Culinarily Delighted..===The Tour!!!===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/809050/P5310 Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | May 5, 2016
- Day 5 - Barcelona to RomeToday has been a travel day so we packed up our digs in Barcelona and came to Roma (Italy not QLD!)
The top things from Barcelona according to Channe:
2. La Sagrada Familia
3. Getting lost (AKA taking the scenic route) Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 4, 2016
- Days 11-14 - My napping-adventures through Tuscany!My Roman holiday was over and it was time to move back up to Tuscany! My train was headed for Siena, a beautiful little town outside of Florence, and after taking some wrong stairs, more stairs, up the stairs, across Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Day 10: Roman Holiday Part 2 - The VaticanWhen in Rome…you must see The Vatican!
Today was a very special, very early start, on account of having breakfast with the Pope! That’s right, a super-early morning (in the rain) of touring The Vatican museum, Sistene Chapel, and St Peter’s Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 29, 2016
- Ventimiglia Friday April 15th I returned to Torino last night with no problems. I got a very warm welcome back from the boys. Luisella had messaged me while I was gone telling me that Vittorio was sad because Kay's sons had Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Lucca Day 2Thursday April 14th Yes I have titled this entry Lucca day two even though if you count this is my fourth day in Lucca. I'm calling it day two because as you can tell from reading I haven't actually been Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Cinque TerreWednesday April 13th, today is my last full day in Lucca and before I got here I booked a trip through viator.com to go to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is a national park made up of five villages, most Posted by Bonnie7825 in Italia! | Apr 28, 2016
- Day 9: Roman Holiday Part 1- The Colossum When in Rome…you must see the Colosseum! And today was the day. I had bought a guided group tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palantine Hill, lasting several hours and covering quite a lot of ground. The tour guide Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016
- Day 8: Florence in the rain and other crank-inducing events!Florence in the rain is beautiful…when you’re undercover…and extremely inconvenient when trying to fit the most sightseeing into your final moments of a great city as you can!
I checked out of the hostel, went to the café across the road Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 27, 2016