- Montepulciano a masterpiece of TuscanySetting out from Arezzo, we travel south to the very famous hilltop town , and one I have always wanted to visit , Montepulciano. we have a a tour of the town lined up before a very special meeting with Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 16, 2014
- Tuscany based in Arezzo, a wine & food experienceThis was to be the final 4 days of what has been an amazing food & wine tour with Ben Cleary and the Benfatti Foods group.
Could we keep finding more amazing experiences in this wonderful country . Lets see Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 16, 2014
- October 22 & 23 Venice overnightVenice is something I have always wanted to experience.We were here 24hrs so sailed in and out of Venice. A hour before docking they started piping music La Serenissima and other beautiful Italian music on Deck 15. What a breathtaking Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 15, 2014
- The Ruins of RomeWe sadly left Naples & headed to Rome. It was straight off to tourist central and the constant question ... Selfie? Selfie sticks are sold everywhere and that question was never-ending the whole time we were in Rome. After Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 14, 2014
- Pizza, Pompeii and more Pizza - NaplesOur time in Naples began with a quest, a quest to find pizza and not just any pizza but mouth watering delicious wood fired Neapolitan pizza! We walked to our accommodation in the more historic area to see numerous people Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 12, 2014
- A Snow DayWe knew our time was limited in Alto Adige and there was so much to see, but we needed our rest for sure. Christine and I were pretty tired from the prep for our extended trip, had already been on Posted by BearandBunny in Matt & Christine Go Honeymoonin' | Nov 12, 2014
- October 18 Civitavecchia, Rome, ItalyOur RIL guide today was Andrea. He picked us up at ship at 0800 and we were off on our world wind day. So much packed into a short time. Most important is we all had our tickets we had Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 11, 2014
- Home cooking then Michelin dining in Romagna In preparation for todays cooking class with the bubbly Caterina at here casa we had actually visited the central markets in Modena yesterday to get the ingredients needed.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 11, 2014
- October 17 Livorno ItalyToday would be the start of our Rome in Limo tours. I had researched and knew I wanted to do Rilo tours while in Italy. A year before going Melody on our cruise critic page wanted to do the same. Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 10, 2014
- The Steep Climb to Food HappinessNow that we'd had some rest and 10 hours of sleep, we were still pretty exhausted.
Turns out that October is the area's vacation month, between hiking season and ski season. This wasn't a bad thing since it was nice Posted by BearandBunny in Matt & Christine Go Honeymoonin' | Nov 10, 2014
- The Easy 4 - 4 1/2 Hour Drive to the DolomitesMaps can be deceiving. And although I (Matt) was aware that these were mountain roads, these were particularly windy roads once we got off the autostrada and into the towns. Not only were they very windy, we were both fighting Posted by BearandBunny in Matt & Christine Go Honeymoonin' | Nov 10, 2014
- Part 2 - Mama Mia!!Roma!! Mama mia!! Ancient ruins and streets that date back more than 2000 years ago. With history oozing out of every inch of the city, how could you not love this place??
We arrived in Civitavecchia, a beautiful port town Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Nov 7, 2014
- Charismatic Hotels: Campo Imperatore, Gran Sasso MountainsCampo Imperatore on Gran Sasso Mountain is the historic location where Otto Skorzeny (Austrian soldier in WW2) freed Benito Mussolini in a [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Sasso_raid|daring commando operation]]. Today there is a hotel by the same name Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Nov 5, 2014
- Part 1 - How cruisy!Our first night cruising was a pretty good one, although as expected we are one of the few young couples on the boat by a good 30 years! In fact the average age on board is 57 - and even Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Nov 2, 2014
- Feels like the last nightToday I did Verona. I like the city. It reminds me of Florence in the sense that the tourist sites are all centred in a small radius and after walking round it once you feel like you know the city Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 30, 2014
- Final day in Munich and first day in VeronaYesterday I had a relatively quiet day in Munich. I have hit a bit of a wall on my travels and am pretty tired. It feels like good timing that I have a few days with friends in Milan coming Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 29, 2014
- Florence, Italy (2011)Florence Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- Rome, Italy (2011)Rome Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- Venice, Italy (2011)Venice Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- The best of Parmigaino Reggiano and Balsamic VinegarWe travel only 20 minutes just down the hill from our village of Castelvetro to the property known as Hombre, one of the most significant Parmigaino producers in all of Italy. We are taken on a guided tour of the Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 27, 2014
- travelling to fast car country of MaranelloWe are heading north back on the coast before moving inland at Rimini and along the motorway toward Bologna. and into Maranello, the home town of Ferrari. every minute or so there is a test driven car passing us Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 27, 2014
- A Day in the Olive GrovesAnother perfect day unfolds in Monterado, and an early morning walk discovers deer on the hillside below the Castello di Monterado, grazing in the clearings of the forest that surround the castle.
After another breakfast prepared in the ancient Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 25, 2014
- La Baita FormaggiI'm back in Australia and after 4 weeks in Bologna it was very easy to nominate my favorite hangout - La Baita Formaggi (the mountain hut of cheese...). At La Baita you could buy food to take away or sit Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 24, 2014
- A wine & local food festival in Monterado, Our stay at Castello di Monterado in Ancona coincides with a wine and food tasting in the historic cellars of the castle. A perfect opportunity to taste the best the of the regional produce. We see the wonderful folk from Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 23, 2014
- Truffles - Honey - Caves & OilAfter the incredible day of the Truffle we gather in the main Piazza in Ascoli for dinner at possibly the most famous Cafe Meletti, hosted by the Staffolani family.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 21, 2014