- Final day in Munich and first day in VeronaYesterday I had a relatively quiet day in Munich. I have hit a bit of a wall on my travels and am pretty tired. It feels like good timing that I have a few days with friends in Milan coming Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 29, 2014
- Florence, Italy (2011)Florence Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- Rome, Italy (2011)Rome Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- Venice, Italy (2011)Venice Posted by Vanessa25 in Today I Wanna Play | Oct 28, 2014
- The best of Parmigaino Reggiano and Balsamic VinegarWe travel only 20 minutes just down the hill from our village of Castelvetro to the property known as Hombre, one of the most significant Parmigaino producers in all of Italy. We are taken on a guided tour of the Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 27, 2014
- travelling to fast car country of MaranelloWe are heading north back on the coast before moving inland at Rimini and along the motorway toward Bologna. and into Maranello, the home town of Ferrari. every minute or so there is a test driven car passing us Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 27, 2014
- A Day in the Olive GrovesAnother perfect day unfolds in Monterado, and an early morning walk discovers deer on the hillside below the Castello di Monterado, grazing in the clearings of the forest that surround the castle.
After another breakfast prepared in the ancient Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 25, 2014
- La Baita FormaggiI'm back in Australia and after 4 weeks in Bologna it was very easy to nominate my favorite hangout - La Baita Formaggi (the mountain hut of cheese...). At La Baita you could buy food to take away or sit Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 24, 2014
- A wine & local food festival in Monterado, Our stay at Castello di Monterado in Ancona coincides with a wine and food tasting in the historic cellars of the castle. A perfect opportunity to taste the best the of the regional produce. We see the wonderful folk from Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 23, 2014
- Truffles - Honey - Caves & OilAfter the incredible day of the Truffle we gather in the main Piazza in Ascoli for dinner at possibly the most famous Cafe Meletti, hosted by the Staffolani family.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 21, 2014
- Truffle heaven in Ascoli PicenoWe had arrived right on dark into yet another beautiful town, Ascoli Piceno, and although we had a light dinner planned at a local trattoria we had time for a good early evening walk around the old walled city. Its Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 19, 2014
- Malpensa AirportYesterday can be summed up in 2 words: Malpensa Airport.
Here's how the day went:
- wake up at 7
- leave at 830
- arrive at airport at 930
- queue to board at 11
- flight schedule to depart 1120
- announcement at 1105: "there's Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 18, 2014
- Rome to Ascoli Piceno in Le MarcheThe crew meet us at Rome airport and we are now 2 vehicles for the ten of us, and one luggage vehicle .Beauatiful drive up through the valleys , motorway for the first 2 hours, with little villages teasing the Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 17, 2014
- Milan stopWe had one last morning in Venice so we went for a stroll and found a nice spot by the canal for a cappuccino:
On our way b Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 16, 2014
- Venice day 3Day 3 in Venice was pretty cultural and we went to a few museums/exhibitions.
In the morning we went to the Museum of Oriental Art. This was really interesting because although there were some paintings and porcelain, there was a Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 16, 2014
- The final Sardinian dinner . Our wonderful hostess Angela meets us all at 8 pm for a dinner that caps off all we have tasted and learnt since arriving in Sardinia 4 days ago we start with another amazing anti pasta, followed by a Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 15, 2014
- Rome, The Eternal City, September 2014Rome is a marvel to behold. From the remnants of the ancient Roman great buildings and monuments, to the bustling modern city that is the capital of a unified Rome.
I traveled to Rome in September to hang out with my Posted by BradB in Tales of Travels | Oct 15, 2014
- Venice day 2Day 2 we went to some of the nearby islands. We started with Murano, famous for its glass making. We watched a glass making demonstration where we saw them make a vase and a glass sculpture of a horse. It Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 15, 2014
- Venice day 1Day one in Venice was full of sightseeing. We went to St marco's square which is one of the main areas in Venice.
To get there we caught the water bus. This was very fun at the time but I am Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 14, 2014
- Lake Garda[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/30B6FA5AD1AC8F1C94C8CB029AC08390.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 13, 2014
- Barbaresco in AutunnoL'uva si chiama Nebbiolo è molto famosa di Piemonte. Barolo e Barbaresco stanno fatti di Nebbiolo e questa uva è stata dato il nome della nebbia che arriva al'Autunno quando l'uva sono maturi. Quest'anno l'estate era cattiva quindi tante l'uva Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 13, 2014
- Florence to Venice via PaviaJust a quick entry to cover the last two days. These days have been more about people than places.
Yesterday I left Florence and went to Pavia again for one night to stay with my family. I went out in the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 12, 2014
- Day 7: Spello and Assisi (10/11/2014)Saturday marked a week since we arrived in Europe, and it was unquestionably one of our favorite days of the whole trip. While Rome was lovely—and the Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and more are must-sees—the city was also a Posted by khwjlg in Our Honeymoon Adventure! | Oct 12, 2014
- Cooking up a storm in OristanoGiven that seafood is a staple in this region its no wonder that as we don aprons in the kitchen at Sa Pedrera that its seafood we will be preparing. Chef Claudio wins all the girls hearts as we Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014
- Oristano -- the base for 3 nights After the amazing Agritourisimo luncheon at Morgonongiori earlier today, another meal seemed beyond comprehension, but as we checked into Sinis Vacanze Sa Pedrera , in the rural setting between Oristano & Sinis, we were briefed on times Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014