- La Mia Macchina Nuova di Bologna e Torino.Quest'è un post molto indulgente con sé stesso...
In 1914 Maserati was founded in Bologna. The Maserati brothers took as their logo the trident of Neptune from the Fontana di Nettuno in Piazza Maggiore. I've been walking past the original source Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 9, 2014
- Basilica di San Marco and Palazzo DucaleToday was a real discovery day. Our hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute easy walk to Saint Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco). It was lots of fun looking in the shop windows as we walked- lots of coloured Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 9, 2014
- Florence!Today was another travel day as I left the Cinque Terre and made my way to Florence. Fortunately I also left the rain and found some sunshine!
As soon as I saw the cathedral when I arrived I thought I would Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 9, 2014
- VeniceWe have finally arrived here in Venice...
Our day trip was into Florence for a few hours and into the Duomo Cathedral. Luckily, there was no charge to get into this cathedral and the line to get in was just a Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 8, 2014
- Questa non è Venezia!Bologna really has canals - but it doesn't quite look like Venezia. They are remnants of days past (as early as the 12th century apparently) when the water was used to generate power for the various trades based in Bologna. Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 8, 2014
- Vaporetto to Venice
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 8, 2014
- Cinque Terre - day 2Yesterday we officially hit Monterosso, Corniglia and Manarola. Today the plan was to go to Riomaggiore and Vernazza.
We started with Riomaggiore. The train station arrives right on the coast:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/90_IMG_43 Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 8, 2014
- FlorenceOutside view if the Duomo cathedral in Florence
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 8, 2014
- Cinque Terre - Day 1Had a relaxed start to the morning as I was booked onto the 11am shuttle into town. I woke up and had breakfast outside on the patio taking in this view:
The patio is the definite hang out Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 7, 2014
- Leonardo MuseumThis is the view over Vinci from the clock tower attached to the Leonardo museum.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 7, 2014
- A day out to VinciWe drove to the town Vinci this morning, driving past dozons of plant nurseries, which was a pleasure to look at. This is where Leonardo di Vinci was born and we visited the museum displaying a lot of his inventions, Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 7, 2014
- Santa Margheritta next door to Portofino[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/323147F4082457122EB45DB63D397787.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 7, 2014
- Ho Bisogno un Taglio.I needed a haircut. I had never had a haircut in Italia before so this would be a first. With the help of the web I found a traditional barber just around the corner from home and wandered over Lunedì Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 7, 2014
- Lugano/ComoA day of four trains, and we arrived in Lugano, just over the Swiss border. We hired a car and spent a day circumnavigating Lake Como, back over in Italy. Truly beautiful scenery and lived up to its well known Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Oct 7, 2014
- Pisa's Tower still has it's lean.Today was spent in Pisa. We weren't able to drive straight up to the tower, but parked a 10 or 15 minute walk away and caught the bus in. While waiting for the bus, we were amazed how many men Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 6, 2014
- Travel DayToday was very much a travel day. I left the house in Pavia around lunchtime and caught a train to the Cinque Terre region.
The train left Pavia at 130 and I appeared to doze off and wake up at 230 Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 6, 2014
- Leaning Tower of PisaLook where we are today!
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 6, 2014
- The Wine Diaries
Roses are Red.
Wine is also Red.
Poems are hard.
Wine. Posted by nicolerousay in Gyspy Life | Oct 6, 2014
- Il Concerto - Festa di San PetronioWe wandered through Piazza Maggiore on a Monday night after aperitivo to find a classical music concerto underway. It was part of the Festa di San Petronio, patron saint of Bologna, which culminates on Sabato 4 Ottobre. The concerto had Posted by hotels_airports in Faccio un Giro... | Oct 5, 2014
- Under the Tuscan MoonWe finally arrived to Pistoia late this evening. Pistoia is in betweed Pisa and Florence in Tuscany. This place we are staying at is called Villa San Simone and our two bedroom apartemnt is simply beautiful, the best we've Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 5, 2014
- Italian TrainsThis is one of the very fast trains at Termini station.
The metro trains seem to be driven the same as cars in Rome traffic; a pretty interesting feat since they are on rails. Lots of stop/start jerking and sudden direction Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 5, 2014
- RomeI went to see the Vatican City and there were lots of things to see there. And there were nice things to look at. Some of the tbings were from the past. There were paintings that I liked looking at Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 5, 2014
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/962D99DC0D7091F9D438B3888229C433.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/thumb_962D99DC0D7091F9D Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 5, 2014
- My break in Pavia - Days 3&4Days 3&4 followed a similar trend to 1&2. Errands, organising and some rest and relaxation.
One activity of particular note was that yesterday we went to the Autunno Pavese which was basically a big food fair of food from the region:
Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 5, 2014
- The Palatine Hill and ColosseumAnother big day of walking but it was warm, lots of sunscreen slapped on. We caught the Metro to The Colosseum station and walked out of the station with the Colosseum in sight into a Greenpeace push bike ride. Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 4, 2014