- FlorenceToday we decided to go back to the leather works to have another quick little look around. We got gelato and then headed to Sante Croce. It is a beautiful church that has the graves of some of the Florentine Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Pisa & Florence! We headed off rather early towards our next destination, Florence. On the way, we stopped at the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa. Before we even got off the bus, due to the rain that had shown up, the street sellers Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Venezia! After a quick breakfast this morning, we headed on the coach to a train station. The train was only 2 stops and took us from the mainland of Italy to the island of Venice. Walking over the first bridge, we Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- So excited for.... Italy!!! This morning it wasn't such an early start, but it was a drive day again. We said our final Au Revoir to France and headed towards Italy. I have been so excited about Italy, simply because of so long I Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Bellagio Day 5 - MenaggioSundays in Italy is for relaxation and spending the time with family and friends! However, most of Italy, the USA, China, Japan, Germany and a few stray Australians all decided to descend on Bellagio for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 13, 2013
- Bellagio Day 4 - VarennaRain, thunder and lightning again last night. The morning was wet, cold and windy. But just like yesterday the afternoon turned out to be sunny, mild and just delightful. We decided to take a ferry ride to nearby Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 12, 2013
- Bellagio Day 3Wow, what a storm last night! Thunder, lightning, very strong winds and lots of rain. Quite a night. Woke to a very cool morning (-1C). The mountains covered in snow! (very unseasonal for this time of the year). Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 11, 2013
- Bellagio Day 2Thursday and it is raining off and on. We had decided not to do the suggested walk today anyway but the rain has helped us confirm that we made the right decision (as well as the notes talking about Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 10, 2013
- Torno to Bellagio - Parco Monte San Primo to GhisalloWe left the Hotel GLAVJC with a lot of regreet but also some relief. The hospitality there was above and beyond anything we could have expected. It was as though we were living in someone's very large home. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 10, 2013
- Sicily - Italy but more soWe spent almost all of Monday getting from Dubrovnik to Palermo. Don't ask - as the crow flies, it should have taken no more than 2 hours. Apparently neither crows nor airlines fly directly from Dubrovnik to Palermo. Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 9, 2013
- Torno Day 3. Como and Strada Regia Walk (8kms)Today's walk required catching the ferry from Torno to Como, then catching the funicular train to Brunate, which sits high in the mountains above the lake. The "funiculare" is a bit of a hairy ride but has been taking Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 8, 2013
- Torno Day 2 - Monte Piatto Walk (10kms)Our first serious walking day. From our hotel and up to the hamlet of Monte Piatto and back. Lots of climbing up mule tracks to houses and villages that seemingly defy a reason to exist. They Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 7, 2013
- Milano to Torno (Lake Como)Our transfer from Milano to Torno arrived on time and whisked us away to the Hotel G.L.A.V.J.C. which overlooks Lake Como. It is a 5 minute walk from Torno the local village.
We were greeted like long lost friends Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Nice to MilanBig thunderstorm last night in Nice, the weather might be changing.
A day of train travel from Nice to Milano. This requires catching a train to Ventimiglia on a French traIn, then catching a Trenitalia or Italian train to Milano. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- The Italian Job We were so excited to have found a volunteer job through WWOOF** but minutes before our host was due to pick us up from the local train station, the nerves kicked in. We had no experience caring for animals beyond Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Oct 4, 2013
- R-L-R Rally 2013 - All Roads lead to Sanremo
We are finally in Italy and, as usual, the first stretch of the day involves numerous hairpins going in a practically vertical direction. "Bianca feels very frisky this morning," shouts Th Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Oct 4, 2013
- Not Just Immersion:So I left you in Montevarchi in Tuscany. There are far worse places you could be.
That's what we figured when P and his foot forced us to do more relaxing. How awful is it sit around in Tuscany?
But Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- Experience Venice.You have to take the ferry if you want to tour the city.
Exactly, no streets, but amazing canals full of water.
Fascination and mystery are unimaginable.
Venice is unique and it makes you stand open-mouthed.
The impact is strong, incredible and surrea Posted by italyroberto in Visit Italy north-east | Sep 29, 2013
- Mediterranean Magic==When in Rome==
There's nothing like crystal clear waters of a beach, waves of sunshine beating on your flesh, a new culture, new language, new people and a new adventure to reignite that spark you carry deep within you.
After working Posted by missadelaide in A Worldly Addiction | Sep 29, 2013
- Our last day in Italy - and we made the most of itAfter our Canal Boat tour yesterday, we decided that we'd go to a couple of specific sights today, plus some wandering in between. As last night was our last night of our tour and today was an extra day we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 26, 2013
- Day trip to FlorenceDear All
We went on a day trip to Florence yesterday. What an experience!
Prior to using the underground to get to the Train station, we had an experiemental run which of course went swimmingly. Yesterday morning we left with what we Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 25, 2013
- On land and on waterAnother huge day.
This morning we walked ourselves ragged - got lost many times - this is the first place Deb has become disoriented and not been able to tell which way is north (and according to our guide this afternoon, Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 25, 2013
- It is the Alps, and Juliet is the sun.... 18th September 2013
Today we had a long day starting with our last breakfast in Venice. It was with a sad heart that I left this place. I really needed another week to appreciate everything in the area. Even that would Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 24, 2013
- Finally made it to VeniceWe woke on the cliff tops of the Italian Riveria coast refreshed and ready for the next adventure, and we are now tucked up in bed just off the Grand Canal in Venice. Two and a half hours drive to Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 24, 2013
- The Roma adventure continuesDear All
Have once again been just a tad busy, so the blog has been neglected unfortunately.
We went to Pompeii yesterday. Was a really long day but well worth it. We were picked up by Vincenzo, a dashing, flamboyant and Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 23, 2013