- Greetings from Trieste!Ciao from Trieste! Since the last post, we've been busy. We visited with many of our cousins in and around Pastrengo, I visted the lakeside town Sirmione, we visted Verona with the Brentagani cousins.
On Monday, Matt and I Posted by rubipool in Matt and Sue's Europe Trip 2015 | Jul 23, 2015
- Day 17 - RomeAlready feeling a little weary from two days of walking (according to my phone our daily average was 13km), today we had a Rome in One Day walking tour booked and already paid for. We caught the metro to the Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 22, 2015
- An Italian Family FeastWhat better way to cap off another incredible visit to Italy but with a cooking class. A cooking class with a real Italian mama of four and her daughter. Isabella and Sara, who manage the apartments that we Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 22, 2015
- Day 16 - RomeThis morning we began the first of our organised activities in Rome with a trip to the Vatican Museum. We caught the ever-helpful metro and walked to our meeting point opposite the Museum entrance. We had paid for skip-the-line entry, Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 22, 2015
- ComoWe left Nice and headed back Into Italy as we headed to Como or better known as Lake Como. It is in the Lombardy district of Italy. We pretty much just snoozed for most of the bus trip.
When we Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 22, 2015
- You Know It's Hot When....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/397920/F6B89F3EB0D94830FC6E2639A3F1BE Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 21, 2015
- Don't Look UpPeter's words of advice today - don't look up. You will be tempted to peek but be like a child waiting for a surprise. On the chair lift, look down at the plants and when you reach the meadow, Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 21, 2015
- Farmhouse in Tuscany I spent a week in Tuscany Italy staying at a farmstay. The owner grew grapes and olives. The farmstay was near San Gimignano.
These are my highlights.....
*Siena -it was very hot and we ate massive slices of PIZZA
*San Gimignano- eating outside Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jul 21, 2015
- From Avignon to SalzburgAfter a relaxing stay of good food and swimming, it's with heavy legs that my friend and I pull onto to the road, bound for the Med. Chilled has joined me for a 2 week cycle to Salzburg in Austria, Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Jul 21, 2015
- Day 15 - RomeRome day two and an adventure through the metro and eventually across the murky green waters of the Fiume Tevere, the waterway that splits the city. A decision to skip the overcrowded city tour bus in favour of an unknown Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 21, 2015
- Dank u wel, Amsterdam!I could live here. Amsterdam is a real, live-able city. We mastered the narrow Dutch steps and we nailed crossing the street without getting hit by a car, tram or scooter and we had avoided being angrily ringed at by Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 20, 2015
- I Am a CowPeter's words of advice for today,
"Today you be a cow. Be lazy, go slow, rest and eat. Worry about nothing and have clean thinking."
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 20, 2015
- Your Questions Will Be AnsweredOne of the most beautiful hikes in the Dolomites, that promises to answer the important questions of life, was our challenge today. Peter once again planned our next hike, with detailed directions to places that are extremely special in Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 20, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- Day 14 - Venice to RomeWe woke up this morning a little apprehensive about all the travel we had to coordinate by ourselves, but as it would turn out, everything went really smoothly! We left our hotel at 7am and caught a water bus (a Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 19, 2015
- Turn On Your SensesWith map in hand and detailed instructions, Peter reminded us to turn on our senses while we were hiking. What will we see, smell, feel and hear? For the next five hours that's what we did. Peter told us Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 19, 2015
- A little piece of the Dolomites We have settled into Garni Hubertus, our home for the next six days in Ortesei. We are in the Dolomites, in North Italy, to do some hiking. This South Tyrol region is a recent addition to Italy that was chipped Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 19, 2015
- A week of blissFollowing the wedding we spent 5 days relaxing at I Cedri, spending much needed time with family and friends although of course it was not long enough. It truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth and Daniela Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 29, 2014
- Pizza Party The day after the wedding we celebrated with a Pizza party overlooking the incredible grounds and views beyond. We were SO lucky to have had another gorgeous sunny day. This had been one of the wettest summers on record with Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 25, 2014
- Our wedding day We had the most wonderful day and were so incredibly thankful for all of our amazing family and friends who went above and beyond to share our day with us and to help us pull it off. Planning a wedding Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 24, 2014
- Day 13 - VeniceThe first and most important thing that Bruce and I learned today, is that Venice is hot. We headed out at about 10am this morning and it was already 30 degrees and extremely humid. At 10pm it is still 30 Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 18, 2015
- Cinque Terre We drove from Rome to La Spezia and then took a train to Monterosso in Cinque Terre. This town is very hilly so we had a special taxi to take our luggage to our hotel. We went to dinner and Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jul 18, 2015
- Pisa, Florence and back to BargaThe week before our wedding was an utter whirlwind with trips to Pisa where Jeremy wrote his speech in the campervan while I caught up with family, Florence where we met up with Jeremy's cousin Oli and his family, and Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 23, 2014
- Lucca After our visit to I Cedri we needed to hurry to Lucca where I had a hair and makeup trial that afternoon. After only a few hours of sleep the night before this was indeed a full but VERY exciting Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 22, 2014
- Day 12 - Istanbul to VeniceI think this post should actually be retitled "Day 12 - Ains and Bruce eat their weight in Italian food, alcohol and gelato", but I'll come to that...
So today Bruce and I got up and got our transfer to Istanbul Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 17, 2015