- Taiwan RamenThe Taiwan ramen, a Nagoya classic was invented by a Taiwanese restaurant owner. The dish has nothing to do with the country Taiwan nor the ingredients being in the ramen just to be clear. So, what is Taiwan Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Apr 27, 2017
- Day 10: Monday, Hiroshima, Sandankyō
[img=http:/ Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 24, 2017
- Day 2: Sunday, Kamakura (Tokyo)Date: 16.04.2017
Wake up: 5:30 am
Walked distance: ca. 21 km
Stories up: 61
Logtimer: 7:30 - 22:00
So the second traveling day started early. My body was set to waking up and the light as well as the n Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 26, 2017
- Katsu MeshiKatsu meshi is a comfort food of Kakogawa city in Hyogo prefecture. It is a side of deep-fried beef cutlet covered in a demi-glace sauce served with a side of rice. The demi-glace sauce here is not the Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Apr 24, 2017
- Southeast Asian food in OsakaI am back with another episode of authentic foreign food in Osaka. Today I am here to try an authentic flavor which I have truly miss, the taste of Southeast Asia. Though I have never been to Southeast Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Apr 24, 2017
- How running away helpedThis will be my most personal post, maybe too personal, but I need to get it out there, because I know that I am too much of a coward to say it some other time. If you don’t want to Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 13, 2017
- ComparisonSo, for work I needed to do a final presentation - which was 1,5 hours long and included sooo much!
Anyways, many of you probably ask yourself, now that I am nearly finished, what is my conclusion on the whole Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 9, 2017
- TokioOstatnim etapem naszej podróży było Tokio: nowoczesna metropolia, w której można spróbować poznać współczesną kulturę miejską Japonii i zarysy historii kraju. Mieszkańcy Tokio wiele razy okazywali nam życzliwość i sympatię, zazwyczaj w dyskretny po japońs Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Apr 9, 2017
- Kumano Kodo, HonguOstatnim odwiedzanym przez nas miejscem w regionie Kansai było Hongu: miejscowość położona na starym szlaku pielgrzymkowym Kumano Kodo w okolicy gorących źródeł kąpielowych.
W Hongu spaliśmy w hostelu Blue Sky. Hostel posiadał czte Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Apr 6, 2017
- Japan: the later daysWe were never going to be able to surpass the mountain highs, and the immersive Japanese experience, presented by the Kumano Kodo. But Kyoto, the historical and cultural heart of Japan, was a good place to try. Of course, when Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Apr 3, 2017
- Suwa Since I already finished the Matsumoto Block entry, I just wanted to add some things about the evening in Matsumoto here.
After trying to find a nice pub to sit down and maybe talk ti some people, I realized Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 12, 2017
- Bus system in KyotoSo we arrived at the local train station in Kyoto and asked the JR clerk if there is a cheap ticket to get around. Obviously he only knew about JR rail prices and said yes, but they are very expensive, Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 2, 2017
- My weekend in Osaka area (Kyoto, Himeji, ...)Upcoming there will be posts about my weekend in the Area of Osaka / Kyoto. In preparation to write this in a structured way, I first pre- wrote everything in bullet points - let's just say, the day was long! Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Apr 2, 2017
- KoyasanZ Kioto pojechaliśmy na południe regionu Kansai, do Koyasan.
W drodze zjedliśmy wczesny obiad na dworcu w Kioto w jednym z fastfoodów serwujących zupy z makaronem. Dania zamówiliśmy w automacie przed wejściem. Zupy jedliśmy na stojąco za Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Apr 1, 2017
- Kyoto and other informationDear all,
I know, my last post has been a while, I even already have 4 entries prepared regarding pictures "just" text is missing....
Anyways, I thought I would makeit up with showing you my plan for Kyoto tomorrow which my Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 30, 2017
- The Kumano KodoWhen we first started planning this trip, Japan wasn't even on our list of proposed countries to visit. Then our friend Mike returned from Japan extolling the virtues of walking the Kumano Kodo, a pilgrimage that crosses the mountainous Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Mar 29, 2017
- Kioto, Osaka i NaraKolejne trzy noclegi w Kioto wykorzystaliśmy na zwiedzanie Kioto i okolic: Osaki i Nary.
W poniedziałek na śniadanie poszliśmy na rynek Nishiki w Kioto. Sprzedawcy japońskich specjałów (ryb i owoców morza, marynowanych warzyw czy ci Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Mar 29, 2017
- KiotoWizytę w Japonii zaczęliśmy od Kioto, dawnej stolicy kraju pełnej zabytkowych świątyń. Lotnisko w Osace było naszą bramą do kraju kwitnącej wiśni.
Z Sydney do Osaki lecieliśmy przez Kuala Lumpur. Między jednym a dr Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Mar 26, 2017
- Japan: the early daysSouth-east Asia welcomed us with vibrant colours, steamy heat, bountiful backpackers, (at times) overwhelming smells and noisy markets. Japan's welcome, in contrast, has been more subdued and subtle. It feels like a nation of introverts, all carefully min Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Mar 21, 2017
- Random informationSo I realized: As soon as I arrive home, my body is tired and just wants to relax.
Not a good thing if you actually want to do something! So, I decided to go to a nice coffee place close Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 16, 2017
- MatsumotoSaturday - Matsumoto
The first impression of Matsumoto: I am not sure what the stature is, but I interpret it as: Maybe the Japanese also have saints for traveling?
Matsumoto and the wh Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 11, 2017
Significant or not, these smoldering sites of past military glory are perfect prelude to a visit of Japan, easily organised en route since going back to North America in most cases invol Posted by assenczo in Micronesia Island Hopping | Mar 11, 2017
- Weekendplans - MatsumotoSo first Matsumoto was on the traveling list for Domi and I - but then I heard it would not be worth it and it is so far out, so I should rather not go there.
Well, I aggree that maaaayybe Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 9, 2017
- 6 Must Try Michelin Star Restaurants in JapanJapan is known the world over for its excellent food. Kyoto and Tokyo, which are the main cities in the country, have several Michelin starred restaurants that are worth exploring. Here is a list of the most popular ones in Posted by arwindsharmaa in Travel Tours The Greatest Destinations | Mar 9, 2017
- Enoshima Together with three colleagues we went to Enoshima by car. It is a small island close to Tokyo (about 1,5 h away). To prevent lots of traffic jam and many people we parked the car in the city Fujimicho. This Posted by Toni_goes_Japan in Toni goes Japan | Mar 5, 2017