- Shichi Go San (7-5-3) at Meiji JinguNovember 15 is Shichi Go San (literally, 7 5 3) in Japan. This unofficial holiday commemorates the passage of 3 and 5 yr old boys and 3 and 7 yr old girls into the next stage of their childhoods. To Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Nov 14, 2016
- Himeji CastlePerhaps Japan's most beautiful castle, Himeji Castle seemingly lords over the city of Himeji. Nicknamed the White Heron or White Egret Castle, the castle--although immense--looks like it could sp Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Nov 14, 2016
- Dick's Musings on Country Living and a Dying ArtSo, as Pam has already written, we recently departed the magical highlands of rural Shizuoka prefecture [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/526039/DBE6B0A4BDE2FD795A05B3DAD46E9490.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/526039/thumb_DBE6B0A4BDE2FD7 Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Nov 14, 2016
- Onomichi Betcha Matsuri & a Wonderful Afternoon with FamilyI always wanted to see a local Japanese festival. Little did we know that when we arrived in Onomichi on November 2, we'd walked right into the middle of one. A unique one. One that is held only in Onomichi. Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Nov 7, 2016
- A Country Home in Shizuoka PrefectureWe have fallen woefully behind in our blog and apologize for that.
It had never occurred to us to visit Shizuoka Prefecture (where's that?), but when I saw the Airbnb listing for a 90-yr-old traditional home in the countryside, I bit. Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Nov 3, 2016
- We have landed... Konbanwa everyone !
We are just at the cusp of our adventures in Nihon and I have decided to have a go at this blogging malarkey. I think it will be a good way to record this very exciting time Posted by jasmine26 in Joining in with Japan | Oct 27, 2016
Friday we took the Shinkansen bullet train, which goes 300 km/hr, from Kyoto to Tokyo. We started our sightseeing across the bay with the Miraikan museum Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Oct 25, 2016
- Around Kiyomizudera We took the bus to Kiyomizudera (Clear Water Temple) yesterday. Well, we took a bus to as close as a public bus can get to Kiyomizudera. The World Heritage Site Buddhist Temple is on a hill. The public bus Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Oct 24, 2016
- The Hidden Place in HyogoWhenever asked what prefecture is beside Osaka, most people will say Kyoto to the right and Kobe to the left. That's what most travelers refer to Hyogo prefecture, they call it Kobe because that's what most if not all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Oct 24, 2016
- Up Close & Personal View of the Japanese Health Care System And we're off! Been in Japan for nearly three days now . . .
. . . and have already had the dubious pleasure of carting Pam off to a hospital to begin battle with a nasty infection. By mid Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Oct 23, 2016
- Kyoto. JapanOur trip to Japan began with a long subway ride with several connections (what did we ever do before googlemaps?), from the airport in Osaka. After dropping our bags at our guesthouse, we began sightseeing with Nijo Castle. Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Oct 23, 2016
- Japan Day 15 – Travel homeTime to go home!
We spent the morning packing and uploading pictures and got to the train station early.
The [[http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/|Narita Express]] is a special set of trains that provide direct access to the airport and some major statio Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 14 – Travel to TokyoThis was our last full day we had and we spent a few hours of it on the Shikansen to Tokyo (2.5 hours).
Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 13 – Hikone CastleWe hadn’t planned very well for our free day so it took awhile to decide where to go (there’s so many options!). Finally we decided on [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7001.html|Hikone Castle]] and took the train up there.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 12 – Kyoto Bike TourThis day was a tour around Kyoto by bike. We walked to the [[http://www.kctp.net/pc/en/|Kyoto Cycling Tour Project]] by Kyoto Station and met our guide Julie.
Our first stop was the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3920.html|Higashi Honganji]] temple wh Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 11 – Travel to KyotoWe spent most of this day travelling. First we took the bus (the local kids had fun making faces at us at the stop) to Nagiso station.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 10 – TsumagoWe spent most of this day in [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6077.html|Tsumago]] just resting and relaxing. When we woke up it was very cold so we stayed in and read until around 11.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/611368/large_alopiparo_..G_72 Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 9 – Travel to Tsumago via MagomeThis was one of our favorite days. We took the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html|Magome-Tsumago trail]] (a well maintained section of the Nakasendo post trail).
After forwarding our luggage to Kyoto using the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e22 Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Tag 24 - Die Rückkehr
Wir sitzen am Flughafen in Haneda. Der Tag begann um kurz vor vier morgens, entsprechend müde sind wir auch. Es ging aber alles schnell, rein in die Monorail, die schon ziemlich vo Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 21, 2016
- Tag 23 - TOKYO 東京都
Der letzte Tag in Tokyo, morgen geht es leider, leider zurück nach Deutschland.
Wir haben den Tag ruhig angehen lassen. Spätes Aufstehen, einchecken bei British Airways, dann Au Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 21, 2016
- We're Finally Here!It's almost 1:30 pm PDT Thursday,, but here it's close to 5:30 am on Friday, and I'm wide awake. So what better to do than work on our first blog post.
Here we are ensconced in our tiny machiya Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 4 | Oct 20, 2016
- Tag 22 - TOKYO 東京都
Vorletzter Tag in Tokyo. Aufbruch gegen neun, zuerst zu Starbucks zum Macha Latte, dann mit der U-Bahn zum [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html|Tsukiji-Fischmarkt (築地市場, Tsu Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 20, 2016
- JapanThis is perhaps a cheat one as I went to Japan on a work trip, had a fleeting visit and did not get to see much, but I still feel it is worth writing about! Despite not being allowed to Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Oct 19, 2016
- Tag 21 - TOKYO 東京都
Oooh, was für ein Tag, uns tun die Füße weh und wir sind total fertig. Fast zehn Stunden waren wir unterwegs, und das bei großer Schwüle. Was für ein Tag.
Der Wetterbericht ist Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 19, 2016
- Tag 20 - TOKYO 東京都
Infos zu Tokyo: [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html]]
Tokyo, 東京: wörtlich "östliche Hauptstadt". Früherer Name Edo, 江戸: wörtlich etwa "Eingang zur Bucht".
============= Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 18, 2016