- A Taste of Takehara, Part 1 (Hiroshima Prefecture)BGM: 君のふるさと by パラレルリープ ("Kimi No Furusato" by Parallel Leap)
Every prefecture, city and major town in Japan is known for a special product that's tough to find anywhere else. During my decade-long sojourn down the length of the Archipelago, it's become Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | May 28, 2013
- Feelin like a Japanese Pop StarMay 27, 2013
The first day of school started today! But first the day began with weeding. Yes, you heard me correctly weeding. We woke up at 6:15 and waited for instructions. It was not fun. It was pretty short though. Posted by adventuregirl3 in Nihon 日本 | May 27, 2013
- Riceballs and ShowersMay 25, 2013
*Picture taking has been lacking. Don’t worry I will improve! I am ashamed of myself!
Last night was pretty rough. I woke up every couple hours and eventually woke up in utter pain at 6:30am. This bed is literally Posted by adventuregirl3 in Nihon 日本 | May 26, 2013
- We Have ArrivedMay 23 and May 24, 2013
Wow what an adventure getting here! After a 2 hour, 7am flight to Vancouver and then a 10 hour flight to Japan we finally arrived in the airport. Heather and I watched 3 ½ movies Posted by adventuregirl3 in Nihon 日本 | May 24, 2013
- Japan - Summary: odds, ends, oddities & eats==Food==
Food is one of the best and most interesting things about Japan and I have to say it was a complete suprise to me as although have eaten lots of Japanese elsewhere, I was surprised it was generally much heartier Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | May 24, 2013
I'm sat at home now in england, writing about events that happened almost 4 years ago. I've decided to collate my various travel journals into a single blog so much of what is to follow is hea Posted by t galtress in Wanderlust; it's a big old world | May 23, 2013
- Chapter #11: The Land of the Rising SunDear friends,
here I am with the second part of my blog about Japan, a country that from the very first day has only fascinated me... and in which I have definitely fallen in love. I would like to talk about Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | May 23, 2013
- I Have Guests! After a trip to the Middle East, my sister and her husband decided to return to the US flying over Asia instead of Europe, so that they could stop by in Japan and say "Hi".
Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | May 21, 2013
- Couchsurfing in JapanI have always had an interest in Japan. For an ethnically homogenous island nation which has remained isolated for much of its pre-World War history, Japan has managed to export its culture throughout the world. Japanese restaurants line our streets, Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | May 13, 2013
- Japan - Back to the capital, but Tokyo-only for a few daysOnce back in Tokyo, we ended up having a nightmare locating our hotel. This was due to hotel chain naming their hotels to include the area and there was 2 in this area, but the map I was following cut Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | May 9, 2013
- Chapter #10: Simplicity Vs. ExtravaganzaDear all,
How are you? As you know, I am having the time of my life - and having seen and lived what I've already seen and lived, one starts to wonder if there could still be something that could surprise Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | May 8, 2013
- Crashing Into Life in Shiga, JapanBGM: "Energy Flow" by Ryuichi Sakamoto
Even while traveling, life can literally set you into a tail-spin and bash you clean upside the head- all for your own good.
Before that fateful day by the Inukami River in Taga Town, I Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | May 8, 2013
- The Bunnies and Bombs of Okunoshima Island (Hiroshima Pref.)BGM: "I'll Try" (Acoustic Version) by Proff (feat. Gliss)
Japan is well-known the world over for being a land of complete randomness. Like English words thrown together on a Japanese tee-shirt that collectively make no sense whatsoever, the brain i Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | May 7, 2013
- Japan - Hiroshima & Miyajima islandI did think about not using a bad pun for the Hiroshima blog but actually, a bit like in Phnom Penh with the killing fields, it's a shame that with Hiroshima, it generally gets talked about outside Japan with only Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | May 6, 2013
- Tokyo, Part 2, and our Impressions of Japan
This is our last log entry for Japan. We left Hakone on a high speed train arriving into Tokyo on Sunday April 21. We spent our last three days in Japan in Tokyo, returning to Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 29, 2013
- Journey The City of Technology - Day 2 & 3 It is Day 2 of my trip to Tokyo and I decided to travel outside of the city. My first destination is a little town of Kamakura.
Kamakura is a coastal town south of Tokyo. It is full of temples, shrines, Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Apr 28, 2013
- Japan - Uno's what we'll see at Naoshima art islandSo, this was going to be another 2 night stay with the main aim to be visiting the Naoshima art island. I read about this place a few years ago and desperately wanted to go ever since. I loved the Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 28, 2013
- Japan - Going loco down in Kyoto So, our whistle stop tour of Japan began with Kyoto. We only had a couple of nights so we were going to have to pack in as much as we could.
It didn't get off to a great start. We Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 26, 2013
- Konichiwa from Japan[center][/center]
Tokyo. I am currently looking out over the massive city of Tokyo watching the sunset near Mount Fuji from the 48th floor in the Midtown Tower. This city has been impre Posted by mcpherson.nyc in Kirkwood Adrift | Apr 26, 2013
- Journey The City of Technology - Day 1I arrived to my first destination which is Tokyo, Japan and got a taxi to take me to my hotel which is the Shinjuku Prince Hotel. I had just arrived to my hotel and check-in to my room.
The next Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Apr 25, 2013
- I'm 20[center]Getting old - it's an inevitable part of life. But, on March 23, 2013, I had an amazing time getting old alongside my Japanese friends and family.[/center] [center][/center]
I think the Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Apr 24, 2013
- If I could have my cake & eat it too, what cake would it be?Got to thinking if life were all about bolting together all the things you want and making it work, then what are the things I want…for right now, the cake is pretty simple. I am not much of an elaborate Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Apr 2, 2013
- Hakone, Japan and a Taste of JapanOn Friday morning 19 April, we reversed our itinerary on how we got from Osaka to Koyasan to go back to Osaka. Once arriving in Osaka, we took a bullet train to Odawara, after which we took a taxi Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 24, 2013
- 沖繩自駕遊 Okinawa Driving Tour Part II
燈塔之下看燈塔， Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Apr 20, 2013
- Koyasan, JapanOn the morning of Thursday 18 April, we left Osaka by train and headed up towards Koyasan. The journey to Koyasan was comprised of three parts: 1.5 hour train ride, 15 minute cable-car ride and concluded with a Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 24, 2013