- Down to a StrollWe slowed down to a stroll today. It is supposed to be a vacation, after all. The heat has followed us. But no matter how hot it gets, I always appreciate a heated toilet seat. We read up on Japanese Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 8, 2016
- Until next time, KyotoAvoiding our Kyoto departure, we went to eat my last Japanese toast at our Second Breakfast place. Instead of taking a left back to our ryokan, we took a right. We discovered a whole neighborhood back there with shops
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 7, 2016
- Do Geisha Take Cabs?My question was soon answered as Matthew and I, or rather I, stalked the Gion Corner in search of geisha between 5-6:30 when they are usually on their way to their first appointment. Matthew coined the term "Geisha-razzi"; and that Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 6, 2016
- Travel Day: Kyoto to HanoiWell today was such a long travel day, it seemed like we were gone for a week! Our morning started off like any other morning with the fam bam. Since we didn't have to leave for our flight until late Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 6, 2016
- Where's the Beef?It's in Kobe.
Today's sole mission:
To eat Kobe beef in Kobe.
Off a tripadvisor recommendation, we had made reservations via the front desk lady at our Osaka hotel. After second breakfast of Japanese toast, we took the 50-minute-express JR train to Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 5, 2016
- Cross it off my bucket listI can now die.
I saw geisha today. Well, one geisha and two meiko (apprentice geisha) I spotted them from afar at the Nanzenji Temple. I knew they were real, and not some tourists dressed in kimono, when I saw their Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 4, 2016
- Travel Day: Himeji to KyotoWe were fortunate to have another relaxing travel day in Japan, seemingly due to the incredible efficiency of the Japanese train system. We started our day waking up and heading to breakfast at 7:30. We had another great Japanese and Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 4, 2016
- Dreamy KyotoKyoto is just as I dreamed it would be. Traditional. Simple. Magical.
We are staying at Gion Morisyo, a traditional ryokan in the heart of Gion.
The homes are two stories high with angled clay-shingled rooftops. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 3, 2016
- Hot Hot Hot in HimejiWell, as the title suggests, it was a hot one today!! Our morning started off in our nice hotel with a Japanese and Western buffet for breakfast. We loaded up on katsu, rice, bacon, and eggs until we felt like Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 3, 2016
- Shit-ake mushrooms Holy shit-ake mushrooms is it hot.
Now I see what the locals are doing - I am really tempted to buy a handkerchief or facecloth to wipe my brow and the back of my neck (and between my boobs). It Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 2, 2016
- Heart-Osaka Osaka has flair. It is full of character, with its people, architecture, and neighborhoods. Osakans seem more fun loving; we hear more laughter. Not sure if it was the Hilton hotel (which is really nice - don't get me wrong Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 1, 2016
- Travel Day: Takayama to HimejiIt seems like our travel days are getting easier and easier as time goes on. Most of it seems to be due to the fact that everyone has learned to follow my lead ;) We started off our day with Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 2, 2016
- Touring Takayama, JapanIt was a hot day in Takayama today! Kaela and I started off the day by putting on our yukata robes and headed down for a traditional Japanese breakfast with the family. As it turns out, we were the only Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 1, 2016
- Does no one eat breakfast here? Still feeling a bit jetlagged, we awoke early - earlier than anything else in Tokyo. Not much movement in the early hours of Shinjuku. We cafe-hopped so we could get ample breakfast. No matter where we go, I always appreciate Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 29, 2016
- The Japanese don't do trash cans, and they don't do benchesThe most notable thing about Tokyo is its cleanliness. Every little thing is spotless - There were Clean Service people rubbing down subway railings and mopping the tile-bottom of public fountains.
The great thing about this cleanliness is that one Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 30, 2016
- Travel Day: Kanazawa to TakayamaToday was an all around relaxing day. Kaela and I were originally planning on heading out to get pancakes for breakfast with Kuku, but we were still full from our Shabu Shabu feast the night before, so we passed and Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 30, 2016
- Fish and CatsLook Matthew, we've already snaked twice!
We made it to the Tsukiji (pronounced ski-gee) Market. No way, no how did we make it to the Tuna Auction, which tourists must be in line by 3 am for a 5 am Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 28, 2016
- Castles in KanazawaIt was an incredibly busy day in Kanazawa! We started our morning off fairly early and we were all out the door right around 8:08. We were on a mission to visit the beautiful Kanazawa Castle and Kenrokuen Garden before Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 29, 2016
- Travel Day: Tokyo to Kanazawa Today was a fairly easy travel day. We had eight adventurers each with their own carry-on luggage and backpack/purse. We started our morning off around 7:30. Justin and I had to pack up our belongings in the morning because we Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 29, 2016
- I'm not going to lick my porkI heard giggling and it was coming from the bathroom. "Matthew?" I asked. between giggles he mustered a "yeah, I'm fine. It tickles!" Matthew was having fun with the toilet; he found the special buttons:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/51FE Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 27, 2016
- Tokyo DisneylandToday was a long, but spectacular day at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Kaela and I began by waking up swiftly with our alarm at 7:00 a.m. Kaela went to go make sure that Kyra and Heather were awake, since they Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 28, 2016
- Konichiwa Japan!We're here! After two flights, seventeen hours flight time, one layover in LA, three movies, we're here in Japan!
We glamorously spent the first twelve hours in Haneda Airport. We slept at the Royal Park Hotel, since we arrived late Sunday Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 26, 2016
- Touring TokyoKon'nichiwa everyone! I know I've been a bit absent with the blog and I've left most of the responsibilities up to Justin, but I'm back and ready to write! Today was another fun filled adventure touring through Tokyo. I have Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 26, 2016
- Trains, Trains, and Ukai Toriyama...Happy Birthday Heath!Today we all did something special to celebrate Heather's birthday, which is on June 25. Tutu had a surprise for Heather that was so secret, I didn't even know about it! Anytime that this event was passively brought up in Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- Tokyo: The Meiji Shrine, Shibuya Crossing, and Tokyo TowerKaela and I stayed up until around 2:30 a.m. last night finishing the post and planning for the day ahead before heading to bed. In the morning, I actually woke up around 6:00 a.m. and was surprised to see that Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 24, 2016