- Tag 5 - HIROSHIMA 広島市
Infos zu Hiroshima: [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2160.html]]
Hiroshima - wir sitzen im Hotel in Hiroshima, frisch geduscht und etwas erledigt.
Aber de Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 4, 2016
- Tag 4 - BEPPU 別府市
Diese Nacht haben wir wesentlich besser geschlafen als die letzte. Zudem hatten wir nachts die Klimaanlage an, so dass es nicht so warm im Zimmer wurde. Nur um Mitternacht wurden w Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 2, 2016
- Tag 3 - BEPPU 別府市[float=left][/float]
Infos zu Beppu: [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4700.html]]
Wir sind in Beppu. Als wir an unserem [[http://www.new-matsumi.com/english/ Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Oct 1, 2016
- Tag 2 - FUKUOKA 福岡市
Der zweite Tag in Japan.
Wir haben rund 14 Stunden geschlafen und sind erholt und wach aufgewacht. Der Tag beginnt regnerisch mit einer heissen Dusche innen und aussen - es ist w Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Sep 29, 2016
- Tag 1 - FUKUOKA 福岡市
Infos zu Fukuoka: [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2161.html]]
Fukuoka - die Metropole im Norden Kyushus.
Wir sind angekommen. Endlich. Mi Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Sep 28, 2016
- Japan at your feetWell, this is my last post I am pulling together from my great Japan trip. It's something I noticed as we walked all over. Japan is very focused on building infrastructure and one of the places it shows Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Sep 16, 2016
- Baseball in Japan!I enjoy baseball and had some hopes of getting to a game in Japan, but with so much else to do, it looked like it would be a challenge to find a game that I could accommodate in my rapidly Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Sep 12, 2016
- More relaxation (and more food!)After Robin left to go back to the real world, I had an additional week to explore. My plan was to head north to parts of Japan I had not yet seen. I first went to Akita to Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Sep 4, 2016
- Rest, relaxation.....and foodI thought I would pull together some non-festival activities that we had in Japan because even with our breakneck pace we did have time to do a bit of wandering.
We took a short train ride to Geibikei gorge, where Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Aug 29, 2016
- Festivals, festivals, festivalsWe continued to jaunt around Japan visiting festivals from as far south as Osaka to as far north as Sapporo (yay, Japan Rail Pass!). Some commonalities emerged, and I will indulge in just a little strictly amateur cultural anthropology, Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Aug 26, 2016
- Chicken NanbanChicken Nanban is a dish where you can find mostly all over Japan. However this dish was first originated from Miyazaki prefecture in Kyushu. Miyazaki prefecture is known for their poultry so their chicken is especially tender and Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 22, 2016
- Second day, two more festivals!We headed out into a second sweltering day in Tokyo on the lookout for more festivals. We headed for Shinjuku station and looked for the Shinjuku Eisa Matsuri Festival, a festival of Okinawan culture transplanted to Tokyo.
As Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Aug 21, 2016
- Yaki RamenYaki Ramen is a specialty dish where you can only eat at the yatai stands in Hakata city of Fukuoka prefecture. The majority of the yatai stands you will find nearby the river of Nakasu. This dish is Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 21, 2016
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- KaramenBefore I talk about Karamen, can you take the heat? Are you a spicy food lover like me? If you are then this is a great dish for you! If you're not, they have a level system Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 13, 2016
- HiyajiruI have been to Miyazaki prefecture before but the last time around I didn't really eat lot. In order to make up for it I tried to eat more this trip to share some new local specialty dishes I've Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 12, 2016
- First day, first festivalWe zipped into Tokyo and stashed out luggage (it seems every JR train station has luggage lockers which is extremely handy) then headed out. Our first destination was the Imperial Palace but it was not open to the public Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Aug 11, 2016
- Obihiro ButadonThe Obihiro butadon is a famous local dish in the region of Tokachi in Hokkaido. Every butadon in the nation of Japan looks up to the butadon in Obihiro because that's where it was originated from. In this Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 10, 2016
- Festival Season in JapanI'm off to Japan again, this time in the summer to try and overdose on festival season. I'm fortunate that my son Robin is able to come with me for the first two weeks of my three week excursion. Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Aug 10, 2016
- Tokushima RamenI have come back to bring you guys another blog post about ramen. Today I will be talking about a special type of ramen called the "Tokushima ramen". As some of you might have already known, Tokushima is Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 8, 2016
- Japan Top 5We flew around the globe in 18 days. Boston west to LA to Tokyo; then Tokyo west to London back to Boston. This wasn't planned, or by choice; we got screwed by American Airlines. The extra 7 hours gave me Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 13, 2016
- Lazy Day in OsakaIt was a very lazy day today. Justin and I went to bed very late last night and Justin barely got any sleep at all because he was feeling pretty sick all night. Unfortunately, that meant that we stayed pretty Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 21, 2016
- Travel Day: Chiang Mai to OsakaI think we underestimated the amount of travel we'd be doing on this trip. So far it seems like we've spent far more time in airports than our entire 6 1/2 month trip combined and today's travel day added to Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 20, 2016
- Part 6: TokyoWe arrived at Tokyo's Narita International Airport on Friday the 8th of July. We cleared customs and as soon as we had a wifi signal found out via email that the apartment we booked from Brisbane was available. Posted by WaghVenture16 in Summer Adventure 2016 | Jul 18, 2016
- SumoSumo is a big deal here. It's huge. Like, they are celebrities that date the supermodels. We witnessed their elite status at the Nagoya Basho (one of six 15-day championship tournaments they have each year) as hoards of women, all Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 12, 2016