- Hungry? (Tokyo - Part 4)Writing this post now makes me so hungry. If I were to rank my favorite food according to country, my homeland, Malaysia, would win hands down. But Japan comes a very close second. If nothing else, the uniqueness of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jan 16, 2015
- INTRODUCTIONThis first post is just a test. I don't know if I really want to start another blog as I already write one. Posted by mrandmrshoyt in Travels Near and Far | Jan 16, 2015
- Japan... the Old and the NewWe arrived late to Kyoto, and the sudden cold temperature was a major shock to our systems! In just a four-hour flight, we had gone from a humid 30 degree Celsius temperature, to a freezing 1 degree Celsius... we Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Dec 23, 2014
- First Weekend in Tokyo After an exciting week at the lab, I finally had the opportunity to explore Tokyo. My colleague gave me some tips on what parts to visit and where it is nice to eat. As I was still jet lagged I Posted by Max Fischer in The Japan Experience | Dec 21, 2014
- Osaka Universal Studios, JapanAfter a lot of chit chat I managed to persuade Jason to go to Universal Studios...yes!!! I was so excited!
I set my alarm extra early to make sure we got to the ticket booth first and ensu Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Himeji and Kobe, JapanHimeji
Not much to report here. Himeji has Japan's best castle and Sophie has decided that I love castles (I do quite like them) so we thought we'd better take a qui Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- yayis this working? Posted by dompanarello in Dom's Travels | Dec 20, 2014
- testhi Posted by dompanarello in Dom's Travels | Dec 20, 2014
- ToursThe last few days have been taken up with tours. Tours are great because you can fit a lot in a short amount of time and the tour guides often give some great background information on their culture but the Posted by sonya13 in Turning Japanese | Dec 17, 2014
- Onomichi, Japan
Most weekends are difficult finding accommodation, but this weekend proved even more tricky because it was a Japanese public holiday. When we were staying at Hanna Hostel in Hiroshima we met Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Miyajima, JapanMiyajima is a brief train and ferry ride from Hiroshima (all included in the Japan rail pass). It's another one of Japan's top landscape views and we made a quick morning stop there.
To b Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Fukuoka, Japan
We'd based ourselves in Hiroshima for a few days and having our rail passes meant that we could access quite a few areas from there. Luckily, it was the November Sumo Championship in Fukuoka Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Hiroshima, Japan
Before we even made it to our hotel from the train station we'd stopped for a cultural experience, sampling Hiroshima's delicacy of okonomiyaki. The train station had quite a few restaura Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 13, 2014
- Staying Warm (Tokyo - Part 3)One of the first thing to notice when strolling around the streets of Tokyo is how well everyone dressed for the autumn cold. It has always been well advertised that Japanese are extremely conscious about their appearance and that the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Dec 8, 2014
- Kyoto, Japan
We arrived to find a huge modern train station, complete with 11 storey shopping centre and a huge Xmas tree.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/708A03F49402A2F99469A579BECDE9 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 7, 2014
- Kanazawa, Japan
We Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 2, 2014
- Takayama, Japan
The train ride to Takayama was one of the best we've taken. Firstly, it was on the Shinkansen bullet train, Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 2, 2014
- Kamakura, Japan
We arrived at a small station near to Fujisawa (close to Mount Fuji and Kamakura) at night and hoped that our Air BnB host would Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 1, 2014
Signs on the train say "Nikko is Nippon (Japan)" and the guidebook tells us it will be everything we think of when we imagine Japan...
Our trains from Sendai run exactly on time, we arriv Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 29, 2014
- Matsushima, Japan[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 28, 2014
- Tokyo, Japan[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/6B04 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 27, 2014
- Snow Monkeeeeeeeeeeeeys!After a train trip through the rain and the clouds to Nagano, we caught the Snow Monkeeeeeeeeeeey express.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/596678/large_20141125-DSC_8543 Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Japan 2014 | Nov 26, 2014
- TokyoTokyo is a very busy place! Lots and lots of people, pretty much everywhere. We're here over a long weekend so perhaps it is busier than usual, but maybe it's like this all the time.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/596678/large_20141121-DSC_8171 Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Japan 2014 | Nov 25, 2014
- UnoIn an effort to change the fortunes of some of the islands within Japan's inland sea, artists were invited to prepare installations on several islands. Over two days we visited two islands - Naoshima and Teshima. Many of Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Japan 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
A brief train ride saw us arriving in Hiroshima where we tried the famous Hiroshima okonomiyaki, a type of savoury pancake wihich in this instance involved layers of crepe, noodles (eithe Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Japan 2014 | Nov 19, 2014