- Walking the Nakesendo WayThe weather has been fantastic since we arrived in Japan and today was no exception. It was dry, sunny and pleasantly warm as we prepared to scale the Torii Pass from Narai to the Kiso Valley. The pass is only Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Sep 22, 2014
- A Slipper for Every Occasion
We may only be a train ride and short walk from the modern city of Matsumoto but we have stepped way back in time and are staying in a two hundred year old coaching inn in the ancient town of Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Sep 21, 2014
- Ise, JapanHeading east from Osaka, we traveled to the city of Ise. While relatively unknown outside Japan, it is the location of the major shrines of the indigenous religion of Shinto. The main temple dedicated to the Sun Goddess is here Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | Sep 21, 2014
- Universal Studios[img=http://phot Posted by Dan_in_Japan in Matamata College - Japan 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- We're HereHi everyone
Well, we are safely in Japan!
Had a great flight up, with the good news that we were on the newest of Air New Zealand's eight 777-200's.
The bad news was that Renae's entertainment system did not work for half Posted by Bret W in Matamata College - Japan 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- A METROPOLITAN PREFECTURETuesday:
After a much needed rest Tuesday afternoon was spent exploring Tokyo (Tō "east" and kyō "capital") further. We are trying to include things that will keep us all entertained and as a result spent three hours in Hakuhinkan toy shop Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Tokyo in a ShoeboxFirst impressions count, and while Sheila is an old hand in Japan it’s a first for James and friend Trudy. So first impressions – Wow. It doesn't seem expensive here, the Japanese are not shy and the food is wonderful.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Sep 20, 2014
- A Whirlwind Trip to JapanAwhile back, I spent two years living in Tokyo. This trip to Taiwan seemed like the perfect opportunity to swing through Tokyo and get reacquainted with some old friends, and a few places of which I have very fond memories.
Tokyo Posted by Caro369 in Taiwan 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- KL TO JPNSunday night saw us embark on a seven hour night flight from KL to Tokyo, Japan. We've wanted to visit Japan for years and were pretty excited, however to bring us down to earth and remind us that we are Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- carmel dyballNot sure if the previous message got through, this is only a test.
Carmel Posted by carmel dyball in Cherry Blossom | Sep 13, 2014
- France to Tokyo[center][/center]
[i][center]After been to France for 3 weeks, we continued our travel to Tokyo.
We had a stop in Moscow but we didn’t know that we needed a visa to go outside Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Sep 13, 2014
- First Stop Tokyo
The flight over was smooth - past the boredom by chilling out and watching movies and eating yummy plane food. Watch this space for movie reviews ? LOL.
Anyway Japan is great really ho Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Sep 6, 2014
- Fuji, Falls and Food!We arrived in Nikko, which despite being only 90 mins by train from Tokyo, felt like a million miles away. Nikko is a tiny little town nestled between a range of mountains which is sparsely populated, incredibly quiet and Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 26, 2014
- PreparationRain is THE excuse for lack of preparation. I am embarrassingly unfit and undercooked. I will win the Lanterne Rouge and accept the prize gracelessly. Posted by gopha1 in Hokkaido 2014 | Aug 22, 2014
- Indoors Osaka[center]
Our last bowl of ramen
Taking a nap in the mall. It was hooooot in Osaka, and we were tired of sweating, so we Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 1, 2012
- Kyoto to Osaka[center]
Mr. and Mrs. Beetle, our traveling companions
They're very attentive listeners
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 1, 2012
- KaruizawaOn Tuesday morning I hit the road early and hopped on a train bound for Karuizawa, a town in the Nagono prefecture. Karuizawa was "discovered" by Canadian missionary Alexander Croft Shaw. Since then it has become a popular Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- Tokyo with YuMy friend Yu, who lives in Tokyo, was nice enough to show us all around the city and even let us crash on the floor of his apartment at night.
Asian malls are something else
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 28, 2012
- Kamakura & Tokyo[center]
Chris, blending in with Tokyo commuters
Swaying bamboo in the hillside trails of Kamakura
[img=http://photo Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 27, 2012
- Day 5: RescueAll right, the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but I do wonder what would have happened to us if we hadn't been helped by those three kindly Japanese hikers, who saw us hobbling down the mountain.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/52945 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 24, 2012
- KyushuNach unserem Fuji-Abenteuer folgten wir der Einladung eines netten Ehepaares, das wir in der ersten Woche auf Irabu-jima kennengelernt hatten. Wir waren eben gerade ins Gespräch gekommen und schon wurden wir zu ihnen nach Hause in ihre Heimatstadt Kumamot Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 19, 2014
- Sake, Geisha and Ninja's!!Before we left Kyoto, we decided to see a show at a place called ‘Gion Corner’ which came highly recommended as a great way to better understand Japanese culture. We had no idea what to expect but arrived early Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 19, 2014
- Wie man sich bettet, so liegt manDem Japanreisenden bieten sich viele verschiedene Möglichkeiten, die Nacht zu verbringen. Für unser Verständnis eher ungewöhnlich sind die bereits
beschriebenen Internet-Cafés oder die "Capsule Hotels" - eine wie Bienenwaben angeordnete Ansammlung von K Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 18, 2014
- HakoneMonday was my last day in Tokyo, and so it was my last chance to see Mt. Fuji. The girl I had met at the hostel a few days before had also wanted to see Mt. Fuji, so we met Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- Ain't No Mountain High EnoughNach einem Abstecher in die Tempel- und Bergwelt von Nikko führte uns die Weiterreise in die Region um den Mount Fuji, den höchsten und heiligsten Berg Japans. Eigentlich handelt es sich um einen Vulkan, der allerding seit über 300 Jahren Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 16, 2014