- Time to reflect from KyotoOur six day stay in Kyoto has afforded us time: time to unpack our bags, time to do our washing and time to update the blog with some of the more unexpected trends we've noticed while travelling in Japan. Oh, Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 11, 2015
- Tokyo x 2Before we get started, how much would you expect to pay for a hot café latte in downtown Tokyo? See answer below.
After a fairly seamless 6 hours of train travel from Hiroshima, with a train change at Shin Osaka, we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Aug 7, 2015
- Family, Fireworks and FujiWow, so much has happened I can hardly believe it's only been 5 days since the last blog post! I'm a bit worried the rest of our trip will struggle to compare to our first week.
We got a shinkansen (bullet Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 5, 2015
- Nagano (Nozawa Onsen)We have taken a temporary break from Tokyo after spending two nights there. We come back to Tokyo after our weekend stay in Nozawa Onsen for three nights so we will publish our Tokyo blog after that.
So come Saturday morning Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Aug 4, 2015
- Ohayou gozaimasu to TokyoCongratulations. You've made it. We've made it. The blog and our trip are underway. The format will be slightly unusual - with intermittent access to Internet and with a two person p.o.v. Here we go...
We had a 3am start Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Jul 31, 2015
- HiroshimaWe are now on the JR Pass clock. The pass lasts for 14 days, and day 14 sees us leaving Japan, so we have set ourselves a busy but not too manic schedule to travel and see as much of Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 29, 2015
- KyotoWell we can finally say we have reached our dream destination. Japan has been on our wish list for a long time and it hasn't disappointed so far.
After a great time in Bangkok, we landed in Osaka at 11pm. Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 27, 2015
- Japan May 2015[left]Alexis and I took advantage of our close proximity to Japan, and we traveled to Kyushu - the southernmost island. We have many pictures of our excursion around the island. So, I'll leave the majority of the story Posted by Jason Willis in Willis Wanderlust | May 14, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 5: Shrines, Towers and Pokemon!Day five of our trip saw the weather swing back to being rainy and overcast, but as usual we didn't let it stop us.
Our first stop was Yasukuni shrine, one of Japan's most controversial shrines. Founded by Emperor Meiji, it Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 20, 2015
- ARIGATOU!!!La prima cosa che mi e' stata chiesta al rientro da Tokyo e' stata: "ma rispetto alla Cina, com'e'?"
Ragazzi, mi spiace dirlo, ma NON c'e' proprio paragone...NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Impossibile fare il confronto perche' per Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 15, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 4: Tokyo DisneylandApril 6th is our wedding anniversary, so we decided to keep our day out in Disneyland until that day. It was our second time visiting the park, our first back in 2013, and we woke to beautiful sunshine. The journey Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 7, 2015
- Chilling in Japan, food trauma and onwards to ChinaThursday
We'd not got any major plans today, just having a chilled day and then heading out for dinner with some of Craig's friends tonight. I had a bit of a lay in (9am - woo hoo!) which was lovely.
About eleven Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 6, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 3: Ueno, Akasuka and NakameguroWaking up at 7.30am, I took a look outside to notice that one of the offices across from us was already filled with workers! This wasn't an unusual sight by the end of the trip, yet I was always amazed Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 5, 2015
- Yokohama, Kyoto and Tokyo Friday
So today I woke up at 4am again, I tried my best to go back to sleep but that wasn't happening so i got up and parked myself in our Craig's living room, between then and Craig waking up I'd Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 1, 2015
- Okini, Kyoto and arigato, JapanAfter six days in Tokyo we were ready for a rest, and decided to spend two nights in Nikko, a small edo-era town in the mountains north of Tokyo. The Japanese have a saying about Nikko: 'Never say "kekko" until Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jul 1, 2015
- In the miso soupIf anyone has seen 'Tokyo Nights', an episode of Anthony Bourdain's TV programme Parts Unknown, you'll have some idea of what our time in Tokyo was like. Alighting from the plane we felt, well, jet-lagged doesn't cover it. Flying from Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jun 30, 2015
- ARIGATOU!!!Ehi si, stavolta sono andata ancora un po' più a est di quanto avrei potuto...Giappone:Tokyo!!!
Un'esperienza breve ma super intensa, mi sono letteralmente innamorata di Tokyo e dei giapponesi...sono troppo gentili, educati, hanno un savoir fair Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 28, 2015
- Temple dayWe cheked in. Then we went to are room.
Then we took a public bath.this Is after.
The next day woke up early.
For morn Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jun 24, 2015
- the trains daywe took a train from kyoto to osaka. then we took metro. then another train.
then cable car.
Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jun 21, 2015
- 1st full day in Kyotofirst we went to shoren-in temple.
then we had lunch. then we went on a rickshaw.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jun 20, 2015
- the day of travlingwe went on a bullet train.!!‼!!!then I went to a market. we ate sushi behind the counter.
Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jun 18, 2015
- Tokyo, Japan==Day 1====Your heading here...==: Self Guided Tour of Shibuya
Shibuya is the trendy and fashionable shopping district of Tokyo. Ideally this tour should be on a Sunday as this is when you can see the best of the Harajuku fashion and Posted by Josip98 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 11, 2015
- Tokyo Day One
I arrive at Tokyo International Airport and am about to start exploring my last city on my trip around the world. I check into my hotel, which is called the Remm Hibiya. This hotel is a four star and Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 2 Part 2: KamakuraAfter spending the morning following the Daibutsu hiking trail, we left Daibutsu and made our way through Kamakura to Hasedera Temple.
Hasedera Temple is one of Kamakura's main attractions, and for good reason. Its a beautiful comple Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jun 7, 2015
- Japan - Hiroshima and Okinawa[center]We arrived in Hiroshima (HiROshima!) at around 7am and following their instructions, made our way to our hostel.
K’s House has many hostels throughout Japan and just like Kyoto, we thought the Hiroshima branch was just as good. Comfy beds with Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Jun 5, 2015