- Kyoto and HiroshimaOn Thursday I had plans to go to Kyoto for the day so I left the hotel at 7am and made my way via Shinjuku station to Tokyo station to catch the 8am Shankensen train. As my rail pass Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Off to TokyoAfter a good night’s sleep I got the express train to Vladivostok airport to get my flight to Tokyo. This was the first flight of the trip and 2 hours after taking off we landed at Narita airport. Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Takasaki’s Good FortuneNo matter how many times we ride the Japanese bullet trains, (the Shinkansen), we can’t fail to be enthralled. One minute we’re hurtling through the urban jungle of Tokyo’s sprawling suburbs and the next we’re a hundred miles away in Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 31, 2016
- Toruko RiceToruko rice is a famous dish in Nagasaki. The dish consists of Tonkatsu (deep fried pork cutlet), curry pilaf and spaghetti. The word Toruko means Turkey in Japan and rice means rice so it basically means Turkish rice. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- Jako-Katsu and JakotenJakoten is the soul food of all soul food in Ehime Prefecture. No matter where you go in Ehime, Uwajima or Imabari, you will definitely find a place that sells Jakoten. So what is Jakoten? Well Jakoten Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- I Capture the CabinBested only by the best laid plans, humming energy keeps me close to surfacing for the duration of my three hour sleep. I spring up at a quarter to two, already having made peace with my lost phone and found Posted by Camp-Aztitz in The Hermetic Kingdoms | Mar 24, 2016
- Uwajima Tai-meshiTai-meshi is one of the more well-known soul food of Ehime prefecture. However people from abroad might not know that there are actually 2 types of Tai-meshi in Ehime. The first one is the Matsuyama style which is Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 4, 2016
- Japan - TokyoKonnichiwa! Hello everyone!
We have arrived safely in Tokyo, which is the capital of Japan. We had an incredible five days here and enjoyed trying to speak Japanese as nobody could speak English.
* Japanese people use ch Posted by Kfabian in My BIG Adventure | Mar 3, 2016
- Age-Tai BurgerI found out this joint while wandering around the streets near Okaido. This burger joint first caught my eye because my friend told me that I have to try their Tai or Hamachi if I ever go to Ehime. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 1, 2016
- Imabari Yakibuta Tamago MeshiThis is one of the soul food of Imabari City which is located Northern side of Ehime prefecture near the Seto Inlet. Though butadon (pork over rice) is very common in Japanese cuisine this is yet different than the Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 28, 2016
- Osnivanje pulske baze na OkinawiNaha - Chatan - Kadena - Kunigami - Higashi - Shah bay - Nago - Kadena - Naha
Okinawanski otočići prekrasni već iz aviona, sve nijanse tirkizne vode jasno ocrtavaju kako izlaze iz vode. Rado bih da me samo Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Feb 18, 2016
- Forgotten Japan PostI found this little beauty hiding in the draft folder. I guess I forgot to publish it! A mystery illness sucked all our energy out and rendered us bed ridden for a few day which is probably why it didn't Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 16, 2016
- Muroran's Curry RamenSo, I've dropped by Muroran, a city just 3 or so hours away from Sapporo by Limited Express train. However I was headed to Kushiro from Hakodate and thought it was a good idea to drop by Muroran just Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 14, 2016
- A Winter's TaleOur Christmas cake...
Any Canadian dreaming of a white Christmas this year was probably disappointed when El Nino showed up and pushed the winter thermometers through the roof. However, the gia Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 3, 2016
- Robata YakiRobata yaki is a way of cooking, usually grilling your food over coal. I've had this amazing experience of robata yaki when I visited Hokkaido. The region that's famous for this style cooking is no other than Kushiro Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 30, 2016
- YokohamaThe beginning of the end for my time in Japan really started back at the beginning of 2014. Knowing it was my last year on the program I'd signed up to attend the leavers conference in Yokohama. An annual 2-day Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | Jan 26, 2016
- Seriously?!?Let us know if anyone want us to bring them back some $70 strawberries, $1400 rice cooker, or $850 kids school backpack.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 25, 2016
- Thayda's favorite thing so far...Many of you probably know about the high tech toilets in Japan but experiencing them for the first time is pretty funny! Thayda thinks the heated seats, music function, and different water stream options are hilarious. So funny in Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 23, 2016
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThanks to jet lag we were up at 4:30 am and went to Tsukiji Fish Market. Tsukiji market is one of the largest wholesale market for fish, fruits and vegetables in Tokyo and it is controlled chaos! From piles of Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 23, 2016
- Welcome to Japan!We made it! The flight was great and thanks to some serious tail winds we landed in Tokyo almost an hour early. Keaton and Thayda have been travel superstars so far with hardly any complaints.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/800209/6b693f2f-f..f Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- Hikone Hanami and Hiking HieizanI suspect the word 'last' is going to creep into these next few entries quite a bit, and it begins here with my last hanami (Spring cherry blossom viewing). Which I'll cover briefly as I have A LOT of catching Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | Jan 26, 2016
- Hakodate Lucky PierrotSo you came all the way to Hakodate and I bet the last thing on your mind would be having a hamburger. Yes, you did not read it wrong, I'm talking about hambugers. Everyone thinks Hakodate is all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 15, 2016
- Hakodate Shio RamenHakodate's shio ramen is also a local cuisine eaten among locals. When you think of Hokkaido you would think of miso ramen and not shio but for Hakodate, shio ramen is the way to go. The soup base Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 5, 2016
- Cisco RiceCisco rice is a really awesome dish you can find in Hakodate. Though this dish is only featured at one restaurant near the Red Brick district, locals (especially students) frequent this joint. So what is this Cisco Rice? Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 4, 2016
- Chanchan YakiHello, I am back with a dish that is famous in the Hokkaido region called "chan chan yaki". You might all ask, "so what is this "chan chan yaki?" No worries, I am here to tell you all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 2, 2016