- When it Rains, it PoursFor anyone reading our blog who has suffered a bit of sun-envy from our photos, you may be pleased to hear that it chucked it down today. All day! On the bus ride to Kyoto Studios, Emma was observant enough Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 17, 2012
- Tazawako, an Onsen and Iris Fans RejoiceTuesday 16th October
Good American Breakfast to start the day, at least how the Japanese see it. Juice, yoghurt to which you add your own amount of fruit compote, salad, eggs (fried, scrambled of omelette) ham or sausages, toast and croissant Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to SensojiExiting the Asakusa Nitenmon Exit, you come straight to the Nitenmon gate of Asakusa Kannon.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- JapanIn 2009, I went to Japan and spent four days with a host family. The family was part of "Hippo Family Club", a club where members get together on a weekly basis to practice several different languages.
Hippo Family Club Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 16, 2012
- Tazawako, AkitaMonday 15th October
Hello, have you wondered where we had been. We have been nearing the top of Honshu, in a place called Tazawako. No wi-fi to be had at that hotel so this is being typed in Tokyo. Hooray finally Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- Day 5 Nara and Kobe
Nara was a nice relaxing spot. After getting off the train in Nara, I spotted a place that served tempura chicken! It was okay. Not enough meat. Too much rice.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- 10,000 Torii GatesYesterday we took our last ride on the Shinkansen (bullet train) with our trusty JR Pass and arrived in Kyoto. First on the packed itinerary Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, just outside central Kyoto.
We were greeted by a fox at Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 16, 2012
- Day 3 Hikone and Oooooooosaka Here are two quick pictures that I took of K's House Tokyo Hostel the morning I left. Luckily, my three other roommates were also awake at 5 AM too (one of them just got back from partying all night... wish Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 15, 2012
- Wowaweewa, it's Miyajima From the time we started our research, Miyajima was a place that we were both really excited about visiting. Its beauty is renowned and it has been named one of the 3 top scenic spots to visit in Japan.
Coming Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- HM Miyajima Backpackers PrisonThere has a brief intermission in blogging as we have just served a sentence in Miyajima Backpackers Prison. Let us explain...
After a rather frantic train journey, we arrived at Miyajima and found our hostel with little difficulty (we're becoming quit Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- MotoGP Motegi Twin Ring Circuit, JapanSunday 14th October
Up at 5am to catch the first bus, 5:50am, to the race track. Queues already forming so I stood in while Chris grabbed us the good ol Maccers, bacon egg mcmuffin, hash brown and coffee combo to get Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Water bus from Hama Rikyu to AsakusaThe boat pier at Hama Rikyu is just a 6 minutes walk from the Otemon gate in front. Boats arrive every half hour, with the first boat departing from Hama Rikyu at 10:35 am.
It's a great way to reach Asakusa Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Bright Lights, Big City.Fukuoka has a really different atmosphere from the other cities that we have been in. This city really is an urban jungle and has a fast paced, hard nosed feel about it. Fukuoka is said to be the hedonistic centre Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to the Hama Rikyu Gardens in TokyoHama Rikyu Gardens
There are two reasons to get to this famous garden area in Tokyo. One is to visit Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning, have the Sushi Breakfast and make your way here. Second, is to make this your Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Utsunomiya - MotoGP Here We ComeSaturday 13th October
Another glorious clear morning. Room affords such a great view of Mt Fuji
I think they must have taken pity in us because breakfast hot pot was ham and we added the Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- We Go To the MountainFriday 12th October
Beautiful morning and a clear view of Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. Surprised it does not have snow on top, thought it was one of those mountains that always did. Discovered we could open the window so we Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- The first 24 hours
After landing in Narita Airport and taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station... it hit me that I was in a completely different country. Tokyo Station was ridiculously complicated. The Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- My Top 30 Favorite Places in JapanBGM: 花咲く旅路 (Hanasaku Tabiji) by Yuko Hara
I had a really tough time narrowing this list down to just thirty, since everywhere I go in Japan seems to make my jaw drop in one way or another. But these particular places Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Oct 11, 2012
- Let's Champ on some ChamponThis morning started with a trip to Dejima Wharf. Dejima was a tiny island that served as Japan's only gateway to Europe for more than 200 years and was constructed in 1636 to isolate Europeans and the spread of Christianity. Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 10, 2012
- Nagasaki Peace ParkAfter yesterday's festivities, we stepped out for a more sobering trip to the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum and Peace Park to learn about the 1945 bombing.
The museum demonstrates through remnants of buildings and objects the devastation that the atomic Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 10, 2012
- Kyoto - Golden Pavilion, Ryoanji Temple and Nijo CastleTuesday 9th October
Today was meant to be a day of touring at a more relaxed pace since we had an extra day to play with, of course that didnt mean any less walking and 11kms later our feet were letting Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 9, 2012
- Festival in Nagasaki & Everyone's InvitedKunchi means celebration holiday and has a history of more than 370 years. Each year, Nagasaki's historic towns alternate putting on performances, with 5 organising shows this year.
Kunchi has the atmosphere of a street festival with all the acts Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 9, 2012
- Hiroshima in a DaySunday 7th October
Early start, how unusual is that. Caught the bus outside hotel back into city and the Peace Park. Glorious day for sightseeing.
Walked through Hondori Street arcade, but everything closed still, on to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Mu Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A Room with a ViewWe think we've discovered the secret to Japanese efficiency: a hard work ethic and social pressures mean that of the 10 days annual holiday that Japanese employees are entitled to, most take 0 days off. Word of mouth is that Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 7, 2012
- Budget Camping in Daigo, IbarakiBGM: Panini Pua Kea by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Sometimes, you come across one of those places that just captures your heart and won't let go. Self-help books always suggest that we each have a "happy place." I can't help but smile whenever Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Aug 10, 2010