- Japan Photo AlbumMy photo album of Japan is up and available. Click [[https://plus.google.com/photos/105315951877062706703/albums/6156620913593991889?authkey=COGju_jQ19bFcA|[[Japan Photo Album]]]] to view it! Click on a picture and you can start a slide show!
Enjoy! Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jun 4, 2015
- AsiaThe last country from Asia I will be visiting is Tokyo, Japan! I'm actually very excited to visit the city of Tokyo, I always watched anime as a kid and involved the city of 'Tokyo' in it, and now I Posted by ejrvaldez16 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 31, 2015
- TokyoThis was going to be Rob's first trip to Singapore! Since the flight is so long (20+ hours travel time), we decided to stop in Tokyo for a couple of nights on our way to Singapore. We landed at Tokyo Posted by RobJill in ROB and JILL's BLOG | Apr 27, 2014
- Tokyo 2015: Day 2 Part 1: KamakuraWe decided to spend our second day in Tokyo visiting one of our favourite places in Japan, the beautiful coastal city of Kamakura. It’s a simple one hour train ride from Tokyo Station to Kita-Kamakura, with the station conveniently located Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | May 28, 2015
- JapanFor our last day in Japan, we decided to head to the Ueno Park area of Tokyo - very popular, home of the Japanese National Museum, and a great place for all to spend an afternoon.
After getting off the train Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 23, 2015
- JapanOur first stop - a must for anyone visiting Tokyo - is the Akihabara Electric District. Akihabara gained the nickname Akihabara Electric Town shortly after World War II for being a major shopping center for household electronic goods and the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 22, 2015
- JapanToday we ventured to Odaiba Island - on the other side of Tokyo from where we were staying, not far from Tokyo Disneyland. My traveling companion has never visited there during his time living in Japan. Odaiba is a large Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 21, 2015
- Tokyo II - Return of the GaijinToured Osaka, in the rain, mainly to see Osaka Castle. I am starting to get the ABC (Another Bloody Castle) syndrome you get when travelling old countries that have that kind of thing. Those who have been to Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 20, 2015
- JapanToday was a special day as we had booked a tour to the 11th day of the May Suma Wrestling Championships. We saw all of the top tier wrestlers.
However, we started the day with a subway trip to the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 20, 2015
- test Posted by crmsoda in Europe 2015 | May 19, 2015
- JapanMost Americans think Grand Central Station or Penn Station in New York are impressive. They don't even compare to Kyoto Station. It's 11 stories tall - seven escalators to get to the top and handles millions and millions Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 19, 2015
- JapanWe started our day a little early today, because the weather guessers had suggested there was a 90% chance of rain at 4:00pm (they were wrong). Our first stop - a short taxi ride from the hotel was the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 18, 2015
- Where am I...?Been a bit on the go since Kyoto. Did a couple of days there, and took in the Kinkaku-ji (which means Golden Pavilion, and is hence gold in colour), the Ginkaku-ji (which means Silver Pavilion, and is not silver Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 17, 2015
- JapanAfter sleeping in after our grand march yesterday, we left the hotel at about 11:00am and boarded one of the Japan Rail local Trains to the Emmachi Station to be begin site- seeing for the day - a gorgeous one.
The Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 17, 2015
- JapanToday was a 'hike' day. In spite of using five subway trains, we hiked about 7.5 miles to view several of the historic sites of this wonderful city! Our first stop was the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 16, 2015
- JapanAlthough long - five trains and two ferry's, today was an exceptionally rewarding one as we visited two of Japan's most iconic sites. The Miyajima Island is perhaps the most picturesque in Japan. Featured is the Itsukushima Shine Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 15, 2015
- JapanAfter a leisurely morning - still trying to adjust to a 13 hour time zone change - we took a taxi to the Shinagawa train station to catch the 11:40am Shinkansen (Bullet) train to Kyoto to start the next phase Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 14, 2015
- Anyone for earthquakes...?Yep, had my first earthquake this morning (not from anything I ate, a fair dinkum one). About 0630, just getting ready for brekky, and all of a sudden the whole room started to shake. Almost like being on Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 13, 2015
- JapanI have been to Japan before when I was in the Navy, but never had the time to see the sites of Japan in a leisurely or organized way. This is that opportunity!
We flew from Atlanta to Narita Tokyo Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 13, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 2After a brief convenience store bought lunch, we headed to Shinjuku with our first stop being Shinjuku Goen (garden). During our last visit to Tokyo we were disappointed to find it closed but today it was open and rapidly filling Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | May 12, 2015
- Typhoon dayWandered around Asakusa last night, looks great at night. You can also see the place from my hotel window (hence the name 'Asakusa View Hotel').
(And for Rick: it's not 6500 yen, it's more like 65,000 yen - he'll know Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 12, 2015
- Made it, complete with plane and cabin crew...Finally arrived in Tokyo after stinking hot stopover in Singapore. Weather is great here, mid 20s, with a touch of sunburn on the bonce necessitating the purchase of another hat (cause I forgot to bring one).
So after sleeping well Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 10, 2015
- Japan - Tokyo continued, Kyoto and Osaka[center]When we got back to the hostel, I was pretty tired so didn’t stay up late, but Ricky started playing drinking games with some of the other people in our hostel so I left him to it and went to Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | May 10, 2015
- Japan - TokyoI discovered, when booking our flights to Narita airport in Tokyo that it would be easier, quicker and a lot less hassle it we departed from Beijing rather than the airport closest to us.
So we sped along the track on Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | May 8, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 1
So, here we are, our first proper blog post. We recently visited Tokyo so to get ourselves ready to cover our experiences in China, we’ve decided to cover this trip first! Our first full day In Tokyo was spent in Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Apr 29, 2015