- Tokyo - The CapitalBreakfast on the 30th floor was the start of the day, then it was onto the bus for our last day with the tour. The plan was to experience as much of the life of Tokyo as possible. Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 18, 2013
- Japan - Everything is Tokyo-KPrepare yourself for a lot of me waxing lyrical as I simply adored this country. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I never got bored, was enthralled and have since pined for it. It is my Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 18, 2013
- OsakaIt's great, we had a late checkout at noon! This meant a more leisurely start and breakfast at Starbucks nearby. Though Paul made use of the hotel breakfast vouchers by getting take away beverages to have in the room Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 18, 2013
- OsakaAll the western style breakfasts we have had in Japan are yucky because they lack good fruit and the bread is insultingly soft white and sweet. Tomorrow morning, Starbucks is looking attractive.....
Today we had a to see list. Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 17, 2013
- Into the Big SmokeAfter our second night in a Ryokan, we rolled out of bed, literally, and headed out for a walk near Lake Suwa. It was only about 6.30 and quite beautiful, with folks doing their Tai Chi on the shore. Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 16, 2013
- Miyajima and OsakaWaking up in the ryokan today, it felt really like Japan because the light was coming in through the paper and wood screen. The traditional inn is a must-do experience.
Today's breakfast was similar to the other ryokans where it Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 16, 2013
- Hiroshima and Miyajima IslandThis morning seems like eons ago.
We left Hiroshima, eventually. Just a diversion to see the Mazda factory..... To get there we got a taxi to the JR Station, put our bags in the locker and waited at the platform Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 15, 2013
- Takayama Festival Fun and Another CastleWe were up and around early again after our first night on a futon and tatami mat, and then off into the town centre. We walked through the old town and the sake sales area.The floats from the festival Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 15, 2013
- TokyoI saw Pavlina again (a girl I met in a guest house in Korea). She and her boyfriend, Gaku invited me to their place and took good care of me :D
First night a walk around the city and a crazy Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 15, 2013
- Heading North - Sakura FestivalOur morning began on the bus at 8.00, with the Guide and driver being very impressed that we were all as prompt as the Shinkensan. (For those of you who have ever been on a tour, you will realise Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 14, 2013
On Friday 12 April, we left Kyoto by train and headed towards Matsue. Our first of two trains was a high-speed Japanese bullet train, nicely referred to as a Shinkansen (which we lear Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 14, 2013
- HiroshimaWell the breakfast here is very nice. At last there is a nice hotel breakfast buffet. I was slightly perturbed when a half American half Japanese girl turned around and started to talk to me. She thought Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 14, 2013
- Shake, Shinkansen, Shinto and ShrinesOur day began with the building rattling and swaying in an earthquake of between 5.8 and 6.2. Interesting experience when you are on the 14th floor. Fortunately no damage, just frightening. Because of the quake our trip Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 13, 2013
- HiroshimaThe breakfast at the hotel was worth avoiding. We got to Kyoto station nice and early and had a much nicer breakfast in a cafe there. Our train ride was quite long this time, 2 hours from Kyoto to Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 13, 2013
- Kyoto and Nara
We left Kanazawa by train on Sunday morning 7 April for a two-hour ride to Kyoto. We were a little concerned about the weather as the Sunday newspaper said trains to Kyoto may be cancell Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 13, 2013
- KyotoToday we walked a total of 16 kilometres which beats the previous record of 13km. The day started at 9 and ended 12 hours later.
We took a bus to the other side of Kyoto, it was a 50 min Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 12, 2013
- From Traditional to ModernTraditional Japanese breakfast - eggs in many ways, lots of veggies and some fish. Good if you are careful about what you choose. First call were the beautiful Ritsurin gardens and a traditional Shinto Shrine. There are Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 12, 2013
Springtime in Japan is marked by the blooming of beautiful cherry blossoms, called [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura|sakura]]. For a couple of weeks in mid-March and early Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Apr 12, 2013
- Nagasaki to MatsuyamaDay began with paper crane folding, watching Ian was a delight in itself.
Our first point of call was the Hell Pools, so named as the belief was that hell was coming u Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 11, 2013
- KyotoClearly I'm not very good at writing short blogs, as demonstrated by yesterday's entry.
This morning we brought our own strawberries to the breakfast room. Sick of the lack of fresh fruit.
We had a slightly later start today, and headed off Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 11, 2013
- KyotoIt's late and it's been such a long day. I want to write a lot but the bed beckons.... I shall try to be concisely descriptive.
Breakfast was not great. Tomorrow we will BYO fruit. Why don't Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 10, 2013
- Fukuoka to Nagasaki Enjoyed a slightly later start before boarding the bus at 9 am. Spent quite a bit of time at a representation of and ancient settlement. They have actually built a whole village above the ruins of the original. Quite Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 10, 2013
Look at that, it's the display of a restaurant. Real plastic food lol
Me Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 10, 2013
- NaraAn historical city full of temples, shrines and deers again lol
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/50862 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 10, 2013
- History, Shinto and ShushiThe thing about tours when you are looking at them at home is that you forget the early starts! 6.30 breakfast for 8 am departures. Oh well, at least you don't have to do the breakfast dishes.
We started Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 9, 2013