- Japan - Day 8 – MatsumotoLeaving [[http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/japan/central-honsh%C5%AB/takayama/|Takayama]], we traveled to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsumoto,_Nagano|Matsumoto]] via bus. The road was very windy and by the end we were both a little bit c Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 17, 2013
- Japan - Day 7 – TakayamaWe left right after breakfast to explore the town. Our first stop was the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5907.html|Miyagawa Market]] by the river which felt just like the booths at Japanese festivals back home, except with a lot less people since it's d Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 16, 2013
- Japan - Day 6 – Shirakawa-go and TakayamaAfter breakfast we headed upstairs to grab our stuff and head out for [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html|Shirakawa-go]] and [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5900.html|Takayama]]. I was surprised though to hear a ringing, Mat from [[http://www.insid Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 13, 2013
- The Japanese adventure continues...I have been pretty bad at keeping updated so this is a pretty long entry! I'm sorry. There is so much distracting me and keeping me busy here. I love Japan! I feel exhausted at the amount of stuff I've Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Nov 13, 2013
- Japan - Day 5 – Kanazawa TourIt had started raining the evening before, which was one reason why we chose not to explore the area much. It rained all night and we were afraid it was going to continue, but by the time we left Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 13, 2013
- Japan - Day 4 – Travel to KanazawaStarted the day off by waking up super early due to having gone to bed so early. That meant I was able to get the photos in order to be ready to upload them at Starbucks! We went Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 6, 2013
- Japan - Day 3 - Ghibili Museum and Park/ZooOur free day, we had the[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghibli_Museum| Ghibli Museum]] reserved for noon, so we explored a bit more around the area of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensoji|Sensoji Temple]] which we had missed. We then made our way (on ou Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 5, 2013
- Japan - the 2nd instalment.Our first full day here was spent exploring the city in the pouring rain. It was chucking it down and there was absolutely no rest bite from it. In our infinite wisdom we had both decided to go out in Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Nov 4, 2013
- Japan, the land of the rising sun. Hello from Japan!
I arrived into Narita airport after a pretty crappy flight from Cambodia. I had a 4 hour lay over in Shanghai which was not so great in the middle of the night when I was tired but Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Nov 3, 2013
- Japan - Day 2 – Tokyo Tour Part 2After the Meji Shrine, we went across the street to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harajuku|Harajuku]] to tour the smaller, original shopping street. There were a lot of interesting stores, including (funnily enough) Claire’s, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 3, 2013
- Japan - Day 2 - Tokyo TourDay 2
Busy day! The lovely Hiroko-san was our guide for the day. She took us around [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensoji|Sensoji Shrine]], to the Post Office for an ATM and then introduced us to the rail system to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukij Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 2, 2013
- Japan - Day 1We showed up at LAX with plenty of time, however the flight ended up delayed for around 3 hours because of a software update (which I guess was really important). There were playing card boxes on our seats and Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 2, 2013
- Japan - We're here and Internet connectionWe made it just fine, despite some delays, but I'll write that up tonight.
Unfortunately it seems that our hotels will only have LAN (if anything) and the Surface is only wireless. Also, I am so far unable to send images Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 31, 2013
- Takehara City Shokeinomichi Candle Festival, Hiroshima Pref.(BGM: "Miagete Goran Yoru No Hoshi O" by Kyu Sakamoto)
An acquaintance had informed me about a unique art festival in Takehara City's Historical District (町並み保存地区 Matchinami Hozonchiku), a lovingly preserved neighborhood with still-functioning Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Oct 31, 2013
- Hai, Japan! I arrived at Tokyo airport, NRT, a day before Steve so had a chance to check out the town of Narita. Friends, Dorit and John had recommended the Narita Gateway (Port) Hotel, and they were spot on. Close to the Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Oct 26, 2013
- Bye-Bye Japan [center]Unfortunately, time passes by and my year in Japan has come to an end. [/center]
I had a great time working as an intern at [[http://www.lexlrf.org/Home.htm|LEX/Hippo Family Club]] in Tokyo. The experience taught me a lot, widened my world view Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 20, 2013
- Stalking the GeishasFor those eagle-eyed people who have been reading our blog for a year (how has it been a year already??), you may have realised that today is a special day- Alex’s birthday. This was his second birthday away from Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 15, 2012
- Would you could you sleep on a plane, a train, a table?We had a great last day in Hawaii. We went on a snorkeling trip on a boat called the Quicksilver that took us to Molikini. It's a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Oct 18, 2013
- Arigato amazing Japan!After a relaxing and laid back week in the Philippines we arrived in JAPAN on September 24th!
A country I honestly didn't know much about more than the typical sushi, Tokyo and karaoke! And yes this might sound a bit (or Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Oct 7, 2013
- Naked in the hot springsWe have used a hell of a lot of public transport today. Pretty much every kind of transport you can possibly use bar the batmobile. The bullet train was first and was incredible, taking us from Tokyo to Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 14, 2012
- Wearing bibs to dinnerWe had a little sad, but cute, moment when we left the JGH hostel this morning as our host Ayumi came to see us off. She looked genuinely upset that we were leaving and she even gave us a Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 13, 2012
- Am I supposed to eat this?Today we set out with more of an idea of what we wanted to do thanks to our lucky find of the tourist info office. So we set out with heads high and resolve strong to start the day Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 11, 2012
- Stars of Japanese TVWe hold up our hands and admit that we messed up a little on Tokyo. Having so many other countries to think about and with a tour already booked, we neglected to buy a travel guide or even do Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 10, 2012
- Last day in Hiroshima The plan was to go to Sandankyo gorge today, but we didn't leave the hostel in enough time and missed the bus. The next bus wasn't for two hours which would mean we wouldn't have much time there and we'd Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Mirajyama day tripWe went to mirajyama the island for a day trip today, caught the tram to the end of the line then a ferry across to the island.
We saw the tori gate which was impressive coming out of the water and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013