- Japan - TokyoKonnichiwa! Hello everyone!
We have arrived safely in Tokyo, which is the capital of Japan. We had an incredible five days here and enjoyed trying to speak Japanese as nobody could speak English.
* Japanese people use ch Posted by Kfabian in My BIG Adventure | Mar 3, 2016
- Age-Tai BurgerI found out this joint while wandering around the streets near Okaido. This burger joint first caught my eye because my friend told me that I have to try their Tai or Hamachi if I ever go to Ehime. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 1, 2016
- Imabari Yakibuta Tamago MeshiThis is one of the soul food of Imabari City which is located Northern side of Ehime prefecture near the Seto Inlet. Though butadon (pork over rice) is very common in Japanese cuisine this is yet different than the Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 28, 2016
- Osnivanje pulske baze na OkinawiNaha - Chatan - Kadena - Kunigami - Higashi - Shah bay - Nago - Kadena - Naha
Okinawanski otočići prekrasni već iz aviona, sve nijanse tirkizne vode jasno ocrtavaju kako izlaze iz vode. Rado bih da me samo Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Feb 18, 2016
- Forgotten Japan PostI found this little beauty hiding in the draft folder. I guess I forgot to publish it! A mystery illness sucked all our energy out and rendered us bed ridden for a few day which is probably why it didn't Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 16, 2016
- Muroran's Curry RamenSo, I've dropped by Muroran, a city just 3 or so hours away from Sapporo by Limited Express train. However I was headed to Kushiro from Hakodate and thought it was a good idea to drop by Muroran just Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 14, 2016
- A Winter's TaleOur Christmas cake...
Any Canadian dreaming of a white Christmas this year was probably disappointed when El Nino showed up and pushed the winter thermometers through the roof. However, the gia Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 3, 2016
- Robata YakiRobata yaki is a way of cooking, usually grilling your food over coal. I've had this amazing experience of robata yaki when I visited Hokkaido. The region that's famous for this style cooking is no other than Kushiro Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 30, 2016
- YokohamaThe beginning of the end for my time in Japan really started back at the beginning of 2014. Knowing it was my last year on the program I'd signed up to attend the leavers conference in Yokohama. An annual 2-day Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | Jan 26, 2016
- Seriously?!?Let us know if anyone want us to bring them back some $70 strawberries, $1400 rice cooker, or $850 kids school backpack.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 25, 2016
- Thayda's favorite thing so far...Many of you probably know about the high tech toilets in Japan but experiencing them for the first time is pretty funny! Thayda thinks the heated seats, music function, and different water stream options are hilarious. So funny in Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 23, 2016
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThanks to jet lag we were up at 4:30 am and went to Tsukiji Fish Market. Tsukiji market is one of the largest wholesale market for fish, fruits and vegetables in Tokyo and it is controlled chaos! From piles of Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 23, 2016
- Welcome to Japan!We made it! The flight was great and thanks to some serious tail winds we landed in Tokyo almost an hour early. Keaton and Thayda have been travel superstars so far with hardly any complaints.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/800209/6b693f2f-f..f Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- Hikone Hanami and Hiking HieizanI suspect the word 'last' is going to creep into these next few entries quite a bit, and it begins here with my last hanami (Spring cherry blossom viewing). Which I'll cover briefly as I have A LOT of catching Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | Jan 26, 2016
- Hakodate Lucky PierrotSo you came all the way to Hakodate and I bet the last thing on your mind would be having a hamburger. Yes, you did not read it wrong, I'm talking about hambugers. Everyone thinks Hakodate is all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 15, 2016
- Hakodate Shio RamenHakodate's shio ramen is also a local cuisine eaten among locals. When you think of Hokkaido you would think of miso ramen and not shio but for Hakodate, shio ramen is the way to go. The soup base Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 5, 2016
- Cisco RiceCisco rice is a really awesome dish you can find in Hakodate. Though this dish is only featured at one restaurant near the Red Brick district, locals (especially students) frequent this joint. So what is this Cisco Rice? Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 4, 2016
- Chanchan YakiHello, I am back with a dish that is famous in the Hokkaido region called "chan chan yaki". You might all ask, "so what is this "chan chan yaki?" No worries, I am here to tell you all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 2, 2016
- Tako ShabuI have finally gotten the chance to travel to Wakkanai and try one of their local cuisines. One might think that it is not worth riding the train for 5+ hours from Sapporo just to get here to eat Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Dec 19, 2015
- What can you learn from Traveling Solo?Well for one, it took me a while to write this reflection about my trip to Japan. I took this trip to quench my fear about loneliness (I get moody on Sundays). This is pretty ironic if you think about Posted by ibeyuranh in Japan November 2015 | Dec 15, 2015
- Ika YakiIka yaki is one of many great foods in Osaka. You might of heard of the other kinds of yaki which Osaka serves like Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki but these two aren't the only food in Osaka which has the Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Dec 13, 2015
- Kasu UdonKasu udon is an Osaka classic dish. When people hear the word Osaka, one might immediately think of takoyaki and okonomiyaki but never udon. However, udon is something really common in Osaka and most of the people here Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Nov 28, 2015
- Kiritanpo NabeKiritanpo Nabe is a dish famous in the Northern part of Akita prefecture. Kiritanpo is a type of food made resembling the form of a sausage. Unlike sausages, kiritanpo is made out of rice mashed into a paste Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Nov 1, 2015
- Week 13: Japan: Okinawa/NaritaWeek 13: Japan: Okinawa/Narita
Friday 9th -Thursday 15th October
Yukari had work, works at a special needs school. Yoshi has day off which is good of him. He and Marina took us to the famous Shuri castle It was Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Oct 21, 2015
- CelebrationsI am delighted, overjoyed, over the moon to announce the arrival of my first grandchild, a son born to Mami and James at about 1 pm Tokyo time today, Sunday 18th October 2015. Many, many congratulations and love Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Oct 18, 2015