- Skiing in Myoko KogenBoring stuff - time to pack. In the morning it is goodbye Blue Wave Inn, you have served us well. We head out to the station and make sure L is on her train to Haneda, the we head Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Jan 13, 2013
- SNEAKY RELIGIONS: THEY LURE YOU IN BY BEING NICE AND STUFF!I don't know if I've ever been as tempted to impulse-join a religion as I was the week or so we studied Tenrikyō. And in answer to your question, no. It was only PARTIALLY because their food is the best.
Every Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Jan 12, 2013
- Happy New Year![center]あけましておめでとう！![/center]
[center]New Years is probably my favorite holiday because it is the only time I am expected to hang out with friends all night long.
[center] Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 9, 2013
- Mind Over Matters Part I of III Every year our host mother Eikosan throws a New Years Party and invites several of her family members for dinner. This year she invited approximately 30 people and mentioned that she'd like us to attend. This was Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Jan 7, 2013
- STANDING UNDER WATERFALLS: FINALLY I DO A JAPAN STEREOTYPE.WELL, I'm sure everyone is utterly shocked at this, but let me tell you a secret.
I procrastinated again.
Yes, I dropped the ball during my last month and a half in Japan. In my defense, we were all VERY, VERY Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Jan 6, 2013
- Slightly Off KilterGreetings and Happy Holidays to everyone!
You are all in my thoughts and I wish you a happy holiday with friends and family.
Although i've settled in to Japan quite well, some things still seem impossible to wrap my head around Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Dec 30, 2012
- Chewing the Fat Ana and I met a couple of our neighbors for dinner at a restaurant near our apartment called Toriki. Toriki’s specialty is mainly meats served on stick, i.e. chicken and meatballs etc. When we arrived, a young Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Dec 26, 2012
- Land of the Rising SunWe arrived Haneda airport around 10.30pm on Friday. Lucky for us, my aunt was there to pick us up. Otherwise we would need to rush down to take the monorail before it ends its operation for the day. Aunt and Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Dec 24, 2012
- ChristmasA knock came at the door around eight in the evening, just as we were finishing eating dinner.
I yelled out, "IRANAI～～～", meaning "we don't need it", pretending that it was some late-working door-to-door salesman.
My host mom laughed Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Dec 24, 2012
- Day before departureI finally can get my mind back on the trip after two weeks of awaiting the arrival of Friday the 21st when I was scheduled for my thesis defense. I knew the material I wanted to discuss but had never Posted by Chapincita in Christmas 2012 | Dec 24, 2012
- Snowboarding day 4Very tired from snowboarding every day SO i will sum things up in bullet form:
Endless powdery mountain runs
doesn't hurt very much to fall off because its a soft landing.
Many bruises though from big tumbles though
So much fun!!! Posted by StephJeremy in White Christmas.....hot new year!! | Dec 22, 2012
- Panic ButtonGreetings from Japan!
Yesterday might have been the first day I felt a little stir crazy in this apartment.
I rolled out of bed around 9:00am...this took effort. After a little breakfast, skyping with my sister and a few cups of Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Dec 19, 2012
- FOOD[center]HOW can I spend an entire year in a foreign land and not write about the food I eat?[/center]
[center]I cannot. [/center]
Therefore, I shall write. [/center]
[center]This post is entirely dedicate Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Dec 17, 2012
- Letting It All Hang Out At Dinner
Eikosan and her two daughters invited Ana and I to help cook a traditional Japanese meal and enjoy it in the comforts of their home. This was a pretty cool offer, except i'm Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Dec 13, 2012
- Welcome to Yokohama, Japan!Konnichiwa!
This marks the end of my first week with Ana in Yokohama, Japan. It was been a great week. We've had full sun everyday and temps around 10C, which is about 40F. Today's high is going to Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Dec 11, 2012
- A Final Farewell Taste of Ibaraki BGM: "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley
After a restless night on a hard tatami floor in our sleeping bags, we naturally awoke with the sun and the familiar screeching of bulbuls happily plucking cherry petal remnants off the trees Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | Oct 2, 2012
- OkutamaThis past week, my eyes were opened to the fact that Japan is much more than a concrete jungle of lights and high-rise buildings.
For the first time, I was able to head west to Okutama, a mountainous region on Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Nov 26, 2012
- Travel Agents (caught in the act)"Thank you for calling, how may i assist you with your travel needs?"
You've probably heard stories about customer melt-downs and behavior that just leaves the rest of us shaking our heads, or how we got our tummy and head aches Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 24, 2012
- Decay===[i]A lone servant sat under the Rashomon Gate, waiting for the rain to stop. It was dilapidated here, as this part of Kyoto became victim to a battery of natural disasters – earthquakes, fires, famines. Once an affluent area, Rashomon Posted by PJChan714 in Wanderers Fantasy | Nov 15, 2012
- Japanese alps we boarded a Bus from shinjuku station in Tokyo to the town of Takayama in Hida district. It was a 4 and a half hour journey on very windy roads through the mountains. Luckily the bus had toilet because I Posted by karenandbyron in The Goves' Travel Diaries | Nov 13, 2012
- HIPPO Intern 2012-2013I think that my participation in various high school plays, yearly church Christmas plays, and innumerable high-school English class presentations have finally payed off!
I am constantly being asked to present, speak, and even MC at [[http://www.lexh Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Nov 12, 2012
- Konnichiwa JapanWorried about the business of the Chinese Moon Holiday, and the international travel, we arrived at the airport approximately 2 hours early. The airport was empty and our flight was delayed - fabulous! After napping and wandering around Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Sep 29, 2012
- Japanese Elementary SchoolsAs I had mentioned before, part of my job includes traveling to various elementary schools in Tokyo to give presentations about the [[http://www.lexhippo.gr.jp/english/|HIPPO Family Club]] as well as multilingualism and multiculturalism.
[center][b]A Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Nov 7, 2012
From Hong Kong we flew via Taipei to narita airport in Tokyo. Japan has always been on my list of places to visit and it exceeded my expectations. I loved Tokyo and can g Posted by karenandbyron in The Goves' Travel Diaries | Nov 6, 2012
- Japan Day 3 - Day Trip to Nikko Part 2The first temple in Nikko was founded more than 1,200 years ago along the shores of the Daiya River. The Shrine and templa ecomplex at Nikko takes a good 4-5 hours to see completely. A Y1000 ticket gets you entry Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Nov 4, 2012