- Indoors Osaka[center]
Our last bowl of ramen
Taking a nap in the mall. It was hooooot in Osaka, and we were tired of sweating, so we Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 1, 2012
- Kyoto to Osaka[center]
Mr. and Mrs. Beetle, our traveling companions
They're very attentive listeners
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 1, 2012
- KaruizawaOn Tuesday morning I hit the road early and hopped on a train bound for Karuizawa, a town in the Nagono prefecture. Karuizawa was "discovered" by Canadian missionary Alexander Croft Shaw. Since then it has become a popular Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- Tokyo with YuMy friend Yu, who lives in Tokyo, was nice enough to show us all around the city and even let us crash on the floor of his apartment at night.
Asian malls are something else
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 28, 2012
- Kamakura & Tokyo[center]
Chris, blending in with Tokyo commuters
Swaying bamboo in the hillside trails of Kamakura
[img=http://photo Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 27, 2012
- Day 5: RescueAll right, the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but I do wonder what would have happened to us if we hadn't been helped by those three kindly Japanese hikers, who saw us hobbling down the mountain.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/52945 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 24, 2012
- KyushuNach unserem Fuji-Abenteuer folgten wir der Einladung eines netten Ehepaares, das wir in der ersten Woche auf Irabu-jima kennengelernt hatten. Wir waren eben gerade ins Gespräch gekommen und schon wurden wir zu ihnen nach Hause in ihre Heimatstadt Kumamot Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 19, 2014
- Sake, Geisha and Ninja's!!Before we left Kyoto, we decided to see a show at a place called ‘Gion Corner’ which came highly recommended as a great way to better understand Japanese culture. We had no idea what to expect but arrived early Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 19, 2014
- Wie man sich bettet, so liegt manDem Japanreisenden bieten sich viele verschiedene Möglichkeiten, die Nacht zu verbringen. Für unser Verständnis eher ungewöhnlich sind die bereits
beschriebenen Internet-Cafés oder die "Capsule Hotels" - eine wie Bienenwaben angeordnete Ansammlung von K Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 18, 2014
- HakoneMonday was my last day in Tokyo, and so it was my last chance to see Mt. Fuji. The girl I had met at the hostel a few days before had also wanted to see Mt. Fuji, so we met Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- Ain't No Mountain High EnoughNach einem Abstecher in die Tempel- und Bergwelt von Nikko führte uns die Weiterreise in die Region um den Mount Fuji, den höchsten und heiligsten Berg Japans. Eigentlich handelt es sich um einen Vulkan, der allerding seit über 300 Jahren Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 16, 2014
- Tokyo: Asakusa, Harajuku, & ShibuyaOn Sunday I had planned on going to Hakone to try to see Mt. Fuji, but there was 90% chance of rain, so instead I decided to explore some other areas of Tokyo, and save Hakone for Monday.
I woke Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
Greetings from Japan, Kyoto to be precise.
Despite arriving in Japan amidst Typhoon Halong Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 15, 2014
- Getting to Daisetsuzan[center]
Cool! The trains have seats that can be converted to face in either direction. Ah, Japanese engineering. Delightful.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/large_P7182775 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 19, 2012
- Historic Hokkaido, Ainu Village, and Lake[center]It's the nature of these pre-packaged tours that you see too much in one day to feel anything but tired.
Historic toilet in Historic Hokkaido
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 17, 2012
- NikkoAls wir das letzte Mal in Japan waren, stand Nikko auf unserer Liste, schlussendlich mussten wir es aber aufgeben, weil wir zu wenig Zeit hatten. Dieses Mal wollten wir uns die Berge, Wälder und Tempelanlagen aber nicht entgehen lassen. Die Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Aug 14, 2014
- YokohamaWir wollten uns dieses Mal in Yokohama, einer, wie es schien, gemütlichen Hafenstadt installieren. Yokohama liegt nur 20 Minuten südlich von Tokio. Wir hatten allerdings an zwei Tagen mit Bekanntschaften von Okinawa abgemacht, sodass wir schliesslich doch Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Aug 14, 2014
- Tokyo: AkihabaraOn Saturday morning I left Hiroshima and hopped on the Shinkansen bound for Tokyo. The Shinkansen (Japanese bullet train) is like a plane on land. It hurtled me from one side of the country to the other in less than Posted by sneezekoofer in My Japan Travels 2014 | Aug 13, 2014
- Kumano Kodo PilgerrouteSo eine Reise kann man ja auf verschiedene Weisen machen. Nach vier Fluegen und einer Schiffsreise waren wir auf Irabu-jima in Okinawa gestrandet. Dann haben wir unsere Reise mit Schiff und Flugzeug fortgesetzt. Von Osaka aus sind wir dann mit Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Aug 13, 2014
- Osaka: Day 9I honestly didn't do much today. I walked around Ishibashi a bit, raided a Gachapon machine that is so totally old that the capsules on the inside were starting to become blackened. I left one capsule in there…how lonely.
I also Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 12, 2014
- On the Way from Tokyo to BangkokOk, time to fly to Bangkok!
Time definitely has started flying on this side of the world, but then again I'm not spending a lot of time per country anymore. So my 6 days in Japan are over, now I still Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Aug 12, 2014
- Osaka: Day 8Our day began with a trip to Osaka Castle (have I mentioned I've been riding the train alone? [it's only for one or two stations, but still very exciting]). At a steep ¥600 entry fee I was hoping for more…interesting Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 12, 2014
- Osaka: Day 7Arashiyama was beyond words. Of course looking at pictures of the bamboo forest on the internet is mesmerising and makes you wish you were there standing between two walls of bamboo, contemplating life itself among the quiet solitude of this Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 12, 2014
- Osaka: Day 6I never, as a Texan, thought I would say that. Typhoon Halong has caused us to have quite a bit of rain the past couple of days. Yesterday it wasn't so bad because of how tired we were from USJ; Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 12, 2014
- 遊。行。 @ 沖繩 國際通國際通，是沖繩那霸的一條商業購物街及主要遊客區。若是自駕遊的話，最好不要駕車前往，一來，國際通的停車場大多是要付費的，二來，不用走回頭路拿車。可於牧志站下車，步行到縣廳前站離開。[[ http://goo.gl/maps/BJEOF| http://goo.gl/maps/BJEOF]]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | May 11, 2013