- Kinchaku KitsuneIn this blog post I am going to talk about a famous B class our met delicacy in Nara prefecture called the "Kinchaku Kitsune". In Japanese, kinchaku means pouch and kitsune is that piece of friend tofu over a Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 21, 2015
- Curry Gyunyu Miso Ramen They Curry Gyunyu Miso Ramen (curry milk miso ramen) is one of the famous specialty ramen in Aomori prefecture of Japan. For those who do not know where Aomori is, it lies in the most northern part of main Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 20, 2015
- Ika-somenIka-somen is a dish that is most famous in Hakodate, Hokkaido. The word somen is referred to a common type of noodles in Japanese cuisine made of wheat flour and Ika means squid. So if transliterated correctly Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 20, 2015
- Genghis KhanYou probably heard of Genghis Khan before; the leader of the once all powerful mighty empire of Mongol. However, in Hokkaido, Genghis Khan is a name of a popular food. This dish resembles yakiniku but instead of beef, Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 19, 2015
- Kaisen-donKaisen-don is what every tourist who goes to Hokkaido and dream about eating aside from the famous Miso ramen. Kaisen means seafood and it has various different kinds of raw seafood being put on top of a bowl of Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 17, 2015
- Hokkaido Ramen Part OneThe most notable ramen in Hokkaido probably is Miso ramen. Everyone come from all around Japan to savour this delicious dish. However to people in Hokkaido, Miso ramen is just one out of many different types of ramen flavours Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 15, 2015
- Soup CurryMostly known as the Snow Country, Hokkaido is best known for its lavender field, Ski Resorts and seafood. Since Hokkaido has long winters and short summers, people in Hokkaido need to find different ways to keep themselves warm. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 14, 2015
- Think I'm turning JapaneseHaving left China, where the word and associated behaviours of manners must have been left out of the dictionary, I arrived in Japan...home of cleanliness and etiquette (Even the staff at 7 eleven convenience stores bowed as they served me Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Sep 5, 2015
- Farewell to JapanOur final Japan blog post begins with one of those moments which is hilariously funny in the light of day, but at the time it was devastating.
Return to Tokyo
Ambitiously, we decided to forego the usual comforts of privacy, space and Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 18, 2015
- Hiroshima and Yokohama===Hiroshima===
After a fantastic 5 days in Kyoto we headed to Hiroshima. We stayed at Roku Hostel, a fantastic hostel which is run David's friend's sister. This time also marked the start of Obon week, the main summer holiday in Japan Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 15, 2015
- Time to reflect from KyotoOur six day stay in Kyoto has afforded us time: time to unpack our bags, time to do our washing and time to update the blog with some of the more unexpected trends we've noticed while travelling in Japan. Oh, Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 11, 2015
- Tokyo x 2Before we get started, how much would you expect to pay for a hot café latte in downtown Tokyo? See answer below.
After a fairly seamless 6 hours of train travel from Hiroshima, with a train change at Shin Osaka, we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Aug 7, 2015
- Family, Fireworks and FujiWow, so much has happened I can hardly believe it's only been 5 days since the last blog post! I'm a bit worried the rest of our trip will struggle to compare to our first week.
We got a shinkansen (bullet Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Aug 5, 2015
- Nagano (Nozawa Onsen)We have taken a temporary break from Tokyo after spending two nights there. We come back to Tokyo after our weekend stay in Nozawa Onsen for three nights so we will publish our Tokyo blog after that.
So come Saturday morning Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Aug 4, 2015
- Ohayou gozaimasu to TokyoCongratulations. You've made it. We've made it. The blog and our trip are underway. The format will be slightly unusual - with intermittent access to Internet and with a two person p.o.v. Here we go...
We had a 3am start Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Jul 31, 2015
- HiroshimaWe are now on the JR Pass clock. The pass lasts for 14 days, and day 14 sees us leaving Japan, so we have set ourselves a busy but not too manic schedule to travel and see as much of Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 29, 2015
- KyotoWell we can finally say we have reached our dream destination. Japan has been on our wish list for a long time and it hasn't disappointed so far.
After a great time in Bangkok, we landed in Osaka at 11pm. Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 27, 2015
- Japan May 2015[left]Alexis and I took advantage of our close proximity to Japan, and we traveled to Kyushu - the southernmost island. We have many pictures of our excursion around the island. So, I'll leave the majority of the story Posted by Jason Willis in Willis Wanderlust | May 14, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 5: Shrines, Towers and Pokemon!Day five of our trip saw the weather swing back to being rainy and overcast, but as usual we didn't let it stop us.
Our first stop was Yasukuni shrine, one of Japan's most controversial shrines. Founded by Emperor Meiji, it Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 20, 2015
- ARIGATOU!!!La prima cosa che mi e' stata chiesta al rientro da Tokyo e' stata: "ma rispetto alla Cina, com'e'?"
Ragazzi, mi spiace dirlo, ma NON c'e' proprio paragone...NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Impossibile fare il confronto perche' per Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 15, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 4: Tokyo DisneylandApril 6th is our wedding anniversary, so we decided to keep our day out in Disneyland until that day. It was our second time visiting the park, our first back in 2013, and we woke to beautiful sunshine. The journey Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 7, 2015
- Chilling in Japan, food trauma and onwards to ChinaThursday
We'd not got any major plans today, just having a chilled day and then heading out for dinner with some of Craig's friends tonight. I had a bit of a lay in (9am - woo hoo!) which was lovely.
About eleven Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 6, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 3: Ueno, Akasuka and NakameguroWaking up at 7.30am, I took a look outside to notice that one of the offices across from us was already filled with workers! This wasn't an unusual sight by the end of the trip, yet I was always amazed Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 5, 2015
- Yokohama, Kyoto and Tokyo Friday
So today I woke up at 4am again, I tried my best to go back to sleep but that wasn't happening so i got up and parked myself in our Craig's living room, between then and Craig waking up I'd Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 1, 2015
- Okini, Kyoto and arigato, JapanAfter six days in Tokyo we were ready for a rest, and decided to spend two nights in Nikko, a small edo-era town in the mountains north of Tokyo. The Japanese have a saying about Nikko: 'Never say "kekko" until Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jul 1, 2015