- Japan - We're here and Internet connectionWe made it just fine, despite some delays, but I'll write that up tonight.
Unfortunately it seems that our hotels will only have LAN (if anything) and the Surface is only wireless. Also, I am so far unable to send images Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 31, 2013
- Takehara City Shokeinomichi Candle Festival, Hiroshima Pref.(BGM: "Miagete Goran Yoru No Hoshi O" by Kyu Sakamoto)
An acquaintance had informed me about a unique art festival in Takehara City's Historical District (町並み保存地区 Matchinami Hozonchiku), a lovingly preserved neighborhood with still-functioning Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Oct 31, 2013
- Hai, Japan! I arrived at Tokyo airport, NRT, a day before Steve so had a chance to check out the town of Narita. Friends, Dorit and John had recommended the Narita Gateway (Port) Hotel, and they were spot on. Close to the Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Oct 26, 2013
- Bye-Bye Japan [center]Unfortunately, time passes by and my year in Japan has come to an end. [/center]
I had a great time working as an intern at [[http://www.lexlrf.org/Home.htm|LEX/Hippo Family Club]] in Tokyo. The experience taught me a lot, widened my world view Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 20, 2013
- Stalking the GeishasFor those eagle-eyed people who have been reading our blog for a year (how has it been a year already??), you may have realised that today is a special day- Alex’s birthday. This was his second birthday away from Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 15, 2012
- Would you could you sleep on a plane, a train, a table?We had a great last day in Hawaii. We went on a snorkeling trip on a boat called the Quicksilver that took us to Molikini. It's a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Oct 18, 2013
- Arigato amazing Japan!After a relaxing and laid back week in the Philippines we arrived in JAPAN on September 24th!
A country I honestly didn't know much about more than the typical sushi, Tokyo and karaoke! And yes this might sound a bit (or Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Oct 7, 2013
- Naked in the hot springsWe have used a hell of a lot of public transport today. Pretty much every kind of transport you can possibly use bar the batmobile. The bullet train was first and was incredible, taking us from Tokyo to Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 14, 2012
- Wearing bibs to dinnerWe had a little sad, but cute, moment when we left the JGH hostel this morning as our host Ayumi came to see us off. She looked genuinely upset that we were leaving and she even gave us a Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 13, 2012
- Am I supposed to eat this?Today we set out with more of an idea of what we wanted to do thanks to our lucky find of the tourist info office. So we set out with heads high and resolve strong to start the day Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 11, 2012
- Stars of Japanese TVWe hold up our hands and admit that we messed up a little on Tokyo. Having so many other countries to think about and with a tour already booked, we neglected to buy a travel guide or even do Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 10, 2012
- Last day in Hiroshima The plan was to go to Sandankyo gorge today, but we didn't leave the hostel in enough time and missed the bus. The next bus wasn't for two hours which would mean we wouldn't have much time there and we'd Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Mirajyama day tripWe went to mirajyama the island for a day trip today, caught the tram to the end of the line then a ferry across to the island.
We saw the tori gate which was impressive coming out of the water and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Arriving in HiroshimaGot up super early to try and get to Hiroshima as early as possible. As I can only take local trains with my rail pass I need to take 6 trains and one tram to get to my hostel. My Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 11, 2013
- OsakaLeft early to head to Osaka... I only have one night in Osaka so want to maximise my time there as much as possible. I would have arrived an hour earlier if I wasn't so dense, I past my stop Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 11, 2013
- A day in NaraWe went to kofukuji temple which was a bit disappointing because the main temple is all covered and being restored.
We headed down to this really cute old house (past some turtles in the pond) Naramachi koshi-no-le lattice house. Which is Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Arriving in NaraGot up early (which was tough) and jumped on a train to Nara
Arrived at my hostel easy enough and dumped my bag, out to see the sights in Nara's park.
It was really hot and humid again so it was nice Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Kyoto and tea ceremoniesSo that day has come around again, my birthday. mum had given me a little envelop when i was in Tokyo and so I started my day by opening this. It had a lovely card from my parents and a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Arashiyama - the bamboo forestIt turned out that Chris and Alan were still in Kyoto, we planned to meet up tomorrow and go to a tea ceremony for my birthday, but had also both planned to head out to the Bamboo forest and temples Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- A day in KyotoToday i was back into the sight seeing, don't have enough time not to. I caught a bus up to the Golden pavilion which was really stunning. It's a shame it's not autumn though, I can image the colours of Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Rest dayRest day - I felt shattered after Fuji and Nakasendo so today was all about resting. I slept in, did some hand washing, answered emails, tried to add a few more blog posts and I attempted to plan my route Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Nakasendo Breakfast was included in my room which was a bit of a treat as it meant I got to experience the kind of food the Japanese eat for breaky... It was huge, and very yummy. Salmon, egg roll with cinnamon, Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Climbing Mt FujiSo I didn't have the best night sleep ever but it was nice to have a rest before starting again on the last section up to the summit. I put on all my layers I brought, thermals and long sleeve, Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Climbing Mt FujiSo this morning I organised my day pack so I'd have everything I need for the climb:
Head scarf and hat
Walking boots and socks
Zip of trousers
Long sleeve shirt
Water proof and fleece
Torch Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 5, 2013
- The Wandering Henro The plane ride to Narita was a long one. My feet felt swollen and the baby crying in the aisle in front of me didn't make the situation any better. I sat in the aisle seat and the two people Posted by thewongway in The Right Way to Travel: 대한민국 | Sep 1, 2013