- Nagasaki to MatsuyamaDay began with paper crane folding, watching Ian was a delight in itself.
Our first point of call was the Hell Pools, so named as the belief was that hell was coming u Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 11, 2013
- KyotoClearly I'm not very good at writing short blogs, as demonstrated by yesterday's entry.
This morning we brought our own strawberries to the breakfast room. Sick of the lack of fresh fruit.
We had a slightly later start today, and headed off Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 11, 2013
- KyotoIt's late and it's been such a long day. I want to write a lot but the bed beckons.... I shall try to be concisely descriptive.
Breakfast was not great. Tomorrow we will BYO fruit. Why don't Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 10, 2013
- Fukuoka to Nagasaki Enjoyed a slightly later start before boarding the bus at 9 am. Spent quite a bit of time at a representation of and ancient settlement. They have actually built a whole village above the ruins of the original. Quite Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 10, 2013
Look at that, it's the display of a restaurant. Real plastic food lol
Me Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 10, 2013
- NaraAn historical city full of temples, shrines and deers again lol
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/50862 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 10, 2013
- History, Shinto and ShushiThe thing about tours when you are looking at them at home is that you forget the early starts! 6.30 breakfast for 8 am departures. Oh well, at least you don't have to do the breakfast dishes.
We started Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 9, 2013
- Takayama to KyotoWoke up in the futon sandwich and got ready for action. Had breakfast again in the dining room, some more mysterious food, like these gelatinous translucent white cold noodles with a dob of wasabi. The hot miso paste on Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 9, 2013
- HiroshimaWell it wasn't really planned but I took the night ferry from Busan to Shimonoseki in Japan. Here I am in the "Land of the Rising Sun"!!!
As soon as my feet touched the ground I took a train to Hiroshima. Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 9, 2013
- Off on the tour.]Monday 8th April. Osaka to Hiroshima
An early start this morning as we had to be breakfasted, checked out and in the lobby by 8.30 to meet the tour guide and others.
There are 30 on the coach – Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 9, 2013
- TakayamaSleeping in a futon was like being the filling in a soft white bread sandwich. Wrapped up and cosy. Futons (and sandwiches) don't squeak or move or bounce.
OMG breakfast. We sat in the same dining room, on the Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 8, 2013
So this should have been easier than it was.
A 90 minute flight to Delhi (India), a two hour layover, and a 7-ish hour flight to Tokyo.
Not even close.
Although I didn't think i Posted by kenyashoe in AT & T's Round-the-World Crazy Adventure | Apr 8, 2013
- On the bullet train to Kyoto Posted by kenyashoe in AT & T's Round-the-World Crazy Adventure | Apr 8, 2013
- TakayamaToday involved mainly 2 activities. Travelling and eating.
This morning, we packed up the suitcases and entrusted them to the forwarding services. For $30 both our cases were sent to Kyoto. We, on the other hand have distilled our Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 7, 2013
We departed from Shirakawago in the morning of Friday 5 April by bus for a one-hour trip to Kanazawa. Kanazawa was one of the few major Japanese cities to be spared by the US Air Force Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 7, 2013
- Turning JapaneseTwo weeks in Japan and it's been interesting; Rob loves it but I'm missing the sun, and its just a bit too like England! I thought it would be crazy and very futuristic, but its just a bit too normal Posted by RozandRob in The Trip | Apr 7, 2013
We left Takayama on Thursday 4 April by bus to go for a one-hour ride to Shirakawago. The Historic Village of Shirakawago is one of Japan's UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The site is loca Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 7, 2013
- Quiet Sunday in OsakaToday was a very quiet day, with Ian not feeling at all well. Bit of a tummy bug, we think, as we had eaten the same things yesterday. Luckily the medications, some rest and later some fresh air, seems Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 7, 2013
- Osaka Day 2- Castle #1Well, our luck sort of run out - the weather was very overcast and we had light rain all day. Not cold, or enough to keep us indoor, but a bloody nuisance. Undeterred we set off to explore the Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 6, 2013
- NikkoNothing like a good sleep is there? I go to bed too late and we wake up early. This morning getting up early was good because it stretched out the day and we did lots without feeling pressured.
Breakfast was Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 6, 2013
- Tokyo and NikkoI forgot to report that yesterday there was a culinary highlight: takoyaki. These are octopus balls and no I'm not talking about mollusc testicles. They are hot, shall we call them spheres, of octopus, vegetable and some kind of Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 5, 2013
- Arrived Safely in Osaka[quote]Greetings one and all from downtown Osaka. Arrived at Kansai International at 6.30am after a very pleasant flight from KL. we were getting q Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 4, 2013
- Tokyo This morning we had breakfast in a dimly lit cellar-like restaurant. Yes, surrounded by expensive wines from around the world. Not the best selection of food, but it filled a gap. It's not often that Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 4, 2013
- Matsumoto and Takayama
On the morning of Monday 1 April, we left Tokyo by train and headed to Matsumoto, heading northwest into the "Japanese Alps".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 4, 2013
- Tokyo and a Day-Trip to Nikko
On Friday 29 March, we started our tour of Tokyo, beginning with the Senso-ji Temple area. The temple is an ancient Buddhist temple located in Asakusa neighborhood of Tokyo. It is Tokyo's Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 3, 2013