- Japan Day 3 - Day Trip to Nikko Part 2The first temple in Nikko was founded more than 1,200 years ago along the shores of the Daiya River. The Shrine and templa ecomplex at Nikko takes a good 4-5 hours to see completely. A Y1000 ticket gets you entry Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Nov 4, 2012
- Last Day in Tokyo- We're off to see the PandasFor the Japan wind down we headed to Ueno Zoo with our sights set on seeing the pandas. We jollied along to Ueno with 2 Australian girls from our hostel to enjoy the zoo and probably the last bit of Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Nov 1, 2012
- Sake to me! Sake to me! Sake to me!For our penultimate day in Japan, we took a trip to Ueno to visit the Ameyayokocho Market. And, for the very last time, Ashton got to wear her travelling outfit, a close replica of the Canadian Olympics 2012 team uniform- Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Nov 1, 2012
- Up a Tree & in a TowerSince we hit Tokyo, we made the decision to bypass temples, shrines and castles in favour of some of Japan's quirky attractions. So today, we started by going to one of Tokyo's newest attractions: The Skytree.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 30, 2012
- Sushi with GingercakeToday we visited the Suminda/Ryogoku area of Tokyo. We would like to report an official sighting of a Panda Bus from this area. There are probably only a few of these in the world so we felt very honoured.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/516574/A Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 30, 2012
- Japan Day 3 - Day Trip to Nikko Part 1Nikko is a great day trip from Tokyo. It's famous for the Mausoleum of Tokugawa Ieyasu and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
This entry describes the journey in Nikko till the entry to the world heritage site.
The journey - Take Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 28, 2012
- Yoyo it's ShibuyaWe started our day with a trip to Yoyogi Park to hunt down the market. Despite the rain it was stalls aplenty, offering a wide variety of hippy gear. You could purchase anything in tie-dye, wool or hemp. We browsed Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 28, 2012
- I want to Ride my Bicycle, I want to Ride my BikeWe took the Willer Expres bus from Kyoto to Tokyo. For us, it was predominantly a 9 hour snooze-fest (to rest Emma's gammy eye) and monging out to music. We did indulge in a film- Emma plumped for Japanese 'Battleships' Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 27, 2012
- VISITING SHRINES AND FLIPPING A SHIT; PLUS ESOTERIC SECRETSUm so. Apparently for a while there I forgot I had to write blog posts, and was happily trundling across mountains and shit not remembering that my task does not end with writing in my journal. Damn. Now I have Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Oct 25, 2012
- Kyoto- The Last HooharToday we decided to hire bikes for our 'Tokyo Mop up Tour', to see any of the remaining sights we had not been to yet. Bikes are THE method of transport in Japan and there seems to be a flurry Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 25, 2012
- Living in Japan[center]This is where I live in America:
[center]The center house is where I live in Japan.
Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 25, 2012
- Kyoto II[float=left][/float]We walked a long way, as usual. I think Chris was quite bored with our destinations, but he tried to put a bri Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 30, 2012
Oddly I can't seem to fall asleep, though twice I fell into a semi-dream state. In it things happened that I knew to be untrue, and yet there they we Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 28, 2012
- En Route to Tokyo[center][/center]
We are slowly being reintroduced to civilization. Last night's stay at the trailer was a halfway point: we were again in sleeping bags on sleeping pads, but we had electricity Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 25, 2012
- Day 5 Recap and Shintoku[center][/center]
I had a shock when I looked in the mirror at the onsen yesterday. My face was a patchwork of dark and light splotches, the skin on my left temple, nose, and upper lip were pee Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 24, 2012
- Getting Lucky in Shigaraki (Shiga Prefecture)BGM: Sene by Afro Celt Sound System
It's good to travel with an open mind.
Japan's pottery tradition is world-renown with thousands of years to its noble legacy. But for some reason, the mascot for several of the country's most prominent Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | Oct 8, 2012
- Every Cloud has a Silver LiningAfter last night's disappointing fire based shinanigans it was almost a relief to wake up to rain. If the fire was a downer, surely a rainy day could offer a much needed pick-me-up.
Admittedly, there was a false start with Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 23, 2012
- A Half Lit Fire Festival & A Blazing Sake TrailIt has been a weekend of mixed fortunes; some Kyoto experiences have been supercalafradulisticexpialidocious and two have been less than ideal.
To start with, there was a minor disappointment with the walking tour we took part in. There must have Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 23, 2012
- Day 4: And So On...[float=left][/float]I miss Yoshi already. He sent us an emissary this afternoon--a friendly middle-aged man who had blood on his t Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2012
- Day 3: Surviving[center][/center]
[float=left][/float]Today wasn't as bad as I thoug Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 21, 2012
- Day 1 and 2: Broken Already[center][/center]
It's a broke Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 20, 2012
- On Our Own[float=left][/float]We're on our own again. Somehow, miraculously, we made it to the campsite at Asahidake Onsen. The air here is Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 19, 2012
- Furano Area[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 15, 2012
- Lake Toya Area[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/P7142674.jpg caption=The Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 14, 2012
- Sapporo Sights[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/P7132621.jpg caption=Naked torso cell Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 13, 2012