- TokyoToday we were on the go go for 13.5 hours. So much for relaxation.... Fortunately the head cold symptoms are disappearing.
It rained during the night and all day until late afternoon. It makes for a pretty good Blade Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 3, 2013
- Japan! - Here's our itineraryWe will be spending about one month in Japan, returning on April 25. We left Seattle on Wednesday 27 March on a Delta flight directly to the Tokyo airport of Narita, arriving in the late afternoon of 28 March. Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 2, 2013
- TokyoI can't sleep on planes. My joints lock into place and my neck becomes stiff. So I am sleep deprived.
We landed in thick white cloud and a continuous drizzle. There's no wind so it's ok, not too cold. Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 2, 2013
- Kagoshima, Kyushu, JapanThe seas have abated but there is still a solid overcast and distant fog. Watched the ship dock at the cruise ship terminal built on reclaimed land with the Sakurajima Volcano as the backdrop. On a sharp clear Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Sydney to Beijing | Mar 26, 2013
- Crossing the East China SeaWe awoke to a quite lively ship as we sail through rough seas being buffeted by strong winds. There was no visible sunrise and the numbers for breakfast was well down on what we have seen recently. Along Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Sydney to Beijing | Mar 25, 2013
- Snowboarding & Soba[center]Guess what![/center]
[center]Not too long ago, I was surprised to find this while roaming the streets of Japan:[/center]
It's springtime! Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Mar 20, 2013
- Sumo[center]So I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone ... and in this way I was able to get a ticket to see a Sumo match for FREE :)[/center]
[/cente Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Feb 21, 2013
- This the End - Last day in the land of Akiko's peopleThe next day we returned to Shibuya in search of a Salt & Tobacco Museum. This was one of those odd sounding places that Akiko had stumbled upon while perusing her time out book. It sounded like such a disparate Posted by mrakymrak78 in Mark & Akiko's Eurasian adventure | Feb 16, 2013
- Escape from Disney Corporation & other assorted adventuresOdaiba
Akiko’s brother and his girlfriend had sold both of us on the idea of going to Odaiba; a redeveloped harbour area featuring a wide array of shops and entertainment options. They had made the area seem in my mind like Posted by mrakymrak78 in Mark & Akiko's Eurasian adventure | Feb 13, 2013
- Tastes of TokyoWe woke up around 4am in order to get to Hong Kong’s airport and catch our flight to Tokyo at 7:15am. Akiko was feeling particularly bad and told me afterwards that for the entire trip to Japan she felt on Posted by mrakymrak78 in Mark & Akiko's Eurasian adventure | Feb 11, 2013
- Brief time in TokyoAs a result we are up late, and grab the base Suica cards. First we are out to Shinjuku to see the sights from the Tokyo from the Metropolitan Government Building. This is a free sightseeing spot and on Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Feb 16, 2013
- Last days in Myoko Kogen (this year)After a later breakfast we are getting a lift from the Refle team to Seki Onsen. Now we could see Seki Onsen from Akakura Onsen the other day and it was just over there. But to drive there Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Feb 16, 2013
- Myoko Kogen,2013 part 2In the morning, filled on breakfast (western today) we head out onto 20cms of fresh powder. As usual, the pistes are groomed, but there are plenty of areas of powder available. I can even entice G onto the ungroomed Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Feb 16, 2013
- Back to Myoko Kogen, 2013, part oneWell we are off to a good start on this trip – we get out of the car at the airport and G’s backpack is nowhere to be found. So we check in whilst L does a 50 minute round Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Feb 16, 2013
- SeijinshikiNo, I did not just bang the keyboard in the heading to make the title say "Seijinshiki." [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_of_Age_Day|Seijinshiki]] is an actual Japanese word, pronounced say-jin-she-ki, which is the name of the Coming of Age ce Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Feb 11, 2013
- Now sushi me, now you don't I am aboard the MV Explorer right now on my way to Hong Kong. I apologize for the late blog, but I have been very busy with classes and traveling the world! This post is all about my time in Posted by MVVincent in Semester at Sea | Feb 9, 2013
- So Many Districts So Little TimeAfter a decent three hours of sleep, the whole gang dragged our butts out of bed and headed to explore Tokyo. This city is divided into very large and very distinct districts, each with their own atmosphere and purpose. We Posted by ashleyhaber in adventures afloat. | Feb 3, 2013
- A Quiet Apprecation As my friends and I sat down to begin our blog posts of our experiences in Japan, we all felt utterly overwhelmed. How can we possibly put the last 5 days, 6 cities, hundreds of pictures and endless memories into Posted by ashleyhaber in adventures afloat. | Feb 3, 2013
- In Nozawa OnsenBreakfast is traditional fare on the floor of the dining room, lots of yummy fresh stuff, some things that G likes better than others. We have the cast Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Jan 13, 2013
- Myoko Kogen part twoOnce we are awake we do see something new for us – clear blue sky! This is the first time since day one of the trip. By the time we have had breakfast and are on the bus, life is Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Jan 13, 2013
- Skiing in Myoko KogenBoring stuff - time to pack. In the morning it is goodbye Blue Wave Inn, you have served us well. We head out to the station and make sure L is on her train to Haneda, the we head Posted by lostagain in A big trip | Jan 13, 2013
- SNEAKY RELIGIONS: THEY LURE YOU IN BY BEING NICE AND STUFF!I don't know if I've ever been as tempted to impulse-join a religion as I was the week or so we studied Tenrikyō. And in answer to your question, no. It was only PARTIALLY because their food is the best.
Every Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Jan 12, 2013
- Happy New Year![center]あけましておめでとう！![/center]
[center]New Years is probably my favorite holiday because it is the only time I am expected to hang out with friends all night long.
[center] Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 9, 2013
- Mind Over Matters Part I of III Every year our host mother Eikosan throws a New Years Party and invites several of her family members for dinner. This year she invited approximately 30 people and mentioned that she'd like us to attend. This was Posted by Sr.curtissan in Japan | Jan 7, 2013
- STANDING UNDER WATERFALLS: FINALLY I DO A JAPAN STEREOTYPE.WELL, I'm sure everyone is utterly shocked at this, but let me tell you a secret.
I procrastinated again.
Yes, I dropped the ball during my last month and a half in Japan. In my defense, we were all VERY, VERY Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Jan 6, 2013