- Sapporo Arrival[float=left][/float]We arrived in Sapporo today, a boisterous dozen. I was thrilled at the airport toilet, the most Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 12, 2012
- It's Bath Time! (No Swimsuit Allowed)Yesterday we braved another vom inducing bus ride to visit Kyoto's famous Golden Pavilion, so called because it is plastered with gold leaf inside and out. The design of the current structure originates from 1408, although the building itself is Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 20, 2012
- Tokyo Skytree and a Lesson in Queues and QueuingFriday 19th October
Awoke to a beautiful day and decided today would be a good time to go and see the view from the new Tokyo Skytree ( it was entered in the Guiness Book of Records as the World's Tallest Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 19, 2012
- Maikover TimeA Maiko is an apprentice Geisha, their costume/hair are slightly different but they wear the white face and kimono associated with the Geisha tradition.
Today, we went to Yume Koubou where they offer several makeover packages which allow you Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 19, 2012
- Rainy day in TokyoThursday 18th October
Our first wet day. This is the first time the weather has stopped us from doing all we had planned. We bought two day metro passes from the hotel (980 yen) cheaper than what you could buy them Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 18, 2012
- Our Final Destination - TokyoWednesday 17th October
Our holiday is nearing an end. We took off for some final photos of Tatsuko in the morning sun before breakfast. Grabbed the hotel shuttle to Tazawako Station. We were there at 9:30am so I had our Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
- When it Rains, it PoursFor anyone reading our blog who has suffered a bit of sun-envy from our photos, you may be pleased to hear that it chucked it down today. All day! On the bus ride to Kyoto Studios, Emma was observant enough Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 17, 2012
- Tazawako, an Onsen and Iris Fans RejoiceTuesday 16th October
Good American Breakfast to start the day, at least how the Japanese see it. Juice, yoghurt to which you add your own amount of fruit compote, salad, eggs (fried, scrambled of omelette) ham or sausages, toast and croissant Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to SensojiExiting the Asakusa Nitenmon Exit, you come straight to the Nitenmon gate of Asakusa Kannon.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- JapanIn 2009, I went to Japan and spent four days with a host family. The family was part of "Hippo Family Club", a club where members get together on a weekly basis to practice several different languages.
Hippo Family Club Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 16, 2012
- Tazawako, AkitaMonday 15th October
Hello, have you wondered where we had been. We have been nearing the top of Honshu, in a place called Tazawako. No wi-fi to be had at that hotel so this is being typed in Tokyo. Hooray finally Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- Day 5 Nara and Kobe
Nara was a nice relaxing spot. After getting off the train in Nara, I spotted a place that served tempura chicken! It was okay. Not enough meat. Too much rice.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- 10,000 Torii GatesYesterday we took our last ride on the Shinkansen (bullet train) with our trusty JR Pass and arrived in Kyoto. First on the packed itinerary Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, just outside central Kyoto.
We were greeted by a fox at Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 16, 2012
- Day 3 Hikone and Oooooooosaka Here are two quick pictures that I took of K's House Tokyo Hostel the morning I left. Luckily, my three other roommates were also awake at 5 AM too (one of them just got back from partying all night... wish Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 15, 2012
- Wowaweewa, it's Miyajima From the time we started our research, Miyajima was a place that we were both really excited about visiting. Its beauty is renowned and it has been named one of the 3 top scenic spots to visit in Japan.
Coming Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- HM Miyajima Backpackers PrisonThere has a brief intermission in blogging as we have just served a sentence in Miyajima Backpackers Prison. Let us explain...
After a rather frantic train journey, we arrived at Miyajima and found our hostel with little difficulty (we're becoming quit Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- MotoGP Motegi Twin Ring Circuit, JapanSunday 14th October
Up at 5am to catch the first bus, 5:50am, to the race track. Queues already forming so I stood in while Chris grabbed us the good ol Maccers, bacon egg mcmuffin, hash brown and coffee combo to get Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Water bus from Hama Rikyu to AsakusaThe boat pier at Hama Rikyu is just a 6 minutes walk from the Otemon gate in front. Boats arrive every half hour, with the first boat departing from Hama Rikyu at 10:35 am.
It's a great way to reach Asakusa Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Bright Lights, Big City.Fukuoka has a really different atmosphere from the other cities that we have been in. This city really is an urban jungle and has a fast paced, hard nosed feel about it. Fukuoka is said to be the hedonistic centre Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to the Hama Rikyu Gardens in TokyoHama Rikyu Gardens
There are two reasons to get to this famous garden area in Tokyo. One is to visit Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning, have the Sushi Breakfast and make your way here. Second, is to make this your Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Utsunomiya - MotoGP Here We ComeSaturday 13th October
Another glorious clear morning. Room affords such a great view of Mt Fuji
I think they must have taken pity in us because breakfast hot pot was ham and we added the Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- We Go To the MountainFriday 12th October
Beautiful morning and a clear view of Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. Surprised it does not have snow on top, thought it was one of those mountains that always did. Discovered we could open the window so we Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- The first 24 hours
After landing in Narita Airport and taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station... it hit me that I was in a completely different country. Tokyo Station was ridiculously complicated. The Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- My Top 30 Favorite Places in JapanBGM: 花咲く旅路 (Hanasaku Tabiji) by Yuko Hara
I had a really tough time narrowing this list down to just thirty, since everywhere I go in Japan seems to make my jaw drop in one way or another. But these particular places Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Oct 11, 2012
- Let's Champ on some ChamponThis morning started with a trip to Dejima Wharf. Dejima was a tiny island that served as Japan's only gateway to Europe for more than 200 years and was constructed in 1636 to isolate Europeans and the spread of Christianity. Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 10, 2012