- Picture Blog! Universal Studios Japan[img=http://p Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | May 2, 2016
- Picture Blog! KyotoFushimi Inari-taisha Shrine: The 20,000 toji gates work their way up the path around Mount Inari. A bit treacherous walking down on a wet day though!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | May 1, 2016
- Picture Blog! Nara[img=ht Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | May 1, 2016
- Picture Blog! HimejiFrom the wonders of the Shinkansen, to the wonders of Mount Sosha, to the wonders of Himeji Castle, a wonderful, wonderful day!
[ Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | May 1, 2016
- Picture Blog! Nagasaki Day 2This was the day we took it a bit easier. We were prepared for rain, so planned to take in the Dejima Museum and then have a rest back at the resort before hitting the onsen again.
Well, mostly prepared. Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | May 1, 2016
- Rub-a-dub-dub Hey everyone !😆
I can't believe our last blog was about Hiroshima. It feels like ages ago, and so much has happened. Firstly, I'm sitting here in our 'Route-Inn' hotel, about 2km from the beautiful Mount Fuji, with breathtaking views from Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 30, 2016
- Picture Blog! Nagasaki Day 1Given the threat of rain the next day, we headed to Nagasaki early for our sightseeing day. We went straight to the Peace Park. Now, Hiroshima moved me, but Nagasaki kind of irritated me. I felt Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | Apr 30, 2016
- Picture Blog! Kumamoto Day TripKumamoto has one of the largest castles in Japan, with a series of amazing stone walls, turret towers surviving for centuries and rebuilt main towers. It doesn't quite look the same now!
[i Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | Apr 30, 2016
- Picture Blog! Miyajima Morning and Fukuoka in afternoonThe Toji Floats! And the shrine too
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | Apr 28, 2016
- Picture Blog! HiroshimaA few photos from our day at Hiroshima. The Peace Park is quite a beautiful place, the Museum very moving. And on the day we visited, there were many people celebrating the cherry blossoms with traditional picnics in Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | Apr 28, 2016
- Picture Blog! NagoyaOne of the highlights was the view of Mount Fuji from the shinkansen on the journey. All of a sudden there was a buzz and everyone was snapping away.
I found Nagoya to be a fairly bland ci Posted by cravingescape in Family Travels | Apr 28, 2016
- HiroshimaWe spent the last few days in a little city called Hiroshima. Took the bullet train from Fukokua to Hiroshima and to our surprise it only took like 1.5 hrs. The hostel was within walking distance from the JR shinkansen Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 27, 2016
- TokyoTook the "bullet train" from Kyoto to Tokyo. It took about two hours to travel 320 miles. The trains leave every 15 minutes or so and they are all 90% plus full with students, business travelers and tourists.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/79622 Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Apr 25, 2016
- Ride the wavesHey everyone !!
I know it's been a few days since my last blog, but with good reason. We've been go-go-go, so much so, I've started referring to this trip as, 'Amazing Race Canada', and no longer vacation. We're just missing Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 25, 2016
- Kyoto, JapanWe took a 30 minute train ride to Kyoto. Kyoto is known for temples and geishas. Interesting combination! We took a taxi to the Ritz Carlton. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/796227/90_26BCF6C7950983D27624EA1CB5370985.jpeg caption=Great taxis in Kyo Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Jiyu Ken Curry Rice (Famous Osaka Curry Rice)As many of you might know, curry is one of the soul food in Japan. Japanese curry is quite different from those of India and Thailand since it is much more sweeter. The reason for it being sweeter Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Apr 24, 2016
- Sapporo, The Winter City==Introduction==
Hokkaido prefecture is the most northern island of Japan, right above Aomori. The capital city of Hokkaido is Sapporo and is one of the most visited cities in Japan. Though Hokkaido is known of its cold winters, they Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Apr 24, 2016
- Flowers in Spring and the Glover GardenTravelling in spring has consistently been one of the more visually appealing experience for myself. Though I am more a late autumn/winter lover, seeing flowers blooming and new blades of grass growing again after a long harsh winter makes me Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Apr 23, 2016
- Osaka, Japan
We are on our way to Japan!! But first we spent some quality time in the Hong Kong airport. William's flight was at 11:45am and ours was not until 3:30pm. So most of this day we spent Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Apr 21, 2016
- April 17 – OTARU, JAPAN
Otaru, our final stop in Japan, is on Japan’s northern most island, Hokkaido. We joined this raven up on the 13th deck to watch our sail-in.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 18, 2016
- April 16 – AOMORI, JAPAN
A day in Aomori.
Where is that? On the northern tip of Honshu, Japan’s largest Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 17, 2016
- April 14 – TOKYO, JAPANDAY 2
The sixth, and final segment of the 2016 World Cruise begins: “Glacial Grandeur”, from Tokyo to San Francisco!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/F Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 14, 2016
- April 13 – TOKYO, JAPANDAY 2
Fireboats welcomed our arrival as we sailed under the Rainbow Bridge into Tokyo Harbor. Our afternoon arrival was timed for low tide – so we would clear the bri Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 14, 2016
- April 12 – SHIMIZU, JAPAN
Every port in Japan seems to have a Ferris Wheel. Fun! This is Shimizu, a quiet town known as the “Gateway to Mt. Fuji”.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/ Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 14, 2016
- Signs of the Pacific IslandsThe Japanese are masters at catering to every eventuality. Nothing is left to chance and, because it frequently rains in Japan, umbrellas are always at the ready. Hotels, restaurants and even some stores, freely hand over umbrellas to departing customers Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Apr 13, 2016