- 2013 D4 OCEANIA - HIROSHIMA & TORII GATE AT IKSUSHIMA===Now moved on the Hiroshima...===
.......where there was just about nothing left at the end of WW2.
Maybe just t Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Snow monkeys and other stuffThis morning we met up with Elana our guide. A German woman living in Japan for past 9 years .
Onto Shinkansen (bullet train) for Nagano ( top speed well in excess of 250 km/ hr). Weeeeeee!
Visited the Zengoshi temple Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Mar 21, 2014
- 2013 D3 OCEANIA - KYOTO CASTLE & THE GOLDEN PAVILION===Still parked in Kobe, I head to Kyoto & the Golden Pavilion....===
Passing through Kobe...
You have to look closely, but you can just make out this girl has a Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D2 OCEANIA - KOBE, & OSAKA CASTLE===Now in Kobe, famous for it's beef but at 100 dollars for a steak, I pass.===
The band is out to greet us as we are the first cruise ship of the season..
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D1 OCEANIA - OKINAWA===Okinawa - Japan===
===Famous for being attacked by the US in WW2, & now famous for an attack on me - later. ===
A few old US forces onboard, asking questions of the guide about where places are that are memories Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Japan Days 1-4One of the things I promised myself I would do while I was teaching abroad was to travel around to different countries, So far I have made it to Taiwan. Not exactly the list I was hoping for Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Mar 11, 2014
- NAGASAKI, JAPAN
We arrived in Nagasaki on a beautiful, sunny morning. After buying all day pas Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 2 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/DD9469BA2219AC6817FB20BFE20F3D09 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 1 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
The Japanese people always provide a welcome as we sail into port.Today they even played “Stars and Stripes Forever” for us!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 18, 2014
- Here, there and everywhereThe ferry to Shikoku is very pleasant; the views of the inland sea are beautiful and I feel very calm and content, like I am really getting into the groove of travelling in Japan. After arriving I get the train Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Feb 17, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 3)
On our 3rd day in Yokohama we again made good use of public transport. We took the 100 yen ($1.00 USA) Tourist bus to the Landmark Tower downtown. The outdoor moving s Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 16, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 2)
This second segment of the World Cruise actually begins on our 2nd day in Yoko Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 16, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 1)
Storm tossed seas brought us into Tokyo Bay, and our port in Yokohama, South o Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 14, 2014
- NAHA, OKINAWA, JAPAN
The Japanese island of Okinawa (think Miami Florida’s weather – it is at the same latitude) is a subtropical paradise. We had a lovely greeting as we arrived in Okin Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 11, 2014
- No dancing in the club, pleaseWe’ve had our last three days of Japan here in Osaka and whilst it is a great city the days have been tinged with melancholy. Our first day there was also our last full day with the tour group. Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 23, 2012
- Tokyo, New Years and the End of an EraSo we arrived back in Tokyo after a great couple of days snowboarding. We had to change hostels from last time we were there as it was all booked out for New Years. Luckily the one we found was really Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Feb 2, 2014
- test photo2 Posted by Alexgamache in Asie 2014 Test | Jan 22, 2014
- Monks on fireYesterday we left Hiroshima so early in the morning that it made our eyes water and headed for the hills. After a lengthy travel via bullet train, regular train, funicular railway, bus and foot we arrived at our home Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 20, 2012
- 3 Days of Snow[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/436891/A07E8C7C2219AC6817C069A92E91C5DC.jpg Posted by clairebear89 in Snowboarding and Shopping in Japan | Jan 14, 2014
- Rest Day in Hakuba[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/436891/0D8D004A2219AC6817AECACD36AFBD9F.jpg Posted by clairebear89 in Snowboarding and Shopping in Japan | Jan 11, 2014
- TokyoThe final stop on the journey was Tokyo, here for three nights before heading home.
Over the course of the three days we managed to get to most of the key districts in the city, such as Shibuya, Ginza, Harajuku, Posted by j0ne5y in Memoirs of a Jonesy | Jan 10, 2014
- HakoneBeen a bit slack with my updates the past few days, so given I have woken at 5am and can't get back to sleep, I figured I should make use of the time.
After Kyoto, we left early for hakone, Posted by j0ne5y in Memoirs of a Jonesy | Jan 9, 2014
- Coldest Bus trip ever plus our first day on the slopes[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/436891/A8785DDF2219AC6817CBBC28376B4020.jpg Posted by clairebear89 in Snowboarding and Shopping in Japan | Jan 9, 2014
- Destination #2: TokyoWhat I learned after 3 days in Japan's capital: Tokyo is still very traditional, despite being a dense and thriving city.
View from our hotel room
T Posted by Rally.Rui in The Jolly Jaunter | Jan 8, 2014
- Imperial Gardens, Roppongi and Shinjuku[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/436891/42BE58502219AC68175F072B9A5DC03C.jpg Posted by clairebear89 in Snowboarding and Shopping in Japan | Jan 7, 2014