- En Route to Tokyo[center][/center]
We are slowly being reintroduced to civilization. Last night's stay at the trailer was a halfway point: we were again in sleeping bags on sleeping pads, but we had electricity Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 25, 2012
- Day 5 Recap and Shintoku[center][/center]
I had a shock when I looked in the mirror at the onsen yesterday. My face was a patchwork of dark and light splotches, the skin on my left temple, nose, and upper lip were pee Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 24, 2012
- Getting Lucky in Shigaraki (Shiga Prefecture)BGM: Sene by Afro Celt Sound System
It's good to travel with an open mind.
Japan's pottery tradition is world-renown with thousands of years to its noble legacy. But for some reason, the mascot for several of the country's most prominent Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | Oct 8, 2012
- Every Cloud has a Silver LiningAfter last night's disappointing fire based shinanigans it was almost a relief to wake up to rain. If the fire was a downer, surely a rainy day could offer a much needed pick-me-up.
Admittedly, there was a false start with Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 23, 2012
- A Half Lit Fire Festival & A Blazing Sake TrailIt has been a weekend of mixed fortunes; some Kyoto experiences have been supercalafradulisticexpialidocious and two have been less than ideal.
To start with, there was a minor disappointment with the walking tour we took part in. There must have Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 23, 2012
- Day 4: And So On...[float=left][/float]I miss Yoshi already. He sent us an emissary this afternoon--a friendly middle-aged man who had blood on his t Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2012
- Day 3: Surviving[center][/center]
[float=left][/float]Today wasn't as bad as I thoug Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 21, 2012
- Day 1 and 2: Broken Already[center][/center]
It's a broke Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 20, 2012
- On Our Own[float=left][/float]We're on our own again. Somehow, miraculously, we made it to the campsite at Asahidake Onsen. The air here is Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 19, 2012
- Furano Area[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 15, 2012
- Lake Toya Area[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/P7142674.jpg caption=The Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 14, 2012
- Sapporo Sights[center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/P7132621.jpg caption=Naked torso cell Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 13, 2012
- Sapporo Arrival[float=left][/float]We arrived in Sapporo today, a boisterous dozen. I was thrilled at the airport toilet, the most Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 12, 2012
- It's Bath Time! (No Swimsuit Allowed)Yesterday we braved another vom inducing bus ride to visit Kyoto's famous Golden Pavilion, so called because it is plastered with gold leaf inside and out. The design of the current structure originates from 1408, although the building itself is Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 20, 2012
- Tokyo Skytree and a Lesson in Queues and QueuingFriday 19th October
Awoke to a beautiful day and decided today would be a good time to go and see the view from the new Tokyo Skytree ( it was entered in the Guiness Book of Records as the World's Tallest Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 19, 2012
- Maikover TimeA Maiko is an apprentice Geisha, their costume/hair are slightly different but they wear the white face and kimono associated with the Geisha tradition.
Today, we went to Yume Koubou where they offer several makeover packages which allow you Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 19, 2012
- Rainy day in TokyoThursday 18th October
Our first wet day. This is the first time the weather has stopped us from doing all we had planned. We bought two day metro passes from the hotel (980 yen) cheaper than what you could buy them Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 18, 2012
- Our Final Destination - TokyoWednesday 17th October
Our holiday is nearing an end. We took off for some final photos of Tatsuko in the morning sun before breakfast. Grabbed the hotel shuttle to Tazawako Station. We were there at 9:30am so I had our Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
- When it Rains, it PoursFor anyone reading our blog who has suffered a bit of sun-envy from our photos, you may be pleased to hear that it chucked it down today. All day! On the bus ride to Kyoto Studios, Emma was observant enough Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 17, 2012
- Tazawako, an Onsen and Iris Fans RejoiceTuesday 16th October
Good American Breakfast to start the day, at least how the Japanese see it. Juice, yoghurt to which you add your own amount of fruit compote, salad, eggs (fried, scrambled of omelette) ham or sausages, toast and croissant Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to SensojiExiting the Asakusa Nitenmon Exit, you come straight to the Nitenmon gate of Asakusa Kannon.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- JapanIn 2009, I went to Japan and spent four days with a host family. The family was part of "Hippo Family Club", a club where members get together on a weekly basis to practice several different languages.
Hippo Family Club Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 16, 2012
- Tazawako, AkitaMonday 15th October
Hello, have you wondered where we had been. We have been nearing the top of Honshu, in a place called Tazawako. No wi-fi to be had at that hotel so this is being typed in Tokyo. Hooray finally Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- Day 5 Nara and Kobe
Nara was a nice relaxing spot. After getting off the train in Nara, I spotted a place that served tempura chicken! It was okay. Not enough meat. Too much rice.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- 10,000 Torii GatesYesterday we took our last ride on the Shinkansen (bullet train) with our trusty JR Pass and arrived in Kyoto. First on the packed itinerary Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, just outside central Kyoto.
We were greeted by a fox at Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 16, 2012