- Last day in Hiroshima The plan was to go to Sandankyo gorge today, but we didn't leave the hostel in enough time and missed the bus. The next bus wasn't for two hours which would mean we wouldn't have much time there and we'd Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Mirajyama day tripWe went to mirajyama the island for a day trip today, caught the tram to the end of the line then a ferry across to the island.
We saw the tori gate which was impressive coming out of the water and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Arriving in HiroshimaGot up super early to try and get to Hiroshima as early as possible. As I can only take local trains with my rail pass I need to take 6 trains and one tram to get to my hostel. My Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 11, 2013
- OsakaLeft early to head to Osaka... I only have one night in Osaka so want to maximise my time there as much as possible. I would have arrived an hour earlier if I wasn't so dense, I past my stop Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 11, 2013
- A day in NaraWe went to kofukuji temple which was a bit disappointing because the main temple is all covered and being restored.
We headed down to this really cute old house (past some turtles in the pond) Naramachi koshi-no-le lattice house. Which is Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Arriving in NaraGot up early (which was tough) and jumped on a train to Nara
Arrived at my hostel easy enough and dumped my bag, out to see the sights in Nara's park.
It was really hot and humid again so it was nice Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Kyoto and tea ceremoniesSo that day has come around again, my birthday. mum had given me a little envelop when i was in Tokyo and so I started my day by opening this. It had a lovely card from my parents and a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 10, 2013
- Arashiyama - the bamboo forestIt turned out that Chris and Alan were still in Kyoto, we planned to meet up tomorrow and go to a tea ceremony for my birthday, but had also both planned to head out to the Bamboo forest and temples Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- A day in KyotoToday i was back into the sight seeing, don't have enough time not to. I caught a bus up to the Golden pavilion which was really stunning. It's a shame it's not autumn though, I can image the colours of Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Rest dayRest day - I felt shattered after Fuji and Nakasendo so today was all about resting. I slept in, did some hand washing, answered emails, tried to add a few more blog posts and I attempted to plan my route Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Nakasendo Breakfast was included in my room which was a bit of a treat as it meant I got to experience the kind of food the Japanese eat for breaky... It was huge, and very yummy. Salmon, egg roll with cinnamon, Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Climbing Mt FujiSo I didn't have the best night sleep ever but it was nice to have a rest before starting again on the last section up to the summit. I put on all my layers I brought, thermals and long sleeve, Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 7, 2013
- Climbing Mt FujiSo this morning I organised my day pack so I'd have everything I need for the climb:
Head scarf and hat
Walking boots and socks
Zip of trousers
Long sleeve shirt
Water proof and fleece
Torch Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 5, 2013
- The Wandering Henro The plane ride to Narita was a long one. My feet felt swollen and the baby crying in the aisle in front of me didn't make the situation any better. I sat in the aisle seat and the two people Posted by thewongway in The Right Way to Travel: 대한민국 | Sep 1, 2013
- KawaguchikoMum and Chris left Tokyo for Kyoto this morning, it was sad to say goodbye.
I at least have a plan for Japan now and have managed to book most of my accommodation, it doesn't leave much room for changing my Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Day trip to NikkoGot up early again and went to the station to get the train to Nikko. There had been a misunderstanding when buying the ticket. We asked for a return ticket so he only sold us the ticket to come back, Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- A day in TokyoWe got up early and hopped on the metro... It took a little bit to figure it out as we were talking and the station also has two lines with separate entrances but we got there in the end.
We hopped Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Arriving in TokyoWoke up really early to get a cab to the airport. The driver was super rude and pushy, he was early and I was quickly trying to check the directions to the hostel online but he kept yelling at me Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Video Door BellsSince being in Japan I am a little confused over safety. Everyone says how safe Japan is, but there are bars on many windows in Japan. They also have a pull down metal doors. There is not much graffiti so Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- The Japanese Toilet Ah this is a blog of immense awaking to the art of using a toilet. Not to gross you out or give away too many personal details. But I have often wondered if having a biday would enhance my life Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- Our Trip Over to JapanWell this is our second full day in Japan. I am exhausted and I feel like I have been run over with a truck. I hope this feeling ends soon.
So much has happened I need to start somewhere so. At Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- My Adventures in JapanWell so far we have gone to three departments stores as we are surrounded by stores here at the Tachikawa Palace hotel. Each store has their own variety of merchandise. But they all have one thing in common, one does Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- My Story about Food in HokkaidoI went solo traveling. Yes, again!
starting from Asahikawa towards East, and then North, until the Northernmost point of Japan.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by automidori in Hundred and Ninety Degrees | Aug 19, 2013
- Our Japanese journeyDear all,
It’s been far too long yet again but summer is nearly over (for us) and we’re back to school next week so we’ll provide you with a two for one offer and tell you a bit about our Japanese Posted by TheBackyard in A Comrade's Guide to Vietnam | Aug 19, 2013
- Jumping in with a splashThey say there are two ways of learning how to swim: you can timidly test the waters on the shallow side, or you can just make the jump and see what happens. With Japan, we took took a leap.
[map=482078 Posted by dokobot in Doko-doko-bot | Jul 30, 2013