- Day 3 Hikone and Oooooooosaka Here are two quick pictures that I took of K's House Tokyo Hostel the morning I left. Luckily, my three other roommates were also awake at 5 AM too (one of them just got back from partying all night... wish Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 15, 2012
- Wowaweewa, it's Miyajima From the time we started our research, Miyajima was a place that we were both really excited about visiting. Its beauty is renowned and it has been named one of the 3 top scenic spots to visit in Japan.
Coming Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- HM Miyajima Backpackers PrisonThere has a brief intermission in blogging as we have just served a sentence in Miyajima Backpackers Prison. Let us explain...
After a rather frantic train journey, we arrived at Miyajima and found our hostel with little difficulty (we're becoming quit Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 15, 2012
- MotoGP Motegi Twin Ring Circuit, JapanSunday 14th October
Up at 5am to catch the first bus, 5:50am, to the race track. Queues already forming so I stood in while Chris grabbed us the good ol Maccers, bacon egg mcmuffin, hash brown and coffee combo to get Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Water bus from Hama Rikyu to AsakusaThe boat pier at Hama Rikyu is just a 6 minutes walk from the Otemon gate in front. Boats arrive every half hour, with the first boat departing from Hama Rikyu at 10:35 am.
It's a great way to reach Asakusa Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Bright Lights, Big City.Fukuoka has a really different atmosphere from the other cities that we have been in. This city really is an urban jungle and has a fast paced, hard nosed feel about it. Fukuoka is said to be the hedonistic centre Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 14, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to the Hama Rikyu Gardens in TokyoHama Rikyu Gardens
There are two reasons to get to this famous garden area in Tokyo. One is to visit Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning, have the Sushi Breakfast and make your way here. Second, is to make this your Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- Utsunomiya - MotoGP Here We ComeSaturday 13th October
Another glorious clear morning. Room affords such a great view of Mt Fuji
I think they must have taken pity in us because breakfast hot pot was ham and we added the Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- We Go To the MountainFriday 12th October
Beautiful morning and a clear view of Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. Surprised it does not have snow on top, thought it was one of those mountains that always did. Discovered we could open the window so we Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- The first 24 hours
After landing in Narita Airport and taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station... it hit me that I was in a completely different country. Tokyo Station was ridiculously complicated. The Posted by howardshuang in Japan October 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- My Top 30 Favorite Places in JapanBGM: 花咲く旅路 (Hanasaku Tabiji) by Yuko Hara
I had a really tough time narrowing this list down to just thirty, since everywhere I go in Japan seems to make my jaw drop in one way or another. But these particular places Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Oct 11, 2012
- Let's Champ on some ChamponThis morning started with a trip to Dejima Wharf. Dejima was a tiny island that served as Japan's only gateway to Europe for more than 200 years and was constructed in 1636 to isolate Europeans and the spread of Christianity. Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 10, 2012
- Nagasaki Peace ParkAfter yesterday's festivities, we stepped out for a more sobering trip to the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum and Peace Park to learn about the 1945 bombing.
The museum demonstrates through remnants of buildings and objects the devastation that the atomic Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 10, 2012
- Kyoto - Golden Pavilion, Ryoanji Temple and Nijo CastleTuesday 9th October
Today was meant to be a day of touring at a more relaxed pace since we had an extra day to play with, of course that didnt mean any less walking and 11kms later our feet were letting Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 9, 2012
- Festival in Nagasaki & Everyone's InvitedKunchi means celebration holiday and has a history of more than 370 years. Each year, Nagasaki's historic towns alternate putting on performances, with 5 organising shows this year.
Kunchi has the atmosphere of a street festival with all the acts Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 9, 2012
- Hiroshima in a DaySunday 7th October
Early start, how unusual is that. Caught the bus outside hotel back into city and the Peace Park. Glorious day for sightseeing.
Walked through Hondori Street arcade, but everything closed still, on to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Mu Posted by tojoken in TRAINING THRU ASIA 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A Room with a ViewWe think we've discovered the secret to Japanese efficiency: a hard work ethic and social pressures mean that of the 10 days annual holiday that Japanese employees are entitled to, most take 0 days off. Word of mouth is that Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 7, 2012
- Budget Camping in Daigo, IbarakiBGM: Panini Pua Kea by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Sometimes, you come across one of those places that just captures your heart and won't let go. Self-help books always suggest that we each have a "happy place." I can't help but smile whenever Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Aug 10, 2010
- Totes Kumamotes Good TimeFor our first activity, we both signed up to tie dye tshirts at our hostel. You haven't seen anything this crafty since Art Attack:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/516574/ Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 5, 2012
- Choo Choo All Aboard to KumamotoAfter our flight debacle we were quite apprehensive about getting ourselves to Kumamoto but all ran smoothly! Here is us loaded up like donkeys ready to trapse to the station:
[i Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 4, 2012
- We're off to SakurajimaThe early birds caught the worm this morning and we were up and at them by 6:00am. We were up early enough to engage in a fairly disastrous attempt to wash our clothes in the sink. We soaked all of Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 4, 2012
- Getting to know KagoshimaAn early 8:00am start, the itinerary included: Amu Shopping Centre, Ferris Wheel and the Shimboya Observatory.
We were missing 2 essential items, including an adapter to enable us to charge our electronics from a Japanese socket. A minor oversight mean Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 3, 2012
- We've got 21 hours to go...After months of planning and backpacks packed to the rafters, strictly with essentials you understand (bling, budget sheet and vegetarian sign cards) we hit the road at 6:00am.
The first flight from Gatwick to Milan (1.5 hours) ran smoothly with a Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 2, 2012
- Sakura Showers and Toride Tornadoes (Ibaraki Prefecture)BGM: Sakura by Naotarou Moriyama
We finally made it back to Toride from our brief hiatus in Kansai. As we walked up the stairs to our apartment, we noticed a very strange acidic smell in the air- metallic and tangy (you Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | Oct 1, 2012
- Stabbing Westward: Shizuoka, Kyoto & Osaka
BGM: Redemption Song by Bob Marley
While cruising down Highway 52 en route to Shizuoka, I was glad to see my husband finally begin to relax and enjoy his view from behind the wheel. Towering brown mountains streaked with cascading rivers Posted by GenkiLee in Shaken, But Not Stirred (in Japan) | Sep 30, 2012