- Tokyo to Kyoto Tokyo to Kyoto
Felt 100% improved this morning and after successfully completing a few tasks took myself off to try and get some cash. The ATMs are not as universal as claimed but the 7-11 stores like travellers from other Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Apr 6, 2014
- Things are not what they seem / Island hopping==Things are not what they seem==
===A journey through the night===
So I went from Fukuoka City to Kitakyushu (literally Northern Kyushu). The trip itself was productive! I did some laundry after 9 days o.O
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6627 Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Apr 4, 2014
- Worst accident yetAgain, I'm a little behind, so here's two for one:
===Crashing and breaking===
So I was leaving Yatsushiro about 10 a.m. I woke up and two elderly guys were sitting on a bench nearby the pagoda I had slept in. As Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Apr 2, 2014
- Japanese friendliness at its maxSo let's start in order. This entry will cover 3 days.
==March, 29th - RAAIIINNNSTORRM!!!!!!!!!!!==
So I came back from the Nejime Onsen to Kanoya - it was only 25.6 km on an average of 16.97 km/h. The reason - RAIN..and a Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 31, 2014
- Cape Sata!!==CAPE SATA! だよ＾＾==
So yesterday I finally made it all the way up to the most-southern point of mainland Japn. Why up when it's south? Well I'll explain later.
So this is the place I stayed at the night before biking to Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 28, 2014
- No sun = no fun ... more rain = more painSo I'm on the ferry to Shibushi right now (which is now in the past o.O). How did I get here?
Well I was stuck at McD's in Osaka for quite a while due to the heavy rain which was Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 26, 2014
- Test entryWell here we are pretending to be in Japan. adad=fshdfkasjhf haskfjahdslfh
this is an image inserted using the "large" option: [float=right][/float]
adfhadsfds Posted by bikerider62 in Japan 2014 | Mar 26, 2014
- Crossing Japan or Crossing McDonald's?!After my short night in Imakatata I decided to pay a visit to my first Japanese hometown - Hirakata - city of the infamous 関西外国語大学 Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku (関西 Kansai 外国語 Foreign Language 大学 University). I took on the day Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 25, 2014
- Cops cops cops!Yes, breakfast at McDonalds - BUT they got outlets and let me stay as long as I need to to finish my blogs which I'm creating right now.
But starting from yesterday - waking up around 7:30 a.m. at Rachel's place Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 24, 2014
- Even four Omamori can't prevent an accidentAfter getting a late'ish start on Sunday morning in Katsuyama, I went to my friends' house to get the salt-blessing for my trip - Jun did a fine job sprinkling it all over me and my bike :)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/662777/large_1609981_67 Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 24, 2014
- Pre-pre TripIntro:
Hi everyone! My name is Carsten and I'm from Heidelberg, Germany. I'm 27 years old and studied International Economics and Japanese in both, Germany and Osaka. After having worked for the German headquarters of DENSO for almost a year, Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 22, 2014
- 2013 D4 OCEANIA - HIROSHIMA & TORII GATE AT IKSUSHIMA===Now moved on the Hiroshima...===
.......where there was just about nothing left at the end of WW2.
Maybe just t Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Snow monkeys and other stuffThis morning we met up with Elana our guide. A German woman living in Japan for past 9 years .
Onto Shinkansen (bullet train) for Nagano ( top speed well in excess of 250 km/ hr). Weeeeeee!
Visited the Zengoshi temple Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Mar 21, 2014
- 2013 D3 OCEANIA - KYOTO CASTLE & THE GOLDEN PAVILION===Still parked in Kobe, I head to Kyoto & the Golden Pavilion....===
Passing through Kobe...
You have to look closely, but you can just make out this girl has a Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D2 OCEANIA - KOBE, & OSAKA CASTLE===Now in Kobe, famous for it's beef but at 100 dollars for a steak, I pass.===
The band is out to greet us as we are the first cruise ship of the season..
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D1 OCEANIA - OKINAWA===Okinawa - Japan===
===Famous for being attacked by the US in WW2, & now famous for an attack on me - later. ===
A few old US forces onboard, asking questions of the guide about where places are that are memories Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Japan Days 1-4One of the things I promised myself I would do while I was teaching abroad was to travel around to different countries, So far I have made it to Taiwan. Not exactly the list I was hoping for Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Mar 11, 2014
- NAGASAKI, JAPAN
We arrived in Nagasaki on a beautiful, sunny morning. After buying all day pas Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 2 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/DD9469BA2219AC6817FB20BFE20F3D09 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 1 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
The Japanese people always provide a welcome as we sail into port.Today they even played “Stars and Stripes Forever” for us!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 18, 2014
- Here, there and everywhereThe ferry to Shikoku is very pleasant; the views of the inland sea are beautiful and I feel very calm and content, like I am really getting into the groove of travelling in Japan. After arriving I get the train Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Feb 17, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 3)
On our 3rd day in Yokohama we again made good use of public transport. We took the 100 yen ($1.00 USA) Tourist bus to the Landmark Tower downtown. The outdoor moving s Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 16, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 2)
This second segment of the World Cruise actually begins on our 2nd day in Yokoha Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 16, 2014
- YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DAY 1)
Storm tossed seas brought us into Tokyo Bay, and our port in Yokohama, South o Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 14, 2014
- NAHA, OKINAWA, JAPAN
The Japanese island of Okinawa (think Miami Florida’s weather – it is at the same latitude) is a subtropical paradise. We had a lovely greeting as we arrived in Okin Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 11, 2014