- Koyasan, JapanOn the morning of Thursday 18 April, we left Osaka by train and headed up towards Koyasan. The journey to Koyasan was comprised of three parts: 1.5 hour train ride, 15 minute cable-car ride and concluded with a Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 24, 2013
On Wednesday 17 April, we left Hiroshima by train to go to Osaka. Osaka is the second largest city in Japan, with Tokyo being the largest. After dropping our luggage at the hotel, we we Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 22, 2013
On Monday 15 April, we took a train from Matsue and headed toward Hiroshima, arriving around midday. We left our luggage at the hotel and went directly out to a couple of art museums, an Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 21, 2013
- BeppuMy lats stop in Japan : Beppu. It's a small town in Kyushu full of Onsen (Hot spring).
It looks like the city is smoking :
I tried those hot waters in the public bath tw Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 20, 2013
- Seeing Tokyo with the LocalsYesterday we were fortunate to meet up with Yumiko and Mokoto and they were our guides for the day. Ian worked with Yumiko for several years with the Assistants program, and he had met her husband Mokoto before. We Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 20, 2013
- 沖繩自駕遊 Okinawa Driving Tour Part 1到沖繩，人人都會說自駕遊，因為MONORAIL只有十數個站，很多景點都沒有公交直接前往。
[img=http://p Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Apr 19, 2013
- 琉球海炎祭@沖繩今敞畢業十周年旅行，一行七人來沖繩其中一個目的是到沖繩宜野灣市觀看一年一度的『琉球海炎祭』。舉行的地點為宜野灣海濱公園(宜野灣Tropical Beach)。
票價是成人票2500日幣，特別靚位、交通接送就另外加錢。 先到おもろまち駅(Omoromachi Station) 乘 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Apr 13, 2013
- Lazy Day in TokyoToday we declared a rest day as we have been going full in fir about 11 days. We indulged ourselves in a late breakfast at 8.30 and didn't rush for a bus. We did forget that most shops Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 19, 2013
- KyotoKyoto is the place to visit in Japan. I had a really great time there.
The bamboo grove in a quiet neighborhood.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508629/20130415_165 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 19, 2013
- NaganoOn my way back to the south.
Nagano the city of the winter olympics 98.
At night there were some lights calling me:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508629/90_20130413 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 19, 2013
- HakodateHakodate is a city in the south of Hokkaido (the top north island).
It was freezing, but also peaceful and good for hiking.
I had a walk at night.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 19, 2013
- SendaiOn my way up north, I stopped in Sendai.
The famous statue of the town:
I tasted the food speciality, beef tongue. Exquisite!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/50 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 19, 2013
- Nikko DayToday we took a bus trip on our own – just in case we hadn’t done enough! We headed to the World Heritage Listed area of Nikko. This is about two hours drive north of Tokyo, unfortunately Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 19, 2013
- Tokyo - The CapitalBreakfast on the 30th floor was the start of the day, then it was onto the bus for our last day with the tour. The plan was to experience as much of the life of Tokyo as possible. Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 18, 2013
- Japan - Everything is Tokyo-KPrepare yourself for a lot of me waxing lyrical as I simply adored this country. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I never got bored, was enthralled and have since pined for it. It is my Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Apr 18, 2013
- OsakaIt's great, we had a late checkout at noon! This meant a more leisurely start and breakfast at Starbucks nearby. Though Paul made use of the hotel breakfast vouchers by getting take away beverages to have in the room Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 18, 2013
- OsakaAll the western style breakfasts we have had in Japan are yucky because they lack good fruit and the bread is insultingly soft white and sweet. Tomorrow morning, Starbucks is looking attractive.....
Today we had a to see list. Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 17, 2013
- Into the Big SmokeAfter our second night in a Ryokan, we rolled out of bed, literally, and headed out for a walk near Lake Suwa. It was only about 6.30 and quite beautiful, with folks doing their Tai Chi on the shore. Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 16, 2013
- Miyajima and OsakaWaking up in the ryokan today, it felt really like Japan because the light was coming in through the paper and wood screen. The traditional inn is a must-do experience.
Today's breakfast was similar to the other ryokans where it Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 16, 2013
- Hiroshima and Miyajima IslandThis morning seems like eons ago.
We left Hiroshima, eventually. Just a diversion to see the Mazda factory..... To get there we got a taxi to the JR Station, put our bags in the locker and waited at the platform Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 15, 2013
- Takayama Festival Fun and Another CastleWe were up and around early again after our first night on a futon and tatami mat, and then off into the town centre. We walked through the old town and the sake sales area.The floats from the festival Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 15, 2013
- TokyoI saw Pavlina again (a girl I met in a guest house in Korea). She and her boyfriend, Gaku invited me to their place and took good care of me :D
First night a walk around the city and a crazy Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Apr 15, 2013
- Heading North - Sakura FestivalOur morning began on the bus at 8.00, with the Guide and driver being very impressed that we were all as prompt as the Shinkensan. (For those of you who have ever been on a tour, you will realise Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 14, 2013
On Friday 12 April, we left Kyoto by train and headed towards Matsue. Our first of two trains was a high-speed Japanese bullet train, nicely referred to as a Shinkansen (which we lear Posted by janejoe in Japan | Apr 14, 2013
- HiroshimaWell the breakfast here is very nice. At last there is a nice hotel breakfast buffet. I was slightly perturbed when a half American half Japanese girl turned around and started to talk to me. She thought Posted by fay_bee in Japan 2013 | Apr 14, 2013