- Kyoto - Japan's AdelaideAfter getting our bearings in the city, the first order of the day was to seek out a steakhouse that was very well reviewed to see if we could get a lunch booking some time this week. Like most things Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 25, 2014
- You Harajuku Girls, Damn You've Got Some Wicked StyleSlow morning after a late night. Had a sleep in, then eventually got moving. As soon as we exited onto the street we ran into a harajuku girl. Excellent start!
Plan for today was to try a ramen place recommended by Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 24, 2014
- Beer and Raw Fish- The Breakfast of ChampionsWe wake up bright and early (for us, anyways) and hustle to the train station to head towards the Tokyo fish market (Tsukiji). Google maps is so impressive here that not only does it have the whole, to-the-minute timetable for Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 22, 2014
- Konnichiwa Tokyo!Our flight departed Hanoi just after midnight. It seems the entire airport was designed to assault the senses in every way imaginable. The temperature was uncomfortable and humid, the florescent lights were half dimmed and flickered constantly, the crowds Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 21, 2014
- Freezing at 0 C / Hiroshima==April 5th - Freezing at 0 C==
===My tent saved me===
So I spent another night at McD's the night of the 4th - 5th. Why? Well it was super cold outside and I could not find a save place to set Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Apr 6, 2014
- Tokyo to Kyoto Tokyo to Kyoto
Felt 100% improved this morning and after successfully completing a few tasks took myself off to try and get some cash. The ATMs are not as universal as claimed but the 7-11 stores like travellers from other Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Apr 6, 2014
- Things are not what they seem / Island hopping==Things are not what they seem==
===A journey through the night===
So I went from Fukuoka City to Kitakyushu (literally Northern Kyushu). The trip itself was productive! I did some laundry after 9 days o.O
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6627 Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Apr 4, 2014
- Worst accident yetAgain, I'm a little behind, so here's two for one:
===Crashing and breaking===
So I was leaving Yatsushiro about 10 a.m. I woke up and two elderly guys were sitting on a bench nearby the pagoda I had slept in. As Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Apr 2, 2014
- Japanese friendliness at its maxSo let's start in order. This entry will cover 3 days.
==March, 29th - RAAIIINNNSTORRM!!!!!!!!!!!==
So I came back from the Nejime Onsen to Kanoya - it was only 25.6 km on an average of 16.97 km/h. The reason - RAIN..and a Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 31, 2014
- Cape Sata!!==CAPE SATA! だよ＾＾==
So yesterday I finally made it all the way up to the most-southern point of mainland Japn. Why up when it's south? Well I'll explain later.
So this is the place I stayed at the night before biking to Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 28, 2014
- No sun = no fun ... more rain = more painSo I'm on the ferry to Shibushi right now (which is now in the past o.O). How did I get here?
Well I was stuck at McD's in Osaka for quite a while due to the heavy rain which was Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 26, 2014
- Test entryWell here we are pretending to be in Japan. adad=fshdfkasjhf haskfjahdslfh
this is an image inserted using the "large" option: [float=right][/float]
adfhadsfds Posted by bikerider62 in Japan 2014 | Mar 26, 2014
- Crossing Japan or Crossing McDonald's?!After my short night in Imakatata I decided to pay a visit to my first Japanese hometown - Hirakata - city of the infamous 関西外国語大学 Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku (関西 Kansai 外国語 Foreign Language 大学 University). I took on the day Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 25, 2014
- Cops cops cops!Yes, breakfast at McDonalds - BUT they got outlets and let me stay as long as I need to to finish my blogs which I'm creating right now.
But starting from yesterday - waking up around 7:30 a.m. at Rachel's place Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 24, 2014
- Even four Omamori can't prevent an accidentAfter getting a late'ish start on Sunday morning in Katsuyama, I went to my friends' house to get the salt-blessing for my trip - Jun did a fine job sprinkling it all over me and my bike :)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/662777/large_1609981_67 Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 24, 2014
- Pre-pre TripIntro:
Hi everyone! My name is Carsten and I'm from Heidelberg, Germany. I'm 27 years old and studied International Economics and Japanese in both, Germany and Osaka. After having worked for the German headquarters of DENSO for almost a year, Posted by Kitaine in Crossing Japan | Mar 22, 2014
- 2013 D4 OCEANIA - HIROSHIMA & TORII GATE AT IKSUSHIMA===Now moved on the Hiroshima...===
.......where there was just about nothing left at the end of WW2.
Maybe just t Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Snow monkeys and other stuffThis morning we met up with Elana our guide. A German woman living in Japan for past 9 years .
Onto Shinkansen (bullet train) for Nagano ( top speed well in excess of 250 km/ hr). Weeeeeee!
Visited the Zengoshi temple Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Mar 21, 2014
- 2013 D3 OCEANIA - KYOTO CASTLE & THE GOLDEN PAVILION===Still parked in Kobe, I head to Kyoto & the Golden Pavilion....===
Passing through Kobe...
You have to look closely, but you can just make out this girl has a Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D2 OCEANIA - KOBE, & OSAKA CASTLE===Now in Kobe, famous for it's beef but at 100 dollars for a steak, I pass.===
The band is out to greet us as we are the first cruise ship of the season..
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D1 OCEANIA - OKINAWA===Okinawa - Japan===
===Famous for being attacked by the US in WW2, & now famous for an attack on me - later. ===
A few old US forces onboard, asking questions of the guide about where places are that are memories Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Japan Days 1-4One of the things I promised myself I would do while I was teaching abroad was to travel around to different countries, So far I have made it to Taiwan. Not exactly the list I was hoping for Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Mar 11, 2014
- NAGASAKI, JAPAN
We arrived in Nagasaki on a beautiful, sunny morning. After buying all day pas Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 2 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/DD9469BA2219AC6817FB20BFE20F3D09 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 19, 2014
- OSAKA, JAPAN (PART 1 OF OUR DAY IN KYOTO)
The Japanese people always provide a welcome as we sail into port.Today they even played “Stars and Stripes Forever” for us!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 18, 2014