- JapanToday was a special day as we had booked a tour to the 11th day of the May Suma Wrestling Championships. We saw all of the top tier wrestlers.
However, we started the day with a subway trip to the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 20, 2015
- test Posted by crmsoda in Europe 2015 | May 19, 2015
- JapanMost Americans think Grand Central Station or Penn Station in New York are impressive. They don't even compare to Kyoto Station. It's 11 stories tall - seven escalators to get to the top and handles millions and millions Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 19, 2015
- JapanWe started our day a little early today, because the weather guessers had suggested there was a 90% chance of rain at 4:00pm (they were wrong). Our first stop - a short taxi ride from the hotel was the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 18, 2015
- Where am I...?Been a bit on the go since Kyoto. Did a couple of days there, and took in the Kinkaku-ji (which means Golden Pavilion, and is hence gold in colour), the Ginkaku-ji (which means Silver Pavilion, and is not silver Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 17, 2015
- JapanAfter sleeping in after our grand march yesterday, we left the hotel at about 11:00am and boarded one of the Japan Rail local Trains to the Emmachi Station to be begin site- seeing for the day - a gorgeous one.
The Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 17, 2015
- JapanToday was a 'hike' day. In spite of using five subway trains, we hiked about 7.5 miles to view several of the historic sites of this wonderful city! Our first stop was the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 16, 2015
- JapanAlthough long - five trains and two ferry's, today was an exceptionally rewarding one as we visited two of Japan's most iconic sites. The Miyajima Island is perhaps the most picturesque in Japan. Featured is the Itsukushima Shine Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 15, 2015
- JapanAfter a leisurely morning - still trying to adjust to a 13 hour time zone change - we took a taxi to the Shinagawa train station to catch the 11:40am Shinkansen (Bullet) train to Kyoto to start the next phase Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 14, 2015
- Anyone for earthquakes...?Yep, had my first earthquake this morning (not from anything I ate, a fair dinkum one). About 0630, just getting ready for brekky, and all of a sudden the whole room started to shake. Almost like being on Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 13, 2015
- JapanI have been to Japan before when I was in the Navy, but never had the time to see the sites of Japan in a leisurely or organized way. This is that opportunity!
We flew from Atlanta to Narita Tokyo Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 13, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 2After a brief convenience store bought lunch, we headed to Shinjuku with our first stop being Shinjuku Goen (garden). During our last visit to Tokyo we were disappointed to find it closed but today it was open and rapidly filling Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | May 12, 2015
- Typhoon dayWandered around Asakusa last night, looks great at night. You can also see the place from my hotel window (hence the name 'Asakusa View Hotel').
(And for Rick: it's not 6500 yen, it's more like 65,000 yen - he'll know Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 12, 2015
- Made it, complete with plane and cabin crew...Finally arrived in Tokyo after stinking hot stopover in Singapore. Weather is great here, mid 20s, with a touch of sunburn on the bonce necessitating the purchase of another hat (cause I forgot to bring one).
So after sleeping well Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 10, 2015
- Japan - Tokyo continued, Kyoto and Osaka[center]When we got back to the hostel, I was pretty tired so didn’t stay up late, but Ricky started playing drinking games with some of the other people in our hostel so I left him to it and went to Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | May 10, 2015
- Japan - TokyoI discovered, when booking our flights to Narita airport in Tokyo that it would be easier, quicker and a lot less hassle it we departed from Beijing rather than the airport closest to us.
So we sped along the track on Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | May 8, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 1
So, here we are, our first proper blog post. We recently visited Tokyo so to get ourselves ready to cover our experiences in China, we’ve decided to cover this trip first! Our first full day In Tokyo was spent in Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Apr 29, 2015
- TokyoLeaving Rio for my 30 hour journey to Tokyo, who knew there are no direct links between South America and South East Asia!
Started my journey by flying 9.5 hours to Atlanta waiting there f Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 27, 2015
- Japan - Tokyo and HakoneTuesday 7 April
We are off again. After the trauma in February of finding Ray's cyst was actually a metastatic melanoma and all the tests that ensued followed by a truly restorative month skiing in Meribel we arrive at Heathrow Posted by rduignan in A year together | Apr 21, 2015
- Hanami and Fresh FishWe didn't schedule our trip to see the cherry blossoms. We figured we'd be too early. Plus the prices go way up. But somehow we lucked out and hit Tokyo just as hanami (cherry blossom viewing) went into full swing. Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 3 | Apr 3, 2015
- Kurashiki AdventuresWe're again woefully behind in our blogging. Now in Tokyo--coming home on Saturday. Hope to catch up before we leave.
No, we'd never heard of Kurashiki before we started planning this trip. It was in our guidebook and sounded interesting, Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 3 | Apr 1, 2015
- My Life Was on the Line (by Dick)After three weeks of pretty intense traveling together, a time in which both of us had been sick (and Pam's asthma had been acting up), and frequently too little sleep, a couple can get mighty cranky with one another. Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 3 | Apr 1, 2015
- Lost in Translation and Lost in TokyoDaily Obs: I'm going to miss Tokyo but I'm ready to be able to speak the language of the country. Also, the Japanese people have this traveling thing down to an exact science.
Last day in Tokyo! Michelle left this morning Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 29, 2015
- The Sakuras that refused to bloom earlyObservation of the day: Tokyo is WAY CROWDED on the weekends. Also, department stores in japan are WAY BETTER. Foods for days.
My 3 Day Tokyo Metro Card, which has been extremely convenient and cost saving, became a little bent and Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 28, 2015
- My favorite Japan photoAnd now, for my favorite photo that I took during my trip to Japan (partially because I almost froze my butt off while waiting for the right shot).
In contrast to the white castle of Himeji, Matsumoto Castle is the Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Mar 28, 2015