- Random Observations So Far Some random observations so far:
- There are no soap in the bathrooms
- Warm toilet seats are nice, once you get used to it.
- Japan has quite a patriarchal society, which can be seen in the simple bathroom sign Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Mar 9, 2015
- A Touristy Photo of TokyoI feel like I'm obligated to post a normal touristy photo, since some of y'all never been to Japan before.
Here is a night scene from a popular tourist spot. The skyline of Tokyo is actually not that as concentrate Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Mar 9, 2015
- What is that Warm Liquid? I don't know how much longer I can hold it in anymore, it has more than a day now since I could use the toilet. I have been scared to use it ever since I randomly pressed a button and Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Mar 9, 2015
- Life in Kyoto--Early DaysWe have a too new camera along for this trip -- a Nikon S9700 -- intended to replace our sweet, late, lamented, little tank Lumix. The intended charm of the new camera is that it's smaller and lighter than Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 3 | Mar 7, 2015
- On the Road AgainWe're back in Japan again! We had an uneventful flight via LAX to Narita (although those airplane seats seem to get smaller and more uncomfortable every year!), and an overnight in a Narita hotel--a Hilton. Yes, we usually stay away Posted by pokano in Jizo Diary, Paato 3 | Mar 4, 2015
- Homeward Bound...we're in Tokyo - sort of...Our Valentine's Day this year will be the longest either of us have ever experienced! We will fly back across the international date line before "our" Feb 14th ends, and join the Feb 14th people in North America began Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 14, 2015
- Haneda Airport, Tokyo10 hours of All Nippon Airways' precise and stylish service is preparation for the more intense Japanese reality you can begin to experience at Haneda.
The young couple in front of us on the plane were either married or celebrated same Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 18, 2015
- Hungry? (Tokyo - Part 4)Writing this post now makes me so hungry. If I were to rank my favorite food according to country, my homeland, Malaysia, would win hands down. But Japan comes a very close second. If nothing else, the uniqueness of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jan 16, 2015
- INTRODUCTIONThis first post is just a test. I don't know if I really want to start another blog as I already write one. Posted by mrandmrshoyt in Travels Near and Far | Jan 16, 2015
- Japan... the Old and the NewWe arrived late to Kyoto, and the sudden cold temperature was a major shock to our systems! In just a four-hour flight, we had gone from a humid 30 degree Celsius temperature, to a freezing 1 degree Celsius... we Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Dec 23, 2014
- First Weekend in Tokyo After an exciting week at the lab, I finally had the opportunity to explore Tokyo. My colleague gave me some tips on what parts to visit and where it is nice to eat. As I was still jet lagged I Posted by Max Fischer in The Japan Experience | Dec 21, 2014
- Osaka Universal Studios, JapanAfter a lot of chit chat I managed to persuade Jason to go to Universal Studios...yes!!! I was so excited!
I set my alarm extra early to make sure we got to the ticket booth first and ensu Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Himeji and Kobe, JapanHimeji
Not much to report here. Himeji has Japan's best castle and Sophie has decided that I love castles (I do quite like them) so we thought we'd better take a qui Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- yayis this working? Posted by dompanarello in Dom's Travels | Dec 20, 2014
- testhi Posted by dompanarello in Dom's Travels | Dec 20, 2014
- ToursThe last few days have been taken up with tours. Tours are great because you can fit a lot in a short amount of time and the tour guides often give some great background information on their culture but the Posted by sonya13 in Turning Japanese | Dec 17, 2014
- Onomichi, Japan
Most weekends are difficult finding accommodation, but this weekend proved even more tricky because it was a Japanese public holiday. When we were staying at Hanna Hostel in Hiroshima we met Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Miyajima, JapanMiyajima is a brief train and ferry ride from Hiroshima (all included in the Japan rail pass). It's another one of Japan's top landscape views and we made a quick morning stop there.
To b Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Fukuoka, Japan
We'd based ourselves in Hiroshima for a few days and having our rail passes meant that we could access quite a few areas from there. Luckily, it was the November Sumo Championship in Fukuoka Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 14, 2014
- Hiroshima, Japan
Before we even made it to our hotel from the train station we'd stopped for a cultural experience, sampling Hiroshima's delicacy of okonomiyaki. The train station had quite a few restaura Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 13, 2014
- Staying Warm (Tokyo - Part 3)One of the first thing to notice when strolling around the streets of Tokyo is how well everyone dressed for the autumn cold. It has always been well advertised that Japanese are extremely conscious about their appearance and that the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Dec 8, 2014
- Kyoto, Japan
We arrived to find a huge modern train station, complete with 11 storey shopping centre and a huge Xmas tree.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/708A03F49402A2F99469A579BECDE9 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 7, 2014
- Kanazawa, Japan
We Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 2, 2014
- Takayama, Japan
The train ride to Takayama was one of the best we've taken. Firstly, it was on the Shinkansen bullet train, Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 2, 2014
- Kamakura, Japan
We arrived at a small station near to Fujisawa (close to Mount Fuji and Kamakura) at night and hoped that our Air BnB host would Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Dec 1, 2014