- Dreamy KyotoKyoto is just as I dreamed it would be. Traditional. Simple. Magical.
We are staying at Gion Morisyo, a traditional ryokan in the heart of Gion.
The homes are two stories high with angled clay-shingled rooftops. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 3, 2016
- Hot Hot Hot in HimejiWell, as the title suggests, it was a hot one today!! Our morning started off in our nice hotel with a Japanese and Western buffet for breakfast. We loaded up on katsu, rice, bacon, and eggs until we felt like Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 3, 2016
- Shit-ake mushrooms Holy shit-ake mushrooms is it hot.
Now I see what the locals are doing - I am really tempted to buy a handkerchief or facecloth to wipe my brow and the back of my neck (and between my boobs). It Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 2, 2016
- Heart-Osaka Osaka has flair. It is full of character, with its people, architecture, and neighborhoods. Osakans seem more fun loving; we hear more laughter. Not sure if it was the Hilton hotel (which is really nice - don't get me wrong Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jul 1, 2016
- Travel Day: Takayama to HimejiIt seems like our travel days are getting easier and easier as time goes on. Most of it seems to be due to the fact that everyone has learned to follow my lead ;) We started off our day with Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 2, 2016
- Touring Takayama, JapanIt was a hot day in Takayama today! Kaela and I started off the day by putting on our yukata robes and headed down for a traditional Japanese breakfast with the family. As it turns out, we were the only Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 1, 2016
- Does no one eat breakfast here? Still feeling a bit jetlagged, we awoke early - earlier than anything else in Tokyo. Not much movement in the early hours of Shinjuku. We cafe-hopped so we could get ample breakfast. No matter where we go, I always appreciate Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 29, 2016
- The Japanese don't do trash cans, and they don't do benchesThe most notable thing about Tokyo is its cleanliness. Every little thing is spotless - There were Clean Service people rubbing down subway railings and mopping the tile-bottom of public fountains.
The great thing about this cleanliness is that one Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 30, 2016
- Travel Day: Kanazawa to TakayamaToday was an all around relaxing day. Kaela and I were originally planning on heading out to get pancakes for breakfast with Kuku, but we were still full from our Shabu Shabu feast the night before, so we passed and Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 30, 2016
- Fish and CatsLook Matthew, we've already snaked twice!
We made it to the Tsukiji (pronounced ski-gee) Market. No way, no how did we make it to the Tuna Auction, which tourists must be in line by 3 am for a 5 am Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 28, 2016
- Castles in KanazawaIt was an incredibly busy day in Kanazawa! We started our morning off fairly early and we were all out the door right around 8:08. We were on a mission to visit the beautiful Kanazawa Castle and Kenrokuen Garden before Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 29, 2016
- Travel Day: Tokyo to Kanazawa Today was a fairly easy travel day. We had eight adventurers each with their own carry-on luggage and backpack/purse. We started our morning off around 7:30. Justin and I had to pack up our belongings in the morning because we Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 29, 2016
- I'm not going to lick my porkI heard giggling and it was coming from the bathroom. "Matthew?" I asked. between giggles he mustered a "yeah, I'm fine. It tickles!" Matthew was having fun with the toilet; he found the special buttons:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/51FE Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 27, 2016
- Tokyo DisneylandToday was a long, but spectacular day at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Kaela and I began by waking up swiftly with our alarm at 7:00 a.m. Kaela went to go make sure that Kyra and Heather were awake, since they Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 28, 2016
- Konichiwa Japan!We're here! After two flights, seventeen hours flight time, one layover in LA, three movies, we're here in Japan!
We glamorously spent the first twelve hours in Haneda Airport. We slept at the Royal Park Hotel, since we arrived late Sunday Posted by LaurendeMatt in Japan | Jun 26, 2016
- Touring TokyoKon'nichiwa everyone! I know I've been a bit absent with the blog and I've left most of the responsibilities up to Justin, but I'm back and ready to write! Today was another fun filled adventure touring through Tokyo. I have Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 26, 2016
- Trains, Trains, and Ukai Toriyama...Happy Birthday Heath!Today we all did something special to celebrate Heather's birthday, which is on June 25. Tutu had a surprise for Heather that was so secret, I didn't even know about it! Anytime that this event was passively brought up in Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- Tokyo: The Meiji Shrine, Shibuya Crossing, and Tokyo TowerKaela and I stayed up until around 2:30 a.m. last night finishing the post and planning for the day ahead before heading to bed. In the morning, I actually woke up around 6:00 a.m. and was surprised to see that Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 24, 2016
- The Wedding and Honeymoon
Aloha! First of all, Kaela and I would like to thank everyone for coming to, and helping at, our wedding this past Monday, June 20. We had such a great time and it was amazing to be Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 23, 2016
- Japan, Asia The flight from Thailand to Japan was CAD$602 for a 16hr 5min nonstop ride to the city of Tokyo. The hotel I stayed at was the Edo Sakura, a 3-star place in the Tokyo Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 5, 2016
- FINAL HOURS -TOYKO'S TSUKIJI FISH MARKETTsukiji Market (築地市場, Tsukiji Shijō) is a large wholesale market for fish, fruits and vegetables in central Tokyo. It is the most famous of over ten wholesale markets that handle the distribution of fish, meat, produce and flowers in Tokyo. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 28, 2016
- YANAKA AND ASAKUSA Our final day at work ended at three so we hurried back to the hotel to try and sneak in another adventure before meeting the gang and a colleague from Japan who has recently left our group.
We decided to Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 27, 2016
- NOW THIS IS TOKYOWhen you are working there really isn't much time to get out and explore. Tonight, however, after feeling the effects of sitting in a poorly air conditioned room from 9- 5 daily, I had to find some fresh air. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 26, 2016
- ALL WORK AND NO PLAYNow that I am working, I am really not doing much else besides having dinner. But that can be pretty impressive. At least different than home.
I did take some time today to snap some pictures of the hotel because it Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 24, 2016
- TOKYO IN BLACK AND WHITE===Here are the unedited results of my photography workshop. An exercise working in black and white, shooting things I wouldn't normally shoot.===
I had a great time. It was a great opportunity to learn about photography and life in Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2016