- Portelet Nature Reserve and CommonHaving my toes cooled down by the sea after a long walk has always given me an indescribable feeling. As I have been putting my body through its pace this week, I wanted it to be relaxed so the ideas Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Mar 5, 2014
- Byways of St. MartinSince I arrived to this island in 2012, I have always lived in the west. The west is an open land full of sand dunes and extensive farms most of them with direct view to the beach. However, the east Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Feb 21, 2014
- Two ValleysI have been destined to get soaking wet every time I do this walk. Both times I completed it, I have had the wrong weather forecast. Thruthfully, the weather never deters me from walking but I would have preferred a Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Feb 12, 2014
- St Ouens RuralA picture is worth a thousand words. A short walk in preparation for the Two Valleys walk tomorrow
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/642334/St_Ouens_R..ont_Fondant.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/642334/thumb_St_Ouens_R..ont_Fondant.jp Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Feb 10, 2014
- St. Lawrence Circular 8:44 a.m.
Leaving the house to explore an unknown route is always an adventure. My enthusiasm is always evident even before I leave my house because I know I always discover something new.
This trip is one of those which are Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Feb 4, 2014
- St. Aubins to St. HelierDespite of the hailstorm, the thunder and lightening, I finally finished the last part of the round the island walk. Both St. Aubin's fort and Elizabeth castle looked like a Harry Potter scene but this time instead of boring you Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 27, 2014
- St Ouens Beach - Corbiere - St. Aubins===Day 1===
Walking on your own gives you a great sense of peace but walking with friends on a sunny day makes you feel alive. The path becomes shorter and the slow pace gives you the opportunity to take the most Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 24, 2014
- From Greve de L'ecq to St. Ouens BeachThere was no need for a map this time. I have walked these paths so often that I could easily do them blindfolded. Despite that it was sunny, the wind was cold and I could feel it through the 4 Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 16, 2014
- From Bonne Nuit to Greve de L'ecqArmed with food provisions, warm clothes and a packed rucksack , I was ready for the next stage of the round the island walk at 10:30. This time, I wanted to have all the necessary energy to climb the steep Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 14, 2014
- Rozel Bay to Bonne Nuit Bay9:23 a.m...
The sight of potatoes being planted caught me by surprise. My senses traveled to that unique smell which only Jersey royals can give you. "Seaweed". And I could picture myself eating them. The road offered two distintive ways, Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 9, 2014
- Gorey Harbour to Rozel BayIt never ceases to amaze me how much you can learn while walking. This route has dazzled me not only with its beauty but its history and interesting architecture. Its impressive rocks make you feel unease but you still want Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Jan 7, 2014
- Elizabeth Quay Ferry Terminal To GoreyIf you think that you have seen everything Jersey has to offer, you are wrong. Nothing prepares you for the astonishing, rocky and eerie feeling this walk gives you. I was expecting a typical long sandy beach to cross and Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 17, 2013
- North Coast of St. OuensThe best way to appreciate what this island has to offer is to drive 20 minutes to any direction from where you are. The sand dunes are easy replaced by the headland, the valley or the farms. This small Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 12, 2013
- The Magical Sand Dunes of St. BreladeEvery time I want to disconnect from the day to day living, I head to the sand dunes. Your feelings change depending if it is sunny or not but the sense of peace is always there. Despite I have walked Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 12, 2013
- Val de la Mare Reservoir
If you want to be awaken by beauty, this walk is the perfect one. The vegetation and animals around the reservoir gives you the sensation that you have been left into paradise. Seriously, Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 9, 2013
- A South West Stroll[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 4, 2013
- The Soul of St. Ouens
I have walked this side of the island so many times not only because of its beauty but because of its amazing waves. Every surfer who comes here to visit is always enchanted by its power Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 3, 2013
- The Real Ouest!My boots only wanted to take me where they have been before so I head for the west part of the island. There is something about it that I can't really explain. The scenery is breathtaking. It doesn't matter how Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 2, 2013
- The Ultimate St. John's/St. Mary'sAnother fabulous walk exploring the north coast of Jersey. After spending lots of times getting lost and retracing my steps, I found the right path to the cliffs. Stunning views of the Coast of Normandie and the Islands of Guernsey, Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Nov 29, 2013
- 31 days to go!Hello again! It's 31 days until I leave on my travels. I've bought my InterRail pass and ferry ticket, so everything is now ready. Only the waiting is left! I will update this blog just before I leave. Posted by Jerseyman in Journey to the East | May 27, 2013
- 45 days to go!Hi, this is my first blog post. First I will tell you about myself, I am 19 years old and I am from Jersey, an island in the English Channel. My name is Mark.
You can see my route in Posted by Jerseyman in Journey to the East | May 12, 2013
- Planning!So, 5 weeks tomorrow till I leave and believe me it can't come soon enough. Work is getting more and more mind numbing now that i've started to count down the days!
I've only just made a packing list and realised Posted by rossco88 in South Africa, Nepal, SE Asia | Jul 17, 2011
- The Cream of Jersey
Thanks to this lovely gal and her lady friends we've been enjoying the rich cream and butter that made Jersey famous. Although the lush pastures of this quaint island nation Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 7, 2010
- ...a word about jersey......I am currently visiting the island of Jersey and what a pleasant place it is, to be sure...since I've been here (arrived on the 10th June) I have witnessed the fascinating process (known as the hustings) of a by-election, brought Posted by nantic in ...one small footstep... | Jun 13, 2010
- Wohoo!Well, everything at home is finally sorted and so I have just booked some flights and a three week language course in Malaga, very exciting! I leave Sunday so bye for now! Take care xx Posted by Sarnia in Sarnia's travels | Jan 22, 2010