- Wadi Rum May 14May 14
When we left Petra, we were taken to a very nice restaurant with large windows overlooking the valley and had a delicious buffet lunch. Since we were a small group, and we were one of the Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 19, 2013
- May 14, PetraMay 14
Day 9 of Cruise
Port: Aqaba, Jordan
Excursion: Petra and Wadi Rum
Final port of call and final excursion, before the end of our cruise at Dubai. Mark has already written about his excursion to the Dead Sea, which Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 18, 2013
- May 14 Dead SeaMay 14
While Susan, Val and Troi ventured on to Petra for the day to “look” at things, I decided to go to the Dead Sea to “look and DO” some things.
It was a great day, but as were Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013
- Cross-Roads of the Middle East - JordanPhoto Collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nileshkorgaokar/collections/72157633423887973/
When the taxi driver, in heavily accented English, cracks jokes before he has even deposited your luggage in the boot, you can be forgiven for thinking that Posted by nilesh in Travel Diary - Nilesh Korgaokar | May 14, 2013
- JordanSo after a ’full’ night of sleep Debra and I were off to Eilat. The bus journey was a continuance of our night, the giggles followed by an occasional nap. When we got to Eilat we realised we missed the Posted by LaPoderosa in La Poderosa | May 13, 2013
- Wadi Rum
Travelled on the high mountain passes to Wadi Rum this morning. It's spring so the desert landsc Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 3, 2013
- Perfect Petra
Early start today to beat the crowds (and we mean crowds - a 1200-strong group of cruise shi Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 2, 2013
- Mud, Mosaics & Many School GirlsThe skin received the Dead Sea mud treatment again today – at this rate, we’ll be looking 10 years younger by the time we get home! Met our guide, Hakam from Via Jordan Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 2, 2013
- Jordan - organised chaos
Not too bad a flight was experienced by all. The second leg (3 hours which turn Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Mar 31, 2013
- Videos From Jordan
Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 24, 2013
- Final Post On Israel and JordanI have been a little bit slow on the blog lately, so this one is to catch up...
Alissia blogged about most of our final week in Israel and Jordan so I will just add a few comments.
Our hike Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 24, 2013
- Camp in the desert... visit Petra...ride a donkey...On Sunday, we packed up early and left Jerusalem for Jordan. If you have a rental car from Israel, you are not allowed to drive across the border so we hired a tour company for our 2 days spent Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Feb 20, 2013
- Eygpt & Jordan Day 14 - 1625/1/13: We had a guided tour of the Amman citadel the epicentre of religion & trade back in the day of several ancient regimes, each building on top of the other, from there we could see the Amman amphitheatre & Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Feb 7, 2013
- Eygpt & Jordan Day 11 - 1322/1/13: Catching the speed ferry from Taba, Eygpt to Aqaba, Jordan early in the morning, we met our new travel guide, breakfasted on seriously tasty falafel & fuul wraps between sips of cardamom spiced coffee.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Feb 7, 2013
- Friday 28/12/12 - Transit Today was a travel/transit day from Israel to Egypt. I had to be up and in the hotel lobby at 4am so that we could be transferred to Tel Aviv airport in time to catch the 7.30am flight to Posted by travel96761 in Israel & Egypt | Jan 4, 2013
- Petra, Jordan- Our narrow escape through the siq at dark===For those who do not know, what Petra is all about===
Petra also know as the "Rose Red City" or "The Lost City" is an old archaeological and historcal city situated in the Ma'an governorate of Jordan. Petra was the capital Posted by shantanu16 in World's best sounds, colors and flavours | Dec 14, 2012
- Wonderful country, JordanThis october, I had traveled to Jordan with my friend.
It was amazing place. I had chance to travel many world heritage in Europe but I wanted to go completely different place & cultures! ! Then, I Posted by tanaka taro in Wonderful country, Jordan | Nov 18, 2012
- The road to JordanA few funny things happened on the way to Jordan. There are two ways to get there from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt: overland to the Egypt/Israeli border, drive across Israel for approx. 10km then cross into Jordan, or by Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Nov 17, 2012
- Water water everywhere...
The Middle East holds some cities with amazing history. Cairo, Damascus, Jerusalem, the list is extensive. However, Amman (Jordan's capital) isn't among them. In fact, Amman's history as Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Aug 2, 2012
- Into the Desert
Every year thousands of people flock into Jordan and swarm across the ruins of Petra, like so many ants searching for food. Unfortunately, many of these people enter the country for this Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Jul 24, 2012
- 9 Nights in Jordan: Days 1-3Now I'm a student, a trip like my one last year was out of the question. Instead, a more conventional holiday was the plan, so I trawled through EasyJet's web site in search of an interesting location. One destination immediately Posted by Daniel.J.B in 9 Nights in Jordan | Jul 6, 2012
- The slow sands of Jordanian desert - Wadi RumWhat a night! A little tip for those of you who are considering a small investment into a new set of beddings – camel hair does not make for a good night sleep. Although judging by its wiry quality, it Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 29, 2012
- Jordanian desert from the back of a camel - Wadi RumNoone could accuse us of not being German enough when we arrived at the Wadi Rum gate at 9am on the dot. I suspect there is something in the genetic make-up of the Germans that prevents them from being late Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 22, 2012
- Crossing the JordanFor the first time in my life I've travelled like a grown up. The trip we're on is the kind where you are met at the airport by a guy with your name on a clipboard. You have a driver Posted by karicketts in to infinity... and beyond | Jun 8, 2012
- PollutionJordan rocks my world. Plastic Bags are the scourge of it.
These two statements are related. Although it may not seem so. Let me explain.
Jordan is a bit like Egypt, but the people are nice. There is a bit less to Posted by karicketts in to infinity... and beyond | Jun 7, 2012