- Wadi RumAfter Petra, the piggies headed to Wadi Rum, the most famous valley in Jordan
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/493820/IMG_3627_-_Version_3.j Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 17, 2014
- The Dead Sea, Karak and Madaba[img=h Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Sep 16, 2014
- The Piggies Finally Visit PetraNo trip to the Middle East is complete without a trip to Petra.
It's quite expensive to enter, 50JD or about 70USD for tourists in Jordan. If you are Jordanian it's a whopping 1JD (less than 2USD) and if you come Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 12, 2014
- Road to PetraThe piggies began their Jordanian journey in Amman
Amman is okay. Maybe better for working in than being a tourist. But the Roman ruins at the top of the city were Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 11, 2014
- Amman, Jordan[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Sep 9, 2014
- Al-Quds - Jerusalem (tra frontiere e resurrezioni)La spina dorsale di asfalto lungo il deserto del Negev ci appare ancora più sottile quando una moltitudine di camion porta-carro-armati ci viene incontro: un gregge di ferro, aggressivo, di un verde appassito come le foglie degli iris, simbolo della Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | May 27, 2014
- AqabaL'aria mi sembra si sia fermata da un pezzo mentre attraverso la strada che taglia in due le montagne rocciose, tra il deserto di Wadi Rum e la città di Aqaba, sul Mar Rosso. È una lenta discesa negli inferi Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | May 8, 2014
- Wadi RumOre 7.30 del mattino, parto in solitario da Petra, in direzione sud, verso Wadi Rum, attraverso la King's Way, la strada del deserto.
Wadi Rum è uno dei deserti giordani, il più famoso tra tutti, reso celebre dalla figura di Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | May 3, 2014
- La città rosa"Tutti gli uomini sognano: ma non allo stesso modo. Coloro che sognano di notte, nei recessi polverosi delle loro menti, si svegliano di giorno per scoprire la vanità di quelle immagini: ma coloro i quali sognano di giorno sono uomini Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | May 2, 2014
- Lungo il GiordanoLa strada che conduce a Madaba, verso sud, si apre tra campi di angurie e pomodori. I coloratissimi braccianti sembrano essere già al lavoro da ore, con pile di cassette di legno accatastate lungo i campi. Le donne con i Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Apr 30, 2014
- Day 35 - At seaAnother sea day and time to recover. Kay's hip is still a little sore and Christine is feeling better, hit by a truck but better. Usual daily activities, chatting with other passengers, Battle of the Sexes and checking out Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 25, 2014
- Day 34 - Aqaba, JordanUp and ready for a day of exploring an ancient city we have only seen in books and on tv. Christine feels a bit better but still has a cough, headaches and runny nose. Kay has a sore hip after Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 24, 2014
- Day 33 - Heading towards Aqaba, JordanAnother sea day, Christine again tries to take it easy so she is as well as possible for Petra, but Battle of the Sexes is a must!
Kay went to the Port Talk about Palma with its spectacular scenery she Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 23, 2014
- AmmanOre 2.30 del mattino, e sono sola ad Amman.
L'aeroporto è deserto. Mi ricorda la notte di dicembre in cui arrivai a Tehran. Così estranea nella solitudine. Eppure è tutto così diverso.
Avrei potuto farla più facile stavolta, trovarmi, ad esempio, Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Apr 21, 2014
- Christmas on the Road in JordanAfter a stay in Beirut, Lebanon, I flew to Amman, Jordan. Usually the bus to Jordan would cross a corner of Syria. but as you know that is not possible due to the civil war. Similarly, Lebanon does not have Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Dec 25, 2013
- 2011 C7 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXV - PETRA I HAVE A RULE WHERE I DO NOT PUT MORE THAN 50 PHOTOS IN A BLOG ENTRY.
RULES ARE THERE TO BE BROKEN..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_E Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- AmmanI arrived in jordan at 1am- after 7 days of work travel, hopping from place to place, somewhat resembling how we tend to vacation, a different city each day, but this time there was little room for pleasure- it was Posted by Rits blog in Around the world in.... | Nov 22, 2013
- Highs & Lows of JordanOur tour of Jordan began with 2 nights in Amman, the first after a midnight arrival from Madrid, 3 nights in Petra, 1 in Aqaba, and lastly 2 nights at the Dead Sea. We arranged this as a private tour, Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Nov 19, 2013
- Amman – Petra and the Dead Sea Jordan generated a great first impression. It is a developed and quite wealthy country, with Amman as a capital. This city, Amman, has a wonderful contrast of white/cream buildings and the blue sky, which is something incredible to see. This Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Sep 10, 2013
- Hello Planet Earth!Hello world!
This is my "firstest" post here.... And yes, I am lost but everything looks promising so far.
Posted by DareBecca in Dare Becca | Jul 21, 2013
- Northern JordanSeldom do I post an entry that is not laden with complimentary references about… me. Admittedly, in my incessant state of insecurity, I have occasionally dabbled in dramatizing and manipulating the descriptions of incidents to perpetuate a mythical imager Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jun 10, 2013
- Southern JordanJordan was the first country in Asia that I visited on this trip and probably the last Arab state. My time in Jordan seemed to flash before my eyes, especially after the frustratingly delayed journey to get there from Egypt. Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jun 8, 2013
- Wadi Rum May 14May 14
When we left Petra, we were taken to a very nice restaurant with large windows overlooking the valley and had a delicious buffet lunch. Since we were a small group, and we were one of the Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 19, 2013
- May 14, PetraMay 14
Day 9 of Cruise
Port: Aqaba, Jordan
Excursion: Petra and Wadi Rum
Final port of call and final excursion, before the end of our cruise at Dubai. Mark has already written about his excursion to the Dead Sea, which Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 18, 2013
- May 14 Dead SeaMay 14
While Susan, Val and Troi ventured on to Petra for the day to “look” at things, I decided to go to the Dead Sea to “look and DO” some things.
It was a great day, but as were Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013