- Christmas on the Road in JordanAfter a stay in Beirut, Lebanon, I flew to Amman, Jordan. Usually the bus to Jordan would cross a corner of Syria. but as you know that is not possible due to the civil war. Similarly, Lebanon does not have Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Dec 25, 2013
- 2011 C7 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXV - PETRA I HAVE A RULE WHERE I DO NOT PUT MORE THAN 50 PHOTOS IN A BLOG ENTRY.
RULES ARE THERE TO BE BROKEN..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_E Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- AmmanI arrived in jordan at 1am- after 7 days of work travel, hopping from place to place, somewhat resembling how we tend to vacation, a different city each day, but this time there was little room for pleasure- it was Posted by Rits blog in Around the world in.... | Nov 22, 2013
- Highs & Lows of JordanOur tour of Jordan began with 2 nights in Amman, the first after a midnight arrival from Madrid, 3 nights in Petra, 1 in Aqaba, and lastly 2 nights at the Dead Sea. We arranged this as a private tour, Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Nov 19, 2013
- Amman – Petra and the Dead Sea Jordan generated a great first impression. It is a developed and quite wealthy country, with Amman as a capital. This city, Amman, has a wonderful contrast of white/cream buildings and the blue sky, which is something incredible to see. This Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Sep 10, 2013
- Hello Planet Earth!Hello world!
This is my "firstest" post here.... And yes, I am lost but everything looks promising so far.
Posted by DareBecca in Dare Becca | Jul 21, 2013
- Northern JordanSeldom do I post an entry that is not laden with complimentary references about… me. Admittedly, in my incessant state of insecurity, I have occasionally dabbled in dramatizing and manipulating the descriptions of incidents to perpetuate a mythical imager Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jun 10, 2013
- Southern JordanJordan was the first country in Asia that I visited on this trip and probably the last Arab state. My time in Jordan seemed to flash before my eyes, especially after the frustratingly delayed journey to get there from Egypt. Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jun 8, 2013
- Wadi Rum May 14May 14
When we left Petra, we were taken to a very nice restaurant with large windows overlooking the valley and had a delicious buffet lunch. Since we were a small group, and we were one of the Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 19, 2013
- May 14, PetraMay 14
Day 9 of Cruise
Port: Aqaba, Jordan
Excursion: Petra and Wadi Rum
Final port of call and final excursion, before the end of our cruise at Dubai. Mark has already written about his excursion to the Dead Sea, which Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 18, 2013
- May 14 Dead SeaMay 14
While Susan, Val and Troi ventured on to Petra for the day to “look” at things, I decided to go to the Dead Sea to “look and DO” some things.
It was a great day, but as were Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013
- Cross-Roads of the Middle East - JordanPhoto Collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nileshkorgaokar/collections/72157633423887973/
When the taxi driver, in heavily accented English, cracks jokes before he has even deposited your luggage in the boot, you can be forgiven for thinking that Posted by nilesh in Travel Diary - Nilesh Korgaokar | May 14, 2013
- JordanSo after a ’full’ night of sleep Debra and I were off to Eilat. The bus journey was a continuance of our night, the giggles followed by an occasional nap. When we got to Eilat we realised we missed the Posted by LaPoderosa in La Poderosa | May 13, 2013
- Wadi Rum
Travelled on the high mountain passes to Wadi Rum this morning. It's spring so the desert landsc Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 3, 2013
- Perfect Petra
Early start today to beat the crowds (and we mean crowds - a 1200-strong group of cruise shi Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 2, 2013
- Mud, Mosaics & Many School GirlsThe skin received the Dead Sea mud treatment again today – at this rate, we’ll be looking 10 years younger by the time we get home! Met our guide, Hakam from Via Jordan Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 2, 2013
- Jordan - organised chaos
Not too bad a flight was experienced by all. The second leg (3 hours which turn Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Mar 31, 2013
- Videos From Jordan
Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 24, 2013
- Final Post On Israel and JordanI have been a little bit slow on the blog lately, so this one is to catch up...
Alissia blogged about most of our final week in Israel and Jordan so I will just add a few comments.
Our hike Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 24, 2013
- Camp in the desert... visit Petra...ride a donkey...On Sunday, we packed up early and left Jerusalem for Jordan. If you have a rental car from Israel, you are not allowed to drive across the border so we hired a tour company for our 2 days spent Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Feb 20, 2013
- Friday 28/12/12 - Transit Today was a travel/transit day from Israel to Egypt. I had to be up and in the hotel lobby at 4am so that we could be transferred to Tel Aviv airport in time to catch the 7.30am flight to Posted by travel96761 in Israel & Egypt | Jan 4, 2013
- Petra, Jordan- Our narrow escape through the siq at dark===For those who do not know, what Petra is all about===
Petra also know as the "Rose Red City" or "The Lost City" is an old archaeological and historcal city situated in the Ma'an governorate of Jordan. Petra was the capital Posted by shantanu16 in World's best sounds, colors and flavours | Dec 14, 2012
- Wonderful country, JordanThis october, I had traveled to Jordan with my friend.
It was amazing place. I had chance to travel many world heritage in Europe but I wanted to go completely different place & cultures! ! Then, I Posted by tanaka taro in Wonderful country, Jordan | Nov 18, 2012
- The road to JordanA few funny things happened on the way to Jordan. There are two ways to get there from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt: overland to the Egypt/Israeli border, drive across Israel for approx. 10km then cross into Jordan, or by Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Nov 17, 2012
- Water water everywhere...
The Middle East holds some cities with amazing history. Cairo, Damascus, Jerusalem, the list is extensive. However, Amman (Jordan's capital) isn't among them. In fact, Amman's history as Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Aug 2, 2012