- Madaba and Umm Al-Rassas – royalty of Jordanian mosaicsDetermined to beat the masses of tourists bound to head for Mount Nebo, we got up some ridiculous time in the morning (I might be slightly exaggerating here). We were still congratulating ourselves on the immaculate timing of our arrival Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 2, 2012
- Jordan by car in two weeksIt started something like this:
The Duke: ‘How about a short Easter break somewhere non-Eastery.’
Me: ‘Yup. Was thinking it would be good to get out. Anywhere in particular?’
The Duke: ‘How about Jordan’.
Me: [i]‘Great! Ar Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 30, 2012
- Pella and Al Salt – The underrated sights of JordanHummus is undisputedly the king of foods in Jordan. It comes pretty much with every meal, more often than not generously bathed in an olive oil and accompanied by a pile of pita bread. And so it doesn’t come as Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 30, 2012
- Valley of Moses, Call to Prayer, Modern Day Jordan, Sky BedWe left Petra for a three hour drive back toward the airport. On the way, we stopped at a scenic overlook of Wadi Musa, also called the Valley of Moses.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 22, 2012
- Jordan Desert Adventure! Petra, Camel Trekking, BedouinsWe arrived in Petra last night. View from our room.
The temperature in Jordan is very comfortable- in the mid to uppe Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 22, 2012
- Holy Land- Mt. Nebo, Jordan River Baptism, Dead Sea Floating
We are in the Holy Land, Jordan. Today was a departure from our tourism pursuits. It was a spiritual day focused on following the footsteps of Jesus and Moses and affirming our faith i Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 21, 2012
- The great tourist sites in north JordanIt’s 8am, the 3rd day of our holiday and the first without a pre-booked hotel. The only thing we know for certain is that we want to see Jerash, a second best known Jordanian tourist destination after Petra. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 19, 2012
- In the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia - north-east JordanWhen travelling to the massively under-populated and decisively dry east of Jordan, one has to be prepar Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 5, 2012
- Roughing it in Amman - almostIt’s Friday, the first day of our holiday and we have a leisurely morning packing. Our journey will take us to Jordan, but flight connections from Düsseldorf are rather poor, so we are having an early afternoon flight to Frankfurt, Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 1, 2012
- Wadi Rum & Aqaba
Wow... back again in Israel after an amazing couple of days in Palestine with our new friends. I don't want to give too much away because it clearly warrants its own post so all I say i Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 29, 2012
- Baptismal Site On Saturday we left our beautiful Dead Sea spot and drove to the spot where it is believed that Jesus was baptized. Since the Jordan is considerably smaller than it was in Jesus' day, the Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 29, 2012
- The view of the Promised Land Today (Friday) we left Petra and drove to Mt. Nebo, the Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 27, 2012
- Petra - Amazing! Today was our day in Petra, and it was almost unbelievable. We walked about 6 1/2 hours on a perfect weather day, and wh Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 27, 2012
Here it is! PETRA. Jordan's crown jewel and one of the new seven wonders of the world (we will see 3 on this trip + the only remaining ancient wonder in the world and have seen the Gre Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 24, 2012
- The Dead Sea & Jerash
Once again sorry for the delay between posts! This time I can't really blame internet connectivity on my lack of production as it was rather due to our hectic schedule of the past week. Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 22, 2012
- Amman, Jordan
It's hard to believe that we're already posting about the Middle East! Time is just flying by, but we both couldn't be happier to be back in a modern civilization again (sorry India lol Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 15, 2012
- Desert or Dessert?Back when I was in public elementary school, my teacher tried to help my fellow students and I learn how to differentiate between the spelling for 'desert' and 'dessert'. The difference is in the number of 's'," she said. Posted by evilnoah in The Travels of Two Couch Potatoes | Mar 23, 2012
- A Crusade to PetraYears ago when I was in high school, I received a postcard from a summer camp friend that showed a massive building facade carved into the side of a mountain. I immediately recognized it as the resting place of Posted by evilnoah in The Travels of Two Couch Potatoes | Mar 22, 2012
- Not Tickled About Being PickledIn the weeks proceeding our trip, I was obsessed with making banchan--Korean side dishes such as kimchi. I tried to pickle everything I could get my hands on--cucumbers, daikons, cabbages, eggplants, garlic, etc. I was getting out of Posted by evilnoah in The Travels of Two Couch Potatoes | Mar 20, 2012
- Stupid Is As Stupid Does?[Note: I'm posting my blog entries that I wrote daily during my trip to Jordan and Egypt. There's a 2-3 week delay because I am morally opposed to paying for internet access at my hotels (i.e. I'm too cheap).]
Last Posted by evilnoah in The Travels of Two Couch Potatoes | Mar 19, 2012
- WHC List #0326 - PetraThe UNESCO World Heritage List includes several hundred properties with outstanding universal value. They are all part of the world’s cultural and natural heritage.
Date of Inscription: 1985
Category: Cultural site
[b]UNESCO Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jan 2, 1985
- AqabaHi for the last time!
We are only in Jordan for 1 clear day, so going to the lost city 'Petra' was a must. One of the Indiana Jones films was made here, the place is awesome!! It took Posted by Lilla Merrick in Travel Expedition 2012 | Mar 12, 2012
- Day 2 - Friday 18th NovemberOur entire day today was spent at [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra|Petra]], an ancient city built as the capital for the Nabataeans, It was an amazing place!
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by israeladventure in Jordan and Israel 2011 | Nov 17, 2011
- Day 1 - Thursday 17th NovemberAs we flew into Jordan this morning, it suddenly struck me that we were actually in the Middle East. As the plane lowered through the clouds and as I looked out the window, I could see nothing but sandy desert Posted by israeladventure in Jordan and Israel 2011 | Nov 16, 2011
- Backpacking in the Middle East part 2===Amman, Jordan===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/61553/SAM_2239.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6155 Posted by aggro in Clara's travel blog | Jan 6, 2012