- Wonderful country, JordanThis october, I had traveled to Jordan with my friend.
It was amazing place. I had chance to travel many world heritage in Europe but I wanted to go completely different place & cultures! ! Then, I Posted by tanaka taro in Wonderful country, Jordan | Nov 18, 2012
- The road to JordanA few funny things happened on the way to Jordan. There are two ways to get there from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt: overland to the Egypt/Israeli border, drive across Israel for approx. 10km then cross into Jordan, or by Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Nov 17, 2012
- Water water everywhere...
The Middle East holds some cities with amazing history. Cairo, Damascus, Jerusalem, the list is extensive. However, Amman (Jordan's capital) isn't among them. In fact, Amman's history as Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Aug 2, 2012
- Into the Desert
Every year thousands of people flock into Jordan and swarm across the ruins of Petra, like so many ants searching for food. Unfortunately, many of these people enter the country for this Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Jul 24, 2012
- 9 Nights in Jordan: Days 1-3Now I'm a student, a trip like my one last year was out of the question. Instead, a more conventional holiday was the plan, so I trawled through EasyJet's web site in search of an interesting location. One destination immediately Posted by Daniel.J.B in 9 Nights in Jordan | Jul 6, 2012
- The slow sands of Jordanian desert - Wadi RumWhat a night! A little tip for those of you who are considering a small investment into a new set of beddings – camel hair does not make for a good night sleep. Although judging by its wiry quality, it Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 29, 2012
- Jordanian desert from the back of a camel - Wadi RumNoone could accuse us of not being German enough when we arrived at the Wadi Rum gate at 9am on the dot. I suspect there is something in the genetic make-up of the Germans that prevents them from being late Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 22, 2012
- Crossing the JordanFor the first time in my life I've travelled like a grown up. The trip we're on is the kind where you are met at the airport by a guy with your name on a clipboard. You have a driver Posted by karicketts in to infinity... and beyond | Jun 8, 2012
- PollutionJordan rocks my world. Plastic Bags are the scourge of it.
These two statements are related. Although it may not seem so. Let me explain.
Jordan is a bit like Egypt, but the people are nice. There is a bit less to Posted by karicketts in to infinity... and beyond | Jun 7, 2012
- Madaba and Umm Al-Rassas – royalty of Jordanian mosaicsDetermined to beat the masses of tourists bound to head for Mount Nebo, we got up some ridiculous time in the morning (I might be slightly exaggerating here). We were still congratulating ourselves on the immaculate timing of our arrival Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | Jun 2, 2012
- Jordan by car in two weeksIt started something like this:
The Duke: ‘How about a short Easter break somewhere non-Eastery.’
Me: ‘Yup. Was thinking it would be good to get out. Anywhere in particular?’
The Duke: ‘How about Jordan’.
Me: [i]‘Great! Ar Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 30, 2012
- Pella and Al Salt – The underrated sights of JordanHummus is undisputedly the king of foods in Jordan. It comes pretty much with every meal, more often than not generously bathed in an olive oil and accompanied by a pile of pita bread. And so it doesn’t come as Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 30, 2012
- Valley of Moses, Call to Prayer, Modern Day Jordan, Sky BedWe left Petra for a three hour drive back toward the airport. On the way, we stopped at a scenic overlook of Wadi Musa, also called the Valley of Moses.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 22, 2012
- Jordan Desert Adventure! Petra, Camel Trekking, BedouinsWe arrived in Petra last night. View from our room.
The temperature in Jordan is very comfortable- in the mid to uppe Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 22, 2012
- Holy Land- Mt. Nebo, Jordan River Baptism, Dead Sea Floating
We are in the Holy Land, Jordan. Today was a departure from our tourism pursuits. It was a spiritual day focused on following the footsteps of Jesus and Moses and affirming our faith i Posted by rraney in Life Is a Journey | May 21, 2012
- The great tourist sites in north JordanIt’s 8am, the 3rd day of our holiday and the first without a pre-booked hotel. The only thing we know for certain is that we want to see Jerash, a second best known Jordanian tourist destination after Petra. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 19, 2012
- In the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia - north-east JordanWhen travelling to the massively under-populated and decisively dry east of Jordan, one has to be prepar Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 5, 2012
- Roughing it in Amman - almostIt’s Friday, the first day of our holiday and we have a leisurely morning packing. Our journey will take us to Jordan, but flight connections from Düsseldorf are rather poor, so we are having an early afternoon flight to Frankfurt, Posted by TheDukes in Roughing It? | May 1, 2012
- Wadi Rum & Aqaba
Wow... back again in Israel after an amazing couple of days in Palestine with our new friends. I don't want to give too much away because it clearly warrants its own post so all I say i Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 29, 2012
- Baptismal Site On Saturday we left our beautiful Dead Sea spot and drove to the spot where it is believed that Jesus was baptized. Since the Jordan is considerably smaller than it was in Jesus' day, the Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 29, 2012
- The view of the Promised Land Today (Friday) we left Petra and drove to Mt. Nebo, the Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 27, 2012
- Petra - Amazing! Today was our day in Petra, and it was almost unbelievable. We walked about 6 1/2 hours on a perfect weather day, and wh Posted by Rrevtom in Sabbatical 2012 | Apr 27, 2012
Here it is! PETRA. Jordan's crown jewel and one of the new seven wonders of the world (we will see 3 on this trip + the only remaining ancient wonder in the world and have seen the Gre Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 24, 2012
- The Dead Sea & Jerash
Once again sorry for the delay between posts! This time I can't really blame internet connectivity on my lack of production as it was rather due to our hectic schedule of the past week. Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 22, 2012
- Amman, Jordan
It's hard to believe that we're already posting about the Middle East! Time is just flying by, but we both couldn't be happier to be back in a modern civilization again (sorry India lol Posted by ttbwarren in Blair & Stacey's World Tour | Apr 15, 2012