- Week 21Monday
I was late to labour ward but just in time to catch a delivery. The mother was 16 years old and very stubborn. She refused to push despite everyone in the room screaming at her. She had two women with Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Hej då KenyaAllt blir inte riktigt som man tänkt sig... Ibland blir det bättre som vår vistelse i Masai Mara och ibland blir det lite struligt...
Efter vår fantastiska vistelse i Masai Mara förde vår guide oss vidare till Nakuru nationalpark. Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Ett besök hos Masaierna4 juli 2014
Idag gjorde vi ett besök i en sk "icke-turistig" Masai-by. Icke turistig visade sig mena en by där folk faktiskt bor och där man lever efter gamla traditioner. Det var häftigt men ganska upplagt för turister som det Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- JK Mara camp och safari i Masai Mara4 juli 2014
Vi anlände alltså till Nairobi onsdagen den 2 juli, guiden Chris hämtade oss på flygplatsen och förde oss med safaribil till utkanten av nationalparken Masai Mara. Bilturen tog 5h och trots att vi var helt slut efter en Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- De första intrycken av Afrika3 juli 2014
Afrika... Det är inte på något sätt det vi förväntade oss. Våra två dagar här har bjudit på uppgångar och nedgångar.
På flygplatsen i Nairobi tog det en halv evighet att komma igenom visumkontrollen. Väl ute hittade vi Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Week 20Monday
When I met Hellen at the clinic she told me she thought I might have gone home since the British Government’s advisory. I think quite a few people expect me to do so. Although most people I speak to deny Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Last day in NairobiOh, how we hate to go away from this place where impalas and hippos and monkeys play on the lawn. But by 8:00 a.m., we are in the vans and ready to return to civilization. (We are traveling without being Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Mar 1, 2012
- Masai Mara x 2Morning came early with a 6:30 a.m. calling for the sunrise game drive. The sun was trying to push it’s way over the surrounding hills as our vans drove out into the bush. Having seen four of the big five Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 29, 2012
- Masai MaraWe left our quiet lake resort this morning at eight o’clock after a good breakfast. Most folks are dragging a bit early on because of several reasons: the jet lag has hit and most of us wake up every two Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 28, 2012
- Lake NaivashaWe were treated to a late morning in bed —which was good because it’s always harder to sleep through the second night. Breakfast was included and it was a full buffet with a mix of American and African fare.
We were Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 27, 2012
- Nairobi, KenyaAh, what a shower and a good night's sleep and another shower—can do for one's outlook on life!
We were in bed by 4:30 and up by 11 o'clock in the morning. After an invigorating shower, we headed for lunch since we Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 26, 2012
- Week 19Monday
It was a good morning at the clinic! I gave one successful IV injection, 3 IM injections, injected local anaesthetic and incised and drained a wound. A woman sliced her ankle with a panga (large knife) and required stitches. Orlando Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Week 18Monday
Week 18, who’d of thought. I left half an hour earlier than usual so that I could catch the Polio Campaign. The vaccinations are spread over 5 days – from Saturday to Wednesday. It was door to door on the Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 26, 2014
- I Win A Free Trip to Nairobi, Kenya![center][/center]
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/elia_twiga_Nairobi_049.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/thumb_elia_twiga_Nairobi_049. Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Apr 17, 2014
- Week 17Monday
Clinic in the morning. Again in wasn’t busy in the ANC or labour ward so I went to outpatients. Alice wasn’t there so Dr Askah was left with all of the patients. I spent the whole morning sitting in with Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 11, 2014
- Week 16Monday
I want to congratulate Ally on her pregnancy! I’m sure you don’t read this but in case you ever glance back I want to say I’m very happy for you and wish you the best of luck!
I started at the Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 3, 2014
- Week 14Monday
We went to Kecheko in the morning. I went into the class with three older girls in Standard 7 (Evelin), Standard 8 (Mary) and Form 1 (Anne).
Betty got me to stand up and tea Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Apr 28, 2014
- Week 15Monday
The 4th day in our long weekend. After lunch we went to Keckeko slum to get some footage for our video. Everyone was very welcoming. A family let us film them sieving seeds and another woman let us capture her Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Apr 28, 2014
- Voluntary working in KiberaOur last month of the Africa adventure was spent in Kenya, more exactly voluntary working in Kibera, more famous as the largest slum in Africa. Kibera is located in Nairobi and is made of 1,5 million people living in very Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Apr 20, 2014
- Week 13Monday
Today was the last day with Alecia, Kristen and Gretchen. We visited the day care in the morning with colouring books, pens, balls and balloons that the Canadian girls had brought out with them. It was a really good morning Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- LEAVING KENYAI did not intend to write or post today since we have no planned activities other than to leave our last location in Kenya and make the 9 hour journey to our first in Tanzania on the Serengeti. But, as Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 17, 2014
- BEST ZOO EVERI am going to try to keep this short because internet is limited but I have to share some of today’s pictures. I woke early to the most wonderful view from my veranda. I still can’t believe where we are. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 16, 2014
- BIRTHDAY SURPRISES AND MAASAI WARRIORWe started our day with a wonderful surprise. Without us knowing, the staff at the lodge brought out a birthday cake for Jackson’s 14th birthday and broke out in song. It was so beautiful and heartfelt. We were all in Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 16, 2014
- I WANT A HIPPOPATAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS....I am writing this just as I have finished a delicious Indian buffet lunch at The Flamingo Tented Camp at Lake Nakuru. It was served with custom made Naan bread cooked in front of us in a Tandor oven Yes, Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 14, 2014
- NECKING WITH GIRAFFES AND ELEPHANT ORPHANAGEI can’t believe that I ever said that I just wanted to get out of Nairobi. We have the most wonderful day. This was the first official day of our tour and we were picked up by our driver at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 13, 2014