- Day OneDear White People (And Guamalian, and Philippinish),
Hello from the future! I am currently 11 hours ahead of most of you and 10 ahead of some. It's a lot different from your time. The airline services are run by an Arab Posted by sbinnell in Words and Things about Stuff and Places | Dec 9, 2016
- Elephant Orphanage David Sheldrick Posted by Dancom Tours in Kenya luxury resorts | Nov 8, 2016
- Private SafarisHow to enjoy Private safaris
When it comes to world tourism, it is never easy deciding on the best safaris to take especially if you are doing it for the very first time. Some people enjoy the thrill of taking Posted by Dancom Tours in Kenya luxury resorts | Nov 7, 2016
- Kenya budget safariEnjoying Kenya budget safari
Kenya budget safari is one of the major origins of the traditional African safari with a wide range of scenic beauty to experience the wildlife. Spending your holidays in Kenya offers you its vibrancy to get Posted by Dancom Tours in Kenya luxury resorts | Nov 7, 2016
- African SafarisFactors to consider when planning for African Safaris
For most travelers a trip to Africa is usually a fulfillment of a lifelong dream. However, there are some important pointers that you need when planning for African Safaris. These things are Posted by Dancom Tours in Kenya luxury resorts | Nov 7, 2016
- Licked by a giraffe! The most recent in my series of up-close-and-personal-encounters-with-wild-animals happened in the sprawling city of Nairobi, a most unlikely place. The Giraffe Centre ([[http://giraffecenter.org/]]) is dedicated to preserving the Rothschild giraffe, an e Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Sep 15, 2016
- A Heart Opening ExperienceWe all have those moments---a time when you just feel your heart open.
It could be a especially spectacular sunset, or an awe inspiring vista, or just the touch of someone you love.
I had such an experience in one of the Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Sep 14, 2016
- Nairobi to Jo'burg[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/751928/rp Posted by AliDaz2015 in Africa 2016 | Sep 11, 2016
- The Kenyan Beachopps---slight change in the next blog. Bear with me, I will try and tell you about my heart opening experience next time.
This time I want to tell you about going to the Beach. As much as we loved Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Sep 4, 2016
- A maszájokMár most tudom, hogy ez lesz a kedvenc bejegyzésem, mert ezek a maszájok írtóra érdekesek, főleg nekem, vagyis nekünk európaiaknak. Itt ők testesítik meg most az igazi afrikát. Ha találkozok eggyel mindig elgondolkodok, hogy ez most tényleg valóság-e, hog Posted by makrancziagi in Ági Afrikában | Aug 27, 2016
- The African DOI have spoken a lot about the animals we saw in Africa...but I need to say that the people are just as amazing.
In fact, we found most Africans to be very helpful and nice to us. (Can't say this Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 25, 2016
- Sunset on the Savannah===Ahhhhh---=== sunsets and sunrises are spectacular anywhere, but here in Africa, out in the wilds of Africa, they are special indeed.
The drill was to gather the chairs, wine, beer and binoculars into the Hyena research truck, drive to a Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 21, 2016
- LIFE WITH THE HYENASThis has been my year for up close and personal with wildlife.
In March I got to kiss a grey whale on the nose in Baja, Mexico.
In July I got slurped by a giraffe an Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 20, 2016
- HYENAS 101Disney just didn't get it right.
Yeah, I know--the LION KING was a great movie... Hakuna Matata, Circle of Life, and all that. But Disney has caused big problems for Hyena PR.
I mean really , does this[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/832485/Sh Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 14, 2016
- Five Star Camping==Hello again!==
Thanks for getting to the second entry.
Before I get into all that we did with the hyenas, let me tell you about how we lived for three weeks in the Masai Mara.
There were two hyena research camps, both of Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 10, 2016
- Lions and Cheetahs and Gnu's, oh my!Welcome to my blog! I know, I know—it’s taken me long enough to start one, but here it is.
I feel I’ve been really lucky in my life. For one thing, I have some amazing friends.
One of those amazing Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Aug 9, 2016
- day outHello all. Well its 5am on 21st and i cant sleep (due to a cold I have ).
Well had a great day yesterday , Lucien was great and took me all over, thoughI am suprise we got Posted by jeannie60 in Great Adventure | Jul 20, 2016
- ArrivedWell ive finally arrived in Nairobi shattered but slightly excited with a touch of sadness at the loss of one of our friends, Leon Karla. I noticed someone had mentioned that he had passed on fb, so unexpected. I Posted by jeannie60 in Great Adventure | Jul 19, 2016
As we are enjoying breakfast in the hotel, Tillya (owner of [[http://www.calabashadventures.com/|Calabash Adventures]]) arrives and greets us from behind a huge smile. He Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 12, 2016
- Uber in Kenya: I'll Drive the Car, You Tell Me Where To GoAfter spending last week in Marsabit and the weekend in Maasi Mara, we were finally going to be spending some time in Nairobi. The work week was dedicated to hashing out the operations side of our project and beginning Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Birmingham - Dubai - Nairobi
As we approach Dubai Airport after seven hours or so in the air, the sun rises and we get a brief glimpse of this modern metropolis from the air.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 11, 2016
- Critters, Critters Everywhere Safari Weekend!!
We left Friday morning and drove to the an overlook of the Great Rift Valley about 45min outside of Nairobi. The Great Rift Valley is the "continuous geographic trench, approximately 6,000 kilometres (3,700 mi) in Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 23, 2016
- Kenya: The Land of Speed Bumps and Fording RiversBright and early Monday morning we left Nairobi and drove to Thika, a town about an hour northeast of the city which is also the home of Mount Kenya University (MKU). From Thika, the team and I loaded the Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 19, 2016
- Landed in Nairobi!!Saturday I was up bright and early for my morning flight to Frankfurt. After my Uber/Taxi ride to the airport (Uber in Berlin is just a taxi ordered through the Uber app), I grabbed a MilchKaffe (Café au Lait Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Jungle Sense: 5 Travel Tips To Learn From Nature
In my mind, there’s nothing better than pure experience, plain and simple. But the next best thing isn’t a bunch of books about getting ahead i Posted by ClaireTraveltio in Why I Travel | May 9, 2016