- day outHello all. Well its 5am on 21st and i cant sleep (due to a cold I have ).
Well had a great day yesterday , Lucien was great and took me all over, thoughI am suprise we got Posted by jeannie60 in Great Adventure | Jul 20, 2016
- ArrivedWell ive finally arrived in Nairobi shattered but slightly excited with a touch of sadness at the loss of one of our friends, Leon Karla. I noticed someone had mentioned that he had passed on fb, so unexpected. I Posted by jeannie60 in Great Adventure | Jul 19, 2016
As we are enjoying breakfast in the hotel, Tillya (owner of [[http://www.calabashadventures.com/|Calabash Adventures]]) arrives and greets us from behind a huge smile. He Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 12, 2016
- Uber in Kenya: I'll Drive the Car, You Tell Me Where To GoAfter spending last week in Marsabit and the weekend in Maasi Mara, we were finally going to be spending some time in Nairobi. The work week was dedicated to hashing out the operations side of our project and beginning Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Birmingham - Dubai - Nairobi
As we approach Dubai Airport after seven hours or so in the air, the sun rises and we get a brief glimpse of this modern metropolis from the air.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 11, 2016
- Critters, Critters Everywhere Safari Weekend!!
We left Friday morning and drove to the an overlook of the Great Rift Valley about 45min outside of Nairobi. The Great Rift Valley is the "continuous geographic trench, approximately 6,000 kilometres (3,700 mi) in Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 23, 2016
- Kenya: The Land of Speed Bumps and Fording RiversBright and early Monday morning we left Nairobi and drove to Thika, a town about an hour northeast of the city which is also the home of Mount Kenya University (MKU). From Thika, the team and I loaded the Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 19, 2016
- Landed in Nairobi!!Saturday I was up bright and early for my morning flight to Frankfurt. After my Uber/Taxi ride to the airport (Uber in Berlin is just a taxi ordered through the Uber app), I grabbed a MilchKaffe (Café au Lait Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Jungle Sense: 5 Travel Tips To Learn From Nature
In my mind, there’s nothing better than pure experience, plain and simple. But the next best thing isn’t a bunch of books about getting ahead i Posted by ClaireTraveltio in Why I Travel | May 9, 2016
- Heading home from Kisumu and NairobiIn the morning I had coffee at the Kisumu Java House. There were men working on the exterior of the building on very thin scaffolding.
We went to visit my mother-in-law i Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 28, 2015
- Kisumu Impala SanctuaryAfter a big breakfast at the Acacia Premier Hotel we headed back to the hospital where I met my mother-in-law for the first time. We spent the morning at the hospital and in the afternoon went to Kisumu Impala Sanctuary Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 28, 2015
- Kisumu and Yala KenyaEarlier this morning we went to Avenue Hospital in Kisumu to meet my mother-in-law for the first time. Unfortunately she was not well enough today for introductions. I did meet my other two brothers-in-law, a couple aunts, and a cousin. Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 27, 2015
- Kenyan Road Trip: Nairobi to Kisumu Part IIIWe arrived at Lake Nakuru several hours after leaving Hell's Gate.
The town of Nakuru was busy, bustling, and congested. Once entering Lake Nakura National Park we drove past many yellow acacia trees before reaching the lake shores. I was keeping Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 26, 2015
- Am I a Kikuyu now? I woke up today, with my guide knocking on the door. I looked at my watch to see that it was way past the time we were all supposed to meet. I quickly changed and Posted by snyudo20 in Kenya's Kiyuku | Nov 26, 2015
- Meeting the Kikuyu people The sunlight from small holes in the cottage woke me up today. We started the day off with a cup of warm peppermint tea and some toasted bread. Then we headed off into the mountains(Mt.Kenya) Posted by snyudo20 in Kenya's Kiyuku | Nov 25, 2015
- Kenyan Road Trip: Nairobi to Kisumu Part IIFrom Kijabe it took us about another hour to get to the town of Naivasha. Along the drive around Lake Naivasha to reach the entrance of Hell's Gate National park we passed many rose nurseries which David explained are mostly Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- The Chogoria village After waiting a few minutes, my guide came. He was relatively short. Black hair. Long arms. Nice clothing. He also smelt fresh like a lemon. We introduced each other and headed for our first destination, Posted by snyudo20 in Kenya's Kiyuku | Nov 25, 2015
- Kenyan Road Trip: Nairobi to Kisumu Part IWe started our road trip from Nairobi to Kisumu on a highway that passed a very scenic area with many beautiful flowering trees. After this we drove along a highway for what seemed to be a little over an hour Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- Second Day In NairobiWe didn't do much on this day. The terrorist attacks in Paris happened the day before and I had an uneasy nights rest. Every noise I heard during the night seemingly were terrorists storming the hotel we were staying Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- First day in Nairobi: Part IIOne of the main things I wanted to do in Nairobi was go to the Nairobi National Park. By the time we finished exchanging money in the Central Business District of Nairobi I was already tired but we went out Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- First day in Nairobi: Part IMorning view from the balcony at Bidwood Suite Hotel
People working on nearby building.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/786671/large_11_13_15_WorkMenNair1.jp Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- Arriving in KenyaMy excitement only grew as we descended towards Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi when we were informed that we would be de-boarding the plane via stairwells and not the boarding bridge I have have always used in the past. Posted by bmotieno in See the Journey | Nov 25, 2015
- Important thing than culture… Day 1
I arrived at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. I stepped outside of the airport, the humid wind covered my skin. It was about 31 C, and I ran as fast as I could to get cool air in taxi. I Posted by tomo maro in Kenya | Nov 18, 2015
- Maralal - Naivasha - Nairobi - Brussels - London - Bristol Day eight of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwtO2wBRCu0d2dkvjVi5cBEiQAMEIVGZuMmcLMhdap1pD9W6wYIzvP4Z7E6ofRtFxSn5J2rjQaAt7b8P8HAQ|Undiscovered Destinations]].
What a difference a cool room makes! Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 16, 2015
- Loiyangalani - MaralalDay seven of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]].
We set off early this morning, just as the sun is rising.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Sunrise_ne..yangala Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 15, 2015