- Farewell to New York, end of the TourThe last hours in New York were uneventful. We walked a bit more in Brooklyn, did some shopping, had an intimate farewell party in the apartment with lots of IPA, cleaned the apartment, packed, mailed, skyped, organized pictures. The return Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 28, 2017
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage After another great breakfast at Khweza we got picked up by Anne's favourite taxi driver to take us to the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage. The drive went through parts of Nairobi we hadn't yet seen, so that was good to Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 26, 2017
- Back to Baby HopeYesterday morning after breakfast we headed into town (long pants on) to buy bracelets for the kids as they were all obsessed with mine and Josh's.
Once finished with our shopping we headed to find a matatu towards Thika. Our Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 24, 2017
- Kenyan BBQYesterday Josh and I took our time getting ready after breakfast, and we didn't leave the hotel until close to noon. It was a nice change not running out to be somewhere. I wore my Levi's shorts that I made Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 23, 2017
- Baby Hope Center We woke up yesterday a little fuzzy, Josh more than me as he chugged a full glass of my red wine before we left the bar. One of the brothers bought it for me but I couldn't finish it so Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 23, 2017
- Party in Nairobi Waking up Friday morning we had breakfast in our B&B and then texted our motorcycle driver Wilfred to arrange for he and his buddy to pick us up. We made it way to the bus station to buy our tickets Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 21, 2017
- Safari Day 3Day three was a very early game drive, so we were up for breakfast at 5:45. We headed out and picked up one of the girls from the lodge (one wasn't feeling well) and we headed out on our drive. Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 21, 2017
- Safari Day 2Day two of our Safari we woke up and had breakfast. Josh and I have been eating their baked beans in the morning and they're so good. It's something Josh would have never tried at home. We picked up the Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 20, 2017
- Safari Day 1We got up early for a 7:30 start to our Safari. The first girls we met were from London, but one was originally from Kenya and knew a bit of Swahili so that was interesting. Kay and Anita. Another girl Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 20, 2017
- Nairobi After a much needed siesta this morning we woke and got ready to hit the town. The bus ride sure took it out of us. I didn't use the washrooms once on the trip but Josh said to me this Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 17, 2017
- Overnight Bussing We spent some time in the sun at our hostel and chatted with Sam, the British guy Josh met yesterday. After about an hour, Sam suggested we take his car to a gelato place a few minutes up the road, Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 16, 2017
- Giraffes and Fort Jesus We woke up and headed to the cafe close by to use wifi while we had breakfast as our hostel's wifi was down the whole time we were there. I had a fresh pineapple juice, it was delicious.
Next we Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 16, 2017
- Bamburi, Mombasa Salim, our taxi driver, was early to pick us up, and he was so sweet and friendly the whole drive. We drove through Diani and through all of the little villages on our way to the ferry. On the ferry Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 16, 2017
- Ali Barbour's CaveI had researched this cave restaurant to go for dinner last night, but all that research didn't prepare me for how stunning it was. Mostly candle lit, its an old coral cave turned into a restaurant. So romantic, the photos Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 14, 2017
- Sea SafariAfter the sun rose this morning we had breakfast; Josh had the breakfast at the hotel and I had the mango I bought yesterday, which was delicious. We both had chai tea.
We decided to walk along the beach and Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 14, 2017
- Monkeys and Tuk TuksThe first thing we did yesterday morning was walk about 20 minutes to the Nakkumat grocery store. On the way we made friends with two locals who talked politics, economy, and wanted to know everything about Canada. They didn't even Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 13, 2017
- Forty Thieves Josh and I had a much needed nap in our Villa before we forced ourselves up to head out and get some dinner. It's the off season and things close earlier than normal, so heading out close to 8pm wasn't Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 12, 2017
- Culture ShockWe checked into our resort at around 3pm today, it's now 7pm and I'm struggling to wake Josh to get some dinner. We are both exhausted but we have limited time here so I think we will still attempt to Posted by kvandervegan in Veggie Pack | Apr 12, 2017
- From Punda Millias back to Jungle Junction, NairobiBasically back along the road we came. Trucks and speed bumps galore, matatus and boda bodas in between, and dust, dust, dust! I felt like Queen Beatrix: not a hair out of place. All securely held together by red dust...
First Posted by Tulip1945 in Around Lake Victoria | Mar 3, 2017
- From Kissumu to Punda Millias, NakuruWe had hoped that the rain would keep the dust down, but unfortunately that was not the case... Puddles everywhere though, and they were being used to their full extent! Everything that needed a wash, was taken care of at Posted by Tulip1945 in Around Lake Victoria | Mar 2, 2017
- KenyaDay 19. February 23, Thursday
Our departure from the hotel at 10AM was a welcomed change and we were grateful to sleep Ina bit. We drove south towards the capital city of Kigali on very winding roads through Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 1, 2017
- NairobiTuesday we rode the whole route of the school bus because it would drop us at the Outspan Hotel. The children are not let off unless an adult is there to meet them. Towards the end of the route Posted by madrona38 in Kenya and beyond 2011 | Feb 26, 2017
- Final DaysIt is raining yet again – wrong time of year. We usually start the day with clear skies, clouds gather – maybe white clouds, maybe rain clouds. If they are rain, it will rain in the late afternoon Posted by madrona38 in Kenya and beyond 2011 | Feb 20, 2017
- Last full weekWell, I told Geoff he had to carry the conversational ball with Edward. He was 40 minutes late and conversation was the least of our worries because he was so delighted with the fast internet that his face was Posted by madrona38 in Kenya and beyond 2011 | Feb 15, 2017
- Nakuru to ItenWe left the Kivu Resort after a good look around. There was a lovely kiddies playground and a fabulous pool area. Unfortunately we had no time for a swim. Even though we don't travel long distances, the roads and the Posted by Tulip1945 in Around Lake Victoria | Feb 14, 2017