- Africa Oct '14Lots of Photos from our trip,
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Nov 12, 2014
- Got some rains down AfricaOn arriving in Kenya, I had had a LONG travel day. A very local immersion day.
The night before I had arrived back in Moshi from the Kili climb. To celebrate safe returns had a beer with my guide, Arshad. Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Bristol - London - Doha - NairobiThe journey to Nairobi was surprisingly painless, with the only excitement being five passengers escorted off the flight at Heathrow. They didn’t look unruly, nor troublesome, but there must have been a reason. To our delight there was lots of Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 9, 2014
- Week 23Monday
I woke up with the others and packed all morning for Mount Kenya. Around 11.30 I set off, catching a bike to Syokimau and a matatu into Nairobi. I wandered along Nairobi’s bustling backstreets in search of the correct matatu Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Week 22Monday
In the morning I gave 2 injections and 3 stitches! A man came in 3 deep cuts on his head, dried blood over his face, battered arms and legs and his wrists in handcuffs. The best I could get out Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- East Africa[left][/left][left][float=left][right][float=right]Recently we made a stopover on our round trip through Uganda, Kenya, Tanganyika and Zanzibar. After coming from Uganda´s capital Kampala by a very comfortable bus (they even had those business class seats Posted by Freedomlane in Mother Africa! | Aug 16, 2014
- Nairobi nature[left][float=left][right][float=right]Recently we made a stopover on our round trip through Uganda, Kenya, Tanganyika and Zanzibar. After coming from Uganda´s capital Kampala by a very comfortable bus (they even had those business class seats that you can Posted by Freedomlane in East Africa | Aug 15, 2014
- Masai Tribe
The Masai Mara Tribe Warrior taught us how to set-up a fire using nature tools (wood and sticks), in exchange, we taught the Masai Mara Tribe Warrior how to use a touch screen phone! ha Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Masai Mara National Park
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!
Seeing one of nature's biggest wonders - the Wildebeest migration is truly a spectacular sight witnessed by a lucky few. Counte Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Masai Mara MigrationOnce again, the great wildebeest migration is fast approaching and the world at large is on the brink of witnessing yet again one of the most spectacular and remarkable sight to behold.
Each year around 1.5 million wildebeest and 300,000 zebra Posted by wilfy Muya in Kenya my mother land | Aug 13, 2014
- Week 21Monday
I was late to labour ward but just in time to catch a delivery. The mother was 16 years old and very stubborn. She refused to push despite everyone in the room screaming at her. She had two women with Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Hej då KenyaAllt blir inte riktigt som man tänkt sig... Ibland blir det bättre som vår vistelse i Masai Mara och ibland blir det lite struligt...
Efter vår fantastiska vistelse i Masai Mara förde vår guide oss vidare till Nakuru nationalpark. Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Ett besök hos Masaierna4 juli 2014
Idag gjorde vi ett besök i en sk "icke-turistig" Masai-by. Icke turistig visade sig mena en by där folk faktiskt bor och där man lever efter gamla traditioner. Det var häftigt men ganska upplagt för turister som det Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- JK Mara camp och safari i Masai Mara4 juli 2014
Vi anlände alltså till Nairobi onsdagen den 2 juli, guiden Chris hämtade oss på flygplatsen och förde oss med safaribil till utkanten av nationalparken Masai Mara. Bilturen tog 5h och trots att vi var helt slut efter en Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- De första intrycken av Afrika3 juli 2014
Afrika... Det är inte på något sätt det vi förväntade oss. Våra två dagar här har bjudit på uppgångar och nedgångar.
På flygplatsen i Nairobi tog det en halv evighet att komma igenom visumkontrollen. Väl ute hittade vi Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Week 20Monday
When I met Hellen at the clinic she told me she thought I might have gone home since the British Government’s advisory. I think quite a few people expect me to do so. Although most people I speak to deny Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Last day in NairobiOh, how we hate to go away from this place where impalas and hippos and monkeys play on the lawn. But by 8:00 a.m., we are in the vans and ready to return to civilization. (We are traveling without being Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Mar 1, 2012
- Masai Mara x 2Morning came early with a 6:30 a.m. calling for the sunrise game drive. The sun was trying to push it’s way over the surrounding hills as our vans drove out into the bush. Having seen four of the big five Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 29, 2012
- Masai MaraWe left our quiet lake resort this morning at eight o’clock after a good breakfast. Most folks are dragging a bit early on because of several reasons: the jet lag has hit and most of us wake up every two Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 28, 2012
- Lake NaivashaWe were treated to a late morning in bed —which was good because it’s always harder to sleep through the second night. Breakfast was included and it was a full buffet with a mix of American and African fare.
We were Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 27, 2012
- Nairobi, KenyaAh, what a shower and a good night's sleep and another shower—can do for one's outlook on life!
We were in bed by 4:30 and up by 11 o'clock in the morning. After an invigorating shower, we headed for lunch since we Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 26, 2012
- Week 19Monday
It was a good morning at the clinic! I gave one successful IV injection, 3 IM injections, injected local anaesthetic and incised and drained a wound. A woman sliced her ankle with a panga (large knife) and required stitches. Orlando Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Week 18Monday
Week 18, who’d of thought. I left half an hour earlier than usual so that I could catch the Polio Campaign. The vaccinations are spread over 5 days – from Saturday to Wednesday. It was door to door on the Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 26, 2014
- I Win A Free Trip to Nairobi, Kenya![center][/center]
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/elia_twiga_Nairobi_049.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/thumb_elia_twiga_Nairobi_049. Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Apr 17, 2014
- Week 17Monday
Clinic in the morning. Again in wasn’t busy in the ANC or labour ward so I went to outpatients. Alice wasn’t there so Dr Askah was left with all of the patients. I spent the whole morning sitting in with Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | May 11, 2014