- Headwinds And Magic Carpet Rides In Kyrgyzstan
So having arrived in Bishkek it was off to the Chinese embassy with renewed spirits. The embassy was built like a fortress. An aggressive façade, more communications dishes then Sky and a surrounding wall built in testament to their past, Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | May 18, 2016
- Au Revoir Almaty, Bonjour BishkekHi friends,
So all is on hold once again.
From a reasonable place to start ….
Having filled up the last 6 pages of my passport with border stamps, this time the stout lass behind the desk, wearing an excessively formidable officers hat, Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Apr 28, 2016
- Off road adventures, KyrgyzstanWe've spent a few days in Bishkek having our clothes laundered, enjoying cappuccinos, and preparing for a camping trip.. The Off Road Kings Expedition 2015 will start from Karakol on the easter Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Oct 9, 2015
- Sary TachNous voici de retour près de la frontière chinoise, cette fois nous faisons un stop dans ce petit village.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 19, 2015
- Osh, Irkeshtam... &... retour à Osh!
Râté pour un jour mon anniversaire, qu'ils avaient organisé en grande pompe! ;-)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/382 Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 4, 2015
- Lac Song-Kül -> Kutka -> Kazarman[img=http Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 4, 2015
- Kochkor & Lac Song-Kül[img=http://photos. Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 4, 2015
- First stop Kyrgyzstan
It's 7am at the airport on Bishkek. With just a couple of windows open and no one directing traffic at Immigration, inching forward is all about how aggressive you're feeling. The upside: It Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Sep 1, 2015
- Ala Archa[img=http:// Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 27, 2015
- Bishkek[img= Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 24, 2015
- Kaptivating KyrgyzstanWith no time pressures we left Fergana for the border crossing into Kyrgyzstan at around 9am for the 100km ride to the border. Once we arrived we were told to wait; 45 minutes in the blazing sun until the gate Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jul 20, 2014
- Kyrgyzstan - Mountains, Mountains and more MountainsLachlan
The last two weeks have been great. They started off with us entering Kyrgyzstan and going to Bishkek, the capital. Bishkek is a chaotic, busy city of 900 000 people. Most of the people seem to be only first or Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Sep 6, 2013
- KyrgyzstanWe are in country number six, Kyrgyzstan. The time zone is plus two hours from Moscow, making us four hours behind Australian eastern Standard time. Kyrystan is not as well off as Kazakhstan. The hostel owner here in Bishkek tells Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Aug 21, 2013
- Guesthouse WarningSakura Guesthouse is the most popular guesthouse in Bishkek, and probably the best too, was unfortunately shaken by a rather disgusting event when I visited.
Thus is this a warning against staying there, or at least to stay alert when there.
During Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | May 19, 2013
- Hiking the Tian Shan Mountain RangeThe World’s highest mountains outside the Himalayas are found in Central Asia. In particular the ranges of Tian Shan, The Pamirs and The Hindu Kush, all including multiple peaks above 7000 meters. The Tian Shan is placed on the border Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | May 7, 2013
- The wild, wild east
This being my first visit to Central Asia, I was not really sure what to expect on landing in Kyrgyzstan. Emerging from the Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Oct 19, 2012
- When the wanderlust strikes again…So it turns out that four months travelling around the Himalayas and South East Asia is not a good cure for the wanderlust. No sooner had we touched down in the chilly North of England on January 16 2012, and Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Oct 13, 2012
- Kyrgyzstan: an overviewI love Kyrgyzstan. We spent over a month there and had an amazing time. Along with Georgia, it is currently sitting in my top two countries on this trip.
The landscape is stunning - immense mountains, immense wide open spaces, gorgeous Posted by chrisgulik in Eurostar to Auckland | Oct 4, 2012
- The animal bazaarThe first taxi that came past us at 6am already had some locals in it, but they stopped anyway. They were going to the same place as us so we jumped in the back. As soon as the car took Posted by chrisgulik in Eurostar to Auckland | Sep 21, 2012
- Making hay while the sunshinesWell I am way behind on this blogging business. I have so much to say, because we have been doing so many great things, and that of course in turn gets in the way of writing this. But. We are Posted by chrisgulik in Eurostar to Auckland | Sep 18, 2012
- Goat Polo mixed with Fancy DressKarakol homestay was our home for the night and our aim in Karakol was to find our fancy dress outfit. We had all been given a name at random and without knowing who we each had (there was a fine Posted by neillkylie in The long way to Oz | Jul 1, 2010
- It's just like SwitzerlandAs borders go, the Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan border was an effortless process and involved a fair bit of waiting around but we have all got use to border crossings now and the water bottles, books and I-pod’s came along to Posted by neillkylie in The long way to Oz | Jun 25, 2010
- 20 - Camping, Caviar and Cream TeaAfter a 12 hour bus transit from Almaty, Kazakhstan we finally arrived in Cholpan-Ata, Kyrgzstan at 9pm....ever so slightly worried where we were going to stay the night. We needn't have worried....we were met off the marshrutka (minibus) by Posted by FiColes in Fi & Bryn's Big Trip | Sep 25, 2009
- Kuidas asi algas?Aprill, 1999
Mineralnõje Vodõ – Peterburg’i rongi kupee. Ülemeelikus tujus ja ütlematagi arusaadaval põhjusel veidi kilavate silmadega eesti keelt kõnelevad mehepojad arutavad tulevikuplaane.
Kupee on pungil lumelaua- ja mäesuusakottide ja muude Posted by valdek2 in Lumelauaga Leninilt, 2000 | Nov 20, 2008
- KohalesõitNiisiis, 23. Juuli 2000.
Transportisin laevaga saabunud meie grupi põderliikmed Balti jaama pagasit hoiustama. Ja otse iseenesetmõistetavalt POLE meie kodulinna raudteeväravas PAKIHOIURUUMI! Kuul pähe! Kuid loodus tühja kohta ei salli ja teenustet Posted by valdek2 in Lumelauaga Leninilt, 2000 | Nov 20, 2008