- PakseArrived at Paske after the bus broke down for about an hour, at a bus terminal in the middle of no where. I didn't even think this was a tourist stunt until the 2 couples with me reminded me that Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 22, 2015
- Vang ViengArrived at Vang vieng after a 4hour minibus trip, found the guesthouse, checked in and bumped into Lahiru who kindly offered to take me to the blue lagoon, we stopped at saelao restaurant & volunteer project centre on the way, Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 22, 2015
- VientianeGot a tuk tuk to the friendship bridge where I exited thailand and then jumped on a bus to cross the friendship bridge into laos.
I was getting a visa on arrival, which was actually really simple for once! Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 16, 2015
- Sayaboury Elephant Sanctuary and Conservation Centre3 wonderful days of our lives that we will never forget - the Elephant Conservation Sanctuary near Sayaboury in Laos. I think the best way to start about talking about our experience is telling you all about a bit of Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 15, 2015
- Luang Prabang and Vang ViengWe decided to head out to the waterfalls and bear sanctuary , the hostel we were staying at provided a tuk tuk there and back so Ang and I decided to split it with our friends :) . It was Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 9, 2015
- 1st Impressions in Laos[float=left][/float] Flying to Laos was a fun experience. While technically, it was no different than any of the flights I had taken so far, it was liberating knowing I was going to Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 7, 2015
- 4) Laos==Laos==
We are so torn when it comes to how we feel about Laos. The long boat ride was brilliant and we loved Luang Prabang. The time we spent in Kasi with Uncle Tom was unbelievable and the Lao landscape and Posted by jayandmat2015 in Jay & Mat's Travel Blog | Apr 22, 2015
- Yet Another Dodgy RoadRoads in Laos seem to be very windy & bumpy.
We headed from Vang Vieng to Vientiane, only a four hour drive.
Lunched at a place opened up to keep kids off the street, great food if only a bit slow Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 21, 2015
- Nothing Much to ReportA pretty boring post really.....I got a lie in since I'm absolutely paranoid of kayaks which was a good thing since I woke up not feeling the best. Explored town, had a massage, slept, treated myself to an iced Laos Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 20, 2015
- Where did you have lunch today
This is where I had lunch on top of the world!!! But it was one hell of a climb to get there thankfully we were on a coach but after 7 hours of twisting & turning I Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 19, 2015
- Monks, Elephants & Waterfalls Whose alarm goes off at 5.15am when there on holidays.....mine! A nice early start because we got to participate in the Alms giving ceremony. We knelt on mats & put sticky rice in the bowls of novice monks well Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 18, 2015
- Why did the Monk cross the road?Not sure as a women there not allowed to talk to me but we are seeing more & more, there orange robes standing out as they go about there lives.
Believe me when I say it's been a tough day : Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 17, 2015
- Scratching Laos off my MapOur drive from Chiang Rai to the Laos border was dotted with large mountains of limestone rising randomly up through the rice paddys, cute little wooden shacks would also appear, the a village & repeat.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/AE4 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 16, 2015
- How many Cambodians can you fit in a minivan? 32 hours, over 400km on what I'll dub the worlds longest unmade road and 4 buses later we rolled into Luang Pra Bang in Laos (somehow, as I'm not sure how the tyres stayed on the bus based on the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 14, 2015
- Laos s vjetrom u kosiPhonsavan - Luang Prabang- Vang Vieng - Vientiane - Pakxan -Takhek - Savannakhet - Pakse - Si Pha Don - Pakse
Čekamo sunčan i suh dan kako bi krenuli dalje. Kažu da dolazi jedan pa rano krećemo za Luang Prabang, 7 Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Apr 6, 2015
- Put za Laos ili prokletstvo Na MeaHanoi-Mai Chau-Vieng xai-Phonsavan
Nakon drhtavog izlaska iz Hanoija i njegovog kaotičnog prometa laganom vožnjom krećemo se u smjeru Laosa. Promet je na cesti smireniji iako ništa manje zanimljiv, cesta je u lošem stanju puna manjih i većih rup Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Apr 4, 2015
- L'art de voyager comme une tortue[center][/center]
===En quittant la Belgique, j'avais pour objectif de rejoindre Tokio et Taipei, où vivent deux de mes amies, sans avion. La raison de choix était e Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Mar 28, 2015
- Ma sixième première rencontre===Ca fait un petit temps que je n'ai plus écrit.... Où en étais-je? Ah oui, ma rencontre avec ce coréen et ses potes de la douane. Figurez vous que j'en ai rencontré d'autres des coréens, et puis des laociens et Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Mar 25, 2015
- Huay Xai Huay Xai! What a place. There is not alot going on in Huay Xai except 'The Gibbon Experience'. This is an organization which aims to eliminate poaching and improve environmental conditions in the northern Laos jungle, which also employing over Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Mar 16, 2015
- Luang Prabang
The first thing we noticed about Luang Prabang was that it was cold!! In saying that it was a lovely change to have to wear more clothes! After finding a place to stay we went to explor Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Mar 12, 2015
- 4000 Islands and VientianeWell its lucky we payed extra for a mini van from Siem Reap to Loas because it was totally worth it! Ripped seats, extremely uncomfortable and a terrible driver - what more could you want?!? (Gotta love how they carry Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Mar 4, 2015
- On the road again!===Me voilà repartie...
J'ai enfin, après de multiples péripéties et rebondissements, obtenu mon visa chinois.... N'étant attendue en Chine que pour le 28 février, j'ai décidé de m'y rendre par la terre en passant par le nord du Laos et Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Feb 15, 2015
- Laos: Si Phan Don===Si Phan Don===
Si Phan Don literally translates to 4000 Islands, and is an unmissable stop in SE Asia. This was a real highlight of my trip!
The islands are scattered around the vast, wide open currents of the Meekong.
The scenery and Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 14, 2015
- Laos: Vang Vieng==Vang Vieng==
Vang Vieng indeed has a notorious reputation; tubing, soft drugs, hard drugs, police corruption, etc.
The focus however should be the scenery.
Someone described it like being in Jurasic Park. It is so easy toimagine Terradactils and Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 14, 2015
- Laos: Luang Prabang==Arriving in Laos==
There is nothing to dislike about Laos, and a million reasons to fall in love with it.
Dense jungle like greenery, immersed in a huge complex of water syste Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 13, 2015