- Luang Prabang and the end of our South East Asian Travels Luang Prabang is a fairly quiet town that it spread to between two rivers - the Mekong and the Mae Kok River. The majority of the attractions such as temples and museums are set in the hills and the roads Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Sep 15, 2015
- Tubing in Vang Vieng Vang Vieng is notorious for getting wasted & water sports or getting wasted whilst participating in water sports in one of the most scenic areas in Laos. The whole town is surrounded by beautiful limestone cliffs that at times during Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Sep 5, 2015
- Vientiane Having found ourselves with lots of time in Vientiane, a city that does not particularly offer a lot in the way of entertainment, we did a lot of walking and riding around finding parkland and visiting what sights there are. Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Sep 2, 2015
- Visa hell in Vientiane We arrived very early (6.30am) after reaching Vientiane from Tad Lo on an overnight bus. It was not a fun experience. I think I had a total on half an hour sleep the whole night. On the tuk tuk Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 20, 2015
- Waterfalls, a friendly dog & hanging with locals at Tad Lo Our Next stop in Laos was Pakse, a bit of a nothing town. We were just passing through and used it as a stopover before heading further North to a little village called Ban Saeng Vang. Everyone just calls it Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 20, 2015
- 4000 Island Paradise: Don Khone & Don DetOur first stop in Laos was 4000 islands, an area that is made of many small islands in the Mekong River. There are two main islands that are set up for tourists, Don Khone and Don Det which are connected Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 11, 2015
- Laos - 2Houay Xai, the end of my boat journey, is a small town on the border crossing with Thailand. As such this is it's raison d'etre and there is nothing to see and so I took another long and uncomfortable minvan Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jul 28, 2015
- LaosOur last day in Hanoi was very cruisey. Our flight to Luang Prabang in Laos left at 7pm so we caught the local bus at about 3pm which ended up being good timing. We were flying Laos Airlines.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739190/42337275957C4 Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 28, 2015
- Laos - 1I'm not sure why I feel such anxiety when I cross borders or arrive at immigration control. I don't think I fit the profile of a drug smuggler or people trafficker, but nevertheless, there is always a nervousness that something Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Waterfalls & Elephants & Bears.... Oh My.[center]
From the moment I stepped off the plane, I couldn't stop smiling as I had the sensation rush over me that I was finally in a place that felt like a home away f Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 28, 2015
- Don KhonWoke up not feeling too great, nearly missed my coach as the alarm didn't go off!
Took a coach to the river and then a boat to Don Khon.
I got off the boat and went to the first restaurant who also Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 26, 2015
- PakseArrived at Paske after the bus broke down for about an hour, at a bus terminal in the middle of no where. I didn't even think this was a tourist stunt until the 2 couples with me reminded me that Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 22, 2015
- Vang ViengArrived at Vang vieng after a 4hour minibus trip, found the guesthouse, checked in and bumped into Lahiru who kindly offered to take me to the blue lagoon, we stopped at saelao restaurant & volunteer project centre on the way, Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 22, 2015
- VientianeGot a tuk tuk to the friendship bridge where I exited thailand and then jumped on a bus to cross the friendship bridge into laos.
I was getting a visa on arrival, which was actually really simple for once! Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 16, 2015
- Sayaboury Elephant Sanctuary and Conservation Centre3 wonderful days of our lives that we will never forget - the Elephant Conservation Sanctuary near Sayaboury in Laos. I think the best way to start about talking about our experience is telling you all about a bit of Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 15, 2015
- Luang Prabang and Vang ViengWe decided to head out to the waterfalls and bear sanctuary , the hostel we were staying at provided a tuk tuk there and back so Ang and I decided to split it with our friends :) . It was Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 9, 2015
- 1st Impressions in Laos[float=left][/float] Flying to Laos was a fun experience. While technically, it was no different than any of the flights I had taken so far, it was liberating knowing I was going to Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 7, 2015
- 4) Laos==Laos==
We are so torn when it comes to how we feel about Laos. The long boat ride was brilliant and we loved Luang Prabang. The time we spent in Kasi with Uncle Tom was unbelievable and the Lao landscape and Posted by jayandmat2015 in Jay & Mat's Travel Blog | Apr 22, 2015
- Yet Another Dodgy RoadRoads in Laos seem to be very windy & bumpy.
We headed from Vang Vieng to Vientiane, only a four hour drive.
Lunched at a place opened up to keep kids off the street, great food if only a bit slow Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 21, 2015
- Nothing Much to ReportA pretty boring post really.....I got a lie in since I'm absolutely paranoid of kayaks which was a good thing since I woke up not feeling the best. Explored town, had a massage, slept, treated myself to an iced Laos Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 20, 2015
- Where did you have lunch today
This is where I had lunch on top of the world!!! But it was one hell of a climb to get there thankfully we were on a coach but after 7 hours of twisting & turning I Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 19, 2015
- Monks, Elephants & Waterfalls Whose alarm goes off at 5.15am when there on holidays.....mine! A nice early start because we got to participate in the Alms giving ceremony. We knelt on mats & put sticky rice in the bowls of novice monks well Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 18, 2015
- Why did the Monk cross the road?Not sure as a women there not allowed to talk to me but we are seeing more & more, there orange robes standing out as they go about there lives.
Believe me when I say it's been a tough day : Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 17, 2015
- Scratching Laos off my MapOur drive from Chiang Rai to the Laos border was dotted with large mountains of limestone rising randomly up through the rice paddys, cute little wooden shacks would also appear, the a village & repeat.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/AE4 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 16, 2015
- How many Cambodians can you fit in a minivan? 32 hours, over 400km on what I'll dub the worlds longest unmade road and 4 buses later we rolled into Luang Pra Bang in Laos (somehow, as I'm not sure how the tyres stayed on the bus based on the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 14, 2015