- Southern Laos[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/|Laos photos]]
The sleepy landlocked nation of Laos was the penultimate country I travelled to on Globo Trip. I did not initially intend to visit Laos, but geographical convenience and financ Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Dec 12, 2013
- Working Out What Wat's WhatIt was a pleasure to land in Chiang Mai, Thailand after the 12 hour + journey from London via Bangkok to warm dry temperatures in the mid twenties and to be out of the UK chill. For the first time Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Dec 10, 2013
- Luang Prabang…with a bang!
After two days travelling down the Mekong from the Thai border we arrived in the UNESCO World Herritage City of Luang Prabang. We quickly fell in love. There was plenty to see, most of it packed into a compact walkable Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Dec 2, 2013
- Adzin 06: Cuisine / Laos
“Rennen!”, zei ik tegen Ursula. In de jungle in het noord-westen van Laos moesten we wel. We keken de dood in de ogen. En dan bedoel ik niet de dode bladeren op de bosbodem, die daar volge Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Nov 29, 2013
- Pai to vang vieng[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/large_F3AA19922219AC68178B070F0 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 25, 2013
- Thakhek Loop Adventure Day 3 (Part 3)Arriving at Nahin bus station from Laksao, I immediately hit the road again on my bike and ride towards the direction to Konglor Cave after getting on information on how to get there from people at the station. Over at Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 23, 2013
- Thakhek Loop Adventure Day 3 (Part 2)To put it simply, Laksao is not a town with good infrastructure as of now. Parts of the road in the town was dusty due to reason these roads yet to paved in full though there was a bank observed Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 23, 2013
- Thakhek Loop Adventure Day 3 (Part 1)From Phosy Thalang Guesthouse in Ban Thalang, I departed early at 6 am to get to Laksao. I have read about part of the Thakhek Loop would involve going through the muddy, slippery red earth road and seen some of Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 22, 2013
- Indochina - random picsThe problem with taking pics is that we can't easily capture ourselves in various activities. We're on the wrong side of the lens (or the right side depending on your point of view).
So the following photos are a collection Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 21, 2013
- Vientiane, LaosVientiane is the capital of Laos; however it once again feels like a relatively small town rather than a capital as we would know it. It sits on the Mekong overlooking Thailand. We had initially got our hopes up that Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 19, 2013
- Luang Prabang, LaosOur coach ride from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang, Laos was horrendous!! Once again we were on a clapped out, former Chinese owned coach which was literally falling apart and was so uncomfortable for the whole 8 hours! Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 30, 2013
- Thakhek Loop Adventure Day 2I started early at 6 am local time on the Day 2 of the Thakhek Loop adventure. My target for Day 2 was to reach Laksao but unfortunately, I could only reached Ban Thalang at approximately 4.00 pm, cycling for Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 17, 2013
- Thakhek Loop Adventure Day 1It was already 12 pm when I decided to rent the bike from Wang Wang Bike Rental Shop located at a row of old shops near the Mekong river. The rental for a day for the only mountain bike available Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 16, 2013
- Vang Vieng, LaosWe arrived in Vang Vieng after a long 7 hour bus ride through the mountains, which we were told would take 5, 6 at most hours. It was an incredibly uncomfortable, hot bus.
Vang Vieng used to be very much a Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 14, 2013
- Vang Vieng, LaosOur journey from Vietiene to Vang Vieng was thankfully very simple and only 4 hours (our shortest yet in South East Asia!) in a comfy air conditioned mini-bus through some stunning scenery, albeit on some very bumpy and winding roads! Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 27, 2013
- Luang Prabang, LaosWe set about exploring Luang Prabang the following day. Luang Prabang sort of reminds me of San Pedro de Atacama, as all of the signs are wooden and use the same yellow letters to name the place, all made out Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 12, 2013
- Luang PrabangLuang Prabang on alueen entinen pääkaupunki. Mekong ja Nam Khan -jokien risteyksessä sijaitsevan kaupungin koko keskusta on valittu UNESCO:n maailmanperintölistalle. Ihanan rauhallinen ja kaunis. Sielu lepäsi ja pois en olisi halunnut lähteä.
Autoja e Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 10, 2013
- Slow Boat Along the MekongWe took a mini bus to the Thai border town of Chiang Khong, stopping off in Chiang Rai to visit the truly stunning White Temple. Over the last few weeks and in Japan, we have seen a lot of different Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 10, 2013
- Biking Through Khammouane province It was never easy as I would have thought. Doing the Thakhek Loop on a bicycle is just a crazy adventure that I think would never be in most travellers mind who intend to get into Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 10, 2013
- From Nakhon Phanom to ThakhekI never thought that it would be as strenuous as this. I decided that I should venture to Thakhek, a small major town in Khammoune province in central of Laos to get into the challenge of biking through the "Thakhek Posted by kidd27 in The Thakhek Loop Adventure | Nov 9, 2013
- Leaving Laos on the Mekong slow boat, and visiting BangkokDear all.
Lachlan and I have spent the last five days in Bangkok, Thailand, after crossing the Laos-Thai border at Houay Xai, in the north of Thailand. At Houay Xai the Mekong River forms the border between the Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Nov 8, 2013
- Day 22 UXO
In the morning we visited the COPE exhibition which is a charity committed to providing prosthetics for all people injured by Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 6, 2013
- Day 21 Coin Toss
We travelled to Vientiane this morning and went to the Vietnamese embassy this afternoon to organise our visa's.
We faced a dilemma which eventually could only be solved by a coin toss Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 5, 2013
- Day 20 TubingToday we went on a tubing/kayaking tour. We were the only ones to book on so we had our own personal guide. He took us to the elephant cave where he answered a lot of our questions on Buddhism. Then Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 5, 2013
- Day 19 HangingToday was a complete right off due to the both of us being completely hung over and useless.
I stupidly woke up at 8 am claiming not to have any illness. Come 10 am I could hardly speak and was Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 5, 2013