- Road trip # Laos[center][i]To get to 4000 islands from Cambodia, we needed to go back to Phnom Penh and then take a bus.
$27 for the bus,you leave at 7 am and then you will arrive a while later ... I was in my Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Nov 26, 2014
- Easy RidersThere isn’t much to report on our remaining time in Laos, as we’d very happily settled into the Laotian pace of life which has one speed – slow.
It’s not a problem as long as you go with the flow and Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Nov 10, 2014
- Welcome to the JungleOur next stop after Cambodia was to Laos, a country we knew very little about due to the lack of information online about its geography, things to see and do, where to stay, accessible roads etc. [float=right][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664247 Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Nov 7, 2014
- Monkeying around!Whoa! What!? Is this real? Am I really doing this? Amaziiiiinnnnggggg! Look at that. I'm going to CRASH!
This is what was going through my head as I zip lined through a gap in the jungle canopy. Below me a valley Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 27, 2014
- Cruising the MekongAs Sarah is stuck in a really good book I'm going to write back to back blogs. On Tuesday morning a colourful tuk tuk picked us up at 7am Laos time (7:10am) and absolutely hammered it for 20 mins to Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 27, 2014
- Luang Prabang's Elephants and WaterfallsLoving our time in chilled out Laos! We flew into Luang Prabang after dark on Friday evening so our first real experience of it was a leisurely Saturday breakfast on the banks of the Mekong. Leisurely mainly because our guest Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 22, 2014
- Slow boat to ThailandOn Tuesday, got up early to have breakfast and head to the pier outside town to catch the slow boat along the Mekong as far as Pak Beng, which is the halfway stop on the way to the Thai border. Posted by liamwimbo in Cambodia_Laos | Sep 21, 2014
- A sleepy capital and a little slice of paradise
Arrived early evening in Vientiane and headed out to dinner. Although it has a reputation as being a quiet place, the riverfront area was quite lively. We tried a Belgian Beer bar for moules and frites but they had run Posted by liamwimbo in Cambodia_Laos | Sep 17, 2014
- The Tha Khek Loop
"The Loop" is a three to four-day motorbike journey outside of Tha Khek, Laos. Getting into town, we wasted no time trying to find information about the conditions of the road in the wet Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Aug 18, 2014
- From Laos with Love Greetings from "It's so hot I want to die"-Luang Prabang!
I arrived yesterday morning via mini plane from Bangkok and was greated by jungly mountains, a brown Mekong river and a smiling offi Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Aug 16, 2014
- Into the WetI was dropped off the Salavan bus at small village near the Tad-Lo waterfalls. After some wandering around I found a bungalow by the river with a water-view that I may not repeat on this trip.
Yesterday I biked about 8km Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 24, 2014
- The Night the Earth MovedI had a choice when leaving Vientiane: a day bus to my intended destination of Pakse arriving ostensibly at 10pm; a day bus to a closer town; or a night bus to Pakse. I chose my usual last resort - Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 24, 2014
- French ConnectionWhen the tsongkaeo driver dropped us off in the city centre of Vientiane, I asked him what street we were on, seeing as street signs in Laos are generally in Lao. He looked at me like I was stupid and Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 24, 2014
- Epic on a BusToday was a Not So Hot Day. In other words, a Wet Day. Hosed down overnight.
It was also the day I moved on from Luang Prabang to the capital Vientiane. In the absence of the now-deceased boat service, I caught Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 18, 2014
- Swimming With ElephantsWhen I went to the Singapore Zoo they had elephant rides. I didn’t bother with the queues but thought it would be neat to ride an elephant.
Here in Luang Prabang there is an array of tour offices offering a selection Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 18, 2014
- Luang PrabangLuang Prabang is at the end of line, metaphorically speaking when it comes to long-distance public boat transport in Laos. The service down to the capital Vientiane ended just last year and south of Vientiane sometime before that.
My first impression Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 18, 2014
- The Mighty MekongThe days of local commuter transport on the Mekong are coming to an end, as new roads are built. Today I caught the “Slow Boat” from Huay Xai down to Pakbeng, a small town whose main income is probably from Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 14, 2014
- Other Side of the River, Other Side of the RoadOne of the little adventures I was looking forward to, was crossing the Thai-Laos border, the Mekong river, by long boat. Perhaps by being too smart for my own good, it didn’t happen.
I got the local bus from Chiang Rai Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 13, 2014
- Luang Prabang, LaosWe were told the slow boat from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang departed at 10:30am daily so the goal that morning was to catch a taxi from our hotel in Chiang Khong, cross the border and get on another taxi Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jul 12, 2014
- My UtopiaBefore I can tell you about Luang Prabang it is important to summarize the sketchy bus experience I had getting there. The bus is advertised as 8 hours for the short 210km. There were 15 people on the minivan. Notable Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Jun 9, 2014
- More Than Just a PartyNext up on the adventure was Vang Vieng. Well known for its drunken antics and dangerous partying most travellers were suprised to hear that wasn't the agenda I had in mind for my visit.
I teamed up with Andrea (Switzerland) and Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Jun 6, 2014
- Lani Laos LessonsMy first solo flight landed me in Vientiane late in the afternoon Tuesday. My first impressions were that things were bustling and not that pretty but I was still excited to explore this new country.
As I got to my hostel Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Jun 6, 2014
- And onto LaosAfter Cat Ba, we spent another day and night in Hanoi exploring the city. Not much to report from Hanoi, if honest we were not big fans of it as a city - but this may well have been Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | May 31, 2014
- Where i will be eatingI will be eating and the 5 star Trancoso beach bar and restaurant.
Located on Nativos Beach, one of the most private stretches of beach in Trancoso, is the Villas de Trancoso restaurant. Outside guests can make a reservation for breakfast, Posted by Ash.S.Nobrega in South America (Brazil) | May 29, 2014
- Being lazy in VientianeSean and I left for Vientiane by a lovely comfortable bus! A luxury in Laos!! We planned to arrive in Vientiane on Thursday afternoon and go straight to the Vietnam embassy to apply for next day visas. However, unknown to Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | May 6, 2014