- Sausages Rule in RigaOn the edge of the old walled city of Riga is a pristine indoor food market of monumental proportions. Pork is the staple of the meat section with hundreds of stalls offering every inch of pig from the snout to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 8, 2016
- Rundale PalaceThe plan for today centered around visiting Rundale Palace, which was about an hour away from Riga.
I had found the local buses to take to get out to Rundale, as all of the guided tours were far too expensive (averaging Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 1, 2016
- Meandering around RigaMy first - and only - full day in Riga was jam-packed and was spectacular.
I ventured out to explore some of the city after breakfast; my first goal was to locate the bus station where I'll be leaving for Rundale Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 31, 2016
- Road Tripping in Estonia and LatviaToday was a very full day as I made my way from Tallinn, Estonia to Riga, Latvia. There are several buses and trains that travel between the two cities, but I found a guided shuttle tour that makes several Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 30, 2016
- RigaWell, best case scenario, we will be home after 20 hours of travel tomorrow. If this in not the last entry, then that means we are stuck somewhere we shouldn't be stuck tomorrow. Not really looking forward to Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 18, 2016
- Riga Today we went to a place called Lido. It was really the only thing on the agenda. We let Grant sleep in, as he is just exhausted. It is just physically pretty grueling. I am not Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 17, 2016
- RigaToday we went on a general walking tour of the Old Town in Riga. While the speaker was charismatic, I didn't connect with a lot of the content, or lack there of. It seems Latvia followed the same path Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 16, 2016
- RigaOkay, I thought I was going to get a slight break from blogging today. The cab driver was early. We figured out the bus procedure without speaking any Lithuanian. We even had time to take pictures of Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 15, 2016
- 2005, 2007 & 2010 - LatviaOk, so I don't like to visit a place more than once; but there are valid reasons for my three trips to Latvia's Capital, Riga - honest!
The first trip was with David and his cousin's family again in 2005. Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016
- Riga[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Latvia/|Latvia photos.]]
I travelled to Riga on my penultimate weekend adventure from Stockholm, which was my first foray into the former Soviet Union. Riga is certainly not among E Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Jan 27, 2016
- I'm Tallinn You, Riga is the place to beAs we make our way through the Baltics, the weather is getting warmer and the beers cheaper.
We traveled from Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia, by ferry. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this “ferry” was actually more like a cruise Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Oct 1, 2015
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/382802 Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Riga -> Sigulda & retour
Une route un peu scabreuse...
[img=http://phot Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Mèrsgrads -> Tukums -> Jurmala
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Latvia - SiguldaNext on the list, a popular Latvian holiday spot an hour away from Riga, Sigulda. Set in the picturesque stretch of the primeval Gauja river valley. October was an ideal time of year to visit as autumn was thriving in Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 8, 2014
- Latvia - RigaA 5 hour bus from Talinn to Riga...I wasn't expecting anything that great, but it really was! If you book with Lux Express, you get leather seats, a personal screen packed with movies, internet and Wi-Fi, all for less than Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 5, 2014
- Riga, LatviaI departed my hotel in Vienna, and headed for the airport. I had booked a ticket on one of the many budget airlines in Europe, where a plane ticket costs less then the train or bus. Vienna airport was much Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Nov 3, 2014
- Tallinn to Riga - Thursday, 11 September 2014Hotel Royal Ridzline, Radisson Blu
Early start today. Bags out at 7am and on the bus at 8am for the trip to Riga, the capital of Latvia. The driver is required to stop every two hours so we called into Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 11, 2014
- Saturday 5th July (Elton)Today is a sea day, where we are sailing from Riga back to Stockholm. With no need to be off the ship for tours or port visits, we have a late breakfast, then sit on the pool deck, trying Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Friday 4th July (Ilona)Riga, Latvia. Wonderful sights and many photo opportunities in the Old Town of Riga. Latvia only became a member of the EU on the 1st of January this year. It's one of the poorer nations of the EU. We joined Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Last day in RigaToday is a free day to explore Riga. One of Ona’s suggestions was to travel by train to Jūrmala (pr Yurmala), which is a resort area on the Baltic Sea. Our bus driver, Alex, offered to drive there if there Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 22, 2014
- Riga againA 9am start for a 3 hour walking tour of Riga’s old town with local guide Margita. Then we had the rest of the day free to explore. I walked to the central markets, which are housed in five Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 21, 2014
- RigaA couple of random thoughts from my time in Estonia:
small population of only 1.3 million
the land is very flat, with rye and rape seed crops
people are friendly and helpful
major industry is IT
great black rye bread (yum)
there are still bears, Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 20, 2014
- Shore VisitThis morning we left the ship here in the Azores. Our time spent aboard the Noordam has been wonderful. The embarkation went smoothly, accommodation is very comfortable . The first few days were sunny and warm and Posted by BeeGood2 in Our Italian Odyssey | Mar 29, 2014
- LatviaThis morning we left Estonia and headed south to Latvia. We rode the E61/A1 all along the coast until we reached Riga. We were in need of a shower and some luxuries like electricity after our wild camping in the Posted by XJR1300 in MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR - Part 2 | Sep 3, 2013