- Day 13 n 14 (30 n 31 Jan)I will give it to you up front.
Even with all the efforts of an excellent tourism board, Ventspils is struggling to attract international tourism fame. Early on, Scandinavia was a target but I guess the Swedes are too busy in Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Feb 1, 2017
- Day 12 (29 Jan)From Riga to Ventspils today.
Short trip. Checking back on the Mac; Google maps tells me 187.7Km.
Deeper into history. I probably did this road some 100 times in 2000/2001.
Most business meetings were in Riga as opposed to Ventspils itself.
Flyi Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- Riga (2)1. The Occupation Museum
All those visits to the City, never visited the museum. So this time felt obliged to walk in....
I will not comment too much because it is such as seriou Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- Riga (1) (Days 9-10-11)
Yes, unexpected snow on the first day in Riga (and the only day since then).
From below you can see how the weather changed from one day to another....
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- Day 8 (25 Jan)So if ever anyone asks you if you have seen Mariajampole, here it is;
You will have seen as much as I have seen, from my window at 8th floor. Did not get out of the hotel, straight Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 26, 2017
- Michael's Fall Michael had a great fall. No, it's not about Humpty Dumpty, and he did not physically fall down.
Michael adjusted quickly to the new school, and we loved hearing his comments about how things are different and similar, and what Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 21, 2016
- LatviaIt wasn't easy saying our farewells to Ron and Lois, Meg, Wes and Alfie, and our feathered and woolly friends at 'The Glebe'. We had got into such a comfortable and contented routine over the five weeks of our house Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Nov 4, 2016
- Sausages Rule in RigaOn the edge of the old walled city of Riga is a pristine indoor food market of monumental proportions. Pork is the staple of the meat section with hundreds of stalls offering every inch of pig from the snout to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 8, 2016
- Rundale PalaceThe plan for today centered around visiting Rundale Palace, which was about an hour away from Riga.
I had found the local buses to take to get out to Rundale, as all of the guided tours were far too expensive (averaging Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 1, 2016
- Meandering around RigaMy first - and only - full day in Riga was jam-packed and was spectacular.
I ventured out to explore some of the city after breakfast; my first goal was to locate the bus station where I'll be leaving for Rundale Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 31, 2016
- Road Tripping in Estonia and LatviaToday was a very full day as I made my way from Tallinn, Estonia to Riga, Latvia. There are several buses and trains that travel between the two cities, but I found a guided shuttle tour that makes several Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 30, 2016
- RigaWell, best case scenario, we will be home after 20 hours of travel tomorrow. If this in not the last entry, then that means we are stuck somewhere we shouldn't be stuck tomorrow. Not really looking forward to Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 18, 2016
- Riga Today we went to a place called Lido. It was really the only thing on the agenda. We let Grant sleep in, as he is just exhausted. It is just physically pretty grueling. I am not Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 17, 2016
- RigaToday we went on a general walking tour of the Old Town in Riga. While the speaker was charismatic, I didn't connect with a lot of the content, or lack there of. It seems Latvia followed the same path Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 16, 2016
- RigaOkay, I thought I was going to get a slight break from blogging today. The cab driver was early. We figured out the bus procedure without speaking any Lithuanian. We even had time to take pictures of Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 15, 2016
- 2005, 2007 & 2010 - LatviaOk, so I don't like to visit a place more than once; but there are valid reasons for my three trips to Latvia's Capital, Riga - honest!
The first trip was with David and his cousin's family again in 2005. Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016
- Riga[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Latvia/|Latvia photos.]]
I travelled to Riga on my penultimate weekend adventure from Stockholm, which was my first foray into the former Soviet Union. Riga is certainly not among E Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Jan 27, 2016
- I'm Tallinn You, Riga is the place to beAs we make our way through the Baltics, the weather is getting warmer and the beers cheaper.
We traveled from Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia, by ferry. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this “ferry” was actually more like a cruise Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Oct 1, 2015
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/382802 Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Riga -> Sigulda & retour
Une route un peu scabreuse...
[img=http://phot Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Mèrsgrads -> Tukums -> Jurmala
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 13, 2015
- Latvia - SiguldaNext on the list, a popular Latvian holiday spot an hour away from Riga, Sigulda. Set in the picturesque stretch of the primeval Gauja river valley. October was an ideal time of year to visit as autumn was thriving in Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 8, 2014
- Latvia - RigaA 5 hour bus from Talinn to Riga...I wasn't expecting anything that great, but it really was! If you book with Lux Express, you get leather seats, a personal screen packed with movies, internet and Wi-Fi, all for less than Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 5, 2014
- Riga, LatviaI departed my hotel in Vienna, and headed for the airport. I had booked a ticket on one of the many budget airlines in Europe, where a plane ticket costs less then the train or bus. Vienna airport was much Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Nov 3, 2014
- Tallinn to Riga - Thursday, 11 September 2014Hotel Royal Ridzline, Radisson Blu
Early start today. Bags out at 7am and on the bus at 8am for the trip to Riga, the capital of Latvia. The driver is required to stop every two hours so we called into Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 11, 2014