Blog Entries tagged 'London'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'London'
- Careful with the Family Jewels
This being my fourth trip abroad (sixth overall) with young adolescents, I decided to add London to the itinerary. I a Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Introduction: The Where's Willy Team==The Who==
No, not the 1960's Pinball Wizard's [[http://thewho.com|The Who]]!! Who is the blog going to be about? With over 80,000 miles (enough to circle the world 3.2 times!!), 6 continents, 30 flights and 26 countries in the next Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Apr 7, 2013
- Leaving London: Logistics, Beer and WineAs the saying goes, “all good things must come to an end”; except in our case. Yes we will miss London but we are off to see more great things so the sting of leaving is pretty mild. Considering four Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- Easter SundayEnglish sausages are one thing, but English sausages for Easter breakfast are definitely another. These, muffins, and hot cross buns were enjoyed by all this morning. Abby and I also got a chocolate bar each, left over from the hurriedly Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- A Day in London: Cousins George & Joan, St. Pauls, & HardysToday we planned to split up a little, with three groups going three separate ways. Hannah and I planned to check out Madame Tussaud's, the wax museum, together, while my parents visited my mom's first cousin once removed and his Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded" -- Yogi BerraThe first excursion of the day was to return to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guard. It is heralded as one of the 'must see' events and this was apparently the opinion shared by the other 19,995 Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- British Museum and a Bridge too Far[float=left][/float]What can you say about London? It is the world's most visited city, and was for almost a century the world's largest urban center. It has 43 univer Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- Theater Performance Day[float=left][/float]Today was so wicked... like, really. We went to see the musical preformance of "Wicked" this afternoon, and it was spectacular. Oh, Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- First Day in London[float=left][/float]Today was our introduction to England's capital city, London.
We emerged from the Underground and were immediately gre Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 1, 2013
- Jolly Old EnglandAfter six weeks in Turkey, the day to leave dawned with some bittersweet feelings (except maybe for Abby, who has been anticipating Britain with great eagerness). It has been quite the experience, staying in one country for this long. While Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Mar 28, 2013
- Harmony in the West EndIt’s taken awhile to figure out, but I am at my happiest when the people that count on me are happy, all together, all at the same time. For simplicity sake, let’s call it harmony.
Disney creates great ads that depict Posted by EuropInFebruary in From the Travel Book I'll Never Write | Mar 1, 2013
So I left India behind and headed to Londontown!! My first night in London, I met up with a mate of mine, Andrew, whom I had met in Australia. We walked from Charing Cross to Trafalgar Posted by kendallwallace in Wanderlust Wallace | Jan 31, 2013
- London - theatre, chocolate, and more theatre...'I regard theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being' - Oscar Wilde
London was always going Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Jan 10, 2013
- London's CallingWhat a bonus it was to find out we could fly from Bologna to London for the price of 300 Euros return. EasyJet ... Priceless.
Setting off early on Wednesday morning we arrived at Gatwick around lunchtime. It was then Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Dec 9, 2012
- Westminster17th November
Epitomizing London, Westminster is a fantastic distillation of deservedly iconic architecture & manicured parks.
Palace of Westminster (i.e. Houses of Parliament) was the first thing that smacked our eyeballs with captivating c Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Nov 21, 2012
- Zookeeper for a DayOne great thing about London is that, if you know where to look, with a bit of planning (and, admittedly, a bit of money to spare), you get to do a range of incredible things that’ll stay with you for Posted by Hachiko in Anytime - Anyplace - Anywhere - Any way | Nov 14, 2012
- LondonThe plan: London -> Krakow, Warsaw ->Helsinki, Helsinki -> Bangkok. Three days three flights, if I only get window seats weekend will be awesome :) Posted by madsheep in Following J. | Oct 25, 2012
- October - Departure Minus 1 - Routes and Roads
“No camel route is long, with good company” - Turkish Proverb
The road since my last travel blog has been a seemingly never-ending stretch of uni assignments, work projects, business trips and assorted other mundane Things To Do. As we Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Oct 20, 2012
- Monday Night BluesIt's Monday night. I'm sitting on my sofa, feeling lazy, the London sky behind me is dreadfully grey. It only seemed appropriate that I'd kick off this blog with an article devoted to the Monday blues in this wonderful city. Posted by Hachiko in Anytime - Anyplace - Anywhere - Any way | Oct 8, 2012
- Notting Hill Carnival27th August
This is a very famous carnival held every year at Notting Hill which pays tribute to the food and music of the Caribbean. This is the place where Levi Roots made his name supplying his own range of Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 27, 2012
- London, July 2012.[float=left][/float]The reason I decided to go to London was because of a disagreement. Long
story short I had planned to visit a beach destination with a 'close' friend and
had been planning for months only to be told a few Posted by KayleighTwyman in Kayleigh's Travel Reports | Sep 29, 2012
- About MeIt's raining in London. It's September and everyone is either at work, school or university.
Except me, I'm sitting in bed writing this, trying to find a witty and interesting way to describe myself and the voyage I'm about to embark Posted by travelbugged89 in 69 Days of Summer | Sep 24, 2012
- London, London, London!!!After touching down at Heathrow airport, we made our way through the labyrinth of tunnels to the underground. Equipping ourselves with some oyster cards (think Myki) we took the Piccadilly line to Tulse Hill station, where a grungy room above Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 25, 2012
- Olympics 2012blah blah...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508465/DSC00393. Posted by pandjtakeoff in P&J Take Off | Aug 18, 2012
- The UK
I finally arrived at London Gatwick airport at 10 in the morning absolutely exhausted and after walking the maze of the airport, waiting around for a bus, catching the worlds slowest bus t Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Aug 10, 2012