Blog Entries tagged 'London'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'London'
- Waterstones So my last few days in London were relatively uneventful. I’m finding that the lazy tendencies that I am very accustomed to at home are resurfacing. You know the ones, desire to sleep far more than necessary, sit around watching Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 28, 2014
- Brick Lane LondonSo I got a message on couch surfing to meet Andrew for drinks in Sydney. I saw this message very delayed, and he was no longer in Australia. Luckily Andrew is a London local so I said I would Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 25, 2014
- Notting Hill CarnivalOk so did you know that London (more specifically Notting Hill) has this carnival every year where they try to mimic Rio's 'Carnival'?
Well I didn't. In fact I was so oblivious that when I showed up I thought I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 24, 2014
- Night Out in London Town So I signed up to go to dinner with an online website called 'couch surfing'. The premise of the site is to find people who will let you sleep at their house when you travel to save on money. The Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 23, 2014
- Dirty Rotten ScoundrelsSo I treated myself to a West-End show, because, well... I can.
I picked this one on a whim and I am really glad that I did. It was funny! And I mean genuinely funny!
I have learned since that the Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 22, 2014
- London Week 1So here goes nothing.
I have never written a blog before. Personally I find myself clever and witty and all of those lovely things that would make a superb blogger. But low and behold the world does not always agree. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- 16 hours till take off.....Welcome to our travel blog!
We have decided to keep a blog/journal of our year travelling so friends and family can see what we're up to. We have never done anything like this before so please be patient with us! We Posted by flickateacup in Wherever We May Roam | Aug 24, 2014
- One Month UpdateAccording to this blogging site, these are some of my stats so far:
- 7008 miles traveled
- 9 countries visited – US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic
- 32 days spent traveling
- 0.35 % of my Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- I Heart LondonWe arrived in London Monday morning we've pretty much been in jumpers for the first time all trip, the weathers also changed we've had rain!
Here's our afternoon in London in pictures
We saw the amazing poppies at the Tower of London
[img=http://ph Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 13, 2014
- Royale with Cheese and Looking for Lee Ho Fook'sI have spent the past week or so in two of Europe's largest cities. I arrived in Paris on Sunday evening (August 3rd). After checking in and planning what I wanted to do for the next few days Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- LondonAs I was taking my breakfast, I read (again) the London guide to find what I could do in my last morning/early afternoon in London. I thought it would be interesting to the changing the guard ceremony by Buckingham palace Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 13, 2014
- LondonToday was my last full day in London. I took the underground from Waterloo station to London Bridge station. I walked up Southwark street until I finally reached the Shakespeare Globe Theater and Exhibition.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6907 Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 12, 2014
- London I started the day at 9 AM by going to the Sea Life Aquarium by the London Eye. I have visited Sea Life previously at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, but I have to say that this one Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 11, 2014
- LondonIn order to rest a bit from yesterday, I treated myself with some extra hours of sleep. At around 10 AM, I left the apartment and headed to the Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye.
I went to Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 10, 2014
- LondonI woke up early at 7:30 AM to make the most of the day and optimize the London Pass. I started by going to the Monument station via London Bridge station. The Monument, which is a commemoration of the Great Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 9, 2014
- LondonYesterday, I read the London Guide in order to make the most of my day. I made the list of the museums with free admissions. My original plan was to buy a weekly London Pass, but as I did some Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 8, 2014
- LondonI started this beautiful day in the Jubilee gardens where I saw the London Eye, as well as the Houses of Parliament and the hidden Big Ben.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690781/IMG Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 7, 2014
- LondonI had to wake up early today because my friend had to go to work. I took the train from Hither Green station heading to Charring Cross, then I changed the train to arrive to St. Pancras station. Across the Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 4, 2014
- Malawi Bound!And so the adventure begins. In case you missed it, I am travelling to Malawi with Marco and Malia, volunteering with Construction for Change. Malia will be working on a project with Ekari, while Marco and I will be working Posted by tylerwein in Backpacks Are For Travel, Not School | Jul 6, 2014
- Our second day of LondonHi all
After a very full, buffet breakfast we all went to Kings Cross Station and there was a trolley stuck between platform nine and ten! There was a HUGE queue to get a picture with it! We went to have Posted by Evereberose in My holiday - July 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Our first day in LondonHi all!
After two REALLY LONG airplanes, we finally arrived at London!
We got there at 7:00 am in the morning in London and 5:00 pm in Melbourne.
We took a train ride to get to Kings Cross Station (but not at 9 Posted by Evereberose in My holiday - July 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Brawn and BrainBrawn although it's so mental too
We got in to wimby just slightly earlier than Friday, at about 7am. We were directed to k10, a row down from Friday though, and it seemed more crowded. I was already fearful that my Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 2, 2014
- How to watch Wimbledon The Queue
1. Arrive at Southfields station early, like 7am
2. Walk ten min to the start of the queue while trying to overtake people on the way
3. Get into queue and get a queue ticket and be happy Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 28, 2014
- LondonDay 3 Day in the city.
Today we did a walking tour lead by Leah and André. We saw Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, New Scotland Yard, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, the National Posted by Adele19 in Europe 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- On our way...Day 1 Fly from Townsvillle to Brisbane, Brisbane to Sydney, Sydney to Dubai. Short stop over in Dubai.
All the flights were fairly uneventful, catching up on a bit of missed sleep. During the domestic flights I had some Posted by Adele19 in Europe 2014 | Jun 10, 2014