Blog Entries tagged 'London'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'London'
- How to watch Wimbledon The Queue
1. Arrive at Southfields station early, like 7am
2. Walk ten min to the start of the queue while trying to overtake people on the way
3. Get into queue and get a queue ticket and be happy Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 28, 2014
- LondonDay 3 Day in the city.
Today we did a walking tour lead by Leah and André. We saw Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, New Scotland Yard, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, the National Posted by Adele19 in Europe 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- On our way...Day 1 Fly from Townsvillle to Brisbane, Brisbane to Sydney, Sydney to Dubai. Short stop over in Dubai.
All the flights were fairly uneventful, catching up on a bit of missed sleep. During the domestic flights I had some Posted by Adele19 in Europe 2014 | Jun 10, 2014
- England Day 5: Eyes Over LondonWe were once again up early for our 9:45a train from Liverpool to London. After sharing a bacon and egg sandwich with HP sauce and a side of hashbrowns at the hotel restaurant, we stepped outside to wait for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Jun 8, 2014
- Day 2 - LondonAugust 21st
It is my second day in London and I am going to the ZSL London Zoo. It is the world’s oldest scientific zoo and houses more than 760 different species of animals. It is the only zoo in London Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 21, 2014
- London, EnglandAugust 22nd
This morning I left Amsterdam at around 8am this morning and took a train to London, I arrived in here at about 1pm. The hotel I’m staying at is the Premier Inn London County Hall for $126 a night. Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 20, 2014
- London The English language is like London: proudly barbaric yet deeply civilised, too, common yet royal, vulgar yet processional, sacred yet profane.
- Stephen Fry
First impression of London: inefficient. They overbooked the buses from Stansted to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Day oneFirst day was loooong! However we are the consummate professionals and carried on. Met out our contiki rep- Becc from Perth Oz. A lovely gal who had us set up for a coach tour of London upon arr Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 23, 2014
- It's only been 10 days, does anyone miss us yet?We left 10 days ago and boy have we accomplished a lot in that time! 6 flights in 10 days and we have already seen some amazing things....
So let me start at the beginning.
3rd and 4th May 2014
The day Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | May 12, 2014
- Day 4 - Royal Artillery Museum & The Tower Of LondonRoyal Artillery Museum, Woolwich
Quoted from the web site:
[i]Firepower, the Royal Artillery Museum in Woolwich tells the powerful and dramatic story of artillery, scientific discoveries made through warfare and human stories of courage and e Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 8, 2014
- The big three-ohhhhhhhhh!Well folks, here you have it, I've finally turned 30! I decided long ago to spend the big birthday in London as that was the place in Europe where I knew the most amount of people and I decided that Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 8, 2014
- Day 2 - Central London Walk-AboutTook the tube to Westminster. Stepped out of the tube station and looked straight up at Big Ben.
Since I decided to get an early start, I was mixing it up with the suits and locals in rush h Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 6, 2014
- GreenwichIt was day 2 of a tube strike over here, so we decided to spend our last day at Greenwich and catch the Thames Clipper ferry there and back. It was an absolutely beautiful day, very sunny and warm. Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 30, 2014
- When a Man is tired of London ........said Samuel Johnson, he is tired of life. That may be true but touring this great city can nonetheless be very tiring, especially with kids!
Yesterday we walked from our hotel across Green Park to Buck Palace to see the changing Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | Apr 29, 2014
- LondonThis was the day we visited the Tower of London, one of the sights we had all been looking forward to most. We started off following the Beafeater’s tour, which was a fascinating introduction to the gory history of Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 27, 2014
- LondonToday was day of heights. We started with the London Eye for a fantastic view over London. There is so much to see, and the structure itself is very impressive.
After a stop at a playground the kids had Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 24, 2014
- London On day 5 it was time to leave Shanghai, and start what Cameron calls the “real part of the trip”. Our final adventure in Shanghai was to take the Maglev train to the airport. This involved a really Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 24, 2014
- Back to the West...London Town! I'd be lying if I said that coming back to the West has been exciting. It hasn't. After being in India where every experience had been so new and exciting (a sensory delight!), it has made everything in the West Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Apr 15, 2014
- LondonFinally arrived in London. It’s been 10 years since I left this place.
I managed navigate the tube and made our way to friends in Putney, where we resided for a couple of days.
We needed to stay awake all day to Posted by mccoach-cripps in mccoach-cripps travels | Mar 15, 2014
- London firstSo here's the thing - the first born now lives in London, our flight to Havana, Cuba departs Gatwick on the Monday. I know - let's increase the holiday budget with a 2 night hotel stay in London plus whatever Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 18, 2014
- Days 99-100 Over the Equator, homeward boundIt is the big day, and a very long one, we are returning home to Istanbul, via Miami-London...
Travel anxiety hit us big time as we only got to sleep for an hour or so. Woke up at 4 AM to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 9, 2014
- Pregnant SisterJie Jie and I went on a very quick weekend trip to London in November, to visit my sister who was expecting her first baby in December. We went to help her prepare!!
We left straight after school on Friday, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- Oh London
Oh London, what an extravagant mistress you are
Your flirtatious eyes hyptnotise us
We are captivated by your riches
You promise us so much
We wish upon your sparkling lights
And dream under your sky
Oh London but why are you so kind and cruel? Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 23, 2014
- Christmas In London Firstly, I apologise for such a late entry. Over the festive season, I didn’t get a chance to write and for the past two weeks I’ve been on the road/sick, so here’s a few entries I’ve been meaning to type Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- UnfinishedSo I have been a little bit slack in uploading anything recently, however I have actually been writing but just not enough or much. I have managed to write two unfinished semi decent pieces which I never got around to Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Jan 10, 2014